User Reviews for Alesse

Learn more about Alesse.

Reviews for Alesse to treat Endometriosis

"My doctor prescribed me this birth control to help with the pain of endometriosis as mine was getting to be very painful. The first couple months were rough, nausea, vomiting, terrible mood swings to the point of crying at commercials! I stuck with it though and eventually levelled out. It really helped with my periods and the pain to the point that I went from calling off work for periods to barely noticing them! They lasted 4 days and were not heavy or terribly crampy. BUTTTT..... I have been on it for about 2 years and now I am getting side effects again in the form of terrible head aches every day, zero sex drive and terrible cramps during and in between periods. Also my periods have gotten heavy again so I am going off it."

Lex72149 September 28, 2015

"Alesse was one of the first birth control pills I was perscribed in an attempt to treat my severe endometriosis. While I did not experience any negative side effects for the 6 months I took Alesse, it did not successfully manage my symptoms. It reduced the frequency of my painful cramps, but did not reduce the severity. However, due to the lack of side effects, I would recommend Alesse for birth control purposes, just not endometriosis management."

Infertile but in Pain June 13, 2013

"My doctor perscribed Alesse because of my endometriosis and it has been extremely effective."

Anonymous May 9, 2010

"Before being diagnosed with endometriosis, my doctor put me on Alesse to help with menstrual irregularity and intense pelvic pain. After two weeks on Alesse, I had to be put on iron and progesterone because I bled until I was anemic. Be careful about taking hormones that contain estrogen, if you have endometriosis."

Anonymous November 15, 2009