User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2 reviews 98 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 137 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 85 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Acne "I gave it a 4/10 because obviously it works for birth control if that's your main purpose of using this pill. In my case I was using this pill as an aid for acne, I had been on accutane twice and countless types of medications and topical creams so my dermatologist suggested trying birth control. I will NEVER recommend this for someone trying to help their acne. My skin is worse than it has ever been and I have never been more self conscious in my entire life and I start my senior year of high school in less than a month, I regret my decision to go on this pill, it has come to the point where I literally do not even want to go out in public and I do not wear makeup nor do I like make up and I do not want to have to start wearing it."

Savannahxx12 August 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 4 months now. I plan on switching as soon as I can. I would not even get through my 21 day pack before I started spotting bad. I'm currently spotting now because the time change through my vacation has apparently messed it up even though I've been taking them the same time. I got on the birth control to help lighten my cramps and flow, but I have yet to experience that."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2015

For Birth Control "It was fine for about 3 months...and then I started to notice that me and my Fience were fighting all the time. I would bite his head off if he said something smart or even if he didnt. I lost all sex drive. ALL and almost lost the love of life. I can day I didn't have periods at all...and I saved money on tampons lol it may be different for you..but unfortunately not for me."

teginsnfkckf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I started this pill on July 22nd and received my period on August 1st it's now August 14 and my period is still on and showing no signs of leaving. The first two weeks I was sick couldn't eat and had extreme headaches. Now I'm very low in energy and just ready for this to be over. My doctor tells me that it's normal, I have had a heavy flow since I started this can't be normal"

numpie199089 August 14, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been taking Junel for about 6 months now. I switched from Minastrin because I had regular breakthrough bleeding. After Minastrin, I tried Yasmin and Yaz, both of which made me very depressed and moody. Junel seems to not affect my mood as much, but I think it still does a little. I don't have any breakthrough bleeding with Junel. My one complaint is that during my period, I get terrible migraines. I am like a zombie with nonstop migraines for 3-4 or even 5 days straight. No pain medicine helps. Junel also totally cleared up my acne and gives me light, cramp-free periods. When I'm not taking a hormone, my periods are much heavier and have painful cramping."

jfkds August 13, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the worst bc ever! I am always always regular. Went on this after my second daughter was born. After taking it a week I started spotting which turned into full bleeding with clots, and wasn't due for my period for another 2 weeks. Felt dizzy, headaches and nauseous. Went off mid pack. Been on alesse and yaz in the past and never had a problem. I know bc is different for everyone but I do not recommend junel fe."

Momof2newyork (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Left a review when I initially started, said I'd update it after a while of taking the pill. PROS: Regulated and lightened period; effective birth control. CONS: Mild increase in acne; slight spotting in the beginning; nausea; cramping. Nausea and cramping got worse the week before, during, and after my period. By the time I got my period during fourth month, this affected my daily life. Really interrupted my digestive functions - bowel movements ranging from constipation to diarrhea, bloating, general queasiness. On my period during fifth month, actually vomited. Also exponentially increasing depressed feelings. Never before had these problems on my period. Decided to stop taking it because at this point I just want to be happy and healthy"

hauntedbagels August 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for roughly 3 and a half years and couldn't imagine being on anything else. It cleared up my acne that I struggled with for a long time and now I only get a few breakouts during my period. It also made my periods so light and regular, but sometimes it's almost hard to tell if I even have my period. It has also prevented pregnancy even when I didn't use a condom. If it wasn't for not being able to tell if I even get my period on occasion, I would rate this medication a 10. However, with that being said, all bodies respond differently to different medications so that side effect might only pertain to me."

Bria_ (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control for 10 years due to surgery at a young age. I can honestly say that Junel almost ruined my life. I became completely depressed on this medication, but blamed that on the fact that I just moved 1,000 miles from home and I was homesick. Then I started to realize that there was a pattern. I'd get extremely anxious and depressed for a few days and then it would subside (somewhat) for a week or two. It got to the point where my anxiety was so bad I could barely breathe and making it through a day seemed impossible. I talked to my gynecologist and had my pill changed. I am a completely different person now and thankfully got off of this medication before it claimed my life."

Anonymous July 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Junel Fe due to sudden horrible menstral cramps that led me to pass out and hit my head on my bathroom tile. I had no noticeable side effects (other than big boobs) and my periods were extremely light and always right on time. No side effects is really awesome especially because my body is super sensitive to medications.I noticed, though, after about the sixth month of taking it I was feeling bloated all the time, to the point where I finally stopped after eight months. I think it's good to have a low dosage of hormones like this one, I would give it a try! I would say though if you don't need to be on the pill I would try being hormone free- it made me feel so healthy.:)"

Anonymous July 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 7 years and do not have complaints. I never experienced negative side effects and did not gain any weight. Before going on this birth control my periods were irregular and had been for 6 years. I can pretty much predict the hour I will get my period each month. My periods only last 2-4 days now and are very light. The only "problem" I have had is over the past few years I have skipped a few periods (about 3 or 4 a year). I talked to my OBGYN and he said that is nothing to worry about. Overall, I think it's a great birth control."

JKR621 June 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this BC about 9 months ago. I did have abnormal periods one month I would start on the Iron pills and the next I would start a week before. I am currently PREGNANT so somewhere along the line this BC failed me big time. With abnormal periods how are you really supposed to know? I took this BC religiously every night around 11 pm."

Anonymous June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was taking Junel Fe 1/20 for about a year and unfortunately had to switch because it wasnt covered by my insurance. The best thing it did for me personally was lighten my period. my periods would last 5 days or so but they were easy to live with because they weren't heavy like before. Also calmed my cramps. Before BC i would get cramps EVERY TIME my cycle started. With this, I only had cramps occasionally."

Jasmine90 June 8, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have severe dysmenorrhea which is painful periods. I cramp terribly to where I can barely walk. I was allergic to my last pill so I had to switch. At first Junel was great. But then I noticed I went from 164 to 174. But during that time I bled for 15 days then not at all the next month. Severe cramping. Depression. Mood swings. Migraines where I can't be around light it sound. As well as acne on my jaw line and clusters. I never get acne. Now I weigh 187. 23 pounds I gained. I'm a D1 athlete so it's not like I'm lazy. I wanted to switch but my doctors nurse practitioner said to stay on it. Best believe I'm switching ASAP."

bejumew (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm on my second month on this medication and it is absolutely terrible, I'm so hormonal and I feel depressed most of the time. My breasts are so tender it hurts to wear a bra or do anything. I would not recommend."

Sad1997 May 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for 9 months now. For the first month, I had the normal side effects of moodiness, weight gain, nausea, etc. I have not had those issues since. Overall, I've been happy with Junel. I've gotten a couple of yeast infections, but they cleared up with medication. I also struggled with breakthrough bleeding for the first several months, but that's common with any pill. What I'm concerned about currently is my acne. The pill has been helping my acne so far, but over the past couple of weeks I've been having issues (acne along the jawline, although not as bad as when I'm off the pill). I intend to monitor it for a month, but if it doesn't clear up I plan to switch."

GiGi123 May 26, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been taking Junel Fe for 1 compelte year after switching from loestrin because of the expenses. Personally it did great for me for preventing birth control. But I gain 18 pounds and always have food cravings. My breast gained 2 cup sizes and are always sore...it's hard to sleep. My emotions are all over the place I can be fine one minute then I am angry and crying my eyeballs out the next for no reason. My anxiety increased severely and I wwaaas depressed. My acne got worse and my periods were awful. Obviously this pill wasn't for me. I am finishing my pack and then starting a new one that my doc prescribed. It's the generic for Yaz which has me worried. But I will give it a try since I know my doctor would not reccomend if not safe"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for almost 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems. I get my period once a year every February and that is so awesome! I don't have a side effects.and doesn't mess with my emotions or weight. I have seen some of the reviews and all I can say is everyones body is different and adjusts to medicine differently."

mabila (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I used the pill for 1 month and 9 days. I did not get my period the first month. But had cramps for weeks, which was the reason for beginning this pill in the first place. I gained 10 pounds, then lost it the week I was off, then gained it back again after the first 7 days of the 2nd pack. I had no interest in doing anything. I would be angry or I would cry. I cried everyday, for no reason. When I would cry hysterically for hours at a time is when I threw them in the garbage. I know they say it takes 3 months to get regulated, it is just not worth it. I would rather feel happy, then hinder cramp pain which only lasted a few days anyways."

Anonymous April 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 5 months and I have no major complaints. I was on Lo Loestrin FE for 6 months prior but unfortunately had to switch because it was too expensive. The only thing I've noticed is that I get very emotional over tiny things unlike when I was on Lo Loestrin. My period is extremely regular. (Always comes on the first day of the placebo pill week, very light and only for about 3-4 days.) Also cleared up my skin big time and no weight gain at all. (I've actually lost 7 pounds since being on BC and have had very little change in my eating patterns and physical activity.) Would've given it a 10 if it weren't for the mood swings."

Ashley299 April 18, 2015

For Birth Control "My daughter suffered with a heavy flow and debilitating cramps. It felt powerless not to be able to help her. I took her to a Gyn doc and she was placed on this medication. After 2 months she was so much better. By the 3rd mth she had a allergic reaction and broke out in hives all over her arms that were itchy red circular spots. Her face broke out as well. I hope the next birth control pill works for her cramps as well as the rest of her. But for now this is not it..signed sad mom."

Ramonja April 13, 2015

For Birth Control "After having to be taken away in an ambulance from work I spent 5 hours in the ER due to all of the side effects from the pill. My friend who's a medic thought I was having some kind of seizure. I've had 3 friends tell me they've had terrible experiences on this pill. I'm definitely switching."

mkaylynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This has been my very first birth control pill. I have taken it for almost an entire month and so far everything is good. What I've noticed so far is that I'm more moody/emotional, I feel hungrier than usual, my period is lighter but my cramps are still there and they've been there everyday. They used to end around the 2nd day but I'm on the 4th day and I still have cramps. I can manage cramps and a little moodiness tho, so no biggie. No weight gain so far but I work out 3-5 times a week and drink lots of water. No acne but I use Proactiv because I used to get bad breakouts. My doctor said I'd be protected after the first 7 days so I have had sex with a condom but it was after 2 weeks. I'm pretty satisfied so far. Plan to stick with it."

Ashley M. April 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel for two years. I've never had acne and only gained a few pounds. My breasts got a size bigger as well. My period went from awful heavy and cramping for eight days at a time, to light and easy cramps for four days. It has also prevented pregnancy like it is supposed to. My obgyn even said this is the first birth control she goes to when reccomending a type to women. I love this birth control and would reccomend it to anyone."

Tayrose March 30, 2015

For Acne "First month was terrible. Couldn't stop crying and I broke out terribly, which was very upsetting considering the only reason I went on birth control in the first place was because of my acne. 3rd month everything completely turned around- my acne got noticeably better. Being on it for 5 months now I notice that around my period and the week before my skin is flawless.. but the first two weeks of starting the new packet I seem to breakout. Maybe the hormones are too high. In terms of my period it's extremely light and I get no PMSing at all anymore, while before sometimes I couldn't go to school it was so bad."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2015