User Reviews for Jolessa

Learn more about Jolessa.

Endometriosis 2 reviews 161 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ovarian Cysts 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Jolessa reviews 59 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Jolessa

For Birth Control "I went on this pill so that I didn't have to have my period every month, but within the first 2 weeks I gained 10 pounds. I've been on it for 4 months now and for 2 months straight I was spotting every single day. I tried absolutely everything to lose the weight including dramatic changes and nothing has worked. I am now having a full period so I am going off the pill because it doesn't seem to be effective. My face did get better while on it, but nothing is worth the emotional unstableness and weight gain I am experiencing."

Elizabeth2000 April 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Going on 2 months now. I had 16 days of extremely heavy bleeding with heavy clotting. I have PCOS and would have some crazy abnormal period but never with severe cramping and clotting. I went through a regular tampon in 1 hour and about 45 overnight pads in that 16 days. My left breast is considerably more tender at all times and I have random spotting and cramps almost every day. I'll be calling my doc to tell her I'm going off of this pill. I won't make it to the third month. I'd rather use condoms (and I hate condoms)."

Stepb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Jolessa for 4 years and am quite pleased with it. I chose to go on birth control because I used to get really bad cramps and have heavy bleeding. The reason it doesn't a get 10 star review from me is because the first month of adjusting to it was awful for me. I had horrible cramps and pretty much nonstop bleeding. But 4 years removed from the situation, I would say it was worth it. I did not experience weight gain and it's so nice to have control over my body. Now my periods are predictable and the cramps aren't as bad."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I got on Jolessa because I get horrible migraines when I get my period, so having it just 4 times a year is much better than 12/13 (I got it every 22 days). I gained a little weight but other than that, I love it. I've never had any issues with other side effects and I've been on it for a year and a half."

Happy User (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on my 3rd month close to the sugar pills and I have been spotting for the past week and a 1/2. I've gained 10lbs, experience pimples here and there, mood swings, and a decrease in sex drive! I'm not sure if I like the pill yet or not b/c my body hasn't had time to completely adjust. I hate the spotting and cramps but my breast did grow and the 1st few months on it was great. I think I'll try another pack to see if my body adjusts."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Jolessa Lo October 16, 2014. At first I hated it because I was nauseous the first week with bad migraines, then it went away. My appetite has increased & I have a little acne here and there. After the first month I was spotting until I ended the entire pack. When my period started on the last 7 days I got my new pack (91 pills), then there was no more spotting. So the first three months is a breakthrough, after you should be good! Its my 4th month now (1/22/15). Also my sex drive did not decrease, but I have several mood swings"

Kayla 23 yrs old January 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this birth control because my body had a negative reaction to the Depo Provera shot. I enjoy getting my period every three months, and it's always pretty light. The only bad side effect I have experienced is skin sensitivity. I more easily get acne and whenever I scratch myself the marks show. The most prominent example of skin sensitivity comes from my bra. It just hurts so bad at the end of the day that I have to take it off. Otherwise this has been a great birth control, considering this is fourth one I've tried."

samanthaaaaaaaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 26, 2014

For Birth Control "Since getting a tubal ligation 10 years ago, I have had heavy periods, over the years it has gotten heavier & more painful, I got anemia, and so fatigue at least 2 weeks before period and then my cycle would last at least 9-10 days. So basically a week out of the month I was semi-normal. The beginning of this year I barely found out you can take birth control to stop your period, obviously I jumped on that, got a prescription for Jolessa. Started it & my period still came as usual but wasn't that heavy, and then for the next 2 months I had spotting everyday.....but then the 3rd month maybe 1 or 2 days of breakthrough bleeding because I forgot to take a pill. Now 10 months of taking Jolessa I don't have a period at all."

jenmarielara (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Jolessa since I was 17 and I'm now 23 & I absolutely love it! I had break through bleeding the first month, but after that only four periods a year and they only last 2 days 3 at the most. I recently changed doctors & got Camrese and I hate it! I've been spotting the whole first month. At the end of the month I had a full five day period. I'm switching back to Jolessa. I thought that Jolessa and Camrese was the same but they are not."

thattt girlllll October 5, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on Jolessa for about a month due to having excessive cramps and bleeding so I was excited to try not having a period for three months, but so far everything is fine no bad side effects except a little acne. So far a good birth control."

Tiger18 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been on Jolessa for 9 years. I have my period 2 days after starting the sugar pill, an its always been the same and right on time. I don't have acne except an occasional zit or two, my weight for the nine years has been the same beside small weight gain. I started Jolessa when I was 15-16 and I'm 24 now. I've never had a problem. And I haven't gotten pregnant. I don't take it at the exact same time. I just take it when I wake up or remember. Thus far I love it! I'm also very active in sports so its nice only having a period every 3 months. I will say that after a year or so of taking Jolessa I did lose the sex drive. That lasted about 1-2 years, but it came back two fold."

Jolessa (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 25, 2014

For Birth Control "This has been better than past birth control pills that I have used. I have been on Jolessa for probably 1 1/2 years. I like that you only get 4 periods a year, however I have noticed my sexual drive decrease the longer I have been on it, and my sensitivity to sex has decreased. Other then that I like the pill."

JuniBean February 16, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started Jolessa in October 2013 right when my period started at the beginning of the month. Right away I was sick to my stomach several days & My periods normally last the full 7 days, but on this pill it never stopped. It went to a light period and gradually throughout the 3 months got heavier until I started the white pills-the period week, at the end of December. Once I started the new pack January 1st. The bleeding finally stopped until Febuary 1st, started the second month of pills and right away started bleeding again. It is now Febuary 12 & I went to the doctor yesterday she put me on a different birth control Low-Ogestrel 28 and we're hoping this stops my bleeding and works better for me."

hammys.wifey February 12, 2014

For Birth Control "This is my 3rd month on this birth control and so far my breast has gotten bigger, they have been sore, I happen to be hungry all the time and have gained a good 10 pounds. Other than the weight gain, being hungry all the time and soreness in my breast, this birth control is pretty good. Hey, only 4 periods every year! I think I'll stick to this for a while. I'll just have to exercise and have self control on what I eat!"

Anonymous November 23, 2013

For Birth Control "I am on my first pack, one and a half weeks before my placebo week. I had dark brown spotting for three weeks, starting the second month. It has progressed into a period. I'm going to do one more pack to see if anything changes, but this is a horrible side effect. I chose Jolessa because I'm a newly wed and I didn't want as many periods. In addition to the spotting, my sex desire doesn't exist. This is very challenging, as my breasts have grown significantly and my husband like breasts. On a positive note, I didn't get pregnant while I was able to have sex. That's wonderful. Now, I can't get pregnant because I'm not having sex. Thanks Jolessa."

Abstinent Newly Wed November 5, 2013

For Birth Control "When I first became sexually active, I started a one month at a time pack, (I don't remember which one) but after a few months, I couldn't take the nausea anymore. I went to the doctor and was prescribed Jolessa. I've now been on Jolessa for about a year now and I absolutely love it. I have no side effects, except for the first week after the "sugar pills." I get nausea shortly during this time, but it's nothing compared to before. My period is easy and comes and goes on the same two days every three months! "

NotAMommy October 9, 2013

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Before being on Jolessa, I had trouble with heavy menstrual cycles that were making me anemic. It took about two months on the pill before I stopped spotting. Now I hardly have a period even on the active pills. The only negative side effect of this medicine is that I've gained about twenty pounds."

Angie3 June 13, 2013

"I love it"

Mouth of dark April 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on Jolessa since about a month before I got married, so about a year and a half. I started on Ortho-Tri-cyclen, but it literally gave me blinding migraines. So, I started Jolessa and had minor spotting during the first few months, but nothing major. I also had minor (compared to the previous ones) migraines, but haven't had any in at least 8 months. Unfortunately, I have gained at least 20 lbs and have gone from a 36D to a 36DD (possibly larger). I loved that I had no breakouts in the beginning, but now it has returned with a vengeance. All in all, I love only having 4 periods a year, despite the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2013

For Birth Control "I am on my 2nd pack, I recently switched from Seasonique. I am happy with both, I don't see any differences between one or the other. This is a great product since you only get a period every 3 months."

MochaPhoenix March 24, 2013

For Birth Control "I first got on Jolessa because the menstrual cramps I suffered each period were HORRIBLE. I haven't had any cramps or spotting since starting the pill, other than the obvious period related ones when that time finally does roll around. I'm mostly happy with this brand! However, one thing I have noticed since meeting my boyfriend and becoming sexually active with him is that this pill kills sex drive dramatically. I gave it a good rating because I'm pleased with it's performance, but I'll be switching for a more healthy sex life with someone that I care deeply for."

VeeGirl January 16, 2013

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been on Jolessa for 41 days and for the last 16 I have been bleeding some days with terrible terrible cramping then clotting like crazy and just when I think it's over it remains and I am bleeding again. I can't wait for my appointment, I may stop before then."

TamaralnH (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2012

For Endometriosis "I started on Jolessa after surgery for endometriosis and have absolutely no complaints. My doctor has me taking two packs continuously without taking the placebos and it has done wonders in the area of pain. I've maintained the same weight, my breasts grew a cup size and I've had no spotting. I completely recommend this to anyone!"

Kris9999 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2012

For Birth Control "I've had no side effects, no spotting to bleeding other than when I should. No weight gain or bloating. Very happy with this product."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2012

For Birth Control "I'm on my second pack. I have not take birth control in years but my doctor recommended it to help with my endometriosis. Previously I had cramps, no cramps now. No spotting, period came as scheduled with the pills. No headaches. I have noticed some acne but nothing to worry about really. I have gained weight, about 10 pounds, and went up 1 bra size, without any change in diet or my exercise program. I find that I am hungry all the time and not sure how to lose these 10 pounds without going on a very strict diet. Other than the weight, I'm very happy with Jolessa."

lynndee1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2012