User Reviews for Ortho Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Cyclen.

Endometriosis 1 reviews 161 medications

Birth Control 23 reviews 255 medications

8.5
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 163 medications

Ovarian Cysts 1 reviews 55 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Cyclen reviews 26 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Ortho Cyclen

For Birth Control "This medicine has been working really well for me. I'm on my third pack, taking it at exactly the same time every day. I had 0 side affects. My breasts did get a little bigger which was nice but I didn't gain weight anywhere else. My periods used to be irregular and painful with heavy mood swings but now my periods are very regular and I can't feel them almost at all. Really happy with the results!"

Jules35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this medication to control bleeding. My skin is clear (I don't usually have acne anyway), my mood is fine and, even better regulated. I haven't had many side effects on this pill....just one. A big one, I had breakthrough bleeding every time I turned around. I also wear contacts and it caused some dry eye. All in all, I think its a very good pill if your cycle remains regular. My insurance paid for the medication, so it was fee."

Kelly976453 May 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Middle of 3rd month and: It as killed my appetite, definitely keeps me from overeating partly due to mild nausea when I start my pack after placebos but, even when I'm not nauseous it's hard for me to feel hungry. Not making me crazy or anything. Doesn't break me out. [never had acne anyways] The cons include the fact my period doesn't come on the placebos even though it could take longer to adjust and when it does come it's slightly before the placebos when it'd normally come and instead of a 5-7 day period like I normally have it's lasted 10-13 days... Plus worse cramps and no lighter periods at all. The long periods might make it a deal breaker if it continues but I hate to part with it because it has been so good to me other than that!"

a-punk (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first started taking this pill I had severe nausea when I would start a pack. Now my nausea is gone and I get occasional migraines. I've almost been on it for a year and I do like it a lot. Great for preventing pregnancy also causes breast tenderness towards end of pack."

Michimucho March 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Ortho-Cyclen has worked incredibly well for me. It was the first pill I tried and I took it for about a year. When my prescription ran out I went to Planned Parenthood and was recommended Aubra, which did not work out for me, I had constant spotting, it significantly decreased my libido, and made me gain about 10 lbs. I have since switched back Ortho-Cyclen and have had no noticeable side effects other than my breasts growing by about a cup size."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Works as far as preventing pregnancy, shorter, on schedule periods, REALLY good for preventing acne, but HORRIBLE for weight gain. I literally gained almost 20 pounds when I started taking this. And a lot of people say it's because it makes you feel hungry more often so you eat more but I've had zero change in my diet so it must be something in the hormones. I've only been off this birth control for a week and a half and I've dropped 9 pounds."

Nicole9319 November 12, 2014

For Endometriosis "I have only been on this for a few weeks after switching from Lo loestrin. So far no mood changes which has been great because that was one of my biggest issues! No cramping or abnormal bleeding. So far I am extremely pleased with Ortho Cyclen."

HALEYjo4578 October 28, 2014

For Birth Control "Took this all throughout high school and I never experienced acne because of it. This pill sure does a great job at keeping break outs away. I'd get an occasional blemish or two but that's better than what I have now. I got off Ortho Cyclen 6 months ago. Worst decision of my life, I'm cursed with acne that's covered my face, neck, shoulders, and back. This is because a hormonal imbalance which I think acne sufferers should look into. I think it's time to get back on this magnificent pill. Side note, it does a great job at preventing cramps and my periods were so light and non existent, I would sometimes forget I'm even on it."

KylieShae (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Ortho Cyclen for 17 years for oral contraceptive reasons and it is working wonderful! No side effect. Although I tried to take the generic to offset some cost but I had terrible breakthrough bleeding. I quickly switched back to name brand and was cured! So I'm still on brand name Ortho Cyclen with no problems at all. Quite happy!"

LL --taken for 17years so far!! March 7, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for almost two years. I had very little side effects in the beginning. For the last six months or so my acne has worsened and I've been getting more frequent headaches. A little weight gain but the acne has me reconsidering."

Amaryllis91 October 17, 2013

For Birth Control "This was my first time ever being on birth control and I love Ortho Cyclen. I highly recommend this pill. I had no side effects! Regulated my period as well."

Han45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013

For Birth Control "I have very bad hormonal acne and have been on Spironolactone for that issue. When I started this birth control everything seemed fine, but when I started the 2nd pack everything went downhill. I broke out very bad every single day and night. I bled every time my boyfriend and I became intimate. I got very, very depressed. Luckily my boyfriend is understanding. He couldn't believe how different I was. I couldn't take it anymore and quit halfway through the 3rd pack. It was good at preventing pregnancy."

Kitty Two (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2013

For Birth Control "I had been taking Ortho Cyclen for two years when my doctor accidentally gave me Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo instead of my normal pill and I decided to give it a try. It was a terrible idea! The first month I was nauseous and dizzy, my thoughts started feeling fuzzy and I could feel myself turning into an angry person. After three months I was still constantly angry and couldn't think clearly. Not to mention the weight gain! I look five months pregnant! So today I got my prescription of Ortho Cyclen and I can't wait to start taking it again. I've tried many types of birth control and if you're a woman who has troubles with hormonal birth control affecting your mood and brain chemistry, I would definitely go with Ortho Cyclen! Love it!"

VeryHappyLady July 23, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Cyclen for a few months and my periods have finally regulated. The only difference in my body image is that I have gained a cup size and my butt has gotten bigger, but my weight is the same so I have no problem with that!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2013

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control pill I've ever been on and have no major complaints. I'm a healthy height/weight and exercise regularly. I just finished my third pack. During the first month, I had breakthrough bleeding (as expected with most pills) off and on, but that was it. My breasts are a little more tender, but it's nothing bothersome. The pill definitely hasn't bothered my sex drive either. I'm glad I stuck out the first month, because this pill has been great for me so far!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2012

For Birth Control "Been taking for over 9 years, no side effects, no pregnancies! When I found out my insurance didn't cover it, I decided not to switch since I don't have to worry about side effects, and the price is totally worth it for me."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 6, 2012

For Birth Control "I just started taking this pill. I've been on it for a week and take the brand name. I take it at night and I noticed the morning after taking my first pill I had a little spotting and some nausea but the nausea went away after about an hour. So far I like this pill a lot and it hasn't given me any really bad side effects. "

Anonymous February 27, 2012

For Birth Control "I started using Ortho Cyclen about 8 moths ago. In the beginning I was very nauseous but after a month or two I felt great. I have had no side effects. I love this pill. It works great. I have experienced once or twice vaginal dryness but it has cleared up. It has made my periods lighter but has not extended the days. I like it. I really recommend it."

Amaris November 8, 2011

For Birth Control "I just got through my first pack of Ortho Cyclen and have noticed a few side effects: increased sensitivity, vaginal dryness, spotting, and acne. I had really clear skin and never any acne problems before starting this pill (except the occasional pimple around that time of the month), but now it seems as though my face breaks out every few days. As for the vaginal dryness, I never had any problems with that before either. Now sex is really painful unless I make sure to use lube. Hopefully these side effects go away once my body adjusts."

Anonymous September 19, 2011

For Birth Control "I am 24 and have been on Ortho Cyclen for almost 5 years and love it! When I was on the patch, I felt nauseous and weak and it would never stay on my skin for the entire week, so I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Every week I would feel horrible, because my body could never get used to the fluctuating hormones. So, my doctor started me on Ortho Cyclen for the constant even stream of hormones and voila! I found the best pill for me. Recently, I have been considering switching to an IUD, as I am tired of having to be chained to my pills even on vacation. But as far as a pill goes, this one is top notch."

Anonymous July 23, 2011

For Birth Control "Started my very first pack in February, had heavy periods every 3 weeks for the first 3 months. But now, month 4 its normal and not heavy at all, no cramps and its regular which is great now since I am age 40."

Anonymous June 3, 2011

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been taking this since March 23, 2011 and I started my period back on April 6, 2011 after one year without one because of my PCOS. I have been on my period for 9 days now and I am not sure how much longer I am going to be on it. "

Kayla 88 April 14, 2011

For Birth Control "Love it. Dont have any side effects, acne has disappeared. I'm really happy with it."

Anonymous December 17, 2010

For Birth Control "Have never had a problem, feel great and love it!"

Anonymous October 16, 2010

For Birth Control "Been using it for years. Works great."

Anonymous October 12, 2010