User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 161 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 178 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 254 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I'm about to start my third month of microgestin fe 1/20 and its great. I have to say that the WORST symptom I experienced was very mild nausea/loss of appetite, and even that would only last for an hour or two after I took it, then I would be fine. I found that it helps to eat something small (like crackers) before taking it. I'm a Sunday starter and I take it at 7:30 each morning. Also, my breasts have gotten a little bigger (next size up), and my acne hasn't changed much, even though it wasn't bad at all before I started this. My hair hasn't fallen out and I've actually lost a few pounds due to loss of appetite. My periods are now more like spotting, but lasts the full 7-8 days. I can get away with just a panty liner though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I had previously been on Orthotricyclen Lo for over a decade before trying something new. I loved ortho lo, but my insurance didn't cover it anymore. I've been on microgestin fe 1/20 for 3 packs now and I can't say I love it. With my previous pill I had no breast tenderness, acne problems, and always got my period like clockwork. Now on microgestin, my boobs hurt constantly. So painful I can't even wear a bra, but they're not getting bigger. Acne flares up around week 2. My biggest complaint is that I have not gotten a period on this pill. Some people might think opposite of me, but I want a period. Anyways, my Dr said wait it out to the end of the pack and if my symptoms don't subside that she'll switch me to Aleese."

LizzieLou2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I want to share this so others can protect themselves. I used Microgestin 21 (generic Loestrin 21) for one pack. I do not have hair loss on either side of my family. No one in my family has lost their hair. I began losing hair rapidly. Within a week it was enough to think maybe I should try rogaine to counter it as much as possible. I just switched to Zarah today. Fingers crossed that it helps undo what the other drug did."

AmandaGSick (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill does not work. It gave me just enough pregnancy symptoms to where I didn't notice that I WAS pregnant until I started showing."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm using this pill for birth control. I was scared to use it at first because of all the bad reviews, but I didn't have any symptoms at all until about a week and a half in. I started spotting like crazy, I was nauseous and didn't want to do anything, also it made me a little depressed, and I started getting a little more acne than usual. So I called the doctor and they said to switch to taking the pill at night. I take the pill as close to 10pm as possible and I haven't had anymore spotting or nausea. Also I just had my first period while on the pill and even though my periods are never heavy this one was even lighter and didn't last as long as my normal period would. So far it's doing its job for its intended use."

samobu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 21 years old, I was first put on microgestion at the age of 15, my freshmen year of high school because my anxiety was so bad. When I graduated high school 4 years later I tried another pill- made me gain weight, Nuva ring made me nauseous every single day for 3 months, then another pill. Then I figured I'd just go for the IUD. Worst decision I ever made. Getting it inserted was the most painful thing I've ever experienced and for 3 days after I literally had "labor pains" I stayed with it for 6 months and completely lost my sex drive and when I got it removed I had my period for 3 weeks. I went back to microgestion last week and it's the best decision for me and I've never had a single problem or scare. I love it!"

Kaseykakes (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2015

For Birth Control "Reading some reviews from other sites had me so nervous! But I'm here to say, this pill has been God sent! My only complaint may be that it made me a bit more emotional. My periods last 4 days and are light! No boob growth but my skin has been clearing up! Love it!"

Lilyyyy August 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 19 years old and these are my first birth control pills. I definitely hate these pills right now. I completed my first week today and it's been hell. I take my pills at 7 PM everyday. I get minor stomach aches which makes me feel uneasy. By time 12 AM comes around I am throwing up every meal I ate for the day. I have also been losing more hair than normal but it was minor amounts. I saw other people mention hair loss but I didn't think it would be me."

SamIAm_ (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over 8 years and loved it up until now! Now that Actavis has taken over manufacturing I am disgusted. I gained weight with no change in eating/ workouts, and am back to having the extreme cramping and regular periods I had prior to being on the pill. I have even started cramping and bleeding midway through with no missed pills. With Watson I had mild cramps and hardly ever bled. This is my 3 rd cycle on this pill. I will stick it out until my next Gyn appt in Sept. If things have not improved by then I will be shopping for a new pill. So disappointed. (And yes, my chest has gotten much bigger but it is not worth it.)"

mom2boyz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 3 months now and I just stopped it two days ago. I had a pregnancy scare because of the side effects that this pill will give you. It will literally make you feel like you're 1 or 2 months pregnant without actually having a human inside of you. It made me nauseous for the 3 months total, moody (like incredibly), bloated, veiny around the nipples, tender breast, really really sensitive nipples (if I was wearing a bra and a shirt and I slightly rubbed something against them, it would hurt), felt depressed, fatigue, and it even looked like I was like 3 months pregnant! I'm not going to say that I don't recommend this pill because everyone reacts differently but this one obviously did not work out for me."

flowerchild16 August 3, 2015

"I am 18 years old and have been on this birth control (only birth control I've ever taken) since January of 2015. My first few months were pretty good. I had mood swings of course, regular periods, very mild cramps and headaches (which I usually get every now and then with a period). But in march of 2015 I had a very light period, and haven't had one since. Yes, I'm regularly sexually active, I've have the same boyfriend for the past three years and we've never used any protection until I got on the pill. I take my pill regularly everyday around the same time and yet, I've still had no period. I took a pregency test and it came back negative, any suggestions on what may be going on? Are other females having this same problem?"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control, i started fairly recently. I was fine the first couple days but i was awakened a little past midnight and threw up everything I had throughout the day. I take my pills everyday at 7:30 P.M. That and the lack of appetite is the only side effects i've had. No vaginal bleeding as of yet, no dizziness or hairlose, nothing else."

Manda catherine July 31, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Ladies, please realize you are putting synthetic chemicals into your body. It is completely normal to have side affects, your body won't regulate the pill until after about 3-4 months of consistent pill taking. I have been on microgestion for about 2-3 years and it lightened my period, helped my cramps, and helped my mood swings. However the success of the pill depends on how it reacts with your body. Give these pills a chance (3-4 months) otherwise you won't find one that works. You can't expect it to work within a month."

Sydney284 July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Microgestin for almost 3 years, and the only side effect I ever had was that it cleared up my acne completely. My periods are very light now and extremely regular, as opposed to being heavy and sporadic before. Have had constant unprotected sex for 3 years and have never had a scare whatsoever. Oh and it's free with my insurance. 100% win."

Hannahjay July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Man. It hasn't been a month & my body is all out of wack. Mood swings, lack of sex drive, extreme hunger within minutes of taking the pill, headaches, dry mouth & vagina! "

BunnieBaby (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "When I got put on it "mild hair loss on scalp" was listed as a possible side effect. Lost half my hair, was scared to go off of it. They do not warn that if aleopecia runs in your family DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! Later, of course, they changed it to just say "scalp hair loss" and took out the mild. A year too late. Have been on it a long time, and now it turns out that half the hair loss I have accrued is permanent. I am 20 years old. Judging from my family, I did not need to lose my hair until at least 35. This pill gave me migraines, made me anxious, panic attacks, (I have lost so many jobs just because I cry in the middle of a work day), the worst, longest depression I have ever had. For a year and a half I suffered. Now I'm bald. Hate it."

LizzieClems July 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Unhappy with this birth control been on it for 2 weeks continuous bleeding and mood swings. Day 1 starter started this pill on my first day of period and ive been bleeding since..my normal period before this birth control was 5-6 days tops. Took it to avoid pregnancy but now I'm suffering. I Dont even want sex anymore. Seriously considering throwing the pills away..won't need it anyway sex is the farthest thing from my mind after taking this pill"

Bonniedadiva (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Microgestin last month. This is the first time ive ever had birth control. It is easy to take and it tastes like sugar. But i started bleeding this week, and it has been sooooo heavy. My period is never this heavy. I am bleeding through a super tampon in 4 hours. It might be normal... but im not sure."

Kimchislice July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I read a lot of reviews so was so scared cuz it seem like a bad pill but honestly I love it so much the only side effect I have is dizziness & nauseous but they are minimum after that I feel good. I have been on this pill for a week Today I will report after I finish my pack. BTW this is the 1st birth control pill I ever take"

Teddy...... June 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on LoEstrin Fe 24 for quite some time, and then I guess my insurance didn't pay for it and I ended up switching to Microgestin Fe 1/20. I've been on this birth control for nearly 2 years, and it's done the job with minimal side effects. I've been taking Microgestin consistently with Neurontin and Adderall while also taking it with other various medications. I mainly switched because Lutera was giving me horrible acne and spotting. With Microgestin, my acne has been relatively normal except the last couple of months, which could have been induced by stress. Periods on Microgestin are shorter and sometimes nonexistent. However, my libido hasn't been the same in years since I've been on birth control, so I'm considering the IUD"

justacollegegradsharing (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for a month and a half. The first month was hell, I got really depressed and broke out with acne on my face so I wanted to switch. However, I'm still not pregnant so that's really good. My period has regulated which is awesome, it got irregular from being on the depo shot. My breasts haven't grown any larger, like many of you are reporting. I would recommend this birth control if you don't get depressed easily. I haven't gained any weight only bad mood swings, acne and cravings. I really like this birth control and my doctor recommended being on it for 6 months so that my body can get completely used to it."

Bmedina June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "It made my boobs bigger, ZERO negative side effects, and my period is practically non-existent. It's my favorite birth control I've ever been on. Most birth controls make me have crazy mood swings and gain weight. This one didn't. I will be using this for life."

LadyWalton (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I am very happy with this pill. My periods are practically non-existent, I have no negative side effects that I can speak of and it even made my boobs bigger!"

equiiaddict (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "So I started this birth control a little under 2 months ago. I'm 18 years old and was previously on Generess Fe until my insurance didn't cover it anymore. I've noticed my boobs have started to grow more which is a plus. But I am nauseous all the time. Like I feel disgustingly sick. Also I have insane sugar cravings and really bad mood swings. I haven't had a period on this yet most likely because my body is still adjusting. This birth control is effective considering I'm not pregnant! I'm gonna stick with this for a while longer and see if the nausea has calmed down or gone away."

Taytay295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "The medication is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy, as long as you follow the guidelines of the medication. This is my 3rd month on the pill I have not gained weight or had any serious side effects. I do notice that I get cramps the week of my period but very minor. My period flow is a lot lighter. The only discomfort is breast enlargement and tenderness."

Natasha96 June 8, 2015