User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Enpresse, ...show all 51 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 51 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1024 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by thattt girlllll:

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Jolessa since I was 17 and I'm now 23 & I absolutely love it! I had break through bleeding the first month, but after that only four periods a year and they only last 2 days 3 at the most. I recently changed doctors & got Camrese and I hate it! I've been spotting the whole first month. At the end of the month I had a full five day period. I'm switching back to Jolessa. I thought that Jolessa and Camrese was the same but they are not.

October 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: The first week of taking the pill I felt very nauseous. By the second week I was extremely moody. I'm towards the end of my third week and so far so good. I don't have any more nausea or moody swings. I feel like my sex drive has stayed the same. Although, there is a problem I don't know if it's the pills or my period, but I noticed I have broke out a little more than usual. I'm hoping this will go away after starting my second pack.

October 5, 2014 1:44 AM

Review by Druqs:

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I developed terrible depression taking this medication. The first month and a half were fine, even energizing. I actually slept less and felt more alert the first few weeks.The first two nights I took the pill I only slept 4 hours, and woke up sweating and then couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This side effect went away, and then all was pretty normal for awhile. Then I felt myself slowly slipping into a funk. It started with a negative attitude towards things I used to enjoy, and progressed into terrible depression. I suspected the pill, and the day after the 3 months ended, I felt immediately better and happy again. It was like day and night. I went back to Nuvaring after this experience.

September 30, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by LoriCakes25:

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: When I first began birth control years ago, they put me on one that made me so moody, depressed, killed my libido and changed my personality, it felt. I went back to my doctor and tried several different pills and eventually I tried Alesse since it was low dose and I didn't have any negative side effects! I was always regular, but have always had bad cramps. This cut them back and made my periods short. I didn't get any unusual acne, or weight gain. If anything I lost weight. And it not only increased my libido, it made my O very strong and last longer. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. But I just loved it! I got off it after my divorce, but I will never use any other pill again. I've tried too many and this one is for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2014 3:37 PM

Review by Aviane user (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This birth control has been the best for me. I know that there are many mixed reviews about it, but it has never given me any trouble at all. I have also tried Lo Loestrin Fe, Trinessa (HORRIBLE vaginal irritation) and Ortho-Tri Cyclen which all gave me various side effects. It just goes to show that everyone's bodies respond differently to different medicines. This birth control cleared up my acne, increased my cup size, and regulated my period. The only issue that I could complain of would be slight mood swings from time to time, but honestly that's it for me. I would highly suggest giving this birth control a try!

September 29, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Not impressed (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had a horrible experience with this pill. I've never had trouble with my weight, but I gained 20lbs once I started taking this. Terrible, uncontrollable acne. Would always have breakthrough bleeding. Ruined my sex drive. My breasts did increase from a C to a D though.

September 24, 2014 11:04 AM

Review by aem0020 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Started taking Camrese to combat PMS-related anxiety, and it totally leveled me out. Now I take it for contraceptive purposes and it has worked great. I gained 20 lbs the first time on it, went off, lost some of the weight, went back on it, and haven't gained since. No spotting after the first pack, once my body was regulated. The dose of constant hormones really helped me feel in control and normal again.

September 23, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by Lutera birth control:

For Birth Control: Worst birth control ever. Made me have break outs all over worser than ever. Extra tired. Headaches. Not feeling like myself taking this birth control.

September 21, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by Rachel S (taken for less than 1 month):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I gained 6 lbs on this pill in one month. It was a last ditch effort at the bc pill for me. I have tried many others with many issues. My acne I get on my chin is ok hasn't gotten better or worse. No nausea or stomach pains. I have had some issues with constipation on this pill also. I have been having issues sleeping on this pill. Hey I'm not pregnant though...

September 20, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by Jaicuanakcjd:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This birth control seemed like it had no side effects for me until I realized it was literally making me crazy. I've always been a social person but since I started the pill I've had the worst anxiety and paranoia. It's different for everyone I guess, but make sure you realize that that definitely could be a side effect.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by Peachie14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got the pills for free at Planned Parenthood. They were effective in the aspect that I never got pregnant, but the side effects were pretty horrible. I had clear skin all my life, but when I got on the pill I suffered from bad acne. I gained about ten pounds, a full cup size, and I felt constantly bloated. By the third month, I started suffering anxiety and depression. This medicine changed my personality and really messed with my head. After quitting, I've finally started to get my life back and my anxiety is going away. I personally don't think these pills are worth the side effects.

September 17, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on it for almost 2 years and it does great. I have no cramps, period starts normally on my third day of my blue pill, when I remember to take them it last about three days its super light. I'm not throwing up. My face recently started breaking out but maybe I need more water.

September 10, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Sandy6543 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill has made me so emotional. I'll be crying over the most pointless things and can't seem to control my emotions. I was never like this before, although it has lightened my periods.

September 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by ENNNNA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Five because I never got pregnant, gained weight, spotted or lost my sex drive. However, my skin has been absolutely horrible the past 7 months on this pill. I had flawless skin before birth control. I also had flawless skin on the Nuva Ring. I wake up and dread seeing my face because I know there will be a raised red bump(s). They never surface and are cyst like. I used to never wear foundation or powder, now I have to cake it on because I can't stand looking at the huge bumps. Beware.. As someone who had flawless skin until 19, this birth control can do a number on your face. Also, I have been extremely emotional and moody constantly.

September 3, 2014 8:49 PM

Review by pelizabeth:

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 5 months now and I love it. However, for the first two months I had irregular spotting and cramping. This eventually went away, I'm assuming it was just my body adjusting to the change. I would recommend this birth control to anyone.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by sari sari j:

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was on Levora for a year and absolutely loved it. Never a negative side effect. I'm finishing my second month on Chateal and have gained weight, experienced extreme mood swings. Crying and yelling for no reason. I'm also cramping like crazy before my period. I'm in more pain then before the birth control. (Which was the reason I started in the first place).

September 2, 2014 3:40 AM

Review by witV (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Aviane is the second type of birth control that I have taken. It's already been a month and I love it. My skin is completely flawless and I haven't experienced any side effects besides tender breast. I haven't gained any weight either. This birth control is great!

September 1, 2014 1:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for two weeks now and I have noticed I've been feeling super fatigued. I am usually energetic and outgoing but the past two weeks all I have wanted to do was sleep, even while I'm out with friends I'm still tired.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Chrystall (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've used Levora for almost a year now. I do have a heavier period however they seem to be getting lighter which freaked me out at first until I learned that is what this pill is supposed to do. When I do get my period I tend to get more moody and angry but when I start the new pack this moodiness ends. As for birth control I find it works very well.

August 26, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by 1ahs1ahs3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Taken the pill for 4 months now, after having no period for 6 months. Since I started the pill I have had two periods each pack, despite taking the pills like clockwork. I've also developed sore breasts and super painful cyst - like acne all the time. No weight gain, nausea, or blood pressure issues though. Not going to take this anymore!

August 24, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by humblebumble (taken for less than 1 month):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had to switch from Aviane to Sronyx about 2 weeks ago because my pharmacy ran out of my normal pill and honestly I can not WAIT till this pack is done because I've gotten terrible side effects. I've gotten extreme nausea, crazy discharge, constipation, sore breasts and daily headaches. I've also been really irritable, I'm scared to see what my period will be like!

August 23, 2014 3:43 AM

Review by MaivLis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: My first experience with birth control was when I was 16 and I was taking Sprintec for protection. It wasn't exactly horrible in the area of side affects but it gave me a great amount of acne. The acne was not too bad, it was merely extreme small and numerous bumps on my forehead but it looked really bad when I applied make-up as you can see the blemishes and bumps on my head in light. I immediately went off after two weeks. Now I'm 18, and I've been on Levora for 3 months now and it is fantastic. It did give me a small smattering of acne and great tenderness in my breasts, but it's very adjusting and my body has gotten the hang of it as the acne has calmed down and the pill has been doing its job of protection.

August 22, 2014 3:41 PM

Review by anthonyj (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Orsythia for 6 months for controlling dysmenorrhea, or painful periods. Before starting birth control overall two years ago, I missed at least two days of school and work a month because my cramps, backache, nausea, and headaches prevented me from doing more than sitting in bed crying. After Orsythia, I barely get a period, it lasts four days and I rarely need to use anything more than a pantiliner. I get the occasional cramp, but nothing unmanageable. I love this pill!

August 16, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Ksg1133:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 3 months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm bloated the first two weeks of my pills. It's terrible. I always start in the middle of my row of my active pills and my period is long. Like 8 days. Not happy. I'm calling to switch. I switched from Minastrin Fe which was terrible too.

August 15, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by SharkWeek405 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Alesse twice, this time for 2 months so far. I've had no problems at all. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and it's fixed my period so far. My complexion is getting better, I've had no unusual depression or anxiety and I haven't gained additional weight.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate