User Reviews for Camrese

Learn more about Camrese.

Birth Control 11 reviews 226 medications

4.2
Summary of Camrese reviews 11 reviews 4.2

Reviews for Camrese

Review by Apop (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Took this for only 3 weeks before having to stop. Caused a lump in my right breast, sad mood, daily constant nausea, and NO sex drive.

October 22, 2014 10:29 PM

Review by Druqs:

For Birth Control: I developed terrible depression taking this medication. The first month and a half were fine, even energizing. I actually slept less and felt more alert the first few weeks.The first two nights I took the pill I only slept 4 hours, and woke up sweating and then couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This side effect went away, and then all was pretty normal for awhile. Then I felt myself slowly slipping into a funk. It started with a negative attitude towards things I used to enjoy, and progressed into terrible depression. I suspected the pill, and the day after the 3 months ended, I felt immediately better and happy again. It was like day and night. I went back to Nuvaring after this experience.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by aem0020 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Started taking Camrese to combat PMS-related anxiety, and it totally leveled me out. Now I take it for contraceptive purposes and it has worked great. I gained 20 lbs the first time on it, went off, lost some of the weight, went back on it, and haven't gained since. No spotting after the first pack, once my body was regulated. The dose of constant hormones really helped me feel in control and normal again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by FlowerfulPowerful:

For Birth Control: I've spent 11 months on Camrese and it's been great. No period, my acne and mood swings were under control. I had occasional spotting, and over the course of the past year I've gained 10 lbs (with no other lifestyle changes), which are the only reasons I will be discussing changing medication with my doctor.

August 6, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by College Student (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I liked this medication and stayed on it for almost 2 years. However, the vaginal dryness was so bad and embarrassing that I had to switch. I also think the medication caused hair loss.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by heycoffeegirl:

For Birth Control: Taking this pill was an awful experience. Everything was going fine until right around the time that I started the second month of it- and since then, I have had nasty breakthrough bleeding ever since then! (Not to mention the breast soreness, leg cramps, and depression). I'm finishing the pill this week and it hasn't gotten any better or worse. So basically I've had my period for 8 weeks straight.

February 2, 2014 11:34 AM

Review by AmyD2424:

For Birth Control: Only on day 7 of this pill and my chest, back and face are broken out completely! I have bumps literally everywhere. Little clusters of bumps are popping up too! My breasts are starting to hurt and I've had bad menstrual cramps today! I'm also super emotional as well. Cried all evening for no reason and got so mad I thought my chest was going to explode. So mood swings are definitely a side effect. Maybe I'll see some better effects in the next month!

December 2, 2013 11:32 PM

Review by Skp1030 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have never been more exhausted in my life while on this birth control pill. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and have now been on this pill for 2 months. I am still moody, constantly tired, feel the dull pain in my lower stomach and have had breakthrough bleeding already. The bloating is awful and my breasts are so swollen and tender that I can't stand to wear a bra. I was on Seasonale before and did not have these side effects whatsoever so will hopefully be going back to that now that this pill has completely changed me as a person!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2013 2:02 PM

Review by hope it works:

For Birth Control: I am taking this to try and prevent 9-15 monthly migraines. I do not need it for birth control, I've had a tubaligation, and a uterine ablation to prevent extremely heavy menstrual cycles. I am on week 9 of this medicine. On week 2 to the present I've had extreme left breast tenderness and nausea, week 3-5 I had gross brown discharge, on week 5 to present I've had a heavier than normal menstrual cycle. My Dr says to give it time, that it takes sometimes at least 3-6 months. If this was just for birth control I would have switched because, there are so many other options available. I am waiting this out only because I have such severe migraines. I am still having migraines but, there not as severe.

July 31, 2012 7:07 AM

Review by KebbbAB (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Breakthrough bleeding, headaches ,nausea, bloating.... Have been bleeding for almost two weeks. On the fourth week of the first packet.

June 19, 2012 3:37 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I had never been on birth control and just 6 weeks after having my little boy I was placed on this birth control. This pill has given me such headaches that I had to start taking the product around 8 in the evening so that it wouldn't bother me. I have also not been able to lose any weight on this. I have been regularly exercising and eating under 1200 calories and not lost a pound. The side effects have pushed me to have to switch birth control.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2012 3:34 PM

More about Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources