User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 56 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 64 reviews 160 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 103 reviews 162 medications

4.9
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1641 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Before taking sronyx I used to take loestrin 24 fe and I had no problems with that I enjoyed it ..my doctor prescribed me sronyx recently and as soon as I took this bc I gained about 5 lbs the first month even though I exercise for almost 2 hours 4-5 times a week and my appetite has increased ...I have never felt so hungry to the point where i feel like I'm going to snap! My stomach growls also from so much hunger even though I ate 1-2 hours before!! This pill made me so irritable and angry at everyone around me ! I hate this pill , I am switching !"

Lucero_ April 30, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been taking the generic brand of Alesse since I had my baby! She's 11! This birth control works perfect for me! No side effects! "

Mickey81 (taken for 10 years or more) April 29, 2016

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is only my second month on birth control. The first month I was taking orsythia and it made my acne disappear within two weeks and I absolutely loved it. I had no issues and my boobs were starting to grow very slowly. I'm about three weeks into syronx and my acne has worsened.. I feel like scarface. My boyfriend and I have great sex so thats the only good thing about this. I've gained a couple pounds but well.. I am only three weeks in and I have been a little stressed... so HOPEFULLY my skin goes back to normal..If not, I'm switching back to orsythia!"

asdfghjklaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been using Portia since 2011. I absolutely love it! Short and light periods and no cramps!"

NicoleRenee25 April 28, 2016

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This medicine is absolutely terrible. After three months of using it my hair has fallen out so much so that I can see my scalp very visibly and it's very very embarrassing. I stopped taking it and am now considering a copper iud. No more hormones for me."

justwanthelp_julia (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Do not take Jolessa. I have always been 126 lbs, 6 months after taking jolessa my weight is 132 lbs. My period got worse after the 3 months of taking jolessa. it last 12 days and very heavy period. I do not recommend this birth control pills."

Anonymous April 27, 2016

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "First time taking birth control pills. Not even a week I lasted. I read reviews online to see what the side effects consisted of. I was convinced that you know "Everyone reacts differently" so I went ahead and gave it a shot. Within the week of taking these pills my side effects were: -Knee pain on both sides -Acne (another main reason why I wanted to get on it is so my acne would ease down) -Migraines -Depression -Body aches -Allergic reaction (I began to see large itchy red patches around my body) Overall I couldn't bare it any longer and immediately had to see a doctor. I never write horrible reviews on anything but I think it's fair to share my experience for other first timers too."

Grimes315 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this for almost a year and I've never had any issue except mild nausea before my period. My periods use to be very heavy and last two weeks and the PMS would take a serious toll on me. On this my periods are lighter and last 4-5 days. My PMS is significantly lessened. I still get teary eyed pretty easily before my period but now I'm not a raging PMS machine."

Joei (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I DO NOT RECOMMEND. I've tried plenty of other pills in the past (Lessina, Norinyl, Syeda to name a few) and this is my least favorite. I stopped taking birth control for a couple of years but recently decided to get back on so my doctor prescribed me Lutera. Within weeks, it made me more irritable/sensitive (I would cry for no reason) and my sex drive became nonexistent. I had instances where I would be interested in having sex but couldn't enjoy it due to painful cramps. I also felt extremely nauseous, had horrible indigestion, my acne came back, & felt bloated the entire time I was on this pill. Aaand, I had breakthrough bleeding for 3 weeks straight. Thankful I was able to switch back to a generic of Yaz, it's quite an improvement."

smnavq April 24, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have only been taking this birth control for 3 weeks now. I used to take Cryselle, which I was on for 2 years, and never experienced any problems with it besides weight gain, which was around 20 pounds. I have been off of Cryselle for a year now, but about 2 and a half months ago, I got in to a new relationship, so I decided to get back on the pill. I went to planned parenthood where they prescribed me Orsythia, and the doctor mentioned to me that spotting, nausea, & feeling "funny" were the most common side effects. Let me say that my pill was not covered by my health insurance so I had to throw a fit at my insurance company, CVS, and the doctor. Orsythia costs me $27 a month. Anyways, about a week and a half after "rapid starting" the pill on a Friday, I began to notice I was grinding and clenching my teeth. I put put this off, until I started to realize I was so anxiety-ridden that I couldn't sleep, eat, and I felt as of I was almost in a dream-like state. Not to mention, I do have manic-depressive disorder, and it is clearly stated that Orsythia can worsen symptoms in mentally ill patients. Other than the extremely severe anxiety, the pill itself is not so bad. My first period only lasted about two & a half days, I had no cramping at all and I usually cramp before.& during my period, I also had unprotected sex 'exactly' 7 days after beginning the pill, so it's safe to say that it does the job at preventing pregnancy, it's just the side effects that make it so horrible."

Mikala W. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I had a severe reaction to this medication. I will never recommend this to anyone!! Severe acne all over my face, neck, chest, & back. I gained 6 lbs in the first week, and then 3 more the next week. I had a headache that never went away."

MAS13 April 23, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been using Lutera for a bout a month now and I hate it! My acne is so bad On this brand. Although it does protect against pregnancy which is good. I haven't gotten a period yet. Just a little bit of spotting. When I 1st started taking Lutera I got real bad body aches... And I feel very moody... Will be talking to my doctor about switching back to Aubra"

Tay1246 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Aubra was my every first birth control and I loved it ! My 1st week of taking Aubra I experienced some cramping and it made me cry. But after about 2 weeks everything was normal. My periods were normal. It helped with acne. No bad symptoms or anything. I am currently on Lutera and I hate it. I will be talking to my doctor about switching me back to Aubra."

Tay1246 April 23, 2016

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Throwing mine in the trash!! I've been on Aubra for about three weeks. Been spotting/bleeding ever since. I have had the worst headache of my life for two weeks straight not to mention the nausea and vomitting. I'd rather just risk a pregnancy. This is ridiculous. I can't even function with daily life."

WishingMyTubesWereTied (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I must say this birth control was a horrible experience. I had taken Chateal for about 11 months. I experienced horrible mood swings and depression while taking this. I didn't pin point that it was the pill until I finally switched birth controls and my moods swings have been far less than they have been the last 11 months. I know everyone reacts differently to birth control and this one was NOT for me. Please be in tune with your body and how it reacts."

Amariewells (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on Aviane for 4 years now and only recently went off of it for about 6 months to try the DEPO shot. I have had zero issues with it up until going back ON it after the interm. I am very sensitive to hormones, and the DEPO shot was not for me (crying, mood swings, feeling off). I even was switched to Lutera two years ago when the pharmacy was out of Aviane and I immediately noticed the difference with mood swings, sadness, and vaginal sensitivity). For the first month back on Aviane I didnt notice a huge difference, but this second month I am thinking I am sleeping more, gaining some weight, and feeling off. I am also having extreme bouts of nausea. I am going to discontinue and hope that alleviates some of my symptoms."

The Tattooed Lady (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Levlen (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to Levlen after being on Brenda for 3 years, Levlen was such a terrible choice! I got horrible skin and had dryness issues often. my period cramps were unbearable to the point of not being able to walk and my mood swings became uncontrollable. I've just moved back on to Brenda recently and these problems are already starting to go away!"

sacha99 April 20, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Does its job. I've always had random nausea around the time of periods, so I cannot say Chateal is to blame. First few weeks I was especially nauseous but it went away in time. No weight gain, no extra acne, no horrible mood fluctuations. One comment I must make is that it did noticeably diminish my sex drive."

8273828828 April 20, 2016

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took Alesse as a birth control as well as to stop my acne. I used to get bad acne before my period and it recently started because before I didn't used to get acne. I'm 19 btw and just before the beginning of the school year I started getting this and the doctors suggested bc because it could be hormones and my acne wasnt that bad just a few on my forehead and cheeks but after I started taking Alesse it got really bad and I have super bad hyperpigmentation now that I didn't have before. I took it for about 5 months and stopped and now my acne is gone but the hyperpigmentation remains"

VainRose (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I would absolutely recommend seasonique! I have been on this pill for close to 5 years if not longer and I have had no bad experiences other than a little weight gain (about 10lbs) but that is to be expected. I take my pill at the same time every day and have never had any spotting at all. My periods are less than 5 days and sometimes last only 2-3 days and I have little to no cramps!"

Blondie 76 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have always been 110-112 lbs, and then after starting Jolessa, almost immediate weight gain of 7-8 lbs even though I am still just as active and eat very healthy. My sex drive is non-existent now since these awful pills. The only reason I went on them in the first place is to get my period every 3 months. Well it took me at least 7 months for that to happen bc the first few months I still got my period every single month and the spotting lasted for weeks at a time. I also have no patience anymore and can easily snap when this would have been totally out of character for me. I am switching back to my previous birth control this month finally."

Do Not Take (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This birth control is TERRIBLE!!! It increased my mood swings, made me feel as if I was on my cycle for about a week and a half (which only lasts normally 5 days), decreased my sex drive, caused me to discharge a lot, and caused a drastic weight gain (at least 15lbs)...only gave it 2/10 because I didn't get pregnant..."

mariammg April 18, 2016

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on seasonale just over a month now and I can say it really has had little to no side effects for me which has been really great!! I had break through Bleeding the day after I had missed a pill which was my own fault but it stopped as soon as I took one that day. If I noticed any crazy side effects surface I would definitely stop it asap but as of right now it seems to be working very well for me. :)"

Dest93 April 17, 2016

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This bc is horrible. Going into my 3rd month and I havent stopped bleeding yet. So much for the no months."

Mimi979797 April 17, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've tried many birth control pills, but they all caused severe mood swings and depression. I like the fact that this pill seemed at first to have little to no negative effect on my mood. (I've been on it for 3 years). However, in the past year I began having severe anxiety attacks and was diagnosed with anxiety disorder after I began waking up in the mornings feeling faint and sick to my stomach, laying on the bathroom floor. I constantly feel exhausted and although active, have gained 20 pounds in the past year. I also noticed an increase in my acne the past two years. I think this is because of the birth control. I am switching to the copper iud next week and am so excited because it is hormone free! I hope this helps."

Dolly Mama (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016