User Reviews for TriCor

6.5
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 2 reviews 30 medications

5.6
Hyperlipoproteinemia 3 reviews 43 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriCor reviews 14 reviews 5.8

Reviews for TriCor

Review by ninabeans:

For Hypertriglyceridemia: I have been on this for three months, no serious side effects. I am very super sensitive to statins so I had to get off of them. I haven't had my blood checked yet but will update on how it did. I plan on staying with this if it works because I feel no side effects at this point. Will update soon.

December 1, 2013 4:58 AM

Review by GasPasser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypertriglyceridemia: My Doctor put me on TriCor 145mg because she said my triglycerides were way to high. I don't know what the numbers were. I just do what my doc says I should do. Went and did lab test. My doctor said Tricor brought my triglycerides and other things way down to where she is happy. I asked her if the dose was too big because TriCor left me feeling tired. She agreed that I could half the pill and take labs in a month. So, TriCor I would say is doing me good and will continue to take till the doctor says I don't have to take it anymore.

November 27, 2013 11:45 AM

Review by Jefrey:

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: Good experience, helped with my high level of cholesterol and triglycerides. I used the 145 without side effects.

September 9, 2013 7:52 PM

Review by green eyes 100:

For Hypertriglyceridemia: I can't tolerate statins. I have hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides. I have taken Tricor with no side effects.

December 24, 2012 10:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Hypertriglyceridemia: After being diagnosed with high triglycerides, I took Tricor for approximately 10 years. It controlled my triglycerides to just within the normal limit. After my insurance would no longer pay for Tricor, and I switched to the generic fenofibrate, my triglycerides and liver enzymes went back up.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2012 11:20 AM

Review by NewYorkZneil:

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL: I took Tricor for three years with non side effects. However, my LDL cholesterol level remained > 240. Use a statin when appropriate.

November 18, 2011 10:59 PM

Review by jimmytheturkish:

For Hypertriglyceridemia: In 2 weeks my triglycerides dropped 700 points from 990 to 260 and cholesterol dropped 100 points from 310 to 215. My HDL increased 8 points from 30 to 38. No side effects so far. I hope it continues like this.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2010 2:40 AM

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: The side effects were intolerable. It caused esophageal reflux and melena.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2009 11:30 AM

Review by Timeless:

For Hypertriglyceridemia: I experienced chest pains and false ECG reading due to TriCor. My symptoms of angina, joint and muscle aches, and fatigue ended when I ceased the Tricor. After an expensive Cardiac Stress Test, I was given a clean bill of cardiac health.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2009 10:03 AM

Review by vicTORIAR:

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: Diarrhea a side effect.

November 16, 2009 2:24 PM

For Hypertriglyceridemia: Tricor- caused me chest pain, fever, rapid heartbeat, impotence and erectile dysfunction.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2009 12:50 AM

Review by R-Louie:

For Hyperlipoproteinemia: I don't know exactly when I started using Tricor 145 mg tablets, but I suspect it was approximately in 2004. I have obtained this drug monthly from RiteAid drugstore, and the medications is made by Abbott Labs. Anyways, in November 2007 I suffered my first occurence of acute pancreatitis. I undertook many hospital tests, CT Scans, MRI's, X-Rays, Ultrasounds, of my pancreas, but none of those test revealed a cause of the acute pancreatitis. Since that first occurrence of acute pancreatitis, I suffered 2 other cases of pancreatitis, which put me into the hospital again, and 1 other case where I toughed it out a home. Reading the Tricor warnings, it states that in rare cases, it may cause pancreatitis. I stopped Tricor, problem solved.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2009 7:54 AM

Review by Birdflower:

For Hypertriglyceridemia: I continued drinking alcohol after my doctor told me not to. I found out the hard way - became extremely tired and started bad sleep habits. I stopped drinking with this medication and now feel great!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2009 9:32 AM

Review by CarolynJean:

For Hypertriglyceridemia: Developed rash on the palms of my hands. Then perpetual chapped lips. Discontinued as recommended by doctor.

August 31, 2009 7:58 PM