User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 5 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 182 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

Review by Distortedsoundz (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Slowed down my abnormal bleeding after a few weeks, it stopped altogether then started up again but not to the degree that it was before I was taking it. I've gained 10 lbs from it. I eat half of what I used to, ad eat an extremely healthy diet. I do 30 mins of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training 5-6 days a week plus bicycling 7 days a week. I've had awful mood swings and depression. Bad headaches on top of it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 2:23 PM
Review by Brooklynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for about 6 months, to prevent pregnancy. I've had regularly light periods and my appetite has drastically decreased, but I haven't been losing weight. It slowed my sex drive down in the first few months of use, but my drive is back to normal now. I am also very moody, lethargic, and constipated. However, I like it since it is preventing me from getting pregnant and it's free.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 7:04 PM
Review by RodriguezSC:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): Last year I began to take these pills and with also having crazy mood swings, I started to have chronic yeast infections. I did all the blood work REPEATEDLY (also expensive) and I came out negative for everything. After about 7 months on the pill I decided to stop. After that yeast infections stopped and I was back to my old self. I don't recall ever losing sex drive but definitely moody. Last month my nurse practitioner gave me Microgestin again just to see if the yeast infections would come back. Have been nauseous, really bloated, no mood swings yet and no yeast infection yet (knocking on wood). Hopefully this time around it works for me or else I'm switching to the Mirena or Nuvaring.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2014 11:58 AM
Review by Haykay (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Yes it is effective as a birth control contraceptive. The side effects I have had loss of sex drive, moodiness, weight gain and an irregular menstrual cycle. I stopped taking that pack of pills the end of January 2014 as of now I have yet to have a menstrual cycle. Something is right.

March 12, 2014 6:23 AM
Review by Tall girl (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Microgestin 1/20 for 4 months. Gained weight, mood swings, horrible cramps and bleeding in between periods. I don't feel like myself at all. I've been bleeding for 7 days now. They only thing this had done for is heighten my sex drive. I've decided to stop taking it. Going back to condoms.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2014 8:31 PM
Review by ambird (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Suffered from horrible cramping early in my menstruation (started age 11). To combat cramps and prevent pregnancy I have been on oral contraceptives for 11 years. Age 17-19 Ortho, 20 Loestrin, 21-29 Microgestrin. On this have had two very light periods with typical cramping every month for the past 7(ish) years (Which I didn't mind too much and my doctor said if I don't mind it isn't hurting me). My past two ovulation cycles have been ridiculously hormonal. I have never experienced anything like it before and am going to stop taking hormonal birth control and switch to IUD. I am not a crazy lady, it turned me into one.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2014 1:04 PM
Review by Jessa spessa: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: No major side effects, except very low sex drive. I will be changing my pill as soon as possible because of this.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2014 2:43 AM
Review by caminelli (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This is effective in preventing pregnancies, but I've had some other unpleasant side effects. I've been on this for 9 months. During the first three, I would always break out real bad around the time of my period. Then for a couple months, the acne stopped, but other symptoms began popping up: Spotting, sometimes early period, extreme mood swings, weight gain (20lbs). The last two months, when my libido began to suffer, I decided to switch. NO sex drive. None. It's killing me. Even if I want to have sex, which is rare anyway, my body says no. The end of this pack is it for me.

February 15, 2014 9:22 PM
Review by Erica2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I am 20 years old and here's my experience with this birth control. Pros: didn't get pregnant. SLIGHTLY fuller breasts in the same cup size. Didn't gain weight. Cons: I lost ALL sex drive and became a moody, depressive, crying, tired, sad prude. Which is sad because my husband thought I wasn't attracted to him and I am VERY attracted to his sexy handsome self! My acne also got worse. After two months I stopped the pills and switched to condoms. I am back to my sexual self and get along 100

February 12, 2014 5:22 PM
Review by Dila (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: I was experiencing long and heavy periods to a point of becoming anemic with a hemoglobin 6.1, this pill was recommended by my Nurse practitioner, it stopped my period on my first dose. So far the only side effects I have experienced are: mild nausea for about an hour after I take it (so I take it at nights) constipation (I incorporated intake of 5 prunes to my daily diet); sweet cravings (instead I drink black unsweetened coffee or tea and makes my sweet cravings go away). My mood is positive!

February 8, 2014 9:49 AM
Review by Chelssssssee (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Good pill, does what it's supposed to- protects from pregnancy. Clears acne. Regulates periods. BUT mood swings were definitely noticed, and a small weight gain (10lbs or less). I had always weighed around 130 and have been 140 with the pill, and extremely moody- extremely happy or extremely sad- no medium. Every person will have different reactions obviously, just sharing my own experiences.

February 5, 2014 2:28 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on Microgestin FE 1/20 for a couple of months now, and it's absolutely fantastic! I switched after 6 months of Lo Loestrin, which caused me to gain 10 pounds, constant spotting, and worse acne. With Microgestin, my periods are actually regular, and even lighter. I had horrible cramps that I used to have to miss school and work because of, and now, they're almost nonexistent! Zero weight gain, I've actually lost 7 pounds, and my acne is gone! Love this pill!

February 4, 2014 2:36 PM
Review by Cat Ink (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My OBGYN switched me to this pill because she believed the Necon 0.5/35 I was previously on contained unnecessary amounts of hormone for me. About 3 months in my libido decreased but I wasn't having any other side effects so I decided to wait it out and see if things got better. Around month six I missed my period three months in a row, wasn't pregnant, thank god, and started breaking out like crazy. My periods have resumed but I've got no sex drive, rly bad skin and have become emotionally unstable around my time of the month which is very unusual for me. I am 24 years old, 5"7', 125 lbs. and have a pretty active lifestyle if anyone wants those statistics for their reference. I'll be switching at the end of this months pack.

January 22, 2014 1:59 PM
Review by VF (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started taking these pills on December 2013. A month has passed and I have bad migraines that last from morning til night. I stopped taking the pills for two days and those awful headaches stopped. I did enjoy the light periods and they were short..but I'm considering changing to a different pill because the migraines are terrible for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2014 6:14 PM
Review by Julbree: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched to this pill from Mirena due to severe cystic acne (from the Mirena). The last pill I had taken was Yaz, which I did great with. After my first month on Microgestin Fe, my cystic acne started clearing up. The first couple days I was nauseous, but that went away. Taking it right before bed helps. I've been on it for about 3 months now and I've gained about 10 lbs. I'm the heaviest I've ever been! I'm always hungry and have developed an intense sweet tooth! My breasts did get larger. I'm a 34 C, and I can still wear the same bra size, they just look fuller. No extra sensitivity with them, though. My libido didn't really change. Just my weight.

January 10, 2014 12:13 AM
Review by Jammmmmmm: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: No nausea. No breakthrough bleeding. But my mood has changed I'm not as exciting as I used to be, I'm less happy. And my sex drivemis at zero! Switching pills tomorrow.

January 7, 2014 8:47 AM
Review by meeliebug (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: About to start my fourth pack and I love this birth control. I took birth control (Cyclessa and Yaz and some others I don't remember) in my early 20s and gained a bunch of weight and had a diminished sex drive. Once I stopped taking it I swore I never would again but my skin got really bad in the last few years so I finally, reluctantly, decided to try again. I have virtually no side effects from this pill. My mood hasn't changed, I haven't gained weight (although I went from a C cup to a D cup) and, for the first time in years, my skin is clear. I had spotting the first two months I took it but that's gone away and now my period is super light.

January 6, 2014 9:29 PM
Review by SPTGJHJ: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this pill and all seemed fine. I had some symptoms while my body was "adjusting" to the hormones: breakthrough bleeding, a little weight gain, feeling blue. But I guess my body never fully adjusted because 6 months later, this pill is giving me headaches, I have breakthrough bleeding in the middle of the month every month, I feel slightly nauseous all throughout the day, and I still cramp and get acne. I didn't get pregnant though, and my periods were super light and short, but this pill just doesn't work with my body, I think.

December 27, 2013 5:00 PM
Review by Jessssss: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Ive been on this a couple months. Little to no period. I've skipped two in a row. However, no sex drive and very "dry" since I've started taking this. But I still like the fact that I don't have a period.

December 24, 2013 10:27 PM
Review by Someone5746: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on Microgestin for 2 months now and I'm loving it, it took me 2.5 years to find a hormonal birth control method that worked for me. While on a different pill, I was having problems with suicidal thoughts and depression along with massive mood swings and breast tenderness. I was ready to quit hormonal birth control all together, but decided to give this one a try first. I haven't been having any negative symptoms, I'm very very happy to have found this. I only wish I could have found Microgestin sooner.

November 24, 2013 5:35 PM
Review by SapphireSunshine (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have been on Microgestin FE 1.5/30 for 15 months. My doctor prescribed it when I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My cycle would not stop for more than two days, then it would start again. As soon as I started the Microgestin, my cycle regulated the first week. After taking it for about a year my periods are extremely light and very short. The side effects I have experienced are acne, oily skin, and terrible mood swings the week before my period begins. I get very angry and irritable for about two days the week prior to my period. In spite of these side effects this pill has been great for me. I have lost 40 lbs with diet and exercise that I was unable to lose before taking this pill. I highly recommend giving it a try.

November 21, 2013 4:40 PM
Review by Joy22WELLS: User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: After being on this for 18mo I am happy to try something new. Where to start? All seemed fine then it started to snowball. Mood swings (crying over commercials!), NO sex drive, break through bleeding that lasted longer than actual periods (3 days period, & 2 wks break through) & increased headaches.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2013 4:51 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Whenever you start birth control, you're suppose to give it a three month trial before you determine if it's garbage or not. The reason being is because your body is adjusting to the new birth control, and of course you're going to experience break out bleeding, common birth control side effects, and of course being overly emotional. On the other hand, despite the break out bleeding and the mood swings I get from time to time, I love Microgestin! It's a reliable birth control if used correctly, so if you're forgetful, forget the pill and find another form of birth control! Within the past nine months I've used it I had lighter periods, didn't break out as much, and I didn't feel any weight gain. I recommend this product to anyone!

November 13, 2013 1:16 AM
Review by Bsuccessful92 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started this pill after a horrible experience with implanon. I've been on the pill for over a year and I love it! My periods are predictable and very light, and have had no weight gain. I only get light acne (one or two pimples) when my cycle is about to come on I've had no breakthrough bleeding, but have noticed a decrease in sex drive, but not by too much.

October 28, 2013 5:00 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for almost a week now and I am experiencing very bad headaches, stomach aches, drowsiness, moody, and depression. I have tried the bc shot, and about 4 other different kind of pills. Birthcontrol pills make me ill to say the least, but I will keep taking microgestin for a month to see if it will magically not make me feel sick. So far not so good. My family already think I should quit taking it because I'm feeling sick and they don't want to see me go through that again. I'm 18 just graduated from hs in June and for prom and grad night at Disneyland I was completely sick from the pills stomach hurt BAD. So I'm hoping my body adjusts well to these new pills praying . Everyone has different side effects.

October 25, 2013 2:04 AM