User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Menstrual Disorders 16 reviews 71 medications

5.2
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 10 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Microgestin Fe 1/20 reviews 341 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "This is the third week I have been on this pill. Absolutely worst birth control I have ever taken. I have been having really bad pains in my chest like the left side where my heart is. Shortness of breath, pains in my breast, and mind grains on a daily basis. I am stopping this pill as of today. I think I will just use condoms because I not putting my life at risk again."

Jazzy93 May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "TERRIBLE! NEVER AGAIN! I switched to this pill after being in the mini pill because I stopped breastfeeding. This was the worst mistake ever! Since being on this pill (for 6 weeks) I've gained 10 lbs, I'm so increadibly moody that I'm constantly fed up with everyone/crying/stressed to the point I can't handle basic every day things without breaking down... My skin looks horrible, I never have acne, and my face, back & chest are covered... I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy..."

JennieK223 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was put on this medication because I suffer from endometriosis related pain as well as extremely irregular periods (I had about 3-5 periods a year versus once a month). I can happily say that I no longer double over in pain, it's still uncomfortable but not unbearable, my periods are also much more consistent. However, I have noticed mood swings that I have never had a problem with before, as well as more than normal breakouts (mostly around my chin and cheeks). I also experienced a bit of nausea the first couple months I was taking it, eating right before you take it helps a lot. Overall it did what my doctor and I set out to initially do, but it does have some side effects i'm not thrilled about."

Anonymous April 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 4 months. I noticed severe side effects almost instantly, but decided to give it some time to work through my body. I have experienced EXTREME mood issues, panic attacks, cramping, fatigue, restlessness, no sex drive, and also terrible acne mostly along my jaw line and my shoulders. It's embarrassing. I am discontinuing the use of this birth control. I cannot continue to be an emotional mess. I want my happy self back again. I am sick of being overly paranoid, depressed, and angry. My boyfriend doesnt understand what this drug is doing to me and just thinks im "crazy", but im not. :( this drug is awful."

Anonymous April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking BC pills the past 12 months and microgestin is the 3rd type I've tried, and also the worst ever. First month ok, hardly any side effects. By the second month I started having severe mood swings to the point me and my BF considered counseling. I cried for no reason, got irritated over every little thing. I also gained weight around my waistline, despite I'm a very very active gal going to the gym 3-4x a week plus super healthy diet. Hair loss and low sex drive were also something I noticed. The worst thing I would say was the ANXIETY ATTACK, it was getting really bad that I was literally gasping for air and having chest pain on a daily basis. I finally decided I had enough of all this. Definitely NOT recommended!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill cause me to gain 10 lbs, strip me of my natural lubricant (dry during sex), abnormal discharge, and irregular periods (I wouldn't have a period for 3 months straight. There was two pros to this pill which prevented me from pregnancy 100% and clears my skin of acne. I did stop taking this pill because of the amount of cons, I switched to a higher dosage bcp and dropped 5 lbs so far :)"

Liltrinh (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on the Microgestin 1/20 pill for about a year now. I am 19 years old. This is the first and only birth control I have tried. From the start of the pills I never had any symptoms of sickness, acne or mood swings. My period always comes 2 days after I take the last pill of the pack on the dot. Very regular. I used to get very heavy periods with absolute horrible cramps and with the pill I got my period very lightly for only 3 days with no cramps. The only downfall is that I gained about 15 pounds on the pill in one year. I have been the same weight for years and within the past year, I noticed a lot of weight gain even with being conscious of what I eat. I am thinking about trying something else due to the weight gain."

Aggey (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "By far, the WORST birth control that I have ever taken. I made the mistake of switching from the ring to this pill and it was practically ruining my life. My sex drive was gone, I had major stomach cramps along with constipation, my mood was terrible and I was always angry or sad, I gained a lot of weight due to the fact that my appetite increased majorly, my periods were abnormal and my skin was the worst it has ever been. Overall, not the right birth control for my body and I stopped in the middle of my pack and I feel 100% better than I was. The only thing it did do good, for me, is I didn't 't get pregnant. Going back to the ring after this nightmare."

sundollxox (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall satisfied. Makes periods predictable. I've always had short periods with bad cramps, took away most cramps but still have pain and soreness. I've noticed no weight change although my appetite changed a lot. Still gives me nausea and headaches. But overall satisfied"

cbizz (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2016

For Acne "I initially got put on this birth control because of having hormonal acne around my chin and jawline. I was told it could take around 3 months to start seeing any positive changes, I really havent noticed any change in my acne at all, I'm still getting pimples on my chin, maybe not as many cystic ones that for sure, they're more superficial. However I must say I haven't experienced any bad side effects at all. I was thinking it was going to make me moody and stuff. I got switched to Tri-lo sprintec because I was told it could help more with acne, we will see how that goes."

Angela SG April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "So when i first start taking birth control i was 15. It was my mothers idea and it was supposedly to minimize cramping. Anyways I started gain weight and immediately stopped taking the pills. Zoom forward to 23 yrs old and Im recommended by my gyne to take these pills. Well ive been on this pill for 3 months now and just realized I gained a whooping 20lbs in those 3 months!! And i know for certian ive conciously made better food choices in regards to some modeling events coming up. On top of that my acne has gotten awful in my adult hood but this pill made it worse! I started getting large painful cyistic acne on my forehead. I also experience a decrease in sex drive, fatigue, and increase in vaginal discharge. BEWARE"

AfroWoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from Lo loestrin fe to microgestin fe 1/20 since my new insurance did not cover Lo loestrin. After being on the med for only 2 months, I began to get unusual headaches, unusual cramping, and constant spotting. One day, I had blurry vision and my mom suggested I check my blood pressure with her "at home blood pressure kit." My blood pressure was 140/89 !! I dont have a history of high blood pressure and it does not run in my family. I eat fairly healthy and I am 28 yrs old , 125 pounds, 5'2. I read my microgestrin packet which said that it may raise your blood pressure. I immediately stopped the medication. After about 4 weeks, my blood pressure was back to normal. Keep an eye on your blood pressure when using this medication"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was not a fit for me at all. They told me it would take up to 3 months to regulate me and I took it for 9 months and never became regular. I have always been to the day with my cycle but I never got my period back after nursing my second for a year. This pill made me bleed every two weeks and sometimes once a month. It was all over the place. I got migraines and had major mood swings. I said goodbye to it."

Dscot April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for two weeks and right off the bat I've have trouble sleeping, severe SEVERE mood swings. Terrible anxiety, panic attacks ( have never had one before)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2016

For Acne "I was on this prior to my third son and had no trouble. Now I'm back on it and it has been a solid two months of straight acne. Horrible; its all around my mouth and under my eyes. I've never had issues prior to this and I'm hating it. I've also put on around 5 pounds since starting this. I'm a healthy and very active 32 year old."

MrsPrice3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I wanted to write a review because I was researching this pill for my GWS class and I noticed a lot of people new to the pill experiencing problems. I have been on this pill for 5 years and while I didn't experience any terrible side effects in the beginning (that I recall) this pill has helped me a lot in 5 years. I originally took it to cure my severe acne but it also helped with my severe cramps and heavy bleeding. Now five years later my skin is the clearest it has ever been, I haven't had a legit cramp in probably two years, and my periods only last about 4 days with minimal bleeding. All in all I would highly recommend this pill."

ayyy (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I took this pill for about 3 years with little side effects (some weight gain). About midway through 2015 I noticed the manufacturer changed. They must have not stuck to the original formula because I gradually started to break out in hormonal chin acne for the remaining year that of which I never had when the manufacture was Watson. I eventually got desperate and changed birth control for this problem and the break out have minimized considerably. If anyone has struggled with bad skin, I suggest taking Sprintec as that helped for the acne this pill caused."

Rociohm87 March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I been in the pill for almost a week now . My face got very clear but my lips have always been dry and I have a black dot on my bottom lip that came after I took theses pills ."

Twesson1129 (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I'll admit, the first couple of months are terrible but once you get over that hump, it's really amazing. I've always had extremely heavy, painful periods and I've always been prone to ovarian cysts every 6 months. It's month 8 on Microgestin and not only are my periods lighter but my face doesn't break out and I've lost 16lbs. This stuff has honestly changed my life."

Cherrybaby (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control made my face really clear. When I get my period..I get tiny pimples here & there but it's nothing serious. Before the birth control my menstrual cramps used to sooooo painful! Now I barely have cramps. The con of this pill is low sex drive. I rarely have sex with my boyfriend and when I do, it burns after. That never happened before the pill."

K111 March 21, 2016

For Endometriosis "Well my expeirence so far has been really bad, I have had excessive weight gain, Acne breakouts here and their not too bad though, Ive had no period for a long time but now im somewhat bleeding and its not even heavy, The bad thing is im getting really bad ovary cramps, I feel very bad with mood swings their driving me crazy and im eating like im pregnant. I have pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant -.-... I dont know i wouldnt recommend this for anyone but i half to suffer on it for like 2-3 more months."

Princess. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Growing up my periods were always irregular. First, they came randomly throughout the year and lasted about 7 days w/ minimal cramps. I'd probably have 3 cycles a year. Then I experienced the polar opposite. I would have a period 3 months at a time then stop the rest of the year. Things worsened and 3 months became 6, so I reached out to a doctor and they suggested this. Now, my periods are regular, light, short (4-5 days), no cramps, but I will still get this one bump under my chin (I've experienced this same bump before microgestin). This isn't a problem. It typically goes away and my skin is back to normal until next month. I've noticed that I get food cravings now. All in all, I've had a good experience. No nausea, pain, or bad acne."

20 Year Old (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I've never taken birth control before , I was always scared too. I'm not sure how I feel about my experience with this. I'm on my last 3 pills before the Brown ones , and this week I've started experiencing light bleeding. Also this week I have started to experience depression for lack of better words. I've never really been an emotional person , but this pill has made me super emotional , I literally have cried at the drop of a dime this entire week. I wasn't sure if it was just the things going on in my life or if it was this but after I've read the reviews I've narrowed it down to it being this. I haven't experienced any weight gain though I think. I haven't weighted myself , but my boyfriend has told me that I'm looking smaller now .."

Turbeville March 10, 2016

For Acne "Absolutely terrible. I got cystic acne and I now have scars. I was never prone to acne before, just the occasional pimple. My breakouts now cover a part of my cheek that contain about 10 pimples at once. Terrible."

Mandy3455 March 3, 2016

For Birth Control "It's about to be my third week on it and the only reason I'm writing this review is because it's a third week of hell. I have been on my period the entire time and it's very annoying. Today I had such a strong feeling of depression. I haven't cried so much in a long time and I've been crying on and off for hours about minor things. I'm going to wait this birth control out for a few months to see if my body adjusts but I hope it's worth it because so far I feel awful."

$av March 2, 2016