Pill Identifier App

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lybrel reviews 9 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Lybrel

Review by ReeRee129:

For Endometriosis: I took Lybrel or the generic equivalent Amethyst for many years. In the first years I found it worked very well for me and I loved it. I never had a period! Then I needed to take NSAIDs regularly for osteoarthritis which caused constant break through bleeding along with Endometriosis symptoms. Whenever I discontinued use of the Lybrel to keep my lining from becoming so thin, my periods were dibilitating and extremely heavy. Just started on Reclipsen with hopes of better results. I recommend this pill for anyone who does not regularly take any meds that can cause blood thinning.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: No more periods. I started taking this after Seasonique. You absolutely must take it at the same time every day. I cannot believe that I suffered through horrible PMS and periods all of these years. I was actually pondering a voluntary complete hysterectomy it was getting so bad. Last week I was in my closet and stumbled across my stack of boxes of tampons and pads I used to need every month. Who knows how much money I spent every month. I am sad that I did not pursue this freedom much earlier. Some doctors may try to talk you out of your freedom for one reason or another. Do not give up! Get ready to live your life!

August 12, 2012 8:57 AM

Review by Kris00:

For Birth Control: I have been on Lybrel since it came out. It is an absolute miracle pill for me. I tell everyone about it. I have had no bleeding, no cramps since I have been on it. I used to have very heavy bleeding and terrible cramps. This pill has changed my life.

December 27, 2010 9:58 PM

Review by ILoveLybrel:

For Birth Control: I was on YAZ for about a year and it was a horror trip. After lots of internet research and talking to my doctor I switch to Lybrel. This pill is THE BEST I've ever been on. My mood swings are gone and I have not had any noticeable side effects. Thank you Wyeth for this great product!!!!

February 18, 2010 4:42 PM

For Birth Control: I used to take another oral contraceptive, which had 21 pill cycle, and was very happy- very light periods, max 5 days, no other side effects. But it contained hormone gestodene, which is not available in US, so I switched to Lybrel, because the ingredients are similar. When my other pills ended, I started Lybrel immediately, on my first day of period, as the instructions said. And the period lasted for two weeks. When taking the second pack- same two weeks. And now, with third pack things got even worse- my third period lasted for two weeks and now it's the end of the third week- I still have daily brown discharge. The positive side is that I didn't have any other side effects. The idea of being period free was so tempting... Alas.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2009 11:22 PM

For Birth Control: Have been on Lybrel for 1 year now and get periods, breakthrough bleeding, spotting and cramps. I used to have a normal 28 day cycle and my period was 5 days, it was very regimented. Now I have periods randomly that last 7 to 10 days. I was hoping to stop my periods but this obviously does not work for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2009 12:22 AM

For Birth Control: I love this medicine! I have never experienced break through bleeding and have been on it for a year and a half now. I had tried everything before this, generic birth control (made me emotionally crazy), the Nuvaring (could never remember to put it back in and it bothered him), Mirena (the wire bothered him) -- finally found this after all that and it's all about me -- NO PERIODS! NO CRAMPING. NO MESS. Life, normal... everyday.

November 10, 2009 3:30 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Lybrel since it came out in 2007. I LOVE this pill! I used to get horrible cramps that got worse as I aged. My cramps were so bad that I would have to miss work. Since I've been on Lybrel, I've had very little spotting and no monthly cramps. Except for the 1 month I'm off the pills every year. I don't know what I would do without it!

September 20, 2009 8:47 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on this for a little over a year (it just came on the market in the summer of 2007), and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. No breakthrough bleeding, no spotting, no periods (unless I missed more than a pill, then I had some light spotting). I've had so many problems with other birth controls, ranging from Depo, to the patch, to the ring, to 13 different types of pills, and I finally found one that worked for me!

January 21, 2009 3:19 PM