User Reviews for Vytorin

Learn more about Vytorin.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 1 reviews 14 medications

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous 0 reviews 8 medications

High Cholesterol 14 reviews 42 medications

7.4
Summary of Vytorin reviews 15 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Vytorin

For High Cholesterol "My cholesterol had been over 300 for years. We (myself & Dr.) tried diet from a nutritionist along with my regular exercise, cholesterol, no change. We then went to medication. After three different meds, which two did lower the count, but not enough to really matter. So, a year or so later my doctor ask if I was willing to try Vytorin, and I said, Why not. After being on Vytorin for approximately 2 1/2 months I was scheduled for my routine blood work-up and when the results came back I was shocked when the doctor read the results. My LDL was below 100 and the HDL was up to 75. I have been on Vytorin for about 6 years and I never worry about my cholesterol. I try to eat healthy, but I no longer worry about or read food labels."

Gary 692 July 6, 2014

For High Cholesterol "This medicine reduced my cholesterol but gave me abdominal pain as well as muscle cramps and weight gain. "

jellydounut December 29, 2011

For High Cholesterol "Everyone in my family has exceptionally high cholesterol, in the 370 range. We produce it. Don't let anyone tell you that you have a bad diet if your cholesterol is high. It is produced by the body and in some people, apparently including me, reduced cholesterol intake results in increased cholesterol production. For several years I was on Lipitor; it never lowered my cholesterol reading below 280. I've used Vytorin 10-40 for probably eight years with no ill side effects. Vytorin took it down to 170 or less. The government contends Vytorin is no more effective than anything else in lowering cholesterol. They've never tested me, of course. Now, because of the government's position, I find Vytorin dropped from my Medicare plan. I'm switching."

cwpnewpaltz October 11, 2011

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous "Prior to Vytorin, I was running 40 miles a week, ate about 2 eggs per year, almost no red meat and very careful about my diet. My cholesterol was 460 to 480 and that was with 80mg of Zocor. After Vytorin, my cholesterol went down to the 170 range, my Good / bad cholesterol ratio went from about 4 or 5 to 1 (really) to the 1 to 1 range. I have actually had testes where my good was matched with my bad. Yea! Good stuff"

Anonymous September 11, 2011

For High Cholesterol "Great. Only downside is the price."

lee don March 30, 2011

For High Cholesterol "Caused muscle aches."

rbfl67 January 1, 2011

For High Cholesterol "Vytorin is working wonders for me. Finding the right cholesterol lowering medicine was the key. Lipitor gave me the leg cramps, Zocor was good, but did not lower my numbers well enough. Same for Pravachol. On Vytorin, my liver numbers are good. I have not experienced any negative side effects and my numbers are excellent."

Anonymous December 27, 2010

For High Cholesterol "I started on Vytorin high dose and it worked well, then it was cut in half and continued to work. After about two years I had some bad blood work and due to the Vytorin my CK enzymes were just under 2000. I am off if it altogether. "

docgraham December 28, 2009

For High Cholesterol "Vytorin did a great job at lowering my total cholesterol level but the side effects are so bad. Leg cramping and muscle pain. I took myself off of it and I will never go back on it. All my aches and pains went away totally within 2 weeks! So I will ask my doctor to try something different. "

juliewest December 7, 2009

For High Cholesterol "Very effective."

msam November 8, 2009

For High Cholesterol "Since changing from Lipitor to Vytorin my chloesterol went from 250 to 170. Mt doctor increased the dose to 10/80 and now it is in the 130's. I am very happy with the drug and no harmful side effects. "

Keleee October 4, 2009

For High Cholesterol "My last labs were awesome. My doctor was quite pleased. Both my LDL and triglycerides were way down and in the low normal range. No small feat since I have had Type 1 diabetes for 31 years."

Anonymous December 6, 2008

For High Cholesterol "My cholesterol was 520 initially and lowerd to 250 in 8 months."

Anonymous November 27, 2008

For High Cholesterol "Lowered cholesterol from high 250s to 130 in 8 months with no noticable side effects. My doctor is lowering the dosage level- want to see if I can keep the numbers down on a lower dose."

FCGMASTER October 31, 2008

For High Cholesterol "Lowered cholesterol from 290's to 170. Side effects: More tired than when I don't take it. Can't eat grapefruit or products that contain it. Anything consumed with yeast solids (unfiltered beer[Blue Moon], yeast based vitamins[Foodform Manna], yeasty breads, etc.) causes constipation."

Anonymous May 20, 2008