User Reviews for Famotidine / ibuprofen

Also known as: Duexis

Learn more about Famotidine/ibuprofen.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 334 medications

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 340 medications

4.5
NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis 1 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Famotidine/ibuprofen reviews 4 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Famotidine/ibuprofen

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for : "I was prescribed Duexis for bursitis and IT Band syndrome. After taking five tablets over two days, according to the directions and always with food, the effects were unbearable. I first noticed rapid weight gain then severe stomach pain, and ultimately diarrhea which was black and sticky. Wicked stuff. Stopped immediately, will resume with low doses of ibuprofen and naproxen. The only good thing I can say about it is that it did control my pain and provided a deep, restful sleep."

Fitness Buff (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Took for a week, within 3 days I had major bloating and gas. Each day got worse and stomach pain unbearable. I'm On my way to urgent care now."

TMJones May 1, 2015

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "After taking one pill twice per day for three weeks I suddenly experienced in the middle of the night an excessive amount of blood being discharges with diarrhea. This continued every two to three hours until mid-morning when I was admitted to a hospital. I was dx with diverticulosis and admitted over night. Was treated with antibiotics. The bleeding stopped by midafternoon. The following day I was discharged and then went to see my family Dr. He did not believe that I had diverticulosis as I had NO pain associated with the episodes. After reviewing my meds he told me I should contact the prescribing Dr(knee specialist) regarding the episode and continuing the meds for pain. I was told by the surgeons nurses to stop the meds."

Yankguy70 March 30, 2015

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis: "I was prescribed this after a car accident. Worked so well and I no longer had to take Pepcid AC 2 x a day!"

Decatladt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 25, 2014

Duexis (famotidine / ibuprofen) for Osteoarthritis: "Easy to take, no side effects, but did not relieve pain and discomfort as well as expected. Did not seem to be any more effective than Advil Liqui-Gels, which have been taken for the pain condition for several months."

ChrisN22 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2014