User Reviews for TriCor

6.5
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 2 reviews 29 medications

5.6
Hyperlipoproteinemia 3 reviews 43 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriCor reviews 14 reviews 6.8

Reviews for TriCor

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I have been on this for three months, no serious side effects. I am very super sensitive to statins so I had to get off of them. I haven't had my blood checked yet but will update on how it did. I plan on staying with this if it works because I feel no side effects at this point. Will update soon."

ninabeans December 1, 2013

For Hypertriglyceridemia "My Doctor put me on TriCor 145mg because she said my triglycerides were way to high. I don't know what the numbers were. I just do what my doc says I should do. Went and did lab test. My doctor said Tricor brought my triglycerides and other things way down to where she is happy. I asked her if the dose was too big because TriCor left me feeling tired. She agreed that I could half the pill and take labs in a month. So, TriCor I would say is doing me good and will continue to take till the doctor says I don't have to take it anymore."

GasPasser (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2013

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL "Good experience, helped with my high level of cholesterol and triglycerides. I used the 145 without side effects."

Jefrey September 9, 2013

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I can't tolerate statins. I have hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides. I have taken Tricor with no side effects. "

green eyes 100 December 24, 2012

For Hypertriglyceridemia "After being diagnosed with high triglycerides, I took Tricor for approximately 10 years. It controlled my triglycerides to just within the normal limit. After my insurance would no longer pay for Tricor, and I switched to the generic fenofibrate, my triglycerides and liver enzymes went back up."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 16, 2012

For Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL "I took Tricor for three years with non side effects. However, my LDL cholesterol level remained > 240. Use a statin when appropriate."

NewYorkZneil November 18, 2011

For Hypertriglyceridemia "In 2 weeks my triglycerides dropped 700 points from 990 to 260 and cholesterol dropped 100 points from 310 to 215. My HDL increased 8 points from 30 to 38. No side effects so far. I hope it continues like this."

jimmytheturkish March 6, 2010

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hyperlipoproteinemia "The side effects were intolerable. It caused esophageal reflux and melena."

Anonymous December 8, 2009

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I experienced chest pains and false ECG reading due to TriCor. My symptoms of angina, joint and muscle aches, and fatigue ended when I ceased the Tricor. After an expensive Cardiac Stress Test, I was given a clean bill of cardiac health. "

Timeless December 4, 2009

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hyperlipoproteinemia "Diarrhea a side effect."

vicTORIAR November 16, 2009

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Tricor- caused me chest pain, fever, rapid heartbeat, impotence and erectile dysfunction."

Anonymous October 11, 2009

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hyperlipoproteinemia "I don't know exactly when I started using Tricor 145 mg tablets, but I suspect it was approximately in 2004. I have obtained this drug monthly from RiteAid drugstore, and the medications is made by Abbott Labs. Anyways, in November 2007 I suffered my first occurence of acute pancreatitis. I undertook many hospital tests, CT Scans, MRI's, X-Rays, Ultrasounds, of my pancreas, but none of those test revealed a cause of the acute pancreatitis. Since that first occurrence of acute pancreatitis, I suffered 2 other cases of pancreatitis, which put me into the hospital again, and 1 other case where I toughed it out a home. Reading the Tricor warnings, it states that in rare cases, it may cause pancreatitis. I stopped Tricor, problem solved."

R-Louie September 14, 2009

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypertriglyceridemia "I continued drinking alcohol after my doctor told me not to. I found out the hard way - became extremely tired and started bad sleep habits. I stopped drinking with this medication and now feel great!"

Birdflower September 9, 2009

For Hypertriglyceridemia "Developed rash on the palms of my hands. Then perpetual chapped lips. Discontinued as recommended by doctor."

CarolynJean August 31, 2009