User Reviews for Levora

5.2
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 2 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Levora reviews 119 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Levora

For Birth Control "Levora made me have my period constantly. it was useless for me as far as birth control goes because I didn't want to have sex on my period. I thought I had a cervix infection so I went in and they told me to stop taking my bc pills for a bit and after two days of not taking them anymore, my period stopped. I was also constantly breaking out with cyst acne which had never happened before levora."

jazzy720174 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about a year 6 years ago. Everything was fine. I started taking it again for about 8 months. When I started it I was very emotional and sensitive to basically anything. Then I've had random spotting (dark brown) for about 2-3 weeks. This has happened twice in the 8 months I've been on. I've decided to stop taking this pill and try something else."

Tori418 May 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Did its job by not getting me pregnant but I would definitely not recommend taking it. I was in and out of the hospital for 6 months with a weird nauseating stomach ulcer and the doctors never knew what was wrong. Every time they would dismiss me from the E.R. They would give me anti nausea pills and antibiotics to "control the pain and nausea", not get rid of it. Recently I stop taking my levora birth control and I haven't had one stomach ulcer problem."

J2333 May 16, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "This pill was great for the first 2/4 months. OK side effects included:weight loss, slight mood swings, cystic acne flare ups, normal sex drive. BAD side effects: Breakthrough bleeding that was brown then red then brown again FOR 2 MONTHS. Vag was very dry, would burn and itch, so uncomfortable, i had yeast infections for no reason too! The reason my GYN put me on this was because I had an ovarian cyst found in Oct '15 and each month after that when i'd get my period (which always lasted 3 days) i was in SEVERE PAIN which required vicodin or percocet or oxy to treat. I was off BC for 2 years prior to taking Levora. I can't take the break thru bleeding anymore which is why i'm switching to Minastrin. Hopefully that works better for me too..."

levorawaslikereallygreat May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Non cyclical breast pain, decreased sex drive, difficulty losing weight, discharge. Definitely not the worst I've been on but the hormonal effects it had on me were not worth staying on it. It also did not do a lot to help my bad pms symptoms like others I have been on."

Britt27c May 4, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was prescribed Quasense about 2 years ago for endometriosis and was very happy with it but after changing medical insurance it was no longer an option so I switched to Levora about 3 months ago. My endometriosis symptoms are still at bay but I have gained weight and not pounds but I've just gotten flabby with an increased appetite. I feel lethargic and I'm not sure if it's the pill or the "weight gain" but my sex drive it at an all time low. So I guess here I go again into the sea of birth control meds. I refuse to gain weight and feel bad about myself. Of course all pills affect everyone differently so you might as well try it. Just wanted to share my own personal experience with someone who may have had a good reaction to Quasense."

jennykay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about a year and at first I loved it. I was on depo provera for a while but my periods were all over the place and skin wasn't in very good shape. Once I started levora, my breasts were very tender but they also grew so I wasn't complaining. About 6 months ago I started packing on pounds. I'm 5'2 and have never gone above 110lbs. I am now a solid 125lbs, sometimes more. I have not changed my fairly healthy diet and do lightly excercise. My skin has not cleared up and my sex drive is gone. I literally got nothing good out of this pill other than big boobs (Again, not complaining). I am getting off of this pill asap."

RhiannonRW April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I just switched to the IUD after being on Levora for about 7 years. I lost about 10 lbs in the month and a half (about) since getting off levora and my sex drive is back. My friend also just got off levora and is shedding pounds"

782339782381 March 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the Levora pill for 3.5 years now. My breasts never got any bigger, and I got a bit of acne that I ended up getting medication for. My periods have been really light, as others are saying. However, I'm an athlete and have just been diagnosed with Osteopenia (early onset of Osteoperosis) and I'm only 22. Basically, the Levora has inhibited my calcium intake for almost 4 years so my bones are becoming less dense. Getting off of the pill immediately."

Eidda (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2016

For Birth Control "This is the first and only birth control I've used so I can't really compare it to anything else. However, my periods are lighter on Leverage but I do get worse cramps. For the first couples months taking it, my breasts were tender but that went away. Levora also caused me to have acne all the time. It's effective and has little side effects, but there might be something better."

aen (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the first pill prescribed to me in my teen years (I'm 32 now). I took them for about 3 years before iIgot off the pill altogether for about 10 years. When I got back on the pill, I was prescribed a different brand and went with it thinking how bad can it be...biggest mistake ever!!! After 8 months of suffering on the other pill, I switched back to my old, trusty Levora. What a relief!!! I experience very little, if any side effects on this pill, and it immediately started to reverse the chaos the other pill had caused my body (weight gain, bloating and severe mood swings). Thank you Levora!!"

Perfect! February 9, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went from being a positive, upbeat, never cry type person. I'm stopping it today because I have been having suicidal thoughts, huge bouts of rage, self harming behavior, anxiety, extreme irritability and horrible feelings of being worthless. I have NEVER felt like that before until I took this for 8 months . DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Samjk94 February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on this birth control to make my periods lighter and easier yet I got more than that! My acne was cured (moderate acne) now my face is clean I don't get cramping and my headaches are gone :)"

Pinktropicaldrinksinmalibu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2016

For Endometriosis "For endometriosis I was initially prescribed Lybrel. They stopped manufacturing so I took Amethyst - the only listed Lybrel generic - for 3 years with side effects of break through bleeding and weight gain). Three weeks ago the pharmacy gave me this indicating Amethyst no longer available, which isn't true... This med is horrible. I have been bleeding low flow for two weeks (no period in 5 years), cramps, abdominal bloat, and increased a cup for bra size. Quick changes! The intense moods swings - particularly into rage and depression - have been scary. By indicating Amethyst "ONLY" CVS will order and my Dr called in, today. Can't get off this quickly enough. Avoid if you can."

Avoid If Possible (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Levora for over 2 years now and I really love it. I have not gained any weight due to being on the pill, I NEVER get acne, cravings and PMS symptoms are greatly reduced, and my periods are extremely light and short-almost like spotting. I still get cramps during the first day of my period, but they're so slight and Advil takes care of it immediately. I usually start within the 3rd day of the inactive pills and my period is over in 3 days, but lately I've been starting a day later so my period lasts 2 days-not complaining though! I also suck at remembering to take the pill every day and still have not gotten pregnant."

Happy! (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 23, 2015

For Birth Control "Does the job. Have been on it for just over a month. Some side effects, but nothing too crazy. Dealt with mood swings and nausea the first week or so, but went away. Sex drive remains high (lol its important) Only serious drawback is that I am craving food literally EVERY SINGLE minute. Went from 117lb to 135 in just 4 weeks..... wtf Oh. And my skin has gotten worse... I started geting acne around my forehead and upper-lip. Hopefully I the appetite and acne problem goes away as I get more used to the hormones."

Khloe H December 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I am overall very pleased. I've been using this pill for a year and my periods/ cramping couldn't be better. I do get a bit moody close to my period but I've tried other brands and this one's tolerable in this department. Overall I'm very pleased. And it's a huge plus my insurance covers 100 percent of this. Win win."

mpmp December 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on another birth control for 7 months and had horrible side effects before I started Levora. I have been on Levora for 3 months now and I love it! My face has cleared up completely, my periods are lighter and shorter then they used to be, and I haven't gained any weight. I will probably be on this pill for a long time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my 4th month taking levora, as far as my period goes it has done WONDERS. My period used to come and go as it pleased sometimes staying with me 2 full weeks out of every month, alone with raging mood swings, and severe cramps. The first two months were horrible my body hasnt taken BC in 5 years so my stomach always felt light cramping and I did have spotting and my emotions were everywhere the third month my cramps only came the first day of my period but the best was I only bleed for 4 days and the light for 2 and I can count on my period not coming 2 weeks! but I still want to find another brand because I now suffer from extreme depression at night, which was never a problem before I took this medication."

tef (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I highly recommend this birth control. As a woman who's tried four different kinds in the past, this one has minimal side effects. The first 2-4 weeks, you'll notice some water retention, but it'll go away. Levora really helps with my pms & pmdd, along with everything else. I'm someone who gets super sensitive and emotional before and during my period (in tears every night with a bag of chips) and levora has worked wonders with that...No more emotional eating & crying spells every 2 weeks! My hair has also gotten thicker and more shiny which is awesome! I also haven't had a single breakout."

chicadeefree123 November 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 5'5 and started at 125 pounds. I've been taking this birth control for 6 months and have gained almost 20 pounds (I'm at 143). Weight is impossible to lose.I eat well and exercise every day. Wouldn't recommend this at all."

Walker1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken this BC for close to 10 months. I have gained so much weight and I have the worse moods. I already have issues with anxiety and depression and this has made is worse. My acne still comes and goes. I am determined to stop this medication. In the other hand my periods have been fabulous. Before I would throw up and have horrible cramps."

silveralej August 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for over a year and I have literally had all the side effects that are listed. I've felt so depressed and moody ever since taking this pill and I never use to be like that. I strongly recommend to not take this med if you typically feel nauseous a lot or if you have terrible periods like me. I have gained about 15 pounds from this med and I always feel bloated. Switching to something different tomorrow."

Anonymous August 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 4 months and I'm getting off of it asap. I am on month 4 and I have noticed my hair is falling out, I'm always angry and my face looks like a pizza. I was on accutane for acne last year but this pill has caused all of my acne to come back. It's very depressing. I don't take it at the exact same time everyday right now I'm worried it's not even doing its job as a birth control because I am on day 3 of my period and have not started. Hate this pill."

CaitlynKayyyyy July 27, 2015

For Birth Control "So far I've been on this birth control for a month now, and I love it. I'm 22, It's my first time taking birth control and I haven't had any side effects. My skin has cleared up completely. I'm really happy, so hopefully it stays that way :) I recommend it."

CassKass July 13, 2015