User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 54 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 56 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1218 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I just start taking levora am wondering if the bad feeling is gonna go away. In the mornings when I brush my theeth I feel like I want to vomit It gives me the feeling as if am pregnant and am waiting to see if this is gonna continue else I really have to stop taking it"

suzie with the q July 3, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This has been the worst experience of my life. I literally thought I was going crazy. The first month I had no side effects and was so happy since I've had negative side effects on other oral contraceptives. Month 2 and 3 were a horror story. I developed extreme anxiety to the point of panic attacks. I took myself to the ER twice thinking I was having a heart attack. I also suffered from at least 4 severe migraines while on this pill. So severe that I lost vision In my right eye before every migraine (aura). When I didn't have migraines I had headaches and dizziness. Constant dizziness. I felt like I was always high. I stopped this drug and after 5 days I feel almost normal again"

I would rather be pregnant (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "absolute worst birth control I've been on. My last brand was discontinued and was given orynthia. I've had my period for 3 out of the 4 weeks I have been on it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking this a week ago and I have also been very sleepy. I had about 12 hours asleep and felt the need to take a nap that afternoon. I also have been feeling like my ovaries were tender and somewhat sore. It's not very painful but uncomfortable. I was also very moody."

Alaura m June 30, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Aviane for 4 months now and at first there didn't seem to be much of any side effects but after the second month or so I started breaking out like crazy. I used to only break out around my period but Aviane made me break out all month. I gained 10 lbs and was not happy about it. Overall not such a bad birth control because periods are very regular 3-5 days but I'm definitely trying something else."

KennyGi7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2015

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've used this for 2 years and have had no problems whatsoever. I previously had an arm implant and experienced spotting and weight gain that wouldn't stop. After taking Quasense I've lost weight, no spotting, light & short periods. I use retin a for acne so my skin has been unaffected. I'm not sure about water retention because I believe that has a lot to do with diet and I'm athletic so I stay hydrated on a daily basis. I experienced no nausea, headaches, psychological side effects. And most importantly, no pregnancy."

Yvo (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 27, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on it for about 1 1/2 years now and at first it worked great at keeping me on a schedule. However at this point, if I forget to take it just for one day within a month of the day I'm supposed to start the placebo, then I'm going to start on the missed day instead. It seems like it's losing it's strength on me because I'm getting more acne around "that" time. The hormone fluctuations are still pretty obvious to my body because I still get migraines. No change in cramps, but as long as they're not worse, I'm okay with it. With those negatives out of the way, I can say that I haven't gained any weight and as long as I don't forget, it does a pretty good job of keeping me on the 90 day schedule."

clumzyklutz (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've only been taking this birth control for about 4 days, which yes, I know is little, but I don't think I can stand another day! I feel nauseous on it and threw up a few times and I slept until 1:30pm today (so I had about 13 hours of sleep, if not more, and I would've kept sleeping if my brother didn't wake me up) I still feel exhausted and can barely walk around without wanting to sit. Hopefully you won't get this experience but I really don't think I can continue on this pill, waiting it out is not worth it for me."

Michy57 June 26, 2015

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Remember, hormone drugs do vary per person. A little about me so you can judge how relevant my review is: 20, 5'6", 120lbs, never had regular periods before (2.5 weeks apart, other times 6 months apart), history of horrible acne, needed to take accutane for a year. Was on another birth control before with accutane (Marvelon or something like that) which caused major mood issues including diagnosed depression. Pros: periods like clockwork, slightly bigger breasts, no pregnancy scares "Med" Effects: cramping (not terrible) on day 20 of cycle, slightly moodier week before period Cons: slight vaginal dryness, periods are starting on day 14 of packs consistently (3/3 packs in a row) so maybe I'm just lucky I'm not pregnant"

CarnivorousJellybean June 26, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I am in my early 40's and have been dealing with severely heavy bleeding, fibroids, and endometriosis. I was prescribed sronyx after a myomectomy I went through in order to help control my bleeding. However it hasn't worked for me. It's been 7 months since my procedure and although I has lighter bleeding the first couple of months after the procedure, my symptoms have all resurfaced. I am having heavy bleeding once again with cramps, clots, and lasts for about 9 days. Perhaps I need to try another pill?"

Jessmarie4u June 24, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been in Seasonique for 9, almost 10 years. I take my pill everyday at the same time, even if I have to take in the middle of a an outing. Forgetting to take the pill isn't an option for me. I've never had any major side effects and on the rare occasion I have a little breakthrough bleeding, I take the pill with 1000mg of vitamin C ( if you do the research it increases the impact of the estrogen in the pill, therefore slowing and then effectively stopping the breakthrough bleeding). It usually takes 2 days and it's over. Sometimes I take 2 packs continuously and don't have a period for 6 months, my OBGYN is fine with this. I say give it a try, take it at the same time everyday !!!!"

kismetangel (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started this 2 weeks ago when my period started. At first the cramps were crazy and random. The bleeding was heavy for the first 3 days but i was used to that with my normal period. After that everything is fine. I havent had any of the side effects everyone is talking about. The only thing i experience is hot flashes in the middle of the night. But those are better then having mood swings and everything else. I got the med to regulate my heavy periods and hormones and so far so good. i will let you know how next month goes"

spoiledinlv (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was put on this birth control when I had to go to an army hospital and they didn't have the one I was already taking (Minastrin 24, which was great)! The doctor said Syronx was the same as Minastrin 24, which was a lie. The first month of the syronx was okay, just a little more moody than usual and I thought I can handle that. The end of the second month was HORRIBLE. My acne was the worst it has ever been. I got acne here and there, mostly around the time of my period. This was something else, they were inflamed, painful hormonal acne all on my jawline and neck. My moodiness increased so much to the point my husband and I were arguing about the littlest things and he didn't even want to talk to me anymore and I kept bawling my eyes out."

Pamelaaaaaaaaaaa June 19, 2015

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Before leaving for a semester abroad, I requested that my doctor give me a birth control where I wouldn't have periods every month. That turned out to be a big mistake. Once I started taking jolessa, I became much more moody and overall depressed. I started getting zits on my chest and back - something that hasn't happened to me since freshman year of high school! My acne on my face has gotten worse. I gained 10 pounds. I have always been the kind of person that could get away with eating whatever I want (fast food 5 times a week!) and not exercise and never weigh more than 134 pounds, but not anymore. No change after altering dietary & exercising habits. After 5 months taking jolessa, I'm most definitely switching after I finish this pack."

Avery K June 18, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been using lutera for 5 months now and it's horrible, it's the first time a birth control affects me like that. I totally lost my libido, like i'd rather watch the rain fall than have sex, I am the crankiest thing and I'm 1000 x more sensitive than i used to be. And I feel depressed about half the time, and I always was a happy person, I am going to my doctor today and there's no way I stay on that pill. I'd rather go back to using condoms even if i'm not a fan.. oh and my breasts hurt like they're gonna explode at any moment. Just the feeling of my bra touching them hurts. Don't take it. "

gabw June 18, 2015

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This has been a complete nightmare. I always have been sensitive to hormonal birth control methods, so that is why my doctor prescribed Alesse. First month was fine. I was constantly hungry and my boobs hurt, but it was manageable. Now, I barely finished the second pack and I have to stop because of my moods. I gained at least 5 pounds. I'm always hungry. My breasts hurt like anything. I had 2 weeks of breakthrough bleeding. The cherry on top of the cake : A yeast infection! Yay! So no more poison for me. Never again."

Anonymous June 17, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Orsythia for a year and half and I've had a regular cycle twice! I get it early and it lasts 7-12 days, and it's just brown, not a true 'period'. Recently I've started to get the bad acne everyone mentions. I'm 43 and have pimples on my chin and forehead (never had it before). It has eliminated my breast tenderness and cramping though - that's why I strayed on it. But it's just too unpredictable and so I changed to another birth control. I do not recommend it."

Willow Cat June 17, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I was on this for 7 weeks before stopping to try to conceive. It was wonderful in that it finally took away the pelvic pain I continued to have on other pills. I had a light period within three days of stopping it. I've had two full cycles since, and they've both been shorter than usual, with a short (8-10 days) luteal phase. I'm hoping this sorts itself out soon. Unfortunately I don't see myself taking this again, because it made my migraines much more frequent, and gave me fairly bad heart palpitations. A less troubling complaint was increased acne."

Lyss2222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This birth control was not that good. It made me get severe migraines and the periods were too light. Cramps were horrible."

Brittdoll2767 June 13, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My doctor prescribed Camrese to lessen my increasing heavy periods (presumably due to perimenopause). I'm at the end of the sixth month taking this drug and have nothing positive to say about it. I've gained 10 pounds in 5 months and am depressed that it's summer and I can't fit in my size 4 clothes anymore. What's worse is that I've had consistent break through bleeding for the last 2 weeks and expecting the "forced" period next week. (I'm wondering if I should just DEAL with the uber heavy periods - at least they were predictable and only lasted 5-7 days). There was also 5 weeks of spotting during the first 3 months on this pill. Needless to say I'm consulting my ObGyn next week to try something different. This pill's not for me."

Melissa45 June 12, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "If I could choose a number lower than 1 maybe I would be a bit less upset right now. I've been on the pill for one week and three days, let's just say in that short amount of time I went through hell and back. I'm constantly nauseous with a pounding headache, I'm dizzy all the time, and always in pain because it feels like my stomach acid spread throughout my entire rib cage. I don't recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was on this for a year, just stopped last week. I started this pill to help with my cramps because I would be in extreme pain from my periods. Needless to say it fixed my cramps but caused me other problems. Gained 29 POUNDS, yeah 29 & I workout 4-5 times a week & eat pretty well. Redic amount of weight to gain & it DESTROYED my skin. I had beautiful skin, with occasional pimples around my period but this made my skin have acne scars & break out every day. AWFUL. Gave it a 2 because it prevented pregnancy, that's it."

SerenaDasilva June 10, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Well....50 pounds gained later I'm not very happy with this pill. I've talked to my doctor numerous times about this side effect and she says you will feel hungry all the time but you just need to tell yourself not to eat. The weight gain has made me depressed and self conscious, beginning to think this pill is not worth taking. Other than that, it has helped my periods and I haven't gotten pregnant so that's a plus."

Anonymous2220000 June 9, 2015

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this for birth control for over a year. I'd heard that I could have some spotting, especially in the first cycle, but I still get spotting starting about 3 weeks before my white pills (and it last up until then). This was very annoying for me so I will be switching away from the extended cycle."

Sarah959 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Literally a miracle drug my first time in a long time not having my extremely horrible period, best month of my life! no spotting, this is my first time using birth control. my acne is non-existent, my breast are larger which is a plus for me, and I've lost weight in all the right places! I'm so happy with this product!"

Tyler B (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015