User Reviews for Exemestane

Also known as: Aromasin

Learn more about Exemestane.

Breast Cancer 15 reviews 54 medications

6.2
Summary of Exemestane reviews 15 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Exemestane

Review by Fredrina:

For Breast Cancer: I have been on exemestane for 7 months and stopped because of the severe joint pain, especially when 1st getting up from a sitting position or getting out of bed. Been off for about a month and I'm still experiencing symptoms.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2013 11:24 AM

Review by vacationgirl:

For Breast Cancer: I have been on exemestane for fifteen months and I don't have any side effects. I attribute my waking in the night to having to go to the bathroom if I drink tea. I attribute my joint pain in my hip to the fact that I had it before I started and I am getting older. I sometimes get a hot flash but it lasts for about 30 seconds. I do sometimes get tired but then again I am getting older and some days I am more tired than others. If this medication can keep me healthy then I would say that I have no side effects. I do take a calcium supplement and try to exercise most days. I am an otherwise healthy 66 year old woman who is thankful for this medication and the fact that my breast cancer was caught early.

October 2, 2013 9:42 AM

Review by roll tide (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: Quit anastrozole after 4 months, was making me so tired, could hardly get out of bed, falling asleep at the wheel. Have been on Aromasin for 4 months and my hair is falling out quite a lot.

July 30, 2013 12:21 PM

Review by Carrieghs (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Breast Cancer: My entire body itches. I stopped taking it for 2 days and no itching. Started again and the itching started again.

March 16, 2013 1:29 AM

Review by finished drug (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: I just came off Aromasin, on tamoxifen for 2 years, then Aromasin for 5 years. I am having cold chills and then hot flashes, now. While on it I had all the side effects, sore bones, hot flashes, gained weight, etc.

January 18, 2013 10:01 AM

Review by farmgirl17:

For Breast Cancer: I was on Arimidex for two months and I thought I was having a heart attack. Turns out it it was the medication. I have been on exemestane for three months and my chest feels real tight most of the time. I have no energy and headaches. I am trying to decide if to go off it and go on Tamoxifen. I have talked to several people on tamoxifen with no side effects to speak of except hot flashes. I also have pain in my fingers and feet. I also feel like I am having some hearing loss which I never had before.

January 26, 2012 9:59 PM

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: I took two years of Tamoxifen, without much side effects that I cannot manage. I took Femara for one year and could not even turn my head and had joint pains to the point I could not turn my head when I was driving. Now I just got off exemestane after 6 months as I cannot sleep even with sleeping pills. I am five years out from chemo and doctor still wants me to take the pills for another year and four months.

October 29, 2011 6:28 PM

Review by Debbie z:

For Breast Cancer: On this medication for the past 4 months. Still unable to sleep at night, hot flashes, but a lot nicer than the other medication I was on. The only side effect that I can deal with is the muscle pain that it causes in my legs. I also notice my skin being oily and breakouts on my face.

October 10, 2011 8:08 PM

For Breast Cancer: I took Arimidex which was terrible. I really dreaded starting another medication and possible side effects. However, to my surprise this is far better than I could have imagined. I almost quit taking any medication because of side effects. I am very glad I tried this one. It works for me. I have learned to keep asking and trying different medicines until you find the one for you.

August 20, 2011 9:10 AM

Review by Makalika:

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: I have been taking Aromasin for 3 months now and still wake up every night in pain on my hand, tingling and burning along with joint pain.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2011 12:14 AM

Review by thomp1:

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: I have just been on Aromasin just 9 days and so far have no side effects. I tried Femara and after 14 days went off it because of joint pain and fatigue. On Femara it was so bad that I couldn't climb my staircase without crying. So far Aromasin is a miracle drug for me if it stops estrogen in its tracks!

November 16, 2009 4:48 PM

Review by daisy136:

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: I have been on Aromasin for 2 years now. Prior I took tamoxifen. Sure, there are side effects, (pain in my leg, painful joints, and hot flashes) but I had stage 3 ca and am still alive 4.5 years.

October 29, 2009 10:58 AM

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: After surgery I was pronounced cancer free but still put in Aromasin. I found the side effects difficult especially insomnia. My schedule is busy and this plus muscle/joint pain is hard. I went off for several months during a vacation and felt far better. I returned to taking it and almost immediately the side effects returned. I have very mixed feelings about continuing. My health insurance covers it so thankfully expense is not an issue. I will probably continue as statistically the drug has proved valuable.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2009 6:48 PM

Review by zpix:

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: Aromasin is a walk in the park after using the other aromatase inhibitors.

February 2, 2009 11:34 AM

Review by wa7yvw:

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: This medicine I have been taking for 7 months, it is easy to take being such a small pill however the side effects are still there, leg cramps and hot flashes, better than the tamoxifen I was taking for 2 and half years. Overall I think it is a lot better.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2008 8:49 PM