User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I am 18 years old and I've been on Sprintec for probably 8 months now, and I have enjoyed it for the most part. At first it was rough, I felt very nauseous all the time, I actually missed school one day but around the 3rd month it's been pretty good. My periods start on the exact time and day & been good for not getting pregnant, not why I got on it but it comes in handy. I would recommend this and have to friends who want help reduce period pains. My flow is light and my cramps barely occur on the first day! It has been good to me!"

swagmoney February 8, 2016

"I never had any problems. Best one I've taken."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

"I just started this two weeks ago. I was having bad mood swings and missing periods so I was put on the pill. I have had good expierences so far. Only complaint is that my boobs hurt a lot. Like all the time. I can't tell if they are growing or just hurting. Also I've had some pains in my uterus but I believe it's bc the pill is doing all that nonsense thickening the walls and all that jazz. Everything is good!!! I haven't gotten my first period on it yet, I should next week. I'm really hoping my PMS won't be as bad on the pill as it was before"

tracey678 February 3, 2016

"The worst birth control. I have never felt more nauseous- I feel as if I am pregnant! I can't enjoy a glass of wine without throwing up. I'm sensitive to certain smells, I'm extremely bloated, and I gained 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I just started a new pack but am considering quitting it tomorrow and going to my doctor for a new one. Extremely frustrated over the side effects that I've experienced."

Dina H. February 3, 2016

"I started taking this bc pill a month and week ago. At first I just got nauseous then I started getting migraines which were intense and the depression was horrible I was so emotional over stupid things.I got my second pack and took it at 7pm woke up at 8am and felt fine but around 12 I felt bad .I was so weak I couldn't move and I was sweating and cold and my arm went numb and it felt like I had a hang over but worse. my eyes hurt also. I am getting off this pill and getting switched to a different kind. This was the first bc pill I've ever used."

Jess4741 January 28, 2016

"I've been on this BC pills since Aug. 2015 and since November 2015 I've had a period every month (twice in Nov.) I'm only supposed to have a period once every three months. For the last 20yrs. my periods have always lasted 5 maybe 6 days but since switching to Sprintec they are now more like 8 to 10 days long. But I'm not supposed to be having a period at all. I've seen three doctors who basically tell me it's normal, how? This is the only pill that has done this to me! It's put a strain on my relationship and I have officially stopped taking it as of yesterday. I'm going back to my doctors to get put on a different one."

Leena_D (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

"I've been on Sprintec for 9 months. I'm pretty satisfied with it now, but at first I had major side effects. The first month was awesome. Every thing went great! My period was so much lighter, but it lasted 6 days( which is not normal for me) After the first month, I started getting migraines. I got a yeast infection from it, which was hell. And for two months I was getting my periods twice a month. I haven't experienced any weight gain. My boobs haven't gotten bigger. And I haven't developed any mood swings or depression. I would recommend this product. It prevents pregnancy pretty well. And I get my period on time every time, and I like that. and it's affordable."

courtney1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2016

"I had no trouble with this medication for almost 2.5 years. However, I've developed negative side effects including: painful cramping for weeks at a time, bleeding between periods, stomach bloating, acne and breast pain."

poeticrain (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2016

"I'm 18 this is my first time using any method of bc and I'm half way through the 2nd week and as soon I started this it's been hell. I have stomach and back cramps 24/7 everytime I eat I want to vomit I've been very moody and feel more depressed than usual. I started birth control because I would have my period for 3 weeks straight and very heavy bleeding I'm not sure if sprintec is going to work for me but from what I've read the majority of the reviews seem to like this method, personally not a fan"

Holyfrijole_ (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

"I'm a healthy 26 yr old. I took Sronyx for about two or three months, which I had to stop due to the intense migraines it caused. I was then switched to Sprintec. I'm was on it for almost two years. I must say it was absolutely effective at preventing pregnancy. No scares. And even when I missed a day and had to double up (which only happened once or twice). For the first three months or more, I had no issues other than fatigue. Then the other side effects came. Acne, extremely dry skin, hair loss. I experienced a significant amount of weight gain, which I was unable to lose, even though I run and work out regularly. And I got mood swings and depression to the point of suicidal thoughts! I thought I was going crazy. But everyone is diff."

HelloItsMeErica (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2016

"I was switched to this from Loryna (generic Yaz) two months ago. I've been on some form of BC since age 19 to control horrible cramps and prevent ovarian cysts, and I'm 27 now. Hoped this pill would lessen the ovarian tenderness and stop the weight gain (40 lbs in one year!) I had while on Loryna. Well, I'm horribly gassy and have had diarrhea every day for going on three weeks now of my 2nd pack. It's clearing up my acne and sex drive is better by a smidge, but my period is a lot longer and heavier, rather than shorter and lighter like it was on Loryna. Cramps are much worse, too, and I feel tired all the time. The crazy appetite increase Loryna gave me hasn't changed, either. Calling my gyno today to see if I can switch."

magyar_boheme88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

"This was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I had a good experience with Sprintec with no symptoms at all, other than some bad breaking out during the first two months. My skin dramatically cleared up after the third month, only giving me a pimple or two during my period."

Yvetta December 27, 2015

"I started Sprintec at 15 to regulate my periods and as a birth control and have been on it for the past 4 years. During the first month I experienced mood swings and irritability, but by the 3rd month I was fine. It's eased my period symptoms (terrible cramping and fatigue) and proven highly effective as a birth control. I've recently experienced breakthrough bleeding from taking it inconsistently and am going to take a break from it. I definitely recommend this pill."

Joy19 December 27, 2015

"This pill has been effective as far as controlling any pregnancy, but since I have been taking it my sex drive has lessened and I've become moody more often. I feel mildly depressed most days and don't have much interest in anything at all. However, I have always been a very motivated person so have tried my best to still work myself out at the gym and do things i love. I feel more negative about things than positive. I am about to get off the pill and just give my body a break from any added hormones!"

SalsaSarah334 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2015

"Started taking sprintec specifically for birth control around 2 years ago. It was the first BC I've ever been on and I had always had a very predictable cycle. I would have intense cramping on the first day of my period but if I caught it early it was easily controlled with ibuprofen. Over the 2 years I've been on sprintec I have gotten more and more PMS symptoms. I get nausea as well as cramping, both stomach and back. The symptoms last longer and are more intense. The most concerning part to me is that I began having extreme anxiety and have now been diagnosed with OCD. I can't say that the BC is the cause but I do wonder if it has been contributing. Use with caution and monitor yourself."

KinCO (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 26, 2015

"Not bad. First started this when I was 17. I didn't like how it made my periods and cramps way worse but over the months it's calmed down. I did get some mood swings, I didn't gain weight but I always felt hungry, I would eat and then five minutes later feel like I'm starving. I always take the pill before bed so I didn't Notice any headaches or weird feelings. It did kill my sex drive though. I'm 22 now and I decided to try something else. As soon as I stopped the pills my sex drive came back so it's been great. I didn't get pregnant so it wasn't too bad."

Syortiz11 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2015

"As soon as a started my first pack of Sprintec, I immediately was having severe depression and mood swings. I am a healthy, fun loving, young girl who has little problems in life. This medication made me feel horrible about myself, and gave me a really negative outlook on daily activities. My boyfriend commented on my mood changes and obvious depression and lack of enthusiasm for activities I use to enjoy."

beach girl 96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2015

"I have been on this birth control for several months now. I was switched to it because my other birth control caused me to have anxiety attacks because of the hormones. This one is great, I have had absolutely no side effects. The only difference I have noticed in my body is that the skin on my face is very sensitive. I have gained no weight and my periods come on time every month and last about 4 days. Very happy."

Not Pregnant December 10, 2015

"I just finished my first month of being on the pill. I must say at first everything was going well. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit nervous trying this new method. I didn't have any cramping,nausea,fatigue, etc. Now that I'm at the end on the month I started my period (AGAIN) and I've been on for two weeks now. At first it started off as spotting so I didn't really care much (before being on this method my periods were horrible). Now going into my second week,the bleeding is heavier than expected. It sucks. I mean who wants to be on their period for two weeks and heavy bleeding at that. I guess there's no such thing as a perfect birth control method."

Vicky314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

"This was my first time on birth control. At the beginning typical symptoms occurred such as nausea and spotting, but after a couple of weeks these symptoms faded away. I didn't have a problem with acne before occasionally it will flare up when my period was about to come or stress, but I noticed that it has cleared up my face and my back significantly. I rate this birth control a 5 because even though it has helped preventing pregnancy and regulating my period, every month I would get a yeast infection. The yeast infection got so bad that my doctor had to prescribe medication for it to go away Monistat as a treatment was out of the question. I was on this pill for four months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

"First brand of birth control ever, was feeling iffy about it from the start since the doctor said it was a "very basic brand" to start me off with. A week in and I was getting a headache after every pill, along with nausea, bloating, spotting, and just a general feeling of being constantly hungover. Fortunately I was taking it at night but it would mean I would be like a zombie for the rest of the time. I'm only just finishing the first pack but I already called to get switched to another brand. Not a fan."

JeM3 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015

"DO NOT USE. I am 18 years old with no health problems what so ever, and I've never had any health problem. I was on sprintec for 3 months and I started getting very bad headaches Daily but I didn't think anything of them because I recently have tried to cut out my caffeine. Then I started getting blurry vision. I went for an eye exam because I've always worn glasses and they sent me to a specialist. Turns out I had papilledema, which was caused by a pseudo tumor. After having a mri, ct, weekly trips to the specialist and to the neurologist, we finally found our answers. DO NOT USE!!!!!!!"

Taylor___Shay December 1, 2015

"I guess it could have happened on any pill but I got pregnant using this product. My employer switched insurance providers and the forced me to switch my pills 6 months later I am almost 3 months pregnant. I guess it is a chance you take but I can't help but feel this pill is less effective, since I have been on the pill for over 8 years."

Daniellevb9 November 26, 2015

"I just finished my third pack of pills. Although I was skeptical about putting hormones into my body on a daily basis, this medication has worked out for me. I started it mainly because I was tired of the constant worries I have as i am very sexually active. Since starting the medication I have received the benefits of lighter/shorter/less painful periods, larger breasts, clearer skin, and no baby scares! I have also had the added benefit of slower facial hair growth (yay for less tweezing and waxing!). For myself, the negatives that come with this drug are the feelings of a slower metabolism/bloating (although I haven't gained weight), and huge decrease in my sex drive which I actually prefer because now I play it coy in dating ;)"

Feelingblue&22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2015

"I've been taking this for eight months, It has it pros and cons just like every other medicine! the pro is it clears your skin up beautifully, I get compliments all the time about how clear my skin is. It amazing when it comes to getting your period I used to have severe cramps I could never go to work, now when I get it I don't even realize i have it. But the cons is I feel super nauseous right after I take it for a couple hours to the verge where I wanna puke and the last eight months it's made me gain 10 pounds."

Sierra Ann November 18, 2015