User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 3 reviews 98 medications

4.2
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Seasonique reviews 189 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Seasonique

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started this in June 2015. My purpose is to help with perimenopause symptoms. 5 weeks were good no bleeding. Now I am bleeding for the next 5 weeks daily...with clots sometimes. Was trying for the hormone to alleviate cycle anxiety attacks. Still get those too like clockwork. Going to try an iud next. "

Kelleah August 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm going into my third pack of generic brand. I LOVE IT. Of course worth any medication there's always side effects and allowing your body to get used to it. My first pack I bled for a little over a month but of course that was already spoken about at the doctors. I'm about to go into my third pack in about a week and a half and I've a some light spotting, but nothing to be alarmed about. A little upsetting because I don't want my period at all unless it's when I'm supposed to get it but this is normal. I highly recommend this method of birth control, my friend encouraged me to do this instead of continuing with the IUD I had inserted for 4 years, I give it a 10!"

Gmoney86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this for 2 weeks now and the only side effects I've experienced is very mild nausea, very light spotting and mild cramps. This birth control is definitely appealing to me because I hate having my period."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This has been such a sweet relief, I wish I stared sooner as soon as my periods were getting slowly heavier and horrible. After throwing up on my last period and getting anaemic - enough was ENOUGH and decided to speak to my doctor, after getting my script filled and examined ( I had nothing wrong internally) and got seasonique. Took about a month for my body to settle down. EXPECT some side effects, headache, tender breast and fluid retention until ur levels even out. U MUST Take the pill SAME time EVERYDAY!! I experienced one break through bleed, cause I was 8 hrs late in taking one and lasted a week. This is because the hormones last so long in the bloodstream and any slight dip triggers bleeding. goodluck in starting!! :)"

Rocky44 August 9, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this medication on July 7, 2015 to try and regulate my periods and control my abnormal heavy uterine bleeding I had been experiencing. Everything was fine (minor nausea) the first 2 1/2 weeks and then I started bleeding on July 25, 2015. Just lightly the first 2 days and then it heavy. Today is August 6 (13 days and counting) and I still am bleeding heavy and cramping badly."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have used 3 different birth control brands (yasmin, ortho tri cyclen and yaz) before trying out the generic of seasonqiue. It worked great for the first 2 months , then I had some light spotting that got heavier every day until it was heavier than any past menstrual cycle. I bled (regular to very heavy) and cramped everyday for the next 4 months. Even when starting a new pack, taking it at the same time, at night, with iron-nothing I did made this bleeding get lighter or go away until I stopped taking them. Then I got my period normally every month but its been far heavier than it has ever been in my life. Last month, my period came early and this month it came only 2 weeks after my last period. This RX has my body all out of whack."

Horrible side effects (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on bc since I was 17. I first had nuvaring for 4 years and then I heard about seasonique and was excited about having only 4 periods a year the first month (January 2015) was perfect no spotting no weight gain no period. half way into February I started spotting and thought ok this may be normal after two days the spotting stopped... it returned four days later and I continued to spot up until the end of March when it was time for my period! I started a new pack and everything went smoothly no spotting until the week before my scheduled period. started a new pack in july and everything was ok. I started spotting really heavy on July 31st and my period isn't supposed to come until the END of September..should have stayed on nuvaring"

Jasmine12345 August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "So I totally agree with some of the comments below. I've been on Seasonique since grade 9 (in my second year of college as of sept 2015). I'm not gonna say why but I will say that it was definitely great in the beginning. Periods became regular, I had my period for about 5 days which I find healthy in my opinion since I don't get it for 3 months and has cleared up my face from acne and pimples. As of this year, I have noticed that the pill isn't working as it should. During the last week or 2 before the yellow pills or "period pills" I get constant on and off spotting. Then during the week of my period pills, I don't get my period until the last few days.Usually wed to fri if following the actual week. Been taking it for 5 yrs now "

De23Strfie July 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Seasonique is the absolute worst birth control ever. I have been spotting for two weeks. I chose this birth control to control the heaviness of my periods, however, I cannot say that it has made my periods any better. I rather just have my period for 5-6 days and have cramping rather than go through with spotting for two weeks with cramps. I'm definitely going to my doctor to change my birth control."

HaileyL July 25, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on Seasonique for 4 weeks now and started bleeding 3 days ago. Not spotting, but full blown bleeding non-stop. I called my OB and the nurse told me to basically deal with it until my body gets used to the drug. She said it could take months, that I could potentially be bleeding, non-stop for the next three months or more she had no idea when it would stop. I was not aware of this when I agreed to this pill, and it is not listed on the side effects. Breakthrough bleeding or spotting is NOT having basically your period for months! For me it doesn't matter if after 3 months it works like a charm, if you randomly get your period for long lengths of time - it defeats the lure of this product."

Swagner881 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I love taking seasonique, I spotted on and off for the first three months after starting this birth control pill and after that I never had an issue with it. I have been on this since March 2011. My periods are also so light that they are barely noticeable and last three days tops, so I really only have my period for 12 days a year. That is perfectly great by me. However I recently decided to stop taking birth control as I have not been sexually active and do not plan to be anytime soon and since I stopped taking this is in April 2015 I have gained 15 pounds regardless of working out 5x a week and limiting my diet and my diet has only improved over the last five years."

Anonymous1990 July 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on it for about 1 1/2 years now and at first it worked great at keeping me on a schedule. However at this point, if I forget to take it just for one day within a month of the day I'm supposed to start the placebo, then I'm going to start on the missed day instead. It seems like it's losing it's strength on me because I'm getting more acne around "that" time. The hormone fluctuations are still pretty obvious to my body because I still get migraines. No change in cramps, but as long as they're not worse, I'm okay with it. With those negatives out of the way, I can say that I haven't gained any weight and as long as I don't forget, it does a pretty good job of keeping me on the 90 day schedule."

clumzyklutz (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been in Seasonique for 9, almost 10 years. I take my pill everyday at the same time, even if I have to take in the middle of a an outing. Forgetting to take the pill isn't an option for me. I've never had any major side effects and on the rare occasion I have a little breakthrough bleeding, I take the pill with 1000mg of vitamin C ( if you do the research it increases the impact of the estrogen in the pill, therefore slowing and then effectively stopping the breakthrough bleeding). It usually takes 2 days and it's over. Sometimes I take 2 packs continuously and don't have a period for 6 months, my OBGYN is fine with this. I say give it a try, take it at the same time everyday !!!!"

kismetangel (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2015

For Endometriosis "I was on this for 7 weeks before stopping to try to conceive. It was wonderful in that it finally took away the pelvic pain I continued to have on other pills. I had a light period within three days of stopping it. I've had two full cycles since, and they've both been shorter than usual, with a short (8-10 days) luteal phase. I'm hoping this sorts itself out soon. Unfortunately I don't see myself taking this again, because it made my migraines much more frequent, and gave me fairly bad heart palpitations. A less troubling complaint was increased acne."

Lyss2222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control pill I have ever used. I have taken it regularly daily and have bled for nearly three weeks with awful cramping. Plus the nausea was so overwhelming. My appetite has been nonexistent. My period came very regularly before going on Seasonique, every 28 days. But to bleed before the yellow pills and for nearly a month? I was checked out by my obgyn and there is no cause for this but this pill is not a good fit for me."

Momofgiz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "On my second month. Just starting to get spotty (panty liner is enough) but nothing that isn't manageable. The first 2 weeks I had minor headaches and nausea but it went away. Very tender breasts, still. So far month one--no period. Yay. Great not to have a period but if the spotting gets worse (I think it may) that kind of defeats the whole purpose long term. I'm using this to stop periods while training for a half marathon. So for it's purpose for now, I'm fine. As far as sexual activity, it would be uncomfortable because the spotting is dark and slimy and weird. But that's not an issue now.... So pros and cons. But no period 3 months in a row (hopefully) , that's all right my me!"

HungryPanda1 June 6, 2015

For Endometriosis "I used this b.c pill for month and suffered from a lot of side effect. Being extremely emotional and cry for no reason. Heavy bloated and abdominal pain that I couldn't realized if that is a symptom of endo or what? Headaches, difficulty sleeping at night, shortness of breath I stopped after a month and most of symptoms are gone never going back on this pill again. Now I'm using visanne just for 3 month as per my GP to see if endo is shrinking. Much better choice so far."

rubyn nor May 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Seasonique since grade 10 of high school because my periods were very irregular. For the first year and a half it worked perfectly with no side effects whatsoever. But now every third month of the pack, I spot heavily the whole time. I have brought more liners and pads then I ever would have had to. I absolutely love having my period only 4 times a year but now its like I'm having a month long period every 3 months. I am considering switching to something else because I don't know if I can keep living with it. If anyone has an explanation for why this is happening please share it with me."

Confused and Annoyed (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Most of these reviews are terrifying so I wanted to share my experience... 1) One of the biggest differences with tricyclic BC (3 months) from the once a month kind is the likelihood of spotting is much greater. On the first pack I spotted months 2-3. (yep..2 months pretty much). That being said it was so light I could've probably used the same panty liner all day & been fine. Also, my BF isn't a child & wasn't bothered by it. I found it mostly annoying. The second pack I'm still spotting but only for 1 month, also very light. I suspect it will not happen on the next pack. Minor nausea was my only other side effect. No libido change, no weight gain, mood change, etc. Not perfect, but I love it. It's going to be different for each person."

Nikkii09 May 9, 2015

For Birth Control "This is by far the best pill. I was taken off it before but just recently got back onto it. My periods on this pill were non-existent. Also no cramps. Having 4 periods a year is fine by me. I recommend this one to anyone. It is the best!!"

JuJu Grate (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Switched from deposit shot to seasonique after my sophomore year of college. My doctor said I would have one week of bleeding at the end of each pack. But for some reason I end up spotting heavily the WHOLE third month, with a heavier period during the "bleed week". I am very consistent with the time I take it and I don't miss a day. But yet I'm still stuck with a month long period. Not sure if I should switch bc methods because of this. The only reason I was sold on seasonique was because I was expecting one NORMAL period once ever 3 months."

notsurewhatsgoingon (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I started the pill 3 weeks ago. I'm spotting almost every day and I am trying to take it in the morning at every same time between 0700-0900. But not consistent so I may have to change my timing. I have a few cramps but nothing compare to before. So hopefully things will get better as many explained here."

MJ70 May 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 38 years old. I have been on this pill for the last three years on and off. I was good In the beginning but after a year everything is not good . I have bad mood swings , headaches, and now my period comes before I even start the last month. I figured I would continue to try it but I cannot any more . With severe pains and excessive bleeding to a point I have had to go home from work , I wear depends at night because I use three packs of overnight pads in the space of a week. I have never had problems this bad until lately. I am already anemic as is and cannot continue with this pill. One good thing is I have never gotten pregnant on it"

red1976 April 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I tried many things to stop heavy bleeding including an ablation. Nothing made my period less heavy, let alone stopped it. I started Seasonique 2 years ago and in the beginning I had irregular spotting for the duration of the first pack. After that I had very light periods every 3 months, with occasional spotting in between. I was happy with the results. Now, nearly 2 years later, in the second month of a pack I am on a 7 day and counting period, extremely heavy with a lot of clots. Guess this has decided to stop working too so it is back to my OBG again to try something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Seasonique (generic Camrese) for almost 9 years!! This drug is great. I got on it when it was new to the market. I take it at night and NEVER miss a dose. I've never had any spotting between periods and sometimes I skip 2 quarters, meaning I have 2 periods a year. Even my OBGYN can't believe it's still working, she says many women's bodies just won't let them stay on this drug for long. Until I'm ready to start a family, Seasonique is the birth control for me. No more heavy periods, cramps, mood swings, or missed work. I also save on feminine products, when I do have a period its light and usually 2 days. My advice, give it a try, take it at the same time everyday (I have 2 alarms). Hopefully it will work for you too !"

CHEMBA (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015