User Reviews for Seasonale

Learn more about Seasonale.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 177 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Seasonale reviews 11 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Seasonale

Review by Maddiehayeee:

For Birth Control: The pills didn't cause any side effects or me, other than a constant spotting which is unimaginably irritating, and made me feel too embarrassed to get intimate making my annoyance for nothing. I'm hoping that the spotting stops soon. Although my the pills were convenient, with the purple package and made my period considerably lighter!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 1:58 AM

Review by User1456:

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have tried, and so far I love it. I'm heading into my third week being on this pill and so far I have experienced very minimal side effects, something I did not expect after reading such horror stories about this pill and others similar to it. I have had no spotting yet (fingers crossed this continues). The most noticeable side effect thus far has been breast tenderness. Its not unbearable-and usually an Advil helps-but they're definitely more sore than usually. This tends to vary by day as well. I haven't noticed any severe change in my mood, maybe a little more sensitive than normal, and definitely no change in my sex drive. I am loving this pill so far! Hopefully these side effects continue to be minimal.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2013 8:28 PM

Review by yjs2545 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is not a medicine for someone like me with moderate acne. I am on my second pack and already I am braking out like crazy. And not small pimples at all. No other side effects, just that. But for me that's enough. Guess my old pill really did keep my skin clear so even though I like the no period thing, I will have to change back.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2012 1:08 AM

For Birth Control: To help some girls out - This was an excellent option - for my body. I am a girl who usually had a period from 56-66 days so around every 3 months anyways. I was nervous to go to the doctor to get birth control every month because I already hated having it so far apart. My doctor recommended Seasonale, and it has been great! I get occasional migraines, but it's nothing that I have had to complain to my doctor about. I've only had a little bit of spotting before my period is supposed to happen but it's nothing that I can't handle. I definitely recommend Seasonale for girls who don't like their periods every month and for girls who are consistent with the medication. Don't take this if your going to skip days, it defeats the purpose.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2012 3:47 PM

Review by Seasonale User:

For Birth Control: I experience mood swings, break outs, and cramps during the first two weeks. After that I have not had any issues. I did not spot for the first two months. On the third month I took the pill 4 hours late and I spotted lightly for two days. My skin is flawless. I had no weight gain. I have no crazy mood swings. Its the perfect pill. Oh and my breast increased about a cup size. The breast tenderness I experienced was a minimum soreness for a month. I recommend Seasonale!

April 23, 2012 9:46 PM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been taking this birth control for over 2 years. It works great most of the time but once a year I have a period that's 2 weeks long. I'm going to my doctor soon to look at other options.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2011 11:14 PM

For Birth Control: I have been taking seasonal for almost 3 years and love it. My periods are shorter and lighter with less pain. I haven't had any problems with break through bleeding. This is the only birth control pill to work for me (have tried 5 others). I know this pill doesn't work for everyone though.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2011 10:56 PM

For Birth Control: I have been using Seasonale for about two years now. I have gained about 20lb, I get dizzy sometimes, headaches all the time, and I get break through bleeding about half way through my pills. After a few days of spotting I get my period. Still painful and lasts the whole 7 days just like before. No heavier and no lighter. I plan to try something else as soon as I can.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2011 7:40 PM

Review by Optional:

For Birth Control: For me it didn't work. I was always spotting and bleeding and having to wear protection for that everyday.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2009 11:55 AM

Review by Rev1:

For Endometriosis: I have been taking this for almost 2 years and I can tell you I feel like it has been a miracle drug with all the side effects of endometriosis. Although you have to take a pill each night, who cares when you have 1 period to get through over 3 months and on top of that its short and usually pain free. The excess bleeding, the long periods, unpredictable start and stop...that's all over with this birth control. I really feel like I gained at least 2 days out of every month that I had once lost to bed rest from the agony of endometriosis. I love it and wish I had heard of it sooner. I highly recommend it. Be sure to always ask how it will interact with any other drugs that may be in your system. Always consult a doctor on change in medication.

November 24, 2009 12:37 AM

Review by Almies:

For Birth Control: I used Seasonale for about a year and a half. It worked very well. No spotting and it was nice to not have a period for three months at a time. Unfortunately it has to be taken at the same time everyday which is a pain for someone as absent minded as me. I handled this by setting the alarm on my cellphone to go off at the same time everyday. It was kinda bulky in my purse since it has three months worth of pills. My periods were about the same as before.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2009 7:37 PM

For Endometriosis: This drug did not work for me as I am unable to take any hormones. I managed to take it for 8 weeks before stopping. I started getting a period after about week 6 and it continued on and off right up until I stopped taking the drug. When I started getting my period I still had the same symptoms (severe cramping, back pain, exhaustion, etc) that I started taking the drug for to begin with.

March 11, 2009 4:26 PM