User Reviews for Ortho Evra

Learn more about Ortho Evra.

Birth Control 174 reviews 224 medications

7.9
Summary of Ortho Evra reviews 174 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Ortho Evra

Review by PatchRocks (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was on the Nuva Ring before the patch and It was working for me just fine but my sex drive was non existent. I switched to the Patch because I wanted something easy, and let me tell you its amazing! The first two months I did have random cramping and sore breasts but It was manageable and did not really bother me. The patch is easy to remember because I change it on Sunday and that is my "me day": I do my nails, facial, change my patch, and plan the week ahead. The only problem I had was sometimes it did come off, but I easily fixed that my using rubbing alcohol on my bum before I applied patch, now it never falls off. I would recommend the patch to those of us who are control freaks and love to plan everything including your period,

July 5, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by CarlyJean (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: When I first went to the doctor I was not interested in the patch, she talked me into it and said if I didn't like it after a few months to come back and we would change it. With the birth control pills I used to take I had to pay $50 a month. Although, with the patch I am paying nothing. FREE! Now to the symptoms. The first 3 month sucked between headaches, nausea, being moody, and tired. The worst symptom was cramps when I was not on my period at random times. It hurt so bad and was very annoying. After 3 month of using the patch the symptoms are gone and I absolutely LOVE THE PATCH. I have been on it for about 6 months and the only downfall is that clothes lint collets around it but it's not a huge deal if you put it where no one can see

May 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Review by Channiepoo:

For Birth Control: I am on day 6 of wearing the patch for the first time. On the 3rd day, nausea began and it has come in waves everyday since. I also feel extremely tired. I have had moments where I want to rip it off but I have read that the symptoms will lessen if I stick it out. I am 31 years old and have not been on any birth control in at least 13 years and have no children. So at this point, I am going to stick it out a bit longer.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 11:09 PM

Review by Purple.phoenix (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just started the patch today and I felt so nauseous from it being on my abdomen that I had to move it to my arm. I ended up having to put a new patch on because the first one got ruined when I took it off

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 10:04 PM

Review by fluterbrd1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is absolutely the best birth control I have ever used. I switched from Nexplanon to Ortho Evra, and if you are thinking of doing the same, I highly recommend it. Let me list the reasons why: 1. Weight loss. I have lost 5lbs in one month, without even trying! I'm back to the weight I was before I started birth control...but my breasts are still birth control sized. 2. Sex drive. Mine had been non-existent since I went on Nexplanon in September. Now, stronger than ever. That might be a downside though, now that I think about it. 3. Skin- no acne! 4. Predictable cycle. (On Nexplanon, I never knew when I was going to menstruate, which was about 90% of the time). Now, a non issue. 5. Don't have to remember everyday.

April 29, 2014 11:59 PM

Review by hleea67 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I really really enjoy using this. I'm 17 and I am now on my period from the 2nd cycle. The only downside is sometimes it would feel like it itches but turns out its the area around it. Also, my cramps are horrid right now but i think this is a very effective contraceptive.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Lovnit (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love the patch, I'm 17 and I've been on it for 4-5 months, it's so convenient and easy! My periods last 4 days and are super light, never got sick or felt sleepy! It's amazing.

April 24, 2014 10:30 PM

For Birth Control: Best birth control I have every been on. I was on Seasonquie before the patch and I had my period for a month straight. I have been on almost every birth control. This is by far the best birth control I have ever been on. It also helped with my acne. I only break out maybe two pimples before my period now. It also cleared up my acne I had before going on this birth control.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 9:40 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I'm a 19 year old and I've had my fair share with different birth controls. I tried the NuvaRing and that was not the most comfortable thing in the world so I decided to try the Patch. I've been on it for a solid year and a half and for the most part it works, I have not had a child. But every month I would get so nauseous after putting a new patch on after my period that I'd need to sit back and close my eyes for awhile. It drained my energy levels completely. And every so often I would have my period for a lengthy month, without it lightening up or signs of stopping. I was finally fed up with my monthly periods that I went to the doctor and she suggested the Mirena.

April 21, 2014 9:45 AM

Review by Team no baby.:

For Birth Control: I've even on the patch for just over a year now. I like the patch, but there are side effects. Be careful putting the patch near your groin muscles. It can cause blood clot. And it is extremely painful! It happened to me and I'm still in the patch I'm just a lot more careful of where I stick it to. Stick it on your lower back or your bum. Your bum would probably be the bet spot because the patch easily gets stuck on your jeans, shirt, bra, and will come off if you don't notice in time! Overall this birth control is very effective. But remember double the protection, better chances of staying on the safe side.

April 14, 2014 8:06 AM

Review by happytail2014 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I gained weight from the Depo shot. I was extremely sick on the pills. The Ortho Evra patch was a gateway to happiness. I had multicystic ovaries that made life uncomfortable for me from random pains and swelling to uncomfortable sex. I tried many different contraceptives and the patch is the only one that helped. My only complaints is the residue from the patch breast tenderness (although I did go up a size and my sex drive went way up). My husband hides from me now haha. Make sure you use as directed. Skipping a few days on The switcharoo will throw your period off.

April 11, 2014 12:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Been on the patch for almost four months now and I love it! It is much more convenient than taking birth control pills everyday, most of the time I forget I even have it on. The first month I experienced really emotional mood swings and a really heavy, long period. Those side effects have really tapered off since then, I'm still slightly more emotional during my period and it still can be a little heavy the first day or two. Nothing too bad at all and I think the longer I'm on the Patch, the better it'll get. It is also completely free with my current insurance plan. And the best part, it is effective! All in all I'd totally recommend it

March 25, 2014 2:22 AM

Review by mollyelizabeth (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Overall, the patch is easy and convenient- especially for a college freshman. I was on the patch for about 4 months and my only complaints are that I struggled placing it somewhere that it didn't get wrinkled and gross from fabric, I was more emotional (could also be stress from college), and I did gain about 10 pound within those four months. I'm also a runner and swim occasionally, so I have to limit my time in the pool and can't sweat too much because I'm scared the patch will fall off. Otherwise, it cleared up my acne, lessened my symptoms from my period, and my period is perfectly regulated and only last about 4 days. Definitely recommend. I found the best place to put the patch is on the upper arm.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by 29137:

For Birth Control: I love this patch and would recommend it to anyone! I'm British so the cost is all covered too which is even better! On the first full day of using the patch I was violently sick and felt nauseous for the morning but that was it. Since then I have actually calmed down with mood swings and a lot less snappy! Also I'm quite small and have naturally small breasts but have gone up about half a cup size in the 3 weeks I've been on it!

March 22, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I want to share my experience from being on Ortho Evra. I have only been on the patch for a month and this is my week off of the patch. I got to say being on the patch has been the best experience I've had on birth control. Before this I was on 2 different kinds of birth control pills. First one I wasn't even on it for a month I was always sick, the second one was little better but after a year it made me sick. So I started Ortho Evra and the only bad side effect has been that my Breast are a little sore. But they also seem fuller which is great. I love knowing when I'm going to get my period since I was never reg before. I got it on time now and that's great. I also love the fact that I only have to change it once a week.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Review by Jazzyjazz (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I loved this birth control. I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome. On this birth control I lost 60 pounds, and I probably would have continued losing the weight I gained from the syndrome if I didn't stop. Unfortunately, insurances don't like covering this, which is why I had to stop taking it, as I couldn't afford it. I hate the new pill I'm on, and might switch up again. This patch didn't make me depressed (like the pill does), I lost acne quickly, and my hair lessened in growth. The only thing I hated is after you take off the patch you have the square mark from it on you for a couple weeks. I recommend 100%!

March 12, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Only side effect so far is random nauseousness. Hate that it's sticky on the outside and 1-2 days before change date it's almost peeling off.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2014 6:31 PM

Review by Ryoneko:

For Birth Control: I ended up trying the patch after having too many bad experiences with the pill form. I have fibroids and am extremely irregular (skip months at a time, so I really needed to be on something. The first few months were a bit rough, but it evened out pretty smoothly after that. I've now been on the patch for over two years and I absolutely love it. I've never had it fall off, and I no longer have any side effects. In fact, 99% of the time I forget it's even there. Not pregnant yet either, so it works there too. Great option if you can't handle the pill.

February 26, 2014 10:48 PM

Review by steph. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm 17 & I've been on the patch for 4 months now. Before this I had been on the pill for a few years but it started to become inconvenient. The patch is VERY convenient for me. I've tried quite a few birth controls for my heavy and painful periods but nothing has ever worked. The patch hasn't made too much of a difference in that area but my skin is clear & I'm definitely protected from pregnancy. The first two months my period was really bad but it got better. I'm happy with the patch and I recommend it. One downside is the color of it though. I'm African American so my skin is brown and the patch is kind of pink like a Bandaid. No big deal though.

February 24, 2014 3:30 AM

Review by aimz. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Well basically when I first used it, it was great only have tender breasts felt a little sick but it went away. Then all of a sudden I had these terrible mood swings. Felt really emotional. And I've been that exhausted, I've had to take naps during the day. So yeah not that good for me.

February 7, 2014 4:43 AM

Review by aeb13 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love the patch. I'm 17 and I use it to regulate my periods. They used to be very irregular and long and now they come like clockwork. They're kind of heavy but they only last 4-5 days which is so nice. The first week of the patch I felt pretty nauseated and I had loss of appetite, but after that I was fine. No nausea, no headaches, and my breasts got bigger. The only problem is that I'm extremely emotional. I overreact and cry a lot, especially before/during my period. Overall, though, the patch is great, and way easier than the pill. I recommend it.

February 1, 2014 2:35 PM

Review by 16:

For Birth Control: I am 16 and this was my first method of birth control. I wasn't good at taking pills so I chose this. In the first couple weeks my breasts felt tender. I only felt nauseous one time. I've had some headaches but nothing too bad. I also got more acne but now that I'm at the end of 3 months it seems like its gone away. I also fear that it will make me gain weight because I have gained 2-4 pounds since then. But I think my breasts got bigger.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Michmichmichmich:

For Birth Control: First birth control I've used and I LOVE it. Been using it for 6 months now. I remember the first 2 patches I ever put on made me a bit nauseous, but now I put it on with no complaints whatsoever. When the patch needs to be taken off for my period, I typically get my period after 24hours. Although not recommended, it does work if you have unprotected sex so it's nice to have that safety in the back of your mind. The only complaint I could possibly have about it is the price of the patch per month. Other than that I've had no side effects and am very happy about it!

January 8, 2014 9:23 AM

Review by michelleCruz:

For Birth Control: I've been on the patch for about 9 years going on 10 years. Absolutely love it! It is super convenient, no pregnancies and if you're forgetful like I am it works GREAT! I tried the pill and that made me very nauseous so I decided to give Ortho Evra a try and it was the best decision I've ever made! My breasts grew but that's about the only side effect I experienced. Unfortunately I've been getting a lot of yeast infections recently so I'm going to try the Nuvaring to see if the Ortho patch is what's causing it (highly doubtful). Worth a try though. I highly recommend Ortho Evra.

December 26, 2013 11:29 PM

Review by olivestaff (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My boyfriend and I were getting pretty serious so I thought to ask my OB about birth control. I had read about the patch and thought why not, so she prescribed me it and I didn't even need to have an exam. This is my first time using birth control (I'm 16). So far, the patch is awesome. My acne cleared up, and my breasts have grown a bit. When I first started using it, I had some cramps but that may just have been because of my period although the cramps were worse where I had placed the patch. I felt nauseous for about a week but it was intermittent and went away. After that I felt completely fine. And I have discovered that the best place to put the patch is on your hip near your butt, that way it doesn't wrinkle.

December 26, 2013 1:43 PM