User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 196 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

Review by best birth control ever (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Best ever I was going to give up on birth control pills until I tried this one amazing.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 22, 2014 3:35 PM
Review by AlysiaKK. (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I've been taking this for 6 months. First just let me say that ever since I started my VERY first pill I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Since the first pill until now we have never wore a condom. I didn't even have my period until the 5th pack. My face cleared up and I actually lost weight!! BUT I was always very tired and emotional. I've started having breakthrough bleeding and horrible acne. My insurance wont cover this so I have to pay 60.00$ a month. That's not bad but I heard that you can get other ones for free. Because of the breakthrough bleeding I am now switching to Sprintec 28. Everybody is different give it a try!!

April 17, 2014 6:51 PM
Review by Mickeyytrrru: User Rating:

First off, you're probably reading reviews because you're looking to go on this pill or you've just recently been prescribed this pill. I was just like you a few months ago and the paranoid person that I am didn't like the reviews I was seeing but I decided to go ahead and try it. I love this pill I have no side effects and if anything it made my period better it's shorter, comes right on time when the pill changes color, minor cramps, no mood swings. I have nothing negative to say about the pill at all just take it every single day at the same time. I think it's really important to know that a lot of the people who write on here, write because they have had a bad experience with a pill and wanted to warn others about it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2014 6:47 PM
Review by Skwill: User Rating:

I've been on this pill for about 2 years. I originally started taking it to relieve my horrible periods, not to avoid pregnancy. I normally have really horrible periods that last 7-9 days with heavy bleeding, immobilizing cramping, and sometimes nausea. Thank God for this pill! The first 6 months I would have periods every 2 weeks, and with every month they got lighter and lighter until my period disappeared completely. I will occasionally spot, but it will only last a day or two. I have NO cramps (such a life saver!). I have taken other birth control pills and none of them worked this well for me. As far as side effects, I have absolutely NO sex drive and bad acne (I used to have a really clear face).

April 9, 2014 11:13 PM
Review by haydee11: User Rating:

Have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 11 mo. At first I experienced light bleeding and headaches. After a few months on it, I have not had a period in 5 months and no other side effects. Not having a period does make me somewhat weary but will be visiting gyno this week for yearly check up.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by Smashhleyyy: User Rating:

I loved this birth control! It has been the only birth control I've been on! The only complaint I have is that my breasts were hard as a rock the first month! I had no acne or weight gain, and my moods are stable. My periods are about 2 days compared to being 5 days.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2014 10:20 AM
Review by Martha Troncoso: User Rating:

I've been using Lo Loestrin Fe for almost 10 months now I began using them after I gave birth. They are truly effective I don't suffer from spotting or periods and I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. My doctor did mention with drinking this your stopping your period if you have periods, you are probably taking it wrong. It's normal to spot a little on the last week of the pack.

April 4, 2014 11:09 PM
Review by Derby Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

It works, but stressful experience. This pill made me skip my period for 58 days. Which resulted in a lot of anxiety and pregnancy tests. It also took over a full month of quitting the medicine before I got my cycle to come back.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2014 10:19 AM
Review by Ash366279: User Rating:

I was on the shot my first in December of '13, next was due in March '14. Barely had a period but when I did it would last 15 days straight then I switched to the pill and since I've taken it I've had a period non stop. Before any birth control my period would last 3 days. I stopped taking birth control all together it caused back pain, cramps, headaches. It was supposed to help cysts but I'd rather go through that pain then with this.

April 3, 2014 8:14 AM
Review by Pleased (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

While I feel like every single person reacts differently to different birth controls, I'd still like to show that for me in particular, Lo Loestrin Fe worked absolutely beautifully. The first few months were a little rough, as expected for a first time birth control user. The only hard part in these two months was that my periods were very heavy and longer than usual; about 7 days as opposed to the normal 4. After my "transition months" I've completely stopped getting periods or any bleeding for the past 4 months now, and it has been great. I have no mood swings, acne, weight gain, headaches, nausea, etc. This being said, everyone reacts differently. Personally, I'm in love with everything except for the price ($250/mo) which is why I have to switch.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 6:20 PM
Review by chukerie: User Rating:

I have been taking Lo Loestrin Fe for 3 months now. I started this pill after having the Mirena for 5 years and having little to no period a month. For the first month on this pill I had a normal period but the 2nd and 3rd month I have been having extremely heavy bleeding and blot clots. So far my periods are coming about every 5 days. On For 7 days, Off for 5 days. I feel terrible. I feel tired, having diarrhea, and headaches. My cramps are in my back and constant. And I am not sure if the pill is to blame but I have been getting anxious & nervous a lot for no reason lately. I made up my mind to stop taking the pill and make a doc appointment. Hope this helps others.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 29, 2014 1:11 AM
Review by Always Used Loloestrin Fe: User Rating:

I bought this 2-3 months before I got married and had very little side effects. I have been married 2.5 years and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I think the only annoyance is that my period comes every other month and that I get some spotting off and on throughout the month. My periods are shorter and there is less bleeding, which is a nice thing. I haven't taken any other birth control, but I'm thinking of switching to a cervical cap a year before we want to have kids (so I can get my hormones regulating correctly again).

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 14, 2014 2:17 PM
Review by 031314Jess (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 years. Prior to taking this pill I suffered from horrible periods that would last up to 2 weeks, go away for a week, then return. They were incredibly heavy with severe clotting. After trying numerous other birth control pills, Lo Loestrin was the only one that stopped the bleeding altogether. For the first time in my life I have no bleeding other than occasional spotting every couple of months. I also lost 10 pounds going from 128 to 118. All of that has been extremely positive except it gave me horrible acne which I have never had, ever. I now use a Retin-A which helps but I still have very large pores where before I had beautiful porcelain skin. My hair has also thinned dramatically.

March 13, 2014 11:20 AM
Review by Shea1234: User Rating:

I started this pill to alleviate migraines and prevent pregnancy. Overall, my experience with this pill has been wonderful from day one. I don't have any breakouts, no migraines, no weight gain, and I haven't gotten my period once in the seven months I've been on it. The downside: I'm overly emotional. I will cry over a commercial, now. And I'm paranoid all the time of being pregnant.

February 26, 2014 2:01 AM
Review by NYCchick87: User Rating:

I've only been on Lo Loestrin for a couple months, but I am very pleased so far. With other pills (and I've been on plenty) I break out, gain weight, am extremely moody, but this one has been a breeze. My skin looks great, haven't gained weight (my breasts are slightly bigger), and my mood is great. I think I finally found a pill that works for me. Also love that they offer a coupon card which makes my payment $35!

February 24, 2014 4:07 PM
Review by Goldengirl29 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

This is my second time around on this. I took it about 3 yrs ago for a full year and totally loved it, hence why I got back on it. This time it was a much different experience. The 3 months I was on it was constant breakthrough bleeding pretty much every single day. About 8-10lbs weight gain (fairly active, in my late 20s, eat clean). Sex drive was non existent. No acne, thankfully. I also experienced some depression, never suicide but just down and blue most days. I am switching to Microgestin Fe 1/20 because OB said Lo Loestrin may have been too low of a dosage for me.

February 11, 2014 9:54 PM
Review by Vanellopie (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

The first month was the worst. I had a lot if mood swings and very tender breasts. After that the side effects have been very minimal. I no longer have my period, but around the time I used to get my period every month I get light cramps. I also get very tender breasts during this time but they have gotten bigger since taking the birth control. The only major complaint I have is that I've had a major decrease in sex drive as well as being very tired in the morning. I switched to this birth control because I got very sick every morning. I like this one much better.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2014 12:37 AM
Review by Colleen1298: User Rating:

This birth control is good for me, but I did have MAJOR side effects. I had almost constant bleeding for about 4 months, and nausea for the first month. After that though, everything is smooth sailing! The only other complaint I would have is breast tenderness.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 31, 2014 10:38 PM
Review by bcbre: User Rating:

I have been on this pill for over a year and I love it! I used to be on the Nuvaring and it was the absolute worst experience. I was constantly crying/arguing/depressed without any reason. I also gained a lot of weight on the ring. I have not gained any weight in Lo Loestrin Fe except for in my breasts. I also have not had any mood swings in comparison to the ones I had before on the ring. My periods (when I do get them, which is rare now) last for 2 days and are super light. A downfall is that since Lo Loestrin Fe is so new it is still pricey without insurance coverage. But it is great and after using it, I'm hesitant to switch to anything else.

January 29, 2014 10:30 PM
Review by aaavxqelisa: User Rating:

Lo Loestrin has worked great for me. My sex drive is slightly increased, if anything. No side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2014 8:13 PM
Review by leoswiggy: User Rating:

I switched to Loestrin to alleviate migraines from my last set of pills, and it worked alright. They aren't as severe but still persist. Otherwise, I have 2 day periods with no cramping, perfect skin, and no mood swings! I recommend it if you have any issues with acne, cramping, or irregularity.

January 27, 2014 3:11 PM
Review by Alysaur: User Rating:

I've been trying to find the right birth control for me for about 3 years now and this is by far my favorite! I've been on it for three months and it's helped me a lot with my cramps, I barely even have any, and when I do they are very manageable. I didn't gain any weight and I didn't have any breakouts. I did have some mood swings in the first month but by the second month I didn't have any. I did have a little breakthrough bleeding the first month but that only lasted about two days. I just finished my third pack and I have to say, it's amazing. I didn't have any cramps and I also didn't have a period! YAY! It's a keeper.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2014 8:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been on this bc for 3 months and it's been the worst 3 months of my life! I had pretty clear skin before taking this but now it's awful! I have tons of small pimples all over my forehead and chin and big pimples on my back. It has also left bad scars on my face. As far as weight goes I haven't gained any weight. I've lost weight if anything. I am switching at the end of my pack because I just can't handle the awful acne!!

January 22, 2014 7:55 PM
Review by Cynthia c (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have only been on for a month and I have mood swings, breast tenderness, horrible cramps, food cravings, no period, and I'm always tired like winded tired

January 18, 2014 12:08 PM
Review by Alisssssssa: User Rating:

I read a few of the reviews on this page and many said that in the first month or so they had terrible acne! This is also true with me but this is the only birth control I've been on where my skin is 100% clear after about month three! I also always suffered from SEVERE mood swings with other birth control- crying over nothing, bouts of rage, extreme insecurity- but this is so much better. The only downside is that for some reason I am very tired especially in the morning- it's almost impossible to wake up even with 8 hrs. But the changes in my mood outweigh the tiredness! Great for people who have a lot of bad side effects with other birth controls!

January 10, 2014 12:38 PM