User Reviews for Famotidine

Also known as: Acid Controller Original Strength, Berkley and Jensen Acid Controller Maximum Strength, Fluxid, Heartburn Relief, Leader Acid Reducer, Mylanta AR, Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength, Pepcid AC Maximum Strength Tablets, Pepcid Oral Suspension, Pepcid RPD

Learn more about Famotidine.

Stomach Ulcer 0 reviews 110 medications

Indigestion 0 reviews 228 medications

5.5
Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Erosive Esophagitis 0 reviews 111 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Upper GI Hemorrhage 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Urticaria 0 reviews 185 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Famotidine reviews 9 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Famotidine

Review by oklahoma_sweetpea71 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Pepcid (famotidine) for GERD: I took Pepcid and Pepcid AC for years but like all Gas pills One pill could make me my stools solid "constipation" like for a couple of days.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2013 11:38 AM

Review by SKET (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For GERD: So far, famotidine is working great for my chronic GERD, acid reflux. I also made life changing eating habits and added even more exercise to my routine but I still have this condition. Also, need to eat more frequently every 2-3 hours, small snacks and meals really helps. I usually take one of these when I feel it coming on, usually in between meals and it quickly calms it. I only take one a day and then if I feel it at night after dinner or right before bed I take 150mg Zantac (ranitidine). I try to limit to only ONE 20mg famotidine and ONE 150mg Zantac a day. Seems to work quite well. Too much of any PPI or H2 blockers and you can reverse the process of what you're trying to achieve. I only take a couple Tums when in desperate need.

March 19, 2013 12:19 PM

For GERD: Works better than others for me. Also, no interaction with Tylenol.

November 30, 2011 5:49 PM

Review by sha7411:

For GERD: I used to take famotidine 20mg 2 x daily and it did the job. Now I need it every 5 to 6 hrs for relief. So I decided to use Pepto-bismal yesterday morning at 8 and it worked very well and lasted until about 9pm. Then I took a Pepcid that night, but it doesn't work for me like it use to.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2011 9:13 PM

Review by brianm:

Pepcid (famotidine) for Duodenal Ulcer: In my particular case, famotidine does not seem to relieve my symptoms on a consistent basis.

July 13, 2010 9:57 AM

Pepcid (famotidine) for : Don't take too much and don't smoke cigarettes while using, both will make you sick.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2010 11:09 AM

Review by Micah77:

For Allergic Urticaria: I just started taking it but I'm already seeing results. When I read that a lesser side effect was muscle cramps it bothered me a little. But, otherwise I'm seeing almost instant results.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2009 11:57 AM

Review by sillykid0832:

For : Good

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2009 6:42 PM

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine) for : It worked rather quickly for me. Within a 1/2 hour I was feeling significantly better. I did however experience brief chest pain and tightness and a bit dizzy about 20 minutes after taking it. I've only taken one dose so far and hope that I'll be able to continue taking this as treatment for abdominal pain suspect of a peptic ulcer.

April 12, 2009 12:18 PM

For GERD: I was a huge Tums eater with little success. At night while lying down I'd have the acid come up all the way to my nose - quite a burning, nasty sensation. It would appear that this little 20 mg pill makes ALL the difference. I take it about an hour before my evening meal. So far it has performed incredibly well - I've not had any GERD (acid reflux) even after a 4 taco with heavy onion and salsa dinner plus 3 beers.

January 4, 2009 11:16 AM

Pepcid AC Chewable Tablets (famotidine) for GERD: After using Protonix for years I am finding that one chewable Pepcid in the morning and another at night is working great!

July 12, 2008 11:10 AM

Pepcid (famotidine) for Peptic Ulcer: Very good in milder cases.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate