User Reviews for Levlen

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 0 reviews 112 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levlen reviews 7 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Levlen

Review by nbell825:

For Birth Control: This was the first pill I tried. My periods were always regular and I had very mild teenage acne beforehand, but after taking this for 3 months I had the most AWFUL cystic acne on my chin and forehead. I swapped to another and it disappeared. A friend of mine had the exact same experience.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2011 4:32 AM

For Endometriosis: I was first given this birth control when I lived in the UK (under the name of Microgynon 30) for my severe Endometriosis. I take a pill every night and do not take any inactive pills for the week you usually have your period. Since I take Levlen everynight, I have stopped my period and no longer have one. Bliss! I have no more Endo pain or any associated side effects. Even though I have been thrown into "medically controlled menopause", I have no menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness and so on. For the first two months I had break through bleeding, but now going on 2 years I have none. I have had a wonderful experience with this birth control and it has completely made my Endometriosis symptoms disappear.

December 13, 2010 3:44 PM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Levlen is a product I have used for the last three years in order to regulate my periods (I have amenorrhea). Without the aid of hormones, I do not have a proper cycle and therefore have been on "versions" of the pill since fifteen. Levlen is just as good as any, and (for me) the contraceptive ability is an added bonus.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2010 7:43 AM

For Birth Control: I was on Levora (brand) for several months before switching to Levlen (generic) due to my pharmacy being unable to stock the brand name drug. Over the last several months on Levlen I've noticed my moodiness increasing and my sex drive drastically decreasing. This happened once before when switching from brand to generic.

August 18, 2009 6:42 PM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was having heavy bleeding and long cycles, they would last over 2 weeks. With my next cycle I started taking Levlen on day one and had no bleeding on day two. I was surprised how quickly it worked to stop bleeding immediately.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2009 10:59 AM

For Birth Control: I used this pill after switching multiple pills and this was the only I did not have side effects from.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2008 11:17 PM

For Birth Control: I had migraines for years until I switched to this pill, now I no longer have headaches. I think it is due to the low dose of hormones in the pill.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate