User Reviews for Camrese

Learn more about Camrese.

Birth Control 20 reviews 254 medications

5.1
Summary of Camrese reviews 20 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Camrese

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed Camrese to lessen my increasing heavy periods (presumably due to perimenopause). I'm at the end of the sixth month taking this drug and have nothing positive to say about it. I've gained 10 pounds in 5 months and am depressed that it's summer and I can't fit in my size 4 clothes anymore. What's worse is that I've had consistent break through bleeding for the last 2 weeks and expecting the "forced" period next week. (I'm wondering if I should just DEAL with the uber heavy periods - at least they were predictable and only lasted 5-7 days). There was also 5 weeks of spotting during the first 3 months on this pill. Needless to say I'm consulting my ObGyn next week to try something different. This pill's not for me."

Melissa45 June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Literally a miracle drug my first time in a long time not having my extremely horrible period, best month of my life! no spotting, this is my first time using birth control. my acne is non-existent, my breast are larger which is a plus for me, and I've lost weight in all the right places! I'm so happy with this product!"

Tyler B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "At first the Camrese was great. It successfully treated my cramping, mood swings, and acne. The first two cycles I did experience some spotting, but it decreased and eventually ended. For about another 6-9 months I experienced nearly no problems with the Camrese. A little over a year from starting the Camrese I began to get significant spotting (and I would take the pill at the EXACT same time everyday. I also began to develop an insatiable appetite that would last a week before my period and a week after I started the new pack. What prompted me to look for other forms of BC was that my mood swings would occur a week before, during, and after my period to the point where I was overwhelmed with unexplained anger/frustration."

Sstcmnj (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication for a month. No breakthrough bleeding and my menstrual cycle has been a great, but the negative side effects have been miserable. I experienced severe mood swings, depression (and I am usually a happy person), bloating, weight gain, increased appetite, breast tenderness, discomfort and pain in my abdomen and extreme fatigue. I have been miserable since starting this medication and will discontinue it and try something else."

Ella Mae Ray (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on it for 4 weeks, started of with the meanest night sweats like somebody threw a bucket of water on me, my appetite is more controlled meaning I get full fast, and when I first started I had the worst fatigue ever but everything is fine now just dull cramps every here and there."

breebabyy (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I love the fact of not having a period for 3 months, but there is absolutely NO sexdrive during the whole three months of taking the pill except for the first week after your period. I had breakthrough bleeding for about a month but it stopped after I started the next pack. I have no other side effects but the whole no sex drive thing kinda sucks"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had horrible acne since taking this birth control. All over my body acne. I didn't realize it could be the birth control until I read a bunch of other reviews on it. My boobs hurt all the time!! No sex drive what so ever! I don't even want my husband to touch me because my boobs hurt so bad. Needless to say, I sympathize with some of the other reviewers on this birth control. I will be talking to my doctor to switch to something else. The only good part about it, is not getting my period for 3 months."

Christine-D April 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for almost two weeks and it has increased my libido times 100 and I am feeling normal again... Not as many mood swings as before and no depression. I have increase G-spot sensation and feel amazing ... It will be nice to have my period only 4 times a year. I would recommend this to patients who have had difficulties with frequent UTIs and yeast infections due to the pill. I would never go back to Junel after this."

Gagi (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Im currently taking this and the first two entire packs were fine some minimal spotting that went away within a few days. This 3rd pack was fine until the cycle was supposed to start, I had breakthrough bleeding for 2 weeks. It has finally slowed down but hasn't stopped completely. Other than that this has worked decently but I feel there are too many other options for me to suffer like this."

Koda34 February 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Took this for only 3 weeks before having to stop. Caused a lump in my right breast, sad mood, daily constant nausea, and NO sex drive."

Apop (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I developed terrible depression taking this medication. The first month and a half were fine, even energizing. I actually slept less and felt more alert the first few weeks.The first two nights I took the pill I only slept 4 hours, and woke up sweating and then couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This side effect went away, and then all was pretty normal for awhile. Then I felt myself slowly slipping into a funk. It started with a negative attitude towards things I used to enjoy, and progressed into terrible depression. I suspected the pill, and the day after the 3 months ended, I felt immediately better and happy again. It was like day and night. I went back to Nuvaring after this experience."

Druqs September 30, 2014

For Birth Control "Started taking Camrese to combat PMS-related anxiety, and it totally leveled me out. Now I take it for contraceptive purposes and it has worked great. I gained 20 lbs the first time on it, went off, lost some of the weight, went back on it, and haven't gained since. No spotting after the first pack, once my body was regulated. The dose of constant hormones really helped me feel in control and normal again."

aem0020 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2014

For Birth Control "I've spent 11 months on Camrese and it's been great. No period, my acne and mood swings were under control. I had occasional spotting, and over the course of the past year I've gained 10 lbs (with no other lifestyle changes), which are the only reasons I will be discussing changing medication with my doctor."

FlowerfulPowerful August 6, 2014

For Birth Control "I liked this medication and stayed on it for almost 2 years. However, the vaginal dryness was so bad and embarrassing that I had to switch. I also think the medication caused hair loss."

College Student (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2014

For Birth Control "Taking this pill was an awful experience. Everything was going fine until right around the time that I started the second month of it- and since then, I have had nasty breakthrough bleeding ever since then! (Not to mention the breast soreness, leg cramps, and depression). I'm finishing the pill this week and it hasn't gotten any better or worse. So basically I've had my period for 8 weeks straight. "

heycoffeegirl February 2, 2014

For Birth Control "Only on day 7 of this pill and my chest, back and face are broken out completely! I have bumps literally everywhere. Little clusters of bumps are popping up too! My breasts are starting to hurt and I've had bad menstrual cramps today! I'm also super emotional as well. Cried all evening for no reason and got so mad I thought my chest was going to explode. So mood swings are definitely a side effect. Maybe I'll see some better effects in the next month!"

AmyD2424 December 2, 2013

For Birth Control "I have never been more exhausted in my life while on this birth control pill. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and have now been on this pill for 2 months. I am still moody, constantly tired, feel the dull pain in my lower stomach and have had breakthrough bleeding already. The bloating is awful and my breasts are so swollen and tender that I can't stand to wear a bra. I was on Seasonale before and did not have these side effects whatsoever so will hopefully be going back to that now that this pill has completely changed me as a person!"

Skp1030 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2013

For Birth Control "I am taking this to try and prevent 9-15 monthly migraines. I do not need it for birth control, I've had a tubaligation, and a uterine ablation to prevent extremely heavy menstrual cycles. I am on week 9 of this medicine. On week 2 to the present I've had extreme left breast tenderness and nausea, week 3-5 I had gross brown discharge, on week 5 to present I've had a heavier than normal menstrual cycle. My Dr says to give it time, that it takes sometimes at least 3-6 months. If this was just for birth control I would have switched because, there are so many other options available. I am waiting this out only because I have such severe migraines. I am still having migraines but, there not as severe."

hope it works July 31, 2012

For Birth Control "Breakthrough bleeding, headaches ,nausea, bloating.... Have been bleeding for almost two weeks. On the fourth week of the first packet."

KebbbAB (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2012

For Birth Control "I had never been on birth control and just 6 weeks after having my little boy I was placed on this birth control. This pill has given me such headaches that I had to start taking the product around 8 in the evening so that it wouldn't bother me. I have also not been able to lose any weight on this. I have been regularly exercising and eating under 1200 calories and not lost a pound. The side effects have pushed me to have to switch birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2012

More about Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources