User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Ovarian Cysts 4 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 37 reviews 162 medications

3.9
Summary of Seasonique reviews 216 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Seasonique

For Birth Control "I would absolutely recommend seasonique! I have been on this pill for close to 5 years if not longer and I have had no bad experiences other than a little weight gain (about 10lbs) but that is to be expected. I take my pill at the same time every day and have never had any spotting at all. My periods are less than 5 days and sometimes last only 2-3 days and I have little to no cramps!"

Blondie 76 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control makes me incredibly nauseous. I had to miss a day of work due to the nausea. I have been on birth control in the past and realize taking it in the evening is the best choice but that does not help. I also take it with food and I am still nauseous. I feel like I have morning sickness all over again from my pregnancy. Switching pills....enough said."

Jam84 March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "On week 3 of taking this pill. i dont know how i will tolerate it for 2 more months. we'll see if i can stick it out. am taking this as part of addressing anemia resulting from several fibroids. I will give it 2 more weeks, but have severe cramps, so bad that i have left work early, which is why i am on this to begin with.....for heavy bleeding and pain."

strongcoffee March 18, 2016

For Birth Control "It's birth control and I feel with every birth control I have had, I have similar side effects - low sex drive, about 10 pounds weight gain that WILL NOT go away (workout 6 days a week & eat paleo). But, it works in controlling my endometriosis pain and my periods only last about 4-5 days. If you start spotting, stop taking the pill and have a period! That's how you get it to stop. I have been taking this for 10 years and I take it at the same time and still have spotting, but that's just when happens when you try to tell your body to stop a natural process. If you have endometriosis, I recommend this pill OTHERWISE get a regular, 1 month pill which will give you less side effects while still working at a method of contraceptive."

AMFrenz March 14, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I love Seasonique! I have been using it for about 4 years. I was diagnosed with extremely painful ovarian cysts in 2012 and my obgyn suggested I take hormones. When she said I could take a scripT where I would only have 4 periods a YEAR I jumped at it. I noticed a difference right away. The only problem with this is I have A LOT, pretty much constant vaginal discharge (due to the progesterone). It's clear and watery. But this is manageable for me and for all the benefits of the pill for me: worth it. I love the fact that I only have 4 periods a year. And insurance (BCBS) covers 100% of the cost for me!"

Annabella98 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Started spotting 3rd week starting seasonique generic camrese. Bleeding was very minimal spotting the first week. But I am now on my 9 th day and started passing clots. My periods before starting seasonique were at most 5-6 days long I've never in my life experience bleeding for so long. I started this bc in hopes of not having so many periods and since I was very irregular I wanted to control it. Only thing so far I've experienced is more bleeding!!! I'm getting married in 3 months what am I supposed to do if this bleeding doesn't stop?! Does anyone suggestions? Otherwise I'm thinking of just stopping altogether"

Notsohappy February 27, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "Two weeks after beginning Seasonique, I began developing severe cramps and heavy bleeding. I went to the doctor who prescribed it to me and he told me to wait it out and to continue taking it. However, about a week later, I was in such severe pain (and extremely nauseous) that I had to be taken to the emergency room. The ER doc said that my symptoms were likely due to the birth control pill, as the body can take two to three months to adjust to it. However, she advised me to stop the pill because I had been bleeding for three weeks and was having severe cramps (worse than my usual periods). I would not recommend this pill to anyone, and I don't know if I'd ever be willing to try another birth control pill again after this awful experience."

CaroD February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "An incredible birth control. Do not be turned off by people saying they bled or spotted for weeks or months - this is only because it must be started at a specific point in your cycle. It stopped my period for three months without any spotting until it was finally due. My only complaint is that the bleeding lasted a few days longer than usual, but that is it. I didn't even experience the horrible cramps I previously did. An excellent birth control I recommend for both regulating/stopping your period and as an actual birth control."

taja27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this pill for 5 weeks. I started it the 3rd day of my period as my Dr instructed. It seemed to make my period go away! That was nice. I have consistently taken the pill every morning at approx the same time. I have not spotted at all. I have not been on any pill in at least 15 years. I'm 35 with heavy periods and cramps and taking it just for that. As my cycle is around 35 days I'm anxious to see if it shows up or if this pill is already working! I hope it's working because I've been a hormonal mess and my skin has been breaking out. Pros and cons are currently even."

Aos (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Works great but you need to take it on time."

jules463 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for a year and a half. It took my body over 6 months to finally adjust to this pill and stop spotting. Cramps are worsened when my period finally does come. The only benefits of this pill is its effectiveness of pregnancy prevention and fewer periods. The following are just a few of my negative side effects I%u2019ve had since starting this pill: -dry eyes -anxiety -heart palpitations -extreme appetite increase -20 pound weight gain and cannot lose it! -dry skin -cellulite -spider veins -random PMS -tired/low energy all the time -dry brittle hair/hair thinning -extreme bloating -headaches -yeast infections once a month (never had them before the pill) -more discharge -different body odor Stopping this pill ASAP!"

Ally77777 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 17, 2015

For Birth Control "So I am a 18 year old girl who honestly frequently is not on time with each and every pill. I stared taking seasonique on November 1st, 2015 because I have heavy bleeding when my periods occur. Since that day I have bled (a little lighter than normally but nothing too significant) until this day (December 7th, 2015) which is a MONTH AND A WEEK OF BLEEDING. I now have anemia from bleeding for so long. I do not recommend this birth control pill due to my horrible experience with it."

graceeeeeeeeeeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Horrible! If you want constant spotting to bleeding..depression and hair loss...this will do it! This causes hair loss."

k.ewew December 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on seasonique for years and I've never had a problem, some occasional spotting."

vebb December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Seasonique for over a year. For the first six months I had non-stop spotting which made sex embarrasing. But I have endometreosis and thought having no pain outweighed the spotting. Now I have two new problems: I am overweight by 15 lbs and can't lose the weight even though I work out 4 times a week and eat very healthy. I have also lost all my sex drive! At this point I am thinking of going back to my gyno and finding another solution. The cons far outweigh the pros for me."

michelle2015 November 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Loved this birth control, had to change because changed insurance and new insurance would not pay for it. I began taking this my freshman year of college (did gain the freshman 15- well, 17) but I assumed the weight gain was due to stress and eating Taco Bell and drinking. The first few months I had some problems but eventually got on some anxiety medicine and been fine ever since! I loved having my period only every 3 months. No acne. Great birth control! Would recommend to anyone."

Jfoster10 November 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on the iud for 2 years and it wasn't painful but did weird things to my body so I switched to seasonique this pasted July. I bled for a while after the change but I figured I would. After that the bleeding completely stopped no cramps or nothing no spotting either. My only side effect now after 1 pack is breast tenderness which isn't the worst but feels like I got a boob job. Really like this for my migraines right now too has helped quite a bit for them as well."

Keishm (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on the pill for a little over a month and I'm stopping. I'm extremely anemic and I asked my doc for this to help with my periods. They were getting increasingly heavy and painful and making my anemia worse. I started taking the generic of this pill and in 1 month gained 10 pounds. Then I started spotting and got a full blown period month 1. This period is heavier than normal and has zapped me of all my energy. It has lasted 7 days of constant normal to heavy bleeding that doesn't seem like its going to stop. The blood is still fresh bright red so it doesn't looking like its stopping soon. Also this week of bleeding has made me extremely emotional. I almost quit my job! I feel very angry, irritated, annoyed, depressed."

Royalq October 31, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am on my 2nd pack on my third month of pills. I have been on the generic brand of seasonique called Ashlyna starting on my 6 months. the first month as soon as I started I thought it was going to be awesome. by the second month I started bleeding and bled like a heavy period for a little over 3 weeks. called my doctor she said that my body just had to get used to it. the third month just fine and the 4th month as well. The fifth month I started spotting here and there but nothing serious.Now I am starting on my 6 month and on the last pack and I have been spotting since October 6 and just got a heavy period today and I am not due for a period till 3 more weeks. I am going to wait it out and see what happens. good luck everyone."

Shelly3215 October 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This BC was great for the first pack then I started bleeding non stop heavy. Bleeding stopped as soon as I quit taking it!! Never again!!!"

Fedup23 October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Seasonique was absolutely horrible for me. I bled heavily for three months straight. The bleeding went from spotting to the point where clots the size of my fist were coming out. I had to take medical leave from my job because the bleeding was so bad. I ended up needing a D&C to clear everything out and start fresh with no birth control. While Seasonique was totally free with my insurance, it cost me tons in heavy-duty sanitary products, hospital bills, and lost wages."

LeeAnn4162 October 17, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this medicine for a little over two years. I started taking it to help with my acne. That's the one thing that's been consistent about it. When I started it in 2013, I bled for a month which was normal and then I stopped. It worked really well (only one period every three months) for about a year. Then my pharmacy gave me generic which screwed everything up. I broke out, bled heavily, and my hormones went crazy. After two weeks on generic I was forced to pay the fee to get the name brand back. Since then it hasn't been the same. My obgyn says it is because my body is immune to it. I start bleeding two weeks into the pack, spot all the way until my period, and then the process starts all over again. I have gained 20 pounds..."

Quinn12345678 October 15, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been in this medication for almost 5 years. My Dr gave it to me because the bleeding I had after having my son was so bad that it made me weak. His wife was on this medication and talked to me about it. I have seen information about it for many years and thought I would try it. I was lucky enough to have a Dr tell me that I can take the pill continually for the whole time and when it was time to take the yellow pills to go ahead and take the first pill of the new pack. After having my son I have always been a "bigger girl" and just this past summer I have started to lose weight. Yes I had spotting but that was due to me losing 4 inches in my belly."

Azmomma (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm about to start on the placebo pills and I'm intensely considering not starting the new pack. When I first started this birth control I had mild nausea and light cramping. Since then I've gained 10 pounds, I'm tired, nauseous, and bloated all the time. For me it's been all the fun pregnancy symptoms without actually conceiving (Doctor confirms my ego is not preggo) so I'm seriously debating on stopping it. My lifestyle three months ago is no different than my lifestyle now with the exception of this stinky little pill, and I can say that I am definitely unhappier now."

BirthControlHatesMe (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking the generic of Seasonique on August 16th. It is now October 11th and I have not stopped bleeding. It's the equivalent of a moderate period. I am trying to wait it out and take it through the end of the first pack to see if the bleeding subsides, but I still have another 5 weeks and I'm not sure it's worth it."

Care16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2015