User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 157 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This birth control is awesome as far as its effectiveness with preventing unplanned pregnancy and increasing your bra cup size! The only draw back I would say is that the pill had me bleeding constantly. It wasn't light spot bleeding but full cycle bleeding maybe 80% of the time for the first 2 months on the pill. Other than the bleeding the pill is great with no other side effects.

October 25, 2012 9:27 AM
Review by Nikkia Nikkia (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I've read a lot of reviews on this birth control and everyone writes negative reviews so I'm going to give a positive one. I used to get very heavy 10-day periods before I went on this pill and I am now done to light to moderate 4 day periods and let me tell you, what a relief. I also used to get cramps so bad that sometimes I couldn't walk. Three months on this pill and the cramps had gone. I was 23 with horrible acne. I had it everywhere: cheeks, forehead, but especially on my chin. Three months after starting the pill and my skin cleared up tremendously. I hardly ever get a pimple but when I do its usually a small one around the time of my period. I gained no weight and my sex drive is as high as ever. I love this pill!

October 20, 2012 7:58 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I just finished my first month and it has been wonderful for me! I was using Seasonique from September to June, but I was constantly on my period with it and ever since I switched to Loestrin 24, I have only had my period on the designated days. I was originally given Seasonique because I had periods like 2 times a year and they would be horribly heavy and awful. My period on Loestrin 24 is light and easy to manage. It didn't cut down on any cramping, but Advil can easily cure that. I am so happy I switched! Very pleased!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 22, 2012 6:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This is my first month on Loestrin. I was prescribed this medication for uterine fibroids and cysts. Before my bleeding was non stop for months. The first day I started this pill my bleeding stopped. I have had no spotting at all so far. I have however had terrible mood swings, anxiety and I feel like I may be depressed.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 8, 2012 3:57 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I started Loestrin 24 Fe about two weeks ago, and ever since I have had random spotting at least once a day. It took away my cramps and pains from my period but my period wont go away now. After I finish this pack I'll see what happens and if I should switch or not.

January 20, 2012 10:03 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

For the past 5 months I have been having severe periods with extremely heavy bleeding to the point where I had to wear a pad and a tampon and I would bleed through both in a matter of hours (overnight pad and regular strength tampon). So I went to my obgyn. Turns out I have a big fibroid tumor, ovarian cyst, and most likely endometriosis which would explain why I had really bad cramps for a long time. She put me on Loestrin and I'm literally on the FOURTH pill and it has slowed down my bleeding so much. I did bleed through a little but I was only wearing a pad because I have surgery next week and I'm not allowed to use tampons before it. So I know this is a pretty early review but I'm really happy so far. No cramps at all.

November 9, 2011 9:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been on this pill which is my first birth control pill ever. I am 34 and the first month I took the pill I had some nausea which seemed to be on a timed schedule. I started the first pack on a Sunday and did not take the placebo pills at all. I just kept taking the active pills and the next month I did not have a period but by the second row of pack two I started spotting, and now that I am on pack three I have been bleeding for an entire month. I will take the placebo pills at the end of pack three because I think my results are my own fault, I just thought if I kept taking active pills I would not bleed at all. For the most part I have no issues that were not caused by my own actions, I have lost two dress sizes.

October 31, 2011 11:25 PM
Review by Bashful_Blue eyes: User Rating:

I've only been on Loesrtin 24 Fe for a month now, side effects I have been having is cramping. I also started spotting and the cramps became a bit worse where I had to literally curl in a ball because it hurt so bad and I got a period that is just all clotting. I'm not sure if that's normal but maybe my body is just getting used to it. I notice a little increase in my breast size which is a plus for me, I will continue to take Loestrin with hopes that the cramping clears up and the clotting of my period because it worries me. Has anyone else had these issues? I sure hope my body becomes used to it and all my symptoms go away.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 7, 2011 11:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was put on Loestrin 24 because of abnormal periods after having my daughters. I did not experience any changes in mood (which is a first for me on birth control). My cup size increased during the first month and has stayed that size. The only negative side effect is that I developed are two dark spots (Melasma) above my upper lip, which is worsened by exposure to sun. As long as I use sun block, it is not getting worse but it does make me self conscience. Other than that, the pills is regulating me and effective birth control.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 17, 2011 3:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been on Loestrin 24 for a month now. My doctor prescribed it because I have had long periods in the past and other symptoms of low estrogen. I am also on Celexa to help stabilize the terrible depression and anxiety I get with my menstrual cycle. I started the pill on the first day of my period and my period stopped for two days and then I spotted for a week and a half before having a full period that lasted 8 days. Then I was without spotting or a period for a week before I made it to the brown pills. On the first day of the brown pills my period started again. So, I've pretty much been bleeding all month. I had terrible cramps for 4 days on the pill while I was having a full period. I usually don't get bad cramps.

July 10, 2011 12:47 PM
Review by alicia444: User Rating:

I am 25 and have three kids. This birth control has made me moody and cry over NOTHING. I am not a soppy person so this is VERY unlike me. I am also having headaches and HOT flashes. I CANT STAND it. And I still have acne and NO sex drive. My doctor put me on this for the pain I was having and it has lightened up, but I still have pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 10, 2011 6:52 PM
Review by sarakk76: User Rating:

Loestrin 24 is definitely the best form of birth control out there. I have been taking it non stop for the last 6 years and I've never had a single problem while taking it. I always take it at the same time every single day and if by chance I miss a day, my periods were never longer. I had a little bit of acne before I started taking the pill and it definitely cleared it up for me. About weight gain, I never gained a pound except in my breasts. If anything, the pill actually allowed me to lose weight. The ONLY negative thing I have to say about Loestrin 24 is that it tends to be a little pricey but if you have insurance, it's definitely the best pill out there! I will never switch from this pill! Very satisfied!

May 4, 2011 9:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am a 32 year old women and this is the first time that I've taken birth control pills. My doctor recommended birth control pills to alleviate the pain I was experiencing and heaving bleeding associated with uterine fibroids. I am currently on the second week of the pack and the only complaint I have at the moment is the breakthrough bleeding or spotting after my period. I've only been spotting for 5 days and hoping it will go away. I've noticed a new breakout--a pimple but occasional acne is normal for me. Haven't noticed any weight gain but after reading other reviews, I purchased a scale to monitor my weight. Will keep you posted as I continue to take the pill.

April 5, 2011 8:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This is my 4th month on Loestrin 24 to control "flooding" and premenopause symptoms. I feel like I have my life back! The first month I had a fairly heavy period, but not flooding. The second month was very light, the 3rd was just a little spotting. This month is fairly light. I can't believe I put up with the flooding for years! I was getting hormonal migraines several times a month and since I've been on the pill, I've gotten them only under heavy stress or during the non-estrogen pill days. I also had several other premenopause symptoms (like brain fog, irritability) that have mostly disappeared in the last few months. I don't seem to have any negative side effects. No weight gain or mood problems that I didn't have before.

January 17, 2011 8:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am a 40 yr old female with heavy bleeding and painful ovarian cysts. My gyn recommended this pill. I almost completed my sample pack. I am on the 2ndbrown pill and awaiting my period. It makes me nervous when I don't see my period. At least I am happy to read that I will see my period when I take the third brown pill. I have to say that the first month was rough. I had very bad headaches and I noticed I was very moody and even felt depressed. I did not experience any nausea or weight gain. I will stick it out for three months and see what will happen

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 2, 2010 7:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been on about three different birth controls to regulate my heavy menstrual bleeding, the first one made me bleed the whole month, the second worked but my doctor was worried that such a high dosage especially at 15 wouldn't be good, the third I was on gave me my period every other week. Going onto Loestrin 24 Fe was really great, everything has gone well and I've been on it for over 8 months now and the only side effect I've had is the missed or light periods, they worry me. Other than that I would totally recommend this pill.

November 23, 2010 2:07 AM
Review by antifaz: User Rating:

I have been on Loestrin 24 for about 7 months now and everything was fine until the 5th month. I've had dark spotting, bad cramps and cystic acne on my back. Has made me feel anxious and hungry almost all the time, have gained weight, bad cramps and worse part is I have my period every 2 weeks for about 5 days and it is heavy. I feel depressed, have mood swings, some hair loss. Doctor has switched me to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I will see how that goes.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2010 3:49 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have just finished my first month on being on Loestrin 24 Fe and I'm fairly pleased with it. Before I was on Ortho Tricyclen-Lo and it worked great at first, but after 2 years of being on it my month long periods began to come back so my gyno put me on Loestrin. I have nothing bad to say about it. I have become a little more sensitive to light, my acne has gotten a little worse but nothing terrible, my hunger is through the roof but I've actually lost weight, and my sex drive is nearly non existent since I've started on the pill. I am right now awaiting my period which after being on the brown pills for 3 days is really scaring me, but I'm assured I have nothing to worry about and as long as I get my period, I'm a happy camper.

August 19, 2010 1:06 PM
Review by hwiley: User Rating:

I started taking this pill 3 months ago for abnormal bleeding, clots, thick endrometrial wall, not ovulating. Ever since I had my little girl (now 1 1/2) I have been constantly bleeding. We tried progesterone, DNC. Neither of which helped me whatsoever. I reluctantly finally tried birth control (which has always made things worse). Loestrin 24 FE has done wonders for me. My periods finally got back to 7 days a week. No big blood clots. Acne went away. Best of all the weight that just kept inching on in the past 1 1/2 just started melting off within the first 3 weeks of taking this miracle pill. I have lost over 10 pounds in the last 3 months and have not done a thing. (I gave up trying to lose anything 7 months ago when I was trying)!

July 12, 2010 2:57 PM
Review by Arianae0809: User Rating:

I am on my second pack week 1. I am on Loestrin24 Fe for Metrorrage or Spotting between period and 2 ovarian cysts. Well, so far I think the cysts are already gone and I have not experienced any more spotting ---HOORAY! I take the pill everyday at 5 p.m. I have no nausea and have lost five pounds. This is amazing because I thought I was going to gain. I noticed a tiny ..I do mean tiny edginess but nothing compared to the Patch when I took it for birth control long ago. I am amazed and very satisfied. Lets hope the pill cures the cysts completely when I get the ultrasound and the spotting ceases for good.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 22, 2010 1:35 PM
Review by iLoveMe: User Rating:

I am a 25 year old woman who has been on and off birth control for the last nine years. Being on various pills so long had KILLED my libido to the point that I forgot what it felt like to be aroused, and I recently began to bleed constantly between periods. I went to the gynecologist, and he put me on Loestrin 24 FE. I, off course, went home and researched it. The reviews I saw made me wary, but I started the regimen on Sunday, as directed. Granted, I did get sick (read: threw up) the second day, but after that, I had no problems whatsoever. And you know what? I stopped spotting, and best of all, my libido skyrocketed. I'm at the end of my first month of pills, so we'll see how it goes next month, but for now I couldn't be happier.

June 19, 2010 10:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I am taking Loestin 24 for 14 days now. I feel really good and have more energy. Last month my period lasted a month. It was awful so my doctor prescribed the pill to control the bleeding. Haven't gained weight. Boobs slightly bigger (good thing for me). So far I have no complaints. Lets see what happens when my period is due next month. I will report more. I've always had long periods lasting 10-12 days so it would be a blessing if the pill can take it down by a few days at least.

June 14, 2010 8:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I've been on Loestrin 24 Fe for a little more than a year and it has been a wonderful experience for me. I have fibroids and my cycles would be very heavy and would last at least 7-10 days. Now my cycle lasts 4 days and I'm a little heavy the first two days. This pill has changed my cycle for the better and I would recommend it to anyone experiencing a very heavy and lengthy cycle.

May 22, 2010 8:04 PM

I have read posting on a few web pages and the effects of this medicine is very inconsistent. I can't understand how wonderful it can be when it does some most unpredictable things to us. My periods were coming 23 days apart and lasting exactly 5 days. My whole life they were 28 days apart and lasting 5 days. I could make bets on my regularity. I'm 45 years old. The doctor prescribed this to me to extend my periods back to 28 days. My period started last Sunday and I started taking the pill on Sunday. Well Wednesday came and my period started getting heavier. Thursday was day 5 I thought it would end....no. So I started reading the boards this morning.....and after reading the postings I decided not to take it this morning.

April 9, 2010 9:27 AM
Review by Windy City: User Rating:

I have been on Loestrin Fe 24 for 5 months now (give it a chance) and although it was more bearable to take 5 mg of Lexapro for the anxiety that came along with it (I would wake up at 3:30 am each morning with anxiety for no reason at all), I now have noticed that I am experiencing more anxiety as well as some weight gain and small break outs. I went from a size 0 to a size 2 and now my size 2's are tight, especially in the buttocks region. Honestly, this pill is not that bad, but I would have to give Yaz a 10 as far as side effects -- no weight gain, a clear complexion and minimal anxiety. There is just one big negative about Yaz -- it may cause blood clots and that is pretty serious. I would recommend Loestrin 24 fe for women over 40 tho.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate