User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 163 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Orsythia reviews 92 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "This birth control is by far the worst of any other I've taken. I have experienced severe mood swings and temperament, depression, bloating, AWFUL chest, back, and facial acne, and constant food cravings. I would never wish this drug on anybody. "

Rachel A July 28, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the worst experience I have ever had with a birth control. My acne is worse and my mood is awful. I've felt depressed for the whole time I've been on it where I just want to cry for no reason or if something does not go right. I have had calf cramps as well. My normal birth control is Lutera and I have no complaints about it."

BrittOrtiz (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Worse birth control that I have ever been on. I am 30 and started taking Orsythia to help with pain before and during my period. Shortly after starting, my face started to break out all over and then two weeks later I went to the ER for chest pain. Xrays and an EKG say that I'm fine and the doc said that it could be inflammation causing the pain. My breathing is all over the place now when I exercise, I feel nauseous and want to vomit most of the time and now I'm getting anxiety from all of this. I have three more pills until my period but I'm no longer going to take them. Setting up a doc appointment to get this cleared up."

Hailey421 July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "Was only on it for 4 months to regulate my period. Started out okay and period were light and on schedule. The last 2 months I was on it I had my period for two weeks!! Also made me very depressed, I gained weight, craved food 24/7, and retained water and felt bloated all the time."

Enchiladass July 18, 2015

For Birth Control "The worst birth control I've taken. I started getting side effects right away: pimples everywhere, would feel nauseous after I would take the pill, and felt bloated all day. If you're reading this review and considering taking this birth control, Don't. The only reason I was given this pill was because my original birth control (Lutera) was on back order."

Ali step July 8, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience has been horrible... I feel like throwing up all the time. The worse part is just the feeling of it. Also, my boobs are sore and my body aches. I feel super blooded and I actually look blooded. I guess, this pill reacts in different ways for different people; however for me has been a horrible experience. Some of the symptoms I have experience are: Calf Cramps, headache, continuous nauseas, body ache as if I was getting the flue, headaches...."

JLC_13 July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I did not have a positive experience with this drug. This was given to me when my normal BC was on back-order, and I didn't think anything of it and began taking Orsythia. Within days my face began breaking out like crazy. Absolutely horrible, painful acne, whereas normally my acne is under control. Sure, I suppose it works as a birth control, but to me it isn't worth this negative side effect."

EJ21 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2015

For Birth Control "absolute worst birth control I've been on. My last brand was discontinued and was given orynthia. I've had my period for 3 out of the 4 weeks I have been on it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Orsythia for a year and half and I've had a regular cycle twice! I get it early and it lasts 7-12 days, and it's just brown, not a true 'period'. Recently I've started to get the bad acne everyone mentions. I'm 43 and have pimples on my chin and forehead (never had it before). It has eliminated my breast tenderness and cramping though - that's why I strayed on it. But it's just too unpredictable and so I changed to another birth control. I do not recommend it."

Willow Cat June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I found this drug to be very effective. I had previously tried loestrin 24 Fe and Minerva and had awful side effects (mood swings, crying, etc) within the first week of taking each drug. I then took orsythia for 3 months and had no side effects! I was not at all moody, bloated, did not experience breakthrough bleeding, and did not become pregnant. Although the pill has many bad reviews, I'd recommend this birth control to people who may have had bad side effects on other birth control hormones and are looking for one that fits their needs!"

collegestudent0401 June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "Horrible birth control. I was given this because my physician didn't specify "DAW" so they gave me a generic brand because they didn't have my original prescription in stock. I've had my period for 3 out of 4 weeks I've been on it. I'm supposed to be on birth control to regulate my period and to not get pregnant, its working to prevent pregnancy but not how its supposed to."

Nikkii421 May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "This worked as birth control but it made me break out with the worst acne I've ever had all over my face."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst birth control I have ever experienced. I have been on the pill for 5 years and this was given to me as a filler between my annual exam (I normally have a different brand). I had no idea that brands can differ so much, and I thought nothing of it. Right away on this pill I became sick to my stomach and thought I had the flu. I had horrible gas and heartburn. My breast hurt horribly. I got horrible acne all over my chin! Then by the third week I started to feel mild cramping in my calf and sharp pains all over my body. This pill has inspired me to go off the pill in general. Horrible experience."

Erica g April 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I guess it did the job and did serve as a birth control . But other than that, this pill did make me depressed. I was on it for about 8 months or so. It didn't really help with my acne, I think the first week of the pack (after the placebos) my face would be flawless and the rest of the days it would be breakouts. I was always always sad and crying. I got off of it mainly because of the depression. I have been off it for a full 2 months now and I am feeling MUCH better. Much happier... my face is clearer. I don't think this birth control was for me."

JM12345 April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I used to get extremely heavy periods and very severe cramps, and I was looking for a birth control pill that would help with it. My OB/GYN prescribed me Orsythia, and I was a little worried about side affects from what I've read online from others. But, I had none! No weight gain, mood swings, acne, or nausea! Nothing at all! My problems with cramps and heavy periods went away within three months, and there was a definite improvement right when I started taking it. No more cramps or acne, and my periods are now super light! I can't speak for everyone, since hormone pills will affect everyone differently, but this pill was a perfect match for me! I'd highly recommend it for birth control and managing difficult periods."

Anonymous March 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm just about to finish my first month of Orsythia and I love it! Everyone will have a different experience but mine is great! I have no bad side effects. I don't know if it's the birth control but ever since I've started taking it, my acne has been under control, I've lost weight, and my breasts seem a little bigger! I don't have any cramps or feel any more tired than usual. Definitely happy with this birth control!"

Ashleyyyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it."

Kourtney1234 February 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I just recently switched from Minastrin Fe to Orysthia so far the only problem I have had with it is much more acne, the good side to it is that I only get my period for about three days and so far I haven't had any spotting. I'm going to stick it out for a couple of months to see if the whole acne issue goes away."

Michiii February 18, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I am 40 years old. My doctor prescribed this medication to treat heavy bleeding due to an ovarian cyst that developed after several Clomid cycles with my infertility specialist. After three months, my periods are regular again, but at the cost of several unpleasant side effects. I have painful cystic acne in my genitalia, I have gone from being calm and relaxed to short-tempered, and my sleep cycles have been disrupted, leaving me tired all the time. The first day or two of my period is extremely painful, but that may be due to the fact that I have more like a 25 day cycle and the pill is trying to force a 28 day cycle. "

Mooncastyre (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Got on Orsythia because of PMDD. Used to be suicidal right before my period. After taking the pill I'm MUCH more balanced. Only criticism is it makes my breasts extra sore during PMS. And the first couple months I had spotting. But, overall it's great. And it's definitely done its job to prevent pregnancy!"

Maggiedoodle January 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this for about six months. I used to have periods that lasted six days at a time and I would have a long time in between. I've also always been small and have trouble gaining weight. I've never had acne. As soon as I went on this I broke out and gained eight pounds even though I was eating less and exercizing more and have been emotionally unavailable. In the beginning my skin broke out but that changed after three months. My period still last as long but now its slightly heavier and I get it nearly twice as often. However, I have to give it a seven because my fiance and I have unprotected sex and I am not pregnant. I have had slight breast tenderness but that has also gone away for the most part."

Anonymous7 January 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Orsythia for almost two weeks and my emotions are all over the place. I get very upset at my boyfriend for no reason and I tend to cry a lot. I have also had a little more acne than usual."

M_D_C_ December 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on the pills for 2 months and I have been so emotional as in depressed. I've had a little bit of acne but it's not that bad. No weight gain, in fact, I've lost 5 pounds. Very very nauseous but can't throw up. Headaches here and there. I'm not sure if I'll switch just yet.. I'll probably try it out a little longer"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I have had no problems on Orsythia, and have been very happy with it. My periods are much lighter and of shorter duration. I did not experience weight gain, decreased sex drive, and my skin/monthly breakouts did not increase. I have seen a small enhancement in breast size/mass, which was not a dramatic increase, but I was pleased about that. I rate it a 9/10 because this is the only pill I have tried, so I can't fully rate it a 10 without any form of comparison. I also had wished that I would completely prevent my monthly hormone-drop associated breakouts, but those were just high hopes. Overall for me, an effective pill in preventing pregnancy without any adverse side effects to speak of."

Juliesies December 3, 2014

For Birth Control "Since I've been taking the pill after giving birth and suddenly I get car sick easy I get headaches all the time and my stomach gets crazy sick. I don't know what to do because it does protect me."

sarahmichelle2014 November 23, 2014