User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Enpresse, ...show all 50 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 50 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 989 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by Raine8:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking Sronyx for about 3 weeks. I am on my 4th day on my inactive pills. Last night I woke up with really bad cramps and to a really heavy period. Which has never happened before my periods before birth control were very light and no cramping. I've also experience Breast growth, and a little weight gain.

July 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by Aubautumn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started on this almost a year ago. I noticed from the beginning my mood changed. I felt mad and annoyed more. But other than that, this is great! My period is never a surprise, and I'm not pregnant, so 10 stars.

July 22, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started this birth control in November of 2013, waited about a month and a half before I started having sex and it protected me. I stopped in mid-March and got back on it two weeks later right after my period. Then 12 days after I started taking it again, I had unprotected sex and I was so scared I was pregnant but I'm NOT. It's best to start taking this birth control RIGHT after your period or during your period, you will be fully protected. Only side effects were the weight gain because my appetite increased. Other than that I was good. Light periods that last about 1-2 days also.

July 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on it for a year now. My acne cleared up a lot! I am much more emotional over the last year and cried a lot more but I didn't think it was from the pills till I read the comments on here. I have gain some weight. My period is shorter than before, is now three days. I haven't gotten pregnant so it's working for me!

July 18, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by bamber789 (taken for less than 1 month):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Started taking the pill three weeks ago. No side effects like headaches, weight gain, or fatigue but I'm having extremely bad mood swings, constantly. This pill makes me feel like a crazy lady! I'm normally a calm relaxed person, also my anxiety is extremely high. Seriously considering stopping the pills asap. Hopefully planned parenthood has something else to offer that works for me.

July 17, 2014 2:12 AM

Review by klh028:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is the first birth control pill I've been on and I started taking it the same time as Lexapro (anti-anxiety). I conquered all of my anxiety problems and stopped taking it, however I have gained 10 lbs since April and my acne has been horrible. I've read a lot of reviews about Lutera and have noticed the same things. I dont have cramps or bleed near as bad, however the day before I start my period and the day after the last sugar pill I'm an absolute nightmare. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm looking for a different pill. I'm asking my doctor about it as soon as I get home.

July 16, 2014 4:02 PM

Review by azn gurl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Alesse for 6 months without problems. I gained a cup size and maintained my weight. No mood swings. No spotting. TAKE NOTE OF THE BRAND AT YOUR PHARMACY THOUGH! Often times they prescribe you a generic brand even IF your doctor wrote Alesse. I had noticed this and spoke to my pharmacist. And got the name brand.

July 15, 2014 12:01 AM

Review by Mollyoxodon:

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was VERY wary about being switched to this birth control. I had been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 3 years without any problems, but then I started having breakthrough bleeding, and increased skin breakouts including lots of cystic acne. Doctor put me on Levora, & after reading a lot of reviews of side effects, I was super worried I'd end up with worse acne. It's been 4 months and I LOVE THIS PILL. My skin has never looked better. I didn't experience any emotional issues with the switch. My period is regular again, and lighter than it even was on the other pill. I barely get any cramps. I love it. If you're reading all these negative reviews, remember people are more likely to post negative experiences than positive ones.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2014 10:08 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking Lutera since Aug 2012 and everything is good. I did gain a couple extra pounds (which I shed off pretty quick due to having a fast metabolism) but that beats being pregnant when you are not ready. Also my breasts are HUGE and I am LOVING it! I have been taking this because of my irregular periods. I did have slight bleeding a few months ago for about 2-3 days but after reading the pamphlet, that was listed as a side effect. I have noticed that I am a bit more moody but all in all it works great for me. Everybody is different so if it works for you, great. If not there are dozens of other pills/methods.

July 14, 2014 4:30 AM

Review by Miss Megan:

Alesse-28 (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am on Alesse 28 for 3 months now (I usually skip the sugar pills), I don't have any problems with it. No spotting, just a little nausea for the first 2 days but that's it. I didn't gain any weight nor did Iose any. My breasts did go up one cup size. I was sexually active during my 2nd month and I continued to menstrate as indicated in my pamphlet I had received with my prescription. It works, and I'm happy. It gives me peace of mind.

July 11, 2014 5:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Almost done my first pack of Alesse. This is the first birth control that I've been on and the experience hasn't been too great. I had extreme nausea the first three days, extreme anxiety for three days after that, and painful breasts that followed and have not stopped. My breasts have also grown a bit (but that's more of a good thing). I'm hoping that the side effects will eventually go away but so far it has been a negative experience. I'm scared to switch to other pills in fear of the symptoms being worse.

July 11, 2014 1:01 AM

Review by Cylus:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Only been taking Orsythia for under a month and it was perfect at first but towards the end of the first month my stomach always hurts, like it feels like it's bubbly or you could say hungry. Loss of appetite as well, eat half my food and then feel like throwing up. I hope these are the only problems I have or I will switch to a different one.

July 6, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by College Student (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I liked this medication and stayed on it for almost 2 years. However, the vaginal dryness was so bad and embarrassing that I had to switch. I also think the medication caused hair loss.

July 6, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Victoria Fontaine:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Sronyx for over four years now. Even from the very beginning I have not experienced any negative side effects with one exception (spotting in between periods has happened three times before, but nothing major). I know birth control affects each woman differently. My personal experience with Sronyx has been a very positive one. I have had no mood swings, no cramps during period, no heavy periods, no problems with weight/acne, and no changes in sex drive. I give it a nine out of ten only because of the occasional spotting in between periods.

July 2, 2014 6:33 PM

Review by Laurvg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Alesse for about 3 months and my acne is terrible and I feel depressed often. I've had no spotting and very light periods though.

June 30, 2014 10:33 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I went on this pill after being on the NuvaRing for several years, and I have never felt so depressed. My life is wonderful and relatively low stress, but everything seems like a hurdle while I'm taking this pill. Not to mention a severely decreased sex drive. I actually look forward to my period weeks when I don't have the hormones in my system! Definitely looking forward to going off this pill - almost a year of it and the only positive was not getting pregnant!

June 29, 2014 8:42 PM

Review by EllaBella9859:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started Lutera in January. I felt very nauseous almost all the time in the first month. My breasts grew significantly. My acne has cleared up. I did notice that I am very emotional and moody ever since I started Lutera especially the day before my period. I'm pretty consistent with when I take the pill. I usually take it around 10-11am but for the days I almost forget and take it at night, I feel really sick the next day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2014 3:54 AM

Review by Maddiehayeee:

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: The pills didn't cause any side effects or me, other than a constant spotting which is unimaginably irritating, and made me feel too embarrassed to get intimate making my annoyance for nothing. I'm hoping that the spotting stops soon. Although my the pills were convenient, with the purple package and made my period considerably lighter!

June 27, 2014 1:58 AM

Review by knittinkitten:

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I went on this last year for PMDD, like severe PMS, and did fine the first 6 months. I'm not sure why, but suddenly my periods are 2 weeks long instead of one. I'm also having the same severity, if not more, of cramps that I had before I started. I think the issue was that I might have already had estrogen dominance, and the lack of ovulation made it even worse. (No ovulation means no progesterone to help your periods be lighter.) Also I have zero sex drive. Seriously, doing dishes has been more appealing lately. It has made my mood issues improve, though. I don't feel nearly as depressed as I did before taking it.

June 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Averyb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

CamreseLo (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have tried multiple forms of birth control and have always had a problem with the side effects. Went from Nuvaring to this and became a complete PSYCHO! Almost ruined my relationship and it affected my job. Gave me severe anxiety, nausea, stomach cramps, every side effect listed I got.

June 24, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Cute face (taken for less than 1 month):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was quiet nervous about talking this pill, because I have had such bad experience with the shot. I'm on my 11 day of taking Lutera. I started on them the first day I received my period....and I've been bleeding ever since...very heavy at that, not a very happy camper. I have never bled this long.

June 24, 2014 4:48 PM

Review by Whitleyk:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I really want to switch pills, I was on another pill and I had pleasant results. My pharmacy prescribed me this one because they didn't have the other in stock. It has been awful. My period lasts 3-4 days with no cramping usually. But on Aviane it has lasted 7 days and it's super heavy with cramps. I've been irritable and yelling even about the smallest things. I cry over every little thing that happens to me.

June 24, 2014 8:43 AM

Review by Mrs ferrara:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking this birth control for 3 days and I can already tell what the side effects are, I have horrible nausea and have been vomiting, My legs and feet are swollen, I have started getting acne on my jawline, and I have been having the worst cramps ever. Gonna stick with it for a week until my dr gets back to prescribe new medication.

June 23, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have had a great experience with this medication. With this pill I have some PMS, nothing out of the norm and barely any cramping (which is great because I suffer from bad cramping). I recommend this pill been on it 6 months and its great!

June 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Review by megan23578:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on it for three months and have gained over 10 pounds, while on my regular gym schedule. I also never get pimples and I have had about 6 in the past 3 months.

June 19, 2014 2:15 PM