Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem review summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 193 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

Review by Alex456 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

The first month of this pill I had breakthrough bleeding basically the whole month. I also had this terrible stomach feeling. The second month I had no bleeding and no weird stomach feelings. I just switched off to a lower dose pill due to my breasts growing 2 sizes and being extremely swollen (I was already a D I didn't want them any bigger!) and also I lost my sex drive completely. Happy to have had no emotional changes at all (in fact, I felt happier). Overall, this pill wasn't as terrible as all the reviews I've read made it out to be, but everyone is different.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 2:50 PM

Review by AlexandraShannon:

It definitely works. I've been on it for six months and have not become pregnant. There was slight nausea and some change in irritability but I am overall happy with it. My skin is also flawless!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 12:07 PM

Review by kmoney (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Took it for a month and experienced horrible side effects. Constant cramping out of nowhere, painful sex, zero sex drive, swollen, extremely tender breasts, mood swings, anger and aggression particularly, some depression, constant fatigue, bloating, and an irregular period after years of it being regular. Had to stop taking it to get my sanity back.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 12:03 AM

Review by kimmieb4:

I took this birth control for 2 months. Worked well for birth control. Weight was stable. No acne or mood swings. I did however have an extreme amount of vaginal discharge all month long when my period was not on. So much so, I am switching to another birth control.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2015 6:31 AM

Review by Megan00000:

I've been on this birth control for 3 months and have not become pregnant. My boyfriend and I don't use any other birth control methods. My skin has cleared up and I haven't gained any weight (although I work out regularly and eat well). The first month my breasts swelled up to over a cup size bigger but after I finished my first pack they went back to their regular size. I would recommend this pill to anyone looking for a method of birth control. The reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 is because it has caused me some mood swings. Nothing unbearable. My sex drive is also the same as before.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2015 9:01 AM

Review by ss7 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

No sex drive at all. In a bad mood sometimes throughout the day for no apparent reason. Thinking of switching to something else.

February 3, 2015 12:29 AM

Review by Kayla123455 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Negative Side Effects: - Diarrhea for the first 4-5 days of taking it - Still heavy flow periods - Tension headaches everyday - Breast tenderness - I feel that I've been eating more (not sure if that's because of the birth control) - Heavy PMSing before periods Positive Side Effects: - Shorter period - Less acne - Less cramps

January 28, 2015 8:04 PM

Review by AdrienneXx13:

I didn't like this birth control and I know it affects everyone differently, but this was my first time on the pill and within the first 3 months I gained 20 lbs! I also had a lot of breast tenderness. Then I got switched to Syeda, and the 2nd month I was on it I had headaches daily that would not go away with ibuprofen or Excedrin. Then by the 3rd month I had headaches every other day. Not to mention on a daily basis I had breast tenderness and cramps every week except the first week of the start of my pills. And now I'm going to start the Depo Provera shot in two weeks, and I'm hearing mixed reviews with that.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 10:55 PM

Review by Rhi1997 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was on this for about two months and I thought I was going insane. My depression was really bad and my stomach hurt and I have severe panic and anxiety attacks. Don't get this medicine if you have depression. It'll save you the tears and fights in your relationship.

December 22, 2014 6:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had a lot of stomach pains for over a month. I didn't get pregnant and had a normal period but such severe stomach pains along with occasional headache I had to switch to a lower hormone so I'm using "Gildess" now I'm sad the only side effect I seemed to have was stomach pain. But it was very persistent.

December 3, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by brunettebeauty3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been taking this medicine for a few years now. And it works great for me. I have a four day period. My periods are light. I get little cramping but it's not that bad. Compared to what I used to have, a 7 day period heavy flow and alot and I mean alot of cramping it's ten times better. My mood has gotten alot better also.

December 3, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by MNikole:

I'm getting close to my sixth month on this birth control and I have some good and some bad things to say about it. My acne has cleared up a lot and my periods are lighter. On the contrary, I get my period about 4 days early. My breasts have gotten much larger and are constantly in pain. I also feel extremely depressed. This pill is free which is really nice, but I'm thinking about trying to switch to a pill that doesn't make me feel so down all of the time.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 7:06 PM

I've been taking Tri-Previfem for a month now. On the second day of being on the pill I experienced constant nausea & stomach pain. When I got my period the cramping became severe almost unbearable & my period last for 2 weeks. This pill is not for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2014 6:50 AM

Review by Sarah42:

I am now on the last week of my second pack of Tri Previfem. I started using this medicine only for birth control, and it has caused many side effects. The first few weeks I had severe headaches and since I started taking it, I have noticed weight gain, also my breasts have definitely become bigger and are always very sore. The first month of taking it my period was much heavier than usual and lasted longer. I have noticed I have been more depressed as well. However; for the purpose of birth control I haven't gotten pregnant. But I think I will be switching to a different one soon.

September 6, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by LynnJe:

I started taking this BC last year 11/2014 when I got the Mirena taken out due to bad acne. A few weeks after starting Tri-Previfem I started having hypoglycemic episodes after I run (~4miles ). Which continued after every run so I started taking supplements before and during my run to keep my blood sugar stable. Which helps partly and very annoying. But the last 2 months I had 2 hypoglycemic episodes in the morning without any physical activity. It's now 8/2014 and I've decided to stop taking them. Cons: hypoglycemia, stomach bloat during period Pros: no acne, regulated periods (precise day and round about time of day), minimal/no cramps.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Jack sun:

I have been taking TriPrevifem for about 7 months now and no complaints whatsoever. After the second month of taking Tri-Previfem my period has definitely done a 360* and regulates monthly now. I haven't felt on edge and I have lost weight as well as going down a cup size on my breasts. It's a great pill, but know the tablet can vary in side effects depending what your body can handle. FYI: definitely research on your own as well as talking with your primary doctor!

August 7, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by Ari98 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was first put in Tri-Sprintec, which worked wonderfully for me, but my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem. I've good news and bad news about this pill. The good news: I've not gotten pregnant. The bad news: after being switched over, I've realized a shocking change in my mood. I'm much more depressed, and I have developed a case of anxiety. I have experienced several anxiety attacks after being switched to this pill. I'm contemplating asking my doctor to change my prescription. If you wish to not get pregnant, then take this pill, but you may undergo dramatic changes in your mood.

July 10, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by claveles (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Previfem kept me from getting pregnant, so that's great, but it gave me awful, painful, 2+ week long withdrawal bleeds. I would start bleeding right in the middle of my active pills, almost two full weeks before my placebo pills started. The bleeding didn't really let up until the placebo pills were gone. It wasn't minor bleeding, either; it was heavy and accompanied by cramps/backaches. I would get migraines here and there, too, ranging in severity. I thought these symptoms would let up eventually, but I took it for three months with no luck. Personally, I just couldn't deal with the excessively long withdrawal bleeds. I switched over to Microgestin Fe 1/20 after three cycles and have had a much better experience so far.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 12:04 AM

The only complaint I have about this birth control is bad tension headaches and fatigue, but I'll take that over weight gain and acne which fortunately this birth control doesn't cause at all! it also made my cysts go away and is free or really cheap with insurance. would recommend to anyone!

May 18, 2014 11:44 PM

Review by kbruh765 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on Tri-Previfem going on my fourth month. I have noticed an increase in breast size, extra water weight, tenderness in breast along with nausea and headaches. It doesn't seem to be cooperating with my body, but I haven't gotten pregnant, which is good. I don't get pimples as much as I used to, and I'm more emotional. This is my first time on birth control, and I am not satisfied with it. I will be going back to my doctor for a change.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by Steph13:

I've been on Tri-Previfem for 3 months now and it's been quite the whirlwind. Firstly, my periods are so much better, my cramps are non-existent, and my menstrual cycle is punctual. Additionally, my insurance covers all of it so its absolutely free. Although this may sound like a miracle period medicine it certainly has its cons (for me). I've become extremely sensitive and needy. As a nursing student life is stressful and lonely enough to deal with, this medicine has amplified my stress, anxiety, and depression. I never thought I would be one of the unfortunate ones to experience the ugly side effects of a medication. This may be fitting for others but certainly not for me, I need my sanity back.

April 12, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by HolliElaina:

I've completed six months with this and have had zero problems with it. 4 day periods, sex drive is normal, minimal cramping, and no other side effects at all. Birth control pills work different for everyone. Your body may react differently than mine, but I've had no problems with Tri-Previfem.

April 8, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am currently taking the last of my second pack and I feel like my sex drive has been lost... I'm not sure if it's this particular brand or not, but ever since I started taking it, I have felt no desire for sex. I am soon going to consult with my doctor to switch, Also, it gives you your period for a week which I do not like.. Had pretty heavy bleeding my first period, guessing I'll have the same with my next cycle. It works differently on everyone, but for me, it doesn't seem to be the right choice.

March 2, 2014 3:15 PM

Review by wiugeei158923:

I used to take Tri-Sprintec but my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem. I have been on it for about a year and at first it was alright but after a few months, I noticed things were starting to change. I started feeling depressed, developing anxiety, and I noticed my libido was declining. I didn't really think much of it but now, it is getting worse and worse. I have been having anxiety attacks, which I never had before taking this. I have been more depressed than ever before. And don't even get me started on my libido. I am only 21 and I never want to have sex any more. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and I used to always want to do it. Now, it seems like I have to force myself to do anything and I shouldn't have to do that.

February 16, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am on Tri-Previfem and it's been about 7 weeks and I've already consulted with my doctor to change birth control. Overall my experience on Tri-Previfem was awful. I bled the entire first month and now on my second month it's causing me to have painful intercourse.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate