User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem Review Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 209 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

"I've only been on this pill for two weeks. I have chills where it feels like I have a fever - dizziness - severe migraines - neck pain - constant hunger - 10lb weight gain - confusion - nausea - ear aches - fatigue - stomach pain - anxiety - weakness - no sex drive. I mean the list goes on and on! This pill is awful. Stopping it today. The side effects are just not worth it!"

Georgiamom (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

"I have been on this birth control for almost 2 years now. It has worked wonders even though I did gain 30 lbs mainly because of the way that I eat. My acne has cleared a lot and it works definitely for birth control. I am active a lot and not pregnant. I'm also moody at times but I don't want to switch pills because I feel no side affects. Light periods as well and always on time."

Princess Jasmin (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2015

" I'm 19 years old and started taking this birth control after my first one worked perfectly for a few months, until I began to get my period every 8 days. I've been on this pill for about two weeks and I already hate it. I'm constantly moody, depressed and over emotional. It's effecting my relationship between my family, friends and boyfriend. Doesn't help with acne, I've never had acne till I began taking this. Also have severe pain everyday in my lower stomach area."

Anonymous July 25, 2015

"I started taking this pill when I was 16, I am now 20. The pill started out fine and I loved it for the past 3 years but this last year is different. Starting the pill it cleared my acne up very well. I only gained maybe 10lbs at most, but that's as well as growing up and fitting into my body. The pill has worked great for birthcontrol. It has made me have a regular, light 3-4 day period every month. Rarely any cramps too. But this past year I have been noticing a few different side effects. My cramping is getting worse with each period, I started spotting more monthly and during my period I get severe migranes. Stopping the pill for a month to see if my headaches get better.."

LysMil (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 16, 2015

"I have only been in this birth control for almost a month. Immediately after the first few pills my breasts began to get very tender and they have definitely grown a bit. I'm having terrible stomach pains, bloating, nausea, I'm constantly sad. My acne got worse, but I haven't gained any weight. I've been spotting for about 2 days now, but I'm not supposed to starty period until next Friday. Hopefully all is well, and it's just my body getting used to the hormones. However, if these symptoms do not clear up within the next month, I'm going to try to switch or just stay off of the pill. I'm going insane due to the fact that I feel like I'm pregnant, but I'm hoping it's just the birth control side effects."

Sabrinaxstarr July 10, 2015

"I had a very negative reaction with this birth control. I only took the first pill...ONE pill.... and the entirety of the next day I had chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, blurry vision and anxiety. I honestly felt like I was going to die. My chest felt like it was going to explode. I went to urgent care and they found all of my vitals to be completely normal, but that the pill was making me physically feel these affects that weren't really there. They told me that I didn't have to stop taking it, but I never took another one because I would rather not be on birth control at all than to feel like that every again."

Court__19 July 2, 2015

"I've been on this birth control for the last 7 years. I love it. I always know exactly when I'm going to get my period and they only last 4-5 days. I do get moody right before and breast soreness/cramping the day of but its not anything crazy. No weight gain and my skin still breaks out around my period. I've never been pregnant so that's definitely a plus too!"

Lindsay4169 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 30, 2015

"Absolute worst side effects I've ever experienced. Depression & aggression are now apart of my everyday life. I've been on this for 3 months. I'm late every month which never happened before. I'm a newlywed & my sex life is almost non-existent. My period is light & I barely have cramps. I have not gotten pregnant. It isn't worth it. This sadness & self induced seclusion is terrible. I'll be burning my pack tonight."

krrisstta June 27, 2015

"I've been on this pill for about 3 years now and it's worked fine thus far. My weight maintained stable, no acne, I haven't had any more mood swings than I would if I wasn't on it and obviously I haven't gotten pregnant after having unprotected sex. My only complaint is that every once in a while I get some spotting for a few days."

Anonymous 2090 June 22, 2015

"I have been taking Previfem for about three years now. The beginning of each new pack I get extremely sick to the point of puking all night & can't keep anything down. On the bright side, I've had a lot of unprotected sex & I haven't gotten pregnant so it does work for birth control. Time to switch. Can't handle the up all night sickness anymore."

BreBre679 June 18, 2015

"I started taking this medicine because my insurance wouldn't cover Ortho Tricyclen. This is only my second month, but I'm done - severe migraine throughout my period, tension headaches the rest of the time, and terrible over-bleeding, a problem I've never had with any other birth control."

ChiChenn June 15, 2015

"I really hate this birth control. I have taken others and had no side effects or anything go wrong, but this pill has basically ruined my social life. I have been taking it for a little over a month and since the second I started taking it, I have had my period. I have no sex drive, and constant bleeding. I have noticed I'm super moody, and for the first week it made me sick to my stomach and I stopped eating because of how it made me feel. I hate this pill but my doctor makes it difficult to switch."

Anonymous June 3, 2015

"I have been on this birth control for about three months and have decided to stop taking the pill. I have had major mood swings while taking this pill. As well as being nausea and just not feeling well. The pill is effective as a birth control. But the side effects were not worth having"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2015

"I've been on this BC for about 3 months now. This is the 3rd prescribed type of pill I've been on. Weight gain was an issue when I first started w/ Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, but my weight has been pretty constant now. My acne has cleared up significantly, which is nice! My sex drive is still the same, unless I'm the water pill week. My periods have been pretty brief compared to my original 7 day cycles, then becoming 2 weeks (yes, weeks!) on the 2nd BC I was on for months, they are very predictable and my calendar is always accurate so I am well prepared, but I still get SEVERE cramps the first 2 days, which has always been a constant problem for me, on and off ALL the BC's I've been on. I am still a virgin, only 17, and not sure why this is??"

gianna5598 April 29, 2015

"This was my first birth control pill. The first month, I had some light spotting, which is expected when starting most pills. I've now been on the pill for three months, I've experienced some weight gain but nothing drastic. My breasts have gotten larger, and occasionally in the week before my period, I am easily irritated. It has lessened the acne I get before my period as well, but has not made it completely disappear. No change in sex drive and no crazy mood swings or depression. I am only switching to a lower hormone dose pill because in the last month of taking this, I had a huge psoriasis flare, and I know that it's from the pill because I never had it before taking it, and it cleared as soon as I started the placebos."

KileyLS April 23, 2015

"I have been taking this for a few months and am satisfied. A little moody sometimes but satisfied."

Toochymama March 30, 2015

"The first month of this pill I had breakthrough bleeding basically the whole month. I also had this terrible stomach feeling. The second month I had no bleeding and no weird stomach feelings. I just switched off to a lower dose pill due to my breasts growing 2 sizes and being extremely swollen (I was already a D I didn't want them any bigger!) and also I lost my sex drive completely. Happy to have had no emotional changes at all (in fact, I felt happier). Overall, this pill wasn't as terrible as all the reviews I've read made it out to be, but everyone is different."

Alex456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

"It definitely works. I've been on it for six months and have not become pregnant. There was slight nausea and some change in irritability but I am overall happy with it. My skin is also flawless!"

AlexandraShannon March 17, 2015

"Took it for a month and experienced horrible side effects. Constant cramping out of nowhere, painful sex, zero sex drive, swollen, extremely tender breasts, mood swings, anger and aggression particularly, some depression, constant fatigue, bloating, and an irregular period after years of it being regular. Had to stop taking it to get my sanity back."

kmoney (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2015

"I took this birth control for 2 months. Worked well for birth control. Weight was stable. No acne or mood swings. I did however have an extreme amount of vaginal discharge all month long when my period was not on. So much so, I am switching to another birth control."

kimmieb4 March 6, 2015

"I've been on this birth control for 3 months and have not become pregnant. My boyfriend and I don't use any other birth control methods. My skin has cleared up and I haven't gained any weight (although I work out regularly and eat well). The first month my breasts swelled up to over a cup size bigger but after I finished my first pack they went back to their regular size. I would recommend this pill to anyone looking for a method of birth control. The reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 is because it has caused me some mood swings. Nothing unbearable. My sex drive is also the same as before."

Megan00000 February 20, 2015

"No sex drive at all. In a bad mood sometimes throughout the day for no apparent reason. Thinking of switching to something else."

ss7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2015

"Negative Side Effects: - Diarrhea for the first 4-5 days of taking it - Still heavy flow periods - Tension headaches everyday - Breast tenderness - I feel that I've been eating more (not sure if that's because of the birth control) - Heavy PMSing before periods Positive Side Effects: - Shorter period - Less acne - Less cramps"

Kayla123455 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

"I didn't like this birth control and I know it affects everyone differently, but this was my first time on the pill and within the first 3 months I gained 20 lbs! I also had a lot of breast tenderness. Then I got switched to Syeda, and the 2nd month I was on it I had headaches daily that would not go away with ibuprofen or Excedrin. Then by the 3rd month I had headaches every other day. Not to mention on a daily basis I had breast tenderness and cramps every week except the first week of the start of my pills. And now I'm going to start the Depo Provera shot in two weeks, and I'm hearing mixed reviews with that."

AdrienneXx13 January 7, 2015

"I was on this for about two months and I thought I was going insane. My depression was really bad and my stomach hurt and I have severe panic and anxiety attacks. Don't get this medicine if you have depression. It'll save you the tears and fights in your relationship."

Rhi1997 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2014