User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel

Also known as: Alesse, Alesse-21, Alesse-28, Altavera, Amethia, Amethia Lo, Amethyst, Ashlyna, Aubra, Aviane, Camrese, CamreseLo, Chateal, Daysee, Delyla, ...show all 54 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel.

Endometriosis 57 reviews 161 medications

Emergency Contraception 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel reviews 1263 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/levonorgestrel

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on lutera but I changed doctors and he only had aubra so I started taking that and horrible I bleed non stop and it gave me horrible cramps. Anytime my Boyfriend and I had intercourse it caused me to bleed even more like I had my period again. Worst birth control ever didn't agree with me so I went back to my doctor and told him to give me a prescription for lutera and I just got my lutera and started taking it. Already I feel better"

Wenia July 31, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "The only good thing I can say about this pill is that I haven't gotten pregnant on it. My acne has gotten three times worse. Off the pill, I usually got one or two cysts around the time of my period, which was annoying but manageable. Ever since taking Sronyx, I get one or two new cysts almost daily. My mood swings are insane. My period comes at the same time every month, which I would thank Sronyx for if it didn't make me start bleeding two weeks before my period every month (so I essentially have been bleeding for two and a half weeks every month on this pill). I've heard that breakthrough bleeding can be common within the first three cycles of starting a new pill...if it continues after this cycle (my fourth) I'll definitely switch BC."

Christy38374 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I'm about 50/50 on this BC. I started it about 4 months ago, of course from a recommendation by my doctor. Unlike most people, I haven't had breakouts (in fact, my skins been quite clear) amd I havent gained weight. It's helped with all mood swings I had prior to taking the pill and it hasn't altered my sex drive. The only problem I have with it is that my periods are about two to three times longer as they were. I used to have 5 day long periods; they were heavy and irregular with patterns. Sometimes I'd have them every two months, sometimes every two weeks. Now they're once every month, but last 10 to 15 days... its very, very light, but its still annoying. But then again it's different for everyone."

CaoimheLouise July 30, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This birth control is by far the worst of any other I've taken. I have experienced severe mood swings and temperament, depression, bloating, AWFUL chest, back, and facial acne, and constant food cravings. I would never wish this drug on anybody. "

Rachel A July 28, 2015

For Birth Control: "I have tried many birth control pills (this is my 5th) and this is the only one that hasn't made me feel like I'm crazy. I eat normally (haven't lost my appetite and am not nauseous), haven't gained weight (I do work out regularly though), and my skin has gotten slightly better. I have been on it for about 8 months and I think my skin might have gotten a little worse at first but at this point it is better than before I started the pill (though not perfect). Psychologically I feel normal and happy, though I am potentially more prone to crying during sad chick flicks. Overall I think birth control is about finding a pill that works for your body, and this one works for me. I take the generic manufactured by lupin."

yammin July 28, 2015

Levora (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for 4 months and I'm getting off of it asap. I am on month 4 and I have noticed my hair is falling out, I'm always angry and my face looks like a pizza. I was on accutane for acne last year but this pill has caused all of my acne to come back. It's very depressing. I don't take it at the exact same time everyday right now I'm worried it's not even doing its job as a birth control because I am on day 3 of my period and have not started. Hate this pill."

CaitlynKayyyyy July 27, 2015

Portia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I switched to portia after being on levora (I had no side effects with it) for three years. My first period was extremely heavy but no cramps. I'm on my second period and I feel like I've gained 10 pounds from bloating. I look like I'm 3 months pregnant. I've been very irritable and had cramps and headaches during these few days. I hate this birth control. It's effective but its not worth severe, uncomfortable bloating and weight gain."

Rha432 July 26, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Seasonique is the absolute worst birth control ever. I have been spotting for two weeks. I chose this birth control to control the heaviness of my periods, however, I cannot say that it has made my periods any better. I rather just have my period for 5-6 days and have cramping rather than go through with spotting for two weeks with cramps. I'm definitely going to my doctor to change my birth control."

HaileyL July 25, 2015

For Birth Control: "This pill definitely doesn't work for me. I have been bleeding for 3 weeks now & I am nausea mostly everyday. Some days worse then others."

Llyynnzz89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Quasense (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Endometriosis: "I have been using quasense since 2011 due to heavy periods my Urogynecologist thought it would be a good idea to switch to this birth control. I have noticed after a year I stopped getting periods despite taking that week off each month, but I was told this is normal. I am happy not to have really painful periods & don't have any complaints."

RReib87 July 25, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Before starting this pill, my flow was way too heavy! I would literally bleed through a super tampon and a pad in less than 2 hours. (horrible I know.) Also my skin would get pimples like crazy. Within the first 2 months my period was lighter and managable. My acne also cleared up. But my mom and others would notice that I was super quiet, I'm usually talkative, so she thought I was depressed. I'm not completely sure it was the pill's fault. Currently I am off the pill to see if my flow has gotten lighter. I'm giving it a 9 because of the "depression" stage my peers thought I was going through."

Lanna118 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 24, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "During my first week I had aura migraines, so bad that I vomitted at times. I'm a month and 4 days into pack 2 and I've had horrible anxiety, depression, decrease in sex drive, loss of appetite and nausea! This has been the worst experience of my life! I'd rather be pregnant."

Horrible666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

Amethia Lo (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I could only stick with this for like two weeks, although I didn't spot or when I was on it I've been bleeding for 6 days since stopping it, never bled that long in my life. Within the first four days I gained 3.5 lbs and my boobs shrank a cup size (?????) despite doing insanity workouts every day. I started to get red bumps like hives on my stomach and then when 4 cyst like pimples started on my face simultaneously, I knew this was not going to work for me. Evidently, this is a very androgenic progestin pill. Yes, im taking this to prevent pregnancy but not willing to turn into a man to do so."

Sortatall (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

Aubra (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was on this for about 3 months, normally the time frame for deciding whether or not your body reacts well to a medication. Periods were fine and normal, lasted about 5 days, light to moderate. Still got cramps around the second day and acne about a week or so prior to my period. I started to get inter-menstrual cramping and sharp pain in between periods. Normally if I miss a pill, or few, I can take them all, up to 4, shit happens, and be fine. With this I felt really sick and crampy if I took more than 2. I gained about 15lbs in 3 months, but I also had moved across country and started a new desk job, so cant account that all to the medication. No mood swings or headaches. Definitely increased discharge though."

vivak (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "This is the worst experience I have ever had with a birth control. My acne is worse and my mood is awful. I've felt depressed for the whole time I've been on it where I just want to cry for no reason or if something does not go right. I have had calf cramps as well. My normal birth control is Lutera and I have no complaints about it."

BrittOrtiz (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Worse birth control that I have ever been on. I am 30 and started taking Orsythia to help with pain before and during my period. Shortly after starting, my face started to break out all over and then two weeks later I went to the ER for chest pain. Xrays and an EKG say that I'm fine and the doc said that it could be inflammation causing the pain. My breathing is all over the place now when I exercise, I feel nauseous and want to vomit most of the time and now I'm getting anxiety from all of this. I have three more pills until my period but I'm no longer going to take them. Setting up a doc appointment to get this cleared up."

Hailey421 July 22, 2015

Sronyx (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Wanted a low dose oral BC after being off for about a year & a half. Was rx'd Sronyx from PP. I wanted low dose because I've dealt with depression before. This pill made me absolutely crazy. I felt ok the first week but I've never been more irritable, moody & depressed. I've had anxiety & literally feel like another person. Can't wait for this to clear my system"

PA2015fa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

Levlen (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I was on Levlen for around 8 months. I started it a month before my wedding day, and because I'm still quite young, I was really adamant about contraception. After researching about pills, i figured as long as i didnt get acne breakouts, gain weight or get hairy, it was perfect. Boy, was I wrong! I was completely depressed, anxious and stressed the entire time, my libido was almost non-existent and i started to get cyctic acne on my face... you can imagine how all of this would affect newlyweds!! It wasnt until i had a major breakdown a month ago that I knew i had to get off Levlen ASAP! I'm now on Femme Tab and its working fine, just waiting to see how my hormones will react!"

ellegee July 22, 2015

Seasonique (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "I have been on Seasonique for 4 weeks now and started bleeding 3 days ago. Not spotting, but full blown bleeding non-stop. I called my OB and the nurse told me to basically deal with it until my body gets used to the drug. She said it could take months, that I could potentially be bleeding, non-stop for the next three months or more she had no idea when it would stop. I was not aware of this when I agreed to this pill, and it is not listed on the side effects. Breakthrough bleeding or spotting is NOT having basically your period for months! For me it doesn't matter if after 3 months it works like a charm, if you randomly get your period for long lengths of time - it defeats the lure of this product."

Swagner881 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

For Birth Control: "I've been taking this pill for two months now and I spotted on an off for the first few weeks. Wasn't anything bad just a little bit of an annoyance. I recently had sex without a condom and I'm waiting to see results. He did not ejaculate in me, so I don't see a high risk in pregnancy. But I think it's worked! I have no pain, no mood issues, my body weight has stayed relitivly average, and my acne is clearing up nicely! It's wonderful!"

Sara.beck July 20, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I started Chateal four months ago. Bad idea, I've gained 20 pounds, something extremely unusual for me cause I had the same weight since I was 15 and I've been having acne episodes which is even more rare cause I never had it before either. No severe mood changes but I've been very tired and sleepy too. Conclusion: This pill sucks I can't wait to change it."

Gigi1990 July 20, 2015

Orsythia (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Was only on it for 4 months to regulate my period. Started out okay and period were light and on schedule. The last 2 months I was on it I had my period for two weeks!! Also made me very depressed, I gained weight, craved food 24/7, and retained water and felt bloated all the time."

Enchiladass July 18, 2015

Aviane (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I definitely lost some weight, my period was super light, lasted 3 days, no cramps and my skin cleared up amazingly. However, with that said, i started getting horrible anxiety while on it. I wouldnt wish that on anyone"

It was ok~ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2015

Lutera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "To me has been working for around 7 years I love it. Although I have been a constant birth control user for over 10 years never have kids or been pregnant so I'm 30 now I have stopped taking it to avoid any future complications due to general birth control issues.before I started taking it. I tried many and Luthera is been the best working on me. I highly recommend it"

Didilulu (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 17, 2015

Chateal (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this birth control for almost 1 month and starting my next month tomorrow. Not very many side effects except from tiredness and a few headaches here and there. The headaches are coming more frequent now but I am not sure as to if the birth control is causing this. But Chateal has worked great for me."

Hottyj (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2015