User Reviews for Ortho Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Cyclen.

Birth Control 18 reviews 224 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Cyclen reviews 19 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ortho Cyclen

Review by KylieShae (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Took this all throughout high school and I never experienced acne because of it. This pill sure does a great job at keeping break outs away. I'd get an occasional blemish or two but that's better than what I have now. I got off Ortho Cyclen 6 months ago. Worst decision of my life, I'm cursed with acne that's covered my face, neck, shoulders, and back. This is because a hormonal imbalance which I think acne sufferers should look into. I think it's time to get back on this magnificent pill. Side note, it does a great job at preventing cramps and my periods were so light and non existent, I would sometimes forget I'm even on it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 3:18 AM

Review by LL --taken for 17years so far!!:

For Birth Control: I've been on Ortho Cyclen for 17 years for oral contraceptive reasons and it is working wonderful! No side effect. Although I tried to take the generic to offset some cost but I had terrible breakthrough bleeding. I quickly switched back to name brand and was cured! So I'm still on brand name Ortho Cyclen with no problems at all. Quite happy!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2014 9:52 AM

Review by Amaryllis91:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for almost two years. I had very little side effects in the beginning. For the last six months or so my acne has worsened and I've been getting more frequent headaches. A little weight gain but the acne has me reconsidering.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by Han45 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This was my first time ever being on birth control and I love Ortho Cyclen. I highly recommend this pill. I had no side effects! Regulated my period as well.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2013 7:06 PM

Review by Kitty Two (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have very bad hormonal acne and have been on Spironolactone for that issue. When I started this birth control everything seemed fine, but when I started the 2nd pack everything went downhill. I broke out very bad every single day and night. I bled every time my boyfriend and I became intimate. I got very, very depressed. Luckily my boyfriend is understanding. He couldn't believe how different I was. I couldn't take it anymore and quit halfway through the 3rd pack. It was good at preventing pregnancy.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2013 11:37 AM

Review by VeryHappyLady:

For Birth Control: I had been taking Ortho Cyclen for two years when my doctor accidentally gave me Ortho Tri-Cyclen lo instead of my normal pill and I decided to give it a try. It was a terrible idea! The first month I was nauseous and dizzy, my thoughts started feeling fuzzy and I could feel myself turning into an angry person. After three months I was still constantly angry and couldn't think clearly. Not to mention the weight gain! I look five months pregnant! So today I got my prescription of Ortho Cyclen and I can't wait to start taking it again. I've tried many types of birth control and if you're a woman who has troubles with hormonal birth control affecting your mood and brain chemistry, I would definitely go with Ortho Cyclen! Love it!

July 23, 2013 6:49 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have been on Ortho Cyclen for a few months and my periods have finally regulated. The only difference in my body image is that I have gained a cup size and my butt has gotten bigger, but my weight is the same so I have no problem with that!

June 21, 2013 12:04 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control pill I've ever been on and have no major complaints. I'm a healthy height/weight and exercise regularly. I just finished my third pack. During the first month, I had breakthrough bleeding (as expected with most pills) off and on, but that was it. My breasts are a little more tender, but it's nothing bothersome. The pill definitely hasn't bothered my sex drive either. I'm glad I stuck out the first month, because this pill has been great for me so far!

December 4, 2012 8:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: Been taking for over 9 years, no side effects, no pregnancies! When I found out my insurance didn't cover it, I decided not to switch since I don't have to worry about side effects, and the price is totally worth it for me.

November 6, 2012 12:05 PM

For Birth Control: I just started taking this pill. I've been on it for a week and take the brand name. I take it at night and I noticed the morning after taking my first pill I had a little spotting and some nausea but the nausea went away after about an hour. So far I like this pill a lot and it hasn't given me any really bad side effects.

February 27, 2012 10:53 PM

Review by Amaris:

For Birth Control: I started using Ortho Cyclen about 8 moths ago. In the beginning I was very nauseous but after a month or two I felt great. I have had no side effects. I love this pill. It works great. I have experienced once or twice vaginal dryness but it has cleared up. It has made my periods lighter but has not extended the days. I like it. I really recommend it.

November 8, 2011 10:06 AM

For Birth Control: I just got through my first pack of Ortho Cyclen and have noticed a few side effects: increased sensitivity, vaginal dryness, spotting, and acne. I had really clear skin and never any acne problems before starting this pill (except the occasional pimple around that time of the month), but now it seems as though my face breaks out every few days. As for the vaginal dryness, I never had any problems with that before either. Now sex is really painful unless I make sure to use lube. Hopefully these side effects go away once my body adjusts.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2011 12:05 PM

For Birth Control: I am 24 and have been on Ortho Cyclen for almost 5 years and love it! When I was on the patch, I felt nauseous and weak and it would never stay on my skin for the entire week, so I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Every week I would feel horrible, because my body could never get used to the fluctuating hormones. So, my doctor started me on Ortho Cyclen for the constant even stream of hormones and voila! I found the best pill for me. Recently, I have been considering switching to an IUD, as I am tired of having to be chained to my pills even on vacation. But as far as a pill goes, this one is top notch.

July 23, 2011 1:32 AM

For Birth Control: Started my very first pack in February, had heavy periods every 3 weeks for the first 3 months. But now, month 4 its normal and not heavy at all, no cramps and its regular which is great now since I am age 40.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2011 12:45 AM

Review by Kayla 88:

For Ovarian Cysts: I have been taking this since March 23, 2011 and I started my period back on April 6, 2011 after one year without one because of my PCOS. I have been on my period for 9 days now and I am not sure how much longer I am going to be on it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2011 2:31 PM

For Birth Control: Love it. Dont have any side effects, acne has disappeared. I'm really happy with it.

December 17, 2010 1:33 AM

For Birth Control: Have never had a problem, feel great and love it!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2010 3:52 PM

For Birth Control: Been using it for years. Works great.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2010 4:51 PM

I haven't been on the pill in a very long time. I recently went on Othro Cyclen and it has worked wonderfully. I'm not moody, I haven't had acne breakouts, its regulating my period which is always a plus. I used to have severe cramps during my period and I haven't been experiencing that as well. I am very happy with it.

March 24, 2010 12:16 PM

For Birth Control: I was switched to Ortho-Cyclen when I began spotting on my old pill. I've been on it for about 2 months now and have had numerous side effects: Acne, increased insomnia, increased headaches, nausea, vaginal dryness and therefore painful intercourse, long period (lasted 9 days instead of the 7 you would think from the "off" week). This is the first non-low dose BC pill I've taken. I'm not sure if it was just too much for me or if the drug itself just was not a good fit for me. The generic Sprintec is nicely priced, though, compared to Loestrin 24, which I used to take and has no generics yet. I'm hoping to switch back to my old pill - loved it!

September 21, 2009 1:21 PM