User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 201 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

Review by Nickster18:

I have only been on this pill for a week, however I already want to switch. I had acne problems before this pill and I thought by going on this I could kill to birds with one stone; clear up my acne and prevent pregnancy. But I cannot wait for this pack to be over so I can switch. Within the first day my acne got 10x worse and it's only been a week but it's worse than it's ever been in the last year! I don't even want to look in the mirror. I haven't noticed any other side effects yet but I won't be surprised if there's more negative ones to come.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by Disappointed..... (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My first three months on this pill were like a DREAM. I switched to it from Orsythia (which I had been taking for 3 years) because I was having painful periods and my sex drive was gone. This pill completely stopped my period with NO spotting or anything, and never any cramps. No acne, no mood changes. My breasts even grew. I was so happy. Now I am on month 4 and it is hell. I'm having migraines and nausea all day, and bad mood swings. I am stopping this pill and going back to my OB.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by KenzoPage:

So the first time I was on the pill, I was put on Beyaz. Beyaz made me gain about 15 Ibs. It made me crazy with mood swings. I got off of it within 6 months. After that I would go back and forth on whether to get back on birth control. So about a month and a half ago, I decided to go to the doctor for a check up. I told my doctor about my experience with Beyaz. He told me that he had the perfect birth control for me, Lo Loestrin Fe. I was scared to take it but it was worth a shot. If anything this birth control has made my weight stick. I have had NO mood swings. No weight gain. The only symptoms I've had was going from a C cup to a D cup, and breast tenderness near my period, which is overall normal for me. This is the best birth control by far.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 6:43 PM

Review by TT47 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've been on this birth control for over a year and overall I had a really positive experience with it. I didn't experience any mood swings, had little to mild acne around my period, never experienced any pregnancy scares, and had no nausea, headaches or weight gain. The only problem I experienced with it, and ultimately had to switch birth control because of it was the fact that I would throw up for hours whenever I consumed ANY amount of alcohol. To make sure it was the birth control, I stopped taking it and after 4 or so months I was able to drink again without any problems. Though I feel this is very rare situation, overall I believe this birth control was great.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've been on this pill for about a year now. Its horrible I have gained about 40 lbs almost 5 lbs a month. I'm even eating less than I did before taking this.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 10:10 PM

Review by honeybooboo1212:

I've been on this pill for almost three months now and I love it. After my first birth control experience I was terrified to use birth control ever again. However, I'd rather take the risk instead of becoming pregnant so I tried it again. The first month was horrible, with minor breakouts and bad mood swings, but I have adjusted now. You must wait out the first month or two to be adjusted. After that, it's smooth sailing. I don't have any breakouts, my sex drive is normal, and I haven't gained any weight. I still get moody every once in a while, which is bearable. Overall a very good birth control. But EXPENSIVE without insurance!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by Katie92:

I've been on this pill over 2 years now, and I love it. This summer and last summer I had some random cystic acne though I am not sure it is related to the pill because other times my skin is perfectly clear. No weight change. Only problem is I haven't had a period in the 2 years I've taken this, not even spotting. My doctor says not to worry about it but I am considering switching because of it.

June 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've been on this pill for about 3 years. I got on it because I've had horrible cramps, and heavy bleeding on my period. I only have a period for 2 days, I get mild cramps now. The only side effect I had other than the period was that I had gained a few pounds. I would recommend this pill to anyone.

June 23, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Duckie33 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I just switched to this from Loestrin 1/20 and I am happy I did. Loestrin 1/20 had me crazy moody, bad acne, and melasma on my face. Once I switched to Lo Loestrin Fe no more crazy mood, acne is pretty much gone. Just a few here and there but that's normal for me. Period is pretty normal with only spotting on the last week. As for the Melasma, It stopped spreading but I am now seeing a dermatologist to fix it. My only downside with Lo Loestrin Fe is that I have noticed my hair falling out a little bit more than usual but I hope it is one thing that will subside as I keep taking it. Price wise it is reasonable. My insurance doesn't cover so I'm suppose to pay $50 but with my coupon card I only pay $25. Overall I am happy with Lo Loestrin Fe

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by NatalieALA (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've just hit the 1 year mark on taking this and I have to say it's been a positive experience. Before taking this I hadn't had a period for over 10 months. During my first month, on the exact day it was supposed to start, I finally got my period. Since then, my periods have only gotten lighter and lighter. Now I spot for 1 maybe 2 days a month on the white/brown colored pills. The only other times I spot are if I'm careless about taking it at the same time every day. I have noticed a decrease in migraines (I didn't get them that often, but still), slight increase in breast size, no weight change, and not really any change in acne. The only downside is that I'm a little more emotional about silly things I wouldn't normally be.

June 17, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by berries22:

I took this pill for 8 months and had zero side effects except no period. I stopped taking birth control for 4 months then started again with same pill. Have been taking for 4 months now. First two months I broke out a little and didn't get my period. Third month had very little spotting for 4 days, and I'm about to end the fourth pack. I've had very minor side effects. I personally enjoy not having a period to worry about every month, instead just light spotting every 2-3 months. I haven't broken out since the 2nd month, I guess my body was getting used to the birth control.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by frustrating (taken for less than 1 month):

Been on this for a little over a week. The headache started the day after taking it. I started breaking out 2 days after taking the pills. I'm tired and cranky. Waiting from the doctor to call.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Emliz (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been on 6 different birth controls from the shot, to different pills and have always had bad side effects. I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for a month now and I love it! My hormones are balanced out, no mood swings, no depression, no weight gain, nothing. I think I'm actually losing weight, and I feel great. The only down fall is I have been spotting a little bit, and my breasts are tender/ my mood is a little off the week before my period. Other than that no complaints! If you have has trouble with birth control like me, I advise you to try this. I have gotten severe depression, weight gain and everything else from other birth controls. If you get a green card from plan parenthood this pill is free!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by Aniqueone:

Honestly I LOVE this birth control! I am very sensitive to birth control and this is the first one that has helped me. First off for anyone who doesn't have insurance GO TO THE WEBSITE! There is a discount card there that you can sign up for that works for 12 scripts. My monthly script is $30 now. First off my periods were AWFUL. I had cramps so bad. This has increased my breast size by a cup, cleared up my acne, haven't gained any weight (I am a very healthy eater although) my periods are light maybe lasting 3 days my cramps are very mild if any (Aleve liquid gels are the best). Be sure you take this at the SAME TIME everyday! Stay safe and healthy!

May 25, 2014 1:50 AM

Review by JezDrag (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I've been on this BC for three and a half years now and it's been amazing. I was on two other types of birth control before, nuva ring and another oral pill that drove me crazy, nausea, crazy mood swings, cramps, heavy periods, the works. It made me never want to go on BC again but I'm so glad I gave it a second chance. With Lo Loestrin Fe I haven't had any period, cramps, back ache, mood swings, decrease in sex drive, weight gain, or acne. The only problem I've had is that it seems to lessen my appetite so I try to make sure I eat before taking it otherwise I forget. At first I was concerned that I wasn't getting my period but I talked to my Doctor and he said it was fine as long as I was comfortable with not having one.

May 21, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Sam W:

Lo Loestrin Fe works really well for me. I went on this birth control because I had a very irregular period and terrible cramps. Sometimes I would skip months and sometimes I'd get it twice in one month. I'd have to use a heating pad and even that didn't help very much. It was a mess. I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for almost two years now. No period to speak of and no cramps. I had a very light period for the first few months I started until it eventually disappeared completely. I have no bad symptoms. No acne or mood swings. My only complaint is that my sex drive is DEAD when I used to have quite the active libido, which is the only reason I'm thinking of switching birth controls.

May 13, 2014 10:43 PM

Review by Hate it (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was on this medication for having my period non stop for 6 months. IT MADE ME BLEED MORE! I became anemic. I stopped after 1 month. It made me emotional and I gained about 10 pounds.

May 12, 2014 5:09 PM

Review by Kenzie072011:

I have currently been on the pill for over a year. After my daughter I tried the Depo shot it made my periods stop, and worked for a few months. But I became emotional and gained weight. For the last year or more I have been using the Lo LoEstrin Pill which is amazing. The positive thing about the pill is I have lost weight, my face has barely any to no breakouts, and best of all NO period. The negative thing about the pill is I do feel more tired then usual (I am also going to school for nursing, work 36 hours, take care of the lawn/house, and have a 2 year old) it could be my activity. Only $10 is covered by my insurance, which leaves me paying $82. My sex drive is balanced, I have not seen much change. Highly recommend this birth control.

May 9, 2014 6:45 AM

Review by Mayjune528:

It's my first month on it and so many things have gone wrong . Firstly I got my first yeast infection because of it secondly I get the worst mood swings and depression like no other. I'm trying to hold out they say your body is getting use to it but I don't think I will continue I'm at the end on the white pill and haven't gotten my period yet. Oh yea and to top it off I also got more acne and back /chest pain

May 9, 2014 5:47 AM

Review by Ukuleleplayer:

Pro: little to no period (I didn't have one at all after month four), no weight gain (I am very active though), no mood swings. Con: Acne, headaches (not migraines), little to no sex drive. The sex drive issue is why I'm trying a different birth control. I love my husband and want to enjoy married life.

April 29, 2014 10:36 AM

Review by best birth control ever (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Best ever I was going to give up on birth control pills until I tried this one amazing.

April 22, 2014 3:35 PM

Review by AlysiaKK. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been taking this for 6 months. First just let me say that ever since I started my VERY first pill I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Since the first pill until now we have never wore a condom. I didn't even have my period until the 5th pack. My face cleared up and I actually lost weight!! BUT I was always very tired and emotional. I've started having breakthrough bleeding and horrible acne. My insurance wont cover this so I have to pay 60.00$ a month. That's not bad but I heard that you can get other ones for free. Because of the breakthrough bleeding I am now switching to Sprintec 28. Everybody is different give it a try!!

April 17, 2014 6:51 PM

Review by Mickeyytrrru:

First off, you're probably reading reviews because you're looking to go on this pill or you've just recently been prescribed this pill. I was just like you a few months ago and the paranoid person that I am didn't like the reviews I was seeing but I decided to go ahead and try it. I love this pill I have no side effects and if anything it made my period better it's shorter, comes right on time when the pill changes color, minor cramps, no mood swings. I have nothing negative to say about the pill at all just take it every single day at the same time. I think it's really important to know that a lot of the people who write on here, write because they have had a bad experience with a pill and wanted to warn others about it.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2014 6:47 PM

Review by Skwill:

I've been on this pill for about 2 years. I originally started taking it to relieve my horrible periods, not to avoid pregnancy. I normally have really horrible periods that last 7-9 days with heavy bleeding, immobilizing cramping, and sometimes nausea. Thank God for this pill! The first 6 months I would have periods every 2 weeks, and with every month they got lighter and lighter until my period disappeared completely. I will occasionally spot, but it will only last a day or two. I have NO cramps (such a life saver!). I have taken other birth control pills and none of them worked this well for me. As far as side effects, I have absolutely NO sex drive and bad acne (I used to have a really clear face).

April 9, 2014 11:13 PM

Review by haydee11:

Have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 11 mo. At first I experienced light bleeding and headaches. After a few months on it, I have not had a period in 5 months and no other side effects. Not having a period does make me somewhat weary but will be visiting gyno this week for yearly check up.

April 8, 2014 10:21 PM