User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Enpresse, ...show all 51 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 51 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1034 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by ladymel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love this Birth control so far! I've been on it for 2 months , I spotted on and off for the first 3 weeks . I just used a poise pantyliner and was fine. I have had slight acne, but I wash and use Bentonite Clay 3 times a week . I've heard of excessive spotting , you have to take it at the same time every day . I take it at 7pm like clock work , sometimes 6:30. Take it at night

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: It was great, take it at night though to avoid stomach trouble. But it worked great no acne or bleeding.

November 18, 2014 2:15 PM

Review by Soph010 (taken for less than 1 month):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've only been on Alesse for 3 weeks and since this is my first time on a birth control pill, I can't really say all that much except for the fact that i've been spotting for 5 days, I should be getting my period in about a week and I get cranky extremely easily now (well more than normal) but other than that, it's been a decent experience so far I guess.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by ClaraJuliet:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Lutera helped regulate my irregular periods. I've had absolutely NO side effects since starting it 8 months ago. Breasts are slightly more plump without any discomfort, score! I've previously taken other forms of BC which I had experienced crazy mood swings. Lutera is definitely a winner for me!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by Does the job, not well though (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about almost a year now. I have yet to get pregnant, so it's doing its job. Although, this pill comes with many down falls to not getting pregnant. Every single month after my period I receive extreme uncontrollable nausea. It wakes me up every night for the first week and I feel forced to make myself throw up. After a year I'm finally considering getting a new birth control.

October 27, 2014 6:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Effective form of birth control yet caused excessive abnormal bleeding during the three month cycle in which I should not have gotten my period. Eventually removed from medication due to abnormal uterine bleeding while taking this product.

October 26, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Apop (taken for less than 1 month):

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Took this for only 3 weeks before having to stop. Caused a lump in my right breast, sad mood, daily constant nausea, and NO sex drive.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 22, 2014 10:29 PM

Review by Kandee W:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is the only birth control that has ever gotten my cycle regulated for a long period of time. Usually I will switch medicines only to have it regulated for 3-4 months, then everything to go haywire again. With Lutera, I have no breakthrough bleeding or spotting, no headaches or body aches, and no weight gain. I love this birth control. Before I was on this, I was very anemic from an abnormal period (bleeding 2-3 weeks out of the month), but now I don't even have to take my iron supplement. Also, I am not pregnant, so it works there, too, which is good.

October 14, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Chjgfhlgdv:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on it for 7 months now and it has been a good experience. At first I was scared to take it due to the possible side effects, and weight gain! Only the first month I experienced mild headaches and morning sickness but I think it was my body adjusting to it. No weight gain at all which makes it great, my periods are regular always on time, and cramps got better. The only thing I noticed that I get emotional the first week of starting a new package, but it helps having a very comprehensive boyfriend other than that the pill is great! I enjoy my sex better, without stressing of getting pregnant! I'll soon be getting my 8th and 9th package.

October 7, 2014 10:45 PM

Review by thattt girlllll:

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Jolessa since I was 17 and I'm now 23 & I absolutely love it! I had break through bleeding the first month, but after that only four periods a year and they only last 2 days 3 at the most. I recently changed doctors & got Camrese and I hate it! I've been spotting the whole first month. At the end of the month I had a full five day period. I'm switching back to Jolessa. I thought that Jolessa and Camrese was the same but they are not.

October 5, 2014 4:00 PM

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: The first week of taking the pill I felt very nauseous. By the second week I was extremely moody. I'm towards the end of my third week and so far so good. I don't have any more nausea or moody swings. I feel like my sex drive has stayed the same. Although, there is a problem I don't know if it's the pills or my period, but I noticed I have broke out a little more than usual. I'm hoping this will go away after starting my second pack.

October 5, 2014 1:44 AM

Review by FL2835 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started Lutera about a month ago. I was on the Nuvaring before that. I switched to Lutera because being as active as I am, the Nuvaring somehow found it's way out. Lutera is the first birth control pill that I have taken, and my experience has been great so far. The pills are small and easy to swallow which was a huge plus! I did not have breakthrough bleeding on the pill like I did with the Nuvaring {I skip my periods purposely by starting a new pack instead of the inactive week pill/Nuvaring} so that was fantastic as well. No pregnancies here, so it's been very effective for that! I never had any nausea with the pill, but I did have some weight gain {about 6 pounds, which did not make me happy!}.

October 4, 2014 2:43 PM

Review by Druqs:

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I developed terrible depression taking this medication. The first month and a half were fine, even energizing. I actually slept less and felt more alert the first few weeks.The first two nights I took the pill I only slept 4 hours, and woke up sweating and then couldn't sleep the rest of the night. This side effect went away, and then all was pretty normal for awhile. Then I felt myself slowly slipping into a funk. It started with a negative attitude towards things I used to enjoy, and progressed into terrible depression. I suspected the pill, and the day after the 3 months ended, I felt immediately better and happy again. It was like day and night. I went back to Nuvaring after this experience.

September 30, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by LoriCakes25:

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: When I first began birth control years ago, they put me on one that made me so moody, depressed, killed my libido and changed my personality, it felt. I went back to my doctor and tried several different pills and eventually I tried Alesse since it was low dose and I didn't have any negative side effects! I was always regular, but have always had bad cramps. This cut them back and made my periods short. I didn't get any unusual acne, or weight gain. If anything I lost weight. And it not only increased my libido, it made my O very strong and last longer. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. But I just loved it! I got off it after my divorce, but I will never use any other pill again. I've tried too many and this one is for me.

September 29, 2014 3:37 PM

Review by Aviane user (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This birth control has been the best for me. I know that there are many mixed reviews about it, but it has never given me any trouble at all. I have also tried Lo Loestrin Fe, Trinessa (HORRIBLE vaginal irritation) and Ortho-Tri Cyclen which all gave me various side effects. It just goes to show that everyone's bodies respond differently to different medicines. This birth control cleared up my acne, increased my cup size, and regulated my period. The only issue that I could complain of would be slight mood swings from time to time, but honestly that's it for me. I would highly suggest giving this birth control a try!

September 29, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Not impressed (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had a horrible experience with this pill. I've never had trouble with my weight, but I gained 20lbs once I started taking this. Terrible, uncontrollable acne. Would always have breakthrough bleeding. Ruined my sex drive. My breasts did increase from a C to a D though.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2014 11:04 AM

Review by aem0020 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Started taking Camrese to combat PMS-related anxiety, and it totally leveled me out. Now I take it for contraceptive purposes and it has worked great. I gained 20 lbs the first time on it, went off, lost some of the weight, went back on it, and haven't gained since. No spotting after the first pack, once my body was regulated. The dose of constant hormones really helped me feel in control and normal again.

September 23, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by Lutera birth control:

For Birth Control: Worst birth control ever. Made me have break outs all over worser than ever. Extra tired. Headaches. Not feeling like myself taking this birth control.

September 21, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by Rachel S (taken for less than 1 month):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I gained 6 lbs on this pill in one month. It was a last ditch effort at the bc pill for me. I have tried many others with many issues. My acne I get on my chin is ok hasn't gotten better or worse. No nausea or stomach pains. I have had some issues with constipation on this pill also. I have been having issues sleeping on this pill. Hey I'm not pregnant though...

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by Jaicuanakcjd:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This birth control seemed like it had no side effects for me until I realized it was literally making me crazy. I've always been a social person but since I started the pill I've had the worst anxiety and paranoia. It's different for everyone I guess, but make sure you realize that that definitely could be a side effect.

September 18, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by Peachie14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got the pills for free at Planned Parenthood. They were effective in the aspect that I never got pregnant, but the side effects were pretty horrible. I had clear skin all my life, but when I got on the pill I suffered from bad acne. I gained about ten pounds, a full cup size, and I felt constantly bloated. By the third month, I started suffering anxiety and depression. This medicine changed my personality and really messed with my head. After quitting, I've finally started to get my life back and my anxiety is going away. I personally don't think these pills are worth the side effects.

September 17, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on it for almost 2 years and it does great. I have no cramps, period starts normally on my third day of my blue pill, when I remember to take them it last about three days its super light. I'm not throwing up. My face recently started breaking out but maybe I need more water.

September 10, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Sandy6543 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill has made me so emotional. I'll be crying over the most pointless things and can't seem to control my emotions. I was never like this before, although it has lightened my periods.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by ENNNNA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Five because I never got pregnant, gained weight, spotted or lost my sex drive. However, my skin has been absolutely horrible the past 7 months on this pill. I had flawless skin before birth control. I also had flawless skin on the Nuva Ring. I wake up and dread seeing my face because I know there will be a raised red bump(s). They never surface and are cyst like. I used to never wear foundation or powder, now I have to cake it on because I can't stand looking at the huge bumps. Beware.. As someone who had flawless skin until 19, this birth control can do a number on your face. Also, I have been extremely emotional and moody constantly.

September 3, 2014 8:49 PM

Review by pelizabeth:

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 5 months now and I love it. However, for the first two months I had irregular spotting and cramping. This eventually went away, I'm assuming it was just my body adjusting to the change. I would recommend this birth control to anyone.

September 2, 2014 11:51 AM