User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I started this birth control in January shortly after I had my son and kept taking it for almost 9 months..I was loosing hair the entire time but I blamed it on the fact I just had a baby so I kept waiting for it to stop and it didn't. Besides that everything was fine up until the 8th month taking it..my period became irregular I had 0 sex drive and vaginal dryness which was terrible..I also gained some weight on this pill...over all it didn't work for me but that's not to say it won't work for anyone else!"

Anonymous... February 5, 2016

"I love you all for your honest reviews and feel relieved that I am not alone! I was on Lo Loestrin FE years ago and did not notice too many side effects except nausea and some breakthrough bleeding. I am now peri-menopausal and am taking this instead of HRT but it has caused months of steady nausea, pain in my lower back, extreme breast tenderness and even terrible gas! It took me a while to put together that all these side effects were caused by this bc. Additionally, I began to feel depressed, anxious and even suicidal. This is not like me! I took the last "blue pill" today and am done with this medicine forever. I'll take my chances with hot flashes and insomnia or switch back to HRT instead of being on this med every again."

Jenn717 February 4, 2016

"I switched to lolo after being on generic loestrin for about 3 months. My body is high estrogen to begin with so I needed something with less hormones. Generic gave me terrible anxiety, depression, mood swings, weight gain, and hormonal acne. After switching to lolo within 3 weeks I had lost 5lbs, had glowing skin, and overall felt amazing. Every women's body reacts to BC differently so my advice is if you feel awful it definitely couldn't hurt to try something new, right? Lolo was amazing for me but some people have terrible experiences."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

"My doctor prescribed me to try this pill as my first time in birth control. Initially I spotted for a good two weeks and when I did get my period it lasted few days and was into the next month of pills already. Side affects I've noticed though is I have not felt good, and as I already suffer from anxiety and depression this made it a million times worse. I don't necessarily recommend this pill but that's just from my results of taking it the last two months"

Jess1717 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

"I have been through two of these packs, and so far my body is very happy on this pill! I haven't had any experience with an initial breakout phase or breakthrough bleeding. I had some spotting initially, but my body seems to have synced up to this medication rather nicely! No change in sex drive or weird emotional mood swings! Love this BC!"

CB123 February 1, 2016

"I started taking Lolo in September and have been on it for 5 months now. Since I have started taking Lolo I have gained 18 pounds and can not for the life of me seem to lose any weight (I work out 5 days a week and maintain a raw vegan diet). I have been the most emotional I have ever been, I cry all the time and get very anxious. I have absolutely no sex drive (when I went off birth control from January to August last year it was much higher). I also get violently ill every time I drink alcohol (even just a glass of wine). I first thought this was because I might be allergic to alcohol but when I went off birth control I would never get ill and my hangovers were non-existant. Everyone varies on it but my experience has not been so pleasant"

MichelleTM January 31, 2016

"I never write reviews but figured this might help someone out. I HATED Lo loestrin fe . It made me super depressed and I gained 15 pounds on it . Not to mention I bled for two weeks straight during the second month of taking it. After I got off this pill I felt so much better.. This pill really was awful and messed with me more than a higher dose estrogen pill, would never recommend this"

Afffffffffffff January 29, 2016

"I began taking this pill in August 2015. I have since gained 15 pounds that I can not get rid of and for the past two months, I've had two periods a month. Needless to say, I called my doctor and asked to change. This pill was the worst I've ever taken."

Frustrated 40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

"I came on here to write a good review because I feel like people are so quick to put their opinions out if a medication is bad way before if it is good for them! With that being said, if you are on here because you just started taking this medicine or just prescribed it and haven't started it, its sooo important to remember YOUR body isn't like another woman's, birth control effects everyone different so don't let some of these scary/bad reviews scare you( you'll find them under every type of BC review). What may be great for you, might be horrible for someone else. This is great for me!"

Anonymous January 29, 2016

"This is my first birth control. Before I started taking Lo Lo I had heavy periods and really bad cramps, so bad I had to leave school sometimes. Lo Lo has changed that for the better though! I no longer have cramps and I either don't have my period or it last for only one day. This pill is like a little miracle! Love it! Only problem I have had with it was when I got off an antibiotic I had small cramps for the 1st month back on."

DeaDea (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2016

"I tried a low-dose generic for a few months and it made me feel crazy. I switched to name brand Lo Loestrin 3 months ago, and so far I love it! I've heard from several pharmacists that the ingredients are better quality when you do name brand. No breakthrough bleeding, period is very light when I take the placebo week, and so far, no weight gain! I have a bit of bloating, but nothing I can't control by staying hydrated and somewhat active :) The best part is that my sex drive has been THROUGH THE ROOF. Like, better than it was before starting the birth control! I love it. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to help my ovarian cysts too much :/ I'm really hoping that I don't have to switch again. But overall, I love this bc!"

Ashley S. January 21, 2016

"I've been taking this for 3 years. I do not get a period, which is wonderful. I do still experience slight mood swings and some hormonal acne."

Anonymous January 21, 2016

"I'm only giving lolo a 4/10 because it's "low hormone" and I feel ok about taking it but oh my god my experience has been terrible. My doctor ended up giving me a years supply do to certain circumstances so I figured I had to just keep taking it and hope it gets better but ever since I started its just been the worst. I've been on it for about 7 to 8 months now and I still get 4-5 days of break through bleeding in between actual period days. Pretty sure it's made me gain a fair bit of weight, I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm constantly nauseous, there are times more often now where I have no appetite, everything I eat hurts my stomach and will cause diarrhea. Im going off of it because I can't remember the last time I actually felt OK."

Luna1993 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

"This BC pill is not for me. I have bled everyday since starting this pill and have had anxiety attacks (which I have never experienced before)."

jw96 January 20, 2016

"Truly exceptional pill! I've been on it for almost a year. At first I had a little breakthrough bleeding, buts that's the only adverse side effect I've encountered. My boobs went from an A to a C, I have no cramping, really light periods that last 2-3 days, and I've had no weight gain. Would recommend to anyone!"

lex0092 January 20, 2016

"At first this was a really good experience, I have been on 2 different generic birth controls previously starting when I was 15 for regulating my period (I'm 21 now) and when I started Lo Lo it only took a month to regulate, and my periods only lasted 3 days. I had little negative change in mood swings and sex drive was average. But after a few months I started getting terrible vaginal dryness making sex uncomfortable. And after EVERY period then on I got a mild yeast infection. I was getting one every single month after only experiencing one before in my whole life. I knew it was the LO Lo. My gyno said it was probably not the Bc but I switched and after 2 months on the new stuff I was no longer getting yeast infections. Wouldn't recommend."

Laur11111 January 18, 2016

"Took LoLo FE for 4 months for heavy bleeding from a fibroid & it was my first BC ever at 28. Never missed a pill. The 1st month placebo left me w/ the heaviest flooding from a period I had ever experienced. Bled through 2 super tampons & overnight pads in about an hour, but I wanted to give the pills 3 months so I continued. The heavy flooding, lots of big clots, lasting 8ish days periods continued every month then in the middle of the 3rd month I had breakthrough bleeding 2 weeks before my period that never stopped. By the middle of my 4th pack I'd had enough, since it was just making my periods worse. No other bad side-effects but havent seen any other reviews like this. Switched to a POP last month going better so far."

jmb86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

"Please note this is the only birth control pill I have taken. I started this pill due to periods that lasted two weeks out of the month and resulted in terrible migraines and anemia. Due to the fact that I started this pill at 15 years of age, I'm not sure if it has impacted my mood. Though when I took a year break, my hormones were completely off balanced - which is what led to me to return to the pill. After a year of use, this pill made my periods non-existent. I was told not to worry about this since it's a normal thing for women on this pill to experience if they're in a lower weight range. I gained perhaps 5-15 lbs on this pill but that also could've just been from growing (I've been on it for years)."

Long Time User January 16, 2016

"Loved this birth control. Didn't have mood swings or gain weight. Also didn't have a period except for an exceptionally light one every 4 months or so, which was great in my opinion. Only reason I had to stop was because my stupid work switched insurance companies and the new one didn't cover this."

oihjasdfl January 15, 2016

"I started taking this birth control, and on the 8th day I had a anxiety attack (something I have never had or experienced in my life) However I was under a lot of stress so that could of been the reason to. Since you start this pill on the first day of your period, my bleeding lasted 10 days. Once I got into the second month, on the 3rd row (only 3 weeks later) I got another period that also lasted about 10-11 days. In my third pack i got my period 36 days later , and I've been bleeding for 16 days straight, the bleeding just never stopped I ended up having to contact my gyno to switch to another pill. Also had acne which was new to me. Only good thing was no weight gain."

-- (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

"I give it a 2 instead of a 0 only because I didn't get pregnant. I was on this pill for 4 months. I had my period for 17-22 days of every month I was on it. My boobs were significantly bigger and I put on about 15lbs. I was moody, bloated and irritable. Wouldn't recommend."

Ayejay January 14, 2016

"Having tried 8 different pills, plus Implanon (implant), I can finally say I found a pill that works for me. It's changed my life. Sounds dramatic but it's true - before, no matter which pill, I was experiencing excruciating cramps, back aches, mood swings and very heavy bleeding for at least 6 days. Lo Lo Estrin Fe has changed all that. I don't have a period at all which doesn't worry me. I'm happy not to go through that pain every month. Now I have a few small signals that I would normally be having my period (slight back ache, slightly more emotional) Overall I'm really happy with it. I think it's down to the dosage level - the very low amount of estrogen works really well for me. 2 years and counting!"

charly804 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

"Be careful when you take this! The first time I popped a blue pill, my tongue felt itchy and tingled. I thought nothing of it. Gradually, I had noticed that my reproductive organs were acting up, but I thought it would just go away. It got to the point where they were so sore, I couldn't use tampons without being in constant pain. (Not to mention I had a strange clear discharge that would soak through the tampon leaking through my pants and staining the chair at work... That was fun. My gyno didn't know what it was, which was comforting.) 3 months into it and with the mentality that everything would just go away with continued use, I broke into hives everywhere on my body: inside my ears, all over my tongue, everywhere you can think of."

aherne (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

"Started Lo Lo Estrin Fe 30 days ago as a method of BC due to a trip I'm taking to visit my boyfriend overseas coming up a month from now. Seeing as condoms irritate my body so much & completely dry me out, a BC pill seemed like a great option until I can come home & get the non-hormonal IUD. The break through bleeding on Lo Lo has legitimately been non-stop since about 3 days into the 1st pack; not the extreme period blood I would normally get, but upon wiping when I pee, the paper is always has some sort of dried blood on it. This continued right up until my placebo pills which I just started taking. Cramps all month, irritable as can be, feel a little bit more bloated than normal, but haven't weighed myself."

MelanieMelanie January 10, 2016

"pretty radicle pill - my boobs went from an A to a DD no weight gain and I seem to be a lot happier now I love this pill!!"

Bcuser101 January 9, 2016