User Reviews for Low-Ogestrel-28

Learn more about Low-Ogestrel-28.

Endometriosis 1 reviews 175 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 177 medications

Birth Control 13 reviews 225 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Low-Ogestrel-28 reviews 15 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Low-Ogestrel-28

Review by Outdoor Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Endometriosis: I experienced increasing endometriosis pain for 4 years which culminated in two months of extreme continuous pain. I was reluctant to try anything that changed my hormones due to negative experiences with birth control in the past. I was given Low-Ogestrel when I went into the ER for the endometrial pain. I took it that night and woke up pain free the next day! This one tiny pill gave me my life back. I was astounded. I had slight nausea for the first few days but that subsided and I have experienced no other side effects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 8:55 PM

Review by Ash1245 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is my second month taking Low Ogestrel. Definitely has helped with hormonal acne breakouts.. Still get a pimple every once in a while when I'm stressed and it's around my period. The only thing I'm concerned about is having a brown discharge instead of my period during the placebo week.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2014 7:19 PM

Review by PG14:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 5 years after being switched through so many in about a 6 month time frame! Happy to have found this on, my doctors have tried to switch me since the name brand I believe was taken off the market at one point. It's not worth breakthrough bleeding and yeast infections I've experience with other pills. I am about 10-15lbs heavier but I'm in college and my diet sucks. Periods are clockwork, starts in 4th day of sugar pill off by start of new pack....when I'm stressed or not sexually active I have no periods at all. Moodiness has been the worst of it all, mostly around mid-cycle to end. Other than that I refuse to switch!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2014 6:42 PM

Review by Ashley2326:

For Birth Control: I am one of the unlucky few who had a severe side effect from this birth control. My legs, knees, hips, and ankles all feel like they're being crushed. My muscles in my legs feel like they're being torn from the skin. The pain is tremendous. I was advised to stop the pill and wait 2 weeks to see if the pain subsides any. Hopefully this doesn't leave any lasting damage. I was only on this pill for 8 days and all of this happened!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2013 12:23 AM

Review by SummerSnowflake:

For Birth Control: After being on Tri-Nessa for at least a decade with no problems, I was switched from Tri-Nessa to Low Ogestrel because I was experiencing very heavy bleeding during my periods. The Low Ogestrel did fix the heavy bleeding but at a cost. I've been on L.O. for 6 months and have been experiencing depression, mood swings, acne on my chin and pimples on my scalp.At first I attributed these things to the beginning of menopause, but after really thinking about it, it just seemed too coincidental that these things began when I began taking a different pill. This morning I googled "side effects of Low Ogestrel" and am finding pages of stories just like mine. I already have a call into my dr. and will switch pills.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2013 10:02 AM

Review by Dolphinessa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was switched to this medication after being on a birth control that worked wonders for me. My doctor was sure it would help me with some of my skin issues such as eczema. However, it made everything a million times worse! Not only did my skin break out in rashes on my wrist and face, I had pimples all over my body, had horrible morning sickness to the point where I could barely eat anything all day, and it made me extremely moody. I was told that the pill caused my hormones to go out of whack and send me into a state like a pregnant teenager. It was horrible. If they work for you, that's great but they're not for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2013 2:10 PM

Review by TRandhawa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: These are my first birth control pills. I had heard about the weight gain and such but it never happened to me. I am really happy with the pill. During my pre-pill life, I had cramping and lots of gas and mood fluctuations during periods but during this pill I have very predictable periods and almost no mood imbalances or unusual pain. Since I work out regularly, I experienced no weight gain at all.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2013 4:56 PM

Review by nashgirl85 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I switched from Loestrin 24 to this pill because I was having spotting for 3 weeks out of every month. As soon as I started this pill, the spotting stopped and now I only have my period from the middle to the end of the last week of pills (4 days). Overall, I have few side effects besides some bloating at the end of the month and a pretty bad headache the first day of my period. I did gain 5 lbs. within a few months of starting this (on top of 5 lbs. from Loestrin), but a few months ago I started a modest diet/exercise plan and have lost 6 lbs. fairly easily. Well worth it for pregnancy prevention and regular periods!

December 19, 2012 1:55 PM

Review by carii9523:

For Birth Control: I have been on Low-Ogestrel-28 for a year now, and I am very happy with them. Before getting on birth control I would have heavy periods and my cramping was horrible. It was irregular too. Now I get my period exactly every 28 days. I don't cramp at all and I do not have any side effects at all. Me and my boyfriend feel safe with this birth control and I haven't had no bad experience it with. I will continue to use this until I decide to have kids.

January 29, 2012 8:59 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Apri for a while and had no problems with it but early this year I had a problem with my periods and was possibly diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) but my OBGYN disagreed, however she switched my birth control to the Low-Ogesterel 28. My period is super light and very short. I'm a model/body builder and have had no acne/weight gain which is very important for me. And still maintain a high libido. LOVE it. Almost afraid to switch. Would only switch to get less periods a year. However my period was replaced with a brown discharge which was concerning but got it confirmed as normal.

December 13, 2011 9:52 AM

Review by I HATE MY MOON:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I get severe acne now, I sweat more often then not now, and I now have cramping - which I have never had before. Plus I start my period early and end late.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2011 10:08 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for a year now and I noticed my skin is getting progressively worse. I never had bad skin before and now even on Proactive it's bad! I also have very dry eyes from the pill. My Doctor even put punctual plugs in my tear ducts and my eyes are still dry. I also noticed that it makes me sweat a lot more than I normally do.

October 8, 2010 1:13 AM

For Birth Control: Told my doctor I wanted to try another pill after my old pill was giving me migraines during my placebo week. She said I could take this and skip the placebo week (and my period). I did have some break through bleeding 2-3 times, nothing as heavy a real period, no cramps. Didn't have any negative side effects. However noticed my breasts grew nearly a cup size. Can't complain.

May 19, 2010 12:18 AM

Review by ItsaMeMario:

For Birth Control: Been on this pill for about 6 months. Went on it for two reasons: 1) Irregular/missed periods 2) Contraception Purposes It has been very effective in regulating my periods. I get them on the third placebo pill, every month, like clockwork. They use to be horribly painful, and I now only get occasional moderate or light cramping, with much lighter and shorter periods (3-4 days). So far so good as a contraceptive. I am in a monogamous relationship, and therefore this is my only means of protection. The only issue I've had is that it caused some nausea, particularly when I haven't been RIGHT on time with it (few hours late or something). Overall, a very good pill.

July 26, 2009 8:26 PM

For Birth Control: Been on this pill going on two and a half years now, no problems so far. I have rarely had bad cramps and I have had no issues with spotting to date. Overall, a gentle but highly effective pill.

May 4, 2009 12:39 AM