User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 3 reviews 98 medications

4.2
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Seasonique reviews 181 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Seasonique

For Birth Control "Seasonique is the absolute worst birth control ever. I have been spotting for two weeks. I chose this birth control to control the heaviness of my periods, however, I cannot say that it has made my periods any better. I rather just have my period for 5-6 days and have cramping rather than go through with spotting for two weeks with cramps. I'm definitely going to my doctor to change my birth control."

HaileyL July 25, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on Seasonique for 4 weeks now and started bleeding 3 days ago. Not spotting, but full blown bleeding non-stop. I called my OB and the nurse told me to basically deal with it until my body gets used to the drug. She said it could take months, that I could potentially be bleeding, non-stop for the next three months or more she had no idea when it would stop. I was not aware of this when I agreed to this pill, and it is not listed on the side effects. Breakthrough bleeding or spotting is NOT having basically your period for months! For me it doesn't matter if after 3 months it works like a charm, if you randomly get your period for long lengths of time - it defeats the lure of this product."

Swagner881 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I love taking seasonique, I spotted on and off for the first three months after starting this birth control pill and after that I never had an issue with it. I have been on this since March 2011. My periods are also so light that they are barely noticeable and last three days tops, so I really only have my period for 12 days a year. That is perfectly great by me. However I recently decided to stop taking birth control as I have not been sexually active and do not plan to be anytime soon and since I stopped taking this is in April 2015 I have gained 15 pounds regardless of working out 5x a week and limiting my diet and my diet has only improved over the last five years."

Anonymous1990 July 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for about 1 1/2 years now and at first it worked great at keeping me on a schedule. However at this point, if I forget to take it just for one day within a month of the day I'm supposed to start the placebo, then I'm going to start on the missed day instead. It seems like it's losing it's strength on me because I'm getting more acne around "that" time. The hormone fluctuations are still pretty obvious to my body because I still get migraines. No change in cramps, but as long as they're not worse, I'm okay with it. With those negatives out of the way, I can say that I haven't gained any weight and as long as I don't forget, it does a pretty good job of keeping me on the 90 day schedule."

clumzyklutz (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been in Seasonique for 9, almost 10 years. I take my pill everyday at the same time, even if I have to take in the middle of a an outing. Forgetting to take the pill isn't an option for me. I've never had any major side effects and on the rare occasion I have a little breakthrough bleeding, I take the pill with 1000mg of vitamin C ( if you do the research it increases the impact of the estrogen in the pill, therefore slowing and then effectively stopping the breakthrough bleeding). It usually takes 2 days and it's over. Sometimes I take 2 packs continuously and don't have a period for 6 months, my OBGYN is fine with this. I say give it a try, take it at the same time everyday !!!!"

kismetangel (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2015

For Endometriosis "I was on this for 7 weeks before stopping to try to conceive. It was wonderful in that it finally took away the pelvic pain I continued to have on other pills. I had a light period within three days of stopping it. I've had two full cycles since, and they've both been shorter than usual, with a short (8-10 days) luteal phase. I'm hoping this sorts itself out soon. Unfortunately I don't see myself taking this again, because it made my migraines much more frequent, and gave me fairly bad heart palpitations. A less troubling complaint was increased acne."

Lyss2222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control pill I have ever used. I have taken it regularly daily and have bled for nearly three weeks with awful cramping. Plus the nausea was so overwhelming. My appetite has been nonexistent. My period came very regularly before going on Seasonique, every 28 days. But to bleed before the yellow pills and for nearly a month? I was checked out by my obgyn and there is no cause for this but this pill is not a good fit for me."

Momofgiz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "On my second month. Just starting to get spotty (panty liner is enough) but nothing that isn't manageable. The first 2 weeks I had minor headaches and nausea but it went away. Very tender breasts, still. So far month one--no period. Yay. Great not to have a period but if the spotting gets worse (I think it may) that kind of defeats the whole purpose long term. I'm using this to stop periods while training for a half marathon. So for it's purpose for now, I'm fine. As far as sexual activity, it would be uncomfortable because the spotting is dark and slimy and weird. But that's not an issue now.... So pros and cons. But no period 3 months in a row (hopefully) , that's all right my me!"

HungryPanda1 June 6, 2015

For Endometriosis "I used this b.c pill for month and suffered from a lot of side effect. Being extremely emotional and cry for no reason. Heavy bloated and abdominal pain that I couldn't realized if that is a symptom of endo or what? Headaches, difficulty sleeping at night, shortness of breath I stopped after a month and most of symptoms are gone never going back on this pill again. Now I'm using visanne just for 3 month as per my GP to see if endo is shrinking. Much better choice so far."

rubyn nor May 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Seasonique since grade 10 of high school because my periods were very irregular. For the first year and a half it worked perfectly with no side effects whatsoever. But now every third month of the pack, I spot heavily the whole time. I have brought more liners and pads then I ever would have had to. I absolutely love having my period only 4 times a year but now its like I'm having a month long period every 3 months. I am considering switching to something else because I don't know if I can keep living with it. If anyone has an explanation for why this is happening please share it with me."

Confused and Annoyed (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Most of these reviews are terrifying so I wanted to share my experience... 1) One of the biggest differences with tricyclic BC (3 months) from the once a month kind is the likelihood of spotting is much greater. On the first pack I spotted months 2-3. (yep..2 months pretty much). That being said it was so light I could've probably used the same panty liner all day & been fine. Also, my BF isn't a child & wasn't bothered by it. I found it mostly annoying. The second pack I'm still spotting but only for 1 month, also very light. I suspect it will not happen on the next pack. Minor nausea was my only other side effect. No libido change, no weight gain, mood change, etc. Not perfect, but I love it. It's going to be different for each person."

Nikkii09 May 9, 2015

For Birth Control "This is by far the best pill. I was taken off it before but just recently got back onto it. My periods on this pill were non-existent. Also no cramps. Having 4 periods a year is fine by me. I recommend this one to anyone. It is the best!!"

JuJu Grate (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Switched from deposit shot to seasonique after my sophomore year of college. My doctor said I would have one week of bleeding at the end of each pack. But for some reason I end up spotting heavily the WHOLE third month, with a heavier period during the "bleed week". I am very consistent with the time I take it and I don't miss a day. But yet I'm still stuck with a month long period. Not sure if I should switch bc methods because of this. The only reason I was sold on seasonique was because I was expecting one NORMAL period once ever 3 months."

notsurewhatsgoingon (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I started the pill 3 weeks ago. I'm spotting almost every day and I am trying to take it in the morning at every same time between 0700-0900. But not consistent so I may have to change my timing. I have a few cramps but nothing compare to before. So hopefully things will get better as many explained here."

MJ70 May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 38 years old. I have been on this pill for the last three years on and off. I was good In the beginning but after a year everything is not good . I have bad mood swings , headaches, and now my period comes before I even start the last month. I figured I would continue to try it but I cannot any more . With severe pains and excessive bleeding to a point I have had to go home from work , I wear depends at night because I use three packs of overnight pads in the space of a week. I have never had problems this bad until lately. I am already anemic as is and cannot continue with this pill. One good thing is I have never gotten pregnant on it"

red1976 April 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I tried many things to stop heavy bleeding including an ablation. Nothing made my period less heavy, let alone stopped it. I started Seasonique 2 years ago and in the beginning I had irregular spotting for the duration of the first pack. After that I had very light periods every 3 months, with occasional spotting in between. I was happy with the results. Now, nearly 2 years later, in the second month of a pack I am on a 7 day and counting period, extremely heavy with a lot of clots. Guess this has decided to stop working too so it is back to my OBG again to try something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Seasonique (generic Camrese) for almost 9 years!! This drug is great. I got on it when it was new to the market. I take it at night and NEVER miss a dose. I've never had any spotting between periods and sometimes I skip 2 quarters, meaning I have 2 periods a year. Even my OBGYN can't believe it's still working, she says many women's bodies just won't let them stay on this drug for long. Until I'm ready to start a family, Seasonique is the birth control for me. No more heavy periods, cramps, mood swings, or missed work. I also save on feminine products, when I do have a period its light and usually 2 days. My advice, give it a try, take it at the same time everyday (I have 2 alarms). Hopefully it will work for you too !"

CHEMBA (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on sesonique for 3 month. I had been spotting every day since I started using it and I had a full blown period 2 weeks after starting using it. I love the fact I only get your period every 3 month but the spotting is not much better. I notice that I am get really angry sometimes for no reason and I feel sad and depressed. It also made me gain 15 lbs which its making me a bit stress out. I talk to my Dr. And she said since I'm just started this med my body had to get use to it. I'm think I'm going to wait 3 more months to c how my body adjusts to it. Also I take my pill at the same time everyday on the dot. so my spotting it's not cause by missing doses or taking it at different times"

starmar46 April 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Seasonique for almost 3 months, I haven't had any spotting however really bad acne on my T-zone. In the past I have had maybe 2-3 spots at a time but now 3 months In I have multiple spots triple or more than usual. I am totally attracted to 3-4 menstrual cycles a year, not to the idea of the acne however."

Jamirula January 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I really like Seasonique. I have been taking it for 7 years now. I have never had the spotting that other people have talked about. I have short periods every three months and don't have to worry about it in between. My only problem is that my weight fluctuates during the three months and I have put on a lot of weight since being on this medication."

ADarkenedAlley (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this birth control, because I hate having my period. I have been on this pill for three years already and they are the best."

sabiana (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2015

For Endometriosis "This medication has been great for my endometriosis and ovarian cysts. The only downside is that I now I have to go off of it because I have developed hepatic adenomas (uncommon benign liver tumors) that are caused by the long term use of estrogen (I've been on it for more than 5 years)."

blythechick86 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this Birth control so far! I've been on it for 2 months , I spotted on and off for the first 3 weeks . I just used a poise pantyliner and was fine. I have had slight acne, but I wash and use Bentonite Clay 3 times a week . I've heard of excessive spotting , you have to take it at the same time every day . I take it at 7pm like clock work , sometimes 6:30. Take it at night"

ladymel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2014

For Birth Control "Effective form of birth control yet caused excessive abnormal bleeding during the three month cycle in which I should not have gotten my period. Eventually removed from medication due to abnormal uterine bleeding while taking this product."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 5 months now and I love it. However, for the first two months I had irregular spotting and cramping. This eventually went away, I'm assuming it was just my body adjusting to the change. I would recommend this birth control to anyone."

pelizabeth September 2, 2014