User Reviews for Levora

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 reviews 177 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levora reviews 78 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Levora

For Birth Control: The first week of taking the pill I felt very nauseous. By the second week I was extremely moody. I'm towards the end of my third week and so far so good. I don't have any more nausea or moody swings. I feel like my sex drive has stayed the same. Although, there is a problem I don't know if it's the pills or my period, but I noticed I have broke out a little more than usual. I'm hoping this will go away after starting my second pack.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 1:44 AM

Review by Chrystall (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've used Levora for almost a year now. I do have a heavier period however they seem to be getting lighter which freaked me out at first until I learned that is what this pill is supposed to do. When I do get my period I tend to get more moody and angry but when I start the new pack this moodiness ends. As for birth control I find it works very well.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by MaivLis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My first experience with birth control was when I was 16 and I was taking Sprintec for protection. It wasn't exactly horrible in the area of side affects but it gave me a great amount of acne. The acne was not too bad, it was merely extreme small and numerous bumps on my forehead but it looked really bad when I applied make-up as you can see the blemishes and bumps on my head in light. I immediately went off after two weeks. Now I'm 18, and I've been on Levora for 3 months now and it is fantastic. It did give me a small smattering of acne and great tenderness in my breasts, but it's very adjusting and my body has gotten the hang of it as the acne has calmed down and the pill has been doing its job of protection.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 3:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Levora for 7 years. It's been exactly a set to the time and day of my menstrual cycles which I like. And no bad side effects ever that I have noticed, but am worried and anxious for whenever I choose to stop it what could happen to my body after so many years of non stop use.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 8:25 PM

Review by Mollyoxodon:

For Birth Control: I was VERY wary about being switched to this birth control. I had been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 3 years without any problems, but then I started having breakthrough bleeding, and increased skin breakouts including lots of cystic acne. Doctor put me on Levora, & after reading a lot of reviews of side effects, I was super worried I'd end up with worse acne. It's been 4 months and I LOVE THIS PILL. My skin has never looked better. I didn't experience any emotional issues with the switch. My period is regular again, and lighter than it even was on the other pill. I barely get any cramps. I love it. If you're reading all these negative reviews, remember people are more likely to post negative experiences than positive ones.

July 14, 2014 10:08 AM

Review by CarissaC:

For Birth Control: I began Levora to help control my migraines that are caused by a significant drop in estrogen on or right before my period. Although they worked for the migraines, I started to notice symptoms like extreme moodiness, crying, frustration, etc within the first month but figured my body was just getting used to it since this is the first birth control I've been on. Three months later it got worse and I also had problems with water weight, a huge increase in acne, and terrible dry spots all over my face. The emotions got so bad it was affecting my relationship so I had to stop.

April 13, 2014 7:23 PM

Review by Blyr:

For Endometriosis: I've been on this for almost 5 years and I love it, in the last two years I've actually lost weight, my skin which used to be horrible with acne is nice and clear. The first few months were kind of rough, as it is when starting any birth control. The only downfall would be how sensitive my breasts can get when it's cold. Almost painful at times, but it's definitely eased over the years.

February 28, 2014 2:40 AM

Review by Asdfgj (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Levora for a month and a half. The first couple weeks I was super emotional and wanted to quit, but the emotions have gone away. I've gained maybe two pounds and my acne has mostly gone away. I've also noticed a decrease in facial hair.

February 26, 2014 9:43 PM

Review by _melissa_:

For Birth Control: Very good birth control. I've been with 4 different birth control brands before this one, different progesterone and levels of it as well. I did my research and this is the birth control I picked and it's been wonderful. I've been on this birth control for 9 months. No mood swings, hardly nauseous, light period, no weight gain or loss, it's been perfect.

February 3, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by boobookittyfuq (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I waited 1 month to write this review. Hopefully things will stay the same. First of all, I read quite a few reviews before I took this pill. Let me tell you, I was terrified. I paid more attention to the bad reviews because with my luck I would suffer from every bad side effect of this pill. My main concern was weight gain and mood swings. I broke out but took control of it by going on proactive. It's working but I have to make sure to wash morning and night. No falling asleep will make up. My breasts were tender for the first couple of weeks, actually, it was quite painful. No weight gain. My appetite has actually decreased. I had bad PMS episodes and that's when I gained weight. This pill seems to help with that. Overall, I am happy.

December 5, 2013 3:11 PM

Review by Nor92 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I never write reviews but I decided to share my experience with everyone on this birth control. I was so freaked out when I got this birth control because I saw all of these horrible reviews, depression, weight gain etc. I have had nothing but an amazing experience on this. I have been happier, my weight is finally staying in one range and not fluctuating, I even lost a few pounds (nothing serious but it did not make me gain). It has really been amazing and I think that if the reviews scare you, just try it. You can always switch. I was terrified but everyone has a different body and reacts differently. You never know, this might be the best thing for you.

November 24, 2013 3:59 AM

Review by YattyYatta (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I started on the patch for my acne, but my skin had allergic reaction to the patch. It gave me no side effects, so the doctor changed me to oral contraceptive. The one with the closest hormone dosage to the patch was Levora (called MinOvral in Canada). I have been on it for 6 years now. The only side effect I have experienced is mild breakouts right when I start a new pack after a week off, but I can put up with that. It is also slightly pricier than many other oral contraceptives. Unfortunately my school's insurance plan does not completely cover it, but it is still affordable.

October 20, 2013 2:05 AM

Review by Liz0l:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Levora for about a year and a half now. It was definitely a rough start. I felt moody, like crazy moody, every single day for about a month when I started it. After that first month, it was smooth sailing. I love that it regulates my period. It comes on the same day, at the same time, every month (not to mention it only lasts 2-3 days and is super light!). I have experienced no weight gain and the only cramps I get are the day before my period, and the pain there is mild. Its a great option if you don't mind taking it every day. Oh, and did I mention it has done its job in preventing pregnancy.

October 17, 2013 10:02 PM

Review by Lynn9024 (taken for less than 1 month):

I was put on Levora because I didn't want my period anymore. Didn't have any problems to begin with, my period has always been light and on time, it would just happen on days where I really needed it not to. I've been taking it for exactly 3 weeks (started the day my period ended) and it's been great! I have no mood swings whatsoever, no weight gain, no headaches, and no nausea! My libido was already pretty high but now it's even higher! My breasts are a tiny bit sore but they've increased from an A to a B. Only negative thing I've noticed so far is that I have more breakouts than I used to but it's not horrible. I was supposed to start my period today but didn't so it could be working for that. As long as I have fewer periods. First birth control for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2013 10:43 PM

Review by c3c1:

For Birth Control: Had to stop after two months. I got depressed and suicidal, constantly crying. I'm normally extremely happy person, laugh at everything. I got really bad body acne. Painful cramping.

July 29, 2013 4:21 PM

Review by Meggie102:

I took this to help with period cramps and it did not help. It also made me extremely moody.

July 25, 2013 1:21 PM

Review by Kawaiikraken (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: To those of you experiencing side effects within the first 3 months-I would advise you to stay on it and see if the side effects subside. For the first 2 months or so I had persistent crying for no reason at all (my boyfriend was unbelievably confused), but that went away after 2 months. Also, I had terrible, painful, oozing acne all over my face ever since about 4th grade, but after a few months of Levora my skin is perfect. I have people constantly asking me what my secret is! My sex drive has stayed the same. I gained 20 lbs almost right away, but my pants still fit, so it's not a major problem for me. My only issue is with spotting and breakthrough bleeding. Going to the doc tomorrow to talk about that

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2013 2:38 AM

Review by LaMarie (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Levora for over a year. I have always weighed in at 100 pounds but after two months on Levora I gained 20 pounds and have stayed that way since. For the past 6 months I have been eating better and exercising better than I have in years with no change in the weight. I have also noticed my hair thinning out. I had no moodiness or problems with my period. I am switching to Aviane, so hopefully that goes well.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2013 2:35 PM

Review by Elsie James:

For Birth Control: I've taken Levora, since I was 18, and am now 30. Not once have I noticed any issues except for a slight decrease in my sex drive. No weight gain, no cramps, very little mood swings(but that can be said for all, including men) my period lasts about three days and they are extremely light- to the point it can go unnoticed. I've also had unprotected sex for 11 years with the same man, and not once have I been pregnant, or even a close call. My period arrives at exactly the same time every month like clock work. It makes me feel like a normal human being. I might have one day prior to staring my period, in which I feel a little funky; but it sure beats the alternative! I'd never switch, and if you're unsatisfied, try it!

June 23, 2013 11:46 AM

Review by LevoraUser (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have taken Levora for the past 2 years. During this time I have gained 30 lbs. Libido has decreased and I get lightheaded after sex (not sure if this is typical!) No pregnancy while on this pill. No substantial acne issues. I do like that my periods now occur regularly every month for a shorter amount of time (2-3 days rather than 5-6 days every 30-70 days). Period cramping is not nearly as bad as before taking the pill. Still, I am very unhappy about the weight gain. It may be a combination of this medication and other lifestyle changes I've had during the past 2-3 years.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2013 2:33 PM

Review by fdjkl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I started this pill about three weeks ago. I've been crying non-stop. Not to mention I get irritated quickly and my moods are up and down. It's affecting not only me but my love life. I started doubting my now long term boyfriend loving me. Before I started this pill my depression was starting to get better then BAM I'm on this pill and I start sleeping over and over again, I feel bored/worthless in life once again. Also the side effect of getting pimples, my skin was clear before this. I'm changing my pill.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2013 5:37 AM

Review by Emrod:

For Birth Control: I have been on many different birth control methods for years now. None of then have worked for me. But when my doctor prescribed me Levora I was like "hmm, but I'm not a pill popper. Okay I will try this." Levora is the best thing that has ever happened to be. I now get my period for 3 days versus 7 days! I love this pill and I get no side effects.

May 17, 2013 3:24 PM

Review by Mrs.LEBT (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I am a 27 year old first-time oral birth control user, and started on Levora 11 days ago. I know side effects are supposed to last for a few months then even out, but I don't know if I can handle a few months of this! It has hit me in phases! The first phase was headaches (which I never get normally!), breasts sore beyond belief, and exhaustion. That has now shifted to hot flashes with lightheadedness followed by anxiety and LOTS of crying! I have also been constantly nauseous. Thinking of food makes me nauseous, but I'm also starving and feel like I can't eat enough! All I can hope is that this is also a phase and it will even out and I'll just have to tough it out. But if it doesn't ease up I think I'll have to try a different pill.

April 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Review by Sabrinalala (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Im 17 and the first month on this birth control was great. No side effects, nothing! Then the 2nd month came and I got very, VERY emotional. I was crying and crying over stupid things and it was worrying my boyfriend. Then in the 1st week of the 3rd month, I got very depressed, lost my appetite. I had to force myself to eat, and I was nauseous. I had lost 8 pounds in the course of a week and a half. Every month was getting worse. I mentioned it to my mom what it was doing. She advised me to stop taking it, I went to the doctors yesterday and they prescribed me a new pill with less hormones, Microgestin 1/20.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Review by Olivia P:

I am 16 years old and started the pill 4-5 months ago. Wasn't sexually active on the pill. Took some time but It cleared my skin up wonderfully. Although, I've gained a significant amount of weight. Grew out of mostly all my jeans. I gained about 10 pounds so I'm switching to another birth control. Not positive if this all caused by the pill, but weight has never been a problem for me. Didn't notice any mood changes. My periods were really light. Just not happy about the weight gain...

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate