User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 163 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Orsythia reviews 99 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "My pharmacist switched me to Orsythia after my regular birth control, Aviane, was unavailable. In the first 48 hours on Orsythia I having terrible mood swings and anxiety. Then came the bloating, weight gain and acne. I'm now on my placebo week and my hormone levels have dropped so rapidly that I feel like a crazy person. Can't wait to get off this stuff next week! P.S. I would HIGHLY recommend Aviane to anyone looking for a low-dose birth control pill. I was on it for years and never had any problems."

mkch (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Worst experience of my life. I got it when my pharmacy replaced my Lutera with a generic. I felt horrible on it. Crazy emotions and no sex drive. Went to a different pharmacy and got back on my old brand. The first month of getting it out of my system has led to a month long period of brown discharge that only explodes out when you have sex. It's ruining my sex life with my boyfriend. Most horrible bc ever. Just say no."

Anonymous August 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Very slight nausea feeling when I take it, but I learned to avoid it by taking it just before I go to sleep. It makes my breast swollen which looks good, but feels horrible. It's fairly painful. It causes me to sweat more then normal and causes excessive vaginal lubrication to the extreme. Some people my not mind, but when it's so noticeable you feel like you peed yourself and you no longer have friction during intercourse to the point of embarrassment (a problem I've never had). I never got pregnant so that's a plus."

FL Girl Ashley 1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I used to have really bad cramping and a really heavy flow before I started this birth control. I've been taking it for a year now and my period is only four days compared to the week and a half it used to be. I did gain a bit of weight, but it was all in the boobs area. Love this birth control!"

Amanda Panda August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this pill June 2014 and have had an amazing experience. No pregnancies, no weight gain, and no acne (though I wasn't prone to it before). I do get emotional, and tired but nothing a nap and breathing can't fix, what works for some may not work for others, I definitely would recommend, me and a few friends have had very positive experiences!"

No Babies! August 14, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience so far is not that good but not that bad either. However, I would like to try a different brand besides this one. I've been using this brand for about 2 years. When I first started this Birth Control I had very bad headaches for the first 3 or 4 months. My appetite at that time also increased. My acne was getting worse as well but it's a good thing it has cleared up. I've been feeling so bloated and depressed lately that I felt like crying for no reason at all. I have had some chest pain as well which I think is known as heartburn. It doesn't happen often though. Now the pros of this brand is that I haven't had bad cramps like I used to. My periods have been regulated and light. It's not horrible but it's not great either."

ebslaug1 August 11, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience was horrible. I had to stop because all the side effects became too much for me and it was affecting my every day work. As soon as I started taking this, I began getting headaches, nausea, dizziness and my skin completely broke out. I have had good skin my whole life and my face completely broke out. Also, my hair started falling out uncontrollably. I was afraid to even run my hand through my hair. I stopped taking this when these side effects became unbearable and my lips even broke out. I began getting a lip rash and getting bumps all over my lips. The doctor said it was one of the side effects, in addition to my face breaking out. I was also crying all the time and overly emotional. The side effects were too much to handle"

Anonymous 3 August 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control is by far the worst of any other I've taken. I have experienced severe mood swings and temperament, depression, bloating, AWFUL chest, back, and facial acne, and constant food cravings. I would never wish this drug on anybody. "

Rachel A July 28, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the worst experience I have ever had with a birth control. My acne is worse and my mood is awful. I've felt depressed for the whole time I've been on it where I just want to cry for no reason or if something does not go right. I have had calf cramps as well. My normal birth control is Lutera and I have no complaints about it."

BrittOrtiz (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Worse birth control that I have ever been on. I am 30 and started taking Orsythia to help with pain before and during my period. Shortly after starting, my face started to break out all over and then two weeks later I went to the ER for chest pain. Xrays and an EKG say that I'm fine and the doc said that it could be inflammation causing the pain. My breathing is all over the place now when I exercise, I feel nauseous and want to vomit most of the time and now I'm getting anxiety from all of this. I have three more pills until my period but I'm no longer going to take them. Setting up a doc appointment to get this cleared up."

Hailey421 July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Was only on it for 4 months to regulate my period. Started out okay and period were light and on schedule. The last 2 months I was on it I had my period for two weeks!! Also made me very depressed, I gained weight, craved food 24/7, and retained water and felt bloated all the time."

Enchiladass July 18, 2015

For Birth Control "The worst birth control I've taken. I started getting side effects right away: pimples everywhere, would feel nauseous after I would take the pill, and felt bloated all day. If you're reading this review and considering taking this birth control, Don't. The only reason I was given this pill was because my original birth control (Lutera) was on back order."

Ali step July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience has been horrible... I feel like throwing up all the time. The worse part is just the feeling of it. Also, my boobs are sore and my body aches. I feel super blooded and I actually look blooded. I guess, this pill reacts in different ways for different people; however for me has been a horrible experience. Some of the symptoms I have experience are: Calf Cramps, headache, continuous nauseas, body ache as if I was getting the flue, headaches...."

JLC_13 July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I did not have a positive experience with this drug. This was given to me when my normal BC was on back-order, and I didn't think anything of it and began taking Orsythia. Within days my face began breaking out like crazy. Absolutely horrible, painful acne, whereas normally my acne is under control. Sure, I suppose it works as a birth control, but to me it isn't worth this negative side effect."

EJ21 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "absolute worst birth control I've been on. My last brand was discontinued and was given orynthia. I've had my period for 3 out of the 4 weeks I have been on it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Orsythia for a year and half and I've had a regular cycle twice! I get it early and it lasts 7-12 days, and it's just brown, not a true 'period'. Recently I've started to get the bad acne everyone mentions. I'm 43 and have pimples on my chin and forehead (never had it before). It has eliminated my breast tenderness and cramping though - that's why I strayed on it. But it's just too unpredictable and so I changed to another birth control. I do not recommend it."

Willow Cat June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I found this drug to be very effective. I had previously tried loestrin 24 Fe and Minerva and had awful side effects (mood swings, crying, etc) within the first week of taking each drug. I then took orsythia for 3 months and had no side effects! I was not at all moody, bloated, did not experience breakthrough bleeding, and did not become pregnant. Although the pill has many bad reviews, I'd recommend this birth control to people who may have had bad side effects on other birth control hormones and are looking for one that fits their needs!"

collegestudent0401 June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "Horrible birth control. I was given this because my physician didn't specify "DAW" so they gave me a generic brand because they didn't have my original prescription in stock. I've had my period for 3 out of 4 weeks I've been on it. I'm supposed to be on birth control to regulate my period and to not get pregnant, its working to prevent pregnancy but not how its supposed to."

Nikkii421 May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "This worked as birth control but it made me break out with the worst acne I've ever had all over my face."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst birth control I have ever experienced. I have been on the pill for 5 years and this was given to me as a filler between my annual exam (I normally have a different brand). I had no idea that brands can differ so much, and I thought nothing of it. Right away on this pill I became sick to my stomach and thought I had the flu. I had horrible gas and heartburn. My breast hurt horribly. I got horrible acne all over my chin! Then by the third week I started to feel mild cramping in my calf and sharp pains all over my body. This pill has inspired me to go off the pill in general. Horrible experience."

Erica g April 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I guess it did the job and did serve as a birth control . But other than that, this pill did make me depressed. I was on it for about 8 months or so. It didn't really help with my acne, I think the first week of the pack (after the placebos) my face would be flawless and the rest of the days it would be breakouts. I was always always sad and crying. I got off of it mainly because of the depression. I have been off it for a full 2 months now and I am feeling MUCH better. Much happier... my face is clearer. I don't think this birth control was for me."

JM12345 April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I used to get extremely heavy periods and very severe cramps, and I was looking for a birth control pill that would help with it. My OB/GYN prescribed me Orsythia, and I was a little worried about side affects from what I've read online from others. But, I had none! No weight gain, mood swings, acne, or nausea! Nothing at all! My problems with cramps and heavy periods went away within three months, and there was a definite improvement right when I started taking it. No more cramps or acne, and my periods are now super light! I can't speak for everyone, since hormone pills will affect everyone differently, but this pill was a perfect match for me! I'd highly recommend it for birth control and managing difficult periods."

Anonymous March 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm just about to finish my first month of Orsythia and I love it! Everyone will have a different experience but mine is great! I have no bad side effects. I don't know if it's the birth control but ever since I've started taking it, my acne has been under control, I've lost weight, and my breasts seem a little bigger! I don't have any cramps or feel any more tired than usual. Definitely happy with this birth control!"

Ashleyyyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it."

Kourtney1234 February 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I just recently switched from Minastrin Fe to Orysthia so far the only problem I have had with it is much more acne, the good side to it is that I only get my period for about three days and so far I haven't had any spotting. I'm going to stick it out for a couple of months to see if the whole acne issue goes away."

Michiii February 18, 2015