User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 152 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Endometriosis

Review by itworksforme (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had an absence of periods for 6 months, I'd be lucky to get one period a year. I thought something was really wrong with me and I was freaked out. Luckily I did a 10-day hormone therapy thing and then got put on birth control. You will also feel crappy the day after you take your first pill. It's normal, your body isn't used to it so you will feel crappy. I had such a bad headache that I had to leave work early. But besides that, Sprintec has been great for me! I have a period at the end of every month, for some reason it's the THURSDAY I start the white pills. The only side effect I've had is a yeast infection because my body wasn't used to the increase in estrogen.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by BeccaJand:

I've been on this medication for 3+ years and it took a while to get on track. I was put on YAZ first but my cramping didn't stop at all. On Sprintec my skin has cleared and last month had not a single cramp during the bleeding period. I am only able to extend my period for a month and a half and often bleed before my placebo pills but I am only on those for 3 days.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 1:55 PM

I have been on Sprintec for a month and a half so far. Let me say that I have tried over 15 kinds of birth control in the last 10 years and usually have horrible side effects. So far, I have had none from Sprintec. In fact, even though I have severe endometriosis, I was put on Sprintec due to untreatable acne and oily skin which had developed only in the last year. After being on Sprintec for 2 weeks only, my skin had cleared up. I had been seeing 2 dermatologists for the last year who tried many different medications and nothing worked to clear up the acne! Also, I had been a little depressed (also due to some hormone sensitivity) for the last couple of months and that has cleared up very quickly as well. So far, so good!

January 29, 2011 6:52 AM

I have been on this pill for about four years. My Doctor took me off of Ortho-Tri Cyclen because of ovarian cysts. My only compliant is the EXTREME swelling in my ankles and when it's really hot. I was recently put on Yaz and had to be taken off so they put me back on this. Otherwise, it would be a great pill but the swelling is getting old and I am sick of dealing with it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2009 2:11 PM

I was on Sprintec for only 3 weeks in an attempt to treat endometriosis. I had to discontinue this medication because I gained five pounds of retained water weight over-night during my 2nd week. I woke up and my fingers and ankles were swollen. I started getting numbness and painful "pins and needles" in my right arm and right leg. I also was so tired, all I wanted to do was sleep. Co-workers even commented how tired I looked. I had mood swings and had periods where I was upset or wanted to cry over minor issues and couldn't understand why, yet I couldn't control it. The hormonal fluctuations played havoc with my emotional state.

August 31, 2009 10:04 PM

I've only been on Sprintec for a couple months but I noticed my depression has got worse. I'm tired all the time, dizzy and just want to cry. I got an yeast infection and my acne isn't clearing up. As far as my endometriosis. I can't tell if it has got any better.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2009 1:53 AM

Review by Megster:

I found out I had endometriosis a few months ago and before I went on birth control(Sprintec) I would be in such pain I wouldn't be able to get out of bed. It was horrible. When my OBGYN put me on this birth control the pain stopped and I was able to do a lot of things I wasn't able to before.

April 29, 2009 2:27 PM