User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Birth Control 216 reviews 255 medications

Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 216 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ortho Evra

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control ever - after I had an abortion on July. Decided to take on the patch because it is easy and convenient and you don't have to remember to take everyday, just once a week and my change patch day is every Monday. On my patch-free week today, menses came. Tomorrow will be my second month wearing it and so far so good. Side effects are mainly headache and a big appetite however no weight gain, no breakouts and some spotting in between. Cons, will be lint adhere to the patch and it could be itchy for me once in a while."

Diana N August 30, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first time to use BC and I knew the patch was the only thing for me (cannot remember to take pills).... This is my second month and I've noticed my boobs are staying sore, I'm like crazy emotional and I'm so sleepy.... But no weight gain, no acne breakouts, no red bumps, no nausea..... I was told it could take 3 months to get in your system and I'm hoping that all this will go away next month.... The only thing that worries me is that I have no energy.... Is this a side effect????"

BCROCKS August 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I know everyone has different reactions too different birth control, this does not work for me! I switched from the pill to this patch because I hate taking pills every day and it's so much of a hassle. So I found as soon as I started the patch, first 3 days extremely nauseous, within the first week my fave and chest broke out crazy in deep cystic acne, I didn't have any acne before, and it cause libido (major decrease in sex drive) as well as made me super emotional and just angry all the time, so therefore I immediately switched back off of it due to too many unwanted side effects, just bought the Nuvaring I hear good things about it and hear it's a very low dosage ... Hopefully not as many side effects involved."

Hounsie94 (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for about 4 months now and I can honestly say that I love it. This is my first time being on BC and I did a lot of research before picking one out. The first 3 months I experienced some of the side effects: headaches, nausea, sore breast, emotional as hell. But all that stopped in the 3rd month. I still get a little emotional but that's just regular pms'ing. Do not buy the generic brand. It sucks ass. It doesn't stick as well as the name brand so I spend the $5 to get it. My skin gets a little irritated around the patch but I have seriously dry skin so that can play a factor. Overall I'm loving it! My bf can relax a little because he doesn't have to worry about condoms anymore because this is more cost efficient."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015

For Birth Control "This was the first BC I ever used. It was mostly fine, didn't help my acne any and didn't give me boobs (I was all hips in those days) but also didn't give me any nausea or weight gain. However, the patches never stayed on. They would get sticky and lint from my clothes would make the edges look really grungy. They fell off a lot. I also developed an allergy to the adhesive, leaving red squares on my skin for MONTHS after. Now I'm allergic to any adhesive (tape, bandaids, etc.). I switched to the nuva ring and like it much better."

Kathen36 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "After I ceased breastfeeding my daughter I needed a more practical birth control. I have always suffered anxiety about remembering to take a pill, especially when breastfeeding and using the mini pill which needed to be taken at exactly the same time daily. The patch ticks all the boxes. Easy to use. I have had one fall off during a high intensity swim, so I recommend getting spares just in case. AS A WARNING - When I first started the patch I bled heavily for about 30 days non-stop. I was even prescribed medication to help with this. Since it stopped, the heavy continuous bleeding hasn't returned and my periods are only 4-5 days long on my patch free week. Also, I get strong food cravings around my patch change days perhaps a coincidence."

FreshLeeks July 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I started using this the first day of my period . it seem to work good. But then it started getting sticky around by the 4 day it completely fell off in the shower and I had to put a new one. The part where the patch use to be was extremely itchy and there was a rash/bumps (no I did not shave my butt) or spot where I placed the patch. This time I placed the patch in the front and its extremely itchy . no mood swings no headaches no cramps shorter periods I love it but it doesnt stick good and it itches. He came inside me hopefully it worked and I didn't get pregnant have to wait and see. I have previously tried the pill and I broke out like crazy and sex drive went down and I was really moody."

karenddd July 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Ortho Evra for 3 years now, previously I was on the pill. I gained an additional 5 or so lbs when I switched over, but I think it's way worth it. My period is now regular and my usual heavy flow significantly decreased. Recently my pharmacy has started giving me the generic, don't do it. I have spotting all the time, pretty heavy. It's like having a regular period in between periods. For the first time last week the spotting was really heavy, I'm switching back to brand name. Other than that, no mood swings, no decrease in sex drive, no nausea/headaches/breast pain/etc. Great birth control!"

k.jack. June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I am having a great time with the patch. I was on the ring for around 6 months (at age 15) and had continuous breakthrough bleeding. Since my switch to the patch, that's cleared up. I've been on it for almost a year and I haven't experienced any nausea or head aches. I have gained around 10 pounds and I cry and get emotional more now. The patch can look alittle nasty but that's fine. And SUPER SHIRT PERIODS!! One 3-4 days now!!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been using Evra patches for just over 6 months, and my periods are perfectly regular and much lighter than they are naturally. I haven't experienced cramps, nausea or headaches and didn't before I used birth control. However I've gained roughly 1.5 stone during use, but I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or caused by the patch. As a result my breasts are also about a cup size larger. I always shave a square to help it adhere, I've never had one fall off, but they do tend to slide a little and the glue left behind will collect fluff. This means it's not as discreet as it should be, but this doesn't bother myself or my partner, and I can easily hide it on my butt cheeks under a bikini. Worth mentioning this is my first birth control."

carrotstar June 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on birth since I was 14 or 15 to contol my period . I have been on the pill, the ring, and the shot. The shot was the devil and while on the shot I went to my gyn and told her I wouldn't stop bleeding and I wanted to stop the shot and I told her I wanted to try the patch . I was going to wait for the shot to wear off because I have 5 more weeks but I couldn't take the bleeding so I put on the patch on a Sunday a couple hours later the bleeding stopped !! I love love the patch it is easy to remember the only problem I have had the last 2 patch is it left my skin irritated but its my fault because I shaved the area before I put on the patch"

Franny fine June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "It's main idea works great. I don't have to worry about pregnancy. On the negative side I get constant headaches, nausea, and vomiting and it is hard to sleep. Been using it for 2 months."

patchfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for about 6 months before I tried the patch and to be honest I wish I went with the patch earlier. Theres no hassle with remembering everyday like you do with pills and so far its really effective!(been on it for 3 months) My only side effects are tender breasts an feeling hot often. Also with the patch my sex drive increased :) I would definately recommend it"

Anti-Kids (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the contraception patch for 2 and a half years now and have absolutely no problem works perfect for me I get them free from my local sexual health clinic and I think am the only person who seems to be on the patch my friends all laugh when I show them it on my bum. Am so forgetful and forgot to replace it a couple of times but me and my boyfriend have had no pregnancy scares with it! The patch is a blessing and I wouldn't go on any other contraception."

Paigey May 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Works great but I'm coming off this as they do not stick well enough so I'm having to change it every few days, i gym and swim a lot so this probably doesn't help! They also leave a black sticky mark like a plaster but it's there even when the patch is on so doesn't look great. Has made my breasts go and become so tender :-("

Smiler_dance April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Best birth control ever. I used the patch since it came out. Now I'm having a hard time finding it in stock. I've called around and no one has it not even mail order. The generic is awful! Waste of time and money didn't stay on 24 hours. Even though it's very expensive it's worth it to me. I hate taking the pill everyday and it pains me to think that after all these years I'm going to have to find another form of birth control. Please bring back the patch!"

Lady D April 26, 2015

For Birth Control "This is a God send! No more worries for taking a pill every day! I have had no side effects in the 3 years I've been on it. Also at the end of each week I have to rip the patch off....even after gym sessions/daily showers/swimming.....it's stuck on real good! Definitely highly reccomended here in England! Also it's free as its contraception!"

Miss Bear (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for over a year now. I have had no side effects, but I've never had a side affect with any medication I've ever been. I have had a couple pregnancy scares, thankfully all false alarms. I went on birth control to regulate my period and it has worked wonders. I have got my period on Tuesday every fourth week since the first time month of being on it, that was why when I didn't get it at all the one month I thought I might have been pragnent. The only down side I have found to the patch is that there are lots of places I can't put it,( my butt, under my bra, my hip) any place that clothing would rub up against on a regular basis, so in the summer trying to find somewhere it won't show on my bathing suit is hard."

Tessdanika A April 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Very easy to use, doesn't give me morning sickness like the pill did. I don't even notice its on. Only downfall is that it falls off in the shower or pool, and I think its causing me to gain weight. It also made me very moody for the first 3 months. "

Dominica22 April 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have used Ortho Evra for 4+ years while being in a relationship. I have had regular periods each month, all beginning on the same day each month while on the patch. My periods only lasted 3-4 days. I love the patch and have never had a pregnancy scare while on it. The only downside if any was when putting the patch back on after having it off for a week. That sometimes caused a sense of nausea, but I would highly recommend it."

Sarah Elise (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 17, been on the patch for over a year & I recommend. If Ortho Evra patch is too expensive/big try generic Xulane. Same method, no difference in effectiveness/side effects just smaller & doesn't leave as much fabric around glue lining as Ortho Evra. Experienced nausea, breast tenderness around time of period, & cramps that decreased greatly now that I'm used to it. No weight gain, doesn't fall off through shower/exercise, & if you forget to put a new patch on your patch change day you are still protected for I believe 3 days, after that use back up & start new patch change day on the day you remembered to put it on. Been with partner over 1 yr, 0 scares. Had slight temper before patch so only mood change was more emotional/sensitive lol."

Brooklyn_97 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for almost 5 years now and it's amazing. I tried the pill before but always forgot to take it, the patch is perfect since you change it weekly. I haven't noticed any side effects whatsoever, the only downside I ever remember is the first couple months it was really annoying and itchy, but now I never even notice it. And sometimes it starts to peel off in the shower, but in the time I've been on it I've only had patches fall completely off twice, so overall this thing is an effective lifesaver. It has never failed me."

jayksep (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have just started the patch birth control and I love it. I can not swallow pills to the best of my abilities unfortunately so that would never work for me. I was on Depo for a year and experienced heavy cramping and bleeding the entire time. The patch seems to be working okay so far, I am experiencing nausea and migraines but I just hope it passes soon as this is my first week on the patch itself. I really hope this birth control works because I do not like any of the other birth control options out there and I am hoping that the side effects go away soon."

Briannalanexo March 26, 2015

For Birth Control "The first day I used it, I felt terribly sick, the following days I didnt even notice I was wearing the patch. I've been using it fow two years now, it's just wonderful."

lizie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I LOVE the patch!! I was on the pill for a long time (about 3-4 years) and tried 4 different ones. They mainly made me sick to my stomach, or have crazy mood swings/ aggression. In college I found it harder to take the pill on time and wanted to try different, more permanent birth controls. I tried nuvaring with no success (unfortunately it would move around too much and be quite uncomfortable), and the shot for 6 months (which made me horribly depressed, and was the first birth control to cause weight gain for me). Then, I cam across the patch!! it is amazing. I lost some weight, my breasts grew a bit (a side effect I didn't want), and no mood swings! No nausea, and no appetite fluctuations. If anything, i'd say it curbed my appetite."

happy! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2015