User Reviews for Felodipine

Also known as: Plendil

Learn more about Felodipine.

Raynaud's Syndrome 2 reviews 49 medications

9.5
High Blood Pressure 3 reviews 261 medications

4.4
Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis 0 reviews 130 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Felodipine reviews 5 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Felodipine

Review by Terencius (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Plendil (felodipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: I had been using Norvasc for 15 years with very limited success. Seven months ago my new GP prescribed Plendil 5mg. The effect was immediate and suppressed the Raynauds symptoms HOWEVER I became very hot and flushed in the face. I was given 2.5 mg for two weeks and then went back to 5mg with no further problems.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2012 8:11 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For High Blood Pressure: While this medicine was effective in lowering my blood pressure it had numerous negative side effects. It made me very sleepy, sensitive to heat, caused my ankles and legs to swell up so I needed a diuretic, it caused acid reflux with or without food, flushing, and made my depression much worse. I have since weaned off.

May 21, 2012 4:57 PM

For Raynaud's Syndrome: My Raynaud's Syndrome is about 90% better. A cold steering wheel in the winter or early spring is almost the only time I have white fingers anymore. I can shop in the dairy and meat departments now, and don't get cold at work anymore. Taking felodipine has been a blessing for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2009 7:49 AM

Review by smit:

Plendil (felodipine) for High Blood Pressure: Plendil was effective in controlling my blood pressure. The only reason I am not taking it is because I can not purchase this medicine anymore due to the company discontinuing the product. I have had problems finding a substitute for this medicine. If anything is available on the market, I need help.

July 17, 2009 10:25 PM

Review by AERBORNE:

For High Blood Pressure: After taking this medicine for 8 days my blood pressure lowered by 10 units. From 160/100 it became 150/100.

April 30, 2009 10:45 PM