User Reviews for Lo/Ovral

Learn more about Lo/Ovral.

Endometriosis 0 reviews 175 medications

Birth Control 6 reviews 224 medications

6.7
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 0 reviews 177 medications Not rated - Be the first
Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 24 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lo/Ovral reviews 6 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Lo/Ovral

For Birth Control: I have been on Lo/Ovral for about 10 years now and have loved it but it has started giving me strange mood swings. I am 30 and feel that my hormones are changing and I need to speak to a doctor about changing my birth control. I have started noticing no sex drive, massive mood swings, lack of sleep and here recently weight gain. But like I said I have loved it up until now.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2011 4:04 PM

I have been on this for two months. I had no spotting and the only side effect that i had was a slightly more painful period. I would recommend this for you it has worked great for me.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2011 10:46 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 10 years now and it's been great up until about a year ago. I'm 33 year old now and have experianced depression and angry mood swings a week prior to my period. 1 week after my period I experiance increased libido, 2 weeks after I break out, then the cycle repeats all over again. I have never had acne, not even as a teen. I believe that my hormones are just changing due to aging and I will speak to my doctor about slightly increasing my estrogen level through a different pill.

January 4, 2010 8:00 PM

For Birth Control: Unfortunately, this Birth Control pill gave me the worst headaches! I think I had at least 2 per week. Some were migraines. I was also more emotional but the headaches were the reason I stopped using this. No weight gain or acne.

September 4, 2009 7:32 PM

For Birth Control: I felt very nauseous the whole time, and suffered from a hyper sensitivity to smells which only compounded the problem. It happened from the very first day that I took the birth control and lasted a few days after I quit.

May 29, 2009 5:10 PM

Review by gubk:

For Birth Control: I found this pill to be amazing. It does the job. I recommend it to everyone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2009 1:28 PM

Review by BBNJ:

For Birth Control: I have tried a few types of birth control pills before this, but Lo/Ovral has been very effective as far as period control is concerned. I usually skip the week of placebos and jump straight into the next pack to avoid having periods altogether, and this is the only birth control pill that doesn't cause breakthrough bleeding as a result. It has been an effective contraceptive.

June 17, 2008 3:04 PM