Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 193 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Review by Sam A:

I have just a few days left from my first pack. I've tried almost everything, other pills, patch, depo, ring and this is by far the best BC for me. I've had no side effects!!! Best of all no spotting. I got my period yesterday and it's so light. I am getting the Mirena IUD next week because I'm a busy mom of 2 and don't like having to remember to take the pill every day at the same time but if the IUD doesn't work out I will for sure being going back to Sprintec :)

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 27, 2015 10:07 PM

Review by KweenK (taken for 1 to 6 months):

First month on this pill no weight gain so far . I have noticed that my appetite increased a tad start my second pack tomorrow period came on for 4 days this month and was heavy for 3 of the days. Walmart fills it for free with my insurance. Acne is slowly clearing up

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 2:58 PM

Review by KristenR:

I took Sprintec for 3 years, it was my first birth control. When I first got on it I had cramping for about a week and then it was fine. My periods came like clock work every month! I gained no weight and it helped stop my breakouts. Overall I have no complaints about this pill, until recently... Randomly I started bleeding. I had a period for about a month, give or take a few days when it would stop. Because of that I have now switched pills because I just need higher estrogen. This pill is great & I would recommend it to anyone!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been taking Sprintec for about 3 weeks, haven't even started my period pills yet. So far I am pleased with the results, I was getting the Depo shot before I switched to Sprintec. I switched because I never stopped bleeding on the Depo shot for almost a year I bled. So far, no side effects, no weight gain, no headaches or nausea, and I actually think it is helping clear what little acne I had.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 3:43 PM

Review by captain_trips (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I've been on Sprintec since I was 14 (now 19) and I love it. I used to have moderate-heavy bleeding for at least a week before I started taking it and now my periods are light-moderate for 3 or 4, sometimes 5 days. I normally get one pimple around the time of my cycle and that's it, although I never had much of a skin problem before starting the pill either. I'm extremely sensitive to emotional side effects of medicines, I've even had changes from asthma medicine in the past, but I didn't notice much noteworthy from taking this pill. No weight gain, no pregnancy scares, and reduced cramping. It's perfect.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2015 11:45 AM

Review by Jessica R. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've been on Sprintec since last August and it's been great! My breasts got larger and I haven't had any pregnancy scares. My period only lasts about three days and it's not heavy. I would recommend it.

April 8, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by Baileyy008:

I had bad experience with Trinessa so was scared to try another but this has been great. No side effects except breast tenderness first month but went away. After first pack, periods were on track. My moods have been great and no PMS mood swings. Also no weight gain or nausea and acne has finally stopped after years of struggle. That was main reason for this pill.

April 4, 2015 9:37 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been on the Sprintec birth control pill for about almost a month now, this is my first pack & once I'm done I won't be starting another one. It makes me feel so sick & I had two long periods a week apart & seven days each already this month.

March 28, 2015 11:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I just finished my first pack. I was so afraid since this was the first birth control pill I have ever been on. I was majorly concerned with gaining weight, but from what I see my appetite may have even decreased a little. I want to eat more often but I cannot eat nearly as much as I used to. My breasts already have grown about half a cup size bigger which I am okay with. Normally right before my period I would break out just a little and but this pill has eliminated almost all of my acne except for maybe one minor blemish here or there. I do feel a little more emotional but nothing so drastic that it would affect my relationship with others or mental state. Overall I am in love with this pill, no true negative side affects for me.

March 4, 2015 5:00 PM

Review by Maribellan:

I LOVE this birth control. It has helped with my mood swings and has cleared my skin dramatically. It has also given me one cup size, from C to D, awesome! I can definitely feel the difference when I get to the placebo week and how I get moody again because is a fake version of the pills. Once I go back to the first week, my hormones are balanced again. Nothing bad to say about these pills. Glad I decided to use try them! Will probably use them for life!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2015 9:34 PM

Review by Hleebaby:

I love this pill! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to remember and keep myself on track with the one pill a day but I set an alarm on my phone and have no problems, I've experienced a lot of weight gain (need to move up bra size, went up a size in jeans & shirts) but I'm happy about that because I was at 87lb in a month of taking it, I went to 102lb. My periods are light, I've never really had cramps so I can't say anything there.

February 16, 2015 9:28 PM

Review by Kourtnee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Sprintec for almost a month. I LOVE it! It has done nothing but it's job and more! I have struggled with anxiety, and severe depression in the past, and this is definitely a mood stabilizer for me. I rarely have to deal with anxiety anymore or depression. I am a lot happier and I haven't had really any bad side effects besides sometimes I get a little moody. I love Sprintec. First and last birth control I will ever try.

January 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Review by Taby35 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm about to start my third pill pack, and I love this birth control. Both months my period started the third day of the placebo pills. I have little to no side effects. Sometimes I feel a little nauseous, and my appetite has gone down. But the effectiveness is great! My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times without any other protection. The pill really does work, and I'm so thankful it's so reliable. I do take my pill right to the second at 1 o'clock everyday. My experience with Sprintec is wonderful, and I plan to stick with it as my birth control.

January 9, 2015 9:20 AM

Review by Jennyx3:

I've been on the pill for about a year now since I switched from the Depo shot. At first it was giving me headaches so I started to take it right before bed. My face has cleared up a lot with the occasional zit around my period. Period have become lighter with less cramps and my breasts have gotten fuller. The only thing that I have noticed is my sex drive isn't what it used to be, but it could just be me.

January 2, 2015 8:47 PM

Review by Danielle1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm getting married and was prescribed Sprintec as a form of birth control. The side effects seem to run the gamut from "it gave me terrific mood swings!" to "I was so sick!" I seem to be fortunate in that I experienced absolutely no negative side effects. My sex drive has increased slightly, but otherwise my body tolerates it extremely well.

December 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Review by JessyR93:

Before I had another birth control and my hormones was through the roof and made me depressed really bad.. I switched to this brand because lower dose of hormones. So far this brand is working for me! (NO Baby yet) I been using this for about half a year if not a year already. I had missed periods, very late periods, mild mood swings (nothing major) though. Acne pretty bad which I don't like about it. My appetite decreased major.. I lost so much weight because of it. (Even if I eat regularly) I'm 21 yrs old and was 123lbs now I'm 116.5lbs exact. My sex drive increased a little bit that I noticed but pretty much the same I think. Other than that this brand works for me.

December 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Review by TNP (taken for less than 1 month):

I absolutely love this birth control pill. I have a tubal ligation and I was prescribed birth control pills to help keep my cycles less painful and keep my cervix thin. I used to have very painful cycles to the point that I could not work on the 2nd day of my cycle. I was recently on the Junel birth control but I continued to spot for 5 months and that was sooooooooo aggravating. I was very hesitant about starting a new birth control because my body had to get used to another pill but my doctor told me I had to be on some type to keep my cervix thin. So I decided to follow her advice and it worked instantly. I had to continue to take my Junel and then start on Sprintec pills the following week. This is a lifesaver and I finally feel great.

December 14, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Pewie:

I've been on Sprintec for 5 years now. Overall pretty good. No pregnancies, keeps acne at bay, periods only last ~4 days when it used to be heavy flow for 7 days without birth control (plus, can predict what time it will come; mine starts between 3-7 pm every first day of period). My breasts also went up 1.5 cup sizes. The only down side for me would be extreme mood swings (mad, sad, crying for no reason... But only towards my husband lol!) during period, breast tenderness (near and during period time), occasional nausea. After 5 months of use, I tried skipped the series of white pills and went straight into the next pack in hopes of not getting my period for that month... went terribly. Bled/ spotted for the next 30 days.

December 12, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by frenchie10 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm on my 2nd pack of Sprintec and the biggest side effect I have gotten is bad acne around my jaw line and chin, cystic acne. I've had to use Proactive so it wouldn't get worse. More headaches and body pain. My period was a little heavier and more painful then when I was on Minastrin 24. My period came 2 days earlier then before. I'm not sure about weight gain yet but Minastrin was terrible, I gained about 15 pounds.

December 10, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by Masca (taken for less than 1 month):

After my doctor diagnosed me with CAH three weeks ago he put me on this birth control to help regulate my periods. I have been experiencing cramps on and off (like period cramps). Extreme breast tenderness and swelling. Diarrhea, nausea (without vomiting). Mood swings, sex drive is the same but have a very hard time reaching satisfaction, and my skin is very clear. Going to continue on this pill to see if in time side effects will decrease.

December 9, 2014 10:49 PM

Review by Happy with Sprintec (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Been on Sprintec for about 9 months now. So far so good! No nausea, no acne, no weight gain, no baby. What more can you ask for from a birth control pill?

December 3, 2014 3:52 PM

I took Sprintec for 4 months and it was a fine and dandy birth control for pain with cramps, but I couldn't take the cystic acne it brought on. I never had acne before. The tenderness in the breasts was also quite bothersome. Other than that, good pill, but too much acne.

November 30, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by Mayleen35 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been on the pill for 4 days and so far, no side effects. My period is still normal and I feel great. This is the first type of birth control I've tried, and I'm really happy with it.

November 22, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Jessie235:

I've been on Sprintec for about 6 months now and my face and weight are normal. I was on Lo Loestrin before this, and it messed up my mood so much, made me breakout, gain weight, all the worst possible things. The only thing with Sprintec, I never had cramps before birth control but now I have cramps. Also the period is super heavy but only lasts 4-5 days, so its a trade-off and at least its regular (I started birth control because my period wouldn't stop).

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 1:10 PM

Review by MHC124:

I have been taking this birth control for about three weeks. It has given me a bit more acne than I normally have, but the biggest thing that has been a problem for me is the nauseous feeling that comes with it. I take my pill every night at 9pm. Within an hour of doing so I always feel like I could throw up. I haven't done that so far, but the feeling is so bad it makes me gag. I still feel nauseous the next day well into 4 or 5pm. It seems to die off around then and then shows back up after I've taken the next pill. I have also experienced breast soreness, not too bad, but definitely enough to take notice of. Rather than the nausea feeling, it seems to be an okay birth control, so far I'm not pregnant.

November 17, 2014 2:56 PM