Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, Enpresse, ...show all 51 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 53 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1070 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by Lindz325 (taken for 10 years or more):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I took this pill from 18-25 when I had my first baby. After, I was prescribed a different pill that was just ok. After the birth of my 2nd son I tried Mirena and it wasn't in place correctly so I didn't want to try again. Then, I went to Nuvaring, it was awful! Heavy bleeding on a crazy schedule and hormonal migraines that hadn't existed with other birth control. I am so happy to be back on Avaine as I have no notable side effects.

January 17, 2015 7:20 PM

Review by sabiana (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love this birth control, because I hate having my period. I have been on this pill for three years already and they are the best.

January 16, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Portia for a few months now. I've always had a super heavy 7 day period and terrible cramps. The cramps have reduced a lot but my period last month was 14 DAYS LONG. However it was substantially lighter. It was also very very rare for me to get sick before starting this pill and since I've been on it I have vomited out of no where 3 times. My mood swings have also been pretty bad since starting Portia causing me and my boyfriend of over a year to fight a lot more often. I'm thinking of changing this pill.

January 13, 2015 9:15 AM

Review by Maggiedoodle:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Got on Orsythia because of PMDD. Used to be suicidal right before my period. After taking the pill I'm MUCH more balanced. Only criticism is it makes my breasts extra sore during PMS. And the first couple months I had spotting. But, overall it's great. And it's definitely done its job to prevent pregnancy!

January 12, 2015 7:58 PM

Review by blythechick86 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: This medication has been great for my endometriosis and ovarian cysts. The only downside is that I now I have to go off of it because I have developed hepatic adenomas (uncommon benign liver tumors) that are caused by the long term use of estrogen (I've been on it for more than 5 years).

January 12, 2015 8:54 AM

Review by DeeMo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Chateal for 3 months now and I did not gain weight, nor did I get crazy mood swings. The only thing that happened was my period came at the same time every month and I didn't get pregnant. It works great!

January 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Review by Alyssa382972:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill had no side effects didnt make me break out or get bigger breasts but it did make my cramps 5 times more painful than they normally are. I got 2 periods a month even after being on it for 6 months. I'm giving it a somewhat good review because it did not get me pregnant.

January 7, 2015 11:50 PM

Review by J. Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm 19 and I started taking Lutera 4 months ago. It's been working pretty well for me, but I had a horrible period, mood swings and nausea in the first month I took it. After that, my periods were light and the only side effect that stuck around was some breast tenderness and mild cramping on the first day of my period. Also, it caused my breasts to grow larger, even though I weigh the same as when I started it. It's a great birth control pill once you get past the first few weeks.

January 7, 2015 4:22 AM

Review by June O (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Its great. I've been on Microgestin Fe 1/20 before and I was a train wreck. But now my periods are controlled. They last only 5 days compared to the 1.5 weeks when I wasn't taking anything. I haven't gained weight like I did with the other one and I am not so emotional. I feel normal except my sex drive really lowered and I get horrible cramps and bloats on my period. Which I never got before but I don't mind because I dont bleed as much.

January 4, 2015 6:40 PM

Review by samanthaaaaaaaa (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I started this birth control because my body had a negative reaction to the Depo Provera shot. I enjoy getting my period every three months, and it's always pretty light. The only bad side effect I have experienced is skin sensitivity. I more easily get acne and whenever I scratch myself the marks show. The most prominent example of skin sensitivity comes from my bra. It just hurts so bad at the end of the day that I have to take it off. Otherwise this has been a great birth control, considering this is fourth one I've tried.

December 26, 2014 10:28 PM

Review by Jess Hess (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm 16 and been on Levora for about 2 months. At first I had a slight weight gain and extreme breast tenderness. But now on my second month my breasts have gone up a cup size, but tenderness is still there. The tenderness is bearable. My skin has improved greatly! My skin looks soft and clear. There's also been a decline of facial hair for me. I haven't had my period in almost 2 months with no spotting. I do have slight cramps near the time of my period but it only lasts for a second or two then disappears. Overall it works for me.

December 26, 2014 3:43 PM

Review by M_D_C_:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been taking Orsythia for almost two weeks and my emotions are all over the place. I get very upset at my boyfriend for no reason and I tend to cry a lot. I have also had a little more acne than usual.

December 25, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by JSIM (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Decreased sex drive, acne, and very depressed. Too low for me I think

December 24, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by JSIM (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Lessina (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I give it an 8 because I loved this pill for 8 years. Just recently I started having problems with it. Now my sex drive decreased, chronic sinus infections....which I now link to this pill because over the last 7 months I have tried others and my sinuses have been great...now back on lessina and yet another sinus infection and clogged up nasal passages, rash on chest and bad melasma now. I think my body has changed over the years and it doesn't tolerate this one anymore. I did love it for years though.

December 24, 2014 12:37 PM

Review by k-s-hh129 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I really liked this birth control and wanted to continue using it, but after 3 months, it started causing big zits on my chin around the time of my period so I stopped. Other than that, no other bad side effects that I noticed.

December 23, 2014 2:45 AM

Review by KB5:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Took Aviane for about 1.5 years. Periods were extremely irregular. More often than not I would have them 2-3 weeks of the month...and rarely on the placebo week. However, I did not gain weight, my acne was controlled, and I didn't get pregnant. The periods were just extremely annoying to deal with.

December 23, 2014 12:42 AM

Review by Jamie f:

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was on this pill for two months. The first couple days I couldn't stop crying...I am NOT the crying type of person, and I had constant mood swings. The following two months I gained a significant amount of weight (10 pounds) even with running and dieting. My breasts were beyond sore and I couldn't handle my husband even lightly touching them. I felt bloated the entire time and my periods were back in full force! With my previous birth control (Natazia - my insurance stopped covering), I had no period and no ovarian cysts bursting. My gynocologist recommended I get off of this pill immediately. Hopefully I will have better luck with the next!

December 22, 2014 9:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on the pills for 2 months and I have been so emotional as in depressed. I've had a little bit of acne but it's not that bad. No weight gain, in fact, I've lost 5 pounds. Very very nauseous but can't throw up. Headaches here and there. I'm not sure if I'll switch just yet.. I'll probably try it out a little longer

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by Morgan94 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love this birth control! I've been using Lutera for a month now. First time ever being on anything and at first I was very nauseous the first week taking it. I believe that was just my body getting used to it. I did spot after receiving my period. I've lost a total of 6 pounds in the first month and my breast have gotten slightly plumper. Haven't experienced any mood swings. I guess everything works differently for everyone.

December 16, 2014 2:47 PM

Review by Tyquisha (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love it. My first 2-3 months were pretty terrible and I felt pretty sick, but I haven't had any problems since. My periods are always same day and same time as well. My face is pretty clear of acne and my breasts are definitely bigger, which is good (!) but it also keeps babies away, so it's a pro!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 10:35 AM

Review by Liz Adkins:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Lutera for a few years now. I could not be happier with the results! I noticed after the first few packs my period was diminishing. After about 4 months I had no period at all: no spotting, no bleeding, no pms, no cramps, no mood swings. I took several pregnancy tests over the next few months because I was scared that I didn't get a period. But I was never pregnant! So after all this time I'm still having no period and no PMS symptoms. I have to explain everytime I go to the doctor why I can't put an answer on the question " when was the last date of your menstrual cycle?"

December 12, 2014 12:46 PM

Review by Juliesies:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have had no problems on Orsythia, and have been very happy with it. My periods are much lighter and of shorter duration. I did not experience weight gain, decreased sex drive, and my skin/monthly breakouts did not increase. I have seen a small enhancement in breast size/mass, which was not a dramatic increase, but I was pleased about that. I rate it a 9/10 because this is the only pill I have tried, so I can't fully rate it a 10 without any form of comparison. I also had wished that I would completely prevent my monthly hormone-drop associated breakouts, but those were just high hopes. Overall for me, an effective pill in preventing pregnancy without any adverse side effects to speak of.

December 3, 2014 6:51 AM

Review by Jrod77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: On the plus side, this pill did the job. I certainly did not get pregnant over the 9 months I was on it. That's it. On the bad side, this pill gave me the worst acne I have ever had. It was long until I realized that it was this pill causing my acne. Stopped taking it, and acne went away. Scars are still fading.

December 2, 2014 11:38 PM

Review by Sovia (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was put on Alesse 28, it's the first birth control I've been on and my overall experience has been good. When I first went on it I could barely keep my hands of my boyfriend but I blame it mostly on having a slight hormone imbalance. I also experienced an increase in breast size but I was told that it was a possible side effect. Then I missed a pill and even though I followed procedure it triggered my period. Then after that I kept spotting and was getting really frustrated. It would stop for a couple days then start up again for a couple days, then it magically stopped and I didn't have any problems after that. I found out later that you can have spotting within the first three months. Other then that I have less acne and lighter periods.

December 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by LL_1234:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is the second type of birth control (both the pill) that I have been on. I was only on the other kind for a month, because it made me crazy and I had awful mood swings. I took a year off from any birth control pill, patch, etc. because I was scared to have a similar situation. This pill has been an overall good experience. I do not have any irregular mood swings on this pill. I have been on it for about 3 months now, and my acne is still worse than before I got on it, not that it's a big deal. Also, I have had a lot of abnormal spotting on this pill. It seems like, at first, every 2 weeks or so I started my period. It's pretty light, but I get bad cramps that last for 2-4 days.

November 30, 2014 11:22 PM