User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Birth Control 251 reviews 275 medications

7.8
Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 251 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Ortho Evra

For Birth Control "I loved the results! It is so easy to put on my buttcheek (alternating each week) and forget about for a week. I love how hassle free it is, my insurance even covers it 100% so I don't have a co-pay. I haven't had any issues with it coming loose, but that is one of my few complaints. When I pulled it off the first it felt like a waxing strip, but that's a price to pay for how convenient it is, now I use a little lotion to get it off. I am accustomed to having a few breakouts here and there, however I've been getting huge cystic pimples. They have cleared up and I haven't had any for the last week though. My breasts have gone from D to pushing a DD & extremely tender. I am somewhat moody as well."

thebribri (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using the patch for about 6 years, and it's been great. No babies, it's done its job, lighter periods. I occasionally forget to change it and always get scared it'll effect it, but the directions help to explain what to do if miss a day, and it never effected me. I put it on the back of my lower legs, and alternate every week to avoid rashes. I shave the small area right before applying the patch and it makes it really easy to take off, doesn't hurt. Only thing with the leg, pants make the surrounding get black fuzzier. I've been having a problem with lack of sec drive and interest lately (past 2yrs) and I'm starting to wonder if it's from the patch... if going in hot tube or swimming vaca put a bandage over it itll fall off."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 5, 2016

For Birth Control "So, I've had the patch for 6 years and a half now... I remember my first month with it.. it was crazy! I had some mood swings and terrible headaches, but I decided to be brave and just give it a try since it was my very first birth control, and after 4 weeks all the symptoms went away.... Ever since, I've been super happy with it and I jut love it, I never gained a pound with it, never had mood swings with it, never had a baby hahahar... I wear it on my back swtiching from side to side every week and never had irritation of the skin, it has never fall off in 6 years either.. The only issue is now, after 6 years of it, I'm starting to get some spotting. So... Don't give up so easy on the patch!! haha it's not for everyone but it might be 4U"

Marcela10 May 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have cramps now and get daily headaches.. I truly believe it's from this patch. I will finish this month then maybe go to minastrin which is less estrogen.. I haven't decided yet. I would love to just do natural family planning, side effects aren't worth it."

Anonymous May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've actually had no health problems at all with the patch so far and I've been on it just over a month now. I read up on it beforehand and the reviews were playing on my mind but I've had NO sickness, NO headaches and NO spotting which has been great! I've been wearing it on my bum (alternating sides each week) for a few weeks and this seems alright but I'm trying my inner arm now. The only downside of this I've had is the pain when taking it off - I thought it would be like taking a plaster off but it's much worse!! Like getting an unwanted wax each time. Granted this means that it stays on for a week! This is enough to put me off the patch and I'll be trying something different next time."

amc93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for over 4 years. No babies so it has done it's job on that matter. Never had any issues with skin irritation where the patch is applied. When I first started the patch I had the worse acne of my life on my face for a couple weeks. Boobs definitely got bigger and more sensitive. I have noticed (and those close to me have noticed) that I have been experiencing bad mood swings lately and have been super emotional for almost the last 6 months. The patch is the only thing I can narrow it down to. Has anyone else had reactions after being on it for so long?"

cupcait (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "So I've been taking this form of birth control for about 2 months but I think I am going to quit after I finish this round of patches. The patch is so easy as I don't have to remember to take it everyday but it has a lot of downsides. They include the glue trapping fuzziness, the visibility of it, gaining weight (I gained 10 lbs), decreased sex drive, vaginal dryness, increased hunger, really sore & swollen breasts, increased acne & oily skin, periods lasting longer. My insurance covered them but I prefer to maintain a slim weight so that is the main reason I am quitting."

bthroop (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the birth control patch for over a year now, I love it! never had really bad side effects , my periods would come on time , never had problems with the patch coming off. There are however some side effects I didn't know about, spotting in between periods, feeling nausea , headaches , etc. But all in all I love the patch! not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon!"

cupcake23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on the patch after my 3rd child. Within a week after using it I gained 10 pounds. I have been on it for 2 years now and have gained around 30 pounds. My libido is down to nothing. The only good thing I can say about the patch is it has regulated my periods and they only last 3-4 days at a time."

AbcMomma (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Since I've started the patch I've had an increase in libido like all the time . I wasn't like that before ... I'm not complaining . Lol. But down side my skin broke out bad the first week of wearing the patch . And I gained a bad cough that won't stop . Other than that I love the patch since I've worn it I haven't had weight gain but my boobs have went up a whole cup size so no more pretty bras . Lol ."

Kaykaie February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for 8 years. Took it off 2 years ago to conceive my 2nd child and had no problems whatsoever. It does take 3 months to leave your system so keep that in mind before trying to conceive. After those 3 months... BOOM! We were pregnant! Got right back on it after my 2nd was born and have been good ever since! No side effect, I like the fact that I can control when I get my period by removing the patch the week that I want it or putting on a new patch if I don't want it that week. No weight gain, nothing. A in my book!!"

Angieeeeeee (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Coming on to the third month of wearing the patch and I loved it but now I am so depressed- I have never had depression before.. But I can't stop crying, like four times a day and I am experiencing such bad mood swings.. Really not great"

Lauren24 February 14, 2016

For Birth Control "switched from the pill because I couldn't remember to take them, and for some reason I always had to clear my throat and cough up excessive mucous throughout the day. I still have my same number of menstrual days which is 6, I've never had cramps. Both the pills and the patch keep my face clear of acne which is a plus. The patch doesn't fall off because I put it below my arm pit where my bra covers it and I alternate sides each week.My only concern with the patch is that it leaves a rash/outline imprint where the patch used to be. It hasn't decreased my sex drive but it has decreased the amount of wetness down there during sex. I want to get off BC completely but I'm afraid to get acne/pregnant."

StacyM123 February 11, 2016

For Birth Control "The pill gave me aura migraines and mood swings and my period wasn't any better, in fact my cramps got worse, bleeding was still the same. I wanted to try the IUD but my doctor is an airhead and couldn't get it in, so I settled with the patch. I honestly couldn't tell if it was working the first couple of months because I had no side effects like nausea or headaches. And I was a little leery about hormones coming from a sticker you put on your skin...but 7 months later, no baby, so it must be working. I went off it for a month because my prescription refill got messed up and I went back on as soon as I got another box and I seriously could not tell the difference between having these on and not using any birth control at all. Loving it!"

Damieboo February 11, 2016

For Birth Control "If I could give this patch a 0 rating I would , had the patch on for just over 24 hours and I started to feel sick then the next morning I was throwing up but nothing coming out because I hadn't eaten since last night , doctor said this would go usually after 3 months and I wasn't prepared to keep it on for that long and be feel sick everyday , it also made me very anxious and I'd only had it on for a little time , never again. Also it wasn't that sticky even after 24 hours it was falling off slightly"

Katielouiseeee January 26, 2016

For Birth Control "So I started the patch and was on if for maybe 6/7 months. I stopped taking it about last year, in about March. It's been over a year and I cannot conceive... Never had a problem having children until I used Ortho Evra.... Worked while I was on it, but I believe it has made me infertile :("

DandrageDbeauty January 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the birth control patch for about seven months, and while I've never had issues with forgetting to change it, or it falling off (on the contrary it HURTS when I have to rip them off after a week) I have noticed in the last couple months that on my patch change day I become very light headed and nauseous and usually end up throwing up multiple times over the course of 4-8 hours. I generally feel nauseous, or just unwell for the next three days after as well. I always stuck it to my lower sides, switching each week, but this past week I affixed it to my arm and did find that I was less ill, but I did still throw up multiple times. For this reason I am switching methods because it is not worth it to me to be this sick this often."

Highsunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Absolutely swear by and love the patch. I place mine on my lower left hand side of my stomach and rotate between two spots to give my skin a weeks breathing afterwards. Yes it collect dust round the outside but it's really not a big deal, and if it is use talc it stops this. I've been on it for nearly two years and only ever had 3 fall off. I have such a high sex drive, it doesn't give me mood swings or make me weight gain. I become slightly emotional on my last day of my gap week but nothing over the top or noticeable! Would 100% recommend it. Have tried various pills and they weren't for me. But hey, everyone's different."

Diji January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for 4 months now. The first month I had spotting for about 2 weeks after my period, but it vanished completely and didn't have any spotting since. My periods seem to be less heavy and my cramps are completely gone too -I never had bad ones before, tho-. I found the best place for me to wear it, is on my butt. It does irritate the area and it becomes itchy the last week. It always gets lint around the edges but I just don't care anymore. Despite everything, I'm thinking on stop using it. It has killed my sex drive, thus making my sex life miserable and endangering my relationship. I'm so dry and so uninterested in sex now when 5-6 month ago I was a waterfall after the slightest caress. It's a shame."

Anna_3456 December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for over a year and I love it. I had a bad experience with the nexplanon and breakthrough bleeding. I don't have that issue with the patch. I do not have extreme mood swings or weight gain either. The only downside to it is that I get nauseous for a day or two on the 1st week after the no patch week."

1smartgal (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2015

For Birth Control "So the patch falls off. It is horrible I tried everything; clean, dry, room temp skin, with no lotion, and pressing firmly for an extended period of time. It shifts within a few days of applying then starts to come off, it rarely lasts a week. I even put it in a spot that the skin doesn't stretch and move as much, it didnt help at all. I am "active"; doing stuff inside our home, yard work, chasing kids, tons of bending and squatting and the patch comes off when it is on my back no where close to my hips or waist"

Coxj8 December 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had been on two types of birth control pills and I had break through bleeding no matter what for months. So I tried the patch. This was nice because I didn't forget to take it etc...lasts a week you can take it off a day later if needed. It for sure regulated my period which was great. I've always had a crazy high sex drive and that didn't change. BUT I hated the patch because it would collect fabric around the rim, the skin under would get super itchy, if your sexually active etc...its can shift or fall off. once taking it off it left terrible rashes and would leave a mark for about 2weeks after. It was really bad so I'm now going off it to try a different pills now instead of the patch. not good for your skin at all."

Kitbakes (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Now if you're going to start a birth control please and I mean please do your research because not every birth control is accurate or even worth it. I usually get a 7 day menstrual. I literally have my period for almost a month and to top it off my doctor tells me oh hey you're pregnant! how is possible? so now my significant other and I are confused as to how we are pregnant if we didn't even have intercourse around the time of it because for one I'm on the patch and I'm bleeding still. Someone help me understand and I beg you ladies research your contraceptions"

Anonymous December 8, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first time on any kind of birth control and I must say this has been a horrible experience for me. I say this because my period has been horrible it has been intensified I have horrible cramps my back my stomach hurts everyday. The smell of things make me nauseous I'm very moody I'm always sad or upset - it's kinda ridiculous because I wish someone had informed me about this. I bleed uncontrollably its heavier than normal and it's thicker I feel like I should just try another source of birth control"

Anonymous November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking the patch last year to regulate my periods and my hormones then I found out I was pregnant while I was taking it so I stopped. I ended up having a miscarriage. After surgery and roughly 6 weeks later. I was back on the patch which was in May. In the space of time I gained a lot of weight - I eat a lot, I pretty much want to eat all day. I have extremely heavy periods and its really long now sometimes more than a week. I'm moody all the time my back and stomach hurts I get horrible cramps and the list goes on. I've finally said goodbye to the patch this month and I'm officially starting my diet because I can't fit in any of my cute clothes and the ones that I do fit in I look fat. I won't be using Evra again."

Bye bye (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2015

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Professional resources