User Reviews for Sronyx

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ovarian Cysts 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sronyx reviews 72 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Sronyx

For Birth Control "The only good thing I can say about this pill is that I haven't gotten pregnant on it. My acne has gotten three times worse. Off the pill, I usually got one or two cysts around the time of my period, which was annoying but manageable. Ever since taking Sronyx, I get one or two new cysts almost daily. My mood swings are insane. My period comes at the same time every month, which I would thank Sronyx for if it didn't make me start bleeding two weeks before my period every month (so I essentially have been bleeding for two and a half weeks every month on this pill). I've heard that breakthrough bleeding can be common within the first three cycles of starting a new pill...if it continues after this cycle (my fourth) I'll definitely switch BC."

Christy38374 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Wanted a low dose oral BC after being off for about a year & a half. Was rx'd Sronyx from PP. I wanted low dose because I've dealt with depression before. This pill made me absolutely crazy. I felt ok the first week but I've never been more irritable, moody & depressed. I've had anxiety & literally feel like another person. Can't wait for this to clear my system"

PA2015fa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am in my early 40's and have been dealing with severely heavy bleeding, fibroids, and endometriosis. I was prescribed sronyx after a myomectomy I went through in order to help control my bleeding. However it hasn't worked for me. It's been 7 months since my procedure and although I has lighter bleeding the first couple of months after the procedure, my symptoms have all resurfaced. I am having heavy bleeding once again with cramps, clots, and lasts for about 9 days. Perhaps I need to try another pill?"

Jessmarie4u June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control when I had to go to an army hospital and they didn't have the one I was already taking (Minastrin 24, which was great)! The doctor said Syronx was the same as Minastrin 24, which was a lie. The first month of the syronx was okay, just a little more moody than usual and I thought I can handle that. The end of the second month was HORRIBLE. My acne was the worst it has ever been. I got acne here and there, mostly around the time of my period. This was something else, they were inflamed, painful hormonal acne all on my jawline and neck. My moodiness increased so much to the point my husband and I were arguing about the littlest things and he didn't even want to talk to me anymore and I kept bawling my eyes out."

Pamelaaaaaaaaaaa June 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Hey! I even on Sronyx for about 9 months now and it's been an overall good experience. My acne level has stayed the same. My periods used to be heavy all the way through for 7-8 days and now it's only 5-6 along with it becoming much lighter. The only downfall is I gained 10 pounds which is very abnormal for me since I am very active. so far I havn't gotten pregnant but I didn't use a condom yesterday for the first time since I started using it so we'll see how that goes! Overall a good product!"

Teenager on the pill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience with this pill was good at first but the after the second month it made me really moody and depressed. I also noticed my sexual desire decrease. I'm definitely switching soon"

Anonymous May 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Sronyx since giving birth for 6 months now. I noticed a crazy weight gain, my appetite has doubled and my mood change constantly. The good part is I have my period like a clock every month, lighter and for about 4-5 days."

maicha3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had the most irregular periods for years as well as horrible acne. When I would get my period I had really bad cramps and it was heavy. Since starting Sronyx 3 weeks ago I have been so happy and my sex drive is way higher. My acne has gotten much better and my boyfriend has said sex feels better (I agree) I should be getting my first period since starting the pill this week!"

Parker17 March 23, 2015

For Birth Control "Within the past year I've swapped birth control 3 times. All in all, I must say the 2 years that I used Sronyx, I had 0 complaints! If I did gain weight, it was minimal, my periods came like clockwork.. to the point I could almost gauge the hour it would start. I changed from it being ambitious in the hopes of not having to deal with something everyday. Worst mistake ever."

WhoIsDommie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this for 3 months (before that, I was on Orsythia for 6 months, but my ob-gyn switched me over for some reason). Since starting Sronyx, I've noticed my acne has gotten worse, but I've had an increased sex drive, lost weight, and my periods are very light and short! I would recommend it."

118901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Sronyx as a way to control the amount of blood I lose during my very heavy periods. I have been on it for about 5 months now and here is my experience with it. I feel very normal taking this pill. About Me: -Age: 24 -Weight: 105 -Ethnicity: Hispanic -Sexually Active -I eat healthy -Little to Moderate Exercise My Experience: -Period was lighter after 1st month and has continued to stay light. I used to bleed for 5-6 days heavily and get severe cramps. Now my periods are light and will last 3 days. I still get light cramps. -I have not gained weight. -Skin cleared up -No mood swings or depression. -Sex drive has not changed. -On occasions I will experience nausea after I eat. -I still PMS -NO 'breakthrough bleeding'"

And Rene (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2014

For Birth Control "At the beginning of take this medication I didn't notice any bad side effects until a few weeks after I began taking it. I would get heavy periods throughout the entire month, bad cramps, weight gain like crazy, and it's making my hair fall out. Also my mood swings have been all over the place. I would eat like I'm pregnant and be tired all the time. I haven't had any breast growth or pain, but my acne is horrible. I'm not pregnant so the pill worked there, but I'm going to stop taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I was taking this medication for two years and I never had any problems with it whatsoever. I started it mainly to regulate my period because I was very irregular. With the Syronx, I had a period every month. At first it would start on Sunday and go to the next Sunday, then it went to Wednesday night-Sunday night. I never had any moodiness, acne, weight gain or any side effects from it. Unfortunately my doctor made me stop using it due to "high blood pressure" I always take my blood pressure at home and it is usually 134/80. Of course it is going to be high at a doctors office. I am now on a all hormones pill called Nora-Be which I started yesterday morning. Not sure how I feel about not having an off week for the "sugar pills.""

xxRT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I am 21 and this is my first birth control pill since I got married. I've been taking it for 3 months or so. For me, it does an extremely good job with controlling my heavy periods, decreased cramps, bloating, fatique...etc etc. My periods are super stable and significantly less painful. However, the side effects I have gotten are decreased sex drive and mood swings. Even though this is only two side effects, it really affects my marriage (go figure). I am stopping this pill soon because I cannot stand the how emotionally unstable I am!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

For Birth Control "I took this medication for 2 years and found little trouble with it. Occasionally I would have longer periods, but more often than not I wouldn't have one at all. On average, I'd say I had a period every 2 months and every 4th period lasted for a week. I took this as an alternative to most birth controls, which were giving me migraines. This one only gave me a slight headache around the last couple days of the inactive pills and the first couple of days starting a new month, but nothing too terrible."

Jackie1349 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 22, 2014

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Taken the pill for 4 months now, after having no period for 6 months. Since I started the pill I have had two periods each pack, despite taking the pills like clockwork. I've also developed sore breasts and super painful cyst - like acne all the time. No weight gain, nausea, or blood pressure issues though. Not going to take this anymore!"

1ahs1ahs3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2014

For Birth Control "I had to switch from Aviane to Sronyx about 2 weeks ago because my pharmacy ran out of my normal pill and honestly I can not WAIT till this pack is done because I've gotten terrible side effects. I've gotten extreme nausea, crazy discharge, constipation, sore breasts and daily headaches. I've also been really irritable, I'm scared to see what my period will be like!"

humblebumble (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking Sronyx for about 3 weeks. I am on my 4th day on my inactive pills. Last night I woke up with really bad cramps and to a really heavy period. Which has never happened before my periods before birth control were very light and no cramping. I've also experience Breast growth, and a little weight gain."

Raine8 July 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I started on this almost a year ago. I noticed from the beginning my mood changed. I felt mad and annoyed more. But other than that, this is great! My period is never a surprise, and I'm not pregnant, so 10 stars."

Aubautumn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on Sronyx for over four years now. Even from the very beginning I have not experienced any negative side effects with one exception (spotting in between periods has happened three times before, but nothing major). I know birth control affects each woman differently. My personal experience with Sronyx has been a very positive one. I have had no mood swings, no cramps during period, no heavy periods, no problems with weight/acne, and no changes in sex drive. I give it a nine out of ten only because of the occasional spotting in between periods."

Victoria Fontaine July 2, 2014

For Birth Control "I went on this pill after being on the NuvaRing for several years, and I have never felt so depressed. My life is wonderful and relatively low stress, but everything seems like a hurdle while I'm taking this pill. Not to mention a severely decreased sex drive. I actually look forward to my period weeks when I don't have the hormones in my system! Definitely looking forward to going off this pill - almost a year of it and the only positive was not getting pregnant!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2014

For Birth Control "I'm taking Spronyx now after switching from Lo Loestrin Fe and It's only been 2 weeks and I'm already noticing major side effects. Vaginal dryness, itchiness, burning... Pain while urinating and just overall discomfort. I hate it I'm going to make an appointment soon."

Ihatepills16 June 15, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Sronyx for about 2 years now and I love it. I trust this birth control and it has decreased my blood flow during my period. I used to have extremely heavy blood flow and extreme fatigue during my period. After I started Sronyx my period is light and I don't cramp as bad as I used to. I did see a change in my mood but I have managed to control it and not display the moods that I feel."

Member2 May 8, 2014

For Birth Control "I'm 16 and have taken this pill for seven months. Pros: increase sex drive, little acne, not pregnant cons: slightly moody, period twice a month, bad cramping"

Su222 May 6, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking Sronyx for about a year now and it's been pretty a good to me. I am a bit more moody, and my appetite has increased a little with this pill (I've gained 10 pounds, but managed to lose 5). But, overall this is a good pill. It cleared up my acne and the appetite increase is manageable. I would recommend this pill."

Mermermer May 3, 2014