Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 53 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 53 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1112 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Review by Anonymous1281:

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Within a week, I got 3 cystic pimples !

April 11, 2015 10:07 PM

Review by Seattlegirl101:

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got this birth control in February (now it's April) and I have noticed this pill has had a few side effects. One being I'm always tired and get tired out really easily which is annoying because I'm always sleeping when I want to be with friends, another is nausea I will feel sick occasionally and have headaches, and the last is being SUPER emotional, I will cry for no reason and I believe it has made me a little depressed. I'm hoping this will all blow over if not I'm getting a new pill.

April 5, 2015 11:40 AM

Review by maicha3 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on Sronyx since giving birth for 6 months now. I noticed a crazy weight gain, my appetite has doubled and my mood change constantly. The good part is I have my period like a clock every month, lighter and for about 4-5 days.

April 3, 2015 6:28 PM

Review by thewatson27 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been taking Levora for about two years. Overall, it's great. Before Levora, I would break out each month before I started. My periods were very heavy and uncomfortable. Sometimes, my cramps would be so bad I would want to call into work. Now, my skin is clear. My periods are incredibly light and rarely painful. I am no longer a crazy person for two weeks out of every month. This is a winner.

April 1, 2015 7:21 PM

Review by Drea565 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have been on this pill for about 6 months. Sure, I'm not pregnant but I have noticed a drastic change in my personality and body. I have had mood swings in the past but nothing like when I started Chateal. I find myself crying for no reason at all a lot of the time. I get severe cramps when I start my period and about a week and a half prior to starting my period. I don't know if it's the pills that are causing this, but my periods on average last 10+ days and the bleeding is always very heavy and my bad cramps last at least 5 days. No acne though.

March 31, 2015 4:40 PM

Review by Jessdes (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This has worked amazingly for my hormonal acne (cystic acne on the sides of my chin). Ive been taking it for about a year now and I get the odd zit here and again but for the most part its cleared up. Most effective treatment I have ever used for acne. I dont bother taking the sugar pills or skip a week, I just go right to the next pack as recommended by my doctor.

March 23, 2015 2:24 PM

Review by Parker17:

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have had the most irregular periods for years as well as horrible acne. When I would get my period I had really bad cramps and it was heavy. Since starting Sronyx 3 weeks ago I have been so happy and my sex drive is way higher. My acne has gotten much better and my boyfriend has said sex feels better (I agree) I should be getting my first period since starting the pill this week!

March 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Review by Alesse 28 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Alesse (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: I've been on Alesse for five months now and I had every side effect. Crazy acne (I've never had until I started taking Alesse), mood swings, weight gain (I was 120lb before starting Alesse and not five months later 145lb - I am a petit woman and I don't eat very much, my food intake and Excerise has not changed thus, the weight gain is depressing), chest pain, swelling breast and no sex drive. The pro about Alesse is that it regulates. I had regular periods for five months. The only reason I was put in birth control was to maintain my polycystic ovarian syndrome. I'm 23 and was diagnosed with PCOS last year. I am now switching to a new birth control (Tri Cyclen Lo) and hopefully this one is better. Finger crossed!

March 20, 2015 8:25 AM

Review by Mani mani (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was taking Sprintec before Aviane and i must say I'm glad I made the switch. Sprintec made me nauseous whenever I took it and I couldn't take it without eating. With Aviane, I don't feel any sickness at all and I don't need to take it with food which makes it more convenient.

March 19, 2015 10:27 AM

Review by Happy User (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got on Jolessa because I get horrible migraines when I get my period, so having it just 4 times a year is much better than 12/13 (I got it every 22 days). I gained a little weight but other than that, I love it. I've never had any issues with other side effects and I've been on it for a year and a half.

March 18, 2015 1:24 PM

Review by ishqekhuda (taken for less than 1 month):

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I began breaking out like crazy within a week of starting this.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2015 5:39 PM

Review by Ashleyyyyy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm just about to finish my first month of Orsythia and I love it! Everyone will have a different experience but mine is great! I have no bad side effects. I don't know if it's the birth control but ever since I've started taking it, my acne has been under control, I've lost weight, and my breasts seem a little bigger! I don't have any cramps or feel any more tired than usual. Definitely happy with this birth control!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2015 2:34 PM

Review by Sidney J:

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on Aviane for a little over a year now and I love it! No negative side effects and my breast size has increased. Great sex drive, no mood swings, normal periods and no babies yet! I'd highly recommend this pill!

March 8, 2015 5:11 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Jolessa (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am on my 3rd month close to the sugar pills and I have been spotting for the past week and a 1/2. I've gained 10lbs, experience pimples here and there, mood swings, and a decrease in sex drive! I'm not sure if I like the pill yet or not b/c my body hasn't had time to completely adjust. I hate the spotting and cramps but my breast did grow and the 1st few months on it was great. I think I'll try another pack to see if my body adjusts.

March 5, 2015 12:52 AM

Review by KeilaK:

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This is my first time being on ANY birth control ever..I have no nausea or any sickness.. slight headache the first couple of days taking it.. I think my mood is changing only because I am tired of spotting every day! It's annoying, my doctor said that it is normal and to give it at least two months to regulate. I hope she's right...

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 4, 2015 3:25 PM

Review by Rosie H:

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This made my skin look beautiful! Within 2 weeks, I had a noticeable improvement in my skin. Only issue was the severe mood swings it would give me (which is why I'm not on it). I would cry for no reason and would lash out at others). I noticed how upset I would get and did not like feeling that way.

March 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Review by Swimmergirl168:

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This pill was the first kind of birth control my doctor recommended me with. I was very nervous at first because she said it would help with my size and because I have had chronic episodes of anemia. I also had the fears of every girl: gaining weight, acne, mood swings, and the contraceptive failing. I've been on Chateal for a year now and none of those things have occurred! I'm very happy with this pill and will renew my prescription.

March 2, 2015 12:43 AM

Review by Taylorjade:

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Just switched from the Nuva-ring because it was giving me horrible hormone headaches. Been slightly nauseous switching back to an oral pill. Only thing to note is super intense nipple sensitivity. Ow! Hope it subsides soon.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 6:52 PM

Review by ThatOneGirlOverThere (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Great experience so far while on this pill. First thing I noticed was my cramps had dulled down A LOT. When my period started, it was the lightest one I have EVER had! Completely manageable and lasted like 5 days (when my other ones while not on the pill were 6-7 days.) Hasn't lowered my sex drive (in fact it might have upped it now that I think about it), no acne problems, etc. And the great part is I get it for free!

February 24, 2015 8:46 PM

Review by WhoIsDommie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Within the past year I've swapped birth control 3 times. All in all, I must say the 2 years that I used Sronyx, I had 0 complaints! If I did gain weight, it was minimal, my periods came like clockwork.. to the point I could almost gauge the hour it would start. I changed from it being ambitious in the hopes of not having to deal with something everyday. Worst mistake ever.

February 24, 2015 10:47 AM

Review by Kourtney1234:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was previously on Tri- Previfem, and had horrible acne, cramps, and mood swings on it. Switched to Orsythia and I am currently on the third week. My acne is totally gone, I've gotten one pimple this month (I would get 7-10 while on Tri-Previfem. No more mood swings and I am totally satisfied with it.

February 23, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by Michiii:

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I just recently switched from Minastrin Fe to Orysthia so far the only problem I have had with it is much more acne, the good side to it is that I only get my period for about three days and so far I haven't had any spotting. I'm going to stick it out for a couple of months to see if the whole acne issue goes away.

February 18, 2015 9:31 PM

Review by H321 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have taken a few different birth controls and had a lot of problems with them (Apri-painful sharp pains during intercourse,cramps). I love Aviane. I do not have cramps ever, period lasts 3-4 days (not heavy), always comes the same day, pain has stopped, no weight gain, no cravings, no mood swings, nothing. I've taken it for over a year. My sex drive has decreased a little but I don't know if it's because of this pill as I don't really recall when my sex drive lessened.

February 11, 2015 9:40 PM

Review by 118901 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've been on this for 3 months (before that, I was on Orsythia for 6 months, but my ob-gyn switched me over for some reason). Since starting Sronyx, I've noticed my acne has gotten worse, but I've had an increased sex drive, lost weight, and my periods are very light and short! I would recommend it.

February 8, 2015 9:42 PM

Review by LaurynS:

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am currently working into my second month on this birth control, and it is my first time on birth control. The first couple of weeks were a struggle for me, I got terrible migraines and nausea every time I took the pill (I even stopped for a week and the side effects subsided, so it was the pill)! However, the side effects are only present the first week or so. I've never been prone to acne, but lately I've been having bumps and things pop up on my face - nothing too major though in my opinion. I also, have cramps - every day, but I think it's just because it's adjusting to not having a period during the month. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, my sex drive has increased now and I even have more energy during the day. I'm acually pleased despite the side effects.

February 7, 2015 6:09 PM