User Reviews for Actiq

Chronic Pain 0 reviews 102 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Actiq reviews 12 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Actiq

Review by ambitious (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Breakthrough Pain: overall it has been good, I'm on oxycontin 3times a day long lasting, then actiq for breakthru, it works much better than oxycodone and I don't get sick or lupey from it, however I do on occasion need to take 2 lozegers as my doctor refuses to up either my long lasting or the actiq, don't understand as I am on very low doses and have been RESPONSIBLY taking pain meds for more than 7 years now. overall a very good pain med.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 12:06 AM
Review by Achy, breaking head (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Pain: My experience with Actiq was like a miracle. I get many, very severe migraines, especially when I am in a stressful, rushed situation. Some of these occasions are holidays, birthdays, etc. I would try to prepare ahead of time, but frequently I would get a migraine. When a bad migraine doesn't abate after the usual rescue and pain management medicines, I would take Actiq, without it I can't participate with my family to help with any preparations, spend any time with them, and can't even sit down to have a meal with them. After several times of a ruined holiday or special times with family, they either forget you or resent you. Children don't understand at all. So, the next time there's a special event, you get nervous thinking of it.

June 30, 2012 4:57 AM
Review by Jewelie: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Breakthrough Pain: I have used fentanyl for about one year for breakthrough pain when using Embeda or 120mg of oxycodone as the primary medication. Actiq works extremely fast and quickly takes down the pain and related panic. I can also easily moderate the amount of fentanyl by removing the lollipop once pain relief has been achieved thus avoiding overuse. I do not get the typical drowsiness of narcotics from fentanyl. My only complaint is that it is relatively short acting and usually worn off at about 2.5 to 3 hours. As a result I often have to use a less effective medication for breakthrough pain and need to ration the fentanyl.

May 30, 2010 8:41 PM
Review by loupgarous: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Breakthrough Pain: I was essentially mis-prescribed Actiq when I should have been getting fentanyl patches for my cancer pain. This caused problems with both bolus dosing (transient overdosage) and build-up of opioid tolerance with the Actiq that have not been nearly as great a problem with fentanyl patches. Other patients may have different experiences; however for chronic cancer pain, the patches might be considered before use of Actiq.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 25, 2010 12:14 AM
Review by lebutcher: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Breakthrough Pain: When on this medication,along with a long-acting pain medication, I feel this helps to wean down my pain levels.

August 21, 2009 6:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Breakthrough Pain: I have sinus cancer (twice) and I am left with recurring "ice cream headaches". The relief from Actiq has been virtually miraculous. It takes effect within minutes and it doesn't make me feel as medicated as I did with Vicoden. One of the best things about Actiq is that I can regulate the amount of medication to match my break through pain level. I don't have to take a pill, wait 45 minutes then realize that it isn't working. Take yet another pill and (another) 45 minutes later realize that I am over-medicated relative to my pain. When my doctor asked me how I was getting on with the Actiq, my answer was "Actiq gave me my life back."

December 8, 2008 2:21 AM
Review by blant88: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Breakthrough Pain: This medication was like a miracle for me. I'm on 2 other narcotics but they hardly touch the pain. With this I feel as good as I did 13 years ago before I became disabled. Use responsibly as your doctor prescribes. This is by far the most relief I've ever had.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 6, 2008 12:57 PM
Review by Macktee: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Pain: I've had chronic daily cluster headaches for about 35 years. Actiq is the only med that I've tried to offer near-complete relief. I've been using them for almost five years and they still work as well as the first time. For me, a true "miracle drug".

May 6, 2008 4:08 AM
Review by Kristi Lynn: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Pain: I have been on Actiq for over 2 years. I've been on the same dose the whole time and I must admit, without it, I would be bed ridden and contorted. Actiq is a very serious medication that each prescriber/user needs to be educated, responsible and accountable for. I truly thank the good Lord for it because my quality of life has improved tremendously, without it my life would be full of pain and agony and I would be just a shell of who I am now. So, Actiq is great, just use with care!

April 30, 2008 9:21 PM
Review by dlseeber: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Pain: I would not be able to perform the daily routine of tasks that I have before me without the help of actiq during the day.

April 2, 2008 6:44 PM
Review by SugarShane: User Rating:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Pain: I have horrible nerve pain. Neither vicodin, oxycontin, morphine or any other opium based medicine worked. Plus my body had gotten used to the other pain pills. The actiq was AMAZING! It almost completely rid me of the pain (1000x stronger than morphine) and it is measured in micrograms (Mcg)it is so powerful. It was perfect for my burning nerve pain, and nerve spasms. Easiest drug to get BOTH chemically AND mentally addicted. Be careful

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2008 9:04 AM
Review by hecate3:

Actiq (fentanyl) for Pain: I have been a pain management patient for 4 years now. I am very sensitive to many medications and there are not many pain medications that I can take because I have such adverse side effects from them. The Actiq lozenge works very well for my breakthrough pain. It works very fast to releive my pain and the good thing is that I have control of my medication intake. Sometimes it is not nessesary to use the whole dose so, I never have to take any more medication than I need.

September 7, 2007 11:38 AM

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here