User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 56 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 66 reviews 160 medications

Premenstrual Syndrome 7 reviews 30 medications

4.9
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1686 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've only been taking aviane for 2 and a half weeks, but so far the only side effect I have had was the first 3 days or so, I had mild to severe headaches the next morning, I take my pills at night. Haven't had an headaches since then, i have noticed an increase in my sex drive, which isn't a bad thing"

Justme573 May 24, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had the WORST experience with this BC. I started to take it after i had my daughter i thought this is great a period every 4 months! NEGATIVE this was horrible. When i did get my period i was in a lot of pain. I had mood swings, depression, gained about 40 pounds, and had constant discharge. i wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2016

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Haven't gotten pregnant so it's working. I have migraines but this pill doesn't give me headaches. Short and lighter periods. Great medicine although my boobs are more sensitive"

Jen1995 May 22, 2016

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for almost 4 years. The first month I remember being very hungry all the time, but that either stopped or I learned to deal with it. I didn't get any other side effects from it. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because every cycle I start spitting about two weeks before I'm supposed to get my period. I just end up taking the period pills two weeks early to get it over with and start the next pack. My periods have gotten much lighter; most days I don't even need a tampon, but I get bad cramps on 1 or 2 of the days, which I never used to get before BC. Over all I would recommend this birth control. Although you MUST take it at exactly the same time every day or you will spot earlier."

Saraaaaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Levora made me have my period constantly. it was useless for me as far as birth control goes because I didn't want to have sex on my period. I thought I had a cervix infection so I went in and they told me to stop taking my bc pills for a bit and after two days of not taking them anymore, my period stopped. I was also constantly breaking out with cyst acne which had never happened before levora."

jazzy720174 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2016

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Portia for about a month now my period is extremely heavy although that's normal for me. I noticed that it makes me very tired which I really dislike because I'm a very active person. I'm constantly nauseous and I mean constantly. I'm into fitness and I gained 6 freaking pounds. I get headaches more than usual as well. I know these are normal side effects but I am really not liking this birth control so far. I used Lavora until they discontinued it and put me on Portia I never had problems with it like Portia."

My ovaries ache May 20, 2016

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on the pill for about 6 months and I've had so severe issues or complaint about this birth control. I am 22 and this was my first birth control taken and prescribed by my gyno. I had no weight gain because I was more conscious of my cravings and I didn't binge upon them. It's always about perception and if you're going to act upon all these desires to eat, clearly you will gain a significant amount of weight. My sex drive remained the same and I'm still very sexually aroused. One obvious side effect that was prevalent would ultimately be my mood swings. I would easily turn super sensitive or get extremely irate if my boyfriend would do something or say something that made me unhappy. Other than that, I highly recommend Aviane."

lsh0103 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This pill isn't horrible but it isn't pleasant. You just have to ride out the initial side effect you feel, (if you do, everyone is different) Mood swings and nausea were my biggest side effects. My mood swings were so awful, my boyfriend and I had constant non stop fighting that nearly brought us to the end of our relationship numerous times. Its something you cant explain. I was so irritable for no reason and somehow always took it out on him. I just started my 5th month pack and everything is so much better. My body has probably adjusted to the pill already."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Where do I start? First pack was great. No spotting until the very end of the second month, then full blown period during the middle of the third month of my first pack (three months of pills per pack, just to clarify). So, I thought I should go ahead and start my second three month pack and treat it like I'm having my period even though it technically was too early. Well, I haven't stopped bleeding for about a month now and the bleeding has gotten worse, passing huge clots and all of the lovely things that go along with that. Called my doctor and she said to stop and start taking a monophasic BC pill and that should stop the bleeding and get my uterus back to normal. Hoping this will work and won't have an eternal period!"

Alzhcare (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started with Ortho Tri Cyclen, and only switched because of breakthrough bleeding. I am currently on Day 40. The first two weeks I noticed nausea, listlessness, and mild depression, but thought nothing of it because I was starting a new dose of hormones. No breakouts, weight gain or bleeding. Week one in the second pack, the nausea was back and accompanied by headaches. I noticed myself starting to get depressed again, and my anxiety was constant all day. I went through a spell and cried for two and a half days in a row. I then knew it was definitely hormone related because nothing was even wrong. This almost cost me my relationship."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I received this from the pharmacy a couple of different times. Each time, I fully expected it to work like 'Alesse', used to work for me. Alesse, in my past, would quell my endometriosis pain, & bloating, so wonderfully. This lutera, each time I used it, puffed, & bloated me up SO much, that I swear it's NOT the same ingredients as Alesse. It felt like a totally different god awful pill. It felt like I perpetually, was in PMS mode; bloated to a highly uncomfortable level! Something is amiss with this pill. Whether it even has levenorgestrel in it, is debatable. It needs to be scrutinized on what level of estrogen is in there, too, since generics do not have to be exact. It had horrible side effects for me. Aviane seems to work much better"

glitterglam (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for about a year 6 years ago. Everything was fine. I started taking it again for about 8 months. When I started it I was very emotional and sensitive to basically anything. Then I've had random spotting (dark brown) for about 2-3 weeks. This has happened twice in the 8 months I've been on. I've decided to stop taking this pill and try something else."

Tori418 May 17, 2016

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was on it for 3 years. Mostly used to help treat PMS, cramps and headache. While those never really went away just delayed 3 months were less severe, until recently. Lately been having horrible cramps about a week before, and some mild spotting. Did not have my hormone headache and cramps were tolerable with one month bc. Recently talked to OBGYN , she thinks this is my bodies way of telling me should have my period once a month, so back to the one month packs."

Bumble bee3 May 17, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "While it does prevent pregnancy, it has many negative side effects. I experienced weight gain (weight that won't go away no matter how much exercise I do), frequent acne break outs, and negative mood. However it does what it's supposed to do and keeps my period very regular. I plan on continuing my use of Chatel just because it's my only option and it was free from Planned Parenthood."

391 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I started Chateal four months ago to stop endometriosis pain. It does the job, all I have is minor bloating and cramping occasionally. However, it has worsened my depression and made me irritable and mean. I get panic attacks too now, which never happened before. It's changed my personality. It makes me incredibly nauseous and my appetite has lessened as well. I also get acne on my chest and back, which is new as well. Other than the lack of period pain, this pill has been a horrible experience."

Kier (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Did its job by not getting me pregnant but I would definitely not recommend taking it. I was in and out of the hospital for 6 months with a weird nauseating stomach ulcer and the doctors never knew what was wrong. Every time they would dismiss me from the E.R. They would give me anti nausea pills and antibiotics to "control the pain and nausea", not get rid of it. Recently I stop taking my levora birth control and I haven't had one stomach ulcer problem."

J2333 May 16, 2016

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I gained 30 pounds within 6 months of starting Jolessa. I gave been working out and eating even healthier, yet, my weight just keeps ^^^^^^^^^!!! As well as constant cramping and spotting. :("

NoJolessa! May 16, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "The only reason I even give this two stars is because I never had an issue with pregnancy on this pill. I started with Aviane (which I had no side effects and generally felt great) and was switched to this by my pharmacy. Since then things have gone down hill. I had very mild anxiety before going on the pill, Aviane did nothing to it but Orsythia has amplified it to the point where I've really struggled with my anxiety and mood swings. A few days before my period the smallest things will set me off into episodes of weeping and panic. I've gained some weight (5 pounds). Experienced nausea every so often (more than Aviane). Worst, is the cystic acne on my chin. While my periods have been lighter and shorter, cramps have gotten worse. Terrible"

Terrible Pill (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2016

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm on my second month with Chateal. Honestly I'm will stop using it for good. I gained 12 pounds in less than two months. I go every single day to the gym. I eat healthy healthy healthy!! My mood changed. I can't see my boyfriend, because I feel like he is disgusting. I can't remember the last time I had sex with him. I have nausea, can't sleep, my knees are weak, my stomach hurts so bad. The good thing about it is that my periods are better. Every woman is different"

07sSammie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have tried probably about 8 different birth control pills trying to find the right one, and Orsythia is it! I used to get yeast infections right before my period like clockwork, not an issue as soon as I began this one. I have been on it for 3 years, and sexually active the entire time without condoms, and have not gotten pregnant. I haven't noticed any breast tenderness or nausea (and I have a SUPER sensitive stomach and am nauseated by many things). The only side effect I have been able to notice is vaginal dryness, but this his happened with every hormonal contraceptive I tried. Clearly this isn't the pill for everyone, but for people who are having trouble finding the right one, give it a chance, it truly changed my life."

hall15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for 7 months and it is good except for the extreme nausea and it causes me to not want to eat sometimes. So I have lost weight except in my boobs which actually stayed at my normal C cup. If you have anxiety and anxiety attacks like I do just know that any hormonal birth control can make them more frequent."

BatGirl101 May 13, 2016

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: "This pill was great for the first 2/4 months. OK side effects included:weight loss, slight mood swings, cystic acne flare ups, normal sex drive. BAD side effects: Breakthrough bleeding that was brown then red then brown again FOR 2 MONTHS. Vag was very dry, would burn and itch, so uncomfortable, i had yeast infections for no reason too! The reason my GYN put me on this was because I had an ovarian cyst found in Oct '15 and each month after that when i'd get my period (which always lasted 3 days) i was in SEVERE PAIN which required vicodin or percocet or oxy to treat. I was off BC for 2 years prior to taking Levora. I can't take the break thru bleeding anymore which is why i'm switching to Minastrin. Hopefully that works better for me too..."

levorawaslikereallygreat May 10, 2016

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I like Camrese. I used to take Seasonique but changed insurance and now Camrese is free. I had some spotting, but it went away promptly. I never had a lot of spotting and I never get my period every month off of birth control anyways, probably due to low vitamins and/or low weight. Camrese made me breakout with a lot of blackheads on my chin and around my mouth. Non-smoker, 26, had been taking Seasonique since 15 so about 11 yrs. Camrese makes me feel hungrier. Mood is pretty average PMS seems a bit more intense. But it's free and it's keeping me from getting pregnant."

Anonymous May 10, 2016

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Started Seasonique about a year and a half ago. Had some spotting for the fist six months and then it tapered off. The first period I had on it was excruciatingly painful. Felt like I was constantly getting stabbed. The first time I felt those cramps I dropped to the floor for a bit. I decided to weather it out and continued taking the pill. Worked great for about a year but then started getting random spotting that lasted for 3 weeks. Have switched to another BCP now. As far as I know, it worked pretty well at preventing pregnancy. I took it around the same time every day. I never really missed any days so I can't relay any experiences about that."

eleetee (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2016

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started the Seasonal Pill because the heavy bleeding caused me to become very anemic to the place I had to get iron infusions. It does make me crave everything, my sex drive is going down a little and I have been bleeding for a while. It went from using a pantie liner to using pads and I'm not even thru my thrid pack of pills. Not sure If I can handle the bleeding like this. And lets's not mention the cramps. I have never in my life had cramps like this like someone is on the inside of me scraping out my inside. I don't think I can hang."

Nochie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016