User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

4.8
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 136 medications

Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 152 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "Everyone is different, but I have LOVED this! I haven't experienced any side effects, except now when I start to get my period, my breasts hurt a little bit it goes away once I start. My period has lightened, my acne has cleared up, and I haven't gotten pregnant, so, I recommend this!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Junel fe 1/20 for about 3 months now and take mine at night before bed. first month I was slightly more moody, just in general( maybe still more edgy) . I really didn't like taking bc pills in the past, all the side effects didn't sit well with me but, I decided it was time to start taking them again so there's no worries. It's a pretty mild pill no major side effects for me. A few things happened for me. my first period on it was more brown than red blood but since then it's been okay. My sex drive before was at an all time high now that I've been on these pills for 3 months it has definitely decreased some. Other than that everything has been good. I think if you can make it through the first month of a new pill you'll be good."

Chrissy 9118 April 21, 2016

For Birth Control "It does the job but nasty, just nasty side effects. Made me soo sick to my stomach even when taken with food."

Kerry B. (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "So far so good. I've been on Junel for 6 months and it's been great! It has prevented pregnancy, and made me finally get my period 17 and never had a period so my dr. put me on Junel). I now get my period regularly. only negative is I have pretty bad mood swings, which I had before I was put on birth control, but now they're worse. I think it does a really good job other than that."

kel1998 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Continued: I experienced some breast tenderness and slight breast growth (I ain't complaining about that) I'm currently in my second pack and experiencing no side effects at all! I am very happy with this medication and impressed with how well it worked out for me despite all the negative reviews. Don't let the reviews frighten you, everyone's BODY'S are different so try it out for yourself!! :) good luck"

Your friendly friendddd April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "DO NOT GET SCARED BY THE REVIEWS!!!! my best advice is EVERYBODY is different. I read the reviews on this medication and got so scared and called my doctor and begged to switch before starting it. She told me to start and if anything goes wrong we can just switch it. My experience: First pack: I did have some slight nausea within the first week, it wasn't too bad J was still able to get through my days of going to school and work. Second week: light break through bleeding, nothing traumatic. Got my period during placebo week as planned no harsh symptoms, I am used to my period being very heavy lasting a whole week with terrible cramps and acne. I experienced none of that!! A plus, I had slight acne and this medicine cleared it right up."

Your friendly friend April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "After two years of uncontrolled bleeding on all different types of birth control this one is the only one thy ever worked and has been ever since! Everyone is different you just need to find the birth Control that works best for you !"

Jess russ (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Do NOT take this pill. It gave me blood clots when I switched to it from another brand. I had hundreds of blood clots scattered through out my brain and I was days away from dying. It controlled my symptoms (heavy flow, severe cramps), but NOT worth the side effects. Tell everyone you know never to take this pill!"

Brittyboo April 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I started on this 2 months after asking my Dr to prescribe bcp. I had the pills but was too nervous to take them bc being of Caribbean descent I am not used to taking all kinds of chemical based medication I am so used to healthy diet and such but birth control is birth control I needed something. So I took Junel Fe and at first I thought it was great. I felt more calm than normal, more organized. More relaxed. that turned into outright fatigue and tiredness after the 3rd day on it I was sleeping all the time. Then 5 days into it I developed a terrible yeast infection type rash on my inner thighs. That was the final straw. It was disgusting. I had an itchy rash and couldn't stay awake. I stopped after a week and a half. Not for me."

Tropicanachica (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Didn't like this pill at all!! Made my anxiety and depression increase a lot. I was sad and emotional all the time. Only on it for 1 month and I couldn't take it any longer so my doctor recommended i switch. Thank god I did!"

Anonymous7 April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking Junel for about a month now and I've experienced very sore breasts, stomach pains, and an increase in anxiety and depression. If you already have anxiety or depression I don't recommend this pill"

Anonymous March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I would not recommend this pill to anyone. For the last 2 years it has done it's job of regulating my periods and preventing pregnancy, but the side effects are not worth it. Shortly after starting Junel I developed stomach problems to the point where I was on medicine for Acid Reflux and IBS-C. Then a couple weeks ago I was woken in the middle of the night with severe stomach pain and couldn't even get out of bed and walk. The pain actually brought me to tears. Being fed up with these continuous problems I stopped taking the pill after my pack ended. I've been off of it for two weeks and now my body feels like a weight has been lifted and my stomach problems have disappeared. Wish I had stopped taking a long time ago."

syd1234 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2016

For Birth Control "In just two weeks of taking this medication, my anxiety and depression became almost unbearable, I gained ten pounds, and I would cry at the drop of a hat. This medicine is the worst medicine experience I have ever had. Probably going to get an IUD."

reesespiecez March 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for a month and I can't stand it. I was on Loestrin for 4 years and switched to Minastrin (same thing) and my breasts were insanely sore to a point I couldn't wear a bra. My insurance also stopped covering so I switched. Noticed an IMMEDIATE difference in my attitude. Also my sex drive is completely gone. It's impossible for me to self lubricate. Absolutely impossible. They thought I should give it more time to get my body used to it but sex is so painful and unsatisfying I can't even deal with it. Never had this issue before Junel."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "After having a scary experience with the mirena, I decided to be put on the pill. I took this birth control for 2 1/2 weeks & I was either extremely nauseous or vomiting everyday that I had taken it. I quit taking it about 2 days ago and have felt fine since."

karileann (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This medicine is horrible for me. The first time I took it, I felt it 20 minutes after. I had random spot pains all over my body, insomnia, throwing up, dizziness, my limbs went numb, and my already diagnosed anxiety and depression got 10x worse. I could not rest, it felt like my body was going 100 mph. I had horrible mood swings and it affected my relationship even though he understood. I felt very angry and hostile I cried over almost anything with terrible migraines and canker sores. I also got blood clots. I am 95 pounds. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Hate this (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I initially hated this medication because it made me bloated and constipated due to all the iron. I'm very health conscious so it was a bit unnerving to suddenly gain 5 pounds (I generally stay the same weight). But once I started my fourth pill pack, it seems like a lot of the side effects subsided. I also haven't had any periods, which I'm totally fine with. Other positive side effects: Am not pregnant. My hair is thicker (I had a very stressful year that made my hair fall out). Skin is better, though I've never really had acne. My advice if taking this pill is to drink plenty of water, watch your salt intake, and be patient."

K4ty March 4, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "This pill has been awful. I took it for two months and decided to stop because it made me feel terrible. I originally started taking it for really bad PMS symptoms and birth control, and it was covered by my insurance. During first month, I had DEBILITATING anxiety. Some days it was so bad I had to skip class some days. I also was incredibly paranoid, especially with my boyfriend. I nearly destroyed our relationship, but luckily he's incredibly understanding so everything is fine. I did have some issues with depression previously, but it wasn't this bad before the pill and it's much better now that I'm off of it. Regardless, I'm done with the pill overall. I'm going to the fertility awareness method and natural PMS remedies."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for almost a year. I can't tell you how effective it is at preventing pregnancy, as my boyfriend and I always use other methods of protection as well. HOWEVER, my emotions are ridiculous sometimes. They happen in waves and I feel depressed, emotional, etc. I cry over such little things now. Anyway, I have also had three yeast infections AND get my period twice a month with more pain than before."

Kenderella February 27, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on Junel for over three months now, and I've noticed a huge change in my mood. I snap at the smallest things, have no remorse towards how I act, and then bawl my eyes out the next moment. It's to the point now I have called my dr and told them I don't want to take it anymore, but they said I have to finish this month. I'm dreading this month of what may come. I already suffer from depression and this is just making it much worse."

OverThisBirthControl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

For Acne "I started taking Lo Loestrin 1 year ago this March because j was getting married in June, plus my periods were horrible. I had a little bit of acne but that soon cleared up and my skin was flawless. I didn't have a period for about five months and then I started having breakthrough bleeding every two weeks lasting one week long so my doc changed me over to Junel. I didn't use to be so emotional, but now I cry for no reason. Also, my stomach feels bloated and I have a bad case of acne on my upper back :( What do you guys think I should do: go back to lo loestrin or stay on Junel and just get something to clear up acne? HELP!!! :("

Anonymous03123 February 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this medication for 3 months now, so my body is used to it. The only problem I experienced in the first month was breakthrough bleeding or spotting around the 2nd to 3rd week of the pills. My physician told me this might occur if I didn't wait until my next period to start it (which I didn't). Other than that I have no experienced any other symptoms. The pills have made my period a lot lighter and my cramps less severe. They also regulated my extremely irregular period! They haven't cause any weight gain, which seems to be a big concern for people when looking for a pill to try. I've actually been losing weight (with diet and exercise) with no added trouble due to the pill. My skin has cleared up great too!"

Hailey88 February 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Since I started this birth control I have felt off. It's the only my insurance covers now. It's fine it's job by preventing pregnancy, but the side effects aren't worth it. I'm a pretty emotional person to begin with, but since starting this, I have never wanted to cry more in my life and over the dumbest things. My anxiety has worsened, I get my period 2 times a month on this. But so far the worse has been the depression and anxiety. I am stopping it immediately."

Cortneyyyyyy February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "YOU WILL LOSE YOU HAIR!!! This pill has stopped my period and body from ovulating which you need as a woman to keep your healthy hair. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS !!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2016

For Endometriosis "This was my first pill I started on back in 2011 and stopped in 2012. This pill was great. No side effects in the beginning. Light periods. Unfortunately, I had to stop it when side effects started happening after 9 months.. Broke out in nickel sized hives and had bad insomnia."

AnonymousLady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2016