User Reviews for Quasense

Learn more about Quasense.

Birth Control 11 reviews 224 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Quasense reviews 15 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Quasense

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on probably at least 20 different forms of birth control for one reason or another, usually due to painful cramps and heavy flow. I've noticed in the almost 2 years of taking it, my period is down to 2 days that I get 4 times a year. I get severely depressed for one day, the day I go off of them to get my period, and my cramps are not as bad as they usually were. They are now about a 6 on a 1-10 scale when they had been a 12 in the past. Overall, pretty pleased with it. I have gained about 10 lbs over 2 years but like most women have said, it's water retention. I have a very healthy libido and haven't had any spotting.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by sparkle09:

For Birth Control: I have been on this for 6 months and only have one issue with it. I gained 10 pounds after being on it for 1-2 months, but have been able to get that 10 down to 5. But no matter how healthy I eat or how much I exercise, I cannot lose that extra 5. Other than that, I have had no issues. It has not affected my mood or sex drive, and I haven't had any headaches or anything like others have mentioned. It actually cleared up acne on my chin so I have a clear face now that the dermatologist couldn't even clear up because chin acne is usually all hormonal. From what I've heard, if you had an abnormal (whether it be painful or irregular) period before trying this, you should NOT take it or it will affect you. I had a very regular period before.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by JMNYC (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: My doctor suggested this since it is a 91 day cycle which would help with other health issues. I've been spotting for months now and have had frequent nausea and cramps. I'm changing to Ovcon 35 and hoping that will be better.

July 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Review by AshleighF87 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: On week three of the 3rd month. No sex drive, my breasts ache badly, and my mood swings/anger/depression is CONSTANT. I'm changing now.

July 17, 2013 12:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I only had issues with acne and a few headaches. With the headache I would just take asprin and it went away. I would washed my face 3x a day and I still couldn't keep the break outs under control. So I am switching back to my old pills after being on these for 90 days. I had no spotting, no mood swings or any other side effects. I am 31, eat healthy, work out 4 times a week and the pills were free to me per my insurance so that's why I tried them. Hope this info helps you decide if this pill is right for you. I would still use them but at 31 acne is not a good look for me.

May 10, 2013 10:39 PM

Review by Isha2398475 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Endometriosis: I know I'm still on my first pack, and onto week 9, but I've been nauseous, bloated, very moody, and depressed for most of this time. And honestly that would be bearable but 20 days of moderate to heavy bleeding with full on cramps that make me want to curl into a ball and cry has pretty much made me homicidal and I now hate all men. I wish I were exaggerating and if it wasn't for my fertility hanging on the line for me giving this an honest shot, I would've stopped after day seven.

December 3, 2012 7:22 PM

Review by sexymedic022 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Endometriosis: I started using Quasense to control my endometriosis during Basic Training. It worked great! I had a little cramping during the last 2 weeks of the cycle, but other than that it was worked perfectly for what I needed it to do. No spotting for me!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2012 4:16 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 3 years now. I had been taking Seasonique, but had some weight gain and mood swings so my doctor recommended Quasense. I experienced some light spotting after the first month, but nothing more. No acne, no depression, and no real weight gain. I've noticed that I retain water more than ever before, but I cut back on the sodium and increased my water intake, which is a good thing to do anyway.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2012 3:53 PM

For Birth Control: Originally I was on this pill but then later given samples of Seasonique. That was the worst mistake ever! I was on Seasonique for 9 months and had breakthrough bleeding for 8.5 months! I switched back to Quasense and ever since then I haven't had a single problem. Awesome pill!

November 3, 2011 11:18 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about a year now and I love it! Although I notice I gained a little weight, I still enjoy 8 months out of the year with no period and I love it!

October 5, 2011 2:47 PM

Review by Sileny:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I switched to this primarily due to the appeal of having only 4 periods a year and stayed on it for 3 years. Generally it was uneventful: I didn't gain weight, it had no effect (positive or negative) on my acne, my breasts stayed the same size. However, it destroyed my libido. It was so gone I thought I was asexual. It wasn't until I couldn't get my script refilled (I couldn't get an appointment that mixed in with my work schedule), so I had to get off the pill, which then led me to find out that I am not asexual and, in fact, had a libido. Another down point was the spotting I got in between periods and the effects of the period seem to have been compounded (i.e. compared to pills for monthly periods). I was sore, tired, and irritable.

September 19, 2011 7:54 PM

Review by d59696:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I went to pick up my Jolessa refill (I loved) and they gave me Quasense. Had spotting/bleeding all summer - 2 months, serious weight gain, terrible cramps, and no libido. With 30 days left in the pack - I could no longer bear the symptoms and stopped 3 days ago. It's nice to have my life back! Bleeding stopped, bloating diminished and desired intimacy with my husband again. This was really a terrible experience. Lesson - stop sooner if not working, don't change your medicine.

August 20, 2011 12:26 PM

I'm on my first cycle. I usually do not have problems with acne but with Quasense, have at least one pimple all the time. When one clears, another one shows up. I'm currently in the week with inactive pills and have noticed no new pimples this week. Also, the first month and a half was okay, but then started spotting everyday that lasted until my period came during the inactive pills, so continuous spotting for 6 weeks. Will try Trinessa next.

April 1, 2011 2:21 AM

Review by heather524:

For Birth Control: I used this birth control for 2 years and it was awesome. I had a little break through bleeding a couple of times but other than that I loved it.

January 13, 2011 7:51 AM

For Birth Control: I have taken various pills for the past 20 years, I am 38. Quasense allows just 4 periods a year, which is a great thing. The periods I do get are normal length (for a pill-user, about 4 days) and slightly heavier than those I got with the regular monthly pills. I have slightly more cramping in the day before it starts than I did with the monthly pills (but still NOTHING like the agony of no pill-cramps which were a nightmare). Overall I love not having to deal with messy bleeding more than four times a year, and the slight increase in cramping for one day is more than worth it to me. Hope this helps!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2009 3:10 PM

Review by Luvable21:

For Birth Control: I was 18. I started with the brand name Seasonale for 6 months. Then I took Quasense for 1.5 yrs until I realized that playing with nature to get four periods per year was a big mistake. I slowly gained 10 lbs over the 2-yr period. When that "time of the month" approaches, I became very moody. When that supposed date of my period arrives, I became a total disaster. I was depressed, I hated everything and everyone evolving the world... No sex drive at 19!!!!

February 8, 2008 12:10 AM