User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 53 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 53 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1084 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by WhoIsDommie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Within the past year I've swapped birth control 3 times. All in all, I must say the 2 years that I used Sronyx, I had 0 complaints! If I did gain weight, it was minimal, my periods came like clockwork.. to the point I could almost gauge the hour it would start. I changed from it being ambitious in the hopes of not having to deal with something everyday. Worst mistake ever.

February 24, 2015 10:47 AM

Review by Kourtney1234:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it.

February 23, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by 118901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this for 3 months (before that, I was on Orsythia for 6 months, but my ob-gyn switched me over for some reason). Since starting Sronyx, I've noticed my acne has gotten worse, but I've had an increased sex drive, lost weight, and my periods are very light and short! I would recommend it.

February 8, 2015 9:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Alesse for 6 years now and I have never had any issues. No cramping, no acne, no weight gain. I highly recommend this birth control. 24 yr old

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 4:08 PM

Review by Fefe232326:

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: It is very good no side effects. I've been on Depo and Mirena both of which I do not recommend but Lessina no acne, nothing. You might get moody and as long you work out you won't gain or take the pills early mornings.

February 3, 2015 3:22 PM

Review by Jennifer Z. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am 19 years old & I have been taking Lutera for about seven months now. I have had hormonal problems and have noticed that this is a great solution. The pills are small and easy to take along with my other medications. The first two months of taking it I felt pretty nauseous & my breasts were a little tender. I started having sex about five months ago & I was very nervous at first about getting pregnant, however after being on this contraception, I am confident that this is a genuinely effective pill to take. I strongly recommend!!

January 30, 2015 5:58 PM

Review by Judy04:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: I've been taking Aviane for about 2 months going on three. The first two months were great now that I am on the third pack I've been feeling really nauseated. Although it did help with severe cramps I do not like feeling like I have to throw up all the time. It also cleared up my face a little.

January 20, 2015 12:01 AM

Review by ADarkenedAlley (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I really like Seasonique. I have been taking it for 7 years now. I have never had the spotting that other people have talked about. I have short periods every three months and don't have to worry about it in between. My only problem is that my weight fluctuates during the three months and I have put on a lot of weight since being on this medication.

January 18, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by Lindz325 (taken for 10 years or more):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I took this pill from 18-25 when I had my first baby. After, I was prescribed a different pill that was just ok. After the birth of my 2nd son I tried Mirena and it wasn't in place correctly so I didn't want to try again. Then, I went to Nuvaring, it was awful! Heavy bleeding on a crazy schedule and hormonal migraines that hadn't existed with other birth control. I am so happy to be back on Avaine as I have no notable side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 7:20 PM

Review by sabiana (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love this birth control, because I hate having my period. I have been on this pill for three years already and they are the best.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by Alligator90 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

CamreseLo (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I am 24 years old and have been taking CamreseLo for approximately 2 and a half years. I love this pill; I have had no side effects. I have been on a birth control continuously since I was 12 because of an extremely heavy and irregular menstruation. After being on CamreseLo for a year, my flow became very minimal. Now after over 2 years, my period only lasts 1 day. It's amazing considering I have very minimal spotting in between the 3 months of active pills. It has also reduced my cramps; which used to be so bad I couldn't move.

January 15, 2015 2:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Portia for a few months now. I've always had a super heavy 7 day period and terrible cramps. The cramps have reduced a lot but my period last month was 14 DAYS LONG. However it was substantially lighter. It was also very very rare for me to get sick before starting this pill and since I've been on it I have vomited out of no where 3 times. My mood swings have also been pretty bad since starting Portia causing me and my boyfriend of over a year to fight a lot more often. I'm thinking of changing this pill.

January 13, 2015 9:15 AM

Review by Maggiedoodle:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Got on Orsythia because of PMDD. Used to be suicidal right before my period. After taking the pill I'm MUCH more balanced. Only criticism is it makes my breasts extra sore during PMS. And the first couple months I had spotting. But, overall it's great. And it's definitely done its job to prevent pregnancy!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 7:58 PM

Review by blythechick86 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: This medication has been great for my endometriosis and ovarian cysts. The only downside is that I now I have to go off of it because I have developed hepatic adenomas (uncommon benign liver tumors) that are caused by the long term use of estrogen (I've been on it for more than 5 years).

January 12, 2015 8:54 AM

Review by DeeMo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Chateal for 3 months now and I did not gain weight, nor did I get crazy mood swings. The only thing that happened was my period came at the same time every month and I didn't get pregnant. It works great!

January 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Review by Alyssa382972:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill had no side effects didnt make me break out or get bigger breasts but it did make my cramps 5 times more painful than they normally are. I got 2 periods a month even after being on it for 6 months. I'm giving it a somewhat good review because it did not get me pregnant.

January 7, 2015 11:50 PM

Review by J. Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm 19 and I started taking Lutera 4 months ago. It's been working pretty well for me, but I had a horrible period, mood swings and nausea in the first month I took it. After that, my periods were light and the only side effect that stuck around was some breast tenderness and mild cramping on the first day of my period. Also, it caused my breasts to grow larger, even though I weigh the same as when I started it. It's a great birth control pill once you get past the first few weeks.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 4:22 AM

Review by daisyyyy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I took Levora for the first time when I was 21 and the first day I felt really bad. I felt nauseated all day, I wanted to quit there then but I am honestly glad I did not. It was great after that, I did not experience any weight gain or acne issues.

January 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Review by June O (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Its great. I've been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 before and I was a train wreck. But now my periods are controlled. They last only 5 days compared to the 1.5 weeks when I wasn't taking anything. I haven't gained weight like I did with the other one and I am not so emotional. I feel normal except my sex drive really lowered and I get horrible cramps and bloats on my period. Which I never got before but I don't mind because I dont bleed as much.

January 4, 2015 6:40 PM

Review by And Rene (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was prescribed Sronyx as a way to control the amount of blood I lose during my very heavy periods. I have been on it for about 5 months now and here is my experience with it. I feel very normal taking this pill. About Me: -Age: 24 -Weight: 105 -Ethnicity: Hispanic -Sexually Active -I eat healthy -Little to Moderate Exercise My Experience: -Period was lighter after 1st month and has continued to stay light. I used to bleed for 5-6 days heavily and get severe cramps. Now my periods are light and will last 3 days. I still get light cramps. -I have not gained weight. -Skin cleared up -No mood swings or depression. -Sex drive has not changed. -On occasions I will experience nausea after I eat. -I still PMS -NO 'breakthrough bleeding'

December 31, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by d_hoot:

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Watch out for the first three months. That is all I can say. Prepare for an emotional roller coaster. My boyfriend and I considered it "the monster pill" for a while jokingly, yet it is a very good description. Now that I have been on this pill for about 5 months, I actually love it! It's increased my breast size, I have a very very regular period, and I'm feeling no emotional changes. However, when I do miss a pill or two, and I take 2 or three at once, I am extremely sore the next couple days. Not sure if this is normal or just a coincidence. Gives me motivation to take them daily! Lol. Anyway, overall, a great pill. Reason I took two points away is for the first three months of hell!

December 30, 2014 10:46 PM

Review by samanthaaaaaaaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started this birth control because my body had a negative reaction to the Depo Provera shot. I enjoy getting my period every three months, and it's always pretty light. The only bad side effect I have experienced is skin sensitivity. I more easily get acne and whenever I scratch myself the marks show. The most prominent example of skin sensitivity comes from my bra. It just hurts so bad at the end of the day that I have to take it off. Otherwise this has been a great birth control, considering this is fourth one I've tried.

December 26, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by Jess Hess (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm 16 and been on Levora for about 2 months. At first I had a slight weight gain and extreme breast tenderness. But now on my second month my breasts have gone up a cup size, but tenderness is still there. The tenderness is bearable. My skin has improved greatly! My skin looks soft and clear. There's also been a decline of facial hair for me. I haven't had my period in almost 2 months with no spotting. I do have slight cramps near the time of my period but it only lasts for a second or two then disappears. Overall it works for me.

December 26, 2014 3:43 PM

Review by M_D_C_:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking Orsythia for almost two weeks and my emotions are all over the place. I get very upset at my boyfriend for no reason and I tend to cry a lot. I have also had a little more acne than usual.

December 25, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Decreased sex drive, acne, and very depressed. Too low for me I think

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate