User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Birth Control 60 reviews 224 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Orsythia reviews 60 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Orsythia

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started this birth control in November of 2013, waited about a month and a half before I started having sex and it protected me. I stopped in mid-March and got back on it two weeks later right after my period. Then 12 days after I started taking it again, I had unprotected sex and I was so scared I was pregnant but I'm NOT. It's best to start taking this birth control RIGHT after your period or during your period, you will be fully protected. Only side effects were the weight gain because my appetite increased. Other than that I was good. Light periods that last about 1-2 days also.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Cylus:

For Birth Control: Only been taking Orsythia for under a month and it was perfect at first but towards the end of the first month my stomach always hurts, like it feels like it's bubbly or you could say hungry. Loss of appetite as well, eat half my food and then feel like throwing up. I hope these are the only problems I have or I will switch to a different one.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Mrs ferrara:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this birth control for 3 days and I can already tell what the side effects are, I have horrible nausea and have been vomiting, My legs and feet are swollen, I have started getting acne on my jawline, and I have been having the worst cramps ever. Gonna stick with it for a week until my dr gets back to prescribe new medication.

June 23, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by megan23578:

For Birth Control: I have been on it for three months and have gained over 10 pounds, while on my regular gym schedule. I also never get pimples and I have had about 6 in the past 3 months.

June 19, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Princessbabe:

For Birth Control: I've been taking birth control for three years now. The Orsythia is the only birth control that has made me gain weight, I'm constantly hungry. I get moody a lot. And I've only taken this pill for three months.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: When I first started taking Orsythia I loved it! It even caused me to lose weight. I would only take it in the morning or afternoon sometimes at night when I would remember and I never got pregnant. My pharmacy switched me to Lutera and I had irregular bleeding. I know its the same main ingredient, I am not sure if the dosage changed but I did have tender breasts. I actually thought I was pregnant but that was impossible because I had 10 day periods. I felt like I was always on my period. It was annoying. Then I got used to it. I feel as though I may have gained some weight but its all water weight and bloat. Now I am taking Aubra its the same ingredients so hopefully my body adjusts and I go back to being skinny with hardly any period.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by Nonnnnyyy23 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been on Orsythia about two weeks. My doctor prescribed it to help control my terrible PMS and cramps. I am bloated constantly. It looks like I have a little baby in my belly. My pants are tight and it sucks but I am going to stick it out and hope that it will go away after a month or so. I have been sleeping terrible and I am tired all the time. My breasts are tender 24/7 and I feel a little like in a cloud....not really depressed but not excited either. I haven't had any problems so far with acne and my appetite has actually decreased. I am hoping it will all level out in a few months.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Review by Christina205:

For Birth Control: I had been off birth control for about 3 years after a horrible experience with Loestrin 24 Fe. I was terrified to get back on the pill. After my partner and I weighed pros and cons, we decided to get on the pill. I'm so glad my doctor prescribed this brand. I was a day 1 starter and immediately I felt relief from cramps. I have had no cramping at all since I started (Very much unlike Loestrin) and period was light and only 3 days long ( RELIEF). I've had to control my emotions at times (I've noticed I'm slightly more emotional), my breasts are slightly tender, and my stomach thinks it's hungry all the time. Don't give into the tummy grumbles! Keep yourself on a healthy diet and you will not gain weight (So far no weight gain at all).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:42 PM

Review by TrishLynn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was originally on Lutera for a couple months, my clinic transitions from Lutera to Orsythia occasionally. They have the same amount of medicine in them so it's pretty neutral. My experience has been pretty good. No headaches, lighter cramps and shorter period days (3/4). However, I became moody where I'd get very angry or very sad. It fluctuated but was persistent during my placebo week. My weight also increased a little, went from a size 1/2 to a 3/4 with lots of bloating 3 weeks of the month. Not too horrible I've been on this transitioning medicine for over a year and have not had any pregnancy scares or babies. Does it's job well with some side effects.

May 3, 2014 6:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've just completed my first week on Orsythia. Being that I had to start it during my period, I noticed a change in my cycle immediately. I'm usually a 3/4 day-er. I am now on my 7th day with no sign of let-up. That's a bummer. From what I've gathered from friends/family, it's just my body getting used to the hormones. But when is it going to end? No cramps, no mood swings, no headaches, and FREE! I guess, so far, so good. Just ready to be off my period!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2014 6:36 PM

Review by dont let the reviews scare you (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was so scared to start this pill because of all the negative reviews, so glad I started anyways! I had been on the Mirena for 5 years and didn't want another so my Dr prescribed me these. First, they were free under my insurance. I have not gained ANY weight and have had zero side effects! Other then making sure to remember to take them, it has been a painless transition. Don't be scared of the bad reviews, what works for some may not work for others! These have been great!

March 29, 2014 5:02 PM

Review by lalalindsay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This pill has been pretty close to perfect. No weight gain, no depression, and my periods are much lighter and shorter. During the first few months my acne got really bad and I almost got off the pill, but then it went away around month 3 and my skin is pretty clear. I think this was just a bodily reaction to the change in hormones. The only negative is that this pill does make me drowsier than I used to be but I can manage. And plus I'm not pregnant, so I guess it's doing its job pretty well.

February 24, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by No nickname:

For Birth Control: I've been taking this pill for 6 months now and I'm calling my doctor today to switch. I'm constantly tired, my cramping is more painful than when I was on a different pill that was discontinued, I have 10 days periods when I used to have 3-4 day ones, headaches all the time, and absolutely no sex drive whatsoever. The only positive thing I can say is no pregnancies!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2014 9:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was on this pill for close to seven or eight months. It was great at first, absolutely no side effects, until the last three months on it. I was bleeding for four weeks at a time with one week of no bleeding in between. This was my only issue with this birth control. I have been on three other birth controls before this one (stopped because they were discontinued) and have never had any problems with any of them which just shows that I am not prone to mood swings or break outs, cramps, etc., so this pill worked for me personally but may not work for just anyone.

December 31, 2013 12:24 PM

Review by Annie 460283:

For Birth Control: Love this pill! I tried Ortho Cylclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Loestrin 24. They all made me emotional, have angry outbursts, and hazy feeling. I didn't want to go back on the pill because of that but I wanted to give it one last shot. It hasn't affected my mood or weight at all. Everyone's body is different. If you have issues with a pill look up the hormone combination. I noticed that the 3 failures had one in common and tried to find a new pill that didn't contain that hormone. Orsythia was one and I really am happy I gave it a shot. What works for one person might not work for you. Keep an open mind and keep trying until you find what works for you.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2013 10:03 PM

Review by L. L.:

For Birth Control: I am on my 4th month taking this pill. This is my first time regularly having sex without a condom and I have not gotten pregnant. My sex drive is great, but I have a lot of cramps and breast tenderness. I gained some weight at first, but I went back down when I stopped eating as much. My periods have been long, but relatively light. Considering I can overcome the side effects and I get this brand for free it works for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2013 11:50 PM

Review by becca91 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've had no negative side effects. Been on it for two months. No acne, I lost weight and my sex drive shot through the roof!! No pregnancies. Only thing is my periods are a bit heavier and more cramps. But it only lasts four days.

November 4, 2013 1:24 AM

Review by lili86 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: After these reviews,I understand one thing-all body is different. I am 27,taking orsythia for 1 year and before I took other pills. All of them have the same symptoms. About gain weight-girls you just have to control yourself during taking pills,do sport,eat the same portion of food(not double), have wonderfull relationships and life is wonderfull!!! Moodiness etc... it is not because of pills,it is because of ur thoughts. We use to think that someone or something is guilty in our problems. Boolshet

October 19, 2013 9:56 PM

Review by true.south (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've taken oral contraceptives for a couple of years, almost 10 years ago. I decided to try again and was prescribed Orsythia. While it does its job - I'm not pregnant - I'm constantly tired and sleepy, my sex drive is almost nonexistent now, my breasts often hurt, and the first day of my period is very painful. I can take Tylenol for the menstrual pain but other side effects are unacceptable.

September 24, 2013 5:49 PM

Review by Janey Girl:

For Birth Control: Been taking Orsythia for one month. I've noticed breakouts of acne along my jawline and some random ones on my upper lip, some weight gain. I feel a bit swollen at times, my feet and my arms mostly. My mood has not been affected. Although I have been getting a lot of headaches since I started with this pill, every day practically, relieved by Tylenol.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2013 12:10 AM

Review by age26 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: Taken for nearly a year. Started after a terrible few months on Junel FE, when I was depressed and anxious & had no sex drive. Before Junel, I'd taken Loestrin for ~6 months (neutral experience), but my copay was so high I had to switch. After a few bad months, my doctor recommended Orsythia. And my NEW insurance covers it at no copay! PROS -No pregnancies! -Lighter, shorter periods with somewhat reduced cramps. NEUTRAL -May have helped clear up acne, although I think most of that was due to other prescriptions from my dermatologist. CONS -Somewhat decreased sex drive, but that also could be from my antidepressant, Escitalopram.

August 29, 2013 6:17 AM

Review by Izzlebit19 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for the past 4 months. Its my first time ever being on birth control and I'm 19 years old. The positives for me about it are that I don't have cramps at all, I have a period for only 3 or 4 days and my acne cleared up really well. I still get a few little pimples every now and then but not as bad as I used to. The negative factors about this are the WEIGHT GAIN, I hate it. I went from a size 8 jeans to a size 10-12 in the past 4 months. I'm trying to find ways to control it though. I also don't have any sex drive, I'm hardly ever in the mood to do anything anymore. The last one is that I get depressed every now and then.

August 14, 2013 11:29 PM

Review by 1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I switched to this from Loestrin FE 1/20 and got my sex drive back, acne cleared up, and I barely notice that I am on this pill. No longer dizzy or hormonally sad, or feeling like everything is cloudy. I also actually have a noticeable period and no longer spot throughout the month. I do have bad cramps again, but I've always had cramps. Best switch!

August 10, 2013 8:04 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Orsythia for two years now, and after reading these reviews I am making some connections. I have definitely had very light periods since switching to Orsythia (sometimes to the point of wondering whether I was missing a period!) with no cramping at all. I've never had issues with cramping, though. However, I have had little to no sex drive, some weight gain, and general moodiness here and there. All within the last year and a half I never thought to relate any of it to my contraceptive and plan to discuss with my doctor at my upcoming appointment.

August 6, 2013 6:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Reading the reviews. I'm really jealous of those light period no crampers. I've only been taking Orysthia for 5 weeks and at first it wasn't too bad. I noticed significant weight gain during the past 2 weeks and am on my first period on birth control. They are killer. I have never experienced cramps this bad. I get sharp pains in my back, legs, shoulders, and stomach. Everyone's body is different and this pill isn't working for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate