User Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Menstrual Disorders 0 reviews 72 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 31 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Review by MEGANNNNN: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched from Loestrin to Junel one month ago, I'm currently in my placebo time. I'm sad Loestrin is no more. This medicine has made me moody, severe breast tenderness, and ACNE! I have never had acne as an adult. They're big and painful! However I feel like it is subsiding. Breasts are less tender. No bleeding yet, but I stopped having periods on Loestrin years ago. I'm sticking with it for now!

April 15, 2014 4:19 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was taking to control facial hair growth. I just finished my first pack and I've see all the negative side effects. My period was light, only needing a panty liner but I've been spotting for over two weeks now. I never had heavy periods so it's kind of annoying. I did get and am still bloated. The hair growth have not stopped, still grows at the same pace. If no change in three months, I plan to stop.

April 15, 2014 2:36 AM
Review by Jade22: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I used to be on Orhro Tri-cyclen until it made me an emotional basket case. I then switched to Junel Fe 1/20 and I felt completely normal again. I took a year break and two months ago I began to notice I was getting acne like a teenager again, I'm 30. Mostly hormonal, jaw and chin area. I decided to get back on it again. I've been on it for almost 2 months and my acne cleared up. 2 weeks into it I noticed bloating, and breast swelling. I also noticed I went up 3lbs. However all that went away my 2nd month in. I'm back to my normal weight, no more swelling in the stomach area, although my breasts are fuller than usual. These were my only symptoms. If this happens to you give it 2 months at least for your body to get adjusted.

April 14, 2014 6:39 PM
Review by allierocks: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: So, I'm on month two of my pack and my acne, which wasn't bad before I started taking the Pill, is out of control. I do tend to feel bloated more than usual, but my appetite is about the same. I do, however, feel as though I am gaining a bit of weight.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2014 11:22 AM
Review by Average woman (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Acne: I am currently half way through my 3rd month. I was on the NuvaRing which made my skin immaculate, but because it caused low libido I stopped. After 4 months being off of the ring, I started getting acne again. I finally decided to try birth control again to help with my skin issues and my doctor recommended Junel. My skin has gotten way worse than it ever was. I am getting acne on my back and neck as well.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2014 7:15 PM
Review by rubysprks: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I switched from Beyaz to Junel mainly because I wanted to clear up my skin. It was a very spur of the moment thing and my doc gyno didn't really treadle in the pros and cons. So, I'm on the new pack...I finish the new pack (28 days no placebo) and, nothing. Well, barely. My period is SO light (2-3 days tops) from what it used to be. (4-9 days heavy, heavy flow) I was throttled at first because yes, I was sexually active at the time and the scantiness of the flow really freaked me out. My acne did clear up. I still get my period every month no matter how miniscule it is. I could talk about Junel all day but...they don't give me enough words.

March 12, 2014 7:42 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Went from getting the most awful, paralyzing cramps and heavy periods (one super plus for every 2 hours) to no cramps at all, and an almost non-existant period (2-3 light tampons per DAY). Cleared up my acne, and regulated my hormones so I no longer have mood swings or PMS, and have never once been nauseated.

February 6, 2014 9:16 PM
Review by Smv (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: My doctor switched me to this, I was on Ocella before this. So far, I've been on this stuff for just about a month. No acne or weight gain. However, I have been having the WORST mood swings I have ever had in my life. I feel like a crazy person. I am definitely calling my doctor after Christmas to switch back to Ocella.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 25, 2013 8:16 AM
Review by First birth control (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I just finished my first pack and this is my first experience with the pill in general. The first week I was really bloated, and I freaked out! I also had an increased appetite that I tried my best not to give in to. After about 14 days, the bloating went away and my appetite was back to normal. I got my period on time, and it has been really light! I usually bleed so much and of that I would have to wear two pads and I would change it every 2-3 hours. My face has cleared up and my back acne is also started to clear up. Am having a great experience so far and hopefully it continues this way! Anyone who takes this, do not be discouraged if the first week it not perfect. Finish the pack first, and see what the results are.

December 11, 2013 10:31 PM
Review by ESN29791:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: This pill had its pros and cons, but mostly cons as I just switched from it. Pros- very very light period (basically nonexistant), no mood swings, no weight gain Cons- more severe cramps than I have ever experienced in my life, terrible side effects of puberty (my face was out of control and I was really sweaty), heat flashes, craving sweets like crazy

November 18, 2013 4:24 PM
Review by Can we create a helpful BC ? :) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I went on birth control for the first time in my life, I was experiencing bad acne and cramps almost 15 days before my period starts. My only fear was the weight gain , but I decided to give it a shot and try to control my PMS . I was on Junel Fe 1/20 for almost 5 months, did not get my period for the first three months and I only had spotting for 2 weeks every month, my acnes got to it's worse level and I experienced some huge acnes on my back too. After being on Junel for 5 months I noticed that I gained 10lb and it was a time when I decided to call my doctor to put me on something else. I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and so far it has been a good pill but with major headaches. I hate Junel Fe 1/20 since it gifted me 10lb in 5 months.

November 10, 2013 12:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Did not get pregnant so it did its job but other than that my body does not like this pill. Maintained normal weight during use, in fact lost weight. Broke out with painful zits occasionally. Extremely moody. Mood swings were the worst I have ever experienced on any birth control I have ever taken. Started fights out of nowhere with boyfriend and almost ended our relationship. Took 4 months for me to realize that this was the cause so I am switching back to Lutera.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 26, 2013 10:39 AM
Review by lilsweetheart18 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): I was taking this for about a year. At first it was really good, no side effects except headaches that went away after about a month. My periods were very light only lasting about 3 days and hardly any cramping. Another plus was while I was on it, I had hardly any acne whatsoever. After a couple of months I realized I was gaining weight. I used to be 112-114lbs and now I was 124-126lbs. I went to a size 9 when I was a size 5. I stopped taking them and now I'm back down to 110-112lbs, and size 5 again. I would recommend it, worked good with me, but I'm not going back on them because I'm not going to gain that weight back!

September 10, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by Kale: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I had been very hesitant to begin taking birth control pills for fear of gaining weight. As a 20 year old female I am very conscious of maintaining my weight and was unsure about how this would affect me. I got a prescription for the 21 day Junel birth control pill at my yearly physical with my doctor about two months ago. Since then my mild acne breakouts have cleared up, I haven't gained any weight, my periods are extremely light and tolerable, and I really have had no negative side effects. It took me a few weeks to get used to the pill and my skin broke out a little at first but now I seem to be on the other side. My experience was very positive with this medication.

July 30, 2013 10:55 AM
Review by naidaf1 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Just started Junel Fe 1/20 after being without anything for 2 yrs and the only side effect I get with this brand is ACNE. I was always pretty clear skinned until these. It's been 3 months and I can't get my skin to clear up. I also wish they had the last week of reminder pills. I tend to forget to take them and I think it would help a lot. I'm going to give it another month and if I still can't get it to regulate then I'm switching.

July 23, 2013 3:50 PM
Review by Gkeli (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had fibroids & ovarian cysts and the doctor said the only way to prevent painful periods was to go on the pill I was horrified. I had been on the pill for 10 yrs previously and 3 years clean. In those 3 years I finally felt free. Junel seemed okay at first, no side effects. But now I am on my 10th month and slowly figuring out that maybe this has to do with my 10lb weight gain since I started taking it. I cry easily and am way sensitive. Not sure if its the pill or weight gain but I have absolutely no sex drive.

June 25, 2013 11:55 PM
Review by Playing it Safe (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started Junel Fe in the summer of 2011 after being on Tri Lo Sprintec in 2010 and breaking out in severe hives the size of my fist. My doctor wanted to give me something that was low in estrogen. I was on Junel from august of 2011 until April of 2013. During this time my periods were regular down to the day of the week that I got them. However, my mood swings were TERRIBLE in the beginning. I mean bipolar jubilant to depressed in minutes. But that ended and it was perfect. I still had PMS and mild cramps but nothing insane like the beginning. The reason I changed was because they said Junel was not being made any more and my pharmacy gave me Gildess instead. All in all, regular periods and no pregnancy gets an A.

May 16, 2013 8:22 AM
Review by garden mom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Endometriosis: I have been suffering from endometriosis for 3 years. A low estrogen pill with iron "reminder" pills has been the only thing to help my severe cramps and bleeding. My periods are lighter but unfortunately not shorter. I'm willing to overlook that because I don't get nausea or headaches as much.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 9, 2013 12:30 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: In February I started Junel. It's been very good with almost everything, but it hasn't helped with my cramping. I have regular periods that aren't heavy or light, they're just sort of painful. I haven't had any breakouts, major weight gain, or bad nausea. As for spotting, it only happened for a few weeks during my first month on Junel. My breasts also grew about a cup size.

July 31, 2012 7:38 PM
Review by darkskinbeauty (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: I'm very happy with this medicine for a few reasons, the first one being that I have not gotten pregnant, the second because I've been on other birth controls that gave me very bad side effects some of which forced me to go to the hospital. Last but not least and definitely not least, it kind of slowed my metabolism down a little and I'm extremely happy with that because I'm very skinny and it was hard for me to put on weight before this medicine but now I'm putting on weight very slowly. I have been taking it for 2 months now and I'm sticking with it.

June 21, 2012 12:43 PM
Review by Gabrielle<3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Around December of 2011, my OBGYN prescribed Junel to me. Honestly, it's been great. My periods are lighter than they've ever been before. Previously, my cramps when I got my period were absolutely horrible. Now, I can only tell my period's coming when I'm on the fourth row of pills. Being regular is a huge plus. Also, me and my fiance have not found ourselves in any trouble while using it. As much as a couple may find themselves having sex, we have never once had to face the consequences. These have been great to me, and my relationship!

June 20, 2012 9:50 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: Great for hot flashes; however, experience lower abdominal pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 17, 2012 6:55 AM
Review by m=mcvagina: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Junel cleared up my acne but took away my sex drive. I'm glad because finally I can focus on other things far more important. Super happy with this product!

April 17, 2012 5:00 AM
Review by kelsielh: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): I didn't like being on this birth control. I was on it for about 2 months when I started to have seriously bad acne breakouts. I always would a few pimples before my period, but these breakouts were terrible, and they would last forever. I also started to break out on my chest. Something else I noticed was weight gain. I am an avid runner and when I started Junel I gained about 6 pounds and felt consistently bloated... which is very abnormal for me. As far as protecting against pregnancy goes it definitely did its job and I haven't noticed any significant changes in my mood one way or the other. I have cramping on the first day of my period but it isn't too bad and my period lasted about 4-5 days.

April 16, 2012 11:56 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone) for Birth Control: Junel Fe has caused me to be come EXTREMELY emotional and I have gained at least 10 pounds in my stomach area. I feel embarrassed because I am usually a small petite girl. I'm definitely going to call my pharmacist to ask.

April 15, 2012 9:24 PM