User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Birth Control 51 reviews 223 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Orsythia reviews 51 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Orsythia

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've just completed my first week on Orsythia. Being that I had to start it during my period, I noticed a change in my cycle immediately. I'm usually a 3/4 day-er. I am now on my 7th day with no sign of let-up. That's a bummer. From what I've gathered from friends/family, it's just my body getting used to the hormones. But when is it going to end? No cramps, no mood swings, no headaches, and FREE! I guess, so far, so good. Just ready to be off my period!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2014 6:36 PM
Review by dont let the reviews scare you (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was so scared to start this pill because of all the negative reviews, so glad I started anyways! I had been on the Mirena for 5 years and didn't want another so my Dr prescribed me these. First, they were free under my insurance. I have not gained ANY weight and have had zero side effects! Other then making sure to remember to take them, it has been a painless transition. Don't be scared of the bad reviews, what works for some may not work for others! These have been great!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 29, 2014 5:02 PM
Review by lalalindsay (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill has been pretty close to perfect. No weight gain, no depression, and my periods are much lighter and shorter. During the first few months my acne got really bad and I almost got off the pill, but then it went away around month 3 and my skin is pretty clear. I think this was just a bodily reaction to the change in hormones. The only negative is that this pill does make me drowsier than I used to be but I can manage. And plus I'm not pregnant, so I guess it's doing its job pretty well.

February 24, 2014 10:13 PM
Review by No nickname: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking this pill for 6 months now and I'm calling my doctor today to switch. I'm constantly tired, my cramping is more painful than when I was on a different pill that was discontinued, I have 10 days periods when I used to have 3-4 day ones, headaches all the time, and absolutely no sex drive whatsoever. The only positive thing I can say is no pregnancies!

January 9, 2014 9:06 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was on this pill for close to seven or eight months. It was great at first, absolutely no side effects, until the last three months on it. I was bleeding for four weeks at a time with one week of no bleeding in between. This was my only issue with this birth control. I have been on three other birth controls before this one (stopped because they were discontinued) and have never had any problems with any of them which just shows that I am not prone to mood swings or break outs, cramps, etc., so this pill worked for me personally but may not work for just anyone.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 31, 2013 12:24 PM
Review by Annie 460283: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Love this pill! I tried Ortho Cylclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Loestrin 24. They all made me emotional, have angry outbursts, and hazy feeling. I didn't want to go back on the pill because of that but I wanted to give it one last shot. It hasn't affected my mood or weight at all. Everyone's body is different. If you have issues with a pill look up the hormone combination. I noticed that the 3 failures had one in common and tried to find a new pill that didn't contain that hormone. Orsythia was one and I really am happy I gave it a shot. What works for one person might not work for you. Keep an open mind and keep trying until you find what works for you.

December 26, 2013 10:03 PM
Review by L. L.: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am on my 4th month taking this pill. This is my first time regularly having sex without a condom and I have not gotten pregnant. My sex drive is great, but I have a lot of cramps and breast tenderness. I gained some weight at first, but I went back down when I stopped eating as much. My periods have been long, but relatively light. Considering I can overcome the side effects and I get this brand for free it works for me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 25, 2013 11:50 PM
Review by becca91 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've had no negative side effects. Been on it for two months. No acne, I lost weight and my sex drive shot through the roof!! No pregnancies. Only thing is my periods are a bit heavier and more cramps. But it only lasts four days.

November 4, 2013 1:24 AM
Review by lili86 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: After these reviews,I understand one thing-all body is different. I am 27,taking orsythia for 1 year and before I took other pills. All of them have the same symptoms. About gain weight-girls you just have to control yourself during taking pills,do sport,eat the same portion of food(not double), have wonderfull relationships and life is wonderfull!!! Moodiness etc... it is not because of pills,it is because of ur thoughts. We use to think that someone or something is guilty in our problems. Boolshet

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 19, 2013 9:56 PM
Review by true.south (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've taken oral contraceptives for a couple of years, almost 10 years ago. I decided to try again and was prescribed Orsythia. While it does its job - I'm not pregnant - I'm constantly tired and sleepy, my sex drive is almost nonexistent now, my breasts often hurt, and the first day of my period is very painful. I can take Tylenol for the menstrual pain but other side effects are unacceptable.

September 24, 2013 5:49 PM
Review by Janey Girl: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Been taking Orsythia for one month. I've noticed breakouts of acne along my jawline and some random ones on my upper lip, some weight gain. I feel a bit swollen at times, my feet and my arms mostly. My mood has not been affected. Although I have been getting a lot of headaches since I started with this pill, every day practically, relieved by Tylenol.

September 9, 2013 12:10 AM
Review by age26 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Taken for nearly a year. Started after a terrible few months on Junel FE, when I was depressed and anxious & had no sex drive. Before Junel, I'd taken Loestrin for ~6 months (neutral experience), but my copay was so high I had to switch. After a few bad months, my doctor recommended Orsythia. And my NEW insurance covers it at no copay! PROS -No pregnancies! -Lighter, shorter periods with somewhat reduced cramps. NEUTRAL -May have helped clear up acne, although I think most of that was due to other prescriptions from my dermatologist. CONS -Somewhat decreased sex drive, but that also could be from my antidepressant, Escitalopram.

August 29, 2013 6:17 AM
Review by Izzlebit19 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for the past 4 months. Its my first time ever being on birth control and I'm 19 years old. The positives for me about it are that I don't have cramps at all, I have a period for only 3 or 4 days and my acne cleared up really well. I still get a few little pimples every now and then but not as bad as I used to. The negative factors about this are the WEIGHT GAIN, I hate it. I went from a size 8 jeans to a size 10-12 in the past 4 months. I'm trying to find ways to control it though. I also don't have any sex drive, I'm hardly ever in the mood to do anything anymore. The last one is that I get depressed every now and then.

August 14, 2013 11:29 PM
Review by 1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I switched to this from Loestrin FE 1/20 and got my sex drive back, acne cleared up, and I barely notice that I am on this pill. No longer dizzy or hormonally sad, or feeling like everything is cloudy. I also actually have a noticeable period and no longer spot throughout the month. I do have bad cramps again, but I've always had cramps. Best switch!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 10, 2013 8:04 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Orsythia for two years now, and after reading these reviews I am making some connections. I have definitely had very light periods since switching to Orsythia (sometimes to the point of wondering whether I was missing a period!) with no cramping at all. I've never had issues with cramping, though. However, I have had little to no sex drive, some weight gain, and general moodiness here and there. All within the last year and a half I never thought to relate any of it to my contraceptive and plan to discuss with my doctor at my upcoming appointment.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 6, 2013 6:21 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Reading the reviews. I'm really jealous of those light period no crampers. I've only been taking Orysthia for 5 weeks and at first it wasn't too bad. I noticed significant weight gain during the past 2 weeks and am on my first period on birth control. They are killer. I have never experienced cramps this bad. I get sharp pains in my back, legs, shoulders, and stomach. Everyone's body is different and this pill isn't working for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 3, 2013 12:57 AM
Review by HS815: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Orsythia for about a year (and on various pills over the last 10 years) and it was fine at first. However in the last 4-6 months have noticed a HUGE change. Weight that I just can't seem to shed, hormonal acne on my jawline and neck, no sex drive, and really awful moodiness and depression. Everything else in my life is peachy so I knew it was my hormones due to this pill.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2013 2:21 PM
Review by Kellls (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Orsythia since January. Ever since I've basically completely lost my sex drive. I'm never in the mood and I have terrible sleep and very irritable. I thought it was just me but reading the reviews and people saying basically the same things I'm having makes sense. The only good thing is that Ive barely had any cramps.

July 17, 2013 2:40 PM
Review by Ashley5986: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I will say that from expirience everyones response is different and I've had much worse reactions to different birthcontrol pills before but I will list all of my side effects that I had from this medication....... severe mood changes, I cried ALL the time ( but I didn't feel angry, just sad), trouble wearing contacts, swelling of the fingers when working out, weight gain, some water retention, headaches, and NO sex drive....but on a good side I had light periods, light cramping, no spotting, and I didn't get pregnant.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 4, 2013 1:40 PM
Review by NicoleNMV: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I honestly do not remember my experience much from switching to this BCP a year ago. What I can tell you is I've had NO negative experiences. What I HAVE just found out is you should NOT eat grapefruit (or drink the juice) while taking this pill. I didn't know this and just recently began eating broiled grapefruit for breakfast these last 2 weeks. Well, my cycle did not come and all I had was some spotting. Freaked me out thinking I was pregnant!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 3, 2013 10:28 PM
Review by awilson96 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been told that many people have negatively reviewed this birth control, and I'm honestly a bit surprised at that. I am 17, and I take Orsythia for birth control as well as period regulation, and it does a fine job at both of those. I take the pill very faithfully every night and rarely miss a dosage. I am not pregnant, so the pill is doing its intended job, and I also get my period for about 4 days during the row of white pills. The only thing I don't like is that I break out a little bit more than I did on my previous pill. Other than that, I recommend at least trying this medication.

May 23, 2013 12:18 AM
Review by mom46 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was nervous taking this med after reading negative reviews but, after a rough first week that included nausea (quelled by taking Dramamine) a nasty headache, having my face break out (I am 46 and do NOT get break outs), and then break through bleeding...everything calmed and I've loved the medicine ever since. All the original side effects went right away and my period was extremely light and short...love it. Glad my Dr convinced me to stick with it because I almost quit taking it.

April 23, 2013 4:35 PM
Review by Audrey12345: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Orsythia for one year and it's been a breeze. Zero side effects -- literally zero. You will find a plethora of horrible reviews for this pill, which is actually what spurred me to write this positive one. Remember that people that are content with their pill don't always think to write a review, I didnt! I've had no acne, no weight gain, no mood swings, no pain, short and light periods, no spotting, and NO PREGNANCIES. Give it a try, everyone's bodies are different. Just because other people have had a bad experience with a medication doesnt mean it will happen to you!

April 22, 2013 10:44 PM
Review by Lanes (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: First time ever starting birth control and the reviews on here scared me! SO glad I decided to tough it out! I've been taking it for 4 months and the only symptoms I have had are a little more emotional outburst two days before my period (not that big of a deal, I was always prone to PMS emotional outbursts anyways) and breakthrough bleeding the first month. No weight gain, no acne (actually, less acne). I realize all women are different, but just thought I'd share my mostly pleasant experience with this pill! Oh, and of course...it works! Not pregnant!

April 17, 2013 2:20 PM
Review by Rachel E: User Rating:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I don't have insurance but do have a discount at my pharmacy. I've used Lutera for 12 years! Last month I was switched to Orsythia and did notice my mood changed a bit, was so hungry therefore gained 10 pounds. I did have a super light period and my breasts didn't hurt at all this past time. I needed to start eating good anyway and I've lost weight and I now know what's causing my increases anger so I'm more mellow (myself again). I like Orsythia and plan on not switching.

April 8, 2013 1:27 PM