User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 212 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I took this pill for two months. The first month was amazing. No spotting, my period was only two days on the exact date it was supposed to be on. When the second month started, it was horrible. Mood swings, uncontrollable bleeding, cystic acne, no sex drive. I stopped taking the pill after two weeks into the second month. Acne cleared up, bleeding stopped. I wouldn't recommend this pill."

CamAlexa July 27, 2015

"I've been on this pill for three months now and I like it a lot. This is my first time ever being on bc and I'm 17 so I was looking for something simple and easy to handle and this pill was definitely good for me! I didn't get my period the first month and the only side effects I get are sore boobs, cramping (during the same time every month), and minor mood swings. The only negative aspect that I didn't like was that I had spotting in between periods on the third pack (the one I'm on now) which made me nervous since I didn't get that the first two months. Other than that I would highly recommend it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

"I've been taking this bc for 1 month now for my ovarian cyst..ever since I started taking this pill I'm ALWAYS tired and this month that I got my period it was on and off...I HATE IT"

jrascon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

"This is the absolute worst medication I have ever been on. I had severe anxiety, hot flashes, stomach pain, no appetite, sudden loss of positive body image, it caused me to have horrible cystic acne. I have so far cried every day that I have been on this medication (2 months). Before this drug I had a very positive body image, I had not needed my anxiety medication in 4 months, and had nearly perfect skin. This medications was horrible. I would not recommend this medication to anyone."

Alex l July 19, 2015

"I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for 4 months, during that time my hair started falling off, dramatically.I didn't get pregnant so it served its purpose but I had to stop taking it because I was literally going bald. I noticed hair loss is not noted as a side effect, but it's been 1 month since i stopped taking Lo Loestrin Fe and my hair has been growing back and it hasn't been falling off anymore."

Josie340790 July 18, 2015

"I've been using this bc for a year now. The first month I was on it I didn't notice a change at all but the second month was torture. I had my period for 2 weeks straight, mood swings, headaches, dizziness etc. I was told to just wait it out until the 3rd month ended to see how it went so I did. The 3rd month was much better and by the 4th month my periods only lasted 3 days with very light bleeding. The reason I got on this was for really heavy bleeding so this pill was a blessing! Everything has pretty much been good since then. No acne and I didn't experience any weight gain until the 10th month but that's because I'm not really eating correctly. I still experience mood swings and I have a lack of energy but overall it's great!"

Jewlze (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

"I went on Lolo primarily for extreme period pain and it works great. I've tried lots of different kinds of birth control and I'm the happiest with Lolo because the side effects are barely there! I had nauseau for the first 3 days only, and I haven't gained lots of weight like on other ones but I have gained a cup size. I had a bit of spotting the first month and had to use liners but that went away. I've had really minor mood swings, definitely not as bad as Marvelon (I cried over everything). Overall, I'm really pleased with this pill."

Anonnnn July 17, 2015

"I have been on this birth control for about 7 and half months now and it's my first birth control I've ever been on and I love it! I use to have very heavy period that would last 7 days but now I don't even get one at all (no cramps either)! When I started it I had my period for about 13 days, then it kept getting lighter and lighter until there was nothing. I highly recommend it!"

Anonymous July 11, 2015

"This is the only birth control I've ever been on and I've been on this pill for almost 4 months and it is so great. No periods, no cramps, very little acne at the very end and beginning of packs but that is about the only negative thing. I got an antibiotic shot today and I guess this medicine doesn't mix with that shot because I've felt sick ever since I took my pill tonight. So beware when you're on antibiotics and taking this pill it's a little icky feeling. Other wise I recommend this to everyone who is just starting on birth control"

brookeg July 10, 2015

"I was on this for about 3 years. At first I had periods, they stopped within 6 months (which my doctor said was completely normal) and I'll agree I was a little moody at times around when my period should have come. But other than that, I actually lost weight on this pill... I did exercise every now and then, I got off this pill because I was really concerned with not having a period, I got on Sprintec 28 and HATED it. I gained 15 pounds. I'm a very petite person so this was totally noticeable. I love Lo Loestrin. I will never try another birth control. If you're looking for something just to manage your period with no side effects, this is the one. AND I got it for free every month.. talk about amazing."

KaitlynB July 8, 2015

"I went on loestrin a little over two years ago, and I absolutely love it. I take it continuously and skip periods (best decision of my life, and no you don't have to have periods), sometimes I forget to take pills for up to 4 or 5 days in a row and it's like nothing ever happened. No weight gain, didn't positively or negatively effect my acne, only complaint is I'm super dry and have a very low libido. Sex is almost painful. Other than that (pretty big) issue, it's great for me"

Aud505233 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 7, 2015

"I've been on lo loestrin fe for 5 years, started when I was 16. If I remember correctly, the first 6 months (give or take) I had my period two weeks on, two weeks off. But my periods had always been irregular. By age 17, I stopped getting my period! Haven't had any bleeding I'm 4 great years, haha. My blood pressure is sometimes high, but not enough for serious concern. This is the only bc I've been on and I have no complaints."

faithhhhhhhhh July 7, 2015

"I've been taking lo loestrin fe for about two years now. I haven't had any horror stories with it, but I am switching. For the positive side, I never get my period and I haven't gained/lost weight. On the negative side, I constantly have unbearable headaches and I have absolutely no sex drive."

SM10 July 7, 2015

"My dr decided to switch me to this bc just to try a different kind because I had a headache every period. Well took this pill for 4 days. I felt awful. I woke up feeling hungover every morning, headaches, dizziness. Almost fainted at work. So I called my Dr and switched right back to my previous bc. And it's been over 2 months since this and I've lost a lot of hair ( and I mean a lot!!!!!! )"

AmyJo23 July 3, 2015

"I've been on lolo for 8 months now. It's finally time I give my review. The first 3 months I had very light periods then after I just didn't have any periods. As we speak my breasts started to be tender. This is the first time in 8 months. Also I get yeast infection like every month. I am super dry down there even with foreplay. My sex drive is gone through the window. I do not have anymore mood swings so that's a plus. I'm taking an appointment to change my bc. I tried jasmin, alesse, IUD copper, marvelon, the patch. So yeah I've been around and tried them all. Maybe it just wasn't for me."

Dontwalkmypath (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2015

"I've been on the pill for 6 years. I no longer get my period. When I get off to give my body a break I get my period for 3 days light. I do experience headaches when stressed and excessive discharge as a side effect. My blood pressure is always a little higher than normal. I love the pill and recommend it."

Carmen de Miami June 30, 2015

"I got this medicine in early January, it is now almost July. I LOVE IT. I am a migraine sufferer and have seizures, it was super hard to get me a birth control that I like (I've tried 7 other types). I wasn't allowed to have certain types due to the seizures so they were limited. I didn't hear about Lo Loestrin Fe until I made my first appointment with an GYN. Now that I'm on it, no sore boobs, no moodiness, no weight gain, no acne. I got my period for the first time today (which is why I was researching if that happened to anybody else) but its really light and seems like nothing to worry about. So I would definitely recommend for anybody like me!"

72727341829008372116234 June 27, 2015

"I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for treatment of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis for going on 5 months, and I have to say that I am very happy with this pill. After the nightmare experience with my last pill, Seasonique (severe depression, constant bleeding, upset stomach, zero libido) this pill is a Godsend. The first month was, admittedly, rough (as it normally is when switching birth control pills). I had massive mood swings and 1 week of spotting. But since then it has been smooth sailing! The only issue I have is low libido. I'm guessing I'd probably have that problem with any hormonal pill, so I'm making the best of it. But Lo Loestrin Fe helps keep me pain free and has the added bonus of no bleeding! A so far!"

AJC_78 June 25, 2015

"My experience on this BC has been horrible I bleed very heavily before I get on placebo pills. Horrible cramping, hot flashes, mood swings. I got on this pill to make my periods lighter but this pill made them 1000x worst. Definatley switching."

Tam tam June 24, 2015

"I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 6 months now for birth control and heavy periods. It first took a little bit to regulate and so the second month my period was two weeks long, but it was extremely light. I went from bleeding for 7 days straight through tampons and pads every few hours to being able to wear a pantiliner and change it mid day without worrying about bleeding through. My periods only last 3 days now and I have little cramping. I have experienced mood swings the first week I start a new month of medication and my boobs have increased in size and one is slightly larger than the other. I have had some cramping throughout the month and missed my period the 4th month. I was scared I was pregnant but other women have experienced the same issue. I've had few issues."

Foxxy June 23, 2015

"This birth control pill has me constantly on my period. I was on my period for 35 days straight when I first started taking it. I've been taking it for almost 4 months and I've been on my period for at least half of the time. Absolutely horrible since I am a newlywed."

need2comment (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2015

"Best I ever had!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 14, 2015

"I was prescribed this birth control b/c of my ovary cyst. I've had unprotected sex after the birth control & I've not gotten my period. I'm actually a week late. Not really worried b/c I took a pregnancy test at the hospital 4 days before my period was due & it came out negative. A lot of reviews says they never got their period so that gives me hope. Besides that my breast have grew & are very sore. & I have bad acne. On top of that, I've been eating A LOT. I haven't spotted but have had unusual brown discharge. Symptoms are really weird."

ADeanea June 13, 2015

"I have never been on birth control before. I've only hear about terrifying stories from my friends on how birth control makes them fat and get pimples ! So I was a little afraid to get on the pill but I knew I needed it. I explained to my doctor my worries so she then prescribed me Lo loestrin Fe. I have been on this pill for 4 months now and the only side affect I have experienced is being short tempered. Other than that this pill is amazing. My face is clear of blemishes, I don't get my period and if I do it only last for 3 days and hardly anything comes out. This is coming from someone who couldn't go on with everyday activities when I used to get my period. This pill is great and I'd definitely recommend it"

Marie Sinclair June 6, 2015

"Former BC pill hater here. Other brands gave me massive mood swings. On Yaz and Apri I was basically Jason Voorhees. Swore I'd never take BC again, but now in my 20s, irregular periods and recurrent ovarian cysts forced my hand. Bottom line: I LOVE this pill!! Cons: Sensitive breasts. Pros: Greatly improved mood; I feel like I'm always having a good day. NO mood swings. Minimal cramps, light periods, fuller breasts, skin is great, can't stay away from my husband, and condoms are out of here. Doesn't get better than this. If you're on the fence, or sensitive to hormones like me, this may be your good stuff. I'm glad I didn't listen to anyone else and just tried it for myself."

Em Cherie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015