Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Menstrual Disorders 0 reviews 72 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 151 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 66 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control: I used the pill for 1 month and 9 days. I did not get my period the first month. But had cramps for weeks, which was the reason for beginning this pill in the first place. I gained 10 pounds, then lost it the week I was off, then gained it back again after the first 7 days of the 2nd pack. I had no interest in doing anything. I would be angry or I would cry. I cried everyday, for no reason. When I would cry hysterically for hours at a time is when I threw them in the garbage. I know they say it takes 3 months to get regulated, it is just not worth it. I would rather feel happy, then hinder cramp pain which only lasted a few days anyways.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 10:17 PM

Review by Ashley299:

For Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for about 5 months and I have no major complaints. I was on Lo Loestrin FE for 6 months prior but unfortunately had to switch because it was too expensive. The only thing I've noticed is that I get very emotional over tiny things unlike when I was on Lo Loestrin. My period is extremely regular. (Always comes on the first day of the placebo pill week, very light and only for about 3-4 days.) Also cleared up my skin big time and no weight gain at all. (I've actually lost 7 pounds since being on BC and have had very little change in my eating patterns and physical activity.) Would've given it a 10 if it weren't for the mood swings.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2015 10:18 AM

Review by Ramonja:

For Birth Control: My daughter suffered with a heavy flow and debilitating cramps. It felt powerless not to be able to help her. I took her to a Gyn doc and she was placed on this medication. After 2 months she was so much better. By the 3rd mth she had a allergic reaction and broke out in hives all over her arms that were itchy red circular spots. Her face broke out as well. I hope the next birth control pill works for her cramps as well as the rest of her. But for now this is not it..signed sad mom.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 7:28 PM

Review by mkaylynn (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: After having to be taken away in an ambulance from work I spent 5 hours in the ER due to all of the side effects from the pill. My friend who's a medic thought I was having some kind of seizure. I've had 3 friends tell me they've had terrible experiences on this pill. I'm definitely switching.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2015 8:17 PM

Review by Tayrose:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Junel for two years. I've never had acne and only gained a few pounds. My breasts got a size bigger as well. My period went from awful heavy and cramping for eight days at a time, to light and easy cramps for four days. It has also prevented pregnancy like it is supposed to. My obgyn even said this is the first birth control she goes to when reccomending a type to women. I love this birth control and would reccomend it to anyone.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2015 12:27 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: First month was terrible. Couldn't stop crying and I broke out terribly, which was very upsetting considering the only reason I went on birth control in the first place was because of my acne. 3rd month everything completely turned around- my acne got noticeably better. Being on it for 5 months now I notice that around my period and the week before my skin is flawless.. but the first two weeks of starting the new packet I seem to breakout. Maybe the hormones are too high. In terms of my period it's extremely light and I get no PMSing at all anymore, while before sometimes I couldn't go to school it was so bad.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 4:38 PM

Review by hauntedbagels:

For Birth Control: I began Junel FE 1/20 five days ago and I'll update this after a couple months of having been on this pill. I'm using it for birth control as well as period regulation. I got my period on a Saturday and began taking it the day after. My period was extremely heavy for the first day because I'd taken Plan B earlier in the month but immediately after beginning the birth control my period was actually lighter than usual. I've never had great skin, and I've noticed some increased acne since starting the pill, as well as some depression. I'm going to give my body some time to let my hormone levels balance before I really judge this pill, but those are the effects I've seen immediately after beginning it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 8:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on my period for well over a month after just forgetting one pill. I also have all of the horrible side effects including cramps, bloating, and breast tenderness.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Review by not specified:

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 10 months & I LOVE it ! I originally got on it for birth control & it did the job. I haven't gotten pregnant after never using protection or any other contraception . I still get my normal 3 day period but a few months I had spotting or a longer period. overall, I love ❤ it and will continue to use it until I'm ready for another child.

February 20, 2015 8:53 PM

Review by KLT110592:

For Birth Control: I'm in the middle of my fourth month on the pill, and during this month I feel much better! I had some weight gain at first, but that's okay now. My face is having a lot more issues with acne so that sucks. The worst thing was during the first three months I had spotting for two weeks then would be off for a week and would spot again for two week. It was light, but constant and annoying!! I kept telling myself I was going to change and make an appointment asap but hesitated because I wanted to wait it out and give it more of a chance. I reccomend people to do that with this pill because it's all evening out right, it just took time.

February 16, 2015 11:21 AM

Review by Lhocking (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been in this for 3 weeks. I had nausea in the beginning but then took it in the evening and much better. I had very dry skin issues and all has cleared up. So far I have no issues with it.

February 5, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Anonomus (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I love Junel Fe. Been on it for a year a half the only side effect is I usually get migraines around my period. But I also have had migraines prior to beginning the pill. Periods are easily predictable and little lighter than they were before (4 days long). Cramps are the same for me, no weight gain, no difference in moodiness, and actually helped stop breast tenderness for me. Love the iron pills as the placebos. And best of all it's free.

February 4, 2015 3:39 PM

Review by Eve5153:

Never have been on birth control and started this pill a week ago. Doctor told me to start right away so I took the first row and started on a Thursday. I was also on my last day of my period. 6 days later I started spotting and I've been somewhat on my period since then. Also. my mood swings are like a rollercoaster. Is this normal for birth control because my body is adjusting?

January 31, 2015 2:30 PM

Review by Anonymous146 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on Junel for 10 months now and have no complaints. I had very mild nausea and mood swings for the first 2 months but have not experienced these since. My moderate acne has completely cleared up thanks to this pill. My only complaint is that my pack is 21 days with no placebo pills. I wish I had the placebo pills for consistency. Also, I did not gain weight but I regularly make healthy lifestyle choices and am active.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 12:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I switched to this medicine (from Camrese) mainly suffering from a very decreased sex drive and heavy periods, with very dismal mood swings. This medicine fixed all of that (yay!). Additionally, periods are very light, lasting about 2 days. I have not had any additional problems with weight, acne, etc. I would highly recommend giving this a shot if you are having problems with other, heavier dose meds!

January 5, 2015 6:46 PM

Review by small_cats (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have taken Junel Fe 1/20 for two months primarily as a method of birth control. So far, I have had a few episodes of mild nausea, and one more serious episode where the nausea was nearly immobilizing and accompanied with harsh pelvic pain and spotting. I have had some mood swings and low feelings -- though I experienced this prior in the form of PMS, too. My breasts seem slightly larger, though I have not gained weight otherwise. Prior to taking Junel Fe 1/20, I had very occasional breakouts, which I am still experiencing. I experienced spotting and light bleeding on the active pills -- which will hopefully subside as the hormones regulate.

January 2, 2015 4:31 PM

Review by carolinafan1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I experienced a lot of weight gain, but the worst side effect has been dry skin on my face and I have never had skin problems. I have also experienced some headaches but I am going to actually take the brown pill this month. I have a missed period one month and then the next month I get my period 2 times in one cycle. But it's working the best out of all the birth controls that I have used. (I use birth control for hormone headaches)

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 9:36 PM

Review by Kerryk.:

For Birth Control: I recently switched to this birth control and have nothing bad to say about it. I used to have cramps, bad acne, mood swings and back pain. My mood swings, cramps and acne went away! My period used to be 7 days and very heavy. It's 5 days and light! I couldn't be happier!

December 29, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Rachel 111111:

For Birth Control: I gained a little weight at first but my body adjusted about 2 months in. These are great because the "placebo" pills have IRON in them. I am on birth control strictly to keep from passing out each month. My period was causing me to lose too much blood and causing anemia so the iron is a must. If you take this birth control be sure to take the brown pills instead of skipping them like so many people do.

December 19, 2014 10:54 AM

Review by Team Reed:

For Birth Control: I had a myometomy over 7 years ago. I had a relief of not experiencing abdominal pain, heavy bleeding, blood clots and cramping when having my menstrual cycle. Fast forward 7 years later- I have those same symptoms---abdominal pain, heavy bleeding, blood clots and cramping. I KNEW my fibroids grew back! After extensive testing (ultrasound) it was confirmed by my doctor. She said the fibroid was on the OUTSIDE of my uterine wall and not on the inside. She gave me options- surgery or birth control. I chose birth control and she put me on Junel 1/20. So far, very little cramping and NO BLOOD CLOTS and ABDOMINAL PAIN. Mind you, I still take ibuprofen but, I'm more physically outgoing and not bed ridden or curled up into a ball.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 6:44 AM

Review by makashaka45785666:

For Birth Control: Been on Junel FE for about 8 years now. Never really had any problems with it, except that once I gained some weight its a lot harder to lose while on the pill. I didn't have any negative side effects, except a lower libido which has never really bothered me. But for the last couple months my periods have been way out of whack. Last month I had 3 periods, this month I missed my scheduled period...not really sure what's going on here but I haven't missed taking any pills. I'm thinking about going off the pill now which is what brought me here, but I'm worried that it will make me gain weight and get acne again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by Boston, 29:

For Birth Control: I have been on a variety of birth control pills for 15 years now, and Junel is by far the worst medication I have ever experienced. Immediately I experienced severe mood swings and depression. I stayed on Junel for 2 months, but nothing ever improved. 3 years later, a new doctor accidentally prescribed Junel to me, and I decided to try it again. Again, immediate mood swings, depression, etc.

October 29, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Junel FE 1/20 for three months now after switching from Lo Loestrin FE (too expensive!) I experienced slight weight gain (about 5 lbs) and slight moodiness/breast tenderness at first but those symptoms went away. Now, out of the blue, I'm having my second period in a month after being pretty regular and my chronic post nasal drip has gotten a lot worse. I'm going to stick it out for a few more months but might ask my doctor for another recommendation if these new issues don't resolve.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Larrablabla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm moving through my second month of these pills after having tried Depo-Provera, which I hated, no sex drive, extremely mental... Seasonique, which cause teenage-like acne, wacky spotting... I like Junel Fe so far, I didn't know the brown pills are iron, thinking they were just sugar I didn't take them and suffered low iron headaches, this month I'll take them. My period was quick and light, minimal cramping, not even bad enough to take pain killers. I do have a metallic taste in my mouth that started recently. I hope that goes away.

October 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've started taking this pill about a month ago and only complaint I have is I broke out along my chin and jawline. It's beginning to clear up and I heard that it takes 1 or 2 packs for the acne to balance out. So far I love this pill!

August 31, 2014 9:30 AM