User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Review Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 208 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I been on sprintec for about it 3 months and its works good. But I hate the cramps I get when I'm on my period. I recommend it for anybody who needs a good birth control."

codys girlfriend May 23, 2015

"I been on it for about 5 years now its been good but lately each time I take it I feel like throwing up. I am wondering if I should switch. I do recommend it but watch your side effects as years are passing."

Juhf May 21, 2015

"I've been in this BC for about 8 months now. And it is perfect ! I take my pills everyday at the SAME time. I've gained a couple pounds but not to many. No pain or blooding. My cycle comes the same time every month. Very light for about 3-5 days. I have experienced a lil nausea after taking my pills if I hadn't eaten yet. So I recommend eating and staying hydrated with this BC. But over all I think this is a very good BC for anyone. No major side effects. I really recommend !!"

Te_te May 20, 2015

"I been on sprintec for about 3 weeks and it works great and my period is reg. I have not been sick or had any negative side effects at all. But, my acne have been clearing up, decrease of appetite, and a little moody for the first four hours after I taken the pill. I love this birth control since the ring made me really sick, gain weight, intense headaches, and made me bleed for two months straight at a time. I would recommend that you eat something before taking the pill to avoid headaches. Other than that it isn't all bad for me. I think everyone need to experience it for themselves instead of believing everything you hear or read because every experience is different. I had read over half of these reviews before I decided to take sprinte"

bright star 3456 May 14, 2015

"Honestly I absolutely love it!!! Its the only pills that have worked for me"

Ejkfhkthduylg; May 13, 2015

"I hate it. It has honestly made me crazy. Do not recommend it at ALL."

D Marie May 7, 2015

"Pro's -Regular cycle -No Cramps -No Acne (other than a couple bumps a month) -decreased period strength Cons -Morning Sickness (Felt nauseous anytime I had an empty stomach) -Decreased sex drive -Painful sex (unless there was a lot of foreplay) -Remembering to take a pill on time, if you didn't your period could last 2 weeks Notes -Period would start the 3 days after taking the white pills."

Lisa Nena April 29, 2015

"I have just a few days left from my first pack. I've tried almost everything, other pills, patch, depo, ring and this is by far the best BC for me. I've had no side effects!!! Best of all no spotting. I got my period yesterday and it's so light. I am getting the Mirena IUD next week because I'm a busy mom of 2 and don't like having to remember to take the pill every day at the same time but if the IUD doesn't work out I will for sure being going back to Sprintec :)"

Sam A April 27, 2015

"First month on this pill no weight gain so far . I have noticed that my appetite increased a tad start my second pack tomorrow period came on for 4 days this month and was heavy for 3 of the days. Walmart fills it for free with my insurance. Acne is slowly clearing up"

KweenK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2015

"I took Sprintec for 3 years, it was my first birth control. When I first got on it I had cramping for about a week and then it was fine. My periods came like clock work every month! I gained no weight and it helped stop my breakouts. Overall I have no complaints about this pill, until recently... Randomly I started bleeding. I had a period for about a month, give or take a few days when it would stop. Because of that I have now switched pills because I just need higher estrogen. This pill is great & I would recommend it to anyone!"

KristenR April 17, 2015

"I have been taking Sprintec for about 3 weeks, haven't even started my period pills yet. So far I am pleased with the results, I was getting the Depo shot before I switched to Sprintec. I switched because I never stopped bleeding on the Depo shot for almost a year I bled. So far, no side effects, no weight gain, no headaches or nausea, and I actually think it is helping clear what little acne I had."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

"I've been on Sprintec since I was 14 (now 19) and I love it. I used to have moderate-heavy bleeding for at least a week before I started taking it and now my periods are light-moderate for 3 or 4, sometimes 5 days. I normally get one pimple around the time of my cycle and that's it, although I never had much of a skin problem before starting the pill either. I'm extremely sensitive to emotional side effects of medicines, I've even had changes from asthma medicine in the past, but I didn't notice much noteworthy from taking this pill. No weight gain, no pregnancy scares, and reduced cramping. It's perfect."

captain_trips (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 9, 2015

"I've been on Sprintec since last August and it's been great! My breasts got larger and I haven't had any pregnancy scares. My period only lasts about three days and it's not heavy. I would recommend it."

Jessica R. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2015

"So I've been on other birth control pills before but this one definitely has some side effects I didn't experience before. I've become more moody, losing weight (which for me isn't a plus because I'm trying to gain weight lol ) and has my face breaking out. Its only been 2 weeks so I'm going to see how this works for the next month or so just to see if there will be any changes. But just keep in mind EVERYONE BODY TAKES THINGS DIFFERENTLY. So yes some of these reviews are good but you won't know unless you personally try."

fudgeSM (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

"I had bad experience with Trinessa so was scared to try another but this has been great. No side effects except breast tenderness first month but went away. After first pack, periods were on track. My moods have been great and no PMS mood swings. Also no weight gain or nausea and acne has finally stopped after years of struggle. That was main reason for this pill."

Baileyy008 April 4, 2015

"I'm 20 and I'm on my second pack with Sprintec. I recently had a baby in January so I needed birth control considering I was still going to be sexually active. Doctor told me to try this because I suffered with terrible acne. My face is the clearest it's ever been! Pores are smaller, acne scars are fading and everything. BUT I've recently been feeling nauseous on and off during the day along with diarrhea. I'm going to continue taking it in hopes that these side effects will chill out. Along with that, my period came as expected once it was time to take the "reminder pills". I did have a heavier period that only lasted 5-4 days though. Inexpensive and does its job."

missemyshell (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2015

"I have been on the Sprintec birth control pill for about almost a month now, this is my first pack & once I'm done I won't be starting another one. It makes me feel so sick & I had two long periods a week apart & seven days each already this month."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

"I have been on Sprintec for 9 months (switched from Generess Fe). For the entire first month I experienced horrible stomach cramps, extreme bloating to where my lower abdomen felt like a rock hard balloon, headaches (I never get headaches) as well as dizziness. I called my doctor after two weeks and told her I couldn't handle it. She told me to finish out the month to give my body a chance to regulate. After that initial month, I have had absolutely no symptoms. My sex drive has been back to normal and my personality is happy and normal again since switching to Sprintec! Also, my periods are regular and I have very minimal bleeding, cramping, etc. Over all, I would recommend this pill."

Two Thumbs Up (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 25, 2015

"I've been taking Sprintec for 3 months now. I have experienced some side affects. My hormones were unstable so my body had to adjust. When I start a new pack I notice I become sensitive and cry over anything. My periods are lighter. I have not gained weight. My breast have not gotten fuller. I notice I do get nauseous sometimes but rarely. But the beginning was horrible. This is the first birth control I've ever taken so my body was not used to the hormones and had to re-adjust (I'm guessing), I would have major mood swings, cry for everything and get really nauseous. Not sure how my boyfriend handled me when I first started taking the pills. But they are super effective and I rarely get mood swings."

Pretty good. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2015

"I just finished my first pack. I was so afraid since this was the first birth control pill I have ever been on. I was majorly concerned with gaining weight, but from what I see my appetite may have even decreased a little. I want to eat more often but I cannot eat nearly as much as I used to. My breasts already have grown about half a cup size bigger which I am okay with. Normally right before my period I would break out just a little and but this pill has eliminated almost all of my acne except for maybe one minor blemish here or there. I do feel a little more emotional but nothing so drastic that it would affect my relationship with others or mental state. Overall I am in love with this pill, no true negative side affects for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2015

"I LOVE this birth control. It has helped with my mood swings and has cleared my skin dramatically. It has also given me one cup size, from C to D, awesome! I can definitely feel the difference when I get to the placebo week and how I get moody again because is a fake version of the pills. Once I go back to the first week, my hormones are balanced again. Nothing bad to say about these pills. Glad I decided to use try them! Will probably use them for life!"

Maribellan March 3, 2015

"I love this pill! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to remember and keep myself on track with the one pill a day but I set an alarm on my phone and have no problems, I've experienced a lot of weight gain (need to move up bra size, went up a size in jeans & shirts) but I'm happy about that because I was at 87lb in a month of taking it, I went to 102lb. My periods are light, I've never really had cramps so I can't say anything there."

Hleebaby February 16, 2015

"I have been on Sprintec for almost a month. I LOVE it! It has done nothing but it's job and more! I have struggled with anxiety, and severe depression in the past, and this is definitely a mood stabilizer for me. I rarely have to deal with anxiety anymore or depression. I am a lot happier and I haven't had really any bad side effects besides sometimes I get a little moody. I love Sprintec. First and last birth control I will ever try."

Kourtnee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2015

"I'm about to start my third pill pack, and I love this birth control. Both months my period started the third day of the placebo pills. I have little to no side effects. Sometimes I feel a little nauseous, and my appetite has gone down. But the effectiveness is great! My boyfriend and I have had sex a few times without any other protection. The pill really does work, and I'm so thankful it's so reliable. I do take my pill right to the second at 1 o'clock everyday. My experience with Sprintec is wonderful, and I plan to stick with it as my birth control."

Taby35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2015

"I've been on the pill for about a year now since I switched from the Depo shot. At first it was giving me headaches so I started to take it right before bed. My face has cleared up a lot with the occasional zit around my period. Period have become lighter with less cramps and my breasts have gotten fuller. The only thing that I have noticed is my sex drive isn't what it used to be, but it could just be me."

Jennyx3 January 2, 2015