User Reviews for Junel Fe 1 / 20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2 reviews 98 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 137 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 75 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 7 years and do not have complaints. I never experienced negative side effects and did not gain any weight. Before going on this birth control my periods were irregular and had been for 6 years. I can pretty much predict the hour I will get my period each month. My periods only last 2-4 days now and are very light. The only "problem" I have had is over the past few years I have skipped a few periods (about 3 or 4 a year). I talked to my OBGYN and he said that is nothing to worry about. Overall, I think it's a great birth control."

JKR621 June 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this BC about 9 months ago. I did have abnormal periods one month I would start on the Iron pills and the next I would start a week before. I am currently PREGNANT so somewhere along the line this BC failed me big time. With abnormal periods how are you really supposed to know? I took this BC religiously every night around 11 pm."

Anonymous June 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was taking Junel Fe 1/20 for about a year and unfortunately had to switch because it wasnt covered by my insurance. The best thing it did for me personally was lighten my period. my periods would last 5 days or so but they were easy to live with because they weren't heavy like before. Also calmed my cramps. Before BC i would get cramps EVERY TIME my cycle started. With this, I only had cramps occasionally."

Jasmine90 June 8, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have severe dysmenorrhea which is painful periods. I cramp terribly to where I can barely walk. I was allergic to my last pill so I had to switch. At first Junel was great. But then I noticed I went from 164 to 174. But during that time I bled for 15 days then not at all the next month. Severe cramping. Depression. Mood swings. Migraines where I can't be around light it sound. As well as acne on my jaw line and clusters. I never get acne. Now I weigh 187. 23 pounds I gained. I'm a D1 athlete so it's not like I'm lazy. I wanted to switch but my doctors nurse practitioner said to stay on it. Best believe I'm switching ASAP."

bejumew (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm on my second month on this medication and it is absolutely terrible, I'm so hormonal and I feel depressed most of the time. My breasts are so tender it hurts to wear a bra or do anything. I would not recommend."

Sad1997 May 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for 9 months now. For the first month, I had the normal side effects of moodiness, weight gain, nausea, etc. I have not had those issues since. Overall, I've been happy with Junel. I've gotten a couple of yeast infections, but they cleared up with medication. I also struggled with breakthrough bleeding for the first several months, but that's common with any pill. What I'm concerned about currently is my acne. The pill has been helping my acne so far, but over the past couple of weeks I've been having issues (acne along the jawline, although not as bad as when I'm off the pill). I intend to monitor it for a month, but if it doesn't clear up I plan to switch."

GiGi123 May 26, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been taking Junel Fe for 1 compelte year after switching from loestrin because of the expenses. Personally it did great for me for preventing birth control. But I gain 18 pounds and always have food cravings. My breast gained 2 cup sizes and are always sore...it's hard to sleep. My emotions are all over the place I can be fine one minute then I am angry and crying my eyeballs out the next for no reason. My anxiety increased severely and I wwaaas depressed. My acne got worse and my periods were awful. Obviously this pill wasn't for me. I am finishing my pack and then starting a new one that my doc prescribed. It's the generic for Yaz which has me worried. But I will give it a try since I know my doctor would not reccomend if not safe"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for almost 3 years and it hasn't given me any problems. I get my period once a year every February and that is so awesome! I don't have a side effects.and doesn't mess with my emotions or weight. I have seen some of the reviews and all I can say is everyones body is different and adjusts to medicine differently."

mabila (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I used the pill for 1 month and 9 days. I did not get my period the first month. But had cramps for weeks, which was the reason for beginning this pill in the first place. I gained 10 pounds, then lost it the week I was off, then gained it back again after the first 7 days of the 2nd pack. I had no interest in doing anything. I would be angry or I would cry. I cried everyday, for no reason. When I would cry hysterically for hours at a time is when I threw them in the garbage. I know they say it takes 3 months to get regulated, it is just not worth it. I would rather feel happy, then hinder cramp pain which only lasted a few days anyways."

Anonymous April 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 5 months and I have no major complaints. I was on Lo Loestrin FE for 6 months prior but unfortunately had to switch because it was too expensive. The only thing I've noticed is that I get very emotional over tiny things unlike when I was on Lo Loestrin. My period is extremely regular. (Always comes on the first day of the placebo pill week, very light and only for about 3-4 days.) Also cleared up my skin big time and no weight gain at all. (I've actually lost 7 pounds since being on BC and have had very little change in my eating patterns and physical activity.) Would've given it a 10 if it weren't for the mood swings."

Ashley299 April 18, 2015

For Birth Control "My daughter suffered with a heavy flow and debilitating cramps. It felt powerless not to be able to help her. I took her to a Gyn doc and she was placed on this medication. After 2 months she was so much better. By the 3rd mth she had a allergic reaction and broke out in hives all over her arms that were itchy red circular spots. Her face broke out as well. I hope the next birth control pill works for her cramps as well as the rest of her. But for now this is not it..signed sad mom."

Ramonja April 13, 2015

For Birth Control "After having to be taken away in an ambulance from work I spent 5 hours in the ER due to all of the side effects from the pill. My friend who's a medic thought I was having some kind of seizure. I've had 3 friends tell me they've had terrible experiences on this pill. I'm definitely switching."

mkaylynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This has been my very first birth control pill. I have taken it for almost an entire month and so far everything is good. What I've noticed so far is that I'm more moody/emotional, I feel hungrier than usual, my period is lighter but my cramps are still there and they've been there everyday. They used to end around the 2nd day but I'm on the 4th day and I still have cramps. I can manage cramps and a little moodiness tho, so no biggie. No weight gain so far but I work out 3-5 times a week and drink lots of water. No acne but I use Proactiv because I used to get bad breakouts. My doctor said I'd be protected after the first 7 days so I have had sex with a condom but it was after 2 weeks. I'm pretty satisfied so far. Plan to stick with it."

Ashley M. April 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Junel for two years. I've never had acne and only gained a few pounds. My breasts got a size bigger as well. My period went from awful heavy and cramping for eight days at a time, to light and easy cramps for four days. It has also prevented pregnancy like it is supposed to. My obgyn even said this is the first birth control she goes to when reccomending a type to women. I love this birth control and would reccomend it to anyone."

Tayrose March 30, 2015

For Acne "First month was terrible. Couldn't stop crying and I broke out terribly, which was very upsetting considering the only reason I went on birth control in the first place was because of my acne. 3rd month everything completely turned around- my acne got noticeably better. Being on it for 5 months now I notice that around my period and the week before my skin is flawless.. but the first two weeks of starting the new packet I seem to breakout. Maybe the hormones are too high. In terms of my period it's extremely light and I get no PMSing at all anymore, while before sometimes I couldn't go to school it was so bad."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I began Junel FE 1/20 five days ago and I'll update this after a couple months of having been on this pill. I'm using it for birth control as well as period regulation. I got my period on a Saturday and began taking it the day after. My period was extremely heavy for the first day because I'd taken Plan B earlier in the month but immediately after beginning the birth control my period was actually lighter than usual. I've never had great skin, and I've noticed some increased acne since starting the pill, as well as some depression. I'm going to give my body some time to let my hormone levels balance before I really judge this pill, but those are the effects I've seen immediately after beginning it."

hauntedbagels March 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on my period for well over a month after just forgetting one pill. I also have all of the horrible side effects including cramps, bloating, and breast tenderness."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 10 months & I LOVE it ! I originally got on it for birth control & it did the job. I haven't gotten pregnant after never using protection or any other contraception . I still get my normal 3 day period but a few months I had spotting or a longer period. overall, I love ❤ it and will continue to use it until I'm ready for another child."

not specified February 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm in the middle of my fourth month on the pill, and during this month I feel much better! I had some weight gain at first, but that's okay now. My face is having a lot more issues with acne so that sucks. The worst thing was during the first three months I had spotting for two weeks then would be off for a week and would spot again for two week. It was light, but constant and annoying!! I kept telling myself I was going to change and make an appointment asap but hesitated because I wanted to wait it out and give it more of a chance. I reccomend people to do that with this pill because it's all evening out right, it just took time."

KLT110592 February 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been in this for 3 weeks. I had nausea in the beginning but then took it in the evening and much better. I had very dry skin issues and all has cleared up. So far I have no issues with it."

Lhocking (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I love Junel Fe. Been on it for a year a half the only side effect is I usually get migraines around my period. But I also have had migraines prior to beginning the pill. Periods are easily predictable and little lighter than they were before (4 days long). Cramps are the same for me, no weight gain, no difference in moodiness, and actually helped stop breast tenderness for me. Love the iron pills as the placebos. And best of all it's free."

Anonomus (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 4, 2015

"Never have been on birth control and started this pill a week ago. Doctor told me to start right away so I took the first row and started on a Thursday. I was also on my last day of my period. 6 days later I started spotting and I've been somewhat on my period since then. Also. my mood swings are like a rollercoaster. Is this normal for birth control because my body is adjusting?"

Eve5153 January 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Junel for 10 months now and have no complaints. I had very mild nausea and mood swings for the first 2 months but have not experienced these since. My moderate acne has completely cleared up thanks to this pill. My only complaint is that my pack is 21 days with no placebo pills. I wish I had the placebo pills for consistency. Also, I did not gain weight but I regularly make healthy lifestyle choices and am active."

Anonymous146 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to this medicine (from Camrese) mainly suffering from a very decreased sex drive and heavy periods, with very dismal mood swings. This medicine fixed all of that (yay!). Additionally, periods are very light, lasting about 2 days. I have not had any additional problems with weight, acne, etc. I would highly recommend giving this a shot if you are having problems with other, heavier dose meds!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken Junel Fe 1/20 for two months primarily as a method of birth control. So far, I have had a few episodes of mild nausea, and one more serious episode where the nausea was nearly immobilizing and accompanied with harsh pelvic pain and spotting. I have had some mood swings and low feelings -- though I experienced this prior in the form of PMS, too. My breasts seem slightly larger, though I have not gained weight otherwise. Prior to taking Junel Fe 1/20, I had very occasional breakouts, which I am still experiencing. I experienced spotting and light bleeding on the active pills -- which will hopefully subside as the hormones regulate."

small_cats (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2015