Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 175 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 222 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

Review by bee12345:

For Birth Control: Have been on this for about 5 months. At first breasts got larger (about a cup size) and my period got lighter. No other side effects however recently I have been getting very nauseous either a few hours later or the next morning even if i take pill with food. It's to the point where I am unable to hold a conversation with someone because I feel lie I may throw up. However I do have a very sensitive stomach so it could be a combination of the two.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2015 8:58 AM

Review by dancegirl ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm 18 I've been on the pill for a month now and love it. The first pill I took I did get very nauseous but nothing water and a nap couldn't fix. Breasts have gotten a cup size larger, more sexually active but my boyfriend doesn't mind. Haven't had any pregnancy scares, but I have not had a period yet. I switched from the Depo shot to the pill and I like the pill a lot more. Just need to remember to take it everyday around the same time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2015 2:22 PM

Review by Tara Mango Pineapple:

For Birth Control: Been on this for a week now. So far my acne has cleared up. Breasts have noticeably gotten larger. Sex drive is definitely higher (and more enjoyable). Some food cravings but not larger appetite. Just want certain things. Had slight tension headaches and mild nausea first few days, however increasing my water intake helped dissipate these symptoms. Slight moodiness first few days similar to PMS but less intense. Some loose stools. On day 8 and feeling great. The body was just getting used to the new hormones. The boyfriend loves the noticeably larger breasts and increased sex drive.

April 24, 2015 11:21 PM

Review by Britini12:

For Birth Control: Been on this pill for almost a month now and I love it so far!!! I had acne before and now I have literally no pimples. Its awesome. Not any weight gain or loss and no mood swings.

April 14, 2015 5:37 PM

Review by StarStar895:

For Menstrual Disorders: I've been taking Microgestin for about a month and it was making me spot uncontrollably and it made me short of breath. ...

March 21, 2015 8:01 PM

Review by Saraaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on it for little over a year now, starting it when I was 17. I was a bit moody at first, but no weight gain, acne did clear up decently. No pregnancy scares with my boyfriend. Definitely lessened cramps and flow once a month. However, after the one week on it each month I have mild cramps and light flow. Happens for a few days then back to nothing. Still have a period each month but pain and flow greatly reduced.

February 20, 2015 7:11 AM

Review by Mood Swinger (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: This medicine is effective and does the job of "birth control". However, I still have cramps and I have emotional breakdowns the few days before my period comes. I turn into an either sad or extremely angry person and I cannot take no for an answer. I am considering switching medications if this does not change. It is beginning to ruin relationships.

February 7, 2015 10:57 AM

Review by Kk95:

For Birth Control: Been on this pill for three weeks. The first week I had headaches and nausea and almost quit taking it due to the side effects but my body adjusted. I have a lot of digestive tract issues but this works for me. I have grown almost a cup size and on certain days have tenderness. My sex drive is a lot higher than normal. I had some spotting and a few minor breakouts during the second week. So far so good. I'm 19 and this is my first birth control. No complaints so far, its worth trying.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by Lna14:

For Menstrual Disorders: I'm 22 and this is the 1st time I've been on birth control. I've always had irregular periods, missing them for 2-3 months so that I would only get 5-6 periods the whole year. I have had no side effects at all with Microgestin. During the placebo week, I actually got my period on time as predicted and it only lasted for about 4 days. I'm used to it being very heavy and lasting a week. During the end of the 2nd week and throughout the 3rd week of the pills, I had brown discharge but that usually happens before I have my period. Overall, no complaints and it seems to be working!

January 11, 2015 12:24 AM

Review by College Student (taken for less than 1 month):

For Menstrual Disorders: About me: 20yo, dysmenorrhea, 30lbs overweight I have only been on this medication a short time but I feel great. In fact, next to nothing can upset me. I do wonder if some of the confusion I'm feeling is related to the medication (or perhaps just the beginning of the semester). I also notice some insomnia which again may or may not be related to the medicine. After some research though, I did notice that the canker sores that I have developed are related to the birth control. They aren't unbearable but they are certainly inconvenient. My acne is clearing up and I don't feel as hungry as I used to. I also haven't noticed a change in my sex drive but I don't have much of one to begin with so there's that.

January 8, 2015 10:00 PM

Review by Rachel dif:

For Birth Control: Im 18 and don't like this pill the first week of side effects was horrible I couldn't even get up. I've been taking it for 3 months and only got my period 1 time ... I don't like that because it scares me. I gained like 15 pounds and been so depressed. I will be switching soon

January 7, 2015 9:04 PM

Review by jackieeee:

For Birth Control: I have finished my first packed of this birth control and honestly haven't really had any side effects. I was afraid at first of starting because of all the reviews I've read online about the mood swings and such but I haven't experienced any. The only side effect I did notice was random spotting (bleeding). It's not a lot though. Overall so far I am pleased with this birth control, this is actually my first birth control I am taking. By the way I am 18 years old.

December 28, 2014 4:49 AM

Review by CH1008 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I'm 17 and this is my first birth control pill ever and I've only been on it for 4 weeks. I'm currently experiencing my first period on the pill. Before I was on birth control I had extremely terrible cramps as most people in my family do. However this period has been GREAT. No cramps and my flow is extremely light and easy. The only downside is that when I gain weight it sticks and stays which is abnormal because my weigh used to fluctuate and my attitude is a little bit more raw and sensitive. With that being said this pill was a great fit for me , I'd recommend it!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by My details:

For Birth Control: I had been on Aviane for years but my medical insurance changed and my doctor switched me to Microgestin. I've always been an emotional person, so I couldn't tell you if that has changed, but my periods are light if I get it at all. 2 months out of the 6 I didn't even bleed, which I don't mind one bit! My sex drive is at its peak, so no negative effects in that department. Overall, no complaints.

December 14, 2014 7:52 PM

Review by Not pregnant but... (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I gained about 10-12 lbs and couldn't lose it which is weird since I eat very raw and workout hard 4-5 times aweek. As soon as I switched I lost it immediately. I also stopped getting huge cysts all over my body.

December 13, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by haikyfsdfs (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Endometriosis: During the first 2-3 weeks of starting this, I had a slight headache but that's a given when starting a new medication. I've been taking this for 8 months and I've put on 15 pounds. (Diet & physical activity has not changed) No more sex drive, I'm more moody about anything and everything, and I get acne really easily. I am only taking this to help my endometriosis and it gets the job done so dealing with these side effects really isn't bad at all compared to dealing with endometriosis without pain medications.

December 11, 2014 6:08 PM

Review by Jackie876:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 6 months and have had a very positive experience. I was scared to try this pill because of some of the bad reviews but decided to anyway. I have not experienced any of the crazy side effects that some say they have. The only major side effect I have is my breasts have grown a size, which I am not mad about. In the first month or so I noticed a couple pounds of weight gain, (I am pretty petite so I was a little worried) but I kept aware of my eating habits, and my weight went back to normal quickly. My skin has cleared up drastically, though I often get a pimple or 2 during the off week. This may not be for everyone, but it's been great for me. And it's free.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 12:30 PM

Review by miss__E:

For Endometriosis: My doctor recommended me to take this birth control pill as I was diagnosed with endometriosis outside of my ovary and had to get a large cyst removed. So far since I've recently started these hormones I have been feeling great. I just noticed that it makes me very hungry, but my mood has been excellent. Feeling great can't complain.

December 8, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by Alexa123123:

For Birth Control: Just finishing my first pack with this medication and I have to say, it's working great for me. I'm 20 years old and this was my first time on a hormonal birth control. I chose to get on it for birth control, to help acne, and to regulate my period. Needless to say, I was scared to try it and was worried about side effects. My first week was probably the hardest. I bled for the first 2 days pretty heavy then it stopped. I had nausea on and off for the first week and a half or so, sometimes lasting all day. I could tell my body was a little thrown off but it subsided by week two. Since then, its been smooth sailing and I feel adjusted and perfectly myself on it. Nothing but a good experience for me so far!

November 22, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by lala11213 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I love this pill! I have been taking birth control for over two years now. The first few months I was on Lo Loestrin Fe, I wasn't crazy about it, so I switched over to Microgestin 1\20 Fe and my period is perfect. I know exactly what day its coming and what time its coming, it's like clockwork. I take the pill around the same time every day and have had no problems! I love it and highly suggest this birth control. Periods are two and a half days and its spotting.

November 17, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by bthom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

There are a lot of negative reviews, so I thought I would share my experience, because I was freaked out before going on it after reading reviews. Just remember, everyone is different. I've been on this birth control now for a little over 2 months. My experience has been overall pretty good-- mild nausea first 2 weeks, a few hours after taking it, (I would say at worst a 4/10). I would suggest taking it before bed, that's definitely helped and literally zero libido, so that really has sucked. Other than that, no other side effects.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by crysf6028 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I been on this pill for a little over 4 months now so far so good up until today I had the worst experience ever. I was having a bad mood or anxiety attack. I had company over and I felt so overwhelmed. I lost focused and wondered off into space. I couldn't focus properly. I also felt so tensed up and just wanted to scream. When my company left I felt short of breath and my whole body felt so achy. I almost called for medical help. I finally gathered myself together and called my friend who is a nurse. The first thing she asked is which birth control are you taking.? She knew exactly why I was going crazy. It makes me so moody but never this bad.

October 3, 2014 12:57 AM

Review by devon99:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 3 weeks and already can't wait to switch to something else. After the first week I became severely depressed with heavy mood swings and no sex drive at all. I cried at everything. I felt nauseous almost every day.

October 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Review by Jocey1990:

For Birth Control: Well the first 2 months on Microgestin Fe 1/20 my period didn't regulate until the third month. I started the 4th month pack & got my period a week before & it's a super light flow. I called my doctor & they prescribed me a higher dosage 1.5/30 and they said for sure my period should cut off & regulate. But I didn't have any side effects or weight gain or bad acne. I'm going to finish this first pack if I don't like it then I'll switch to Aviane.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 7:29 PM

Review by JNVW:

For Acne: When I first started this medicine, I would get headaches and feel super sleepy within the first 5 minutes of taking it. But those side effects subsided as I got to my next pill pack. Probably the worst part of this medication is that it caused me to have more and consistent acne than before (which is one reason why I wanted birth control in the first place). Along with acne, Microgestin Fe 1/20 caused the skin above my upper lip to darken (known as Melasma). It wasn't too noticeable at first, but as summer went on, and with more sun, it got worse. It was effective as a birth control and good with period regulation but I wasn't pleased with the negative side-effects AT ALL so I have recently switched over to Gianvi.

September 1, 2014 10:13 PM