User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Review by Hleebaby:

I love this pill! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to remember and keep myself on track with the one pill a day but I set an alarm on my phone and have no problems, I've experienced a lot of weight gain (need to move up bra size, went up a size in jeans & shirts) but I'm happy about that because I was at 87lb in a month of taking it, I went to 102lb. My periods are light, I've never really had cramps so I can't say anything there.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 9:28 PM

Review by Kourtnee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Sprintec for almost a month. I LOVE it! It has done nothing but it's job and more! I have struggled with anxiety, and severe depression in the past, and this is definitely a mood stabilizer for me. I rarely have to deal with anxiety anymore or depression. I am a lot happier and I haven't had really any bad side effects besides sometimes I get a little moody. I love Sprintec. First and last birth control I will ever try.

January 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Review by Taby35 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm about to start my third pill pack, and I love this birth control. Both months my period started the third day of the placebo pills. I have little to no side effects. Sometimes I feel a little nauseous, and my appetite has gone down. But the effectiveness is great! My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times without any other protection. The pill really does work, and I'm so thankful it's so reliable. I do take my pill right to the second at 1 o'clock everyday. My experience with Sprintec is wonderful, and I plan to stick with it as my birth control.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 9:20 AM

Review by Jennyx3:

I've been on the pill for about a year now since I switched from the Depo shot. At first it was giving me headaches so I started to take it right before bed. My face has cleared up a lot with the occasional zit around my period. Period have become lighter with less cramps and my breasts have gotten fuller. The only thing that I have noticed is my sex drive isn't what it used to be, but it could just be me.

January 2, 2015 8:47 PM

Review by Danielle1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm getting married and was prescribed Sprintec as a form of birth control. The side effects seem to run the gamut from "it gave me terrific mood swings!" to "I was so sick!" I seem to be fortunate in that I experienced absolutely no negative side effects. My sex drive has increased slightly, but otherwise my body tolerates it extremely well.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Review by JessyR93:

Before I had another birth control and my hormones was through the roof and made me depressed really bad.. I switched to this brand because lower dose of hormones. So far this brand is working for me! (NO Baby yet) I been using this for about half a year if not a year already. I had missed periods, very late periods, mild mood swings (nothing major) though. Acne pretty bad which I don't like about it. My appetite decreased major.. I lost so much weight because of it. (Even if I eat regularly) I'm 21 yrs old and was 123lbs now I'm 116.5lbs exact. My sex drive increased a little bit that I noticed but pretty much the same I think. Other than that this brand works for me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Review by TNP (taken for less than 1 month):

I absolutely love this birth control pill. I have a tubal ligation and I was prescribed birth control pills to help keep my cycles less painful and keep my cervix thin. I used to have very painful cycles to the point that I could not work on the 2nd day of my cycle. I was recently on the Junel birth control but I continued to spot for 5 months and that was sooooooooo aggravating. I was very hesitant about starting a new birth control because my body had to get used to another pill but my doctor told me I had to be on some type to keep my cervix thin. So I decided to follow her advice and it worked instantly. I had to continue to take my Junel and then start on Sprintec pills the following week. This is a lifesaver and I finally feel great.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Pewie:

I've been on Sprintec for 5 years now. Overall pretty good. No pregnancies, keeps acne at bay, periods only last ~4 days when it used to be heavy flow for 7 days without birth control (plus, can predict what time it will come; mine starts between 3-7 pm every first day of period). My breasts also went up 1.5 cup sizes. The only down side for me would be extreme mood swings (mad, sad, crying for no reason... But only towards my husband lol!) during period, breast tenderness (near and during period time), occasional nausea. After 5 months of use, I tried skipped the series of white pills and went straight into the next pack in hopes of not getting my period for that month... went terribly. Bled/ spotted for the next 30 days.

December 12, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by frenchie10 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm on my 2nd pack of Sprintec and the biggest side effect I have gotten is bad acne around my jaw line and chin, cystic acne. I've had to use Proactive so it wouldn't get worse. More headaches and body pain. My period was a little heavier and more painful then when I was on Minastrin 24. My period came 2 days earlier then before. I'm not sure about weight gain yet but Minastrin was terrible, I gained about 15 pounds.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by Masca (taken for less than 1 month):

After my doctor diagnosed me with CAH three weeks ago he put me on this birth control to help regulate my periods. I have been experiencing cramps on and off (like period cramps). Extreme breast tenderness and swelling. Diarrhea, nausea (without vomiting). Mood swings, sex drive is the same but have a very hard time reaching satisfaction, and my skin is very clear. Going to continue on this pill to see if in time side effects will decrease.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 10:49 PM

Review by Happy with Sprintec (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Been on Sprintec for about 9 months now. So far so good! No nausea, no acne, no weight gain, no baby. What more can you ask for from a birth control pill?

December 3, 2014 3:52 PM

I took Sprintec for 4 months and it was a fine and dandy birth control for pain with cramps, but I couldn't take the cystic acne it brought on. I never had acne before. The tenderness in the breasts was also quite bothersome. Other than that, good pill, but too much acne.

November 30, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by Mayleen35 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been on the pill for 4 days and so far, no side effects. My period is still normal and I feel great. This is the first type of birth control I've tried, and I'm really happy with it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Jessie235:

I've been on Sprintec for about 6 months now and my face and weight are normal. I was on Lo Loestrin before this, and it messed up my mood so much, made me breakout, gain weight, all the worst possible things. The only thing with Sprintec, I never had cramps before birth control but now I have cramps. Also the period is super heavy but only lasts 4-5 days, so its a trade-off and at least its regular (I started birth control because my period wouldn't stop).

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 1:10 PM

Review by MHC124:

I have been taking this birth control for about three weeks. It has given me a bit more acne than I normally have, but the biggest thing that has been a problem for me is the nauseous feeling that comes with it. I take my pill every night at 9pm. Within an hour of doing so I always feel like I could throw up. I haven't done that so far, but the feeling is so bad it makes me gag. I still feel nauseous the next day well into 4 or 5pm. It seems to die off around then and then shows back up after I've taken the next pill. I have also experienced breast soreness, not too bad, but definitely enough to take notice of. Rather than the nausea feeling, it seems to be an okay birth control, so far I'm not pregnant.

November 17, 2014 2:56 PM

Review by Brianna2013:

I've been taking Sprintec for about 10 months. On the plus side- my face is very clear and my sex drive is normal; I also have very predictable, light and short periods. On the negative side, I experience PMS-like symptoms on the last two weeks of active pills... Bloating, cramps, swelling of breasts; etc. My appetite has increased considerably but I've had no major weight gain. Overall I'm happy with Sprintec, would definitely recommend!

November 17, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by Hippolyta (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've been on Sprintec for 2 years and I love it. At first I was on Beyaz, and that was awful, so my gyno switched me to this and I'm glad she did. I have virtually no acne. Beyaz made me gain at least 15 pounds, and I've slimmed down since taking this, but not by much. My breasts only become sore around the time of my period. My period always comes the same day of the week, and I haven't had any pregnancy scares. One of the best things about it is that with my health insurance there's no copay (Beyaz had a copay of $40). I used to have a lot of vaginal discharge and Sprintec has substantially minimized it. My sex drive is through the roof, but my appetite hasn't been affected as far as I can tell. No complaints!

October 31, 2014 8:35 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I've been taking this birth control for 5 years and love it. I never had any side effects. I took Loestrin first and hated it, bad mood swings and increased appetite so I immediately switched to Sprintec and was completely happy. I recently had to switch to a new pill due to spotting between periods.

October 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've taken Sprintec for nearly three years now, and I love it. I have an incredibly predictable and easy period every month. Also, it has cleared my skin of acne noticeably well. I have never experienced any weight gain while on this pill either. However, something my boyfriend I both have noticed is that my sex drive has increased quite a bit, especially during the first couple months of taking!

October 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by Mytilludie:

My doctor gave me this to try for three months. I couldn't get through the second month of it because it made me feel like puking constantly. Not the best feeling during finals tests.

October 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Review by j15mendoza:

I started taking Sprintec to avoid pregnancy and regulate my periods. I finished 2 packs already and I just started my third this week. I started the pack two weeks after my period and I did get my period 2 weeks late but it was super heavy the first two days and I have really bad cramps. I got my period late again last month but that was my fault for not keeping up with my pills and my period wasn't as bad this time. It's the third month and now I noticed that I gained weight but not a dramatic amount and I have gone up a size in my bra cup and my underwear and jeans. I do tend to get moodier than what I used to but it's not as dramatic. That's only been about 3x. My sex drive has not changed. It might have even increased a bit. I'm 19.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by kayvee123:

I've been on Sprintec for years now. Never had any issues, no pregnancy scares and no side effects. My skin is pretty normal and my weight issues have to do more with me stuffing my face with cookies and ice cream than due to birth control.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Review by Jessyy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is a great birth control and also has a couple bad side effects I possibly have arthritis in my knee I only noticed shortly after starting this pill. I'm going to the doctor in a couple days to find out what is actually wrong so this pill might not have anything to do with it. The worst side effect is I cry and get upset almost everyday. I have extreme mood swings however my body and face is beautiful and better than ever sex drive is pretty high and great for me. My breasts look fantastic, have grown at least 1 cup size. I don't think I've had weight gain. I have a small flat belly and have only gained weight in the parts a girl would want, my boyfriend loves my body more than ever!

September 19, 2014 11:49 PM

Review by first time user (taken for 1 to 6 months):

So I just finished my first month and was TERRIFIED of this birth control after reading the reviews before I started. And honestly I have had zero side effects other than clearer skin and I've actually lost weight rather than gained weight (not sure if it's totally related to the pill or not) and my breasts have been a little sore but not unbearable so don't think too much about the reviews, and try it before you assume you'll be overly emotional and gain weight, it'll just vary but for me this has been awesome so far!

September 9, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by Mkaykaykay (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm almost onto my 3rd week of this medication & so far I'm completely almost satisfied with it. It does leave tonnes of breast soreness I NEVER had before. But it did relieve my cramps and heavy bleeding, which is the reason I started taking it. No weight gain or breast growth though!

September 3, 2014 6:54 PM