User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 53 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 55 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1183 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Horrible birth control. I was given this because my physician didn't specify "DAW" so they gave me a generic brand because they didn't have my original prescription in stock. I've had my period for 3 out of 4 weeks I've been on it. I'm supposed to be on birth control to regulate my period and to not get pregnant, its working to prevent pregnancy but not how its supposed to."

Nikkii421 May 26, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts: "I am only on day 7, so far this pill has helped my ovarian cyst pain. I still have some pain but not as bad as before. Has also cleared up my acne so far. I had one migraine and one time had some nausea. But other than that I can also tell this pill has helped my mood. So far so good, will continue to take this pill."

TiiffBrev (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I've been on other BCs before so I knew it would take a few weeks to adjust. Migraines: week 1 I had two migraines with auras. I have had migraines in the past, but never with auras and never this bad. I kept getting migraines and headaches until I cut out all caffeine. Acne: I know every girl reacts differently to BC but honestly if anything my acne got worse. I didn't really have a problem before this pill, but now I notice a few pimples every day. Pain: since I'm not on my period on this pill the pain is "lessened" but not gone. Instead, it's almost constant. Bleeding: I have been "spotting" every day for over 2 months. Lately I'm getting rashes and a bad smell because of wearing liners every day. For these reasons I'm stopping."

EndoGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My first time ever trying birth control. I accidentally started it when I was spotting and and week later my period came. Now I'm on my 18th day and I've never been on my period this long before. I have in the past but only because I've had a stressful month. I'm shedding a lot more and have cramps and back ache from time to time. I'm thinking of staying it on it for one more month since maybe my body is getting used to it so we'll see. I'm going to let my doctor know and keep her updated"

Jme2269 May 24, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This worked as birth control but it made me break out with the worst acne I've ever had all over my face."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "At first the Camrese was great. It successfully treated my cramping, mood swings, and acne. The first two cycles I did experience some spotting, but it decreased and eventually ended. For about another 6-9 months I experienced nearly no problems with the Camrese. A little over a year from starting the Camrese I began to get significant spotting (and I would take the pill at the EXACT same time everyday. I also began to develop an insatiable appetite that would last a week before my period and a week after I started the new pack. What prompted me to look for other forms of BC was that my mood swings would occur a week before, during, and after my period to the point where I was overwhelmed with unexplained anger/frustration."

Sstcmnj (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 22, 2015

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been using Ortho Levora for 3 years. I mainly use it for acne and so far I like the result. My problem is I feel bloated (water retention) other than that my face is smooth compared to my cystic infested face before! Well, I tried Doxycycline a medication specifically for acne but I stopped it immediately due to some horrible experience. I went back to Levora. I think I will be using this for many more years."

Luluwisen May 22, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This was the first hormonal birth control method I tried. I was nervous as I had read about all the horrible side effects of birth control pills. Well, I did experience some of them on this pill (mostly mood swings, nausea) but only for a few days. After that, it was a nearly perfect experience. The biggest benefit was that it regulated my period and made my cramps go away!! Amazing. Unfortunately I've started to get migraines with aura and therefore had to come off Lutera. Now I'm on the mini-pill and considering the implant. Ugh."

Tanzypants (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I used this b.c pill for month and suffered from a lot of side effect. Being extremely emotional and cry for no reason. Heavy bloated and abdominal pain that I couldn't realized if that is a symptom of endo or what? Headaches, difficulty sleeping at night, shortness of breath I stopped after a month and most of symptoms are gone never going back on this pill again. Now I'm using visanne just for 3 month as per my GP to see if endo is shrinking. Much better choice so far."

rubyn nor May 18, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been on Seasonique since grade 10 of high school because my periods were very irregular. For the first year and a half it worked perfectly with no side effects whatsoever. But now every third month of the pack, I spot heavily the whole time. I have brought more liners and pads then I ever would have had to. I absolutely love having my period only 4 times a year but now its like I'm having a month long period every 3 months. I am considering switching to something else because I don't know if I can keep living with it. If anyone has an explanation for why this is happening please share it with me."

Confused and Annoyed (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm 27 yrs old, 5'6", & 125lbs. I'm a mother of a 5yr old & a 3yr old. My first time on any kind of birth control was after the birth of my 3yr old & was the implant Implanon. I had a horrible experience overall with the side effects, (extremely hormonal, excessive bleeding, horrible removal, & much more). After lots of research to avoid another disaster experience, I chose Lutera. Within a week & little by little, I started noticing a difference in everything. Pros: For the first time since I was a teenager, my periods were on time & even better, only lasted 3-4 days. My skin is clearer, my breasts are fuller, & no more mood swings. I feel like a normal woman. Cons: My breasts are a little sore, possibly bc I'm a DD with now fuller breasts"

JayKayMommy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Hey! I even on Sronyx for about 9 months now and it's been an overall good experience. My acne level has stayed the same. My periods used to be heavy all the way through for 7-8 days and now it's only 5-6 along with it becoming much lighter. The only downfall is I gained 10 pounds which is very abnormal for me since I am very active. so far I havn't gotten pregnant but I didn't use a condom yesterday for the first time since I started using it so we'll see how that goes! Overall a good product!"

Teenager on the pill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "My experience with this pill was good at first but the after the second month it made me really moody and depressed. I also noticed my sexual desire decrease. I'm definitely switching soon"

Anonymous May 16, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Had two periods a month. Now I'm on my 4th packet and have had moderate bleeding for about 16days. The past two weeks I have broken out in small hard red pimples all over my cheeks and forehead and they have now spread to my neck. I am stopping them and hoping the bleeding stops. My Doc keeps telling me it should settle down soon so I may need a new Doc as well. "

Mistification (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Ovarian Cysts: "I thought this pill was awful. .So bad I could only take it for 5 days before I quit. It gave me awful cramps, and then after I quit I have been dealing with constant urges to go the bathroom (urinate) for two weeks now. I never had that before taking the pill. Its just awful...I don't recommend!"

annieb1993 May 14, 2015

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on Portia (the generic version) for about 6 months now. At the beginning everything was fine because this was a step up from my normal estrogen levels that my old birth control had. But after 6 months I've seen great increase in weight gain and I'm eating more healthy than I ever was and I exercise daily. I'm so frustrated with this birth control and almost stopped taking it all together, but I'm happy to say I'm changing back to my old one and hope this weight gain goes down. I'll never recommend Portia to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this medication for a month. No breakthrough bleeding and my menstrual cycle has been a great, but the negative side effects have been miserable. I experienced severe mood swings, depression (and I am usually a happy person), bloating, weight gain, increased appetite, breast tenderness, discomfort and pain in my abdomen and extreme fatigue. I have been miserable since starting this medication and will discontinue it and try something else."

Ella Mae Ray (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "So I know this is going to sound weird but , I am 28 and was put on this pill for a IVF and what IVF mean is I cant have a baby on my own so I have to go to a DR to help me , so anyways they put you on this pill for 15 days before starting other meds. This is day 4 of this pill and I feel like I could sleep 24/7 and I am depressed more then I would want to be, but seeing how I am going to be on this for a short time should I be worried ?"

Browneyesweetie May 13, 2015

Amethia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am new to birth control. I first took it when I was 19 and turn 20 shortly after. My first three months were hell. My nausea was terrible that I could not eat anything, engage in sexual activities without the urge of vomiting and be dizzy. My period was very off. My body was almost on a whole month of just my menstrual cycle. It was nasty. HOWEVER, I decided to stay on it because those side effects are normal. On my second pack (4-6 months) my ACNE CLEARED UP!!! Since I had gone through puberty at 11,and had acne since then and now my skin is like a baby again. My period is officially 2 weeks long (I begin spotting and gradually have a heavier flow). I have gained about 17 pounds but I think that's because I stopped exercising rigorously since graduating high school."

Chico Lover May 12, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Most of these reviews are terrifying so I wanted to share my experience... 1) One of the biggest differences with tricyclic BC (3 months) from the once a month kind is the likelihood of spotting is much greater. On the first pack I spotted months 2-3. (yep..2 months pretty much). That being said it was so light I could've probably used the same panty liner all day & been fine. Also, my BF isn't a child & wasn't bothered by it. I found it mostly annoying. The second pack I'm still spotting but only for 1 month, also very light. I suspect it will not happen on the next pack. Minor nausea was my only other side effect. No libido change, no weight gain, mood change, etc. Not perfect, but I love it. It's going to be different for each person."

Nikkii09 May 9, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Never had any side effects from this medication apart from some occasional spotting. I had to switch due to no one carrying it where I moved too. I was overall very happy with this product."

Twiggles (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is by far the best pill. I was taken off it before but just recently got back onto it. My periods on this pill were non-existent. Also no cramps. Having 4 periods a year is fine by me. I recommend this one to anyone. It is the best!!"

JuJu Grate (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Switched from deposit shot to seasonique after my sophomore year of college. My doctor said I would have one week of bleeding at the end of each pack. But for some reason I end up spotting heavily the WHOLE third month, with a heavier period during the "bleed week". I am very consistent with the time I take it and I don't miss a day. But yet I'm still stuck with a month long period. Not sure if I should switch bc methods because of this. The only reason I was sold on seasonique was because I was expecting one NORMAL period once ever 3 months."

notsurewhatsgoingon (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

LoSeasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have had the absolutely worst time with this birth control. At first, I was on the original Seasonique - I had to switch to the Lo Seasonique because with the original, I had the worst cramping, moodiness, bleeding, ever. I thought the lower strength would be the perfect pill for me. Boy, was I ever wrong. I haven't had a regular period yet, and I have been taking this medication for over a year. I bleed an average of 21 days - I am period-free one week, and then have a full-brown cycle for five days. The 3-month period-free thing sounded so good - especially because I usually miss work or class because of horrible periods, but this was very counterproductive. I'm going to try the implant or go back to the regular pill."

Ladysisqo01 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2015

Camrese (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Been on it for 4 weeks, started of with the meanest night sweats like somebody threw a bucket of water on me, my appetite is more controlled meaning I get full fast, and when I first started I had the worst fatigue ever but everything is fine now just dull cramps every here and there."

breebabyy (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015