User Reviews for Orsythia

Learn more about Orsythia.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 1 reviews 55 medications

Birth Control 120 reviews 271 medications

5.4
Summary of Orsythia reviews 122 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Orsythia

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 2 years , I've never really had a problem with this pill ...heck I have no complains really . I just notice sometimes I get break through bleeding especially if I start a new cycle after skipping a month. My skin remains clear , my mood swings are in check plus I get a lighter period. I really do believe this pill works differently for different people. Yes my breast do get tender around my period but that's normal for my body. I did gain wieght but I'm not sure it was due to the pill Bc I do eat a lot. Lol. My body only filled out more in the right places. I also have a healthy sex drive unlike when I was on the Nuevo ring."

LolaaElle January 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control pills for about 10 years now, and I REALLY don't like this one. I switched from Lomedia 24 because I wasn't getting periods, which made me a little nervous. I have been on this pill for 4 months now and I consistently get my period on the 9th day of the pack and it lasts between 5-7 days, which is really long for an oral contraceptive. I normally have nice skin and it has gone completely to hell - pimples and cystic acne on the lower half of my face. I also experienced a serious increase in appetite, which I have never experienced on a pill. I gave this pill a fair chance, but I'm getting back on my old pill next month. I gave this a 3/10 because I haven't gotten pregnant."

Britt B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this now for a little over a year. At first the birth control worked great for me! I would only have about four day periods and I barely ever had cramps. But starting about three or four months ago, everytime I'm not supposed to be on my period I will start on my first or second week of the pills and will be on it until my month of pills are gone. I'm not sure if it's my bodies way of saying it doesn't like this pill anymore or what.. has this happened to anyone else? I'm going to my gyno soon and I want to either switch my BC or get completely off it."

Kay10 January 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I tried this for my acne- First 3 months it was under control then suddenly got extremely worse. I have so much hormonal acne on my chin and neck, it has NEVER been this bad. My periods are great but I do not recommend this for acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control was completely effective for me when I was sexually active. However when I was not sexually active for my last two months of taking this pill my periods were more painful and barely bled at all. But while I was sexually active I barely had any acne, didn't gain any weight, and had no problems with my sex drive. I took this birth control for almost 2 years."

Alexandriaelaine December 27, 2015

"I've been on this birth control for about 2 weeks now (I know it's early) but I've had a horrible experience so far! I've had constant head aches, constant vaginal discharge (a lot at that), deep severe stomach pains, and my sex drive is not there. I have been very depressed and I cry all the time over nothing. Some nights my pain of nausea and headaches I've wanted to go get checked out. I'm acne prone so I break out anyways but I have noticed recently more acne starting to pop up. When this pack is done I'm definitely going to ask to switch because constant pain is not worth it"

Sam1373829 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I was given this to treat my cystic acne, and severe mood swings due to PMDD. This isn't my first time on birth control, either. Orsythia has been working well, a little too well! My acne vanished, my skin texture changed (for the better), and I no longer lash out at anyone for simply calling my name. However, now that it's been in my system for 5 months, I've developed dependent edema. My legs swell up like balloons, and they're firm to the touch. Anyway, overall, it works great, but with that nasty edema, I've been switched to a lower dosage of another brand. If you need a BC with some UMF!, Orsythia is your best bet. If not, find something weaker."

Meowmixez (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I left a review a month after I was on this pill and gave it a 10/10. Now after three months, my opinion and experience has changed entirely. 1. I have never had a yeast infection and I am 99% sure I had one and it is finally gone after a couple of weeks. 2. My periods are painful and heavy. 3. I am currently experiencing heavy bleeding while having a week left of my pills (i.e. I'm not supposed to be on my period until next week). I am very concerned and am calling my gyno tomorrow to switch pills immediately. I loved the pill I was on a year ago (ortho tri cyclen lo) so I think I'm going to look into it again. Please disregard my last review under Lindsey S."

Lindsey S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "For the first few months everything was fine. My periods were short and light and I didn't experience any cramps. After about a year or so I started gaining so much weight and experiencing mood swings, increased sex drive and tender breasts. I believe the birth control does its job, but the side effects aren't worth it. I got off of them for awhile and my body felt so much better/ balanced but I got back on to regulate my period again because it came on every 2 weeks. I'm switching as soon as I can."

JaziFae (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Everything was good with this BC except for the fact that it ruined my skin. I stopped after a year, took a break and started it again and both times I had terrible outbreaks all over my chest and face even though I had never had acne before. I've gone off it a second time and my skin still has not recovered. I wish it didn't do that because I would like to stay on it but I can't handle the acne it gives me. I never got mood swings or any other bad side effects while on it."

KateTX December 18, 2015

For Birth Control "When taking orsythia, I got yeast infection every three months , does anyone have a same problem as me?"

Fromhk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

For Birth Control "Age 29, Japanese. I've been on this BC for about 1.5week and this is my first time to use BC in my entire life. I was very worried about using Orsythia that is not approved in Japan. I couldn't even find any info in Japanese, so wasn't sure if it fits Japanese bodies. Right after I started to take the pill, I had the same symptoms as I do during period such as cramping. On the 9th day, I started to bleed but like a spot (still need a pad). I checked the Japanese site and found out that it was a normal side effect ppl have when they start to use BC. So maybe even using different brands, I would have the same thing. The site said that the symptoms wouldn't last longer than 3 months. I'm still bleeding on the 11th day but gotta see."

Matsumoto December 4, 2015

For Birth Control "When I started living with other women, their menstrual cycles pulled mine out of sync although I was taking Orsythia and should have my periods timed exactly. I haven't had any side effects however, and the pill is working."

Amy-gdala December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this BC for three months now. I switched to this type in hopes that I would be able to regain my sex drive, but I was a bit put off after seeing such terrible reviews. I'll start by saying I do not experience anywhere near the severity of side effects most people are reporting. I have not gained any weight, but my breasts have filled out a bit. I currently don't experience any mood changes, although between the first and second month I noticed that I was quick to get angry at smaller things much more frequently. This is no longer happening. My only complaint is the acne--I get a few cystic pimples on my chin on the weeks where I am on the active pills. Overall, I am very happy with this birth control."

Smadak November 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on (or was on) orsythia for about two years. I took a break from it to try the Nexplanon implant, but came back after a few months. The first time being on it was so-so. My first period on it lasted about 3 weeks. After stopping and being on it again, they lasted a normal amount of time. This birth control never did anything to lighten my period, but it did help regulate it and my cramps stopped. I also never experienced any of the bad side effects that the other people leaving reviews have. However, I have not ever taken it late, nor have I missed a day, and I still ended up pregnant. I still give it 5 stars because of the positive experience I had with it before I got pregnant, but I guess it does happen."

Nickname46789 November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "So this is my first week on any kind of birth control. I'm experiencing a very heavy and painful period, very low mood and depression, and lots of crying and weeping. I didn't think it would affect me so quickly. I'm not sure whether to ride it out for a month or just stop or switch. I really can't afford to be this out of it, given how demanding my work is. If you've had a similar experience let me know!"

grad student (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this pill June 2014, and have had only a positive experience. No weight gain, no acne, and no pregnancies! I use to get bad back pain and cramps however after starting the pill, they are gone and my period only lasts 3-4 days. I do get emotional right before my periods do but nothing to extreme. I would recommend to a friend, as I know friends who have also had a positive experience."

DH12 November 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I've only been on it for one month so my opinion and perspective might be a little skewed. However, I've experienced nothing but wonderful things. I have acneprone skin and I have not had any major breakouts. I have a curbed appetite now. I do sweat more but only when I'm being active. My period is so light, which is a definite plus! I highly recommend at least trying. Everyone's body is different, but it works for me."

Lindsey S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2015

For Birth Control "well I've been taking it for about 5 months now and My acne has cleared up but sometimes i feel like it isn't working so i get pregnancy scares but my period has been shorted but my cramping is still the same. I just don't cramp as much anymore."

Okay... November 1, 2015

For Birth Control "So much acne all over my neck and chin area. It's horrible, I feel bloated all the time. Going to stop this week, I am acne prone so this just ruined my skin that had been fine for a long time. I do not recommend this birth control for anyone."

Happinessiskey (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I honestly didn't have a problem with this pill the first 9 months I was on it. After that tho, my breasts grow and REALLY hurt every single month then shrink back to normal before my period begins. I've experienced nausea, super low sex drive, tender breasts, increase of appetite, you name it! I'm paranoid that I'm pregnant every month on this stuff! I'm finishing the last pack and switching for sure!"

Anonymous22222 October 25, 2015

For Birth Control "Was on this for 12 weeks for general birth control. It did exactly what it's supposed to do, but the acne it caused me just wasn't worth it. I didn't have mood swings or anything like that. I did, however, lose some weight. If you have sensitive skin this might not be the right one for you."

BeeTee October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I have only been on orsythia for about 1 month and I just started my second week of my second month. I guess I didn't notice earlier but I started to get slight headaches and I didn't feel very well physically and mentally. It do help with my cramps and my period, not so much my acne but it's better. The worst part of orsythia has to be the mood swings and the sweating! I sweat a lot even if it's cold I'll start a light sweat, it's gross. But the mood swings are the worst I just started feeling this and it happened while I was talking to one of my friends I just blew up on him, for no reason. Then later on I started to feel really bad(mentally) and I cried for a while and I couldn't figure out why I was crying! I don't recommend!"

Anonymous10345 October 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I never have a problem with this birth control. I've been on Orsythia for at least 3 years. I see all of the bad reviews, which I find interesting. I've never had a problem. I don't get cramps anymore and I have a very light, short period. I've never gotten pregnant. Very effective for me."

Anonymous September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "My pharmacist switched me to Orsythia after my regular birth control, Aviane, was unavailable. In the first 48 hours on Orsythia I having terrible mood swings and anxiety. Then came the bloating, weight gain and acne. I'm now on my placebo week and my hormone levels have dropped so rapidly that I feel like a crazy person. Can't wait to get off this stuff next week! P.S. I would HIGHLY recommend Aviane to anyone looking for a low-dose birth control pill. I was on it for years and never had any problems."

mkch (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015