Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Alesse

Learn more about Alesse.

Reviews for Alesse to treat Endometriosis

Review by Infertile but in Pain:

Alesse was one of the first birth control pills I was perscribed in an attempt to treat my severe endometriosis. While I did not experience any negative side effects for the 6 months I took Alesse, it did not successfully manage my symptoms. It reduced the frequency of my painful cramps, but did not reduce the severity. However, due to the lack of side effects, I would recommend Alesse for birth control purposes, just not endometriosis management.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2013 9:27 PM

My doctor perscribed Alesse because of my endometriosis and it has been extremely effective.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2010 11:14 PM

Before being diagnosed with endometriosis, my doctor put me on Alesse to help with menstrual irregularity and intense pelvic pain. After two weeks on Alesse, I had to be put on iron and progesterone because I bled until I was anemic. Be careful about taking hormones that contain estrogen, if you have endometriosis.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate