User Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Microgestin Fe 1/20.

Microgestin Fe 1/20 Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 138 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Microgestin Fe 1/20 to treat Endometriosis

"During the first 2-3 weeks of starting this, I had a slight headache but that's a given when starting a new medication. I've been taking this for 8 months and I've put on 15 pounds. (Diet & physical activity has not changed) No more sex drive, I'm more moody about anything and everything, and I get acne really easily. I am only taking this to help my endometriosis and it gets the job done so dealing with these side effects really isn't bad at all compared to dealing with endometriosis without pain medications."

haikyfsdfs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2014

"My doctor recommended me to take this birth control pill as I was diagnosed with endometriosis outside of my ovary and had to get a large cyst removed. So far since I've recently started these hormones I have been feeling great. I just noticed that it makes me very hungry, but my mood has been excellent. Feeling great can't complain."

miss__E December 8, 2014

"As I aged, and after my son born by c-section my periods were getting more painful, where it was hard to function the day I got my period. I saw my dr who found endometriosis and recommended a hysterectomy or the pill. Microgestin FE it is! It has been WONDERFUL. I am skipping the placebo week and taking a pill every day. I haven't had a period in a year, and I feel amazing. Acne has also cleared. Two not so great things: Gas. All day, every day, and a sweet tooth that was never there before. I have not gained any weight in a year, but I work out pretty regularly. So happy with my pill regimen."

2014Mel April 19, 2014

"I was experiencing long and heavy periods to a point of becoming anemic with a hemoglobin 6.1, this pill was recommended by my Nurse practitioner, it stopped my period on my first dose. So far the only side effects I have experienced are: mild nausea for about an hour after I take it (so I take it at nights) constipation (I incorporated intake of 5 prunes to my daily diet); sweet cravings (instead I drink black unsweetened coffee or tea and makes my sweet cravings go away). My mood is positive!"

Dila (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2014

"Stopped my period and feel great. Only side effect is gained 5-10 lbs."

Ianonymous July 24, 2013

"I started Microgestin 1/20 at age 38 for painful periods due to endometriosis. The first two days I was so sick, but it went away. I think my situation is unique because I was put on this pill to reduce periods. I skip the placebo pill week, and continue onto the next pack of active pills to avoid a period. Its amazing! My "gut" finally feels great! A few not so great things: 5 LB. weight gain almost immediately. GAS. I became really gassy. Not cute. Not sure how to deal with that. SWEET TOOTH. Never had it before. Now I've got one. Overall, I'm pleased."

1975MelissaU (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2013

"Completely helped me with pain from endometriosis."

jenniejen April 13, 2012

"I've tried this pill twice. Both times, my doctor had to take me off and put me on something else because after 2-3 months, it stops working properly. The first few months are great - very little PMS, 4 day light bleeds, and good sex drive. After 3 months, I dried up, lost interest in sex, and PMS symptoms turned into PMDD symptoms. I started to get migraines, flu-like body aches, 5-6 day heavy bleeds with clots. And if I missed a pill! My period would start within 3 days, even if doubled up to get back on track. Basically, I was having 1 good week out of a whole month."

Anonymous June 1, 2011