User Reviews for Sronyx

Ovarian Cysts 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sronyx reviews 47 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Sronyx

Review by Fancy340: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: So far I have been using this birth control for 1 month 2 weeks now. This is my first birth control. I'm 21 and ever since my period (before birth control) I've had bad crapping, vomiting sometimes, and nausea. Also I had irregular periods that last 10 days sometimes more. Now with this birth control I have regular periods (along with the help of iron pills prescribed by my obgyn) . I have no breakouts. No throwing up nothing. Did have slight headaches in the first week of use but it's gone now and NO BABIES.. (don't drink or smoke).

January 27, 2014 12:00 PM
Review by Theobromine (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Sronyx for 4 months now. Everybody has a different reaction to different birth control pills but Sronyx is perfect for me. No bloating or weight gain, no breakouts, no mood swings, no period cramps at all (I previously had debilitating ones for several days out of the month), I know exactly when my period will start and end (used to be irregular), and best of all, no pregnancy! My breasts got slightly bigger and ached for about a month and a half, I did have breakthrough bleeding the first month I was on the pill, and the two times I've missed a pill and had to take 2 in one day it did make me nauseous, but all those things are completely to be expected. Overall, this pill is perfect for me.

January 13, 2014 2:02 AM
Review by destinyyjjade (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have gained 10 pounds. Doesn't affect my mood but does affect my sex drive a little. Went from a C cup to a double D. Sounds lovely but my breasts hurt most days out of the week. I eat way more then I used to.

November 15, 2013 9:55 PM
Review by TrekkieErin (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was switched to Sronyx about a year ago, and at first I didn't notice any negative side effects... but about six months ago, my husband started to point out how mean I got when my period got closer. At first I brushed it off as PMS, but it got worse each month. In high school, before I was on the pill, I never got cramps, or had bad mood swings but now I'm constantly doubled over from cramping, I get irritable, and I NEVER know when my period will actually start. And I would break out like crazy! (I have acne-ridden wedding pictures as proof). The only good thing is that I didn't get pregnant. I'm glad I'm starting a new pill next month.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2013 7:34 PM
Review by Kaychey (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been in the pill about 3 months , I switched from Nuvaring which was a nightmare so at first I was glad there were way less strong side effects. However I started birth control pills at 140lbs 3 months later I now weigh 157 . I am constantly bloated and I want to eat like I'm pregnant all the time. I also experience extreme mood swings which I'm sure are because of the pill ( my boyfriend noticed too) My sex drive is almost non existent on top of severe vaginal dryness. I also have cramps every time I get up suddenly , which although they are way less painful than the Nuvaring ones they are constant. Lets just say I'm getting off this pill next month & definitely excited .

November 10, 2013 5:24 PM
Review by Jujubees (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Sronyx for 4 weeks now and so far things I've noticed has been increased acne breakouts (not horribly), really bad bloating around my period, and some weight gain (luckily only 3 lbs). Other than that there hasn't been any other side affects.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2013 7:45 AM
Review by Kit_Kat36 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for about 2 years now. It has made me gain over 40 pounds and increased my acne when I am on placebo pills. I am constantly depressed and eating more than when I was on other birth control pills. I am bloated and constantly having pregnancy scares. I am currently having abdominal cramps and white discharge, I have lighter and lighter periods. I do not drink or smoke, it feels there are more side effects with this type of birth control and I will take an at home pregnancy test. Other than that, the next doctor's visit I will most likely change my birth control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 7, 2013 3:54 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am finishing my third pack of Sronyx and I love it. I didn't really have any problems adjusting. The first month I did experience breast pain, one week of irritability and just a couple days of spotting. I had a couple of zits pop up around my period when I was off of the active pills. By the end of the second month my skin is fine! I can honestly say this is a really good starter birth control pill. The low dose of hormones makes the transition very easy. My advice, of course you will most likely experience some sort of side effect because of the hormones. Don't let the fear of a couple of zits or a few hormonal days keep you from trying it. It's worth it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 4, 2013 5:02 PM
Review by Rbrady87 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Sronyx for 5 months now. I had Mirena previously which was a nightmare but that's another story. Since I started this pill I've had no problems or side-effects until recently. I am now constantly bloated, abdominal pain which varies, upset stomach and white vaginal discharge. I have no idea what has brought upon these symptoms but it is quite annoying. I have taken a pregnancy test just to rule out causes and test was negative. Overall this medication does serve its purpose and if no further problems I will continue to use it.

September 22, 2013 1:37 AM
Review by tweezlii (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking Sronyx for about 4 months now and I did not experience any negative side affects. My acne is a lot better than before I took the pills too! One weird thing I've noticed about my experience with Sronyx is that I'll have my period while I'm taking the white pills then have another small period again when I take the orange pills. It gets a little annoying but it's nothing I can't handle. Wish I didn't have to go through that. Other than that, Sronyx birth control is the first type of birth control I've ever taken and I'm really satisfied with it.

August 30, 2013 11:09 AM
Review by Don't Like it (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have more headaches than usual and I am always bloated and hungry with non-stop cravings. The only good thing is that my periods go from light to barely there. I love that aspect. I never had any skin issues so that was not my concern. I take pills to regulate my cycle, which it does. But I can do without the headaches and weight gain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2013 9:53 AM
Review by Penguin_93: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I liked this pill a lot after switching from Ortho Tri Cyclen. I was able to lose the weight that I had gained with Ortho Tri Cyclen, and I haven't been craving food all the time. This pill hasn't negatively affected my skin as far as I can tell, and I haven't had any problems with breakthrough bleeding or irregular periods. I am almost done my second month however, and I have started to notice that my sex drive has seemed to decrease and it has made me constantly dry during intercourse.

August 5, 2013 5:03 PM
Review by Thegirlyouneverknew (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: My skin looks amazing and my weight is the same. One bad side effect. My depression has increased.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 23, 2013 9:21 PM
Review by anonymous92: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have only been on Sronyx for a week and a half and I already feel as if I am gaining a large amount of weight. I took Aviane for a year prior (I was off birth control in between Aviane and Sronyx for about a year) and found that I lost weight on that pill. I'm wondering if weight gain is just an initial side effect of Sronyx and that I'll eventually go back to my normal weight?

July 19, 2013 7:49 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have just finished my Second month on Sronyx. First of all I had clear skin before I started taking this birth control pill, right after I began to take the pills my forehead started to breakout in pimples. I was very unhappy about that but my doctor told me to wait it out for the first 3 months in order for my body to adjust to the hormones. While on my second month I broke out BAD the week before my period but it was due to my period coming up. My only side effect is me breaking out, if it weren't for that I would be giving it a 10! I have no other side effects or mood swings which I love and it actually helps me control my hunger I don't feel as hungry as I did before which has helped me lose about 8 lbs!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 7, 2013 7:32 PM
Review by love 10: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: At first when I started taking it I loved it. I get my period on time, till I started to feel depressed and moody all the time. I used to have my face clear till now, now I have like a rash on my face and I can't get rid of it so I'm going to stop taking it because it makes me cry all the time over nothing, and my skin isn't the same anymore!

May 20, 2013 11:23 PM
Review by Heather13AZ: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Balanced me out and cleared up my face - and of course keeps me from getting pregnant.

May 14, 2013 6:11 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Sronyx for about a year now, & the only problems I ever had was the moodiness during the first two months and breakthrough bleeding for a month straight. Other than that, I love it. I have no intension of switching. I recommend it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 8, 2013 1:33 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have had no problems. I'm am half way through my second week and have not experienced any difficulties. I am hoping it will control my appetite, though. Gave it a 10.

April 24, 2013 3:09 PM
Review by Tess Trudeau: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is my first month on this name brand. Before I used Lessina, which I used for one year and my pharmacist said it's the same pill under a different name. I have much lighter periods with almost non-existent cramps. My periods are 1 day shorter. I do have a light PMS for about a week before hand, which doesn't thrill me, but it's worth the trade off. I have no emotional side effects, and my sex drive seems the same. I still have good vaginal lubrication, which was an issue for me with a different birth control, so I am happy about that. My weight has been up and down my whole life, so I can't blame the birth control. I'm a happy camper with Sronyx. I wish it was cheaper, though.

April 14, 2013 8:56 PM
Review by DianaMP (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Sronyx for about 4 weeks now. The 2nd week into it I was extremely moody and emotional. I've always been physically active, but lately its made me lethargic. It definitely increased my appetite and now that I'm on my fourth week, I'm extremely bloated.

April 9, 2013 7:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: After a few hours of taking the first pill, I felt slightly sick and sleepy. I woke up feeling down and took the next pill, about three hours later I was nauseous and sick to my stomach. I threw up after the 5 hours of nausea and finally felt a little better. On the third day I didn't take it because I was already feeling emotional and depressed, not to mention still sick and slightly week. A birth control pill has never affected me this way before.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2013 11:54 AM
Review by Chrissy12: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: My experience with this pill is good and bad, after reading everyones comments I realize that I am more moody and tired. I also wanna cry over the smallest things. I too have lost 15 lbs on this pill (weight I could not afford to lose by the way) and my appetite has severely dropped. But my periods are on the exact day everyone month, and my acne is gone except for the week of my period.

February 20, 2013 5:14 PM
Review by SadPanda0: User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 3 1/2 months. I only had breakthrough bleeding the first month, and I never experienced nausea. I had small headaches, but those didn't bother me. However, over the past 2 1/2 months, I have been the most depressed, fatigued, and angry I have ever been in my entire life. I don't want to do anything or see friends or family, and it only lessens when I'm on my placebo week, so I know this isn't a coincidence anymore.

January 29, 2013 5:09 PM
Review by WeakTummy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Been on one month and 2 weeks. Unlike other birth controls I had no nausea. Which was great I am always sick taking any other birth control pills. But unfortunately my acne gets too bad the week I take the inactive pills, so I am looking into different birthcontrols.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate