Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 152 medications used in the treatment of Endometriosis.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Endometriosis

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've been on Loestrin 24 FE for two years now. I have a moderate case of endometriosis and this has been fantastic. The first two, maybe three months on it were a little iffy- I experienced nausea and emotional problems, but significantly less pain. Everything's been peachy ever since. I only need to take one or two Midols to get through each period.

February 26, 2013 10:44 PM

Review by Holbrooks (taken for 10 years or more):

I am 52 years old I have endometrosis and have been on Loestrin for many years. I take it continuously to keep from flooding and cramping. Not having a period is wonderful.

January 2, 2013 4:38 PM

I was on this pill for 4 months. The pros: periods were light and predictable. The cons: nausea and hair loss/thinning. After the results of the hair situation I got off of this pill.

December 1, 2012 11:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I was on Loestrin24Fe for just over three years. I stuck with it so long because it made my cramps disappear, cleared up my face, and made my periods from hell go down to pretty much nothing. I still got them every month which was good, but the one thing that bothered me a lot was spotting almost every month! It's driving me crazy. My doctor just put me on Sprintec so we'll see if that helps.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2012 9:15 AM

Review by Krysten:

I have horrible pain during my periods due to endometriosis and I've tried many other drugs to help control it. In August of 2011 I had the laparoscopic surgery to remove some of the endometriosis, this surgery did not help me one bit. So my Doctor put me on Loestrin just recently (Feb. 2012) and the first few days the only side effect I had was nausea and some slight stomach cramping. About 2 weeks into it, I started bleeding - not spotting - not as heavy as period, I'd say it was a good mix. Now I'm having constant cramps, they're pretty intense. They feel somewhat like my pre-period cramps which are terrible due to the endo. I'm just waiting for my period to come and hoping it will be better. But so far the side effects have not been worth it.

February 29, 2012 9:19 AM

I take this continuously for my endrometriosis. It works GREAT. No side effects what so ever, and I have not had any spotting or period in almost a year.

February 11, 2012 10:52 PM

Review by cmwilson35757:

I have been taking this medication since December 14th 2011 for Endometriosis that I was diagnosed with on December 7th 2011. After the first couple of days the nausea started, so I started taking it at night. That was a little better at first. Then my legs started having severe restlessness and pain... It was so bad a couple of times that I almost had to go to the ER. I am now just feeling generally ill. I stopped taking it 2 days ago. Also, I had a tubal and endometrial ablation in 2009 so I'm not taking it for periods or pregnancy.

January 2, 2012 7:01 PM

I LOVED this birth control when I first started it. I was switched from Levora hoping that it would help my endometriosis - that time of the month is very painful for me. This pill worked WONDERFULLY for that. I had minor cramps for two days or so, max. No other side effects too. It made my periods shorter and lighter, and I could easily tell when I was going to start my period and stop it. After a few months the timing went WAY off. My period would come WAY too early, then I'd just be spotting on my placebo pills. It became very unpredictable. It's also pretty expensive as there is no generic. For those reasons I'm now taking Apri. I would recommend this pill though, especially if you have endometriosis.

October 28, 2011 4:48 PM

I just started taking it after my surgery for endometriosis and fibroids, I was suffering for many years with painful cramps. I took it on my first day and started to itch unexpectedly. I continue for 1 week and had to stop taking it because the rash and itching didn't let me do anything. I have a Doctors appointment tomorrow to see if he recommends another one.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2011 11:45 AM

My doctor initially had me taking Loestrin just like a regular pill, to help keep my horrendously painful periods a little shorter and more predictable. However, with endometriosis, even a 4 day period was too much for me. I would be doubled over in pain. It hurt to walk around, sit and forget about even doing anything else. It got to the point I was so terrified of getting my period that I had to do something. So my doctor decided to keep me on Loestrin, but told me to skip the placebo pills and just keep taking the pills continuously. Pro: I have not had a period in months and I am so thankful. Cons: my breasts are constantly heavy and sore, and my nipples sometimes hurt to touch. Small price to pay for endometriosis relief, though.

September 4, 2011 11:36 PM

My doctor prescribed me this for endometriosis, it helps a lot with the pain and bleeding for the most part. I can't take other pills because the hormones make me really sick. I've been taking it for three months. The side effects are pretty bad at first, but it does get better.

April 11, 2011 12:13 AM

Review by CATLOVER1982:

I just started taking it after I was finally diagnosed with endometriosis after suffering for many years with painful cramps. I took it on my first day. Today is my second and I don't have any cramps. Thank goodness I'm not in pain. I'm still bleeding heavy but no pain. We'll see if this continues to work.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2011 11:13 AM

Review by coopchic1982:

I have been taking Loestrin24 for a couple months now and I can honestly say I am very satisfied with the results. I have tried about 4 different birth controls in the last 2 years and with all of them I had experienced alot of side effects. My doctor always put me on moderate to high doses of birth control because of my PCOS, and Endometrosis which then led to more side effects. This is the only pill I have been on that I have experienced no side effects and the best part is I have my sex drive back. I have lost about 10 lbs since taking this but alot of that is water weight from the other birth controls. My periods are very light and there has been minimal cramping as well. I'm very happy.

September 25, 2010 12:19 AM

Review by staciea:

This pill has been awful for me. My doctor prescribed it after my laproscopy and a period of induced menopause due to endometriosis. It has caused major moodiness and I either get my period when it is not supposed to come or don't get it at all. Slight weight gain. My breasts hurt all the time, more than ever! I asked my doctor to switch me to something else. He put me on Notrel 777- and that is great! Hope everybody can find something that works well for their body.

August 21, 2010 8:02 PM

In 2007 I started with Loestrin 24, it worked for about almost two years in controlling the endometriosis pain. Then suddenly the pain came back very strong and I ultimately needed surgical Laporoscopy. I spotted the entire time on Loestrin. Currently looking for another drug to prevent the endometriosis from coming back.

October 23, 2009 3:26 PM

Review by crampt:

My doctor had me continuously take Loestrin 24 to stop having my period altogether (I have endometriosis), which was great! I was doing well but then I started to feel weird after a while and had gained weight so as an experiment I stopped. I went right back to intensely painful and heavy periods so now I am going right back on it.

August 6, 2009 4:57 PM