User Reviews for Tri-Previfem

Learn more about Tri-Previfem.

Tri-Previfem review summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 202 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Tri-Previfem to treat Birth Control

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had a lot of stomach pains for over a month. I didn't get pregnant and had a normal period but such severe stomach pains along with occasional headache I had to switch to a lower hormone so I'm using "Gildess" now I'm sad the only side effect I seemed to have was stomach pain. But it was very persistent.

December 3, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by brunettebeauty3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been taking this medicine for a few years now. And it works great for me. I have a four day period. My periods are light. I get little cramping but it's not that bad. Compared to what I used to have, a 7 day period heavy flow and alot and I mean alot of cramping it's ten times better. My mood has gotten alot better also.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by MNikole:

I'm getting close to my sixth month on this birth control and I have some good and some bad things to say about it. My acne has cleared up a lot and my periods are lighter. On the contrary, I get my period about 4 days early. My breasts have gotten much larger and are constantly in pain. I also feel extremely depressed. This pill is free which is really nice, but I'm thinking about trying to switch to a pill that doesn't make me feel so down all of the time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 7:06 PM

I've been taking Tri-Previfem for a month now. On the second day of being on the pill I experienced constant nausea & stomach pain. When I got my period the cramping became severe almost unbearable & my period last for 2 weeks. This pill is not for me.

September 19, 2014 6:50 AM

Review by Sarah42:

I am now on the last week of my second pack of Tri Previfem. I started using this medicine only for birth control, and it has caused many side effects. The first few weeks I had severe headaches and since I started taking it, I have noticed weight gain, also my breasts have definitely become bigger and are always very sore. The first month of taking it my period was much heavier than usual and lasted longer. I have noticed I have been more depressed as well. However; for the purpose of birth control I haven't gotten pregnant. But I think I will be switching to a different one soon.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by LynnJe:

I started taking this BC last year 11/2014 when I got the Mirena taken out due to bad acne. A few weeks after starting Tri-Previfem I started having hypoglycemic episodes after I run (~4miles ). Which continued after every run so I started taking supplements before and during my run to keep my blood sugar stable. Which helps partly and very annoying. But the last 2 months I had 2 hypoglycemic episodes in the morning without any physical activity. It's now 8/2014 and I've decided to stop taking them. Cons: hypoglycemia, stomach bloat during period Pros: no acne, regulated periods (precise day and round about time of day), minimal/no cramps.

August 25, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Jack sun:

I have been taking TriPrevifem for about 7 months now and no complaints whatsoever. After the second month of taking Tri-Previfem my period has definitely done a 360* and regulates monthly now. I haven't felt on edge and I have lost weight as well as going down a cup size on my breasts. It's a great pill, but know the tablet can vary in side effects depending what your body can handle. FYI: definitely research on your own as well as talking with your primary doctor!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by Ari98 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was first put in Tri-Sprintec, which worked wonderfully for me, but my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem. I've good news and bad news about this pill. The good news: I've not gotten pregnant. The bad news: after being switched over, I've realized a shocking change in my mood. I'm much more depressed, and I have developed a case of anxiety. I have experienced several anxiety attacks after being switched to this pill. I'm contemplating asking my doctor to change my prescription. If you wish to not get pregnant, then take this pill, but you may undergo dramatic changes in your mood.

July 10, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by claveles (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Previfem kept me from getting pregnant, so that's great, but it gave me awful, painful, 2+ week long withdrawal bleeds. I would start bleeding right in the middle of my active pills, almost two full weeks before my placebo pills started. The bleeding didn't really let up until the placebo pills were gone. It wasn't minor bleeding, either; it was heavy and accompanied by cramps/backaches. I would get migraines here and there, too, ranging in severity. I thought these symptoms would let up eventually, but I took it for three months with no luck. Personally, I just couldn't deal with the excessively long withdrawal bleeds. I switched over to Microgestin Fe 1/20 after three cycles and have had a much better experience so far.

June 24, 2014 12:04 AM

The only complaint I have about this birth control is bad tension headaches and fatigue, but I'll take that over weight gain and acne which fortunately this birth control doesn't cause at all! it also made my cysts go away and is free or really cheap with insurance. would recommend to anyone!

May 18, 2014 11:44 PM

Review by kbruh765 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on Tri-Previfem going on my fourth month. I have noticed an increase in breast size, extra water weight, tenderness in breast along with nausea and headaches. It doesn't seem to be cooperating with my body, but I haven't gotten pregnant, which is good. I don't get pimples as much as I used to, and I'm more emotional. This is my first time on birth control, and I am not satisfied with it. I will be going back to my doctor for a change.

May 12, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by Steph13:

I've been on Tri-Previfem for 3 months now and it's been quite the whirlwind. Firstly, my periods are so much better, my cramps are non-existent, and my menstrual cycle is punctual. Additionally, my insurance covers all of it so its absolutely free. Although this may sound like a miracle period medicine it certainly has its cons (for me). I've become extremely sensitive and needy. As a nursing student life is stressful and lonely enough to deal with, this medicine has amplified my stress, anxiety, and depression. I never thought I would be one of the unfortunate ones to experience the ugly side effects of a medication. This may be fitting for others but certainly not for me, I need my sanity back.

April 12, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by HolliElaina:

I've completed six months with this and have had zero problems with it. 4 day periods, sex drive is normal, minimal cramping, and no other side effects at all. Birth control pills work different for everyone. Your body may react differently than mine, but I've had no problems with Tri-Previfem.

April 8, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am currently taking the last of my second pack and I feel like my sex drive has been lost... I'm not sure if it's this particular brand or not, but ever since I started taking it, I have felt no desire for sex. I am soon going to consult with my doctor to switch, Also, it gives you your period for a week which I do not like.. Had pretty heavy bleeding my first period, guessing I'll have the same with my next cycle. It works differently on everyone, but for me, it doesn't seem to be the right choice.

March 2, 2014 3:15 PM

Review by wiugeei158923:

I used to take Tri-Sprintec but my pharmacy switched me to Tri-Previfem. I have been on it for about a year and at first it was alright but after a few months, I noticed things were starting to change. I started feeling depressed, developing anxiety, and I noticed my libido was declining. I didn't really think much of it but now, it is getting worse and worse. I have been having anxiety attacks, which I never had before taking this. I have been more depressed than ever before. And don't even get me started on my libido. I am only 21 and I never want to have sex any more. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and I used to always want to do it. Now, it seems like I have to force myself to do anything and I shouldn't have to do that.

February 16, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am on Tri-Previfem and it's been about 7 weeks and I've already consulted with my doctor to change birth control. Overall my experience on Tri-Previfem was awful. I bled the entire first month and now on my second month it's causing me to have painful intercourse.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2014 9:29 PM

I've taken this pill for two weeks now and I've had a constant migraine. I just had a baby three months ago so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Also had very heavy bleeding for a week then it would stop and start again. Also I'm very moody and sad where I wasn't before I started taking this medicine. If I still have migraines at the end of this pack, I may switch.

February 6, 2014 4:52 PM

Review by 162747 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have just started my third month of Previfem, and I have had almost no side effects! My breasts have grown so much though!(not that I'm complaining) this was my first birth control and I'm very happy I chose it. It makes my periods much lighter, and if anything it increased my sex drive. I've noticed that I'm not as moody when I'm on my period, and I am so happy about that. I have had a very pleasant experience so far.

February 2, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by SandraVamp:

I use it as a birth control, but it has helped a lot with my acne. No more oily face. Also how effective is this in regards to birth control? So far.. no problems, no weight gain. It was difficult getting this approved by my insurance BCBS.

December 5, 2013 10:50 PM

Review by Bri16:

I'm 16, on the 5th day of my second pack. I LOVE this birth control! My acne is slowly going away, but I also use Proactiv. It has lessened my cramps a LOT, made my breasts feel a bit bigger (according to my boyfriend). The only bad side effect I had in the beginning was one day it made my face blotchy, which says that can happen in the information. Other than that, everything's been great. My mom and I are on the same pill and we don't have insurance until September so it is about $34 a pack out of pocket.

July 29, 2013 10:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I was previously on Tri-Sprintec for years, when my pharmacy started carrying Tri-Previfem. I switched thinking it would affect me the same. However, I started getting headaches often, feeling weak, my face broke out, and I had spotting. I know that these effects may come when switching brands, but when I switched from Ortho TriCyclen Lo to its generic, then back to brand, then to Tri-Sprintec I have never had any problems. I am a pharmacy technician and I have had several customers that have had trouble when switching to Previfem or Tri-Previfem. I will be switching back to Tri-Sprintec once the pharmacy special orders it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2013 9:07 AM

Review by just_a_girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

As far as birth control goes-great. It has prevented unwanted pregnancy for me and my boyfriend for a while now; however, ever since I started this birth control I've been very emotional and very forgetful. It's gotten to the point where I have to write down everything.

June 29, 2013 12:18 AM

Review by BP128733982:

I found Tri-Previfem to be an effective contraceptive for my boyfriend and I; however, I have recently started getting sudden and severe headaches, and in some cases body aches. I can't leave my room or function when these happen so I usually just sleep. It's really hard being a college student who needs to get work done when I get sudden severe headaches. On the bright side, I've noticed no weight gain and my skin cleared up. My periods also became regular.

February 25, 2013 10:00 PM

Acne went completely away.

January 12, 2012 3:06 PM

Review by Courtini44:

It has helped me in every way. Very light three to four day periods, clear skin and no weight gain. I love it.

September 7, 2011 1:28 PM