User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Enpresse, ...show all 50 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 51 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1004 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by 1ahs1ahs3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Taken the pill for 4 months now, after having no period for 6 months. Since I started the pill I have had two periods each pack, despite taking the pills like clockwork. I've also developed sore breasts and super painful cyst - like acne all the time. No weight gain, nausea, or blood pressure issues though. Not going to take this anymore!

August 24, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by humblebumble (taken for less than 1 month):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had to switch from Aviane to Sronyx about 2 weeks ago because my pharmacy ran out of my normal pill and honestly I can not WAIT till this pack is done because I've gotten terrible side effects. I've gotten extreme nausea, crazy discharge, constipation, sore breasts and daily headaches. I've also been really irritable, I'm scared to see what my period will be like!

August 23, 2014 3:43 AM

Review by anthonyj (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Orsythia for 6 months for controlling dysmenorrhea, or painful periods. Before starting birth control overall two years ago, I missed at least two days of school and work a month because my cramps, backache, nausea, and headaches prevented me from doing more than sitting in bed crying. After Orsythia, I barely get a period, it lasts four days and I rarely need to use anything more than a pantiliner. I get the occasional cramp, but nothing unmanageable. I love this pill!

August 16, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Ksg1133:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 3 months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm bloated the first two weeks of my pills. It's terrible. I always start in the middle of my row of my active pills and my period is long. Like 8 days. Not happy. I'm calling to switch. I switched from Minastrin Fe which was terrible too.

August 15, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by SharkWeek405 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Alesse twice, this time for 2 months so far. I've had no problems at all. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and it's fixed my period so far. My complexion is getting better, I've had no unusual depression or anxiety and I haven't gained additional weight.

August 13, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Levora for 7 years. It's been exactly a set to the time and day of my menstrual cycles which I like. And no bad side effects ever that I have noticed, but am worried and anxious for whenever I choose to stop it what could happen to my body after so many years of non stop use.

August 11, 2014 8:25 PM

Review by Kres3363 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I LOVE Seasonique. Four months in and no problems with it. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to deal with more than four periods a year.

August 9, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by Miss Kass:

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: First Time, First Month on Alesse 28! This first month on Alesse has been really something. I have had really no side effects except the odd feeling weird until about 4 days ago. I started bleeding with 5 days left on the pill and feeling nauseous with a headache here and there, fatigued, and achy everywhere! While I'm still able to eat, I have no energy and feel like crap all the time...Will this get better going into the second month? The cramps start over heavy then get lighter, it's really off and on but my for my period right now, it's a bit lighter then before but I haven't seen a big difference yet? Is this because it's only the first month? Just wanted to share my experience because it's really been something!

August 8, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by My blanket (taken for less than 1 month):

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: Currently almost the 3rd week in the first month, I noticed immediately the change, I started the pill the first Sunday after the first day of my period, it killed my period dead in its tracks, stopped all heavy bleeding, I don't feel any more cysts or deadly sharp pains. This product works as far as getting rid of the period, but the side effects are bad. I feel bipolar. I'll be so angry with life, then I'll get depressed, then I'll be lethargic for days. It's only been 3 weeks and I KNOW I have to let my body get used to these new pills, but it's hard mentally. I'm rarely happy. No sex drive. No energy. I am starting to get some of the sharp pains back, as well as throwing up after every time I eat and constantly dizzy.

August 7, 2014 4:39 AM

Review by FlowerfulPowerful:

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've spent 11 months on Camrese and it's been great. No period, my acne and mood swings were under control. I had occasional spotting, and over the course of the past year I've gained 10 lbs (with no other lifestyle changes), which are the only reasons I will be discussing changing medication with my doctor.

August 6, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Pcoser (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I took Lutera for a year, it was my second try on the pill since my first attempt with Loestrin Fe was horrid. I got acne spots every once in a while, but nothing big. My breasts were insanely tender almost constantly. My sex drive was destroyed by the end of my one year of trying this pill, and I would get SO moody. My poor boyfriend had to go through a lot with me taking this pill and I gained 50lbs. I never did notice a difference in my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome-related symptoms, which was a bummer. It could work for someone else, I'm sure though, since birth control affect everyone differently. I'm on Nexplanon now, which has given me absolute clear skin, my sex drive is back and my moodiness is normal again. No more crying at the drop of a hat.

August 6, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking LoSeasonique for years. I have never had problems with it until lately. Due to my new job I have been bad at taking the pill the same time every day which is causing a lot of spotting, which is my fault. But I have noticed a decrease in sex drive. Otherwise I have never had a problem with this for 5 years.

August 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Review by jrhaney14 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking Orsythia for about a year and a half and I have no complaints about it. After reading a lot of the comments I noticed people were only unsatisfied with it because of pimples and weight gain. Sure I get an occasional pimple or cramp but can we look at the bigger picture? It does its job in protecting us from getting pregnant. That's all I have to say.

August 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Anon28393884 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Nordette-28 (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This medication elevated my male hormones. I grew dark hair down my belly button and on my chin. My new gynecologist immediately knew that it was my birth control. She stated that this type is "androgynizing." Other side effects included extremely increased sex drive, aggression, and mood swings. I give it a 5 because, despite all of that, I'm not pregnant. It technically worked.

July 29, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by Stephjeff:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: When I first got on the pill I saw no real side effects. In the second month my period was all over the place but has regulated and become lighter and shorter since. I did see bad acne underneath my skin right after my first period but that lasted a day and since my skin has been clearer. My breasts are increasing in size. And I have yet to get pregnant. I haven't had any mood swings or depression. I still have a great sex drive and have had a great experience with this pill. Weight wise I've lost a couple pounds in the 3 1/2 months I've been on it despite my Poor eating habits. My friend didn't have a good experience after the first month and stopped. But birth control messes with hormones so it'll get worse before it gets better while you adjust.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Review by Raine8:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking Sronyx for about 3 weeks. I am on my 4th day on my inactive pills. Last night I woke up with really bad cramps and to a really heavy period. Which has never happened before my periods before birth control were very light and no cramping. I've also experience Breast growth, and a little weight gain.

July 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by Aubautumn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started on this almost a year ago. I noticed from the beginning my mood changed. I felt mad and annoyed more. But other than that, this is great! My period is never a surprise, and I'm not pregnant, so 10 stars.

July 22, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started this birth control in November of 2013, waited about a month and a half before I started having sex and it protected me. I stopped in mid-March and got back on it two weeks later right after my period. Then 12 days after I started taking it again, I had unprotected sex and I was so scared I was pregnant but I'm NOT. It's best to start taking this birth control RIGHT after your period or during your period, you will be fully protected. Only side effects were the weight gain because my appetite increased. Other than that I was good. Light periods that last about 1-2 days also.

July 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on it for a year now. My acne cleared up a lot! I am much more emotional over the last year and cried a lot more but I didn't think it was from the pills till I read the comments on here. I have gain some weight. My period is shorter than before, is now three days. I haven't gotten pregnant so it's working for me!

July 18, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by bamber789 (taken for less than 1 month):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Started taking the pill three weeks ago. No side effects like headaches, weight gain, or fatigue but I'm having extremely bad mood swings, constantly. This pill makes me feel like a crazy lady! I'm normally a calm relaxed person, also my anxiety is extremely high. Seriously considering stopping the pills asap. Hopefully planned parenthood has something else to offer that works for me.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 2:12 AM

Review by klh028:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is the first birth control pill I've been on and I started taking it the same time as Lexapro (anti-anxiety). I conquered all of my anxiety problems and stopped taking it, however I have gained 10 lbs since April and my acne has been horrible. I've read a lot of reviews about Lutera and have noticed the same things. I dont have cramps or bleed near as bad, however the day before I start my period and the day after the last sugar pill I'm an absolute nightmare. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm looking for a different pill. I'm asking my doctor about it as soon as I get home.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by azn gurl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Alesse for 6 months without problems. I gained a cup size and maintained my weight. No mood swings. No spotting. TAKE NOTE OF THE BRAND AT YOUR PHARMACY THOUGH! Often times they prescribe you a generic brand even IF your doctor wrote Alesse. I had noticed this and spoke to my pharmacist. And got the name brand.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 12:01 AM

Review by Mollyoxodon:

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was VERY wary about being switched to this birth control. I had been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 3 years without any problems, but then I started having breakthrough bleeding, and increased skin breakouts including lots of cystic acne. Doctor put me on Levora, & after reading a lot of reviews of side effects, I was super worried I'd end up with worse acne. It's been 4 months and I LOVE THIS PILL. My skin has never looked better. I didn't experience any emotional issues with the switch. My period is regular again, and lighter than it even was on the other pill. I barely get any cramps. I love it. If you're reading all these negative reviews, remember people are more likely to post negative experiences than positive ones.

July 14, 2014 10:08 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking Lutera since Aug 2012 and everything is good. I did gain a couple extra pounds (which I shed off pretty quick due to having a fast metabolism) but that beats being pregnant when you are not ready. Also my breasts are HUGE and I am LOVING it! I have been taking this because of my irregular periods. I did have slight bleeding a few months ago for about 2-3 days but after reading the pamphlet, that was listed as a side effect. I have noticed that I am a bit more moody but all in all it works great for me. Everybody is different so if it works for you, great. If not there are dozens of other pills/methods.

July 14, 2014 4:30 AM

Review by Miss Megan:

Alesse-28 (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am on Alesse 28 for 3 months now (I usually skip the sugar pills), I don't have any problems with it. No spotting, just a little nausea for the first 2 days but that's it. I didn't gain any weight nor did Iose any. My breasts did go up one cup size. I was sexually active during my 2nd month and I continued to menstrate as indicated in my pamphlet I had received with my prescription. It works, and I'm happy. It gives me peace of mind.

July 11, 2014 5:59 PM