User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Review Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 208 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I just started my third pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far I like this pill. I have been having a menstrual cycle since age 11, so I am ecstatic to have not seen a cycle in two months. There has been no spotting at all. During my first pack,there was very light spotting my second week and then nothing. The down side thus far is that my libido has dropped and I don't orgasm as easily. Also , I find that my body is extra tender to touch, especially my breasts."

Blissmiss38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

"I have been on it bc for 3 months now , it seems like this Brown discharge never goes away , I get my period on time but its longer than the regular 5 days . Not sure if I should switch birth control or just keep taking it . Help ????"

teara huges (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2015

"This is only my second month on Lolo, but so far so good. Usually by this time on other birth controls I have had debilitating migraines and cramps. Where as on Lolo I have had one headache, and one five minute cramping session both on the same day. Definitely experienced a few mood swings and the tender boobs though (to the point of my bra even hurting them, which sucked but only lasted about a week) Usually have a one or two day periods, with mediumish flow and no cramps (so only on Lolo to prevent little mes!) The only downside I see with it is that my period did not show up at all this month. Needless to say I was scared until consulting Google and reading some other gals experiences! Overall impressed with Lolo though (:"

--kp. May 23, 2015

"This is my first BC. For about the next 3-4 months, I had irregular periods with spotting here and there. This month, I totally skipped my period, as of right now I'm 17 days late. Took a test and it came back negative, so I can attest to the missed period thing - don't be too stressed when/if it happens (if you take your pills correctly)! First couple months I cried a lot and had terribly sore boobs. They also grew from a 32B to a 32D though, so I'm not mad. NO nausea at all. A few migraines. I'm not pregnant and we use withdrawal and never use condoms, so this pill is extremely effective and gives me that extra assurance for the lowest estrogen count. I'm a fan! 9/10 because of the scary missed period thing."

Em10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2015

"I've been taking this pill for almost a month and this is the first birth control I've ever taken. My periods always came the same time for about 5 days once a month but now that I'm on this pill I've had my period for almost 9 days and still heavy bleeding not to mention I shouldn't be starting my actual peroid for another week or two. But I do have to say my face is really clear though I usually don't break out that bad anyways. Also haven't noticed any weight gain yet. My sex drive is still very high but I can't do anything about it when I'm continuously bleeding all the time. "

idekmarymichael May 19, 2015

"So I've been on Lo LoesteinFe since Nov 2014 now and I've been liking it so far, I was afraid to breakout since I always had very clear skin all of my life . The good thing is my skin is still very clear and I haven't gained a drastic amount of weight even though I don't eat right most of the time so that's good . (But I recommend to exercise and eat right while your on it ). The only downside is that I've been feeling mood swings and depressed while still on this pill and I've only felt this change just this month . Because I'm normally very upbeat and stress free . But other then that I recommend it for not worrying about breaking out or gaining much weight ."

Carmonab May 17, 2015

"My experience with this birth control was HORRIBLE! It was the first one I've ever taken. My periods were every 3.5 weeks for four days, light, rarely ever cramped, and never really moody. I got on the birth control for birth control that's it. I told my doctor that and she prescribed this. My moods were insane! The slightest thing would set me off and I'd go through about 20 moods in 10min. My periods were no longer normal. I bled for two weeks every two weeks for the first 6 months. I called my doctor's office every couple weeks but they continued to tell me keep taking it. At about month 7 my period regulated then by month 9 I wasn't even having periods. The crazy moods never stopped and the cramps were horrible. I recently switched bc."

courtney1814 May 16, 2015

"I like the pill for the light and short periods and for the obvious, not getting me pregnant. I have a slight problem. For the past few months I've been getting a period every two weeks. It's annoying and I am thinking it has to do with the low dose. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? p.s. I've been on the pill for about 9 months."

liv9888 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

"I have been on this for 2 weeks now and no side effects thus far (except for possible bloating...can't really tell if it is related yet). I was previously on NuvaRing which gave me a yeast infection and on Ortho TriCyclen/Ortho TriCyclen Lo many years ago and experienced morning nausea and severe mood swings constantly. Thus, loving it so far!"

samsara (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

"I have been on lo lostrin fe (it is my first birth control pill I've ever taken) for about 1 and a half months. This is overall an effective product; although, I've been having a few side effects including very light cramping and continuous spotting, which I hope will wear off. I have easily gained 4 lbs (which I wanted to do intentionally) and my mood has been a lot better than before! No PMS or anything. I haven't once been nauseous while taking this; I always eat right after I take the pill at the same time every morning. I would recommend this to anyone who wants an effective low-dosage contraceptive."

Brittadac May 9, 2015

"First month was awful, with 3 week period and constant crying and mood swings. 2days into the second pack, my menstrual stopped, along with the mood swings. I was on Nuba ring before this and gained 20lbs "

Momofawesomeness May 9, 2015

"First birth control pill I've tried. The first month I had spotting and a normal period. The second month I had light spotting and an extremely light 2 day period. This medication made me depressed and tired. I am now two weeks into Beyaz"

cgl17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

"I've been taking Lo estrin fe for about 5 months now. I must be on the 5th or 6th pack by now. Needed something for birth control and acne that would not cause me to gain weight like ortho tri cyclen lo did. My gynecologist recommended the lowest dose of estrogen, hoping it would help. I have not gained any more weight since my terrible experience with ortho tri cyclen lo, but my acne hasn't improved at all so I'm beginning accutane and staying on lo estrin fe to combat that problem. I was hoping that the pill would increase my breast size, but alas it did not."

mattycatz May 4, 2015

"Lolo is the first birth control that's been right me. I tried Seasonale and Marvelon and spotted non stop, gained 10lbs in a year and experienced acne, which I'm lucky to rarely have. Lolo cleared my skin, I never spotted after taking it- I am very good at taking it at exactly the same time everyday. My periods are 2-3 days and very light. This month, I didn't even have a period, this is normal with Lolo. I've taken the 10lb off, haven't had an breakouts or mood swings either. Lolo was recommended by my Dr as my periods were heavy, long and painful. Not anymore. Highly recommended to anyone else with those issues."

Meg8501 May 4, 2015

"I have been on this pill for 4 months. The first month my period was normal (for me - quite heavy), the second month my period was very light, and ever since I have not had a period. I still notice bloating and slight weight gain before my period, but no other side effects. Although the pill itself is quite expensive, it is worth it because I no longer have to buy hygiene products since I don't have a period."

23YO (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2015

"I started Lo Loestrin Fe 3 weeks ago, and so far have had a great expierence on it, no weight gain,(Ive actually lost 3 lbs) and if anything my moods are alot better, no nausea, no headaches. Overall this pill is good so far. I was put on this due to very heavy bleeding every month, and clots the size of plums coming out every 10 min from me. I had a DNC to try and correct bleeding before I started the pill, and that worked for 2 months, then went right back to the same thing, bleeding like crazy for weeks with clots. About 3 days into the pill my bleeding has completly stopped, no cramps, no clots. I worry about the weight gain, so hopefully I will not gain. Overall I think this pill is doing its job and I would recommend."

Medical79 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

"I began taking this pill in December 2014 and stopped taking it after I finished my third pack. My breasts were continuously very tender throughout the entire time. The first month I did not have a period and I had two light periods per month after that, however, I did not have any cramping. I also had slight weight gain and ance and extreme hair loss."

ashsavannah15 April 20, 2015

"I've been on this pill for about 4 years and haven't had any problems. Periods are so light and last about 3 days as long as you take the pills when you're suppose to. I haven't had any side effects that I have noticed. This pill is perfect"

AlexisNicole April 20, 2015

"When I first starting taking Lo Loestrin Fe, it was the first birth control pill I had taken, so I was expecting to become a little moody (which had subsided after about two weeks), but besides that I was completely fine. The first month on the pill I had a little breakthrough bleeding (very little brown discharge-- only for a couple of days), and this too had subsided after the first month. Ever since then I have had no period, no weight gain, no cramps, no breakthrough bleeding, no spotting, no nothing!"

dsc9893 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2015

"After over 1 year without birth control, I tried lo lo estrin at the insistence of my OB. I tried it for 4 months, waiting for the bleeding and spotting to stop, despite making sure every day I took the pill at the exact same time. Besides the non-stop spotting, I also found my libido affected. I stopped wanting and enjoying sex. I finally went back to the pill I had previously used and am back to normal periods and enjoying sex."

Gabby323 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

"I am super sensitive to most birth control, but this pill is perfect. I have been on this pill for a year, and I will continue. I still experience some PMS (a few acne spots on my jawline and I'm extra moody/ hungry), but I haven't had a period the entire time. No weight gain either!"

lulalaefa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2015

"I've been on this pill for about two months now and I've experienced weight gain, extreme mood changes, and irregular periods (which may be because I just began taking it.) So far it's done its job, but the side effects taking a toll on my body are no longer tolerable for me personally."

CarolineA April 13, 2015

"Worst bc pill ever. I've been on a few different pills and i've never had a bad reaction until i took this one. I was getting my period twice a month and had awful mood swings."

N/A95 April 10, 2015

"Love this birth control. I have been on it for 2 years now. I don't get periods. No weight gain. No side effects at all! You just have to make sure you take it at the same time each day. I have multiple friends who switched to this birth control and have had similar results!"

Coffee221 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

"Been taking for 6 months. During the first month I had extremely sensitive breasts (even clothing touching against me was sore). Other than that my experience has been positive - a little random mid month bleeding but no side effects such as headaches, weight gain, mood changes etc. I plan to stay on it."

Anonymous April 7, 2015