User Reviews for Levora

5.8
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Levora reviews 107 reviews 4.6

Reviews for Levora

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went from being a positive, upbeat, never cry type person. I'm stopping it today because I have been having suicidal thoughts, huge bouts of rage, self harming behavior, anxiety, extreme irritability and horrible feelings of being worthless. I have NEVER felt like that before until I took this for 8 months . DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Samjk94 February 2, 2016

For Endometriosis "For endometriosis I was initially prescribed Lybrel. They stopped manufacturing so I took Amethyst - the only listed Lybrel generic - for 3 years with side effects of break through bleeding and weight gain). Three weeks ago the pharmacy gave me this indicating Amethyst no longer available, which isn't true... This med is horrible. I have been bleeding low flow for two weeks (no period in 5 years), cramps, abdominal bloat, and increased a cup for bra size. Quick changes! The intense moods swings - particularly into rage and depression - have been scary. By indicating Amethyst "ONLY" CVS will order and my Dr called in, today. Can't get off this quickly enough. Avoid if you can."

Avoid If Possible (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Levora for over 2 years now and I really love it. I have not gained any weight due to being on the pill, I NEVER get acne, cravings and PMS symptoms are greatly reduced, and my periods are extremely light and short-almost like spotting. I still get cramps during the first day of my period, but they're so slight and Advil takes care of it immediately. I usually start within the 3rd day of the inactive pills and my period is over in 3 days, but lately I've been starting a day later so my period lasts 2 days-not complaining though! I also suck at remembering to take the pill every day and still have not gotten pregnant."

Happy! (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2015

For Birth Control "Does the job. Have been on it for just over a month. Some side effects, but nothing too crazy. Dealt with mood swings and nausea the first week or so, but went away. Sex drive remains high (lol its important) Only serious drawback is that I am craving food literally EVERY SINGLE minute. Went from 117lb to 135 in just 4 weeks..... wtf Oh. And my skin has gotten worse... I started geting acne around my forehead and upper-lip. Hopefully I the appetite and acne problem goes away as I get more used to the hormones."

Khloe H December 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I am overall very pleased. I've been using this pill for a year and my periods/ cramping couldn't be better. I do get a bit moody close to my period but I've tried other brands and this one's tolerable in this department. Overall I'm very pleased. And it's a huge plus my insurance covers 100 percent of this. Win win."

mpmp December 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on another birth control for 7 months and had horrible side effects before I started Levora. I have been on Levora for 3 months now and I love it! My face has cleared up completely, my periods are lighter and shorter then they used to be, and I haven't gained any weight. I will probably be on this pill for a long time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month taking levora, as far as my period goes it has done WONDERS. My period used to come and go as it pleased sometimes staying with me 2 full weeks out of every month, alone with raging mood swings, and severe cramps. The first two months were horrible my body hasnt taken BC in 5 years so my stomach always felt light cramping and I did have spotting and my emotions were everywhere the third month my cramps only came the first day of my period but the best was I only bleed for 4 days and the light for 2 and I can count on my period not coming 2 weeks! but I still want to find another brand because I now suffer from extreme depression at night, which was never a problem before I took this medication."

tef (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I highly recommend this birth control. As a woman who's tried four different kinds in the past, this one has minimal side effects. The first 2-4 weeks, you'll notice some water retention, but it'll go away. Levora really helps with my pms & pmdd, along with everything else. I'm someone who gets super sensitive and emotional before and during my period (in tears every night with a bag of chips) and levora has worked wonders with that...No more emotional eating & crying spells every 2 weeks! My hair has also gotten thicker and more shiny which is awesome! I also haven't had a single breakout."

chicadeefree123 November 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 5'5 and started at 125 pounds. I've been taking this birth control for 6 months and have gained almost 20 pounds (I'm at 143). Weight is impossible to lose.I eat well and exercise every day. Wouldn't recommend this at all."

Walker1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken this BC for close to 10 months. I have gained so much weight and I have the worse moods. I already have issues with anxiety and depression and this has made is worse. My acne still comes and goes. I am determined to stop this medication. In the other hand my periods have been fabulous. Before I would throw up and have horrible cramps."

silveralej August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for over a year and I have literally had all the side effects that are listed. I've felt so depressed and moody ever since taking this pill and I never use to be like that. I strongly recommend to not take this med if you typically feel nauseous a lot or if you have terrible periods like me. I have gained about 15 pounds from this med and I always feel bloated. Switching to something different tomorrow."

Anonymous August 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 4 months and I'm getting off of it asap. I am on month 4 and I have noticed my hair is falling out, I'm always angry and my face looks like a pizza. I was on accutane for acne last year but this pill has caused all of my acne to come back. It's very depressing. I don't take it at the exact same time everyday right now I'm worried it's not even doing its job as a birth control because I am on day 3 of my period and have not started. Hate this pill."

CaitlynKayyyyy July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "So far I've been on this birth control for a month now, and I love it. I'm 22, It's my first time taking birth control and I haven't had any side effects. My skin has cleared up completely. I'm really happy, so hopefully it stays that way :) I recommend it."

CassKass July 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I just start taking levora am wondering if the bad feeling is gonna go away. In the mornings when I brush my theeth I feel like I want to vomit It gives me the feeling as if am pregnant and am waiting to see if this is gonna continue else I really have to stop taking it"

suzie with the q July 3, 2015

For Endometriosis "I've been on other BCs before so I knew it would take a few weeks to adjust. Migraines: week 1 I had two migraines with auras. I have had migraines in the past, but never with auras and never this bad. I kept getting migraines and headaches until I cut out all caffeine. Acne: I know every girl reacts differently to BC but honestly if anything my acne got worse. I didn't really have a problem before this pill, but now I notice a few pimples every day. Pain: since I'm not on my period on this pill the pain is "lessened" but not gone. Instead, it's almost constant. Bleeding: I have been "spotting" every day for over 2 months. Lately I'm getting rashes and a bad smell because of wearing liners every day. For these reasons I'm stopping."

EndoGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using Ortho Levora for 3 years. I mainly use it for acne and so far I like the result. My problem is I feel bloated (water retention) other than that my face is smooth compared to my cystic infested face before! Well, I tried Doxycycline a medication specifically for acne but I stopped it immediately due to some horrible experience. I went back to Levora. I think I will be using this for many more years."

Luluwisen May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "So I know this is going to sound weird but , I am 28 and was put on this pill for a IVF and what IVF mean is I cant have a baby on my own so I have to go to a DR to help me , so anyways they put you on this pill for 15 days before starting other meds. This is day 4 of this pill and I feel like I could sleep 24/7 and I am depressed more then I would want to be, but seeing how I am going to be on this for a short time should I be worried ?"

Browneyesweetie May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "this drug actually helped me lose weight for some reason I exercise everyday and my diet has never been particularly bad but I wouldn't say it's good either and Ivery lost about 20 pounds since starting the drug. my acne is gone. occasional moodiness at the beginning of starting the medicine about 3 months ago but that evened out once my body got used to it."

aubreyanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Levora for about two years. Overall, it's great. Before Levora, I would break out each month before I started. My periods were very heavy and uncomfortable. Sometimes, my cramps would be so bad I would want to call into work. Now, my skin is clear. My periods are incredibly light and rarely painful. I am no longer a crazy person for two weeks out of every month. This is a winner."

thewatson27 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on depo provera but I had such horrible side effects I couldn't handle it. I wanted a normal period again so I ended up starting levora to help regulate things and as my new form of birth control. Levora should have been my first choice. It corrected all of the issues the depo shot left me with and I couldn't be happier. The only side effect I have is sore breasts. That's it! No spotting, no mood swings, no weight gain! If you're having trouble finding a birth control that works for you I'd say try levora. Everyone is different and what works for some might not work for others but I think it's definitely worth a shot."

Tdawg21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

For Birth Control "Overall, this has been what I have used for two years now. the side effects have been on an off, more moodiness, and emotional then anything. I have notice my moodiness more then ever here recently. The pill is great as far as regulating my periods. I just wish I was not so emotional and sometimes even depressed. It does not just affect me it affects others as well. As far as Acne, it is not nearly as bad as far as huge zits I got when I was not on birth control, but I still get them, just not as big, and as bad."

LMarieC (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this stuff! I've had no bad side effects at all. I have painless periods now, when before I used to be in bed all day from period pains. The only bad thing I've noticed is that some months I will be very moody while on my period. I also notice that the morning after taking the first pill of each pack I feel a bit nauseous when waking up, but it goes away within a few minutes (which is normal when taking anything with hormones). I started taking this pill when I was 18 at a 34D cup size, I am now 20 years old wearing a 32DDD. I think this pills definitely had to do something with making my boobs grow, but hey I'm not complaining!"

Kathyyyyy March 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for about 2 months, and have been very pleased. I experienced some mild weight gain, but not so much that it really matters. I had previously been on two other birth controls within the last year (LoLoestrin Fe and Kelnor) and Levora is BY FAR better for me. I can take the pill a few hours late and it's totally fine (my previous pills would case spotting if I took it even an hour late). I have skipped my periods thus far (so, twice) and have had no issues with spotting. Had one or two days in the last 60 where I was irrationally moody and bitchy, but for the most part I am very happy with Levora."

BonB (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 4 years and have a really bad cystic acne. Then my doc prescribed me Ortho Levora to stop it. I was amazed that it cleared my face. However, when I stop it it comes back. Well, I had a pretty bad diet and do not exercise so probably it contributes to the cystic acne lesions. Now, I exercise 5-6 times per week and diet is straight (no fast food, any types of sweet beverage- even juice or Gatorade-, no fried stuff, salty food, and etc.) Now, I can get off Levora without having any problems with cystic acne. Weight gain wise I did pack a lot of pounds when I first taking it. Well, I was eating unhealthy so it must be the culprit not the birth control itself. If anyone complains gaining weight on this you are eating too much."

Lea bb January 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I took Levora for the first time when I was 21 and the first day I felt really bad. I felt nauseated all day, I wanted to quit there then but I am honestly glad I did not. It was great after that, I did not experience any weight gain or acne issues. "

daisyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2015