User Reviews for Loestrin Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Loestrin Fe 1/20.

Birth Control 3 reviews 275 medications

8.7
Acne 2 reviews 519 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 1 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Loestrin Fe 1/20 reviews 6 reviews 3.9

Reviews for Loestrin Fe 1/20

For Acne "THIS IS THE WORST PILL I've suffered from mild to severe acne most of my life(lol but I am only 18) and my face was just starting to clear up, and I heard birth control could do the last steps to doing so and getting rid of my acne once in for all. Not to mention my periods were so out of cycle and came whenever they felt like. I got prescribe Lo Loestrin Fe by my gynecologist, first week was fine, but by the second week I started getting painful cysts on my chin and the following week all over my cheeks. After the first month, painful cysts on my forehead. It's gotten to the point where I am embarrassed to be seen at school or even put my hair up. Tonight I am stopping the pill on going back on my normal acne medication."

Alyssa McCay April 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Loestrin (and the other generic brands like Junel) for about a year and a half and I'm satisfied with it. I haven't tried any other birth control prior to Loestrin, so maybe that's why it's hard for me to give a comparative judgment. I can say that in terms of excessive weight gain, acne, or mood swings, Loestrin didn't cause me to experience any of these, contrary to some of the posts that I've read on here. Also, I take my pill every morning on an empty stomach and don't experience any nausea or anything like that. It has also regulated my hormones so my PMS is not as extreme as it used to be before taking the pill. Only con is that I have experienced occasional break through spotting before my cycle some months."

tina12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this for years for birth control and heavy periods. It worked great for me. Since I am going through another system it's not available anymore to me. I used the generic form Junel FE 1-20 Tablet. It lightened my flow and prevented pregnancy. My acne, I can't really say if it helped it."

Kdream (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been on Beyaz for 4 years before this pill until my health insurance changed and could no longer cover it. The pros and cons are about half and half for me for Loestrin. I did gain weight on this...about 7 pounds, of course all around the love handle/lower stomach/thigh area. My acne is WAY worse. However, aside from those 2 negatives I like this pill more than Beyaz because I definitely have a better mood, more energy, and a higher sex drive/wetness. My periods are also lighter and shorter."

Cleverhalie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Acne "This pill is probably good for a lot of people but it is not good for acne prone people. I was constantly breaking out on this pill with horrible, painful cysts. The lower amount of estrogen in this pill is better for a lot of women but it severely aggravated my acne. Right after I switched to a higher estrogen dose pill, my acne cleared up. The only thing I liked about this pill was it gave me very short and light periods."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2012

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "This pill has given me nothing but trouble. I am now double dosing until my D&C to see if it will stop the bleeding that it caused me for over a month. I should have just lived with the irregular cycles instead of this constant bleeding!"

Anonymous September 29, 2011

"The pill worked very well. I had been taking it for three months and never got pregnant. I have always had headaches just not that often as I do now. I have had them for 3 weeks straight and only one of those days I did not have a headache. Now looking up this info on the pill I believe this is what is causing them. My headaches have got worse over the last three months."

danigurl2687 June 3, 2009