User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Enpresse, ...show all 51 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 51 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1013 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on it for almost 2 years and it does great. I have no cramps, period starts normally on my third day of my blue pill, when I remember to take them it last about three days its super light. I'm not throwing up. My face recently started breaking out but maybe I need more water.

September 10, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Sandy6543 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill has made me so emotional. I'll be crying over the most pointless things and can't seem to control my emotions. I was never like this before, although it has lightened my periods.

September 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by ENNNNA (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Five because I never got pregnant, gained weight, spotted or lost my sex drive. However, my skin has been absolutely horrible the past 7 months on this pill. I had flawless skin before birth control. I also had flawless skin on the Nuva Ring. I wake up and dread seeing my face because I know there will be a raised red bump(s). They never surface and are cyst like. I used to never wear foundation or powder, now I have to cake it on because I can't stand looking at the huge bumps. Beware.. As someone who had flawless skin until 19, this birth control can do a number on your face. Also, I have been extremely emotional and moody constantly.

September 3, 2014 8:49 PM

Review by pelizabeth:

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for 5 months now and I love it. However, for the first two months I had irregular spotting and cramping. This eventually went away, I'm assuming it was just my body adjusting to the change. I would recommend this birth control to anyone.

September 2, 2014 11:51 AM

Review by sari sari j:

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was on Levora for a year and absolutely loved it. Never a negative side effect. I'm finishing my second month on Chateal and have gained weight, experienced extreme mood swings. Crying and yelling for no reason. I'm also cramping like crazy before my period. I'm in more pain then before the birth control. (Which was the reason I started in the first place).

September 2, 2014 3:40 AM

Review by witV (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Aviane is the second type of birth control that I have taken. It's already been a month and I love it. My skin is completely flawless and I haven't experienced any side effects besides tender breast. I haven't gained any weight either. This birth control is great!

September 1, 2014 1:05 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking this pill for two weeks now and I have noticed I've been feeling super fatigued. I am usually energetic and outgoing but the past two weeks all I have wanted to do was sleep, even while I'm out with friends I'm still tired.

August 29, 2014 4:23 PM

Review by Chrystall (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've used Levora for almost a year now. I do have a heavier period however they seem to be getting lighter which freaked me out at first until I learned that is what this pill is supposed to do. When I do get my period I tend to get more moody and angry but when I start the new pack this moodiness ends. As for birth control I find it works very well.

August 26, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by 1ahs1ahs3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Taken the pill for 4 months now, after having no period for 6 months. Since I started the pill I have had two periods each pack, despite taking the pills like clockwork. I've also developed sore breasts and super painful cyst - like acne all the time. No weight gain, nausea, or blood pressure issues though. Not going to take this anymore!

August 24, 2014 2:33 PM

Review by humblebumble (taken for less than 1 month):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had to switch from Aviane to Sronyx about 2 weeks ago because my pharmacy ran out of my normal pill and honestly I can not WAIT till this pack is done because I've gotten terrible side effects. I've gotten extreme nausea, crazy discharge, constipation, sore breasts and daily headaches. I've also been really irritable, I'm scared to see what my period will be like!

August 23, 2014 3:43 AM

Review by MaivLis (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: My first experience with birth control was when I was 16 and I was taking Sprintec for protection. It wasn't exactly horrible in the area of side affects but it gave me a great amount of acne. The acne was not too bad, it was merely extreme small and numerous bumps on my forehead but it looked really bad when I applied make-up as you can see the blemishes and bumps on my head in light. I immediately went off after two weeks. Now I'm 18, and I've been on Levora for 3 months now and it is fantastic. It did give me a small smattering of acne and great tenderness in my breasts, but it's very adjusting and my body has gotten the hang of it as the acne has calmed down and the pill has been doing its job of protection.

August 22, 2014 3:41 PM

Review by anthonyj (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I have been on Orsythia for 6 months for controlling dysmenorrhea, or painful periods. Before starting birth control overall two years ago, I missed at least two days of school and work a month because my cramps, backache, nausea, and headaches prevented me from doing more than sitting in bed crying. After Orsythia, I barely get a period, it lasts four days and I rarely need to use anything more than a pantiliner. I get the occasional cramp, but nothing unmanageable. I love this pill!

August 16, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Ksg1133:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for 3 months and I've gained 10 pounds. I'm bloated the first two weeks of my pills. It's terrible. I always start in the middle of my row of my active pills and my period is long. Like 8 days. Not happy. I'm calling to switch. I switched from Minastrin Fe which was terrible too.

August 15, 2014 8:38 PM

Review by SharkWeek405 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Alesse twice, this time for 2 months so far. I've had no problems at all. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and it's fixed my period so far. My complexion is getting better, I've had no unusual depression or anxiety and I haven't gained additional weight.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Levora for 7 years. It's been exactly a set to the time and day of my menstrual cycles which I like. And no bad side effects ever that I have noticed, but am worried and anxious for whenever I choose to stop it what could happen to my body after so many years of non stop use.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 8:25 PM

Review by Kres3363 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I LOVE Seasonique. Four months in and no problems with it. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to deal with more than four periods a year.

August 9, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by Miss Kass:

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: First Time, First Month on Alesse 28! This first month on Alesse has been really something. I have had really no side effects except the odd feeling weird until about 4 days ago. I started bleeding with 5 days left on the pill and feeling nauseous with a headache here and there, fatigued, and achy everywhere! While I'm still able to eat, I have no energy and feel like crap all the time...Will this get better going into the second month? The cramps start over heavy then get lighter, it's really off and on but my for my period right now, it's a bit lighter then before but I haven't seen a big difference yet? Is this because it's only the first month? Just wanted to share my experience because it's really been something!

August 8, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by My blanket (taken for less than 1 month):

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: Currently almost the 3rd week in the first month, I noticed immediately the change, I started the pill the first Sunday after the first day of my period, it killed my period dead in its tracks, stopped all heavy bleeding, I don't feel any more cysts or deadly sharp pains. This product works as far as getting rid of the period, but the side effects are bad. I feel bipolar. I'll be so angry with life, then I'll get depressed, then I'll be lethargic for days. It's only been 3 weeks and I KNOW I have to let my body get used to these new pills, but it's hard mentally. I'm rarely happy. No sex drive. No energy. I am starting to get some of the sharp pains back, as well as throwing up after every time I eat and constantly dizzy.

August 7, 2014 4:39 AM

Review by FlowerfulPowerful:

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've spent 11 months on Camrese and it's been great. No period, my acne and mood swings were under control. I had occasional spotting, and over the course of the past year I've gained 10 lbs (with no other lifestyle changes), which are the only reasons I will be discussing changing medication with my doctor.

August 6, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Pcoser (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I took Lutera for a year, it was my second try on the pill since my first attempt with Loestrin Fe was horrid. I got acne spots every once in a while, but nothing big. My breasts were insanely tender almost constantly. My sex drive was destroyed by the end of my one year of trying this pill, and I would get SO moody. My poor boyfriend had to go through a lot with me taking this pill and I gained 50lbs. I never did notice a difference in my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome-related symptoms, which was a bummer. It could work for someone else, I'm sure though, since birth control affect everyone differently. I'm on Nexplanon now, which has given me absolute clear skin, my sex drive is back and my moodiness is normal again. No more crying at the drop of a hat.

August 6, 2014 1:57 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking LoSeasonique for years. I have never had problems with it until lately. Due to my new job I have been bad at taking the pill the same time every day which is causing a lot of spotting, which is my fault. But I have noticed a decrease in sex drive. Otherwise I have never had a problem with this for 5 years.

August 5, 2014 8:51 PM

Review by jrhaney14 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking Orsythia for about a year and a half and I have no complaints about it. After reading a lot of the comments I noticed people were only unsatisfied with it because of pimples and weight gain. Sure I get an occasional pimple or cramp but can we look at the bigger picture? It does its job in protecting us from getting pregnant. That's all I have to say.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by Anon28393884 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Nordette-28 (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This medication elevated my male hormones. I grew dark hair down my belly button and on my chin. My new gynecologist immediately knew that it was my birth control. She stated that this type is "androgynizing." Other side effects included extremely increased sex drive, aggression, and mood swings. I give it a 5 because, despite all of that, I'm not pregnant. It technically worked.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by Stephjeff:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: When I first got on the pill I saw no real side effects. In the second month my period was all over the place but has regulated and become lighter and shorter since. I did see bad acne underneath my skin right after my first period but that lasted a day and since my skin has been clearer. My breasts are increasing in size. And I have yet to get pregnant. I haven't had any mood swings or depression. I still have a great sex drive and have had a great experience with this pill. Weight wise I've lost a couple pounds in the 3 1/2 months I've been on it despite my Poor eating habits. My friend didn't have a good experience after the first month and stopped. But birth control messes with hormones so it'll get worse before it gets better while you adjust.

July 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Review by Raine8:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking Sronyx for about 3 weeks. I am on my 4th day on my inactive pills. Last night I woke up with really bad cramps and to a really heavy period. Which has never happened before my periods before birth control were very light and no cramping. I've also experience Breast growth, and a little weight gain.

July 25, 2014 1:45 PM