User Reviews for Exemestane

Also known as: Aromasin

Learn more about Exemestane.

Breast Cancer 20 reviews 53 medications

Summary of Exemestane reviews 20 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Exemestane

For Breast Cancer: "Kidney problems? Carpel Tunnel Numbness? Insomnia? (Hot flashes are a given, I take gabapentin and venafaxalene which helps.) I just started Exemastine after taking Tamoxifen for three years. I started the new drug about a month and a half ago. I had similar side effects when I started Tamaxifen but never had Kidney Pain. I am in a lot of pain which is covering about a 6 inch radius on my side. I am not 100% sure if it is pulled muscles since it came on overnight, but I don't recall any injury. Has anyone had this issue?"

Sherrydampier July 5, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "I have been on Aromasin (Exemestane) 25 mg for three years. I tried the other two Inhibitors but had severe bone pain so this one is the best of the bunch. I do have some joint pain, low stamina, no libido, waking throughout the night, swollen fingers, toes and abdomen, severe hot flashes that feel like I'm being burned at the stake and the worse one is the weight gain. I've gained 50 pounds in the last two years and still have two years to go. My doctor put me on Clonidin every 6 hours because my skin was allergic to the 24 hour patch. It helps ease the hot flashes for about 4 hours. He doesn't have any advice for my inability to lose weight and the fact that I keep gaining even though I exercise and eat the same as before. Ugghhh!"

Mic9497 April 16, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "Severe hot flashes, unable to sleep, joints hurt and tired all the time. Have had breast cancer twice so I hope this works."

Deb247 March 14, 2015

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "Had a lumpectomy for Stage I Advanced Breast Cancer followed by radiotherapy. Then was put on each of the aromatase inhibitors, letrozole and the other one. Basically I was unable to continue either after 10 days due to increasingly debilitating dizziness, nausea, crying, etc. Then put on tamoxifen, and I developed lymphodoema. So tamoxifen was discontinued but still have moderate lymphodoema. Then put on aromasin. Initially able to tolerate it but increasing light-headedness (four minor car accidents) and debilitating joint pain (everywhere), poor sleep somewhat countered with Lyrica. I had already been diagnosed with widespread arthritis in the joints and the pain with aromasin has been intolerable so discontinued, against medical advice."

JeannetteMarie February 12, 2015

For Breast Cancer: "This is my 3rd medicine for reducing estrogen. I have been on it for 6 months, after going through surgery and radiation for Stage 1 breast cancer. It is much easier than the other medications. BUT I'm still not sure if I will continue. Since I have started on this medicine I have had the following: blood clot in lung, headaches, nausea, loss of appetite, pain in my right side, insomnia, jaw pain, ringing in ears & some imbalances, these are new just since starting this medicine. (Pain in joints is something that is better on this medicine than others.) As I have already tried the other medications available to me this is my only option except taking nothing. "

Doxieblue22 December 29, 2014

For Breast Cancer: "I have been on exemestane for 7 months and stopped because of the severe joint pain, especially when 1st getting up from a sitting position or getting out of bed. Been off for about a month and I'm still experiencing symptoms. "

Fredrina October 4, 2013

For Breast Cancer: "I have been on exemestane for fifteen months and I don't have any side effects. I attribute my waking in the night to having to go to the bathroom if I drink tea. I attribute my joint pain in my hip to the fact that I had it before I started and I am getting older. I sometimes get a hot flash but it lasts for about 30 seconds. I do sometimes get tired but then again I am getting older and some days I am more tired than others. If this medication can keep me healthy then I would say that I have no side effects. I do take a calcium supplement and try to exercise most days. I am an otherwise healthy 66 year old woman who is thankful for this medication and the fact that my breast cancer was caught early."

vacationgirl October 2, 2013

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "Quit anastrozole after 4 months, was making me so tired, could hardly get out of bed, falling asleep at the wheel. Have been on Aromasin for 4 months and my hair is falling out quite a lot. "

roll tide (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2013

For Breast Cancer: "My entire body itches. I stopped taking it for 2 days and no itching. Started again and the itching started again."

Carrieghs (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2013

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "I just came off Aromasin, on tamoxifen for 2 years, then Aromasin for 5 years. I am having cold chills and then hot flashes, now. While on it I had all the side effects, sore bones, hot flashes, gained weight, etc. "

finished drug (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2013

For Breast Cancer: "I was on Arimidex for two months and I thought I was having a heart attack. Turns out it it was the medication. I have been on exemestane for three months and my chest feels real tight most of the time. I have no energy and headaches. I am trying to decide if to go off it and go on Tamoxifen. I have talked to several people on tamoxifen with no side effects to speak of except hot flashes. I also have pain in my fingers and feet. I also feel like I am having some hearing loss which I never had before."

farmgirl17 January 26, 2012

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "I took two years of Tamoxifen, without much side effects that I cannot manage. I took Femara for one year and could not even turn my head and had joint pains to the point I could not turn my head when I was driving. Now I just got off exemestane after 6 months as I cannot sleep even with sleeping pills. I am five years out from chemo and doctor still wants me to take the pills for another year and four months. "

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Breast Cancer: "On this medication for the past 4 months. Still unable to sleep at night, hot flashes, but a lot nicer than the other medication I was on. The only side effect that I can deal with is the muscle pain that it causes in my legs. I also notice my skin being oily and breakouts on my face."

Debbie z October 10, 2011

For Breast Cancer: "I took Arimidex which was terrible. I really dreaded starting another medication and possible side effects. However, to my surprise this is far better than I could have imagined. I almost quit taking any medication because of side effects. I am very glad I tried this one. It works for me. I have learned to keep asking and trying different medicines until you find the one for you."

Anonymous August 20, 2011

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "I have been taking Aromasin for 3 months now and still wake up every night in pain on my hand, tingling and burning along with joint pain. "

Makalika January 12, 2011

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "I have just been on Aromasin just 9 days and so far have no side effects. I tried Femara and after 14 days went off it because of joint pain and fatigue. On Femara it was so bad that I couldn't climb my staircase without crying. So far Aromasin is a miracle drug for me if it stops estrogen in its tracks!"

thomp1 November 16, 2009

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "I have been on Aromasin for 2 years now. Prior I took tamoxifen. Sure, there are side effects, (pain in my leg, painful joints, and hot flashes) but I had stage 3 ca and am still alive 4.5 years."

daisy136 October 29, 2009

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "After surgery I was pronounced cancer free but still put in Aromasin. I found the side effects difficult especially insomnia. My schedule is busy and this plus muscle/joint pain is hard. I went off for several months during a vacation and felt far better. I returned to taking it and almost immediately the side effects returned. I have very mixed feelings about continuing. My health insurance covers it so thankfully expense is not an issue. I will probably continue as statistically the drug has proved valuable."

Anonymous July 7, 2009

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "Aromasin is a walk in the park after using the other aromatase inhibitors."

zpix February 2, 2009

Aromasin (exemestane) for Breast Cancer: "This medicine I have been taking for 7 months, it is easy to take being such a small pill however the side effects are still there, leg cramps and hot flashes, better than the tamoxifen I was taking for 2 and half years. Overall I think it is a lot better."

wa7yvw May 19, 2008

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate