User Reviews for Levora

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 163 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levora reviews 93 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Levora

For Endometriosis "I've been on other BCs before so I knew it would take a few weeks to adjust. Migraines: week 1 I had two migraines with auras. I have had migraines in the past, but never with auras and never this bad. I kept getting migraines and headaches until I cut out all caffeine. Acne: I know every girl reacts differently to BC but honestly if anything my acne got worse. I didn't really have a problem before this pill, but now I notice a few pimples every day. Pain: since I'm not on my period on this pill the pain is "lessened" but not gone. Instead, it's almost constant. Bleeding: I have been "spotting" every day for over 2 months. Lately I'm getting rashes and a bad smell because of wearing liners every day. For these reasons I'm stopping."

EndoGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been using Ortho Levora for 3 years. I mainly use it for acne and so far I like the result. My problem is I feel bloated (water retention) other than that my face is smooth compared to my cystic infested face before! Well, I tried Doxycycline a medication specifically for acne but I stopped it immediately due to some horrible experience. I went back to Levora. I think I will be using this for many more years."

Luluwisen May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "So I know this is going to sound weird but , I am 28 and was put on this pill for a IVF and what IVF mean is I cant have a baby on my own so I have to go to a DR to help me , so anyways they put you on this pill for 15 days before starting other meds. This is day 4 of this pill and I feel like I could sleep 24/7 and I am depressed more then I would want to be, but seeing how I am going to be on this for a short time should I be worried ?"

Browneyesweetie May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "this drug actually helped me lose weight for some reason I exercise everyday and my diet has never been particularly bad but I wouldn't say it's good either and Ivery lost about 20 pounds since starting the drug. my acne is gone. occasional moodiness at the beginning of starting the medicine about 3 months ago but that evened out once my body got used to it."

aubreyanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Levora for about two years. Overall, it's great. Before Levora, I would break out each month before I started. My periods were very heavy and uncomfortable. Sometimes, my cramps would be so bad I would want to call into work. Now, my skin is clear. My periods are incredibly light and rarely painful. I am no longer a crazy person for two weeks out of every month. This is a winner."

thewatson27 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on depo provera but I had such horrible side effects I couldn't handle it. I wanted a normal period again so I ended up starting levora to help regulate things and as my new form of birth control. Levora should have been my first choice. It corrected all of the issues the depo shot left me with and I couldn't be happier. The only side effect I have is sore breasts. That's it! No spotting, no mood swings, no weight gain! If you're having trouble finding a birth control that works for you I'd say try levora. Everyone is different and what works for some might not work for others but I think it's definitely worth a shot."

Tdawg21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2015

For Birth Control "Overall, this has been what I have used for two years now. the side effects have been on an off, more moodiness, and emotional then anything. I have notice my moodiness more then ever here recently. The pill is great as far as regulating my periods. I just wish I was not so emotional and sometimes even depressed. It does not just affect me it affects others as well. As far as Acne, it is not nearly as bad as far as huge zits I got when I was not on birth control, but I still get them, just not as big, and as bad."

LMarieC (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I love this stuff! I've had no bad side effects at all. I have painless periods now, when before I used to be in bed all day from period pains. The only bad thing I've noticed is that some months I will be very moody while on my period. I also notice that the morning after taking the first pill of each pack I feel a bit nauseous when waking up, but it goes away within a few minutes (which is normal when taking anything with hormones). I started taking this pill when I was 18 at a 34D cup size, I am now 20 years old wearing a 32DDD. I think this pills definitely had to do something with making my boobs grow, but hey I'm not complaining!"

Kathyyyyy March 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for about 2 months, and have been very pleased. I experienced some mild weight gain, but not so much that it really matters. I had previously been on two other birth controls within the last year (LoLoestrin Fe and Kelnor) and Levora is BY FAR better for me. I can take the pill a few hours late and it's totally fine (my previous pills would case spotting if I took it even an hour late). I have skipped my periods thus far (so, twice) and have had no issues with spotting. Had one or two days in the last 60 where I was irrationally moody and bitchy, but for the most part I am very happy with Levora."

BonB (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 4 years and have a really bad cystic acne. Then my doc prescribed me Ortho Levora to stop it. I was amazed that it cleared my face. However, when I stop it it comes back. Well, I had a pretty bad diet and do not exercise so probably it contributes to the cystic acne lesions. Now, I exercise 5-6 times per week and diet is straight (no fast food, any types of sweet beverage- even juice or Gatorade-, no fried stuff, salty food, and etc.) Now, I can get off Levora without having any problems with cystic acne. Weight gain wise I did pack a lot of pounds when I first taking it. Well, I was eating unhealthy so it must be the culprit not the birth control itself. If anyone complains gaining weight on this you are eating too much."

Lea bb January 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I took Levora for the first time when I was 21 and the first day I felt really bad. I felt nauseated all day, I wanted to quit there then but I am honestly glad I did not. It was great after that, I did not experience any weight gain or acne issues. "

daisyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 16 and been on Levora for about 2 months. At first I had a slight weight gain and extreme breast tenderness. But now on my second month my breasts have gone up a cup size, but tenderness is still there. The tenderness is bearable. My skin has improved greatly! My skin looks soft and clear. There's also been a decline of facial hair for me. I haven't had my period in almost 2 months with no spotting. I do have slight cramps near the time of my period but it only lasts for a second or two then disappears. Overall it works for me."

Jess Hess (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for two months. The first couple days I couldn't stop crying...I am NOT the crying type of person, and I had constant mood swings. The following two months I gained a significant amount of weight (10 pounds) even with running and dieting. My breasts were beyond sore and I couldn't handle my husband even lightly touching them. I felt bloated the entire time and my periods were back in full force! With my previous birth control (Natazia - my insurance stopped covering), I had no period and no ovarian cysts bursting. My gynocologist recommended I get off of this pill immediately. Hopefully I will have better luck with the next!"

Jamie f December 22, 2014

For Endometriosis "I've been on Levora for three years to help with my endometriosis. I've gained weight but most women do while taking any type of birth control. I used to have really bad acne now I only really breakout during my period, also my period is lighter and shorter. Every woman is different and our bodies aren't going to be the same as another woman talking the same birth control."

Jasmine Perez (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking it on and off (mostly on) for 4 years. It's worked like a charm. Even without the pill I've always had a fairly regular cycle and my cramps have been manageable with Aleve. With Levora, my period is the same length but it's lighter, and the cramps are lighter. I almost always start the same evening and the period lasts 3 days, with 1-2 more days spotting. My only complaint- each time I've gone on and off the pill, I've gained a couple pounds. I haven't had issues with mood swings or anything. But, I know it isn't 100% effective especially if you vomit/have bad diarrhea within some time of taking the pill, which worried me when I lived in the developing world and got food poisoning a lot."

kitten91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2014

For Birth Control "The first week of taking the pill I felt very nauseous. By the second week I was extremely moody. I'm towards the end of my third week and so far so good. I don't have any more nausea or moody swings. I feel like my sex drive has stayed the same. Although, there is a problem I don't know if it's the pills or my period, but I noticed I have broke out a little more than usual. I'm hoping this will go away after starting my second pack."

Anonymous October 5, 2014

For Birth Control "I've used Levora for almost a year now. I do have a heavier period however they seem to be getting lighter which freaked me out at first until I learned that is what this pill is supposed to do. When I do get my period I tend to get more moody and angry but when I start the new pack this moodiness ends. As for birth control I find it works very well."

Chrystall (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2014

For Birth Control "My first experience with birth control was when I was 16 and I was taking Sprintec for protection. It wasn't exactly horrible in the area of side affects but it gave me a great amount of acne. The acne was not too bad, it was merely extreme small and numerous bumps on my forehead but it looked really bad when I applied make-up as you can see the blemishes and bumps on my head in light. I immediately went off after two weeks. Now I'm 18, and I've been on Levora for 3 months now and it is fantastic. It did give me a small smattering of acne and great tenderness in my breasts, but it's very adjusting and my body has gotten the hang of it as the acne has calmed down and the pill has been doing its job of protection."

MaivLis (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Levora for 7 years. It's been exactly a set to the time and day of my menstrual cycles which I like. And no bad side effects ever that I have noticed, but am worried and anxious for whenever I choose to stop it what could happen to my body after so many years of non stop use."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2014

For Birth Control "I was VERY wary about being switched to this birth control. I had been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 3 years without any problems, but then I started having breakthrough bleeding, and increased skin breakouts including lots of cystic acne. Doctor put me on Levora, & after reading a lot of reviews of side effects, I was super worried I'd end up with worse acne. It's been 4 months and I LOVE THIS PILL. My skin has never looked better. I didn't experience any emotional issues with the switch. My period is regular again, and lighter than it even was on the other pill. I barely get any cramps. I love it. If you're reading all these negative reviews, remember people are more likely to post negative experiences than positive ones."

Mollyoxodon July 14, 2014

For Birth Control "I began Levora to help control my migraines that are caused by a significant drop in estrogen on or right before my period. Although they worked for the migraines, I started to notice symptoms like extreme moodiness, crying, frustration, etc within the first month but figured my body was just getting used to it since this is the first birth control I've been on. Three months later it got worse and I also had problems with water weight, a huge increase in acne, and terrible dry spots all over my face. The emotions got so bad it was affecting my relationship so I had to stop."

CarissaC April 13, 2014

For Endometriosis "I've been on this for almost 5 years and I love it, in the last two years I've actually lost weight, my skin which used to be horrible with acne is nice and clear. The first few months were kind of rough, as it is when starting any birth control. The only downfall would be how sensitive my breasts can get when it's cold. Almost painful at times, but it's definitely eased over the years."

Blyr February 28, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Levora for a month and a half. The first couple weeks I was super emotional and wanted to quit, but the emotions have gone away. I've gained maybe two pounds and my acne has mostly gone away. I've also noticed a decrease in facial hair."

Asdfgj (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2014

For Birth Control "Very good birth control. I've been with 4 different birth control brands before this one, different progesterone and levels of it as well. I did my research and this is the birth control I picked and it's been wonderful. I've been on this birth control for 9 months. No mood swings, hardly nauseous, light period, no weight gain or loss, it's been perfect. "

_melissa_ February 3, 2014

For Birth Control "I waited 1 month to write this review. Hopefully things will stay the same. First of all, I read quite a few reviews before I took this pill. Let me tell you, I was terrified. I paid more attention to the bad reviews because with my luck I would suffer from every bad side effect of this pill. My main concern was weight gain and mood swings. I broke out but took control of it by going on proactive. It's working but I have to make sure to wash morning and night. No falling asleep will make up. My breasts were tender for the first couple of weeks, actually, it was quite painful. No weight gain. My appetite has actually decreased. I had bad PMS episodes and that's when I gained weight. This pill seems to help with that. Overall, I am happy."

boobookittyfuq (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013