User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"This is my 2nd month on Sprintec and it's been working well for me. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo prior and my mood swings and emotions were out of control. I do still get a bit nauseous at the beginning of the pack, but it may be because I take my pill early in the morning (have a good meal before you take it) it has also helped calm down my cystic acne. (I'm 25 and I've never had acne before until a couple of months ago due to stress at work) Most importantly, this does work for prevention of pregnancy! I have unprotected sex with my partner 2-3x a week. Remember to get enough rest, eat well and exercise even if you feel super lazy and tired. It's the hormones!"

SallyThatGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2016

"I have used this medication for about a year now. I have had migraines, but I have them in my genetics so I am not blaming the pill! As far as I know, it has been 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. I have not had a baby grow inside of me lol. My periods have gotten lighter and the start on about the Wednesday of the placebo pill week. I just chalk this up to when I used to be on Minastrin and that's when my period used to start on that pill. So all in all, I love it. Safe, free with my insurance, great option."

jenileesmith16 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

"Due to new insurance, I switched form Ortho-Cyclen to Sprintec in March (starting my third pack of Sprintec now). I noticed a pretty significant change in my mood/attitude: I have a lack of motivation, increased feelings of sadness, and my energy level is lower than it ever has been. In the first month of taking Sprintec, I had a breakouts of acne, more than I usually had. However, this seemed to clear up and has not been a problem the last couple weeks. I'm hoping that my body is just getting used to the new pill and that everything will balance out and my mood will return to normal. Other than that, the pill does what it is supposed to!"

nicole_133 May 15, 2016

"I found that so far, this birth control has been right for me. I think the key is taking it as soon as you wake up (easiest for me since I'm up at the same time daily). I did notice that I had a break out during this first month. Seemed to have eased my cramps when it came to my period. I still don't have unprotected sex , so I'm not sure of its effectiveness against pregnancy within my body. It's cheap. That's a huge plus, 8 dollars a month with my insurance. I also notice that it made my breasts hurt tremendously during the first few weeks . There are some side effects that come with this medication but I can deal with that instead of worrying about pregnancy. I would recommend others trying it just to see how it works with your body :)"

Raisingkayne May 10, 2016

"I took Sprintec for two weeks and couldn't stand the side effects any longer. They seemed to help me get a grip on my hormone levels but I became overly depressed and for two nights, sat awake and contemplated suicide. I cried for an entire night. I discontinued Sprintec the next day and haven't had the severe depression or suicidal thoughts. Never ever again will I take Sprintec. The side effects are NOT worth it!"

LaurenCB May 6, 2016

"I was switched to this after about 9 months of Mononessa. I didn't ask to switch it just happened. Anyways, I did not experience any side effects at all. My only small complaint is that my period doesn't start until mid-late Wednesday and it's just inconvenient because on Mononessa it start Monday night or Tuesday morning so I freak out a little bit over that. I do think it made my cramps less intense and my period lighter. It still lasts about 6 days although the last two days are almost nothing. I was afraid to switch but it wasn't bad so if you're in my shoes, think positively!"

hereismyname May 1, 2016

"I have taken Sprintec tablets for 3 years and never had a problem. Beginning of March I found out I was 2 months pregnant while still taking sprintec and never missed a pill same time every night. so in 8 months I will have another child....."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2016

"I've been taking birth control pills for 15 years and SPRINTEC is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I'm from Latin America and I used to take DIANE-35, that has very low hormone component, controls acne, reduce PMS symptoms and causes shorter periods, but is not available in the US. I started taking SPRINTEC 5 months ago because a have no insurance here and I feel so terrible now, dizzy, no energy, headaches. Please don't take this pill if you have insurance or a better option!"

Kattyboom April 15, 2016

"In the first 2 weeks of taking these I gained 5 lbs easy. It might just be water weight (I have read that, that is normal) but it is definitely noticeable! In addition to the gained weight I am nauseous ALL THE TIME and have constant headaches. I am a freakishly healthy eater, I exercise 6 days a weeks and all this has stayed the same. The only thing that I have changed in my routine is the inclusion of this medication. After reading about the experiences of others that are similar to mine I'm going off of it ASAP."

Kathy 48484799263 April 14, 2016

"I was on lo loestrin fe then had to get off for a month because of health insurance mishap. I got on Sprintec because it is so much cheaper and it is SO much better! I have a history with depression and this has not caused any problem at all. In fact I've not even had a headache or any stomach pain. I highly recommend this."

Sally1245670 April 6, 2016

"I have taken many different birth controls during my 20s but this is by far the worse. It took reading this site to realize how bad this medicine is for my body. Been on it for 3 months now. I have developed bad acne, have horrible headaches everyday and my periods have gotten so bad I'm pretty much on bed rest the whole time. The cramps have me doubling over and feeling as if I may vomit. My period is so heavy it is making my anemia worse and I get lightheaded often. I'm sure it works just fine for some women but I am currently in the fetus position trying to ride this out and will not take again."

Suzieq2913 April 4, 2016

"Sprintec was the first birth control that I started taking when I was 17. I immediately got cystic back acne (like really bad) a month after taking it. I didn't think anything of it, so I just continued to take it and I thought that the back acne was a new thing for me. Sprintec gave me my boobs, I had nothing before and I am now a 36c. Though, I have also gained about 30 pounds since I started taking this four years ago (most of the weight gain I contribute to my laziness and poor eating and just growing). Four years later, my cystic acne is still horrible, I have scars like crazy on my back. Recently, I have been feeling not depressed but not happy and I started spotting like every day. I just switched over to Tri-Sprintec to hopefully help."

kt8150 April 1, 2016

"In my experience this is terrible. I'm only almost done with my third week and I'm having the worst ovary pains and migraines. I got on it because the doctor told me it would prevent cysts because I've had a cyst that covered my whole ovary and wanted something to prevent that from happening again. Well, I'm having the same exact pain when I had a cyst but the stabbing pain is more often. I've never had trouble with head aches or migraines until now.. My whole expience has been terrible."

Emily Renee April 1, 2016

"I've now been taking these pills for almost a full 4 weeks. Still working 100%. Aka still no baby growing inside me. Still no side effects. Love them, and so cheap. Perfect."

Lovetheoutdoors24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

"I have been on this pill for 8 months and so far i have nothing to Say to but positive things. The only bad side effect is that my appetite has decreased but I have not lost any weight or increased weight. My skin is actually very clear and the most important, no mood swings or depreassion if anything this pill keeps me very calm. However I used to drink a lot of caffeine but I notice that after taking this pill whenever I drink coffee I get very anxious and get mood swings so I decided to cut on the coffeine but I still feel great."

Star1221 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2016

"Can't say enough bad about this medication. Aside from the really severe, dangerous side effects like blood clots, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Severe anxiety, constant bloating and constipation, hemorrhoids, insomnia, etc. I was prescribed xanax after the first month to use so I might be able to sleep and just try get through the day and see if I could make it past the three month mark. Second month was also hell. The anxiety was better because I was hyped on sedatives but my digestive system was a wreck. By the time I got to the doctor she told me to stop using the medication immediately. Already doing significantly better. I can eat and I'm not terrified all the time."

BTH1 March 24, 2016

"Started on my 3rd week in my first pack. I'm on it to "trick my body" to make hormones to get pregnant. Dr. Recommends for 3 months. I take it at night. I am having really bad abdomen pain. I'm wondering if I have a cyst on my ovary now. Will update in two months."

Mrsbrown061414 March 24, 2016

"I'm on first package. I lost a baby 2 months ago so I'm on these pills while I make up my mind about having another baby. All is great but one night I forgot to take the pill and my mood did changed. Also my appetite has lower I had lost 5 lbs in a few weeks. Be aware of your emotions and you will do fine."

Omaha8877474 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

"ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! I was hospitalized for a SEVERE migraine that has lasted a whole month now! Sooo irritable, sharp ovary pain, so much blood, don't waste your time! Disgusting excuse for birth control! DISGUSTING!"

Zara94 March 18, 2016

"This pill was horrible. I was only on it for about 3 months but I was extremely moody, had constant headaches, weight gain(about 30 pounds), heavy bleeding, and very painful cramps."

Kay1579 March 16, 2016

"Just started so what I'm experiencing may change after some time (I hope) but I began bleeding the next day of taking sprintec and I'm still bleeding now. Ok fine maybe because it's new but I'm also nauseous EVERYDAY right after I eat or drink ANYTHING (it's helping me loose weight because I can't keep much down) also now I have acne like I've never had acne. I'm easily depressed then I'm super happy like it's confusing. This is not kool but like I said it is still new for me so I'm going to give it time. My GYN days after 3 months it should be better"

Ms briwn (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"I'm 17, and this was my second bc that I was put on. My first one made me spot for weeks on end, so I was switched. I started taking this one two months ago and I HATE IT. I am a person that typically has a strong stomach, however this birth control makes me have the worst migraines and I start feeling nauseous everyday around 1pm. Because of this, I have lost 15 pounds which its fine with me, but it's annoying to never have the desire to eat. Other than that, my periods have been on the heavier side, but no mood swings or acne flare ups. Defiantly going to be switched again!!"

Sabrina Davis March 10, 2016

"I've been on this pill for almost a year now. It's the first BC I've ever tried. Didn't have any problems until lately, mainly just nausea and sore breasts. One thing I've noticed is that it makes my PMS really bad. I've never gotten bad mood swings before, but I have been lately. I've forgotten once or twice, and haven't gotten pregnant so it's definitely working. The side effects are catching up to me though."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2016

"I've only been on this form of birth control for less than 2 weeks, but so far so good! It's my first form of the pill I've taken and I feel just normal as ever! Only it's nice to not have to worry about creating a little human all the time, since I am very sexually active, being married and all. I take it at 8 am every day. I wanted to add this because lots of reviews on here say they take it at night and feel horrible all night or next morning. So maybe that's because they take it at night? Of course I don't know. But they say not to take this pill on bed rest or anything, so maybe. I'll keep ya'll updated if anything bad happens. But so far I'm lovin it!"

Lovetheoutdoors24 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

"I've been on this for almost a year. Started out perfect. Shorter periods, no symptoms or pms. The last two months have been a nightmare. I've had major depression and anxiety and awful pms. When I stop taking it for the week I have my period I feel anxious, depressed, moody and emotional. Almost like my body is going through withdrawals from it. Doctor put me on anti depressants but after reading these reviews I think this bc is causing it. Everyone is different, my friend has been on it for years and no issues but I don't like it at all."

Kenzie Fishero March 6, 2016