User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 161 medications

Postmenopausal Symptoms 0 reviews 181 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 237 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I read a lot of reviews so was so scared cuz it seem like a bad pill but honestly I love it so much the only side effect I have is dizziness & nauseous but they are minimum after that I feel good. I have been on this pill for a week Today I will report after I finish my pack. BTW this is the 1st birth control pill I ever take"

Teddy...... June 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on LoEstrin Fe 24 for quite some time, and then I guess my insurance didn't pay for it and I ended up switching to Microgestin Fe 1/20. I've been on this birth control for nearly 2 years, and it's done the job with minimal side effects. I've been taking Microgestin consistently with Neurontin and Adderall while also taking it with other various medications. I mainly switched because Lutera was giving me horrible acne and spotting. With Microgestin, my acne has been relatively normal except the last couple of months, which could have been induced by stress. Periods on Microgestin are shorter and sometimes nonexistent. However, my libido hasn't been the same in years since I've been on birth control, so I'm considering the IUD"

justacollegegradsharing (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for a month and a half. The first month was hell, I got really depressed and broke out with acne on my face so I wanted to switch. However, I'm still not pregnant so that's really good. My period has regulated which is awesome, it got irregular from being on the depo shot. My breasts haven't grown any larger, like many of you are reporting. I would recommend this birth control if you don't get depressed easily. I haven't gained any weight only bad mood swings, acne and cravings. I really like this birth control and my doctor recommended being on it for 6 months so that my body can get completely used to it."

Bmedina June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "It made my boobs bigger, ZERO negative side effects, and my period is practically non-existent. It's my favorite birth control I've ever been on. Most birth controls make me have crazy mood swings and gain weight. This one didn't. I will be using this for life."

LadyWalton (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I am very happy with this pill. My periods are practically non-existent, I have no negative side effects that I can speak of and it even made my boobs bigger!"

equiiaddict (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

For Birth Control "So I started this birth control a little under 2 months ago. I'm 18 years old and was previously on Generess Fe until my insurance didn't cover it anymore. I've noticed my boobs have started to grow more which is a plus. But I am nauseous all the time. Like I feel disgustingly sick. Also I have insane sugar cravings and really bad mood swings. I haven't had a period on this yet most likely because my body is still adjusting. This birth control is effective considering I'm not pregnant! I'm gonna stick with this for a while longer and see if the nausea has calmed down or gone away."

Taytay295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "The medication is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy, as long as you follow the guidelines of the medication. This is my 3rd month on the pill I have not gained weight or had any serious side effects. I do notice that I get cramps the week of my period but very minor. My period flow is a lot lighter. The only discomfort is breast enlargement and tenderness."

Natasha96 June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "After switching from levora* to which I had the worst experience for 3 months, gained 14 lbs* my doctor decided to prescribe microgestin, I'm in my 2nd pack and so far I've had The only thing good about this pill is my high sex drive and that's it Other than that it's Headaches Short breathe Ache Moody Increased of hunger Weight gain Blurred vision Light periods *good* I seem to have gotten all of the side effects on this pill, but overall it does the job and I'm not prego. But I'm gonna stick around a little more to see how my body does for the last pack."

Anna.kelly June 6, 2015

For Birth Control "When I originally took Microgestin 1/20 by Watson, it was amazing (particularly after the first couple of months of taking when my body got use to it). My breasts went up a cup size & there were little to no side effects. Lighter periods. No pregnancy. WIN! THEN after almost two years, a dark cloud called Actavis became the new manufacturer and shattered my love for Microgestin. Something changed in the formula because I was suddenly sick during the first week of each new pack to the point that I'd throw up at times. Random cramping. Gained about a pd a week - not a deal breaker but still sucks. HEAVY exhausting 2-3 day periods. Two side effects worsened over time: melasma and mood swings. Needless to say, it's goodbye time. Beware!"

TexLady (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "The pill was great until I started having side effects. I'm 32 years old & took the pill for about two years, It regulated my periods like clock work to the point I could plan vacations around it, no nausea & skin was clear. If u skip the placebo pills you won't get a period at all. However the weight gain, constant yeast infections every couple months, & cravings like a crazy pregnant woman was insane. So I stopped skipping the placebo pills & talking the pack strickly as directed purposely watching was I was eating, & stepping my time up in the gym & was still seeing the weight gain & cravings. Eating healthy only made me feel as if wasn't eating enough, not to mention the gas & bloating was ridiculous. My sex drive was incredible!!"

Wonder Woman A (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Have been on this for 3 years now. Started when I was 16. First my boobs grew rapidly 2 cup sizes. It also gained a little weight but not very much and it went away after I was on it a few months, but my breasts have remained larger. Periods are very regular with very little bleeding. I have not always been one to practice save sex... And have had no pregnancy scares."

savy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I like the pill now because most of the side effects have gone away. The first month is the hardest though. My body had a very hard time adjusting to the pill and I had insane mood swings. I went from insanely angry, to sad, and depressed, even considering self harm. I do not feel any of those emotions now but if you are someone who is prone to depression try another pill."

My experience May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on microgestin for over two years now, and have had absolutely no problems with. My period always comes the exact time every month. I used to have bad break outs from time to time, but my skin is perfectly clear now. The only thing I have noticed is mood swings, and increased sex drive. Overall I am very pleased with this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Went on for AWFUL cramps and have completely stopped them! Breasts grew a full cup size, not complaining. Hungry all the time which makes me feel like I'm going to gain weight but I exercise a lot so hopefully that side effect doesn't arise (yet). Breasts are tender occasionally. Light spotting on and off but my periods/cramps have stopped all together. High sex drive, all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Have been on this for about 5 months. At first breasts got larger (about a cup size) and my period got lighter. No other side effects however recently I have been getting very nauseous either a few hours later or the next morning even if i take pill with food. It's to the point where I am unable to hold a conversation with someone because I feel lie I may throw up. However I do have a very sensitive stomach so it could be a combination of the two."

bee12345 May 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18 I've been on the pill for a month now and love it. The first pill I took I did get very nauseous but nothing water and a nap couldn't fix. Breasts have gotten a cup size larger, more sexually active but my boyfriend doesn't mind. Haven't had any pregnancy scares, but I have not had a period yet. I switched from the Depo shot to the pill and I like the pill a lot more. Just need to remember to take it everyday around the same time."

dancegirl ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this for a week now. So far my acne has cleared up. Breasts have noticeably gotten larger. Sex drive is definitely higher (and more enjoyable). Some food cravings but not larger appetite. Just want certain things. Had slight tension headaches and mild nausea first few days, however increasing my water intake helped dissipate these symptoms. Slight moodiness first few days similar to PMS but less intense. Some loose stools. On day 8 and feeling great. The body was just getting used to the new hormones. The boyfriend loves the noticeably larger breasts and increased sex drive."

Tara Mango Pineapple April 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for almost a month now and I love it so far!!! I had acne before and now I have literally no pimples. Its awesome. Not any weight gain or loss and no mood swings."

Britini12 April 14, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking Microgestin for about a month and it was making me spot uncontrollably and it made me short of breath. ..."

StarStar895 March 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 18 and I've been on Microgestin for a little over a year now. In summary, it is a good contraceptive and it cleared up my acne, but it is completely ineffective at regulating my menstrual cycle. Although it is an effective method of birth control, my periods have been all over the place since I have been on this pill (and they used to be pretty regular) and I had a pregnancy scare a few months ago because I missed my period and only had some light brown discharge the week prior to when it was supposed to come. Ever since, my period has come 5-12 days earlier than it's supposed to. Because of this, I have no idea when I'm more fertile. I have never missed a pill but this still happens :("

Safe sex is great sex March 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on it for little over a year now, starting it when I was 17. I was a bit moody at first, but no weight gain, acne did clear up decently. No pregnancy scares with my boyfriend. Definitely lessened cramps and flow once a month. However, after the one week on it each month I have mild cramps and light flow. Happens for a few days then back to nothing. Still have a period each month but pain and flow greatly reduced."

Saraaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2015

For Birth Control "This medicine is effective and does the job of "birth control". However, I still have cramps and I have emotional breakdowns the few days before my period comes. I turn into an either sad or extremely angry person and I cannot take no for an answer. I am considering switching medications if this does not change. It is beginning to ruin relationships."

Mood Swinger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this pill for three weeks. The first week I had headaches and nausea and almost quit taking it due to the side effects but my body adjusted. I have a lot of digestive tract issues but this works for me. I have grown almost a cup size and on certain days have tenderness. My sex drive is a lot higher than normal. I had some spotting and a few minor breakouts during the second week. So far so good. I'm 19 and this is my first birth control. No complaints so far, its worth trying."

Kk95 February 2, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I'm 22 and this is the 1st time I've been on birth control. I've always had irregular periods, missing them for 2-3 months so that I would only get 5-6 periods the whole year. I have had no side effects at all with Microgestin. During the placebo week, I actually got my period on time as predicted and it only lasted for about 4 days. I'm used to it being very heavy and lasting a week. During the end of the 2nd week and throughout the 3rd week of the pills, I had brown discharge but that usually happens before I have my period. Overall, no complaints and it seems to be working!"

Lna14 January 11, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "About me: 20yo, dysmenorrhea, 30lbs overweight I have only been on this medication a short time but I feel great. In fact, next to nothing can upset me. I do wonder if some of the confusion I'm feeling is related to the medication (or perhaps just the beginning of the semester). I also notice some insomnia which again may or may not be related to the medicine. After some research though, I did notice that the canker sores that I have developed are related to the birth control. They aren't unbearable but they are certainly inconvenient. My acne is clearing up and I don't feel as hungry as I used to. I also haven't noticed a change in my sex drive but I don't have much of one to begin with so there's that."

College Student (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2015