User Reviews for Ortho Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Cyclen.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 160 medications

Birth Control 30 reviews 275 medications

8.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 2 reviews 55 medications

5.5
Summary of Ortho Cyclen reviews 35 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ortho Cyclen

For Birth Control "I been on this birth control for 7 years now. It did it's part. For that 7 years, it never failed me and haven't got pregnant on it. The most undesirable side effect it had on me was the tremendous weight gain. I ran out of my pills 2 days ago but I decided not to get anymore because my boyfriend and I are trying to start a family."

Babygirl721 February 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this for about 4 years. I decided to finally get off because my mood swings were getting worse. This pill caused me to become severely depressed and developed extreme social anxiety. It was effective as a birth control but the side effects aren't worth it. I've been off it for a few months and feel so much better! Not depressed anymore and anxiety is finally getting better. Be mindful of your moods of you do decide to try this."

Liz1992 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started my first pack and I like it so far. I have noticed some spotting but overall it's great. I was on sprentec for a while which I loved then got switched to the ortho so I'm getting use to it"

Cutie2122 November 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I have currently been on Ortho-Cyclen for a few months now and am going back to my doctor soon to see if I can be prescribed something else. The good for me: very effective when taken correctly, and light periods with bearable cramping. The bad for me: terrible mood swings, bloating, very low libido, and nausea. If I didn't take this pill before bed and after a meal, I'd be sick to my stomach. I have experienced bloating, but haven't gained any weight. The low sex drive I have experienced on this has been very bad. Overall, it's free through my insurance and didn't get me pregnant, but the negative side effects are not worth it anymore!!"

Starry8594 October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been Ortho Cyclen for a little over 2 months and I'm already getting off of it. My husband and I are newlyweds, so I started taking the pill beforehand so that it would be effective by the time we were married. I was terribly nauseous for the first week or two. Like, unbelievably nauseous. I felt like I couldn't even stand up through some of it. Eventually, the nauseousness passed and if it did happen, it wasn't as horrible or frequent. I did notice immediate acne as well (I almost never break out and I had big cyst-ish looking acne on my chin, which was lame with my upcoming wedding). I had NO weight gain, but I did lose my sex drive. When I say that, I mean I really didn't feel the same at all. (1/2)"

Nadine O. October 5, 2015

For Birth Control "My first pack was a nightmare. Horrible nausea, zero sex drive & I felt so bloated all the time. After my first pack, things went smoother. I've gained about 15 lbs in the 8 months I've been on it but that may not be the pill's fault. The worst part is how this pill has changed the way my secretions smell I tried everything to change this thinking it was my diet. I'm now off the pill and everything has gone right back to normal. I will probably stay off now for this reason."

Anonymous September 19, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "This medicine has worked pretty good for me. After having constant health problems such as weight gain, bad acne, and not having a period but once a year for 3 years and being told that it was "ok", I finally went to the OB/Gyne for another opinion. Found out that I had PCOS, and was placed on Ortho-Cyclen. This medicine started to clear my acne after 3 weeks of taking it and I started losing weight while on it. I lost a total of 6 pounds the first month and 8 the second month. The only drawback was that my period lasted for an entire 31 days the first month, but was told beforehand that it could last that long because of the time I went without a period."

Monae415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

"Some pros: I grew 2 cup sizes, my flow is much lighter but no change in how long my periods last. Regular bowel movements and no mood swings. Cons: during the first pack I broke out like a preteen and now have to deal with (some) forehead and chin acne. Also experienced heavy uncomfortable cramping which eventually got better. Really sore breasts around the first week or two. I'm hungry all the time so I'm eating a lot more but no real change in weight."

Derpina (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for 3 months now & I love it , period is much lighter ."

Gorllll (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2015

For Endometriosis "This drug is horrible. My side effects are: 1. Anxiety 2. Depression 3. Acne 4. Weight gain 5. Back pain 6. Nausea 7. Easily angered and upset It serves it's purpose, but the side effects are unbearable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

For Birth Control "This medicine has been working really well for me. I'm on my third pack, taking it at exactly the same time every day. I had 0 side affects. My breasts did get a little bigger which was nice but I didn't gain weight anywhere else. My periods used to be irregular and painful with heavy mood swings but now my periods are very regular and I can't feel them almost at all. Really happy with the results!"

Jules35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this medication to control bleeding. My skin is clear (I don't usually have acne anyway), my mood is fine and, even better regulated. I haven't had many side effects on this pill....just one. A big one, I had breakthrough bleeding every time I turned around. I also wear contacts and it caused some dry eye. All in all, I think its a very good pill if your cycle remains regular. My insurance paid for the medication, so it was fee."

Kelly976453 May 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Middle of 3rd month and: It as killed my appetite, definitely keeps me from overeating partly due to mild nausea when I start my pack after placebos but, even when I'm not nauseous it's hard for me to feel hungry. Not making me crazy or anything. Doesn't break me out. [never had acne anyways] The cons include the fact my period doesn't come on the placebos even though it could take longer to adjust and when it does come it's slightly before the placebos when it'd normally come and instead of a 5-7 day period like I normally have it's lasted 10-13 days... Plus worse cramps and no lighter periods at all. The long periods might make it a deal breaker if it continues but I hate to part with it because it has been so good to me other than that!"

a-punk (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill I had severe nausea when I would start a pack. Now my nausea is gone and I get occasional migraines. I've almost been on it for a year and I do like it a lot. Great for preventing pregnancy also causes breast tenderness towards end of pack."

Michimucho March 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Ortho-Cyclen has worked incredibly well for me. It was the first pill I tried and I took it for about a year. When my prescription ran out I went to Planned Parenthood and was recommended Aubra, which did not work out for me, I had constant spotting, it significantly decreased my libido, and made me gain about 10 lbs. I have since switched back Ortho-Cyclen and have had no noticeable side effects other than my breasts growing by about a cup size."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Works as far as preventing pregnancy, shorter, on schedule periods, REALLY good for preventing acne, but HORRIBLE for weight gain. I literally gained almost 20 pounds when I started taking this. And a lot of people say it's because it makes you feel hungry more often so you eat more but I've had zero change in my diet so it must be something in the hormones. I've only been off this birth control for a week and a half and I've dropped 9 pounds."

Nicole9319 November 12, 2014

For Endometriosis "I have only been on this for a few weeks after switching from Lo loestrin. So far no mood changes which has been great because that was one of my biggest issues! No cramping or abnormal bleeding. So far I am extremely pleased with Ortho Cyclen."

HALEYjo4578 October 28, 2014

For Birth Control "Took this all throughout high school and I never experienced acne because of it. This pill sure does a great job at keeping break outs away. I'd get an occasional blemish or two but that's better than what I have now. I got off Ortho Cyclen 6 months ago. Worst decision of my life, I'm cursed with acne that's covered my face, neck, shoulders, and back. This is because a hormonal imbalance which I think acne sufferers should look into. I think it's time to get back on this magnificent pill. Side note, it does a great job at preventing cramps and my periods were so light and non existent, I would sometimes forget I'm even on it."

KylieShae (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Ortho Cyclen for 17 years for oral contraceptive reasons and it is working wonderful! No side effect. Although I tried to take the generic to offset some cost but I had terrible breakthrough bleeding. I quickly switched back to name brand and was cured! So I'm still on brand name Ortho Cyclen with no problems at all. Quite happy!"

LL --taken for 17years so far!! March 7, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for almost two years. I had very little side effects in the beginning. For the last six months or so my acne has worsened and I've been getting more frequent headaches. A little weight gain but the acne has me reconsidering."

Amaryllis91 October 17, 2013

For Birth Control "This was my first time ever being on birth control and I love Ortho Cyclen. I highly recommend this pill. I had no side effects! Regulated my period as well."

Han45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013

For Birth Control "I have very bad hormonal acne and have been on Spironolactone for that issue. When I started this birth control everything seemed fine, but when I started the 2nd pack everything went downhill. I broke out very bad every single day and night. I bled every time my boyfriend and I became intimate. I got very, very depressed. Luckily my boyfriend is understanding. He couldn't believe how different I was. I couldn't take it anymore and quit halfway through the 3rd pack. It was good at preventing pregnancy."

Kitty Two (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2013

For Birth Control "I had been taking Ortho Cyclen for two years when my doctor accidentally gave me Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo instead of my normal pill and I decided to give it a try. It was a terrible idea! The first month I was nauseous and dizzy, my thoughts started feeling fuzzy and I could feel myself turning into an angry person. After three months I was still constantly angry and couldn't think clearly. Not to mention the weight gain! I look five months pregnant! So today I got my prescription of Ortho Cyclen and I can't wait to start taking it again. I've tried many types of birth control and if you're a woman who has troubles with hormonal birth control affecting your mood and brain chemistry, I would definitely go with Ortho Cyclen! Love it!"

VeryHappyLady July 23, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Cyclen for a few months and my periods have finally regulated. The only difference in my body image is that I have gained a cup size and my butt has gotten bigger, but my weight is the same so I have no problem with that!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2013

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control pill I've ever been on and have no major complaints. I'm a healthy height/weight and exercise regularly. I just finished my third pack. During the first month, I had breakthrough bleeding (as expected with most pills) off and on, but that was it. My breasts are a little more tender, but it's nothing bothersome. The pill definitely hasn't bothered my sex drive either. I'm glad I stuck out the first month, because this pill has been great for me so far!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2012