User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 54 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 57 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1309 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was introduced to seasonale when i saw my friend have a purple case with pink pills in it. I asked her about her birthcontrol compared to the tri-lo brand pills i was taking. The difference was that with hers you could go three months and not get your period. I thought that was awesome, so i switched from my free pills to the $74 seasonale pills. Ive been on them for a while i think almost a year n a half by now..but recentally ive noticed that my breasts are leaking milk or a white substance, this happens for about a week after my period..every three months but this last week i felt it got worse, i actually had to start pumping my breasts as my body thought i was pregnant. I really felt uncomfortable and so now im changing my pills."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 2, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've taken this medication for about two years. Everything about it is wonderful, except the cramps I get right before my period are so intense. I wake up in the middle of the night throwing up from the pain. I've never been through or experienced anything like it and contemplate going to the ER every time it happens. It's like one intense cramp that won't let go for 30 minutes or so and typically leaves me in tears. I've asked my doctor about it and he says it's normal, but after going through this every period, enough is finally enough. I'm going to ask to switched back to a typical 1 month dosage. Otherwise, it's been wonderful only having a period every 3 months with little side effects!"

Sarah2456777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2015

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Before taking Aubra, my doctor had me on Gildess Fe 1/20 and that was probably the worst pill I could have ever taken. At first, gildess cleared my acne but it gave me severe mood swings along with constant headaches. I also had some spotting in between periods and I gained some weight as well. After the 2nd month, my acne got worse and that was the last straw for me to go and switch pills. I've been taking Aubra for about a little over a month and I absolutely love it. The constant headaches are gone, my period lasts about 4 days, no mood swings whatsoever, and my acne is fairly mild. Plus in addition to all that, I haven't gained weight since I've been on it!"

dioptaase August 31, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My pharmacist switched me to Orsythia after my regular birth control, Aviane, was unavailable. In the first 48 hours on Orsythia I having terrible mood swings and anxiety. Then came the bloating, weight gain and acne. I'm now on my placebo week and my hormone levels have dropped so rapidly that I feel like a crazy person. Can't wait to get off this stuff next week! P.S. I would HIGHLY recommend Aviane to anyone looking for a low-dose birth control pill. I was on it for years and never had any problems."

mkch (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

For Birth Control: "I've been on this BC for 4 years. It is much better than nuvaring. The constant infections were a nightmare. I already suffered from anxiety, this made it worse. But my periods used to be so bad I couldn't move. I would just lay on the floor and cry. Now, I only get my period for about 5 days. My sex drive hasn't changed. Occasional acne breakouts but nothing too bad."

Catoral August 30, 2015

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: "I have tried alot of birth control already and I am only eighteen. I have been hospitized for extreme ovarian cysts. I first tried Ortho Cept and from missing one pill I bleed for two months straight. After that they put me on a low dose 3 month pack that gave me horrible break outs and break through bleeding. After those pills I tried evro patch and I was rushed to the hospital for extreme bleeding and my arm became paralyzed for a day. After this I was put onto Seasonale and it took two packs to start working. I then had to add depo shot with it. For people with extreme cases this will not be enough for you. For normal people this will make you gain a little weight but no breakouts and no break through bleeding or weird side effects."

Shanny1997 August 29, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started this in June 2015. My purpose is to help with perimenopause symptoms. 5 weeks were good no bleeding. Now I am bleeding for the next 5 weeks daily...with clots sometimes. Was trying for the hormone to alleviate cycle anxiety attacks. Still get those too like clockwork. Going to try an iud next. "

Kelleah August 29, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Worst experience of my life. I got it when my pharmacy replaced my Lutera with a generic. I felt horrible on it. Crazy emotions and no sex drive. Went to a different pharmacy and got back on my old brand. The first month of getting it out of my system has led to a month long period of brown discharge that only explodes out when you have sex. It's ruining my sex life with my boyfriend. Most horrible bc ever. Just say no."

Anonymous August 29, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is my second month on Lutera and it has sucked. I just had news that I may have a blood clot in my neck because of the med. It has caused me unbearable migraines and a bit of vision problems. My doctor has just told me to stop because I am very likely to get thrombosis because of this birth control"

ElaineN August 28, 2015

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Wait three to six months before jumping to conclusions about this pill. I highly recommend taking it. It cleared up my skin like crazy!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I had the birth control in my arm for 3 months, I took it our cause I was bleeding constantly. My doctor said I should switched to the pill. I took it for about 3months, I always got my period almost on the same day, I usually had it for more than 5days! I was a healthy 19 year old, I ended up having a stroke while pregnant. I was 7 weeks pregnant ,I lost my balance , I can't walk well, doctors have no explanation for it besides taking the pill. I'm in rehab trying to walk, please don't take this!"

yeccenia August 25, 2015

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started Jolessa for my heavy periods and have been on it for about a month now. I haven't experienced any spotting but I have gained 7 lbs (but feel like I appear much larger). I'm depressed, moody, and I have broken out like no other. I am using acne solution products yet there are pimples all over my face, back, and arms ( I had very clear skin to begin with). I honestly would rather have my heavy periods that came every 20 days back than feel the way I do on Jolessa."

LizzySienna222 August 24, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Very slight nausea feeling when I take it, but I learned to avoid it by taking it just before I go to sleep. It makes my breast swollen which looks good, but feels horrible. It's fairly painful. It causes me to sweat more then normal and causes excessive vaginal lubrication to the extreme. Some people my not mind, but when it's so noticeable you feel like you peed yourself and you no longer have friction during intercourse to the point of embarrassment (a problem I've never had). I never got pregnant so that's a plus."

FL Girl Ashley 1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "The first month of taking chateal was fine. After a month went by I started getting acne which I never had, my mood swings were very uncontrollable, I became very very depressed, and very emotional. The side effects aren't the best"

Kay22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Been taking this BC for a little over six months now. It's a huge upgrade from my previous BC (Aubra). Periods are always on time and short, usually about 3 or 4 days. Only downfall I find with this prescription is the mood swings. My sex drive stayed pretty stable and haven't noticed any changes in weight (although I do believe my appetite has increased). Overall, I recommend it."

Shelbssssss August 21, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for six months. Pros- sex drive is out of control, light period, period every three months which is wonderful, short period (I'm taking 3-4 days light bleed), no cramps, no bloating Cons- took my pills before bed and the night sweats are a bummer, breakthrough bleeding here and there until month four (took awhile to adjust)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm going into my third pack of generic brand. I LOVE IT. Of course worth any medication there's always side effects and allowing your body to get used to it. My first pack I bled for a little over a month but of course that was already spoken about at the doctors. I'm about to go into my third pack in about a week and a half and I've a some light spotting, but nothing to be alarmed about. A little upsetting because I don't want my period at all unless it's when I'm supposed to get it but this is normal. I highly recommend this method of birth control, my friend encouraged me to do this instead of continuing with the IUD I had inserted for 4 years, I give it a 10!"

Gmoney86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2015

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have taken this BC for close to 10 months. I have gained so much weight and I have the worse moods. I already have issues with anxiety and depression and this has made is worse. My acne still comes and goes. I am determined to stop this medication. In the other hand my periods have been fabulous. Before I would throw up and have horrible cramps."

silveralej August 18, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this for 2 weeks now and the only side effects I've experienced is very mild nausea, very light spotting and mild cramps. This birth control is definitely appealing to me because I hate having my period."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I used to have really bad cramping and a really heavy flow before I started this birth control. I've been taking it for a year now and my period is only four days compared to the week and a half it used to be. I did gain a bit of weight, but it was all in the boobs area. Love this birth control!"

Amanda Panda August 17, 2015

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "second bc pill i've tried, first one had headaches and double vision since i've started Alesse i have had a swollen ankle and leg pain, so today was my last dose and off to my doctor again used to be on bc pills for years with no problems"

notforme August 15, 2015

Seasonale (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medicine for about a month and had little to no side effects. Just an occasional headache or stomach ache but nothing advil can't help. I have no breakthrough bleeding (knock on wood). What little acne I had before has cleared up and I have also noticed a change in the size of my boobs but no weight gain or weight loss. I can easily say I'm satisfied so far with this pill."

pdo1738 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Lutera for about 4 years. The positive effect was that it was very effective and no period. The side effects were horrible and didn't even think it was from the pill. I would have the most worst mood swings and get so mad that I would just blow up. Moody all the time. It made me very sensitive. I didn't want to do anything didn't want to socialize often. Made me so tired no energy. It made me bloated I went up a cup size not to mention I gained 40 lbs yes 40 lbs. Overtime it raised my blood pressure to 155 over 110 with shortness of breath, pain in center of my chest brought me in the hospital. This pill now gave me anxiety and had to get on a depressant. I am now on a mini pill which has no estrogen in it! What a difference!"

unanimous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for birth control, less cramps and a lighter period. Overall, the pill got the job done. I had very light periods and they lasted only 5 days. However, only one month into taking the pill, I got my very first yeast infection. Since then, I have had many infections/vaginal irritations. Sometimes lasting a whole month!!! This has ruined my sex drive and made me very uncomfortable. I finally realized that maybe the pill is causing this irritation and I have been off of it for a week. Feeling better....Also, breasts grew a full size but were always very tender. Never had bad breakouts, but did gain a little weight - 5 lbs."

SKIR (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started this pill June 2014 and have had an amazing experience. No pregnancies, no weight gain, and no acne (though I wasn't prone to it before). I do get emotional, and tired but nothing a nap and breathing can't fix, what works for some may not work for others, I definitely would recommend, me and a few friends have had very positive experiences!"

No Babies! August 14, 2015