User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 3 reviews 97 medications

5.1
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 125 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I started this pill in November and began getting horrible canker sores. I had always been prone to them, getting up to fifteen at a time, but this hadn't happened in years. I dealt with the severe pain, along with mood swings, depression, and anxiety for a few months. I stopped taking it after two months, and almost immediately felt better. My mouth healed and my depression subsided. I believe the canker sores are linked to hormones (I still get them around my period since discontinuing my use of junel Fe). If you're sensitive to hormones, I suggest you stay away"

Canker sores February 2, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I started this pill in February. Prior to that (not on any bc) I had really painful cramps during my periods and I was just sick of dealing with it. My plan was to take this and skip the sugar pills. On Junel I've had my period for 40 out of the 92 days I've taken it. Granted, I barely have cramps but this is the pits. I'm calling my doctor and maybe switching to the Depo shot or something. I'd read other reviews on here and wanted to give it time but it hasn't worked itself out. I'm good at taking it at the same time every day (and as I said, I skip the brown pills). On the other hand I've not had any mood swings on Junel. But that was never a problem for me anyway. I did have some daily nausea on the first pack. No effect on my acne."

LauraOhio (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrific. After missing my period for three months the side effects began to kick in and it was more than I expected. It sent me to the hospital with Dysmenorrhea which is horrible cramps but my cramps felt like contractions. It caused me so much pain I would break out into tears. This followed with bloating, a yeast infection, and a two week long period. Horrible and it was my first time using birth control. I immediately got off."

DeLaS January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I think this pill is amazing. I went on it because I wanted something with lower estrogen that still prevented pregnancy, but less hormones (mood swings, breaking out, nausea) was horrid. I was on Sprintec for 3 years. With Junel Fe, I have maintained weight and have not seen a significant change in my body physiologically. Not pregnant... The only "con" is that it's so low estrogen that I have not had a period in about a year....which may seem great, but not really knowing if you ever "skip a period" to indiciate if you're pregnant."

Brittany1111 January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I tried Junel after trying a few other bc pills. I had a bad reaction to Apri 28. It killed my sex drive and made me crazy. I stopped taking bc for 3 months after being on it for years. I finally felt like myself again. I went back to my GYN for advice since my husband and I don't want kids. She recommended a low hormone pill. I tried it for a month. My sex drive tanked from almost day 1. The headaches started around week 2. The depression came around week 3. I didn't know the person that I had turned into. Crying at the drop of a hat. No motivation to get up, go out with my husband or friends, to go to the gym. Stopped taking it a month ago. I still don't feel like myself. If your body is sensitive to hormones STAY AWAY!!!"

Jenn Sim January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched to this pill after my insurance changed and I could no longer afford Lo Loestrin. It was terrible. Luckily I've previously realized the terrible mood change that some birth control pills cause for me, so when I started getting anxiety and depression after starting this one I knew I needed to quickly give it the boot. I was feeling lethargic, super high anxiety and bouts of depression. I changed over to LoMedia 24 Fe and have felt much better ever since."

oihjasdfl January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for about a month, and it's been a mix of good and bad for me. The good: - no babies - cleared up my acne - bigger fuller breasts :3 - I've had IBS my entire life, and this has nearly completely done away with my symptoms. Bizarre but appreciated. - I struggle with depressive feelings, and there were two days while on this medication that I genuinely felt really good. It was better than being on an SRI. Not a big deal for some, but this was huge to me. The bad: - overall increased depression and anxiety. I have a pretty bad case of social anxiety as it is, but on this medication I worry constantly. - decreased libido. This might be due to my mood. I'm looking into switching to something else."

Mutemute (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I have only been on this particular pill for one week now, so I cannot speak on the long-term effects of it. However, my short-term experience has been rather pleasant compared to that of other pills. I have tried a couple of different pills (Sprintec, Viorele) that the side effects (nausea/vomiting and mood swings) were unbearable. At this point, my Dr. has put me on Junel Fe, which has been surprisingly a decent experience. At the beginning of the week I had what felt like minor period cramps but nothing unbearable, I felt very bloated after eating (which is abnormal for me), minor nausea but no vomiting, and even some urinary frequency. At the end of the week, almost all of these side effects have subsided! So far, I am happy."

lcandicern16 January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have good and bad things to say about this birth control. I got on it at age 15 to help with my period symptoms. I have recently become sexually active and it has so far prevented pregnancy. I experience light period yet are still sometimes painful. The worst thing for me has to be my breast tenderness and my nausea when I take it in the morning. I have anxiety and depression problems and I'm trying to figure out if it's because of the pill or not."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the second pill I have been on for an average of 2 years now. When I first started Junel Fe 1/20 It took me forever to regulate out and honestly I don't think I ever will. It has been a year and a half without missing or being late on a pill and I get my period twice a month. Not to mention I get breakouts with it. But also I am not pregnant. I have not gained weight, nor have I lost any."

Anonymous January 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. I have been on it for four years and I have not experienced any side effects at all. I think that the woman that experienced weight gain were just eating too much and blaming it on the pill, I actually lost from weight ( but I have been trying to by working out more) . My favorite thing about this pill is it is tiny and easy to take"

Rose Jordon December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this pill due to heavy bleeding during one menstrual cycle..my tubes are tied so this was the only reason I took the pill, it really helped alleviate the heavy bleeding however I ended up with a blood clot in my rt eye as a result of this pill. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience. I was fine before I started taking it and after just 3 months I noticed blurry vision in my rt eye. I don't have a familial history of blood clotting and no where else in my body do I have blood clots. I know this because I'm now under the care of a cardiologist, hematologist, retina specialist, all because of the clot. Don't take this especially if your family has a history of blood clots."

Dnll (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control, contrary to everyone else who's written a review. I took this pill for 2 years straight, and for me it worked wonders- I gained weight in all the right places (breasts and butt), it prevented pregnancy, and I had clearer skin. My only complaint was that after I began the pill, my period stopped completely for the entire duration that I took the pill (2 years). Overall, I had no ill side effects like nausea or head aches and it worked great for me! I would highly recommend"

Erica1234 December 28, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I took this pill for the first time in college because of abnormally heavy and frequent periods. I stayed on it for about 6 months before stopping once my cycle levelled out. During this short time taking the pill I was very anxious, nervous, and depressed. I started taking the same pill again about a year ago for the same reasons. I have noticed over the last few months that I go through spats of depression and I am always anxious. I am beginning to wonder if there is a correlation between the pill and anxiety/depression. Other than that this pill has been great for me; no weight gain, no acne, and my last period was 8 months ago. Decent pill, but planning to talk to my doctor soon to look into other options."

MusicTeacher December 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Junel Fe 1/20 for about 10 months. Honestly the worst birth control I've ever been on. Yes, it prevented pregnancy but it also made me hormonal, moody, depressed, I began to grow hair on my chin and chest, weight gain, cyst on my breast, hot flashes, and the list goes on. I would not recommend this to anyone"

Sad Newlywed November 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I began this birth control in January of 2015 (after about 10 months of being off BC). I moved so I got a new doctor who prescribed Junel Fe 1/20. I had never had an issue with BC before so I never thought this pill would put me on the downward spiral that it did. Let me state that it took me 10 months to realize this pill was to blame because I lived with my in laws while purchasing a home and planning a wedding...stress was becoming a close relative. But this pill gave me back acne, weight gain, CHIN HAIR, migraines, cyst on my breast, no sex drive at all, and mood swings so bad that suicide or divorce would cross my mind. Worst pill ever. Strongly advise against"

Sad Newlywed November 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for three years, took it exactly as directed every day, and I'm now pregnant. While I didn't gain weight or feel sick, getting pregnant while correctly taking birth control would make this a terrible choice..."

MetalRain (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for almost a month. I got my period once , but it hasn't even been a week later that I got a second period. My first period was very light and only lasted three days, but I'm not sure how this period will be."

rmock913 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I have severe dysmennorhea and I recently switched from Seasonique to Junel. This is the first time in my life that I've had a period without cramps. Honestly, if this continues I can say this pill drastically changed my quality of life."

Jennytee1993 November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "This was the second pill I've ever tried. It was horrible. It did its job and regulated my periods and prevented pregnancy. I also easily lost the weight I gained with the other pill I tried. BUT it made me feel horribly depressed and I had a numbing feeling in my arm. Fearing it was a blood clot I went straight back to the gyno and luckily it wasn't a clot but I still had to be switched immediately. These scary side effects made this drug not worth it at all."

Shayle (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the third birth control I've taken. I have been on Lo Loestrin for about 3 years then switched to Minastrin for a year then stopped. After a year off of bc I decided to go back on and was prescribed Junel Fe. I to had night sweats, spotting, migranes, lost feeling in limbs, and nausea in the morning. On top of really bad breast tenderness, depression, and my entire body was bloated. I would not advise to take."

Jam3611 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on loestrin fe, to minastrin fe, now to junel 1/20 since that's all my insurance would cover. I have been on it a week and a half. This is possibly the worst birth control ever. I have been on birth control for 5 years, and not ONCE have I ever experienced this. I am moody, anxious, depressed, exhausted, mild headaches, nauseous. I have no clue who I am on this and it's only been a week and a half. I'd hate to see long term effects. Coming off of it immediately"

JMDC November 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for a few weeks now and have had nothing but issues with it. The first few days were fine and I had very few problems As I got farther along into the pill pack I started having more side effects such as Bad cramps, light headed, I was very moody, My back was very achy, and I started to have headaches. Day 7 I started my period 3 weeks early. I figured it was spotting but I ended up having to use tampons and pads. I called my doctor and they told me to stay on it and it should get better. So that is what i did. It hasn't stopped.Ii have been on my "period' for a week now when usually it is only 3. I am very disappointed with this medicine."

Halleey November 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Junel for almost a year. Had no problems with it whatsoever. Decided to go off of it and experienced SEVERE anxiety/depression and panic attacks for a month. It has now been 4 months and I am still experiencing anxious symptoms daily. Plus I have outrageous emotional PMS before my period each month..crying spells, deprssion, etc. all of these things i had never had before."

Emily.e November 2, 2015

For Acne "My doctor prescribed Junel for acne and I immediately noticed a difference. I was so hesitant to go on a pill because but I honestly couldn't be happier, I wish I did it sooner because now I'm paying to correct acne scaring."

Suzannebee November 1, 2015