Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 177 medications

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Orsythia reviews 77 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Orsythia

Review by Ashleyyyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm just about to finish my first month of Orsythia and I love it! Everyone will have a different experience but mine is great! I have no bad side effects. I don't know if it's the birth control but ever since I've started taking it, my acne has been under control, I've lost weight, and my breasts seem a little bigger! I don't have any cramps or feel any more tired than usual. Definitely happy with this birth control!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 2:34 PM

Review by Kourtney1234:

For Birth Control: I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it.

February 23, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by Michiii:

For Birth Control: I just recently switched from Minastrin Fe to Orysthia so far the only problem I have had with it is much more acne, the good side to it is that I only get my period for about three days and so far I haven't had any spotting. I'm going to stick it out for a couple of months to see if the whole acne issue goes away.

February 18, 2015 9:31 PM

Review by Mooncastyre (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ovarian Cysts: I am 40 years old. My doctor prescribed this medication to treat heavy bleeding due to an ovarian cyst that developed after several Clomid cycles with my infertility specialist. After three months, my periods are regular again, but at the cost of several unpleasant side effects. I have painful cystic acne in my genitalia, I have gone from being calm and relaxed to short-tempered, and my sleep cycles have been disrupted, leaving me tired all the time. The first day or two of my period is extremely painful, but that may be due to the fact that I have more like a 25 day cycle and the pill is trying to force a 28 day cycle.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 2:51 PM

Review by Maggiedoodle:

For Birth Control: Got on Orsythia because of PMDD. Used to be suicidal right before my period. After taking the pill I'm MUCH more balanced. Only criticism is it makes my breasts extra sore during PMS. And the first couple months I had spotting. But, overall it's great. And it's definitely done its job to prevent pregnancy!

January 12, 2015 7:58 PM

Review by Anonymous7:

For Birth Control: I was on this for about six months. I used to have periods that lasted six days at a time and I would have a long time in between. I've also always been small and have trouble gaining weight. I've never had acne. As soon as I went on this I broke out and gained eight pounds even though I was eating less and exercizing more and have been emotionally unavailable. In the beginning my skin broke out but that changed after three months. My period still last as long but now its slightly heavier and I get it nearly twice as often. However, I have to give it a seven because my fiance and I have unprotected sex and I am not pregnant. I have had slight breast tenderness but that has also gone away for the most part.

January 8, 2015 11:15 AM

Review by M_D_C_:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Orsythia for almost two weeks and my emotions are all over the place. I get very upset at my boyfriend for no reason and I tend to cry a lot. I have also had a little more acne than usual.

December 25, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been on the pills for 2 months and I have been so emotional as in depressed. I've had a little bit of acne but it's not that bad. No weight gain, in fact, I've lost 5 pounds. Very very nauseous but can't throw up. Headaches here and there. I'm not sure if I'll switch just yet.. I'll probably try it out a little longer

December 20, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by Juliesies:

For Birth Control: I have had no problems on Orsythia, and have been very happy with it. My periods are much lighter and of shorter duration. I did not experience weight gain, decreased sex drive, and my skin/monthly breakouts did not increase. I have seen a small enhancement in breast size/mass, which was not a dramatic increase, but I was pleased about that. I rate it a 9/10 because this is the only pill I have tried, so I can't fully rate it a 10 without any form of comparison. I also had wished that I would completely prevent my monthly hormone-drop associated breakouts, but those were just high hopes. Overall for me, an effective pill in preventing pregnancy without any adverse side effects to speak of.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 6:51 AM

Review by sarahmichelle2014:

For Birth Control: Since I've been taking the pill after giving birth and suddenly I get car sick easy I get headaches all the time and my stomach gets crazy sick. I don't know what to do because it does protect me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 2:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: It was great, take it at night though to avoid stomach trouble. But it worked great no acne or bleeding.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on it for almost 2 years and it does great. I have no cramps, period starts normally on my third day of my blue pill, when I remember to take them it last about three days its super light. I'm not throwing up. My face recently started breaking out but maybe I need more water.

September 10, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Sandy6543 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: This pill has made me so emotional. I'll be crying over the most pointless things and can't seem to control my emotions. I was never like this before, although it has lightened my periods.

September 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for two weeks now and I have noticed I've been feeling super fatigued. I am usually energetic and outgoing but the past two weeks all I have wanted to do was sleep, even while I'm out with friends I'm still tired.

August 29, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by anthonyj (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Orsythia for 6 months for controlling dysmenorrhea, or painful periods. Before starting birth control overall two years ago, I missed at least two days of school and work a month because my cramps, backache, nausea, and headaches prevented me from doing more than sitting in bed crying. After Orsythia, I barely get a period, it lasts four days and I rarely need to use anything more than a pantiliner. I get the occasional cramp, but nothing unmanageable. I love this pill!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Ksg1133:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 3 months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm bloated the first two weeks of my pills. It's terrible. I always start in the middle of my row of my active pills and my period is long. Like 8 days. Not happy. I'm calling to switch. I switched from Minastrin Fe which was terrible too.

August 15, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by jrhaney14 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I have been taking Orsythia for about a year and a half and I have no complaints about it. After reading a lot of the comments I noticed people were only unsatisfied with it because of pimples and weight gain. Sure I get an occasional pimple or cramp but can we look at the bigger picture? It does its job in protecting us from getting pregnant. That's all I have to say.

August 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started this birth control in November of 2013, waited about a month and a half before I started having sex and it protected me. I stopped in mid-March and got back on it two weeks later right after my period. Then 12 days after I started taking it again, I had unprotected sex and I was so scared I was pregnant but I'm NOT. It's best to start taking this birth control RIGHT after your period or during your period, you will be fully protected. Only side effects were the weight gain because my appetite increased. Other than that I was good. Light periods that last about 1-2 days also.

July 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Cylus:

For Birth Control: Only been taking Orsythia for under a month and it was perfect at first but towards the end of the first month my stomach always hurts, like it feels like it's bubbly or you could say hungry. Loss of appetite as well, eat half my food and then feel like throwing up. I hope these are the only problems I have or I will switch to a different one.

July 6, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Mrs ferrara:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this birth control for 3 days and I can already tell what the side effects are, I have horrible nausea and have been vomiting, My legs and feet are swollen, I have started getting acne on my jawline, and I have been having the worst cramps ever. Gonna stick with it for a week until my dr gets back to prescribe new medication.

June 23, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by megan23578:

For Birth Control: I have been on it for three months and have gained over 10 pounds, while on my regular gym schedule. I also never get pimples and I have had about 6 in the past 3 months.

June 19, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Princessbabe:

For Birth Control: I've been taking birth control for three years now. The Orsythia is the only birth control that has made me gain weight, I'm constantly hungry. I get moody a lot. And I've only taken this pill for three months.

June 4, 2014 9:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: When I first started taking Orsythia I loved it! It even caused me to lose weight. I would only take it in the morning or afternoon sometimes at night when I would remember and I never got pregnant. My pharmacy switched me to Lutera and I had irregular bleeding. I know its the same main ingredient, I am not sure if the dosage changed but I did have tender breasts. I actually thought I was pregnant but that was impossible because I had 10 day periods. I felt like I was always on my period. It was annoying. Then I got used to it. I feel as though I may have gained some weight but its all water weight and bloat. Now I am taking Aubra its the same ingredients so hopefully my body adjusts and I go back to being skinny with hardly any period.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by Nonnnnyyy23 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been on Orsythia about two weeks. My doctor prescribed it to help control my terrible PMS and cramps. I am bloated constantly. It looks like I have a little baby in my belly. My pants are tight and it sucks but I am going to stick it out and hope that it will go away after a month or so. I have been sleeping terrible and I am tired all the time. My breasts are tender 24/7 and I feel a little like in a cloud....not really depressed but not excited either. I haven't had any problems so far with acne and my appetite has actually decreased. I am hoping it will all level out in a few months.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Review by Christina205:

For Birth Control: I had been off birth control for about 3 years after a horrible experience with Loestrin 24 Fe. I was terrified to get back on the pill. After my partner and I weighed pros and cons, we decided to get on the pill. I'm so glad my doctor prescribed this brand. I was a day 1 starter and immediately I felt relief from cramps. I have had no cramping at all since I started (Very much unlike Loestrin) and period was light and only 3 days long ( RELIEF). I've had to control my emotions at times (I've noticed I'm slightly more emotional), my breasts are slightly tender, and my stomach thinks it's hungry all the time. Don't give into the tummy grumbles! Keep yourself on a healthy diet and you will not gain weight (So far no weight gain at all).

May 11, 2014 11:42 PM