User Reviews for Zetia

Learn more about Zetia.

Zetia Review Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 253 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol.

Reviews for Zetia to treat High Cholesterol

"The second day of taking Zetia I had night leg cramps (Charlie's Horse). The third night, same thing, leg cramps at night. The fourth night foot and leg cramps at night. Stopped taking them after fourth night."

hope44 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2015

"Cholesterol numbers are in the normal range for the first time EVER. I take it with Livalo (the cost for both medications is horrible and are Tier 4 meds on insurance formulary list). Only side effect is perspiration comes in waves (not all the time) and has the odor of garbage. Bathing is the only solution for this problem. Deodorants only work for a short period after a "sweat" episode."

I AM PU October 30, 2014

"Combining the Zetia with low dose Atorvastatin has produced good results with my cholesterol numbers. My Cardiologist added it to my regimen about 4 years ago and it has not added any side effects other than in the wallet. "

BANGIE (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2014

"I have been taking this for 10 years and although my cholesterol numbers are good, I'm constantly fatigued. I take a handful of other medications as the result of a heart attack that left no permanent damage to my heart. Sometimes I wonder if the side effects of a lot of these medications is worth the benefit. Plus, Zetia is expensive."

Jack Bauer (taken for 10 years or more) August 11, 2014

"Dizziness, tiredness, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, generally feel bad."

Nunu1950 March 5, 2014

"I have been using Zetia for two years. I am also having extreme muscle pain with profuse sweating when I get too hot."

fgr500 June 25, 2013

"I have had really good results with this medicine and no adverse side effects. I had not had to take it for about 5 years, but was recently asked by my M.D. to go back on it. I am going to have to decline due to the huge difference in the cost of it now! For a 90 day supply, it is now $285.00 even with my prescription insurance. I am on a fixed income & absolutely cannot afford this! "

Grammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

"After statring Zetia, I began to have weird dreams which lasted throughout the night. I began taking it in the morning with my breakfast, and had stomach discomfort."

Carl A. April 20, 2013

"Stopped taking Zetia at night as I had horrific nightmares. Will try it in the morning, see if I have any side effects. Can't take statins because off muscle pain."

Heidi111 March 21, 2013

"I took Zocor for 10 years before developing muscle pain. Since then its been trail and error with several different stains. In each case I developed muscle pain in essentially the area of my body, right buttocks and hip. Most recently I was put on Zetia without any statin. After two months the pain returned to the same area only much more severe than previous and more persistent."

JerryCs1 March 17, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I take 20mg of Crestor in addition to Zetia and have for 5 years or more with no side effects. I asked my doctor to take me off Zetia for 6 months to see what my numbers would look like without it. For me, it knocks about 40 points off the total score, so I'm back on Zetia again."

KPdePK September 20, 2011

"Tried several statins but both resulted in terrible muscle pain despite working to reduce both LDL and HDL levels. After switching to Zetia, no more muscle pains while lowering my LDL and maintaining my HDL levels."

Anonymous January 2, 2011

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"So far no muscle pain with this medication. Very expensive over $100 for 1 month supply, and no generic."

Anonymous July 14, 2010

"Put my heart into A-fibrillation. It was discontinued and no sign of A-fibrillation in heart when checked. "

sg372 May 24, 2010

"I have used this at 1/2 the prescribed dosage for over a year. My cholesterol levels have improved dramatically even at the lower dosage. I do not believe my cholesterol is a problem but have succumbed to my doctor. I would not take statins although my insurance company says I should. I am pleased with the results."

HankSYL October 29, 2009

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have not had any bad experiences with this medicine since I started taking it. I am very pleased it is working so well for me."

Anonymous September 2, 2009

"I took it for about 2 years and it did lower my cholesterol somewhat. The entire time that I took it, I sweated profusely with any exercise and I would become light headed. I quit taking Zetia nearly a year ago and have had no horrible sweating episodes since."

Sumterjim August 12, 2009

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My medical professionals advise that my bad cholesterol numbers are good or better than they have expected."

tomvseven February 8, 2009

"Cut my LDL in half when added in combination with Lipitor."

deckert March 31, 2008