Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Learn more about Junel Fe 1/20.

Menstrual Disorders 0 reviews 72 medications

Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Junel Fe 1/20 reviews 53 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Junel Fe 1/20

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I switched to this medicine (from Camrese) mainly suffering from a very decreased sex drive and heavy periods, with very dismal mood swings. This medicine fixed all of that (yay!). Additionally, periods are very light, lasting about 2 days. I have not had any additional problems with weight, acne, etc. I would highly recommend giving this a shot if you are having problems with other, heavier dose meds!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 6:46 PM

Review by small_cats (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have taken Junel Fe 1/20 for two months primarily as a method of birth control. So far, I have had a few episodes of mild nausea, and one more serious episode where the nausea was nearly immobilizing and accompanied with harsh pelvic pain and spotting. I have had some mood swings and low feelings -- though I experienced this prior in the form of PMS, too. My breasts seem slightly larger, though I have not gained weight otherwise. Prior to taking Junel Fe 1/20, I had very occasional breakouts, which I am still experiencing. I experienced spotting and light bleeding on the active pills -- which will hopefully subside as the hormones regulate.

January 2, 2015 4:31 PM

Review by carolinafan1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I experienced a lot of weight gain, but the worst side effect has been dry skin on my face and I have never had skin problems. I have also experienced some headaches but I am going to actually take the brown pill this month. I have a missed period one month and then the next month I get my period 2 times in one cycle. But it's working the best out of all the birth controls that I have used. (I use birth control for hormone headaches)

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 9:36 PM

Review by Kerryk.:

For Birth Control: I recently switched to this birth control and have nothing bad to say about it. I used to have cramps, bad acne, mood swings and back pain. My mood swings, cramps and acne went away! My period used to be 7 days and very heavy. It's 5 days and light! I couldn't be happier!

December 29, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Rachel 111111:

For Birth Control: I gained a little weight at first but my body adjusted about 2 months in. These are great because the "placebo" pills have IRON in them. I am on birth control strictly to keep from passing out each month. My period was causing me to lose too much blood and causing anemia so the iron is a must. If you take this birth control be sure to take the brown pills instead of skipping them like so many people do.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2014 10:54 AM

Review by Team Reed:

For Birth Control: I had a myometomy over 7 years ago. I had a relief of not experiencing abdominal pain, heavy bleeding, blood clots and cramping when having my menstrual cycle. Fast forward 7 years later- I have those same symptoms---abdominal pain, heavy bleeding, blood clots and cramping. I KNEW my fibroids grew back! After extensive testing (ultrasound) it was confirmed by my doctor. She said the fibroid was on the OUTSIDE of my uterine wall and not on the inside. She gave me options- surgery or birth control. I chose birth control and she put me on Junel 1/20. So far, very little cramping and NO BLOOD CLOTS and ABDOMINAL PAIN. Mind you, I still take ibuprofen but, I'm more physically outgoing and not bed ridden or curled up into a ball.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 6:44 AM

Review by makashaka45785666:

For Birth Control: Been on Junel FE for about 8 years now. Never really had any problems with it, except that once I gained some weight its a lot harder to lose while on the pill. I didn't have any negative side effects, except a lower libido which has never really bothered me. But for the last couple months my periods have been way out of whack. Last month I had 3 periods, this month I missed my scheduled period...not really sure what's going on here but I haven't missed taking any pills. I'm thinking about going off the pill now which is what brought me here, but I'm worried that it will make me gain weight and get acne again.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2014 12:20 PM

Review by Boston, 29:

For Birth Control: I have been on a variety of birth control pills for 15 years now, and Junel is by far the worst medication I have ever experienced. Immediately I experienced severe mood swings and depression. I stayed on Junel for 2 months, but nothing ever improved. 3 years later, a new doctor accidentally prescribed Junel to me, and I decided to try it again. Again, immediate mood swings, depression, etc.

October 29, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Junel FE 1/20 for three months now after switching from Lo Loestrin FE (too expensive!) I experienced slight weight gain (about 5 lbs) and slight moodiness/breast tenderness at first but those symptoms went away. Now, out of the blue, I'm having my second period in a month after being pretty regular and my chronic post nasal drip has gotten a lot worse. I'm going to stick it out for a few more months but might ask my doctor for another recommendation if these new issues don't resolve.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Larrablabla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm moving through my second month of these pills after having tried Depo-Provera, which I hated, no sex drive, extremely mental... Seasonique, which cause teenage-like acne, wacky spotting... I like Junel Fe so far, I didn't know the brown pills are iron, thinking they were just sugar I didn't take them and suffered low iron headaches, this month I'll take them. My period was quick and light, minimal cramping, not even bad enough to take pain killers. I do have a metallic taste in my mouth that started recently. I hope that goes away.

October 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've started taking this pill about a month ago and only complaint I have is I broke out along my chin and jawline. It's beginning to clear up and I heard that it takes 1 or 2 packs for the acne to balance out. So far I love this pill!

August 31, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by Emilyyyanne:

For Birth Control: I started taking Junel Fe after taking Sprintec for three months, and at first I liked it. It is effective for birth control, but I had the worst side effects. It made my face breakout, I gained some weight, and it made me so moody and depressed. Going on month five I spent a lot of time sleeping and spending time alone because of the pill.

August 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by NYC25 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I felt compelled to review this medication because of how scared I was when reading such scary recipes and side effects. I had tried taking Yasmin which made me gain weight, become increasingly moody and depressed and eventually stopped taking that. When it was time to start up again I was so nervous with Junel but I have nothing but good things to say. No weight gain, no acne, no moodiness, I have a very light, scheduled period, and it does what it's supposed to - prevents pregnancy. I've been on it about 2.5 years now. Love love it.

July 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Review by OpposedSarah:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I really liked this birth control. I only experienced light acne about a week before my period, no cramps, stomach pain, or any other period symptoms. My period always came the day I started the brown iron pills. They were so light most of the time I never even used a pad or anything. I haven't used a tampon since I went on the medicine. I ended up going on Yaz because my mom thinks I should have a heavier period and that it's not healthy even though my cycle is regular. Overall this pill is great.

July 4, 2014 10:21 AM

Review by Isebelle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started this as my first ever birth control pill. My doctor prescribed it to me because I had crippling cramps and nausea. The first month my cramps were completly gone and it was amazing, 3 months later they are exactly the same as before I started the pill. I get my period twice a month now. I've been getting chronic headaches, repressed appetites, spotting, and cramps. The pill has improved my acne and made me gain a little weight (which I don't mind because I'm on a weight gaining diet) but otherwise this isn't the medication for me. I totally need a stronger medication.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by unsatisfied221:

For Birth Control: I was taking this birth control for a little less than three years. I started when I was 15 for Polycystic ovarian syndrome. When I first started taking it I was EXTREMELY moody, it was as if all hell broke lose. After a few months my period became lighter and I had less cramps. This year was the worst: extreme depression, moodiness, severe cramps, long periods, Etc. The biggest issue I had was EXTREME weight gain (not at all in the right places) I had to get off it. I went from being 118 pounds to 154. Terrible experience. The only pro was that it cleared my acne. Finally switched so we will see how my new one works out.

June 28, 2014 12:45 AM

Review by momma3ny (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Month 1 ok. Nothing that noticeable Month 2 extremely tired al the time. No patience, over emotional, beyond ragey. Full period on second week on the pack. Dry flaky patch on my usually non acne face. Headaches, some abdominal cramps. Want to give it a chance but the tiredness I can't deal with ...the side effects of feeling depressed.

June 26, 2014 1:27 AM

Review by Em1986:

For Birth Control: Let's start with the good - this medication prevented pregnancy, so I guess it is effective. However, the side effects for me were crazy. I have been on Junel for several months now and have experienced the following side effects: dry skin on my face, bleeding of the gums, spotting, and crazy moodiness. I tried to give it time but the side effects continued. I am switching to another pill. I have been on other brands in the past and have never had side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2014 7:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I am only on the begining of week two, however I've never had a lower sex drive in my life. I've also never been more nauseous in my life. I throw up nightly. Took a pregnancy test and I'm not pregnant. Unless it gets better after this packet of pills I'll be calling my pharmacist to switch to a different type of birth control.

June 5, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by juliazzz:

For Birth Control: I've been on Junel Fe for 6 months. Since being on it, my periods don't last as long and are usually really light, I don't have severe cramping or severe nausea, haven't really spotted. The only bad thing in my experience is that I've gained 30 pounds in four months while taking this and so far no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to lose any of that extra weight. Believe me, I am making a huge effort to lose this weight. This medication is the only difference in my life that can account for the weight gain, unless I have some illness or medical problem that I am unaware of (I am only twenty years old with no medical history of any diseases in my family). Also, I have taken pregnancy tests and I am not pregnant.

April 30, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Sarah4450:

For Birth Control: I love this birth control. I switched from Lo loestrin FE because I would get two periods on that (one in week 2 of active pills and one during the placebos) and my doctor said I needed to up my estrogen dose. I was so nervous to start this because of various negative reviews, but I'm almost finished with my first pack and I've had no horrible side effects at all. The first week there was mild bloating and I've had breast tenderness (more than usual) but other than that it's regulated my bleeding and I've gotten no other side effects! Give this pill a chance!

April 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by Heather0709:

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: No menstrual at all. No cramps or bloating. Works really well for me.

April 24, 2014 2:05 AM

Review by MEGANNNNN:

For Birth Control: I switched from Loestrin to Junel one month ago, I'm currently in my placebo time. I'm sad Loestrin is no more. This medicine has made me moody, severe breast tenderness, and ACNE! I have never had acne as an adult. They're big and painful! However I feel like it is subsiding. Breasts are less tender. No bleeding yet, but I stopped having periods on Loestrin years ago. I'm sticking with it for now!

April 15, 2014 4:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was taking to control facial hair growth. I just finished my first pack and I've see all the negative side effects. My period was light, only needing a panty liner but I've been spotting for over two weeks now. I never had heavy periods so it's kind of annoying. I did get and am still bloated. The hair growth have not stopped, still grows at the same pace. If no change in three months, I plan to stop.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2014 2:36 AM

Review by Jade22:

For Acne: I used to be on Orhro Tri-cyclen until it made me an emotional basket case. I then switched to Junel Fe 1/20 and I felt completely normal again. I took a year break and two months ago I began to notice I was getting acne like a teenager again, I'm 30. Mostly hormonal, jaw and chin area. I decided to get back on it again. I've been on it for almost 2 months and my acne cleared up. 2 weeks into it I noticed bloating, and breast swelling. I also noticed I went up 3lbs. However all that went away my 2nd month in. I'm back to my normal weight, no more swelling in the stomach area, although my breasts are fuller than usual. These were my only symptoms. If this happens to you give it 2 months at least for your body to get adjusted.

April 14, 2014 6:39 PM