User Reviews for Sronyx

Ovarian Cysts 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sronyx reviews 64 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Sronyx

Review by WhoIsDommie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Within the past year I've swapped birth control 3 times. All in all, I must say the 2 years that I used Sronyx, I had 0 complaints! If I did gain weight, it was minimal, my periods came like clockwork.. to the point I could almost gauge the hour it would start. I changed from it being ambitious in the hopes of not having to deal with something everyday. Worst mistake ever.

February 24, 2015 10:47 AM

Review by 118901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on this for 3 months (before that, I was on Orsythia for 6 months, but my ob-gyn switched me over for some reason). Since starting Sronyx, I've noticed my acne has gotten worse, but I've had an increased sex drive, lost weight, and my periods are very light and short! I would recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 9:42 PM

Review by And Rene (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was prescribed Sronyx as a way to control the amount of blood I lose during my very heavy periods. I have been on it for about 5 months now and here is my experience with it. I feel very normal taking this pill. About Me: -Age: 24 -Weight: 105 -Ethnicity: Hispanic -Sexually Active -I eat healthy -Little to Moderate Exercise My Experience: -Period was lighter after 1st month and has continued to stay light. I used to bleed for 5-6 days heavily and get severe cramps. Now my periods are light and will last 3 days. I still get light cramps. -I have not gained weight. -Skin cleared up -No mood swings or depression. -Sex drive has not changed. -On occasions I will experience nausea after I eat. -I still PMS -NO 'breakthrough bleeding'

December 31, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: At the beginning of take this medication I didn't notice any bad side effects until a few weeks after I began taking it. I would get heavy periods throughout the entire month, bad cramps, weight gain like crazy, and it's making my hair fall out. Also my mood swings have been all over the place. I would eat like I'm pregnant and be tired all the time. I haven't had any breast growth or pain, but my acne is horrible. I'm not pregnant so the pill worked there, but I'm going to stop taking it.

December 22, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by xxRT (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I was taking this medication for two years and I never had any problems with it whatsoever. I started it mainly to regulate my period because I was very irregular. With the Syronx, I had a period every month. At first it would start on Sunday and go to the next Sunday, then it went to Wednesday night-Sunday night. I never had any moodiness, acne, weight gain or any side effects from it. Unfortunately my doctor made me stop using it due to "high blood pressure" I always take my blood pressure at home and it is usually 134/80. Of course it is going to be high at a doctors office. I am now on a all hormones pill called Nora-Be which I started yesterday morning. Not sure how I feel about not having an off week for the "sugar pills."

December 22, 2014 2:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I am 21 and this is my first birth control pill since I got married. I've been taking it for 3 months or so. For me, it does an extremely good job with controlling my heavy periods, decreased cramps, bloating, fatique...etc etc. My periods are super stable and significantly less painful. However, the side effects I have gotten are decreased sex drive and mood swings. Even though this is only two side effects, it really affects my marriage (go figure). I am stopping this pill soon because I cannot stand the how emotionally unstable I am!

November 9, 2014 8:17 PM

Review by Jackie1349 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I took this medication for 2 years and found little trouble with it. Occasionally I would have longer periods, but more often than not I wouldn't have one at all. On average, I'd say I had a period every 2 months and every 4th period lasted for a week. I took this as an alternative to most birth controls, which were giving me migraines. This one only gave me a slight headache around the last couple days of the inactive pills and the first couple of days starting a new month, but nothing too terrible.

October 22, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by 1ahs1ahs3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Taken the pill for 4 months now, after having no period for 6 months. Since I started the pill I have had two periods each pack, despite taking the pills like clockwork. I've also developed sore breasts and super painful cyst - like acne all the time. No weight gain, nausea, or blood pressure issues though. Not going to take this anymore!

August 24, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by humblebumble (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I had to switch from Aviane to Sronyx about 2 weeks ago because my pharmacy ran out of my normal pill and honestly I can not WAIT till this pack is done because I've gotten terrible side effects. I've gotten extreme nausea, crazy discharge, constipation, sore breasts and daily headaches. I've also been really irritable, I'm scared to see what my period will be like!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2014 3:43 AM

Review by Raine8:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Sronyx for about 3 weeks. I am on my 4th day on my inactive pills. Last night I woke up with really bad cramps and to a really heavy period. Which has never happened before my periods before birth control were very light and no cramping. I've also experience Breast growth, and a little weight gain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by Aubautumn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started on this almost a year ago. I noticed from the beginning my mood changed. I felt mad and annoyed more. But other than that, this is great! My period is never a surprise, and I'm not pregnant, so 10 stars.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Victoria Fontaine:

For Birth Control: I have been on Sronyx for over four years now. Even from the very beginning I have not experienced any negative side effects with one exception (spotting in between periods has happened three times before, but nothing major). I know birth control affects each woman differently. My personal experience with Sronyx has been a very positive one. I have had no mood swings, no cramps during period, no heavy periods, no problems with weight/acne, and no changes in sex drive. I give it a nine out of ten only because of the occasional spotting in between periods.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I went on this pill after being on the NuvaRing for several years, and I have never felt so depressed. My life is wonderful and relatively low stress, but everything seems like a hurdle while I'm taking this pill. Not to mention a severely decreased sex drive. I actually look forward to my period weeks when I don't have the hormones in my system! Definitely looking forward to going off this pill - almost a year of it and the only positive was not getting pregnant!

June 29, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by Ihatepills16:

For Birth Control: I'm taking Spronyx now after switching from Lo Loestrin Fe and It's only been 2 weeks and I'm already noticing major side effects. Vaginal dryness, itchiness, burning... Pain while urinating and just overall discomfort. I hate it I'm going to make an appointment soon.

June 15, 2014 2:12 AM

Review by Member2:

For Birth Control: I've been on Sronyx for about 2 years now and I love it. I trust this birth control and it has decreased my blood flow during my period. I used to have extremely heavy blood flow and extreme fatigue during my period. After I started Sronyx my period is light and I don't cramp as bad as I used to. I did see a change in my mood but I have managed to control it and not display the moods that I feel.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2014 5:57 PM

Review by Su222:

For Birth Control: I'm 16 and have taken this pill for seven months. Pros: increase sex drive, little acne, not pregnant cons: slightly moody, period twice a month, bad cramping

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2014 2:04 AM

Review by Mermermer:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Sronyx for about a year now and it's been pretty a good to me. I am a bit more moody, and my appetite has increased a little with this pill (I've gained 10 pounds, but managed to lose 5). But, overall this is a good pill. It cleared up my acne and the appetite increase is manageable. I would recommend this pill.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2014 9:36 PM

Review by Fancy340:

For Birth Control: So far I have been using this birth control for 1 month 2 weeks now. This is my first birth control. I'm 21 and ever since my period (before birth control) I've had bad crapping, vomiting sometimes, and nausea. Also I had irregular periods that last 10 days sometimes more. Now with this birth control I have regular periods (along with the help of iron pills prescribed by my obgyn) . I have no breakouts. No throwing up nothing. Did have slight headaches in the first week of use but it's gone now and NO BABIES.. (don't drink or smoke).

January 27, 2014 12:00 PM

Review by Theobromine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Sronyx for 4 months now. Everybody has a different reaction to different birth control pills but Sronyx is perfect for me. No bloating or weight gain, no breakouts, no mood swings, no period cramps at all (I previously had debilitating ones for several days out of the month), I know exactly when my period will start and end (used to be irregular), and best of all, no pregnancy! My breasts got slightly bigger and ached for about a month and a half, I did have breakthrough bleeding the first month I was on the pill, and the two times I've missed a pill and had to take 2 in one day it did make me nauseous, but all those things are completely to be expected. Overall, this pill is perfect for me.

January 13, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by destinyyjjade (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have gained 10 pounds. Doesn't affect my mood but does affect my sex drive a little. Went from a C cup to a double D. Sounds lovely but my breasts hurt most days out of the week. I eat way more then I used to.

November 15, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by TrekkieErin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was switched to Sronyx about a year ago, and at first I didn't notice any negative side effects... but about six months ago, my husband started to point out how mean I got when my period got closer. At first I brushed it off as PMS, but it got worse each month. In high school, before I was on the pill, I never got cramps, or had bad mood swings but now I'm constantly doubled over from cramping, I get irritable, and I NEVER know when my period will actually start. And I would break out like crazy! (I have acne-ridden wedding pictures as proof). The only good thing is that I didn't get pregnant. I'm glad I'm starting a new pill next month.

November 15, 2013 7:34 PM

Review by Kaychey (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been in the pill about 3 months , I switched from Nuvaring which was a nightmare so at first I was glad there were way less strong side effects. However I started birth control pills at 140lbs 3 months later I now weigh 157 . I am constantly bloated and I want to eat like I'm pregnant all the time. I also experience extreme mood swings which I'm sure are because of the pill ( my boyfriend noticed too) My sex drive is almost non existent on top of severe vaginal dryness. I also have cramps every time I get up suddenly , which although they are way less painful than the Nuvaring ones they are constant. Lets just say I'm getting off this pill next month & definitely excited .

November 10, 2013 5:24 PM

Review by Jujubees (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Sronyx for 4 weeks now and so far things I've noticed has been increased acne breakouts (not horribly), really bad bloating around my period, and some weight gain (luckily only 3 lbs). Other than that there hasn't been any other side affects.

November 10, 2013 7:45 AM

Review by Kit_Kat36 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for about 2 years now. It has made me gain over 40 pounds and increased my acne when I am on placebo pills. I am constantly depressed and eating more than when I was on other birth control pills. I am bloated and constantly having pregnancy scares. I am currently having abdominal cramps and white discharge, I have lighter and lighter periods. I do not drink or smoke, it feels there are more side effects with this type of birth control and I will take an at home pregnancy test. Other than that, the next doctor's visit I will most likely change my birth control.

October 7, 2013 3:54 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I am finishing my third pack of Sronyx and I love it. I didn't really have any problems adjusting. The first month I did experience breast pain, one week of irritability and just a couple days of spotting. I had a couple of zits pop up around my period when I was off of the active pills. By the end of the second month my skin is fine! I can honestly say this is a really good starter birth control pill. The low dose of hormones makes the transition very easy. My advice, of course you will most likely experience some sort of side effect because of the hormones. Don't let the fear of a couple of zits or a few hormonal days keep you from trying it. It's worth it.

October 4, 2013 5:02 PM