User Reviews for Sronyx

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 162 medications

3.8
Summary of Sronyx reviews 94 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Sronyx

For Birth Control "It did it's job, but came with some nasty side effects. Gained weight and it absolutely killed my sex drive."

krs1993 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on the patch a year ago but everytime i put the patch on after my period i got severe nausea that left me in bed ALL day. I put up with this bc i loved the ease of the patch but it became too much. My college gyno switched me to sronyx. I love it! At first i got some cramps with my period which i had never gotten before but after a month of being on it that has gone away. I did not gain weight at all & actually lost weight, though that may be from other problems (GERD). My period is also lighter and shorter. The only negative side effects i can say are that within the first month and a half i was VERY moody. I got angry very easily, but that has gotten better. i also get more breakouts (chest, face, and back) but they are very minor."

Second Times the Charm (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Sronyx for 2 years and I never had any issues with it. It did lighten my periods, as well as shorten them. I was sexually active for those 2 years and I never got pregnant, so it did its job. I did notice some months I got pretty bad breast tenderness during my period, but it wasn't every single month."

Erks May 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I recommend not taking this medication!! I wake up in the middle of the night with nausea and vomiting, breast tenderness that hurts soooooo bad and also it raised my blood pressure. I had perfect blood pressure until I started taking this medicine. It makes me feel dizzy, I just didn't feel like myself at all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Before taking sronyx I used to take loestrin 24 fe and I had no problems with that I enjoyed it ..my doctor prescribed me sronyx recently and as soon as I took this bc I gained about 5 lbs the first month even though I exercise for almost 2 hours 4-5 times a week and my appetite has increased ...I have never felt so hungry to the point where i feel like I'm going to snap! My stomach growls also from so much hunger even though I ate 1-2 hours before!! This pill made me so irritable and angry at everyone around me ! I hate this pill , I am switching !"

Lucero_ April 30, 2016

For Birth Control "This is only my second month on birth control. The first month I was taking orsythia and it made my acne disappear within two weeks and I absolutely loved it. I had no issues and my boobs were starting to grow very slowly. I'm about three weeks into syronx and my acne has worsened.. I feel like scarface. My boyfriend and I have great sex so thats the only good thing about this. I've gained a couple pounds but well.. I am only three weeks in and I have been a little stressed... so HOPEFULLY my skin goes back to normal..If not, I'm switching back to orsythia!"

asdfghjklaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This medicine is absolutely terrible. After three months of using it my hair has fallen out so much so that I can see my scalp very visibly and it's very very embarrassing. I stopped taking it and am now considering a copper iud. No more hormones for me."

justwanthelp_julia (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had a severe reaction to this medication. I will never recommend this to anyone!! Severe acne all over my face, neck, chest, & back. I gained 6 lbs in the first week, and then 3 more the next week. I had a headache that never went away."

MAS13 April 23, 2016

For Birth Control "Well I've just started my first pack of it and I'm on the sugar pills now but about 1 week ago, I had sex without a condom so we'll see how that goes."

Teenager on the pill (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Ever since I've been taking this I wake up throwing up in the middle of the night- yuck!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Sronyx for almost 2 years now and haven't had any issues! My cramps and periods length have lessened. The only thing I can think of is I got moodier after I started taking it during my periods."

nicnoo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

For Birth Control "Took this a while back, it was ok I just wanted to regulate my cycle when it did I got off for a while. My hormones out of wack again so I started them again, I have mid back length hair and its pretty healthy I washed my hair since taking these and noticed tremendous hair loss. Not good!"

Missy meme January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been in this for only 10 days and it is now in the trashcan. I became increasingly depressed each day and my vision has worsened."

Firecracker73 January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on birth control for 7 years. Every couple of years I end up having to change it because even though it worked for a year I start bleeding all the time. I started taking sronyx about 2 months ago and I've opted to just stop all together while my husband is deployed. Since taking this I have been bleeding, my boobs hurt so bad even wearing a bra hurts, and I'm so nauseous I feel like I'm constantly running to the bathroom. I also have very bad acid reflux and heart burn which I haven't had in about 4 years. And after reading some of the other reviews realized how moody I've been. Not to my husband thank god but to everyone else. I have also noticed I want bad food all the time. I don't recommend."

shaynalayna December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Sronyx for 2 weeks. Previously, I took Generess for 4 years. Loved it. Stopped because insurance will only cover the new generic version and it caused irregular periods for me. The purpose for taking BC/Sronyx is to shorten and lighten my periods because of my anemia. So far, I have experienced the following side effects: - Bloat/Weight gain (4 lbs) - Moodiness/Irritability (severe) - Acne (I've NEVER had acne issues until now!) - Chest/side neck pain - Breast Swelling/Tenderness (for some reason my right breast hurts more often) - Scalp/skin itchiness - Trouble wearing contacts (dry eyes, mild burning sensation at times) Overall: I do not recommend this BC. My body doesn't like it at all. Looking to switch immediately."

Lucky99 December 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Syronx to calm my cramping and bleeding on my period and I have not been pleased. I take my pill around 8:30 every night and since I have been taking it I have woken up each night with nausea, dizziness, and bloating. I am not too pleased."

MaddieS November 16, 2015

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed this Birth Control to me to help resolve the intense cramping and heavy bleeding I have on my period. I have been taking the pill for two days and I can already tell that this will be struggle. I have already started vomiting, getting headaches and nausea and like I said, it's only been a couple of days. Hoping that my experience gets better."

Madelynn (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Birth Control "My clinic kept switching my pills about a year ago claiming they were the same but just the generic kind. I was on sronyx last year for about 6 months. It was fine at first but then I began to get moody. Constantly angry all the time and was a complete witch to my boyfriend. I'm glad he stuck by me after what I had put him through. I gave this two stars because I did not get pregnant while on this but the way it made me feel, I will never forget. I wasn't myself and I'm glad I switched to something better!"

Hkiiddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill is ok. But it causes severe cramping. And mood swings. Irritability and crying seem to be a big issue I couldn't deal with. I was hungry all the time. Severe abdominal bloating was associated. Not sure if it was water weight or what. But I eat well. Normally no sugar in my diet. Run 2 miles a day 5 days a week and a ton of water. But this pill made me gain weight. After 6 months I got off and have switched to nuvaring. I love it no side effects this far."

B333 September 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Well I've been on sronyx for about 9 months now. I was prescribed this as a change from my old birth control (can't recall name). The only reason why I changed was because the pill would make me hate my boyfriend and I would be in the worst mood all the time. The change has definitely been worth it. I didn't gain weight with either pills or broke out. My boobs would get tender and really sensitive. but I guess that's normal I'm definitely not as moody as before ."

Anonymous September 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I had the birth control in my arm for 3 months, I took it our cause I was bleeding constantly. My doctor said I should switched to the pill. I took it for about 3months, I always got my period almost on the same day, I usually had it for more than 5days! I was a healthy 19 year old, I ended up having a stroke while pregnant. I was 7 weeks pregnant ,I lost my balance , I can't walk well, doctors have no explanation for it besides taking the pill. I'm in rehab trying to walk, please don't take this!"

yeccenia August 25, 2015

For Birth Control "Been taking this BC for a little over six months now. It's a huge upgrade from my previous BC (Aubra). Periods are always on time and short, usually about 3 or 4 days. Only downfall I find with this prescription is the mood swings. My sex drive stayed pretty stable and haven't noticed any changes in weight (although I do believe my appetite has increased). Overall, I recommend it."

Shelbssssss August 21, 2015

For Birth Control "The only good thing I can say about this pill is that I haven't gotten pregnant on it. My acne has gotten three times worse. Off the pill, I usually got one or two cysts around the time of my period, which was annoying but manageable. Ever since taking Sronyx, I get one or two new cysts almost daily. My mood swings are insane. My period comes at the same time every month, which I would thank Sronyx for if it didn't make me start bleeding two weeks before my period every month (so I essentially have been bleeding for two and a half weeks every month on this pill). I've heard that breakthrough bleeding can be common within the first three cycles of starting a new pill...if it continues after this cycle (my fourth) I'll definitely switch BC."

Christy38374 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "Wanted a low dose oral BC after being off for about a year & a half. Was rx'd Sronyx from PP. I wanted low dose because I've dealt with depression before. This pill made me absolutely crazy. I felt ok the first week but I've never been more irritable, moody & depressed. I've had anxiety & literally feel like another person. Can't wait for this to clear my system"

PA2015fa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am in my early 40's and have been dealing with severely heavy bleeding, fibroids, and endometriosis. I was prescribed sronyx after a myomectomy I went through in order to help control my bleeding. However it hasn't worked for me. It's been 7 months since my procedure and although I has lighter bleeding the first couple of months after the procedure, my symptoms have all resurfaced. I am having heavy bleeding once again with cramps, clots, and lasts for about 9 days. Perhaps I need to try another pill?"

Jessmarie4u June 24, 2015