User Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Menstrual Disorders 0 reviews 72 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 43 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've started taking this pill about a month ago and only complaint I have is I broke out along my chin and jawline. It's beginning to clear up and I heard that it takes 1 or 2 packs for the acne to balance out. So far I love this pill!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by Emilyyyanne:

For Birth Control: I started taking Junel Fe after taking Sprintec for three months, and at first I liked it. It is effective for birth control, but I had the worst side effects. It made my face breakout, I gained some weight, and it made me so moody and depressed. Going on month five I spent a lot of time sleeping and spending time alone because of the pill.

August 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by NYC25 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I felt compelled to review this medication because of how scared I was when reading such scary recipes and side effects. I had tried taking Yasmin which made me gain weight, become increasingly moody and depressed and eventually stopped taking that. When it was time to start up again I was so nervous with Junel but I have nothing but good things to say. No weight gain, no acne, no moodiness, I have a very light, scheduled period, and it does what it's supposed to - prevents pregnancy. I've been on it about 2.5 years now. Love love it.

July 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Review by OpposedSarah:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I really liked this birth control. I only experienced light acne about a week before my period, no cramps, stomach pain, or any other period symptoms. My period always came the day I started the brown iron pills. They were so light most of the time I never even used a pad or anything. I haven't used a tampon since I went on the medicine. I ended up going on Yaz because my mom thinks I should have a heavier period and that it's not healthy even though my cycle is regular. Overall this pill is great.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 10:21 AM

Review by Isebelle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started this as my first ever birth control pill. My doctor prescribed it to me because I had crippling cramps and nausea. The first month my cramps were completly gone and it was amazing, 3 months later they are exactly the same as before I started the pill. I get my period twice a month now. I've been getting chronic headaches, repressed appetites, spotting, and cramps. The pill has improved my acne and made me gain a little weight (which I don't mind because I'm on a weight gaining diet) but otherwise this isn't the medication for me. I totally need a stronger medication.

July 3, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by unsatisfied221:

For Birth Control: I was taking this birth control for a little less than three years. I started when I was 15 for Polycystic ovarian syndrome. When I first started taking it I was EXTREMELY moody, it was as if all hell broke lose. After a few months my period became lighter and I had less cramps. This year was the worst: extreme depression, moodiness, severe cramps, long periods, Etc. The biggest issue I had was EXTREME weight gain (not at all in the right places) I had to get off it. I went from being 118 pounds to 154. Terrible experience. The only pro was that it cleared my acne. Finally switched so we will see how my new one works out.

June 28, 2014 12:45 AM

Review by momma3ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Month 1 ok. Nothing that noticeable Month 2 extremely tired al the time. No patience, over emotional, beyond ragey. Full period on second week on the pack. Dry flaky patch on my usually non acne face. Headaches, some abdominal cramps. Want to give it a chance but the tiredness I can't deal with ...the side effects of feeling depressed.

June 26, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by Em1986:

For Birth Control: Let's start with the good - this medication prevented pregnancy, so I guess it is effective. However, the side effects for me were crazy. I have been on Junel for several months now and have experienced the following side effects: dry skin on my face, bleeding of the gums, spotting, and crazy moodiness. I tried to give it time but the side effects continued. I am switching to another pill. I have been on other brands in the past and have never had side effects.

June 21, 2014 7:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I am only on the begining of week two, however I've never had a lower sex drive in my life. I've also never been more nauseous in my life. I throw up nightly. Took a pregnancy test and I'm not pregnant. Unless it gets better after this packet of pills I'll be calling my pharmacist to switch to a different type of birth control.

June 5, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by juliazzz:

For Birth Control: I've been on Junel Fe for 6 months. Since being on it, my periods don't last as long and are usually really light, I don't have severe cramping or severe nausea, haven't really spotted. The only bad thing in my experience is that I've gained 30 pounds in four months while taking this and so far no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to lose any of that extra weight. Believe me, I am making a huge effort to lose this weight. This medication is the only difference in my life that can account for the weight gain, unless I have some illness or medical problem that I am unaware of (I am only twenty years old with no medical history of any diseases in my family). Also, I have taken pregnancy tests and I am not pregnant.

April 30, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Sarah4450:

For Birth Control: I love this birth control. I switched from Lo loestrin FE because I would get two periods on that (one in week 2 of active pills and one during the placebos) and my doctor said I needed to up my estrogen dose. I was so nervous to start this because of various negative reviews, but I'm almost finished with my first pack and I've had no horrible side effects at all. The first week there was mild bloating and I've had breast tenderness (more than usual) but other than that it's regulated my bleeding and I've gotten no other side effects! Give this pill a chance!

April 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by Heather0709:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: No menstrual at all. No cramps or bloating. Works really well for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 2:05 AM

Review by MEGANNNNN:

For Birth Control: I switched from Loestrin to Junel one month ago, I'm currently in my placebo time. I'm sad Loestrin is no more. This medicine has made me moody, severe breast tenderness, and ACNE! I have never had acne as an adult. They're big and painful! However I feel like it is subsiding. Breasts are less tender. No bleeding yet, but I stopped having periods on Loestrin years ago. I'm sticking with it for now!

April 15, 2014 4:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was taking to control facial hair growth. I just finished my first pack and I've see all the negative side effects. My period was light, only needing a panty liner but I've been spotting for over two weeks now. I never had heavy periods so it's kind of annoying. I did get and am still bloated. The hair growth have not stopped, still grows at the same pace. If no change in three months, I plan to stop.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 2:36 AM

Review by Jade22:

For Acne: I used to be on Orhro Tri-cyclen until it made me an emotional basket case. I then switched to Junel Fe 1/20 and I felt completely normal again. I took a year break and two months ago I began to notice I was getting acne like a teenager again, I'm 30. Mostly hormonal, jaw and chin area. I decided to get back on it again. I've been on it for almost 2 months and my acne cleared up. 2 weeks into it I noticed bloating, and breast swelling. I also noticed I went up 3lbs. However all that went away my 2nd month in. I'm back to my normal weight, no more swelling in the stomach area, although my breasts are fuller than usual. These were my only symptoms. If this happens to you give it 2 months at least for your body to get adjusted.

April 14, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by allierocks:

For Birth Control: So, I'm on month two of my pack and my acne, which wasn't bad before I started taking the Pill, is out of control. I do tend to feel bloated more than usual, but my appetite is about the same. I do, however, feel as though I am gaining a bit of weight.

April 7, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by Average woman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am currently half way through my 3rd month. I was on the NuvaRing which made my skin immaculate, but because it caused low libido I stopped. After 4 months being off of the ring, I started getting acne again. I finally decided to try birth control again to help with my skin issues and my doctor recommended Junel. My skin has gotten way worse than it ever was. I am getting acne on my back and neck as well.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by rubysprks:

For Birth Control: I switched from Beyaz to Junel mainly because I wanted to clear up my skin. It was a very spur of the moment thing and my doc gyno didn't really treadle in the pros and cons. So, I'm on the new pack...I finish the new pack (28 days no placebo) and, nothing. Well, barely. My period is SO light (2-3 days tops) from what it used to be. (4-9 days heavy, heavy flow) I was throttled at first because yes, I was sexually active at the time and the scantiness of the flow really freaked me out. My acne did clear up. I still get my period every month no matter how miniscule it is. I could talk about Junel all day but...they don't give me enough words.

March 12, 2014 7:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Went from getting the most awful, paralyzing cramps and heavy periods (one super plus for every 2 hours) to no cramps at all, and an almost non-existant period (2-3 light tampons per DAY). Cleared up my acne, and regulated my hormones so I no longer have mood swings or PMS, and have never once been nauseated.

February 6, 2014 9:16 PM

Review by Smv (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My doctor switched me to this, I was on Ocella before this. So far, I've been on this stuff for just about a month. No acne or weight gain. However, I have been having the WORST mood swings I have ever had in my life. I feel like a crazy person. I am definitely calling my doctor after Christmas to switch back to Ocella.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2013 8:16 AM

Review by First birth control (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I just finished my first pack and this is my first experience with the pill in general. The first week I was really bloated, and I freaked out! I also had an increased appetite that I tried my best not to give in to. After about 14 days, the bloating went away and my appetite was back to normal. I got my period on time, and it has been really light! I usually bleed so much and of that I would have to wear two pads and I would change it every 2-3 hours. My face has cleared up and my back acne is also started to clear up. Am having a great experience so far and hopefully it continues this way! Anyone who takes this, do not be discouraged if the first week it not perfect. Finish the pack first, and see what the results are.

December 11, 2013 10:31 PM

Review by ESN29791:

For Birth Control: This pill had its pros and cons, but mostly cons as I just switched from it. Pros- very very light period (basically nonexistant), no mood swings, no weight gain Cons- more severe cramps than I have ever experienced in my life, terrible side effects of puberty (my face was out of control and I was really sweaty), heat flashes, craving sweets like crazy

November 18, 2013 4:24 PM

Review by Can we create a helpful BC ? :) (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I went on birth control for the first time in my life, I was experiencing bad acne and cramps almost 15 days before my period starts. My only fear was the weight gain , but I decided to give it a shot and try to control my PMS . I was on Junel Fe 1/20 for almost 5 months, did not get my period for the first three months and I only had spotting for 2 weeks every month, my acnes got to it's worse level and I experienced some huge acnes on my back too. After being on Junel for 5 months I noticed that I gained 10lb and it was a time when I decided to call my doctor to put me on something else. I am on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and so far it has been a good pill but with major headaches. I hate Junel Fe 1/20 since it gifted me 10lb in 5 months.

November 10, 2013 12:31 AM

For Birth Control: Did not get pregnant so it did its job but other than that my body does not like this pill. Maintained normal weight during use, in fact lost weight. Broke out with painful zits occasionally. Extremely moody. Mood swings were the worst I have ever experienced on any birth control I have ever taken. Started fights out of nowhere with boyfriend and almost ended our relationship. Took 4 months for me to realize that this was the cause so I am switching back to Lutera.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2013 10:39 AM

Review by lilsweetheart18 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was taking this for about a year. At first it was really good, no side effects except headaches that went away after about a month. My periods were very light only lasting about 3 days and hardly any cramping. Another plus was while I was on it, I had hardly any acne whatsoever. After a couple of months I realized I was gaining weight. I used to be 112-114lbs and now I was 124-126lbs. I went to a size 9 when I was a size 5. I stopped taking them and now I'm back down to 110-112lbs, and size 5 again. I would recommend it, worked good with me, but I'm not going back on them because I'm not going to gain that weight back!

September 10, 2013 5:43 PM