User Reviews for Duragesic-100

Learn more about Duragesic-100.

Pain 5 reviews 906 medications

8.6
Chronic Pain 4 reviews 106 medications

8.2
Summary of Duragesic-100 reviews 9 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Duragesic-100

For Chronic Pain "They have been good and bad for myself, mostly good, I was in a accident the messed up my back and surgery hasn't been an option at this point. I started out probably like everyone taking in way to many vicoden to percocet to oxytocin it got to be a fistful of pills everyday. Made me feel like a junkie. I can honestly say I would probably be dead if weren't for the patches. I change them every 48 hours and I've been on the same dose for about 8 years. My biggest worry/complaint is that I'm physically dependant on them and Vivid dreaming it's kinda freaky and being sleepy sometimes but the pain is tolerable. I'm on the PAP program (patient assistiance program) for low income so doesn't cost anything. They are very expensive"

Bossplayer211 (taken for 10 years or more) June 25, 2015

For Pain "powerful narcotic good pain relief"

Edlove (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Very helpful, but feel antst at times."

mari jane May 25, 2014

For Chronic Pain "It's alright for chronic pain."

dudley59 November 19, 2013

For Chronic Pain ""Duragesic" is an excellent chronic pain medication: no euphoric issues following the first couple weeks of use and initial body adjustment, etc., steady pain relief with minimal "Ups and Downs" in effectiveness (i.e., break through pain). However, myself, as with many users, find that it is necessary to change the patch every 48 hours, vs. the potential 72 hours (i.e., obviously this is with your doctor's approval). Also, putting the patch on takes a degree of practice and again, as with many, find it necessary to cover it with an approved "3M Tegaderm Cover" to prevent premature loss of adhesion. "

B1ackcat (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 12, 2013

For Pain "Scoliosis and multiple herniated discs in both my neck and lower back have required quite a few spinal surgeries but left me in chronic pain. Over the years it has increased to the point where nothing was helping my pain. My pain Doctor started me on Fentanyl 100 and slowly raised it to 150 over the course of a few years. Currently I am able to control my pain to about a "4" out of 10, by adding Oxycontin for breakthrough pain. Drowsiness and constipation are the most annoying side effects but its worth it to get my life back to semi-normal."

MRSDJMCW October 30, 2011

For Pain "I have a severe back condition which has resulted in chronic lower back pain for more than 25 years. I was using oxycodone (Oxycontin) and other pain related drugs until I developed a very severe allergic reaction. I started on Duragesic 50mcg Patch which I have tolerated with only the very minor side effect of mild constipation about once every 2 - 3 months. I have moved to the Duragesic 100mcg patch for the past 4 %u2013 5 years, this medicine is a true wonder. I am able to adjust my dosage from between 50 to 100mcg as required, and the most important thing is that I can lead a normal life mostly pain free. The patch lasts between 48 to 72 hours dependent upon my activity, if I sweat the patch only lasts 48 hours."

DavidBH December 17, 2010

For Pain "Having a positive feeling for the fentanyl transdermal system I would recommend it to anybody, but after using the 100mcg/hour ones for 5 years I have noticed that the patches don't last for 72 hours. I believe that I am one of those people who require change every 48 hours which will be conveyed to my Doctor in a few days."

oppapeter May 20, 2009

"Fentenyl Transdermal System in my opinion works well with a breakthrough medication. Try to stay cool because it seems to raise body temperature. Also, you may have trouble sleeping."

Anonymous December 2, 2008

For Pain "I have been on the duragesic patches 100mcg every 2 days a little over 3 years for chronic pain due to a failed lumbar fusion surgery. Before going on the patch I was taking 10-15 loritab's a day , which tore my gastrointestinal system apart. These patches were a Godsend. with norco as a break through med. I usually only have to take if I get a little over active . The only reason I didn't rate a 10 was a few side effects sweats and constipation being the worse. gains beat that easy."

patch wearer May 20, 2008