User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen.

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

"I went through a number of birth control pills and even had the implanon, each one gave me some sort of side effect (mostly horrible mood swings, terrible breakthrough needing and depression) I started taking this pill a couple months after I had my daughter and it worked great for me. But as soon as my prescription ran out and I had to wait a few days to get back on schedule, I just kept bleeding. It's been going on for two weeks now and I'm still bleeding today, IDK what to do about this I'm so frustrated because this has been the only pill that hasn't severely altered my hormones until recently. Should I continue the usage and wait it out a but longer? Really don't want to be pregnant again. "

Lillya07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 17, 2016

"Last year or so I was having constant spotting and so I went to the Dr. and was put on different birth control pills, none of which helped with the spotting until this one. I've had no spotting whatsoever on this one and I've been on it for 9 months or so and my periods only last about 3-4 days which is nice. I've also stopped getting bad cramps which were horrendous prior to birth control. My acne has cleared up expect for the occasional spot but only once a month or so. I have not experienced any weight gain either, however I do notice some slight mood changes but it's nothing that is uncontrollable. I would recommend."

MJade29 December 12, 2014

"I experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding with this birth control"

janiece (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2013

"Started taking at age 16 for irregular periods. Used for approximately 2 1/2 years and wanted to try NuvaRing. Used it for about 4 months and switched back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. It wasn't long before I was spotting in between periods and finally switched after several months of that."

Anonymous August 27, 2010