Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 53 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 53 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1103 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by Jessdes (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This has worked amazingly for my hormonal acne (cystic acne on the sides of my chin). Ive been taking it for about a year now and I get the odd zit here and again but for the most part its cleared up. Most effective treatment I have ever used for acne. I dont bother taking the sugar pills or skip a week, I just go right to the next pack as recommended by my doctor.

March 23, 2015 2:24 PM

Review by Alesse 28 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I've been on Alesse for five months now and I had every side effect. Crazy acne (I've never had until I started taking Alesse), mood swings, weight gain (I was 120lb before starting Alesse and not five months later 145lb - I am a petit woman and I don't eat very much, my food intake and Excerise has not changed thus, the weight gain is depressing), chest pain, swelling breast and no sex drive. The pro about Alesse is that it regulates. I had regular periods for five months. The only reason I was put in birth control was to maintain my polycystic ovarian syndrome. I'm 23 and was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I am now switching to a new birth control (Tri Cyclen Lo) and hopefully this one is better. Finger crossed!

March 20, 2015 8:25 AM

Review by Mani mani (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was taking Sprintec before Aviane and i must say I'm glad I made the switch. Sprintec made me nauseous whenever I took it and I couldn't take it without eating. With Aviane, I don't feel any sickness at all and I don't need to take it with food which makes it more convenient.

March 19, 2015 10:27 AM

Review by Happy User (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got on Jolessa because I get horrible migraines when I get my period, so having it just 4 times a year is much better than 12/13 (I got it every 22 days). I gained a little weight but other than that, I love it. I've never had any issues with other side effects and I've been on it for a year and a half.

March 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Review by ishqekhuda (taken for less than 1 month):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I began breaking out like crazy within a week of starting this.

March 16, 2015 5:39 PM

Review by Ashleyyyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm just about to finish my first month of Orsythia and I love it! Everyone will have a different experience but mine is great! I have no bad side effects. I don't know if it's the birth control but ever since I've started taking it, my acne has been under control, I've lost weight, and my breasts seem a little bigger! I don't have any cramps or feel any more tired than usual. Definitely happy with this birth control!

March 10, 2015 2:34 PM

Review by Sidney J:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Aviane for a little over a year now and I love it! No negative side effects and my breast size has increased. Great sex drive, no mood swings, normal periods and no babies yet! I'd highly recommend this pill!

March 8, 2015 5:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am on my 3rd month close to the sugar pills and I have been spotting for the past week and a 1/2. I've gained 10lbs, experience pimples here and there, mood swings, and a decrease in sex drive! I'm not sure if I like the pill yet or not b/c my body hasn't had time to completely adjust. I hate the spotting and cramps but my breast did grow and the 1st few months on it was great. I think I'll try another pack to see if my body adjusts.

March 5, 2015 12:52 AM

Review by KeilaK:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is my first time being on ANY birth control ever..I have no nausea or any sickness.. slight headache the first couple of days taking it.. I think my mood is changing only because I am tired of spotting every day! It's annoying, my doctor said that it is normal and to give it at least two months to regulate. I hope she's right...

March 4, 2015 3:25 PM

Review by Rosie H:

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This made my skin look beautiful! Within 2 weeks, I had a noticeable improvement in my skin. Only issue was the severe mood swings it would give me (which is why I'm not on it). I would cry for no reason and would lash out at others). I noticed how upset I would get and did not like feeling that way.

March 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Review by Swimmergirl168:

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill was the first kind of birth control my doctor recommended me with. I was very nervous at first because she said it would help with my size and because I have had chronic episodes of anemia. I also had the fears of every girl: gaining weight, acne, mood swings, and the contraceptive failing. I've been on Chateal for a year now and none of those things have occurred! I'm very happy with this pill and will renew my prescription.

March 2, 2015 12:43 AM

Review by Taylorjade:

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Just switched from the Nuva-ring because it was giving me horrible hormone headaches. Been slightly nauseous switching back to an oral pill. Only thing to note is super intense nipple sensitivity. Ow! Hope it subsides soon.

February 26, 2015 6:52 PM

Review by WhoIsDommie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Within the past year I've swapped birth control 3 times. All in all, I must say the 2 years that I used Sronyx, I had 0 complaints! If I did gain weight, it was minimal, my periods came like clockwork.. to the point I could almost gauge the hour it would start. I changed from it being ambitious in the hopes of not having to deal with something everyday. Worst mistake ever.

February 24, 2015 10:47 AM

Review by Kourtney1234:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it.

February 23, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by H321 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have taken a few different birth controls and had a lot of problems with them (Apri-painful sharp pains during intercourse,cramps). I love Aviane. I do not have cramps ever, period lasts 3-4 days (not heavy), always comes the same day, pain has stopped, no weight gain, no cravings, no mood swings, nothing. I've taken it for over a year. My sex drive has decreased a little but I don't know if it's because of this pill as I don't really recall when my sex drive lessened.

February 11, 2015 9:40 PM

Review by 118901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this for 3 months (before that, I was on Orsythia for 6 months, but my ob-gyn switched me over for some reason). Since starting Sronyx, I've noticed my acne has gotten worse, but I've had an increased sex drive, lost weight, and my periods are very light and short! I would recommend it.

February 8, 2015 9:42 PM

Review by Krisss:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Was fine for about a year taking it. After that I was experiencing aura migraines, horrible painful cramps landing my in the ER. And HORRIBLE skin. Before going on it, I had some pimples here and there but it was out of control with cystic pimples. Went off of it, and my skin improved within a month. Rare to get a migraine. Much happier to be off of it!

February 5, 2015 11:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Alesse for 6 years now and I have never had any issues. No cramping, no acne, no weight gain. I highly recommend this birth control. 24 yr old

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 4:08 PM

Review by Fefe232326:

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: It is very good no side effects. I've been on Depo and Mirena both of which I do not recommend but Lessina no acne, nothing. You might get moody and as long you work out you won't gain or take the pills early mornings.

February 3, 2015 3:22 PM

Review by Jennifer Z. (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am 19 years old & I have been taking Lutera for about seven months now. I have had hormonal problems and have noticed that this is a great solution. The pills are small and easy to take along with my other medications. The first two months of taking it I felt pretty nauseous & my breasts were a little tender. I started having sex about five months ago & I was very nervous at first about getting pregnant, however after being on this contraception, I am confident that this is a genuinely effective pill to take. I strongly recommend!!

January 30, 2015 5:58 PM

Review by Mooncastyre (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: I am 40 years old. My doctor prescribed this medication to treat heavy bleeding due to an ovarian cyst that developed after several Clomid cycles with my infertility specialist. After three months, my periods are regular again, but at the cost of several unpleasant side effects. I have painful cystic acne in my genitalia, I have gone from being calm and relaxed to short-tempered, and my sleep cycles have been disrupted, leaving me tired all the time. The first day or two of my period is extremely painful, but that may be due to the fact that I have more like a 25 day cycle and the pill is trying to force a 28 day cycle.

January 26, 2015 2:51 PM

Review by Jamirula:

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Seasonique for almost 3 months, I haven't had any spotting however really bad acne on my T-zone. In the past I have had maybe 2-3 spots at a time but now 3 months In I have multiple spots triple or more than usual. I am totally attracted to 3-4 menstrual cycles a year, not to the idea of the acne however.

January 25, 2015 10:04 PM

Review by Kayla 23 yrs old:

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started taking Jolessa Lo October 16, 2014. At first I hated it because I was nauseous the first week with bad migraines, then it went away. My appetite has increased & I have a little acne here and there. After the first month I was spotting until I ended the entire pack. When my period started on the last 7 days I got my new pack (91 pills), then there was no more spotting. So the first three months is a breakthrough, after you should be good! Its my 4th month now (1/22/15). Also my sex drive did not decrease, but I have several mood swings

January 22, 2015 1:24 PM

Review by Judy04:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: I've been taking Aviane for about 2 months going on three. The first two months were great now that I am on the third pack I've been feeling really nauseated. Although it did help with severe cramps I do not like feeling like I have to throw up all the time. It also cleared up my face a little.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 12:01 AM

Review by Lea bb:

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I took this pill for 4 years and have a really bad cystic acne. Then my doc prescribed me Ortho Levora to stop it. I was amazed that it cleared my face. However, when I stop it it comes back. Well, I had a pretty bad diet and do not exercise so probably it contributes to the cystic acne lesions. Now, I exercise 5-6 times per week and diet is straight (no fast food, any types of sweet beverage- even juice or Gatorade-, no fried stuff, salty food, and etc.) Now, I can get off Levora without having any problems with cystic acne. Weight gain wise I did pack a lot of pounds when I first taking it. Well, I was eating unhealthy so it must be the culprit not the birth control itself. If anyone complains gaining weight on this you are eating too much.

January 19, 2015 12:56 PM