User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

"I'm so relieved I read all of these reviews. For the past few months after my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem, I have been so depressed and anxious, crying at random times whether I'm at work or home. I nearly destroyed my relationship and I've had absolutely no desire to do anything I used to love. I'm getting off this immediately."

Ajohnson813 May 24, 2016

"Works wonderfully. My acne is relatively clear and I no longer have cramping the day I start my period. My period lasts about 5 days from the previous 7. It is much lighter too. I have had no issues with this medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2016

"...If I could give this a zero, I would. I started taking Sprintec when I was 18, and I took it religiously-never missed a day. It switched to Previfem when I was 22, I think. The long and short of this review is, now I have a two month old baby. Remember that "never missed a day" thing? Yeah, that continued well into my unknown pregnancy... As did my period. I took note of feeling like garbage, gaining weight around my stomach, not being able to handle smells I had always been around and figured I might as well take a test, and it came out positive. By the time it was confirmed, I had already been pregnant for three months, which is too late to terminate if you or the baby's health is not in jeopardy. So yeah, not that great for me."

An Unused Nickname (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 11, 2016

"I have been on birth control for over 3 years. I too was on Sprintec until they changed it to Tri-Previfem - didn't notice any changes with my body between the two. The first month I started taking the pill was crazy, my emotions were uncontrollable (it was scary) and my skin was breaking out. I don't like Tri-previfem but it does keep me from getting pregnant. Skin still breaks out but I don't know if that's just me or the pill doing it. I never really got period cramps/symptoms before the pill, now I do. Periods are much lighter and shorter though. My boobs grew about half a size. No weight gain. No libido either - my boyfriend hates it but the pill is the best way to avoid pregnancy. Wouldn't recommend unless necessary."

Morgs (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2016

"I was switched from sprintec to previfem by the company who ships my birth control (my insurance required them to be mailed). I have been on sprintec for 5 years with no problems. I was on vacation with my fiance when I started the first week of my new pills. All was good until the second week of taking these pills. I started to have horrible cramps, nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore breasts, acne, and a very bad anxiety problem. I would compare it to pregnancy symptoms on steroids. I called the mailing company and asked why they suddenly switched when my prescription was specifically for sprintec and they couldn't answer me. Needless to say I was in a panic until I found that other women had experienced the same thing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2016

"I took this for 4 months. I had just gotten off of Orsythia and that gave me terrible deppression and anxiety throughout my menstrual cycle. This pill however, did the same, BUT only for the 1st week. I thought for a bit that it was a fair trade off for not getting pregnant. So I'll shorten this and make some pros and cons Pros: Extremely regular period (I was before I took bc however) Only 4 days long ( used to be 7-9) Libido stayed the same NO ACNE ( a little break out nearing period) Cons Very bad memory problems (I'd forget what I was saying mid-sentence. And I usually keep track of things extremely well) I still had cramps Anxiety Self-image issues Worse vision Gained a bit of weight Very manic ( very very happy or very very sad)"

Loop7890 March 8, 2016

"I had been taking the name-brand of this contraceptive for probably 18 years. Then my insurance decided it would only pay for generic. I started this one in October. By Thanksgiving I had a raging allergic rash on most of my body. ER dr wrongly diagnosed me, and after 2 other dr visits and a biopsy, they discovered it was an allergy to this drug. It is now mid-February, and after 3 rounds of steroids, I STILL have some of the rash. Torture for sure!"

Joyia February 19, 2016

"I just started taking this pills. I do smoke but not daily maybe 2 every other day.. I am doing something wrong. I have my period all ready."

Wondering Women 14 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

"Best birth control out there in my opinion. I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for almost 2 years on this pill and it is very effective in keeping you from getting pregnant. Never had any negative side effects, didn't gain any weight. The only thing is my boobs grew from a C to a DD, but that's a good thing for me lol. Highly recommend this birth control!"

Anonymous January 26, 2016

"The birth control does well with keeping you from getting pregnant. But I'm on my third month of taking the pill, and I've been bloated for about a week and a half now. I lost my appetite, mood swings, and head aches."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

"Well, I see a lot of people saying they get nauseous in the first few days of starting birth control. That's normal. But every time I start a pack or miss by a few hours I'm awful nauseous. I've not got pregnant. So that's good. Ever since I started this pill I've had ovary/ vagina pains. But I'm not sure if it is a ovarian cyst or it's something different or if it just happened not related to the pill. I've got bad anxiety now & cry a lot. I was never like this before. But now I am. This isn't a bad pill though. Works differently for everyone. Plus sides is I used to have cramps to where I would like cry. It would hurt so bad. Now I have about none. And period is lighter."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2016

"I have been taking this birth control for about 9 months. In the spring I started back on this birth control after taking a break for awhile. In May, I started having migraines. Previously, I had random headaches but they were nothing excedrin couldn't handle. After getting back on this bc, I had migraines the week of my cycle. I had extreme migraines to the point where I had to go to the doctor and get a shot. I was given a prescription (pills and shots I could give myself). My prescription ran out and I waited a couple of months until I could return to my permanent home and go to the gyno. while I was off this medicine- no migraines. Just started back a few days ago and I'm nauseous, experiencing headaches, and emotional again"

AC13 (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

"I originally started this medication due to chronic migraines caused by hormonal imbalance. When I first started the pill my acne had reached its worst. I told myself to stick it through, it was the only thing helping the prevention of my headaches and migraines. In the 3rd month my skin completely cleared. My boobs went from just fitting a D 32 to DD 34! I gained no weight from it, still had my sex drive, and it did a very good job of keeping me from getting pregnant. It also made my period lighter, less painful, & 3 days shorter. I remained on the pill for about a year and a half before I started experiencing bad nausea everytime I missed a pill & also got really bad anxiety in the end. Had to stop taking it eventually. Miss my boobs but not the nausea or anxiety"

Katy Lynn December 29, 2015

"Worked really well for me, never had an issue"

erica12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2015

"I've had a great experience with this pill! I've been taking this for 7 months now and have seen little to no side effects like others are claiming. My periods are regular, only 4-5 days a month and I know exactly when they're coming! Also haven't gotten pregnant which is a plus. Helped with my acne a lot and although my severe cramps are not completely diminished, Advil does the trick - definitely made a difference!"

eb1197 December 7, 2015

"I have been using this birth control for a little over 2 months now, and even though it has worked so far for preventing pregnancy, the side effects are terrible I thought at first that I was just sick, but I would only feel sick an hour after the pill I take it at night before bed, the nausea is so bad it effects my sleep. And first thing that happens when I wake up is very painful cramps and even more nausea. I get very long and painful headaches and my emotions are all over the place from angry and annoyed to anxious then sad and crying for no reason. Along with all that my breasts are sore. Just putting on a bra makes me cringe. The best way to describe the symptoms of this pill is pregnancy symptoms on steroids. Not recommended!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2015

"This is the 3rd brand I've ever tried after having horrible side effects from the first two. For a while this pill really worked for me, and I thought I finally found my brand. But a lot of little things like rapid heart rate, headaches, and frequent infections I finally linked to this. I never got pregnant and it regulated my periods well. But eventually my body started rebelling against this pill and it wasn't worth it."

Shayle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2015

"This birth control has worked 100% with preventing pregnancies. However, it makes me beyond depressed, irritable, angry and moody. It started out to be right before my period, but now it is all the time. I never had these issues before taking Tri Previfem. It also makes me super hungry right before my period, where I want to eat everything in sight. But my major issue is definitely the depression, anger, anxiety and crying spells it has caused. Tonight is my last night taking this pill, thank God I am finally done with the pack!!! I do not recommend!"

HeyMary (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2015

"Tried 3 different birth controls over the past year and finally felt like this one worked. It fixed my bleeding problems and regulated my cycle. Month by month I stared noticing the nausea getting worse and worse. Now are 4 months on this pill I've decided to stop taking it because it makes me sick as a dog. My breast are tender almost all of the time and my sex drive has basically vanished. Wish there was something out there that worked for me but this is definately not it"

Char12 November 2, 2015

"It has been great for me I use it for both birth control and irregular menstral bleeding. I had no cycle for 3 months after taking it for a month I got my period no side effects. I am also taking spironolactone to help with fertility. I have full coverage so my insurance covers everything. if you have issues where you have to visit the gyno frequently I would suggest getting full coverage health insurance."

HermosaJanai October 26, 2015

"I have been on this pill for the past 5 years now. When I first began this pill I had no issues, it immediately regulated my period and decreased cramping and acne. However, over the past few years I have noticed an increase in negative side effects associated with this pill. I find myself to become randomly depressed, emotional and angry. I have little to no sex drive as well as terrible migraines during the week before my period. I have been prescribed 800mg ibuprofen for these migraines, as my gynecologist suggested it could be due to low estrogen levels and they don't even help. I am considering changing pills due to the uncomfortable side effects."

court1990 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 17, 2015

"I have been taking tri previfem for over a year now, and have suffered from an emotional breakdown once a month, sometimes more often, since a couple months after I began taking it. This is not typical of me at all, and I have been very scared and confused by my extreme emotions. Today I came to this page and read the reviews and was startled to see that so many people were experiencing the same thing as me. I am going to stop taking it immediately. Not worth it :("

beansy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2015

"I been on Tri-Previfem since 2014, Since my Insurance wouldn't cover Ortho Tricyclen, I like that it helped with my heavy periods and completely took away those bad cramps I would get every month. about 3 months ago I started feeling so bad when it was a couple of days before my period supposed to come one. I would get so moody, depressed and at times if something really gets to me I would really flip out. I really didn't pay it much attention until I started to get them more around the same time each month. Its not as bad as it was when I first started having problems with it. I will continue to take them and hope that the pill company isn't taking away anything or putting anything bad in them"

KayK125 October 1, 2015

"As a birth control, this is very effective. However, after being on it for 11 months the side effects did a complete 180 on me for the worse. One day I woke up and felt so extremely depressed and from that point on, my whole summer spiralled downwards. I experienced hellish anxiety, fatigue, confusion, headaches and migraines, major depression and suicidal thoughts, and the list could go on forever. I have always been mentally and physically healthy, so experiencing such a terrible summer was a life changing experience. I have been 3 months clean from that poison and I do not recommend anyone to take it. It was like feeding the devil into my soul. Please, please, please do not take this."

Ccm13 September 28, 2015

"I am on day 3 of this pill and I felt awful the whole time. I constantly feel like I'm going to throw up after I take it which makes it difficult for me to sleep. I already have some anxiety but this birth control is making it to where I can't sleep and once I do sleep I can't stay asleep. I just lay in bed feeling hot, nauseous, and like I'm going to die. My anxiety is just getting so bad I will probably stop taking this medication."

Midnight940 September 9, 2015