User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 10 reviews 160 medications

Acne 11 reviews 519 medications

4.8
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 351 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Acne "AWFUL! I had never had a problem with acne and now at 20 on this pill I am constantly breaking out. My skin hasn't been clear since I started taking it. Really disappointed it ruined my skin"

Kiki1 May 27, 2016

For Birth Control "The pros for this pill are that it did lighten my period which is what I was looking for since I have fibroids which make my cycles heavier than normal. Also, I didn't get migraines with these pills like I did with some other birth control pills. Now to the cons. Within a few months of taking this pill I have picked up 14 pounds!!!! My moods are horrible and my sex drive is low. I tend to feel down a lot more than usual as well. I was also very very tired all the time. No matter how much sleep I got or how well I ate, my energy was just gone. I decided to switch after the last pack of pills. They just didn't agree with my body."

GulfCoastGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I like microgestin. No side effects for me personally. Also my insurance covers it so it's free. I recommend."

Heidi 123 May 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on microgestin for about four months and wanted to look up what other people have said about the drug because of potential side effects I've seen. I've gained a solid five pounds since I've been on the pills that I'm having a lot of trouble shaking. Thats after being at the same weight for the three years. I also have zero sex drive, which is annoying as hell. I'm on the pill to not get pregnant, but if I don't want to have sex when I'm on the pill what's the freaking point? I've had really bad mental and emotional reactions to other birth control pills so I'm sensitive to that issue but have not experience it on this pill. Still adjusting and haven't gotten into a period cycle on these yet, but I've had no period on others befor"

qwerty098 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible!!! I decided to give this a try but in the first month I gained 10 lbs, my apetite increased so much. I couldn't control myself it was worse than the munchies(420) my husband and I started having issues bc I was never in the mood for sex and I mean NEVER. Horrible horrible horrible. Mood swings,I would get really sad out of no where pretty depressing. I was very negative started losing confidence which is not me. Only good thing this pill did was give me super clear skin. Today is 1 month and 1 week i am not taking it anymore!!!"

Browneyedbeauty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

For Acne "I was put on birth control to not only reduce my cystic acne, but to regulate my periods. As far as my actual menstrual cycle goes, everything is normal, if not a little bit better because of this pill. But with my acne, things haven't been going smoothly. If I didn't have a complicated skin care routine I'm positive my face would be covered in acne. When I first got on the pill, my acne did clear up a bit, but eventually I started breaking out even worse than I did prior to being on the pill. To say the least, I'm extremely disappointed. I'm not using the pill for its intended purpose (I'm not sexually active,) yet this was recommended to me anyways??"

Kbeautyguru May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Prevented pregnancy; however, caused me to gain 15 lbs, break out badly on my face, have mood swings weekly, and be dry as a bone during sex"

jennyc. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and have been on Microgestin for 5 months. This has been the worst experience of my life. The worst side effect I have had is the weight gain. I have been the same weight and size for years. I've never had to buy new jeans or clothes because of them not fitting me. Over these 5 months I have put on 15 or more pounds. Going up about 3 pant sizes. I have also had muslce aches, low sex drive, hot flashes, major change of appetite, emotional breakdowns, minor anxiety attacks, and so on. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Stear far away from this birth control."

Anonymous May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking microgestin the end of March and by the 3rd week I had been crying, MOODY, and had uncontrollable actions. This pill needs to be wiped off planet earth. I cut all my hair off during one of my uncontrollable incidents, took off all my clothes in front of my partners family, and had to go to a behavioral unit to calm me down. I was tested and nothing else was in my system but bc. Im off bc thank God but that experience isn't worth not having a baby... I'll stick to condoms!"

Mzfrehe May 9, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I went on this BC because my insurance stopped covering Loestrin. So far I am on month 3, and I am trying to stick it out but it has been terrible. I usually get breakouts right before my period, now I have them constantly. I am constantly depressed and fatigued beyond belief. I also have bloating, gained weight(though I admit there could be other causes as far as the weight is concerned), and I have constant cramping(though it is minor, it is daily and noticeable). I've also had severe migraines and I only just now put it together that the migraines started when I started this pill. Also I am 26,non-smoker and take the pill continuously(no periods)."

Migraines and Depression (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the third week I have been on this pill. Absolutely worst birth control I have ever taken. I have been having really bad pains in my chest like the left side where my heart is. Shortness of breath, pains in my breast, and mind grains on a daily basis. I am stopping this pill as of today. I think I will just use condoms because I not putting my life at risk again."

Jazzy93 May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "TERRIBLE! NEVER AGAIN! I switched to this pill after being in the mini pill because I stopped breastfeeding. This was the worst mistake ever! Since being on this pill (for 6 weeks) I've gained 10 lbs, I'm so increadibly moody that I'm constantly fed up with everyone/crying/stressed to the point I can't handle basic every day things without breaking down... My skin looks horrible, I never have acne, and my face, back & chest are covered... I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy..."

JennieK223 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was put on this medication because I suffer from endometriosis related pain as well as extremely irregular periods (I had about 3-5 periods a year versus once a month). I can happily say that I no longer double over in pain, it's still uncomfortable but not unbearable, my periods are also much more consistent. However, I have noticed mood swings that I have never had a problem with before, as well as more than normal breakouts (mostly around my chin and cheeks). I also experienced a bit of nausea the first couple months I was taking it, eating right before you take it helps a lot. Overall it did what my doctor and I set out to initially do, but it does have some side effects i'm not thrilled about."

Anonymous April 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 4 months. I noticed severe side effects almost instantly, but decided to give it some time to work through my body. I have experienced EXTREME mood issues, panic attacks, cramping, fatigue, restlessness, no sex drive, and also terrible acne mostly along my jaw line and my shoulders. It's embarrassing. I am discontinuing the use of this birth control. I cannot continue to be an emotional mess. I want my happy self back again. I am sick of being overly paranoid, depressed, and angry. My boyfriend doesnt understand what this drug is doing to me and just thinks im "crazy", but im not. :( this drug is awful."

Anonymous April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking BC pills the past 12 months and microgestin is the 3rd type I've tried, and also the worst ever. First month ok, hardly any side effects. By the second month I started having severe mood swings to the point me and my BF considered counseling. I cried for no reason, got irritated over every little thing. I also gained weight around my waistline, despite I'm a very very active gal going to the gym 3-4x a week plus super healthy diet. Hair loss and low sex drive were also something I noticed. The worst thing I would say was the ANXIETY ATTACK, it was getting really bad that I was literally gasping for air and having chest pain on a daily basis. I finally decided I had enough of all this. Definitely NOT recommended!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill cause me to gain 10 lbs, strip me of my natural lubricant (dry during sex), abnormal discharge, and irregular periods (I wouldn't have a period for 3 months straight. There was two pros to this pill which prevented me from pregnancy 100% and clears my skin of acne. I did stop taking this pill because of the amount of cons, I switched to a higher dosage bcp and dropped 5 lbs so far :)"

Liltrinh (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on the Microgestin 1/20 pill for about a year now. I am 19 years old. This is the first and only birth control I have tried. From the start of the pills I never had any symptoms of sickness, acne or mood swings. My period always comes 2 days after I take the last pill of the pack on the dot. Very regular. I used to get very heavy periods with absolute horrible cramps and with the pill I got my period very lightly for only 3 days with no cramps. The only downfall is that I gained about 15 pounds on the pill in one year. I have been the same weight for years and within the past year, I noticed a lot of weight gain even with being conscious of what I eat. I am thinking about trying something else due to the weight gain."

Aggey (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "By far, the WORST birth control that I have ever taken. I made the mistake of switching from the ring to this pill and it was practically ruining my life. My sex drive was gone, I had major stomach cramps along with constipation, my mood was terrible and I was always angry or sad, I gained a lot of weight due to the fact that my appetite increased majorly, my periods were abnormal and my skin was the worst it has ever been. Overall, not the right birth control for my body and I stopped in the middle of my pack and I feel 100% better than I was. The only thing it did do good, for me, is I didn't 't get pregnant. Going back to the ring after this nightmare."

sundollxox (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall satisfied. Makes periods predictable. I've always had short periods with bad cramps, took away most cramps but still have pain and soreness. I've noticed no weight change although my appetite changed a lot. Still gives me nausea and headaches. But overall satisfied"

cbizz (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Acne "I initially got put on this birth control because of having hormonal acne around my chin and jawline. I was told it could take around 3 months to start seeing any positive changes, I really havent noticed any change in my acne at all, I'm still getting pimples on my chin, maybe not as many cystic ones that for sure, they're more superficial. However I must say I haven't experienced any bad side effects at all. I was thinking it was going to make me moody and stuff. I got switched to Tri-lo sprintec because I was told it could help more with acne, we will see how that goes."

Angela SG April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "So when i first start taking birth control i was 15. It was my mothers idea and it was supposedly to minimize cramping. Anyways I started gain weight and immediately stopped taking the pills. Zoom forward to 23 yrs old and Im recommended by my gyne to take these pills. Well ive been on this pill for 3 months now and just realized I gained a whooping 20lbs in those 3 months!! And i know for certian ive conciously made better food choices in regards to some modeling events coming up. On top of that my acne has gotten awful in my adult hood but this pill made it worse! I started getting large painful cyistic acne on my forehead. I also experience a decrease in sex drive, fatigue, and increase in vaginal discharge. BEWARE"

AfroWoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from Lo loestrin fe to microgestin fe 1/20 since my new insurance did not cover Lo loestrin. After being on the med for only 2 months, I began to get unusual headaches, unusual cramping, and constant spotting. One day, I had blurry vision and my mom suggested I check my blood pressure with her "at home blood pressure kit." My blood pressure was 140/89 !! I dont have a history of high blood pressure and it does not run in my family. I eat fairly healthy and I am 28 yrs old , 125 pounds, 5'2. I read my microgestrin packet which said that it may raise your blood pressure. I immediately stopped the medication. After about 4 weeks, my blood pressure was back to normal. Keep an eye on your blood pressure when using this medication"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was not a fit for me at all. They told me it would take up to 3 months to regulate me and I took it for 9 months and never became regular. I have always been to the day with my cycle but I never got my period back after nursing my second for a year. This pill made me bleed every two weeks and sometimes once a month. It was all over the place. I got migraines and had major mood swings. I said goodbye to it."

Dscot April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for two weeks and right off the bat I've have trouble sleeping, severe SEVERE mood swings. Terrible anxiety, panic attacks ( have never had one before)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Acne "I was on this prior to my third son and had no trouble. Now I'm back on it and it has been a solid two months of straight acne. Horrible; its all around my mouth and under my eyes. I've never had issues prior to this and I'm hating it. I've also put on around 5 pounds since starting this. I'm a healthy and very active 32 year old."

MrsPrice3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016