User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 233 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I was on this pill for over 6 months and it has been the worst experience. When I first started taking it, it was fine but 2 months into it I started gaining weight.. And gained up to 10 pounds. My breasts went from a b to almost a d cup and hurt all the time. I was super angry and depressed all the time. It got to the point where I did not want to get out of bed and go on with my normal routine. I lost many friendships due to being depressed. I also did not go to school for over 3 weeks. I would never recommend this pill to anyone. I should of not taken it when I saw the reviews the first time. I just switched to a different pill and already lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks!"

Ashli34 May 24, 2016

"I have taken this medication for a few years now. It has definitely helped with the length of my period. It went from 7 days to 3 days. However I still had the pms symptoms like nausea and pain. I noticed that I am continually gaining weight despite exercise. But to be fair I am getting older as well. So that would be my worse side effect so far."

Anonymous May 24, 2016

"First three months I spotted almost everyday, then about the fourth month it leveled out...and then I started getting my period twice a month. My mood swings got so bad that I lashed out in rage at my boyfriend for literally nothing. I cry A LOT...and I have weird pains in my breasts in the same spot that never seem to go away. I still have pretty bad cramps when I'm on my period, so it didn't help with that. Besides that, this pill has been reliable and didn't change my weight, sex drive, or give me acne. I didn't experience nausea or headaches so that was nice. I would recommend any ladies to at least give it a try, might work for you."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2016

"I was on this pill for just three weeks and noticed a major increase in anxiety and depression. I was miserable until I realized it wss from this pill. I stopped it immediately and shortly began feeling so much better. If you have a history of anxiety do not take this pill"

Miamiamia May 23, 2016

"I hate BC. I have tried them all. I stayed off of them for several years and became tired with condoms and finally gave in. Well.. I gained 10 lbs and did everything to lose it. I had the sweetest sexiest bf and he broke up with me after 4 months on the pill (which I took for him) because I became a crazy emotional mess. I fought with anyone and everyone. I was unmotivated and severely depressed to the extreme. It is not worth it. Just use condoms or refrain from sex. You have a better chance of a long term relationship with no sex at all than becoming the crazy monster this pill makes you."

FeltNuts35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2016

"I was prescribed LoLoestrin FE to treat very painful ovulation and ovarian cysts. The pain was unbearable and making my life miserable. I experienced no more pain as soon as I started taking these pills and haven't had any since ( 1 year ago). I always had heavy periods and now my periods are super lite for a couple of days. I've had no weight gain, in fact I've lost some. I do experience some moodiness, sadness and low sex drive."

Diane_45 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2016

"The first few months I took Lo Lo Fe, seemed to go well. A few mood swings and headaches, but I figured my body needed time to get used to it. Fast forward 6 months and I still have headaches every day, mood swings, issues with labido, stomach cramps, fatigue, feeling sad and down all the time, and I have gained 16 pounds! No matter how much I work out or how good I eat, my weight goes up every time I step on the scale. I finally decided to quit taking it. All the issues aren't good for me."

TFull (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 18, 2016

"I've been on Lolo for a year now. I literally thought I was pregnant until reading these reviews (still going to the doc today of course), I am dizzy, hungry, nauseous, breast are very sore (mostly at days end), I've been a tiny girl my whole life and gained 15 lbs in the last 2 months! I work out nearly everyday and eat super healthy. I've also had depression and suicidal / irrational thoughts. Dryness has also been a problem along with severe chest pain from time to time. I'm 31 and do not recommend this pill."

JennaSpa May 16, 2016

"I have been taking Lo Loestrin Fe for over A year now, it's the best birth control I've ever taken, I use to have heavy cycles, the worst cramps, and would have to take off work because of being nausea and sick once a month. I would wear ultra tampon with the biggest pads u could find! My iron was low because of how much blood I would lose a month. Since my doctor prescribed this pill I have maintain my weight, I no longer take iron tablets and my periods are very light. It still comes on but sometimes it skips a month and the next month it may stay on two weeks. Long as you maintain a healthy diet it works out fine! Give this a try and see if it works for you!!"

Taylor1986 May 16, 2016

"I was put in this pill to help with heavy bleeding, well I'm in my first month I bled every single day from the first to the last pill, the cramping is unbearable it feels like contractions. I called my doctors office and I was told to continue taking them and give it 3 months but I don't know if I want to do that. I'm miserable, another thing I noticed is my breast are bigger I know doctors say it's a myth but no it's a reality I never had this issue with any other pill. It's weird because these pills are very low in hormones I just hope they don't continue getting bigger."

Rosy36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2016

"I'm really hesitant to go off of Lo Loestrin after 5 years because, for the most part, I've loved it. I used to get crampy periods and since I've been on it I get no cramping whatsoever, barely-there periods (I spot just a tiny bit and then that's it), and no weight gain or moodiness. However, I've had such issues with dryness (I can get wet but can't stay wet during sex) that I think the time has come for me to try a different pill."

EcstaticCling (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2016

"Took almost 3 months of this pill. First month went fine. Almost no side effects. felt less hungry during first month. 2nd month - felt nauseous at times, slight headaches. Bleeding was very light , lasted maybe 1 day or 2. 3rd month - started having stomach pains- and lower back spasms. Couldn't find other cause of spasms - I had no injury etc. Until I found a rare side effect of this med could be spasm. Stopped taking pill midway of the 3rd month couple days ago...haven't felt a spasm since. Back to square one"

lisa2lisa May 10, 2016

"I am just finishing up my 3rd pack aka finishing my 3rd month and I haven't ever felt depressed like this ever before. Sure the first months I got some mood swings and i was very emotional but now my anxiety is being triggered and I have no appetite! Al I want to do is stay home and sleep, I feel sad and uninterested in anything.. Will be switching soon and hopefully I can go back to happy me.. Didn't experience any weight gain and it did not help with my acne."

brit1010 May 10, 2016

"So far I have been taking this pill for three weeks. The first week I was just spotting. The 2nd & 3rd week my period has been extremely heavy, with huge blood clots and very bad abdominal pain. Going to see my GYN again. Still have had my period now for 19 days. Very uncomfortable"

Vanillanikki May 7, 2016

"Overall I liked this pill. You get 24 days of full hormones, 2 days of less hormones and 2 iron pills. The packaging for this birth control is the best I've seen. No confusing circles. Each week is a straight line and the pills are easy to pop out of the package. The days of the week stickers are easy to apply and clear. I was on this pill for 2 months. I had break through bleeding the first month, which is pretty typical when trying a new pill. I unfortunately had issues with severe acne before taking this pill and it made it a lot worse for me. It went from just being on my face to all over my body by the 5th week. Other than the acne the only other thing I noticed was breast tenderness. I had no issues with this pill beyond that."

AnonymousGal May 6, 2016

"Horrible I started it about 3 weeks ago now and since my anxiety has been horrible I cannot enjoy my days I'm constantly nauseous severe cramps and I've started bleeding again two days ago and my pains are horrible when my bleeding started again I also had pretty bad diahrea my stomach has always been a strong one and it seems to be so far off and upset all the time now I've got weird headaches dizziness and lower back pain this pill sucks will stop taking this pill after today when I finally realized what it really was"

Lizzie1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2016

"I started taking Lo Loestrin about 5 years ago and was very satisfied with pill. I had just switched from taking the depo shot and lost all the exceeds weight I had not been able to lose and felt like an entirely new person. Fast forward to the summer of 2015 and my gyno switches me to A new medication because Lo Loestrin was "not available". I was able to get it again around October and it has not been the same pill. I've gained 25 pounds to date which is a substantial amount of weight for my body and developed hives as well, which I have never had before in my life. I will never take Lo Loestrin again."

Kaliz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2016

"Spotty and long/weird periods at first. Now have regulated and seem to be on schedule - my last period was truly two light days! Yay! I used to completely soak through a super plus tampon in 3 hours before starting this pill and now I can wear light tampons without a backup pad!!! I've noticed some breast tenderness and I do feel that I tend be more sensitive emotionally or feel like crying more easily than before. I am not normally very emotional. However, it's nothing to a significant level. Totally manageable emotions for me and only last a couple days at a time. Seems to be working as far as no babies go ;) No affected libido, no weight gain, no skin issues, no nausea, etc."

MeesieMosie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

"I've been on this pill for about a month and a half now and I have had the WORST experience. This is my first time on the pill because I had awful period pains. I was on my period for 2 weeks straight on this pill. I have become an emotional, irritable mess. I've yelled at my boyfriend for the dumbest things and cry at literally EVERYTHING. This pill has made me crazy moody and psycho! And even my sister and boyfriend have noticed a change in my personality. Also, my skin has never been this worse. I've gotten clumps of cystic acne all along my chin, neck, and cheeks. It is SO bad. I am planning on stopping because it is doing nothing for me! I would NOT recommend."

RSchleicher April 30, 2016

"I was on this pill for four months. A week after I started it, I noticed my hair was significantly thinner than normal. The hair loss kept getting worse over the next few months, which is terrifying, I can assure you. I quickly fell into a black hole of depression, which I had never had problems with before. I also had no libido and horrible dryness, to the point that it hurt to even touch my labia. I also gained weight in weird places and had the "pregnant woman body." I quit the pill two weeks ago and it's like a black cloud has been lifted off me. I'm crying reading these reviews because it's such a relief to know I'm not crazy. If you're on this pill, just watch out for the side effects and know it's not you, it's the pill."

DagnyErin April 28, 2016

"I wouldn't recommend this BC. It made me feel like I was in my first trimester of pregnancy again....nauseated, exhausted, aversion to food, etc. On top of that, towards the end of the first month, I ended up with major depression from this pill. Not to mention the spotting. I really wanted to give my body the full 3 months to adjust to this pill, but I couldn't do it. I hope people have better luck than me, but if you have the same experience, I'd say get off Lolo ASAP."

Cangal868 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

"While this was an effective contraceptive, the negative side effects were beyond unbearable. Within the first week, I experienced the most horrible cystic acne break out of my life. The progesterin in this pill is androgen based, which is found to increase acne. Additionally, my mood swings were wild, and I found myself feeling incredibly depressed. I would cry for literally no reason. This birth control ruined my skin. I switched to a different BC, and since then my skin and mood have improved exponentially."

Idkhannah April 25, 2016

"I started taking this birth control pill as my first time trying BC. I really loved it. It didn't affect my libido at all, I didn't have any nausea. Basically, it gave me no side effects and no baby! It was really great. Unfortunately, it was being offered at my college for 25 dollars, but it's significantly more expensive out of pocket without the college discount, so I had to switch once my college stopped discounting it. I've switched a few pills since then, but I still haven't found one as good at Lo Loestrin Fe."

hayanmi April 20, 2016

"I started taking Lo Loestrin when I was in high school (for painful periods) 5 years ago and it was great. My periods got so much lighter and I loved it. I did get nauseous occasionally and sometimes had breakthrough bleeding but nothing too crazy... I could live with it. All of the sudden in the past year and even moreso in the past few months, I have had decreased libido and mood swings. The libido issue is really taking a toll on my relationship so i've decided to switch. I do still recommend this pill though. I overall had a good experience with it, especially for my awful periods."

NotFeelingSexy (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

"So, I'm going to begin with my first birth control... Beyaz. I was taking it for about 6 months until I realized it made me BAT SHIT CRAZY. Other than than I had NO weight gain at all and I felt like my normal self. My doctor switched me to Loestrin so that it would make my mood "better" and it did, I'll give it that. Until one day, I noticed I was feeling a little pudgy... It was about mid October 2015 so I stepped on the scale to see. I WAS RIGHT. I gained 15 pounds in 3 months from 125-140 and when I got off of it, it completely jacked up my already irregular cycle. So here I am, 8 months later, waiting to have another period and still not able to lose the weight. (I just recently began seeing a doctor about these issues)"

_courtknee2 April 16, 2016