User Reviews for Quasense

Learn more about Quasense.

Birth Control 19 reviews 275 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 162 medications

3.2
Summary of Quasense reviews 30 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Quasense

For Birth Control "The side effects I experienced were unusual spotting and weight gain"

ElizaStan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I took quasense for about 3 years and the first two years I loved it. I have tried at least 4 birth controls (oral contraceptive form) and this one was the first to finally work for me. However, within the past year I have had some awful things happening to me and my obgyn thinks it is due to the estrogen in the pill. I had a weight gain of 7 pounds within a week & a half. During this time I was exercising & barely eating to try and get back down to my normal weight. However I only continued to gain weight. I have had so much hair loss this year & now have 4 distinct bald spots. Crazy mood swings, I've had my period for 2 months straight now, & I'm extremely tired. Today I had the IUD "skyla" inserted so I hope everything improves soon :("

Nicolef96 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on Quasense to help with abnormal vaginal bleeding. I was on it for less than 2 months when I suffered a near fatal pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs). I am young and healthy and a non smoker... it was caused by the estrogen in the pill. Please know that although birth control is wonderful and it is commonly prescribed, it DOES come with risks. You never think it will happen to you. I am using my very scary and traumatic experience to raise awareness. If you have any symptoms of a blood clot seek emergency medical assistance immediately: Chest pain Shortness of breath Cough Anxiety Fainting Rapid heart beat Swelling or warmth in your leg or arm 900000 people will have one this year. Stoptheclot.org"

beachgirlstarfish March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 3 years and recently started experiencing some spotting in between periods, even sometimes during sexual activity. I went to the doctor and she said this is normal and my body could now be rejecting it. She had me stop taking Quasense and put me on a one month pill. I eventually switched back to Quasense two months later and haven't had any more issues until recently. This month, my period was 1-2 days but I've been cramping like crazy and not bleeding. That's why I'm here on this thread reading about others experiences. Hope this helps"

Justcuriousddt February 21, 2016

For Birth Control "So I have been on the birth control for a month. The first 4 days I was so insanely nauseous. It would just hit at random times and be horrible. I've been having my period the entire time I've been taking it but just like a pantie liner a day is what I use. I haven't lost any sex drive. If anything it's increased! The medication overall seems great in writing but I have one concerning thing.. I'm having CRAZY mood swings. I cried the past couple nights for no reason at all and I just get super sad randomly. Or I'll just be super happy and then the next moment sad. I feel like I'm becoming depressed. But I'm just going to wait it out and hope it gets better."

Benny button February 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed this medication to slow down the rate of growth for my large fibriods and to reduce cramping. Here is how it has been thus far. Weeks 1-3: Very normal. no bleeding, no mood swings, no weight gain etc. Weeks 4-5: very small old blood spotting. One panty liner a day is all I needed. Weeks 6: mix of old blood and fresh blood. no cramps. Weeks 7-8: Heavy flow with very intense cramps. This is where I am currently at and I am not sure if I want to continue this medication. My cramps are more intense than when I was not on the medication. Not to mention, I've been bleeding fresh blood for three weeks straight. I want to stick it out in order to give a full analysis of this medication, but I am not sure it is worth it."

dipsets January 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took Quasense as prescribed for less than 2 months. I had a life threatening Pulmonary Embolism. Almost all tests are complete and all specialists say it is caused by the birth control. Please be careful if you are taking hormonal birth control, please ask your Doctor to do a clot risk assessment on you and KNOW THE SYMPTOMS of DVT/PE. I went to the ER with chest pain, cough and shortness of breath. I was told if I had not gone I would be dead. Just be careful. Estrogen can increase your risk of blood clots. Know the risks, know the symptoms."

Starfish81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for a month today. I was already having heavy bleeding prior to my Dr prescribing this birth control. The next day I started the pill I stopped bleeding for a whole wk then the second week I began to spot. Followed my the third week my period started to be heavy all over again with quarter size blood clots. I contacted my Dr he said that my body is still trying to get used to the pill give it some time. This week again I called the Dr back because the bleeding seems to be getting worst and the cramps are on a level of 20 he said again just keep taking them and as the new month is approaching a change can occur if not contact him again. I sure hope this pill works fast & stop the bleeding."

stylishqueen September 27, 2015

For Endometriosis "I have been using quasense since 2011 due to heavy periods my Urogynecologist thought it would be a good idea to switch to this birth control. I have noticed after a year I stopped getting periods despite taking that week off each month, but I was told this is normal. I am happy not to have really painful periods & don't have any complaints."

RReib87 July 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this birth control for a little over a year now. I originally started because my periods were so painful I would pass out and overall it was irregular. The first week I was nauseas and really really sick. I have also lost ALL sex drive and my boyfriend thinks I'm not attracted to him anymore. My skin became really sensitive so ever time I'm exposed to the sun for long amounts of time I will develop a rash. It also took my body some getting use to; lots of spotting the first fue months. Overall, I think this drug does it job, but the side effects are just too much for me."

Side effects magnet July 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I've used this for 2 years and have had no problems whatsoever. I previously had an arm implant and experienced spotting and weight gain that wouldn't stop. After taking Quasense I've lost weight, no spotting, light & short periods. I use retin a for acne so my skin has been unaffected. I'm not sure about water retention because I believe that has a lot to do with diet and I'm athletic so I stay hydrated on a daily basis. I experienced no nausea, headaches, psychological side effects. And most importantly, no pregnancy."

Yvo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 27, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been taking this for a year now and I think it's wonderful. I haven't had a cyst rupture since I've been on it. I've had four ovarian cysts rupture and I'm only 18, they started when I was 14. I have been on 5 different birth controls and this is by far the best."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I thought this pill was awful. .So bad I could only take it for 5 days before I quit. It gave me awful cramps, and then after I quit I have been dealing with constant urges to go the bathroom (urinate) for two weeks now. I never had that before taking the pill. Its just awful...I don't recommend!"

annieb1993 May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I am currently working into my second month on this birth control, and it is my first time on birth control. The first couple of weeks were a struggle for me, I got terrible migraines and nausea every time I took the pill (I even stopped for a week and the side effects subsided, so it was the pill)! However, the side effects are only present the first week or so. I've never been prone to acne, but lately I've been having bumps and things pop up on my face - nothing too major though in my opinion. I also, have cramps - every day, but I think it's just because it's adjusting to not having a period during the month. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, my sex drive has increased now and I even have more energy during the day. I'm acually pleased despite the side effects."

LaurynS February 7, 2015

For Endometriosis "Currently almost the 3rd week in the first month, I noticed immediately the change, I started the pill the first Sunday after the first day of my period, it killed my period dead in its tracks, stopped all heavy bleeding, I don't feel any more cysts or deadly sharp pains. This product works as far as getting rid of the period, but the side effects are bad. I feel bipolar. I'll be so angry with life, then I'll get depressed, then I'll be lethargic for days. It's only been 3 weeks and I KNOW I have to let my body get used to these new pills, but it's hard mentally. I'm rarely happy. No sex drive. No energy. I am starting to get some of the sharp pains back, as well as throwing up after every time I eat and constantly dizzy."

My blanket (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on probably at least 20 different forms of birth control for one reason or another, usually due to painful cramps and heavy flow. I've noticed in the almost 2 years of taking it, my period is down to 2 days that I get 4 times a year. I get severely depressed for one day, the day I go off of them to get my period, and my cramps are not as bad as they usually were. They are now about a 6 on a 1-10 scale when they had been a 12 in the past. Overall, pretty pleased with it. I have gained about 10 lbs over 2 years but like most women have said, it's water retention. I have a very healthy libido and haven't had any spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 27, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 6 months and only have one issue with it. I gained 10 pounds after being on it for 1-2 months, but have been able to get that 10 down to 5. But no matter how healthy I eat or how much I exercise, I cannot lose that extra 5. Other than that, I have had no issues. It has not affected my mood or sex drive, and I haven't had any headaches or anything like others have mentioned. It actually cleared up acne on my chin so I have a clear face now that the dermatologist couldn't even clear up because chin acne is usually all hormonal. From what I've heard, if you had an abnormal (whether it be painful or irregular) period before trying this, you should NOT take it or it will affect you. I had a very regular period before."

sparkle09 March 20, 2014

For Birth Control "My doctor suggested this since it is a 91 day cycle which would help with other health issues. I've been spotting for months now and have had frequent nausea and cramps. I'm changing to Ovcon 35 and hoping that will be better."

JMNYC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2013

For Birth Control "On week three of the 3rd month. No sex drive, my breasts ache badly, and my mood swings/anger/depression is CONSTANT. I'm changing now."

AshleighF87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I only had issues with acne and a few headaches. With the headache I would just take asprin and it went away. I would washed my face 3x a day and I still couldn't keep the break outs under control. So I am switching back to my old pills after being on these for 90 days. I had no spotting, no mood swings or any other side effects. I am 31, eat healthy, work out 4 times a week and the pills were free to me per my insurance so that's why I tried them. Hope this info helps you decide if this pill is right for you. I would still use them but at 31 acne is not a good look for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2013

For Endometriosis "I know I'm still on my first pack, and onto week 9, but I've been nauseous, bloated, very moody, and depressed for most of this time. And honestly that would be bearable but 20 days of moderate to heavy bleeding with full on cramps that make me want to curl into a ball and cry has pretty much made me homicidal and I now hate all men. I wish I were exaggerating and if it wasn't for my fertility hanging on the line for me giving this an honest shot, I would've stopped after day seven."

Isha2398475 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2012

For Endometriosis "I started using Quasense to control my endometriosis during Basic Training. It worked great! I had a little cramping during the last 2 weeks of the cycle, but other than that it was worked perfectly for what I needed it to do. No spotting for me!"

sexymedic022 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 3 years now. I had been taking Seasonique, but had some weight gain and mood swings so my doctor recommended Quasense. I experienced some light spotting after the first month, but nothing more. No acne, no depression, and no real weight gain. I've noticed that I retain water more than ever before, but I cut back on the sodium and increased my water intake, which is a good thing to do anyway."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2012

For Birth Control "Originally I was on this pill but then later given samples of Seasonique. That was the worst mistake ever! I was on Seasonique for 9 months and had breakthrough bleeding for 8.5 months! I switched back to Quasense and ever since then I haven't had a single problem. Awesome pill!"

Anonymous November 3, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about a year now and I love it! Although I notice I gained a little weight, I still enjoy 8 months out of the year with no period and I love it!"

Anonymous October 5, 2011