User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 55 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 61 reviews 160 medications

5.3
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 96 reviews 162 medications

Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1513 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started taking these pills in hopes of having my period every 3 months. The first month of the pack, I don't bleed at all until about the last week I have some very light spotting that lasts up through the middle of the 2nd month/pack of pills....then it remains heavy from the middle of the 2nd month all the way through the end of the third month. So total I ended up bleeding for about 6 weeks straight through each pack of pills. I've been on it for about 9 months now and this has happened every time. I will definitely be changing to another kind. I'd rather bleed once a month heavily than 6 weeks straight. I also was extremely tired all the time. The only positive is that it did prevent pregnancy and my skin cleared up tremendously."

Sheenaboo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I went from being a positive, upbeat, never cry type person. I'm stopping it today because I have been having suicidal thoughts, huge bouts of rage, self harming behavior, anxiety, extreme irritability and horrible feelings of being worthless. I have NEVER felt like that before until I took this for 8 months . DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG"

Samjk94 February 2, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I been on Chateal since Oct 2015 and the only negative thing about it is the extreme weight gain...I a profession personal trainer, very athletic eat a very well balance diet for my needs and I've gained about 12lbs... I no happy at all before Chateal I was on Orto 7/7/7 and on that pill I never gained weight, never had a problem and I had no need to get of it and go on some thing else."

walkgal January 31, 2016

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Sronyx for almost 2 years now and haven't had any issues! My cramps and periods length have lessened. The only thing I can think of is I got moodier after I started taking it during my periods."

nicnoo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 31, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about 2 years , I've never really had a problem with this pill ...heck I have no complains really . I just notice sometimes I get break through bleeding especially if I start a new cycle after skipping a month. My skin remains clear , my mood swings are in check plus I get a lighter period. I really do believe this pill works differently for different people. Yes my breast do get tender around my period but that's normal for my body. I did gain wieght but I'm not sure it was due to the pill Bc I do eat a lot. Lol. My body only filled out more in the right places. I also have a healthy sex drive unlike when I was on the Nuevo ring."

LolaaElle January 31, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First time using alesse been gaining weight like crazy my mood swings are all over the place my period been starting a week early so now my period lasts about 2 weeks. This pill is definitely not for me"

lisa January 31, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Aleese for 8 years. This birth control is great for preventing pregnancy and regulating my menstrual cycle. It also helped my menstrual cycle be lighter. Unfortunately, this birth control does lower your sex drive. I went off it and my sex drive came back full force and plan to go off it permanently."

Katie82 January 30, 2016

For Premenstrual Syndrome: "I started taking Orsythia 2.5 weeks ago. First time being on birth control to help with my PMDD. I couldn't imagine this being possible, but this medication makes me feel worse than my PMDD. For a week now, (I'm assuming due to the medicine finally taking into effect), I have been depressed, nauseous all day every day, crying constantly, no appetite, terrible stomach aches after eating anything, migraine, unable to focus, dizzy, bleeding for the past 7 days, and deep acne also has inflicted pain on my face which I never get. I mean, I had no idea life could be so miserable. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND to my worst enemy. My friend, however, has taken this for a few months now and seems perfectly fine. So who knows."

Angela0864 January 29, 2016

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Started taking Jolessa after using the Nuva Ring and spotting almost non-stop. Jolessa does just fine at preventing pregnancy and I have not had any other horrible side effects that others have had EXCEPT I literally gained 10-12lbs the first month I took it. I have been on it for 7 months and no matter how much I exercise and watch what I eat I can not shed any of this extra weight. I have always been able to maintain or lose weight but not while taking this particular BC. I am switching to TriNessa next week and hopefully will be able to lose what I have gained while on Jolessa."

LindsayR January 29, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I first started taking Lutera around the beginning of January. I noticed immediate mood swings within the first 2 weeks of taking it, I had a little trouble sleeping one night & literally started sobbing out of no where (mind you I'm not a very emotional person). It made me EXTREMELY depressed, & I only ever felt angry or sad, never happy, not to mention I felt very disconnected to my boyfriend who I am deeply in love with. I immediately got off of it during the third week. They say to stick it out the first 3 weeks at LEAST but I could not stay on it one more day. I immediately noticed the changes & I was back to my spunky positive self, thank god! ( :"

notpleased (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For Birth Control: "At the start of taking the levonorgestrel I thought that it was great. No side effects. At week 3 I started my period, which I was kinda expecting because of the warning of break through bleeding. The period was the worst I had ever had, a lot of bleeding and tissue loss. I consulted my doctor and she kept telling me that as long as it was getting lighter there was nothing to worry about. On day 25 of I was hospitalized and needed an emergency blood transfusion. They gave me 7 units of blood. I would say NEVER take this BC pill."

Angie1978 January 28, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Alesse has been working really well for me. In the last month I've gained 3 lbs in what I believe to be water weight, as I feel quite bloated. Either way I can easily work 3 lbs off. I have been a bit nauseous on it as I take Alesse in the morning, but nothing unmanageable. I haven't had any spotting. I've had a bit of breast tenderness, but nothing that bothers me. I have been a bit tired, so I just have a little extra coffee in the morning. Overall I've had a good experience so far with Alesse."

Amy Zd January 28, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lutera 28 for a year now. I've noticed how if I'm late taking my pill each day, even by two hours, I'll spot or even start my period early. MAJOR mood swings and depression. Some days I think I'm loosing my mind. It's effective in preventing pregnancy, however I've completely LOST my libido. If you're considering taking this pill, I would look into other BC options besides this one."

lady-lava (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I just started this birth control about two weeks ago if not three. I'm already having bad side effects. I'm so moody. I'll get so angry one minute and then crying and upset the next. Also very bad migraines and severe nausea. I'm at the point that I'm in bed with these symptoms. I haven't noticed any weight gain yet, but I'm eating like crazy. My acne hasn't been bad, but other than that I feel like I'm dying with these suckers. I'm not sure if my body just needs to get used to them or what, so I'm gonna give it a little while to adjust to my body. Wish me luck!"

Anonymousgirlygirl1994 January 24, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Before I was on Lutera- I was on Lo Loestin FE (which was awful!- I would bleed literally two weeks out of the month, had no sex drive and gained 10 lbs). After switching to Lutera, which I have been on for a month now, my mood swings have been consistent (even though I cried when a dog commercial came on), I have actually lost weight, there is no break through bleeding, and my sex drive is back to normal, AND this is covered a 100% by my insurance. Also, no bad side effects such as acne, stomach pain, or severe discomfort in any form. The only thing is my boobs swell up a little bit, but no complaints there. This is such a great pill! I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to start a new BC or wanting to switch."

Charity Larson January 23, 2016

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am 26 and otherwise perfectly healthy. I quit Seasonale after two months when I discovered my blood pressure had become very high (164/112). I had also been experiencing neck pain, a pressured feeling that seemed to be in my veins, which would alternate from one side of my neck to the other, since the second or third week of taking this pill. I was sent for many tests and found that one of my kidneys was mildly swollen (hydronephrosis). It took six weeks for my blood pressure to normalize, it would go down and then back up again. I was very concerned, anxious and depressed. I took hypertension medication for about two weeks as well, and was eventually able to lower my dosage and then stop it altogether."

Emma Godin January 22, 2016

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Awesome. Super short periods, no acne, no cramping. Been on for years. Highly recommend"

Victoriaaax (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

Altavera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am a healthy 27 year old female and have been on Altavera as a birth control method for the past 2 years. In the first 2 months I had some issues of stomach upset and increased emotional fluctuations, but after 2 months of usage, my hormone levels evened out and I have not had any side effects since. Also, sometimes when I schedule my period around vacation or an important event, it has been very easy to quicken my period (take only 2 weeks of pink before white). However, when I tried to skip my period (skip the white sugar pills and go to a new pack) I did have some spotting in the 5th week on the pink pills. I have not experienced any weight gain, headaches, increased cramps, nor acne in the 2 years I have been on Altavera."

Helen C. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Taking Portia landed me in the hospital. After taking it for 4 months, I began having horrible head aches and sensitivity to light. A few days later I went to the Doctors, after a CT, MRI, and a MRV they found a major blood clot in my brain. Two days later I was admitted into the hospital with blindness in my left eye resulting in having to have a spinal tap to take the fluid off of my brain. For the next year I will be on a blood thinner and a brain swelling medication. DO NOT TAKE PORTIA!!!"

taylorharris99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on birth control pills for about 10 years now, and I REALLY don't like this one. I switched from Lomedia 24 because I wasn't getting periods, which made me a little nervous. I have been on this pill for 4 months now and I consistently get my period on the 9th day of the pack and it lasts between 5-7 days, which is really long for an oral contraceptive. I normally have nice skin and it has gone completely to hell - pimples and cystic acne on the lower half of my face. I also experienced a serious increase in appetite, which I have never experienced on a pill. I gave this pill a fair chance, but I'm getting back on my old pill next month. I gave this a 3/10 because I haven't gotten pregnant."

Britt B. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been taking lutera for a couple of years now. I recently stopped taking it this month (ran out of refills and need to see the doc again) and regret it to the fullest. I am going through really painful cramps at the moment, which I haven't had for years!!!!!! The only problem I have with this particular birth control pill is that you cannot smoke while taking it. This makes me wonder what exactly is in this one that separates from the other birth control pills that you can smoke with? Either way, because of the deadly combination of smoking and taking these pills, I've stopped smoking. I am 24 now, 5'1, 110 LBs"

JasperRILEY January 19, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Started when I was 22, now almost 25. When I first started, I would bleed lightly for about a month. After a while, cramps weren't so bad. I'd have a few lighter ones the week before my period and during and after. Not like the extreme ones I had before where I wanted to die. Definitely worked in preventing pregnancy, even without using condoms unless it's the week of placebo pills. I used to be very small, a size 0 (24inch) pants, I was probably a size 1 or 3 when I started the pill. Now I'm size 10 (30inch) pants, or bigger. I can't fit into any jeans. I've questioned whether I'm pregnant multiple times because of the weight, but I've taken tests that came out negative. 3 months in a row I didn't get my period. Emotional, bad mood swings."

Leewolf (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I began taking this birth control about 7 months ago. Upon taking it during the first month, I experienced severe nausea, headaches and a HEAVY period with the worst cramps I have ever had. Each month alternates with irregular bleeding (getting my period before the placebo pill week) with cramps which might be due to a wrong prescription. I have gained 7 pounds despite doing crossfit 4 times a week, retaining fat around my mid section. Also, I have been moody, anxious, and have had continuous night sweats and headaches. I will be getting off of this pill asap after realizing that this medication is not worth the horrible side effects. I keep giving it another month to see if it will get better but it hasn't."

Anonymous334 January 18, 2016

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Took this a while back, it was ok I just wanted to regulate my cycle when it did I got off for a while. My hormones out of wack again so I started them again, I have mid back length hair and its pretty healthy I washed my hair since taking these and noticed tremendous hair loss. Not good!"

Missy meme January 16, 2016

Trivora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Been on this birth control since I was 17. I'm 23 now. Never had any bad side effects. The reason I began taking it is I used to have unbearable cramps every month that would keep me in bed. If I started my period at school or work, I had to go home because it was so intense. I was recommended to try birth control pills because of it. I also have not gotten pregnant with my long term relationship boyfriend. Works great for me!"

Allyson Y (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 15, 2016