User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 161 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 178 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 244 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control, i started fairly recently. I was fine the first couple days but i was awakened a little past midnight and threw up everything I had throughout the day. I take my pills everyday at 7:30 P.M. That and the lack of appetite is the only side effects i've had. No vaginal bleeding as of yet, no dizziness or hairlose, nothing else."

Manda catherine July 31, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Ladies, please realize you are putting synthetic chemicals into your body. It is completely normal to have side affects, your body won't regulate the pill until after about 3-4 months of consistent pill taking. I have been on microgestion for about 2-3 years and it lightened my period, helped my cramps, and helped my mood swings. However the success of the pill depends on how it reacts with your body. Give these pills a chance (3-4 months) otherwise you won't find one that works. You can't expect it to work within a month."

Sydney284 July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Microgestin for almost 3 years, and the only side effect I ever had was that it cleared up my acne completely. My periods are very light now and extremely regular, as opposed to being heavy and sporadic before. Have had constant unprotected sex for 3 years and have never had a scare whatsoever. Oh and it's free with my insurance. 100% win."

Hannahjay July 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Man. It hasn't been a month & my body is all out of wack. Mood swings, lack of sex drive, extreme hunger within minutes of taking the pill, headaches, dry mouth & vagina! "

BunnieBaby (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "When I got put on it "mild hair loss on scalp" was listed as a possible side effect. Lost half my hair, was scared to go off of it. They do not warn that if aleopecia runs in your family DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! Later, of course, they changed it to just say "scalp hair loss" and took out the mild. A year too late. Have been on it a long time, and now it turns out that half the hair loss I have accrued is permanent. I am 20 years old. Judging from my family, I did not need to lose my hair until at least 35. This pill gave me migraines, made me anxious, panic attacks, (I have lost so many jobs just because I cry in the middle of a work day), the worst, longest depression I have ever had. For a year and a half I suffered. Now I'm bald. Hate it."

LizzieClems July 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Unhappy with this birth control been on it for 2 weeks continuous bleeding and mood swings. Day 1 starter started this pill on my first day of period and ive been bleeding since..my normal period before this birth control was 5-6 days tops. Took it to avoid pregnancy but now I'm suffering. I Dont even want sex anymore. Seriously considering throwing the pills away..won't need it anyway sex is the farthest thing from my mind after taking this pill"

Bonniedadiva (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Microgestin last month. This is the first time ive ever had birth control. It is easy to take and it tastes like sugar. But i started bleeding this week, and it has been sooooo heavy. My period is never this heavy. I am bleeding through a super tampon in 4 hours. It might be normal... but im not sure."

Kimchislice July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I read a lot of reviews so was so scared cuz it seem like a bad pill but honestly I love it so much the only side effect I have is dizziness & nauseous but they are minimum after that I feel good. I have been on this pill for a week Today I will report after I finish my pack. BTW this is the 1st birth control pill I ever take"

Teddy...... June 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on LoEstrin Fe 24 for quite some time, and then I guess my insurance didn't pay for it and I ended up switching to Microgestin Fe 1/20. I've been on this birth control for nearly 2 years, and it's done the job with minimal side effects. I've been taking Microgestin consistently with Neurontin and Adderall while also taking it with other various medications. I mainly switched because Lutera was giving me horrible acne and spotting. With Microgestin, my acne has been relatively normal except the last couple of months, which could have been induced by stress. Periods on Microgestin are shorter and sometimes nonexistent. However, my libido hasn't been the same in years since I've been on birth control, so I'm considering the IUD"

justacollegegradsharing (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for a month and a half. The first month was hell, I got really depressed and broke out with acne on my face so I wanted to switch. However, I'm still not pregnant so that's really good. My period has regulated which is awesome, it got irregular from being on the depo shot. My breasts haven't grown any larger, like many of you are reporting. I would recommend this birth control if you don't get depressed easily. I haven't gained any weight only bad mood swings, acne and cravings. I really like this birth control and my doctor recommended being on it for 6 months so that my body can get completely used to it."

Bmedina June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "It made my boobs bigger, ZERO negative side effects, and my period is practically non-existent. It's my favorite birth control I've ever been on. Most birth controls make me have crazy mood swings and gain weight. This one didn't. I will be using this for life."

LadyWalton (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I am very happy with this pill. My periods are practically non-existent, I have no negative side effects that I can speak of and it even made my boobs bigger!"

equiiaddict (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "So I started this birth control a little under 2 months ago. I'm 18 years old and was previously on Generess Fe until my insurance didn't cover it anymore. I've noticed my boobs have started to grow more which is a plus. But I am nauseous all the time. Like I feel disgustingly sick. Also I have insane sugar cravings and really bad mood swings. I haven't had a period on this yet most likely because my body is still adjusting. This birth control is effective considering I'm not pregnant! I'm gonna stick with this for a while longer and see if the nausea has calmed down or gone away."

Taytay295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "The medication is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy, as long as you follow the guidelines of the medication. This is my 3rd month on the pill I have not gained weight or had any serious side effects. I do notice that I get cramps the week of my period but very minor. My period flow is a lot lighter. The only discomfort is breast enlargement and tenderness."

Natasha96 June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "After switching from levora* to which I had the worst experience for 3 months, gained 14 lbs* my doctor decided to prescribe microgestin, I'm in my 2nd pack and so far I've had The only thing good about this pill is my high sex drive and that's it Other than that it's Headaches Short breathe Ache Moody Increased of hunger Weight gain Blurred vision Light periods *good* I seem to have gotten all of the side effects on this pill, but overall it does the job and I'm not prego. But I'm gonna stick around a little more to see how my body does for the last pack."

Anna.kelly June 6, 2015

For Birth Control "When I originally took Microgestin 1/20 by Watson, it was amazing (particularly after the first couple of months of taking when my body got use to it). My breasts went up a cup size & there were little to no side effects. Lighter periods. No pregnancy. WIN! THEN after almost two years, a dark cloud called Actavis became the new manufacturer and shattered my love for Microgestin. Something changed in the formula because I was suddenly sick during the first week of each new pack to the point that I'd throw up at times. Random cramping. Gained about a pd a week - not a deal breaker but still sucks. HEAVY exhausting 2-3 day periods. Two side effects worsened over time: melasma and mood swings. Needless to say, it's goodbye time. Beware!"

TexLady (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "The pill was great until I started having side effects. I'm 32 years old & took the pill for about two years, It regulated my periods like clock work to the point I could plan vacations around it, no nausea & skin was clear. If u skip the placebo pills you won't get a period at all. However the weight gain, constant yeast infections every couple months, & cravings like a crazy pregnant woman was insane. So I stopped skipping the placebo pills & talking the pack strickly as directed purposely watching was I was eating, & stepping my time up in the gym & was still seeing the weight gain & cravings. Eating healthy only made me feel as if wasn't eating enough, not to mention the gas & bloating was ridiculous. My sex drive was incredible!!"

Wonder Woman A (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Have been on this for 3 years now. Started when I was 16. First my boobs grew rapidly 2 cup sizes. It also gained a little weight but not very much and it went away after I was on it a few months, but my breasts have remained larger. Periods are very regular with very little bleeding. I have not always been one to practice save sex... And have had no pregnancy scares."

savy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I like the pill now because most of the side effects have gone away. The first month is the hardest though. My body had a very hard time adjusting to the pill and I had insane mood swings. I went from insanely angry, to sad, and depressed, even considering self harm. I do not feel any of those emotions now but if you are someone who is prone to depression try another pill."

My experience May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on microgestin for over two years now, and have had absolutely no problems with. My period always comes the exact time every month. I used to have bad break outs from time to time, but my skin is perfectly clear now. The only thing I have noticed is mood swings, and increased sex drive. Overall I am very pleased with this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Went on for AWFUL cramps and have completely stopped them! Breasts grew a full cup size, not complaining. Hungry all the time which makes me feel like I'm going to gain weight but I exercise a lot so hopefully that side effect doesn't arise (yet). Breasts are tender occasionally. Light spotting on and off but my periods/cramps have stopped all together. High sex drive, all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Have been on this for about 5 months. At first breasts got larger (about a cup size) and my period got lighter. No other side effects however recently I have been getting very nauseous either a few hours later or the next morning even if i take pill with food. It's to the point where I am unable to hold a conversation with someone because I feel lie I may throw up. However I do have a very sensitive stomach so it could be a combination of the two."

bee12345 May 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18 I've been on the pill for a month now and love it. The first pill I took I did get very nauseous but nothing water and a nap couldn't fix. Breasts have gotten a cup size larger, more sexually active but my boyfriend doesn't mind. Haven't had any pregnancy scares, but I have not had a period yet. I switched from the Depo shot to the pill and I like the pill a lot more. Just need to remember to take it everyday around the same time."

dancegirl ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this for a week now. So far my acne has cleared up. Breasts have noticeably gotten larger. Sex drive is definitely higher (and more enjoyable). Some food cravings but not larger appetite. Just want certain things. Had slight tension headaches and mild nausea first few days, however increasing my water intake helped dissipate these symptoms. Slight moodiness first few days similar to PMS but less intense. Some loose stools. On day 8 and feeling great. The body was just getting used to the new hormones. The boyfriend loves the noticeably larger breasts and increased sex drive."

Tara Mango Pineapple April 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for almost a month now and I love it so far!!! I had acne before and now I have literally no pimples. Its awesome. Not any weight gain or loss and no mood swings."

Britini12 April 14, 2015