Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2 reviews 112 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Seasonique reviews 168 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Seasonique

Review by MJ70:

For Birth Control: I started the pill 3 weeks ago. I'm spotting almost every day and I am trying to take it in the morning at every same time between 0700-0900. But not consistent so I may have to change my timing. I have a few cramps but nothing compare to before. So hopefully things will get better as many explained here.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2015 10:26 AM

Review by red1976:

For Birth Control: I am 38 years old. I have been on this pill for the last three years on and off. I was good In the beginning but after a year everything is not good . I have bad mood swings , headaches, and now my period comes before I even start the last month. I figured I would continue to try it but I cannot any more . With severe pains and excessive bleeding to a point I have had to go home from work , I wear depends at night because I use three packs of overnight pads in the space of a week. I have never had problems this bad until lately. I am already anemic as is and cannot continue with this pill. One good thing is I have never gotten pregnant on it

April 25, 2015 8:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I tried many things to stop heavy bleeding including an ablation. Nothing made my period less heavy, let alone stopped it. I started Seasonique 2 years ago and in the beginning I had irregular spotting for the duration of the first pack. After that I had very light periods every 3 months, with occasional spotting in between. I was happy with the results. Now, nearly 2 years later, in the second month of a pack I am on a 7 day and counting period, extremely heavy with a lot of clots. Guess this has decided to stop working too so it is back to my OBG again to try something else.

April 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Review by CHEMBA (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Seasonique (generic Camrese) for almost 9 years!! This drug is great. I got on it when it was new to the market. I take it at night and NEVER miss a dose. I've never had any spotting between periods and sometimes I skip 2 quarters, meaning I have 2 periods a year. Even my OBGYN can't believe it's still working, she says many women's bodies just won't let them stay on this drug for long. Until I'm ready to start a family, Seasonique is the birth control for me. No more heavy periods, cramps, mood swings, or missed work. I also save on feminine products, when I do have a period its light and usually 2 days. My advice, give it a try, take it at the same time everyday (I have 2 alarms). Hopefully it will work for you too !

April 12, 2015 4:17 PM

Review by starmar46:

For Birth Control: I been on sesonique for 3 month. I had been spotting every day since I started using it and I had a full blown period 2 weeks after starting using it. I love the fact I only get your period every 3 month but the spotting is not much better. I notice that I am get really angry sometimes for no reason and I feel sad and depressed. It also made me gain 15 lbs which its making me a bit stress out. I talk to my Dr. And she said since I'm just started this med my body had to get use to it. I'm think I'm going to wait 3 more months to c how my body adjusts to it. Also I take my pill at the same time everyday on the dot. so my spotting it's not cause by missing doses or taking it at different times

April 1, 2015 8:20 PM

Review by Jamirula:

For Birth Control: I have been on Seasonique for almost 3 months, I haven't had any spotting however really bad acne on my T-zone. In the past I have had maybe 2-3 spots at a time but now 3 months In I have multiple spots triple or more than usual. I am totally attracted to 3-4 menstrual cycles a year, not to the idea of the acne however.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 10:04 PM

Review by ADarkenedAlley (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I really like Seasonique. I have been taking it for 7 years now. I have never had the spotting that other people have talked about. I have short periods every three months and don't have to worry about it in between. My only problem is that my weight fluctuates during the three months and I have put on a lot of weight since being on this medication.

January 18, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by sabiana (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I love this birth control, because I hate having my period. I have been on this pill for three years already and they are the best.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by blythechick86 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Endometriosis: This medication has been great for my endometriosis and ovarian cysts. The only downside is that I now I have to go off of it because I have developed hepatic adenomas (uncommon benign liver tumors) that are caused by the long term use of estrogen (I've been on it for more than 5 years).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 8:54 AM

Review by ladymel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love this Birth control so far! I've been on it for 2 months , I spotted on and off for the first 3 weeks . I just used a poise pantyliner and was fine. I have had slight acne, but I wash and use Bentonite Clay 3 times a week . I've heard of excessive spotting , you have to take it at the same time every day . I take it at 7pm like clock work , sometimes 6:30. Take it at night

November 23, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Effective form of birth control yet caused excessive abnormal bleeding during the three month cycle in which I should not have gotten my period. Eventually removed from medication due to abnormal uterine bleeding while taking this product.

October 26, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by pelizabeth:

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 5 months now and I love it. However, for the first two months I had irregular spotting and cramping. This eventually went away, I'm assuming it was just my body adjusting to the change. I would recommend this birth control to anyone.

September 2, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by Kres3363 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I LOVE Seasonique. Four months in and no problems with it. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to deal with more than four periods a year.

August 9, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by knittinkitten:

For Birth Control: I went on this last year for PMDD, like severe PMS, and did fine the first 6 months. I'm not sure why, but suddenly my periods are 2 weeks long instead of one. I'm also having the same severity, if not more, of cramps that I had before I started. I think the issue was that I might have already had estrogen dominance, and the lack of ovulation made it even worse. (No ovulation means no progesterone to help your periods be lighter.) Also I have zero sex drive. Seriously, doing dishes has been more appealing lately. It has made my mood issues improve, though. I don't feel nearly as depressed as I did before taking it.

June 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: A new doctor switched me to this one from Beyaz. I had gotten migraines once every six months or so before I started birth control and on Yaz and Beyaz I had never had any real issues I was able to function with over the counter medicines for them. I just finished month number 3 today, during the first month I had 2 migraines with one that lasted two days and I had to go to the health center because I couldn't stand it any longer & got a shot for it. After that I went to my family doctor and was given migraine medication. I have had 8 migraines in the span of three months & have had to medicate with migraine medication instead of Motrin or Excedrine, add in extremely heavy period, cramps, and nausea and you can see why I'm switching back.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by abelel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: 2nd month. Weight gain, horrible acne, nausea, and SPOTTING EVERY DAY. Even started 2 full blown periods during this month and a half. Trying to stick with it, not sure.

December 20, 2013 3:08 AM

Review by EClass (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Seasonique for over 6 months. I have had continuous spotting along with cramps for the last 16 days. My doctor informed me to skip the pills at the end of the pack so that I do not have any periods due to my periods being extremely painful. However, I hate the fact that I have been spotting for over 2 weeks. I started this birth control to treat endometriosis and to regulate my periods. Yet, spotting every day is not any better. I am looking into other options right now. I don't like bleeding all the time.

November 26, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by Toots96:

For Birth Control: I started taking Seasonique about 6 months ago when my boyfriend recommended I switch birth controls. (I was previously on Apri 28 and it made me crazy) I love Aeasonique! It's amazing to only have to worry about periods once every three months! One con I did notice is slight cramping around the times I used to get my period, other then this the birth control is amazing. I have clearer skin, lost weight, and have been feeling like myself again. Would recommend this to anyone!

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 10:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on birth control for 9 years for heavy/too frequent periods. For the first 6 years, Seasonique was amazing. However, especially within the past two years, I have had excessive spotting. For awhile, I was on the generic and just thought there was a difference between that and the name brand. Initially I had no problems, but I started a doctorate program and am sure the stress has a lot to do with it, but my spotting has started again. It'll happen any time I stress out or after having sex. I like not having my period for 3 months but now, im on my period more than a normal bc. Except it's worse. It comes unannounced and has ruined a number of undergarments.

October 23, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was on this Birth control for 6 months, and started noticing a lot of side effects. I was losing more hair, my skin was getting drier and I was also so sad, and cried and got mad over anything. I went to my doctor and he ran me for some blood tests and came back to find out that my estrogen levels dropped immensely. I have switched to the Nuva ring - a low dose birth control. Other then that - I had no problems. If you have these symptoms I urge you to get tested for estrogen levels.

March 24, 2013 11:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I started Seasonique about 6 years ago. I was on Yasmin before that. I didnt have any break through bleeding, I love this product

March 24, 2013 12:32 PM

For Birth Control: It's been 2 years, I spotted for almost six weeks straight on the first pack until I had the first period. I gained about 10 lbs but most of it was in my chest. I'm just now getting back to my "normal" weight, which also means my breasts are doing back down. Periods are really light, the last two packs nonexistent. If I'm not careful to take them at around the same time, I will get cramping and sometimes spotting. If the spotting doesn't stop within a few days, I stop taking the pack for a week and have a period and then start the pack again. Overall I love it, though I have noticed increased night sweats but don't know for sure it's related.

February 26, 2013 3:33 AM

Review by Dee.Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I tried Seasonique 3 month supply for birth control & also to control my period's, for the first month I had no period then all of a sudden I bled for three months (full periods not just spotting). But you may try it and it may work for you, because as you know (no one woman's body is the same) so what happened to me may just be my case. If It works for you congratulations.

December 28, 2012 6:10 AM

Review by amw176 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Seasonique for two years now and I love it!! It took about two packs, or six months, for my body to adjust to the new period cycle, but it wasn't a problem at all. I was 16 when I started taking it, and was surprised in how quickly it worked especially with my ever changing hormones. Having a period four times a year is AMAZING, and I have absolutely no spotting in between. Plus, when I do have my period, it only lasts for four or five days, and the longer I have been on Seasonique, the lighter they have become. The only downside for me is that I get an achy back and back spasms during the time of the period, but they are not severe and end soon as my period ends. Highly recommend!

December 19, 2012 3:14 AM

For Birth Control: While on Seasonique I didn't notice the changes my body went through until I started doing some research , I loved only having one period every 3 months but the periods were painful bad cramps, lower back pain the first 2 days, the first 4 months were fine, then I started a month and a half long period but I stuck it out hoping it would be better, then things were going good until I started bleeding during intercourse, I went to see my doctor and she told me it was probably caused by the birth control, also since I started taking it I would get the sensation that I would faint, and I have fainted once while on it, had a little weight gain, it really messed up my hormones, guess my body didn't like it!

October 17, 2012 9:13 PM