User Reviews for Seasonique

Learn more about Seasonique.

Reviews for Seasonique to treat Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

"I have been on Seasonique for 4 weeks now and started bleeding 3 days ago. Not spotting, but full blown bleeding non-stop. I called my OB and the nurse told me to basically deal with it until my body gets used to the drug. She said it could take months, that I could potentially be bleeding, non-stop for the next three months or more she had no idea when it would stop. I was not aware of this when I agreed to this pill, and it is not listed on the side effects. Breakthrough bleeding or spotting is NOT having basically your period for months! For me it doesn't matter if after 3 months it works like a charm, if you randomly get your period for long lengths of time - it defeats the lure of this product."

Swagner881 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

"I love this pill! I used to have very painful periods and other birth controls would make me feel worse. My Doctor didn't want to prescribe me this but I wanted it anyway. I only get 4 periods a year. This pill doesn't make me gain weight and it has helped my acne more than others. I have been on this pill for over a year now and I will never switch to anything else. I trust this pill and am very satisfied with it! I would definitely recommend this to any woman out there!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 13, 2012

"I started this birth control six months ago. I was prescribed it for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and mild Endometrioses. It helped quite a bit with my frequent periods and cystic acne. However, I had constant spotting for the six months I was taking it. I took the pill at the same time every single night and I would still spot! I know this is common with this pill since it is supposed to give you 4 periods a year, but I couldn't take the spotting anymore. I also have absolutely no sex drive. "

Anonymous March 25, 2011