User Reviews for Zetia

Learn more about Zetia.

Zetia review summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 258 medications used in the treatment of High Cholesterol.

Reviews for Zetia to treat High Cholesterol

Review by Nunu1950:

Dizziness, tiredness, runny nose, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, generally feel bad.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2014 8:23 AM

Review by fgr500:

I have been using Zetia for two years. I am also having extreme muscle pain with profuse sweating when I get too hot.

June 25, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by Grammy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have had really good results with this medicine and no adverse side effects. I had not had to take it for about 5 years, but was recently asked by my M.D. to go back on it. I am going to have to decline due to the huge difference in the cost of it now! For a 90 day supply, it is now $285.00 even with my prescription insurance. I am on a fixed income & absolutely cannot afford this!

May 2, 2013 7:13 PM

Review by Carl A.:

After statring Zetia, I began to have weird dreams which lasted throughout the night. I began taking it in the morning with my breakfast, and had stomach discomfort.

April 20, 2013 8:32 AM

Review by Heidi111:

Stopped taking Zetia at night as I had horrific nightmares. Will try it in the morning, see if I have any side effects. Can't take statins because off muscle pain.

March 21, 2013 10:58 PM

Review by JerryCs1:

I took Zocor for 10 years before developing muscle pain. Since then its been trail and error with several different stains. In each case I developed muscle pain in essentially the area of my body, right buttocks and hip. Most recently I was put on Zetia without any statin. After two months the pain returned to the same area only much more severe than previous and more persistent.

March 17, 2013 7:34 PM

Review by KPdePK:

I take 20mg of Crestor in addition to Zetia and have for 5 years or more with no side effects. I asked my doctor to take me off Zetia for 6 months to see what my numbers would look like without it. For me, it knocks about 40 points off the total score, so I'm back on Zetia again.

September 20, 2011 6:07 PM

Tried several statins but both resulted in terrible muscle pain despite working to reduce both LDL and HDL levels. After switching to Zetia, no more muscle pains while lowering my LDL and maintaining my HDL levels.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2011 8:07 PM

So far no muscle pain with this medication. Very expensive over $100 for 1 month supply, and no generic.

July 14, 2010 1:33 PM

Review by sg372:

Put my heart into A-fibrillation. It was discontinued and no sign of A-fibrillation in heart when checked.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 24, 2010 3:54 PM

Review by HankSYL:

I have used this at 1/2 the prescribed dosage for over a year. My cholesterol levels have improved dramatically even at the lower dosage. I do not believe my cholesterol is a problem but have succumbed to my doctor. I would not take statins although my insurance company says I should. I am pleased with the results.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2009 5:58 PM

I have not had any bad experiences with this medicine since I started taking it. I am very pleased it is working so well for me.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2009 1:40 PM

Review by Sumterjim:

I took it for about 2 years and it did lower my cholesterol somewhat. The entire time that I took it, I sweated profusely with any exercise and I would become light headed. I quit taking Zetia nearly a year ago and have had no horrible sweating episodes since.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2009 2:30 AM

Review by tomvseven:

My medical professionals advise that my bad cholesterol numbers are good or better than they have expected.

February 8, 2009 12:34 PM

Review by deckert:

Cut my LDL in half when added in combination with Lipitor.

March 31, 2008 3:50 PM