User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Birth Control 204 reviews 249 medications

Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 204 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Ortho Evra

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for about 6 months before I tried the patch and to be honest I wish I went with the patch earlier. Theres no hassle with remembering everyday like you do with pills and so far its really effective!(been on it for 3 months) My only side effects are tender breasts an feeling hot often. Also with the patch my sex drive increased :) I would definately recommend it"

Anti-Kids (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the contraception patch for 2 and a half years now and have absolutely no problem works perfect for me I get them free from my local sexual health clinic and I think am the only person who seems to be on the patch my friends all laugh when I show them it on my bum. Am so forgetful and forgot to replace it a couple of times but me and my boyfriend have had no pregnancy scares with it! The patch is a blessing and I wouldn't go on any other contraception."

Paigey May 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Works great but I'm coming off this as they do not stick well enough so I'm having to change it every few days, i gym and swim a lot so this probably doesn't help! They also leave a black sticky mark like a plaster but it's there even when the patch is on so doesn't look great. Has made my breasts go and become so tender :-("

Smiler_dance April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Best birth control ever. I used the patch since it came out. Now I'm having a hard time finding it in stock. I've called around and no one has it not even mail order. The generic is awful! Waste of time and money didn't stay on 24 hours. Even though it's very expensive it's worth it to me. I hate taking the pill everyday and it pains me to think that after all these years I'm going to have to find another form of birth control. Please bring back the patch!"

Lady D April 26, 2015

For Birth Control "This is a God send! No more worries for taking a pill every day! I have had no side effects in the 3 years I've been on it. Also at the end of each week I have to rip the patch off....even after gym sessions/daily showers/swimming.....it's stuck on real good! Definitely highly reccomended here in England! Also it's free as its contraception!"

Miss Bear (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for over a year now. I have had no side effects, but I've never had a side affect with any medication I've ever been. I have had a couple pregnancy scares, thankfully all false alarms. I went on birth control to regulate my period and it has worked wonders. I have got my period on Tuesday every fourth week since the first time month of being on it, that was why when I didn't get it at all the one month I thought I might have been pragnent. The only down side I have found to the patch is that there are lots of places I can't put it,( my butt, under my bra, my hip) any place that clothing would rub up against on a regular basis, so in the summer trying to find somewhere it won't show on my bathing suit is hard."

Tessdanika A April 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Very easy to use, doesn't give me morning sickness like the pill did. I don't even notice its on. Only downfall is that it falls off in the shower or pool, and I think its causing me to gain weight. It also made me very moody for the first 3 months. "

Dominica22 April 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have used Ortho Evra for 4+ years while being in a relationship. I have had regular periods each month, all beginning on the same day each month while on the patch. My periods only lasted 3-4 days. I love the patch and have never had a pregnancy scare while on it. The only downside if any was when putting the patch back on after having it off for a week. That sometimes caused a sense of nausea, but I would highly recommend it."

Sarah Elise (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 17, been on the patch for over a year & I recommend. If Ortho Evra patch is too expensive/big try generic Xulane. Same method, no difference in effectiveness/side effects just smaller & doesn't leave as much fabric around glue lining as Ortho Evra. Experienced nausea, breast tenderness around time of period, & cramps that decreased greatly now that I'm used to it. No weight gain, doesn't fall off through shower/exercise, & if you forget to put a new patch on your patch change day you are still protected for I believe 3 days, after that use back up & start new patch change day on the day you remembered to put it on. Been with partner over 1 yr, 0 scares. Had slight temper before patch so only mood change was more emotional/sensitive lol."

Brooklyn_97 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for almost 5 years now and it's amazing. I tried the pill before but always forgot to take it, the patch is perfect since you change it weekly. I haven't noticed any side effects whatsoever, the only downside I ever remember is the first couple months it was really annoying and itchy, but now I never even notice it. And sometimes it starts to peel off in the shower, but in the time I've been on it I've only had patches fall completely off twice, so overall this thing is an effective lifesaver. It has never failed me."

jayksep (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have just started the patch birth control and I love it. I can not swallow pills to the best of my abilities unfortunately so that would never work for me. I was on Depo for a year and experienced heavy cramping and bleeding the entire time. The patch seems to be working okay so far, I am experiencing nausea and migraines but I just hope it passes soon as this is my first week on the patch itself. I really hope this birth control works because I do not like any of the other birth control options out there and I am hoping that the side effects go away soon."

Briannalanexo March 26, 2015

For Birth Control "The first day I used it, I felt terribly sick, the following days I didnt even notice I was wearing the patch. I've been using it fow two years now, it's just wonderful."

lizie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I LOVE the patch!! I was on the pill for a long time (about 3-4 years) and tried 4 different ones. They mainly made me sick to my stomach, or have crazy mood swings/ aggression. In college I found it harder to take the pill on time and wanted to try different, more permanent birth controls. I tried nuvaring with no success (unfortunately it would move around too much and be quite uncomfortable), and the shot for 6 months (which made me horribly depressed, and was the first birth control to cause weight gain for me). Then, I cam across the patch!! it is amazing. I lost some weight, my breasts grew a bit (a side effect I didn't want), and no mood swings! No nausea, and no appetite fluctuations. If anything, i'd say it curbed my appetite."

happy! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for a week now & it's super easy to use. I'm sure I'd forget all the time to take the daily pills, so this once a week thing is great! I'm using the patch to help control my low platelets which causes a heavy flow, red spots on my skin & unexplained bruising, however the fact that it also prevents pregnancy is perfect. Anyway I haven't had my period yet since I've been on it for only a week but I haven't experienced any headaches, mood swings & cramping which is great. I however think I've gotten acne from it. Exactly a week ago I got this new foundation so maybe I got the acne from that. I honestly don't know. Going to ask my Dr for acne meds cause of it. I usually don't break out this much, not since middle school."

Jen534 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the patch for 12 years now. I've hated the pills due to the side effects. I always felt like I had to throw up. And I could not remember to take it everyday. I have 2 kids that I conceived while on the patch, but was on antibiotics at the time. Only downfall about it is that I've had about 3 ovarian cysts since my 12 years on the patch. Otherwise love it."

Poche (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2015

For Birth Control "Been using the patch for eight years. Never had a scare and no side effects and so easy to use"

cee13. February 8, 2015

For Birth Control "Before the patch, I was on the pill. I don't know which, but it gave me severe nausea every morning, almost as if I was pregnant. I would have my dad pull the car off to the side of the road for me to vomit in the morning sometimes. When I went off to college I immediately visited my gyno and said I wanted something different. She said the patch is good but very expensive, but I went for it. I have no side effects except for tender breasts. It is hassle free and it is very effective. I keep it on my butt cheek so no one sees, even if I go swimming! I do not think I will ever change from the patch."

patchlover January 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 19 years old and started the patch 3 days ago. I took birth control pills for 3 years and recently had my Implanon removed after a year and a half with horrible, heavy periods and terrible mood swings. So far, the patch isn't affecting me terribly. I do have nausea in the mornings but nothing too terrible I just hope it ends soon. I will come back and post in a few months after I see how my body adjust to it."

Jackmann (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I first decided to try the patch after trying the pills for several months. I liked the idea of only having to worry about changing it once a week as oppose to having to worry about the pill every day. At first everything was perfect, I had some spotting here and there but nothing major. My mood was normal and I had no weight gain. The downside of it for me were the headaches. I got terrible headaches from it."

Nellymuah December 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I've only been on the patch for 6 days and the nausea is almost unbearable. No other side effects so far but moodiness. I hope the naisea passes soon or I'm done with it!"

bugzmom1999 (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on the patch for 10 months now and I absolutely love it. I don't worry about pregnant scares at all. The only down side I have is that when I put on a new patch after my period I get really nauseated and a bad headache for a few hours but this started about 3 months ago and the other downside is that when I exercise and take hot showers it seems to make the patch slip off. But it's honestly the best birth control I've been on EASY to use and GREAT protection."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 6, 2014

For Birth Control "I hadn't been on birth control before the patch but my experience on it has been pretty pleasant. My period is a lot shorter and it comes exactly 3 days after I take my patch off for my week off. The only negative I have found is that I am way more emotional than I have ever been in my life. I cry way more often (when I'm wearing the patch and on my period). Which I find very strange since I had gone from not crying ever, to crying about once a week."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2014

For Birth Control "This patch works great. One tip when using it is make sure you constantly have food in your stomach. In the morning on an empty stomach it can make you feel sick. "

georgiapeach737 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2014

For Birth Control "The only side effects I have experienced are bloating and tender breast. I think my breast are growing and I think it is a downside because I don't want them too. I didn't notice any weight loss or gain. I had spotting which is normal but it is annoying I just suggest using pantyliners"

Ajae November 14, 2014

For Birth Control "I feel like I'm starving ever since I been on the patch I feel nauseous everyday."

Fina9912 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014