User Reviews for Jolessa

Learn more about Jolessa.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 175 medications

Ovarian Cysts 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Jolessa reviews 51 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Jolessa

Review by thattt girlllll:

For Birth Control: I've been on Jolessa since I was 17 and I'm now 23 & I absolutely love it! I had break through bleeding the first month, but after that only four periods a year and they only last 2 days 3 at the most. I recently changed doctors & got Camrese and I hate it! I've been spotting the whole first month. At the end of the month I had a full five day period. I'm switching back to Jolessa. I thought that Jolessa and Camrese was the same but they are not.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Tiger18 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been on Jolessa for about a month due to having excessive cramps and bleeding so I was excited to try not having a period for three months, but so far everything is fine no bad side effects except a little acne. So far a good birth control.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by Jolessa (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Jolessa for 9 years. I have my period 2 days after starting the sugar pill, an its always been the same and right on time. I don't have acne except an occasional zit or two, my weight for the nine years has been the same beside small weight gain. I started Jolessa when I was 15-16 and I'm 24 now. I've never had a problem. And I haven't gotten pregnant. I don't take it at the exact same time. I just take it when I wake up or remember. Thus far I love it! I'm also very active in sports so its nice only having a period every 3 months. I will say that after a year or so of taking Jolessa I did lose the sex drive. That lasted about 1-2 years, but it came back two fold.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by JuniBean:

For Birth Control: This has been better than past birth control pills that I have used. I have been on Jolessa for probably 1 1/2 years. I like that you only get 4 periods a year, however I have noticed my sexual drive decrease the longer I have been on it, and my sensitivity to sex has decreased. Other then that I like the pill.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 10:10 AM

Review by hammys.wifey:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I started Jolessa in October 2013 right when my period started at the beginning of the month. Right away I was sick to my stomach several days & My periods normally last the full 7 days, but on this pill it never stopped. It went to a light period and gradually throughout the 3 months got heavier until I started the white pills-the period week, at the end of December. Once I started the new pack January 1st. The bleeding finally stopped until Febuary 1st, started the second month of pills and right away started bleeding again. It is now Febuary 12 & I went to the doctor yesterday she put me on a different birth control Low-Ogestrel 28 and we're hoping this stops my bleeding and works better for me.

February 12, 2014 2:50 PM

For Birth Control: This is my 3rd month on this birth control and so far my breast has gotten bigger, they have been sore, I happen to be hungry all the time and have gained a good 10 pounds. Other than the weight gain, being hungry all the time and soreness in my breast, this birth control is pretty good. Hey, only 4 periods every year! I think I'll stick to this for a while. I'll just have to exercise and have self control on what I eat!

November 23, 2013 9:10 PM

Review by Abstinent Newly Wed:

For Birth Control: I am on my first pack, one and a half weeks before my placebo week. I had dark brown spotting for three weeks, starting the second month. It has progressed into a period. I'm going to do one more pack to see if anything changes, but this is a horrible side effect. I chose Jolessa because I'm a newly wed and I didn't want as many periods. In addition to the spotting, my sex desire doesn't exist. This is very challenging, as my breasts have grown significantly and my husband like breasts. On a positive note, I didn't get pregnant while I was able to have sex. That's wonderful. Now, I can't get pregnant because I'm not having sex. Thanks Jolessa.

November 5, 2013 11:13 AM

Review by NotAMommy:

For Birth Control: When I first became sexually active, I started a one month at a time pack, (I don't remember which one) but after a few months, I couldn't take the nausea anymore. I went to the doctor and was prescribed Jolessa. I've now been on Jolessa for about a year now and I absolutely love it. I have no side effects, except for the first week after the "sugar pills." I get nausea shortly during this time, but it's nothing compared to before. My period is easy and comes and goes on the same two days every three months!

October 9, 2013 2:06 PM

Review by Angie3:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Before being on Jolessa, I had trouble with heavy menstrual cycles that were making me anemic. It took about two months on the pill before I stopped spotting. Now I hardly have a period even on the active pills. The only negative side effect of this medicine is that I've gained about twenty pounds.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2013 11:04 AM

Review by Mouth of dark:

I love it

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2013 5:46 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Jolessa since about a month before I got married, so about a year and a half. I started on Ortho-Tri-cyclen, but it literally gave me blinding migraines. So, I started Jolessa and had minor spotting during the first few months, but nothing major. I also had minor (compared to the previous ones) migraines, but haven't had any in at least 8 months. Unfortunately, I have gained at least 20 lbs and have gone from a 36D to a 36DD (possibly larger). I loved that I had no breakouts in the beginning, but now it has returned with a vengeance. All in all, I love only having 4 periods a year, despite the side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2013 1:14 AM

Review by MochaPhoenix:

For Birth Control: I am on my 2nd pack, I recently switched from Seasonique. I am happy with both, I don't see any differences between one or the other. This is a great product since you only get a period every 3 months.

March 24, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by VeeGirl:

For Birth Control: I first got on Jolessa because the menstrual cramps I suffered each period were HORRIBLE. I haven't had any cramps or spotting since starting the pill, other than the obvious period related ones when that time finally does roll around. I'm mostly happy with this brand! However, one thing I have noticed since meeting my boyfriend and becoming sexually active with him is that this pill kills sex drive dramatically. I gave it a good rating because I'm pleased with it's performance, but I'll be switching for a more healthy sex life with someone that I care deeply for.

January 16, 2013 10:06 PM

Review by TamaralnH (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I have been on Jolessa for 41 days and for the last 16 I have been bleeding some days with terrible terrible cramping then clotting like crazy and just when I think it's over it remains and I am bleeding again. I can't wait for my appointment, I may stop before then.

December 27, 2012 1:04 PM

Review by Kris9999 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Endometriosis: I started on Jolessa after surgery for endometriosis and have absolutely no complaints. My doctor has me taking two packs continuously without taking the placebos and it has done wonders in the area of pain. I've maintained the same weight, my breasts grew a cup size and I've had no spotting. I completely recommend this to anyone!

December 21, 2012 6:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've had no side effects, no spotting to bleeding other than when I should. No weight gain or bloating. Very happy with this product.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2012 9:40 AM

Review by lynndee1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm on my second pack. I have not take birth control in years but my doctor recommended it to help with my endometriosis. Previously I had cramps, no cramps now. No spotting, period came as scheduled with the pills. No headaches. I have noticed some acne but nothing to worry about really. I have gained weight, about 10 pounds, and went up 1 bra size, without any change in diet or my exercise program. I find that I am hungry all the time and not sure how to lose these 10 pounds without going on a very strict diet. Other than the weight, I'm very happy with Jolessa.

August 15, 2012 11:38 AM

For Endometriosis: I started taking this medication for endometriosis as a last option before surgery. While I have only been on this medication for a little under three months I must say I'm so impressed. After reading reviews I was a little nervous. I have had very little pain and my menstrual cramping is completely gone almost. I haven't had any spotting or hair loss! It does not make me sick and very little breast soreness. When compared to other medicines I have taken, this is like a Godsend. While I know this will not take care of my problems forever it is working wonders right now! Everyone reacts to medicines differently and I just had to share my experience to tell everyone how wonderful this one is if you are considering taking it.

July 9, 2012 6:31 PM

Review by DramaMama (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on Jolessa for 7 years. I DON'T take the placebo pills, and have not had a period the 7 years except for once, when the Doctors office and Mail order pharmacy my former insurance made me use, got their wires crossed. If I don't take the pill exactly the same time every day...my body lets me know that it needs it's dose! No acne, and I have not had any weight gain. Slight spotting here and there, maybe once or twice a year. I don't plan on having any more children (I have a 10 1/2 year old), but am only 28, so the Dr.'s won't let me get a tubal ligation. I thought of the IUD, but quite frankly, I like NEVER having a period. No ill effects after 7 years without it. Healthy as ever.

May 24, 2012 11:01 AM

I wanted to take this medicine to deal with period related migraines. I have been bleeding for the last 15 days. I have never had a bad reaction to a birth control pill before. It is distressing. My doctor has taken me off this medication and switched me to a higher dose pill.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2012 3:28 PM

Review by Meds192:

For Birth Control: I've been on Jolessa for 2 months now. I've been spotting going on a month straight. My doctor put me on Motrin 600 3 times a day for 5 days and that was supposed to help stop the spotting. It did make it lighter but after the 5th day, I had really bad cramping and spotting went to a heavier flow. I'm going to try and hang in there because the pills did increase my breast size which is great for someone that's 31 and wearing 34A. Hoping the spotting would stop soon since I start my 3 month in a couple days.

April 4, 2012 11:03 AM

Review by Kaitlin4890:

For Birth Control: I just started my second month of Jolessa. A month ago I weighed 105-115 depending on the week I guess. Now I weigh 140 pounds! I also am getting acne on my shoulders and sometimes my face, but I wash it multiple times a day because it is so oily! My skin has also been extremely irritated, I have never used lotion my skin has never needed it, and now it is extremely dry and itchy, and recently I started getting bumps on my arms like underneath the skin. Cramps are horrible around the time I am supposed to have my period. I haven't had my period or spotting since I started, however if you miss a day you will get it! I have been extremely up and down with my moods.

March 28, 2012 9:55 PM

For Birth Control: It took 2 months for my body to adjust to the pill. I spotted frequently during those 2 months. I experienced some mood changes which is a side effect. It got bad enough that I had to switch to a different birth control. I couldn't handle the constant "sad" feeling. If it hadn't have been for that experience, I would've stayed on Jolessa.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2012 11:20 AM

I have suffered nearly every side effect possible from Jolessa. I am 23 and my acne is now worse than it was during high school, and that is with daily acne medication! I have some days with no appetite, and other days where I throw up every time I eat. I have light to heavy bleeding every day, and cramping at least every few days. I also have really bad vaginal pain and itching. If having your period 4 times a year apparently doesn't harm your body, I don't know how this is supposed to be normal. Switching as soon as possible.

January 17, 2012 11:46 PM

For Birth Control: Jolessa is my favorite birth control so far. I have tried many, including Yasmin, Depo-Provera, the patch, NuvaRing, and Beyaz. None of these helped my acne and a few had horrible breakthrough bleeding. However, since I've been on Jolessa, I haven't experienced any negative side effects, and surprisingly my breakouts are few and far between. When I do breakout, it's usually one pimple at a time, and heals much faster than before. No weight gain or increased appetite and my sex drive is thriving. No breakthrough bleeding what-so-ever. Love it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate