User Reviews for Camrese

Learn more about Camrese.

Birth Control 37 reviews 271 medications

4.8
Summary of Camrese reviews 37 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Camrese

For Birth Control "I started taking these pills in hopes of having my period every 3 months. The first month of the pack, I don't bleed at all until about the last week I have some very light spotting that lasts up through the middle of the 2nd month/pack of pills....then it remains heavy from the middle of the 2nd month all the way through the end of the third month. So total I ended up bleeding for about 6 weeks straight through each pack of pills. I've been on it for about 9 months now and this has happened every time. I will definitely be changing to another kind. I'd rather bleed once a month heavily than 6 weeks straight. I also was extremely tired all the time. The only positive is that it did prevent pregnancy and my skin cleared up tremendously."

Sheenaboo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I was taking this bc pill for a couple of years. This last month I have bled heavily for 3 weeks straight. It worked great for a long time so I'm not sure what happened but now I will be changing to a different birth control."

Bug91 January 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on Camrese to help control my endometriosis. I ended up hospitalized with extreme high blood pressure and severe vascular migraines. Never had these issues before Camrese. After 7 days of bedrest, I am still waiting for this BCP to get out of my system."

Never again use Camrese December 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Good birth control for preventing against pregnancy. However, I thought it would be great to only have period sometimes. I was wrong! I had my period all of the time literally. It got to the point where I had it for a full month with only a couple days without it!! Only take if you for sure have a regulated period with birth control."

Insane blood flow November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "Been taking this for a year and my body never regulated to it. I spotted through almost the whole pack, every single time. Sexual intercourse became painful for me. This has personally been the worst experience with birthcontrol for me. I thought it would have been nice having a 91 day cycle, but given that I have bled through over 65 days of it, it is just absolutley not worth it."

Tina309 November 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I just wish the bleeding would stop. It's light, but annoying. I took Seasonique before and I loved the comfort of having only 4 periods a year. I just hope I can make it long enough for this discomfort to end. I'm on my third month and the bleeding started 3 weeks ago."

Kimsom (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I was not a fan of this pill. It was supposed to be three months noncyclic and I still had a period every month, longer than normal. And I would bleed in between. It also made me gain 13 pounds in 6 weeks - while I was counting calories and working out. It was impossible to lost weight on it. It made me super emotional. I was constantly weepy and depressed many days. I don't want to take this one ever again."

dlp814 November 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I loved this birth control. I've been on 5 or so different pills but this is the best so far. Only complaint is the intense cramps around the time of my period. My period last 6 days with normal bleeding and painful cramps. The cramps are bad but not strong enough to stop taking them especially because they only occur every 3 months. I think the reason for my positive time on the pills was because I've been on steady birth control for 4 years straight. Sad news I've had to change to non estrogen birth control because of my high blood pressure. I miss this so much lol"

Mai Truelove November 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I am on the third month of this birth control. Since I have started Camrese, my face remains clear and my breats grew a bit as well. And I like the idea of having only four periods a year. However, the spotting has been an absolute nightmare. I had no spotting at all up until the end of month two, and the spotting has not stopped since (I am nearing the end of month three). Sometimes it will seem like it has stopped, but then an hour later I will be bleeding again. It is exhausting. I don't know when it will stop, but I hope it will stop soon, or I'll definitely switch pills again. The spotting is the only negative side affect I have had thus far."

Mal1995 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2015

For Birth Control "I got on this due to migraines I would have when I got my period. This medication has been a savior. When I first got on it I had some problems, I have break through bleeding in the second month that become a full on period so I was on my period for two months, but I figured it was my body getting adjusted. I'm on my third three month pack now. No break through bleeding. My boobs hurt three weeks before I get my period, but other than that these medication is amazing. I have my sex drive back, no headaches, clear skin, and no weight gain!"

Livster October 27, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the generic version of Seasonique. I had been on Seasonique up until I Got pregnant, which was about 6 years. After I gave birth, my doctor put me on Camrese. For the longest time I thought the terrible side effects were because I gave birth. 2 years later, I am realizing it is Camrese. I have been tired non stop, depressed, super emotional over the most simple things, have gained 15 pounds that I can't seem to shake, headaches, and my appetite has increased. I would not recommend getting this birth control. I will be switching back to Seasonique tomorrow, it never gave me any problems!"

Briana0411 October 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this for over a year and I am sad that it isn't working for certain things. I have a very light 3-4 day period every time, no breakthrough bleeding, no cramps headaches or anything else! My skin cleared up immensely. The three biggest problems were the fact that ever since I have been on this I have absolutely no sex drive, at all, I have been so depressed and down, and I gained 20 pounds because of the hormone levels :(! I would still be on it if the couple side effects I have weren't so large."

Kprincess (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2015

"I'm 46 and I have been having menopausal symptoms although I still get my period. My doctor prescribed me camrese thinking that regulating my hormones into a consistent level would help, and it would also allow me to have a period every three months which she considered healthy. The first month was OK, I even lost weight, I'm now into my second month and have been Spot bleeding for about 2 to 3 weeks. These last two days I have been extremely tired, unable to concentrate, work, depressed and with a migraine that will not go away. I have read that these are symptoms of low estrogen. And I now Believe this medication does not have enough estrogen to deal with a perimenopausal condition in which you already have a low estrogen level."

Betabeta October 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for two months now. The first month I had no bleeding. The first day that I started the second month I started bleeding and I have been bleeding every single day since. It's freaking miserable!!!"

BrieanneDietz October 4, 2015

For Birth Control "So I originally started on camrese for dealing with my heavy flow/painful periods (like super painful) and when I started I was bleeding for over 2 weeks!! I hated it, it wasn't a lot of blood more like light but it was frustrating as I was not comfortable with having to wear pads all the time so I went other my doctor and she prescribed Junel fe. It was terrible I had irritability, nausea, etc. So I asked to go back to camrese and it worked for the first 5 months no problem but then I had spotting again. So I asked for a new pill but that made my period twice as heavy flow. I then asked my doctor if I could have the same hormones in camrese but for monthly and not yearly but she said I can do that myself, I love it now!"

Heavycycles September 19, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control made me miserable. By the completion of the first week, I started to get these crippling headaches, nausea, and dizziness. I also experienced a couple episodes of serious night sweats. I was extremely sad the entire time I was on it. To top all of that off I never stopped bleeding! That's right, I've been bleeding for 3 weeks straight, and counting. Finally my mother and husband had to force me off the stuff because they saw how miserable I was. The only positive was that my skin cleared up a great deal. It just wasn't for me."

CDayyyyyy September 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I've taken this medication for about two years. Everything about it is wonderful, except the cramps I get right before my period are so intense. I wake up in the middle of the night throwing up from the pain. I've never been through or experienced anything like it and contemplate going to the ER every time it happens. It's like one intense cramp that won't let go for 30 minutes or so and typically leaves me in tears. I've asked my doctor about it and he says it's normal, but after going through this every period, enough is finally enough. I'm going to ask to switched back to a typical 1 month dosage. Otherwise, it's been wonderful only having a period every 3 months with little side effects!"

Sarah2456777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for six months. Pros- sex drive is out of control, light period, period every three months which is wonderful, short period (I'm taking 3-4 days light bleed), no cramps, no bloating Cons- took my pills before bed and the night sweats are a bummer, breakthrough bleeding here and there until month four (took awhile to adjust)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed Camrese to lessen my increasing heavy periods (presumably due to perimenopause). I'm at the end of the sixth month taking this drug and have nothing positive to say about it. I've gained 10 pounds in 5 months and am depressed that it's summer and I can't fit in my size 4 clothes anymore. What's worse is that I've had consistent break through bleeding for the last 2 weeks and expecting the "forced" period next week. (I'm wondering if I should just DEAL with the uber heavy periods - at least they were predictable and only lasted 5-7 days). There was also 5 weeks of spotting during the first 3 months on this pill. Needless to say I'm consulting my ObGyn next week to try something different. This pill's not for me."

Melissa45 June 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Literally a miracle drug my first time in a long time not having my extremely horrible period, best month of my life! no spotting, this is my first time using birth control. my acne is non-existent, my breast are larger which is a plus for me, and I've lost weight in all the right places! I'm so happy with this product!"

Tyler B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "At first the Camrese was great. It successfully treated my cramping, mood swings, and acne. The first two cycles I did experience some spotting, but it decreased and eventually ended. For about another 6-9 months I experienced nearly no problems with the Camrese. A little over a year from starting the Camrese I began to get significant spotting (and I would take the pill at the EXACT same time everyday. I also began to develop an insatiable appetite that would last a week before my period and a week after I started the new pack. What prompted me to look for other forms of BC was that my mood swings would occur a week before, during, and after my period to the point where I was overwhelmed with unexplained anger/frustration."

Sstcmnj (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication for a month. No breakthrough bleeding and my menstrual cycle has been a great, but the negative side effects have been miserable. I experienced severe mood swings, depression (and I am usually a happy person), bloating, weight gain, increased appetite, breast tenderness, discomfort and pain in my abdomen and extreme fatigue. I have been miserable since starting this medication and will discontinue it and try something else."

Ella Mae Ray (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on it for 4 weeks, started of with the meanest night sweats like somebody threw a bucket of water on me, my appetite is more controlled meaning I get full fast, and when I first started I had the worst fatigue ever but everything is fine now just dull cramps every here and there."

breebabyy (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I love the fact of not having a period for 3 months, but there is absolutely NO sexdrive during the whole three months of taking the pill except for the first week after your period. I had breakthrough bleeding for about a month but it stopped after I started the next pack. I have no other side effects but the whole no sex drive thing kinda sucks"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had horrible acne since taking this birth control. All over my body acne. I didn't realize it could be the birth control until I read a bunch of other reviews on it. My boobs hurt all the time!! No sex drive what so ever! I don't even want my husband to touch me because my boobs hurt so bad. Needless to say, I sympathize with some of the other reviewers on this birth control. I will be talking to my doctor to switch to something else. The only good part about it, is not getting my period for 3 months."

Christine-D April 9, 2015

More about Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources