User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 163 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Orsythia reviews 81 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "This worked as birth control but it made me break out with the worst acne I've ever had all over my face."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst birth control I have ever experienced. I have been on the pill for 5 years and this was given to me as a filler between my annual exam (I normally have a different brand). I had no idea that brands can differ so much, and I thought nothing of it. Right away on this pill I became sick to my stomach and thought I had the flu. I had horrible gas and heartburn. My breast hurt horribly. I got horrible acne all over my chin! Then by the third week I started to feel mild cramping in my calf and sharp pains all over my body. This pill has inspired me to go off the pill in general. Horrible experience."

Erica g April 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I guess it did the job and did serve as a birth control . But other than that, this pill did make me depressed. I was on it for about 8 months or so. It didn't really help with my acne, I think the first week of the pack (after the placebos) my face would be flawless and the rest of the days it would be breakouts. I was always always sad and crying. I got off of it mainly because of the depression. I have been off it for a full 2 months now and I am feeling MUCH better. Much happier... my face is clearer. I don't think this birth control was for me."

JM12345 April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I used to get extremely heavy periods and very severe cramps, and I was looking for a birth control pill that would help with it. My OB/GYN prescribed me Orsythia, and I was a little worried about side affects from what I've read online from others. But, I had none! No weight gain, mood swings, acne, or nausea! Nothing at all! My problems with cramps and heavy periods went away within three months, and there was a definite improvement right when I started taking it. No more cramps or acne, and my periods are now super light! I can't speak for everyone, since hormone pills will affect everyone differently, but this pill was a perfect match for me! I'd highly recommend it for birth control and managing difficult periods."

Anonymous March 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm just about to finish my first month of Orsythia and I love it! Everyone will have a different experience but mine is great! I have no bad side effects. I don't know if it's the birth control but ever since I've started taking it, my acne has been under control, I've lost weight, and my breasts seem a little bigger! I don't have any cramps or feel any more tired than usual. Definitely happy with this birth control!"

Ashleyyyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it."

Kourtney1234 February 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I just recently switched from Minastrin Fe to Orysthia so far the only problem I have had with it is much more acne, the good side to it is that I only get my period for about three days and so far I haven't had any spotting. I'm going to stick it out for a couple of months to see if the whole acne issue goes away."

Michiii February 18, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I am 40 years old. My doctor prescribed this medication to treat heavy bleeding due to an ovarian cyst that developed after several Clomid cycles with my infertility specialist. After three months, my periods are regular again, but at the cost of several unpleasant side effects. I have painful cystic acne in my genitalia, I have gone from being calm and relaxed to short-tempered, and my sleep cycles have been disrupted, leaving me tired all the time. The first day or two of my period is extremely painful, but that may be due to the fact that I have more like a 25 day cycle and the pill is trying to force a 28 day cycle. "

Mooncastyre (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Got on Orsythia because of PMDD. Used to be suicidal right before my period. After taking the pill I'm MUCH more balanced. Only criticism is it makes my breasts extra sore during PMS. And the first couple months I had spotting. But, overall it's great. And it's definitely done its job to prevent pregnancy!"

Maggiedoodle January 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this for about six months. I used to have periods that lasted six days at a time and I would have a long time in between. I've also always been small and have trouble gaining weight. I've never had acne. As soon as I went on this I broke out and gained eight pounds even though I was eating less and exercizing more and have been emotionally unavailable. In the beginning my skin broke out but that changed after three months. My period still last as long but now its slightly heavier and I get it nearly twice as often. However, I have to give it a seven because my fiance and I have unprotected sex and I am not pregnant. I have had slight breast tenderness but that has also gone away for the most part."

Anonymous7 January 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Orsythia for almost two weeks and my emotions are all over the place. I get very upset at my boyfriend for no reason and I tend to cry a lot. I have also had a little more acne than usual."

M_D_C_ December 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on the pills for 2 months and I have been so emotional as in depressed. I've had a little bit of acne but it's not that bad. No weight gain, in fact, I've lost 5 pounds. Very very nauseous but can't throw up. Headaches here and there. I'm not sure if I'll switch just yet.. I'll probably try it out a little longer"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I have had no problems on Orsythia, and have been very happy with it. My periods are much lighter and of shorter duration. I did not experience weight gain, decreased sex drive, and my skin/monthly breakouts did not increase. I have seen a small enhancement in breast size/mass, which was not a dramatic increase, but I was pleased about that. I rate it a 9/10 because this is the only pill I have tried, so I can't fully rate it a 10 without any form of comparison. I also had wished that I would completely prevent my monthly hormone-drop associated breakouts, but those were just high hopes. Overall for me, an effective pill in preventing pregnancy without any adverse side effects to speak of."

Juliesies December 3, 2014

For Birth Control "Since I've been taking the pill after giving birth and suddenly I get car sick easy I get headaches all the time and my stomach gets crazy sick. I don't know what to do because it does protect me."

sarahmichelle2014 November 23, 2014

For Birth Control "It was great, take it at night though to avoid stomach trouble. But it worked great no acne or bleeding."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on it for almost 2 years and it does great. I have no cramps, period starts normally on my third day of my blue pill, when I remember to take them it last about three days its super light. I'm not throwing up. My face recently started breaking out but maybe I need more water."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2014

For Birth Control "This pill has made me so emotional. I'll be crying over the most pointless things and can't seem to control my emotions. I was never like this before, although it has lightened my periods."

Sandy6543 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for two weeks now and I have noticed I've been feeling super fatigued. I am usually energetic and outgoing but the past two weeks all I have wanted to do was sleep, even while I'm out with friends I'm still tired."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Orsythia for 6 months for controlling dysmenorrhea, or painful periods. Before starting birth control overall two years ago, I missed at least two days of school and work a month because my cramps, backache, nausea, and headaches prevented me from doing more than sitting in bed crying. After Orsythia, I barely get a period, it lasts four days and I rarely need to use anything more than a pantiliner. I get the occasional cramp, but nothing unmanageable. I love this pill!"

anthonyj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 3 months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm bloated the first two weeks of my pills. It's terrible. I always start in the middle of my row of my active pills and my period is long. Like 8 days. Not happy. I'm calling to switch. I switched from Minastrin Fe which was terrible too."

Ksg1133 August 15, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking Orsythia for about a year and a half and I have no complaints about it. After reading a lot of the comments I noticed people were only unsatisfied with it because of pimples and weight gain. Sure I get an occasional pimple or cramp but can we look at the bigger picture? It does its job in protecting us from getting pregnant. That's all I have to say."

jrhaney14 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2014

For Birth Control "I started this birth control in November of 2013, waited about a month and a half before I started having sex and it protected me. I stopped in mid-March and got back on it two weeks later right after my period. Then 12 days after I started taking it again, I had unprotected sex and I was so scared I was pregnant but I'm NOT. It's best to start taking this birth control RIGHT after your period or during your period, you will be fully protected. Only side effects were the weight gain because my appetite increased. Other than that I was good. Light periods that last about 1-2 days also."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2014

For Birth Control "Only been taking Orsythia for under a month and it was perfect at first but towards the end of the first month my stomach always hurts, like it feels like it's bubbly or you could say hungry. Loss of appetite as well, eat half my food and then feel like throwing up. I hope these are the only problems I have or I will switch to a different one."

Cylus July 6, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control for 3 days and I can already tell what the side effects are, I have horrible nausea and have been vomiting, My legs and feet are swollen, I have started getting acne on my jawline, and I have been having the worst cramps ever. Gonna stick with it for a week until my dr gets back to prescribe new medication."

Mrs ferrara June 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on it for three months and have gained over 10 pounds, while on my regular gym schedule. I also never get pimples and I have had about 6 in the past 3 months."

megan23578 June 19, 2014