User Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5 / 30

Birth Control 9 reviews 275 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1.5/30 reviews 11 reviews 4.0

Reviews for Junel Fe 1.5/30

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for over 5 years. The first ~6 months were difficult (I had to take it with food or I'd get nauseous, certain times of the cycle it made me extremely tired, moody, etc). The longer I stayed on it, the more those symptoms subsided- so I encourage anyone struggling with it to hold out because it will likely improve. I also learned that you have to take it at the EXACT same time every day or the side effects are worse. The past few years I have had no problems with it at all."

Not Applicable 2384204 April 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely love Junel fe. It's the first pill I've tried and so far I wouldn't change anything. My periods are light and short but regular. I haven't gained any weight but the pill seems to be aiding in weight loss as I work out a fair amount. No nausea. I have been getting more anxious lately & I do worry that may be a side effect, but I am a person with anxiety disorders in general so I'm not too sure. I've had an increase in my sex drive as well, and I haven't gotten pregnant, which is the important part here."

Tay1616 January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I highly recommend that those who are prone to any sort of acne try a DIFFERENT brand of birth control. Junel Fe, otherwise known as Microgestin, is a pill that will not usually make one's acne better, it will either stay the same OR make it worse. I was sadly in the latter category. This is because it's a low estrogen pill. With Junel Fe I began to get acne all over my face - my jaw, cheeks, forehead, and chin. I would get up to 7 painful, embarrassing cystic lumps at a time and tons of zits that were oddly prone to leaving scars. I went from almost perfect skin to having adult acne! Nothing improved after 6 months. Seems like good skin on birth control isn't possible for everyone...Anyway, a high estrogen pill is probably better for acne."

VioletStar88 November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Well I've been on this birth control for a month now and the only negative thing is I gained 10 pounds in the past month. Other than that I haven't had any cramping or a period. Before this I was on the junel 1/20 which my cramping was horrible and my periods were heavy when I had them. I would get it for 3 months then missed a month."

krystalg85 September 3, 2015

For Birth Control "Not pregnant, so at least there's that. Beyond that, I'm not terribly impressed. Dramatic mood swings; just this morning, I went from being a ray of sunshine to crying on the floor in my room because my jeans were tight. This happens several times a week. Which brings me to the next lovely side effect; weight gain. I have an active career (I'm a dancer) and I work out 5-6 days a week. I have a very healthy diet, which I moniter carefully. Yet, I have gained about 8-10 pounds since starting this pill. I normally have very clear skin, but have noticed some breaking out along my cheekbones and jawline. The best one; my libido is in the basement. I'm at the end of month four. Calling the Dr in the morning. Not worth the depression, especially."

Rose4386 August 15, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "If I could I would give this pill a 0. My period continued to come a week early and heavy, cramping became worse than it has been, I gained 5 lbs, my acne got a lot worse, my lips got incredibly cracked, and my hypersensitivity worsened greatly. Definitely getting off of this pill as soon as possible"

Jjennyy ww July 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since I was 16 and now I'm 21. I take this pill as a continuous birth control and never get my period. I have nothing bad to say about this pill and will continue to take it as long as needed. It's great!"

rc023 April 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 4 years now and its worked wonderfully for me. It completely regulated my period, the flow and not to mention it's prevented pregnancy flawlessly."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel for a year and 1 month. I love everything about it except the weight gain. I have always struggled with my weight and I have gained about 15-20 pounds in a year. HOWEVER, it is the only bad side effect. My periods are super light, much like spotting, and only lasts a few days. My cramps are about the same, mostly in my back and legs but taper off as my period continues. This month I actually had NO PERIOD! My mood swings have actually calmed down a bit and I feel great taking the pills. I do not see me coming off the pills anytime soon! I have United HealthCare and it completely covered the birth control, even the co-pay."

Michelle Taylor 8301 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for 6 years, never had problems. I switched to this pill because my Dr thought a higher dosage would help with mood swings. It did that, but I also developed horrible acne on my face & back. I gained 6 lbs (in 2 months) despite increased diet & exercise. I also started growing facial hair. This definitely was NOT right for me!"

hatesjunel (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2013

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I tried this medication based on recommendations from my doctor. First, read ALL the information about the pill before taking it. My doctor prescribed this to me knowing I suffer from severe migraines (it was in my medical history and discussed). It says in the description NOT to take this if you suffer from migraines. So aside from that, here is what this pill has done to me: Extreme and heavy bleeding for 14 days now (and it's showing no signs of stopping), body soreness, breast soreness, increased headaches, extreme eye pain, extreme fatigue, extreme mood swings, loss of appetite and weight, heavy cramping, chest pains, difficulty breathing, and loss of libido. "

Anne Summers December 14, 2011

"I was on the Nuvaring and the Patch before that. I had terrible moodswings, irregular bleeding and weight gain. I have none of that with this pill. I am 45 years old and having been using for over two years."

Anonymous September 29, 2011