User Reviews for Zovia

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zovia reviews 24 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Zovia

Review by Alex :):

For Birth Control: I recently switched from Loestrin to Zovia. Loestrin make me cramp really bad when I spotted. And I took them everyday at the same time. I also would spot for about a week. When I started taking Zovia which has been for a month and a half it made nauseous and had/have tenderness of the breast. Nausea went away and my skin cleared up but I am still experiencing tenderness of the breast.. they hurt really bad and my nipples are sore. My breast have also enlarged to a cup size. I don't know if this will be for only a short time or will I continue having this soreness. But overall I like it minus my breast being sore and huge!!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2013 9:07 PM

Review by Kelsey1124:

For Birth Control: Zovia cleared my acne and helped regulate my period with no pregnancies. However, it caused huge mood swings around my period. I was very irritable and sometimes depressed. Also if I didn't take the pill at the exact same time (or within an hour) I spotted.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by Longtime Zovia user in WA:

For Birth Control: I've been very happy with the results: no unplanned pregnancies, consistent weight, very little mood swings, no acne, etc. I'm over 30, used Zovia for over 10 years and no big complaints. For a period of time my insurance didn't cover this formulary so I switched to another and while on that I noticed severe mood swings. As soon as I found out Zovia was covered again I requested my Doctor put me back on it and I felt much better immediately. However, the last few months I've noticed the week prior and during my period craving a lot more sweets. I don't know if they've made some changes to it recently or if its an increase in stress or my age influencing hormones & metabolism, but I don't feel the same.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I'm 18 and I've been on Zovia for about a year. No weight gain, acne completely cleared up, and never gotten pregnant even if I did miss a couple! However, very bad PMS and irritability. My boyfriend of 2 years finds it very frustrating around the time of my period because I turn moody. Love it though.

March 30, 2013 12:25 AM

Review by C C:

For Birth Control: I have been on it for 2 months & have not gotten my period at all! And no I'm not pregnant! It may be good but I do get the slight panic each month. As of now, I don't think I've had any other side effects. Also, it is very cheap!

January 17, 2013 5:33 PM

For Birth Control: I recently switched to Zovia from Ortho Tricyclen. It's definitely doing what it's supposed to. The side effects that I've experienced since switching is slight weight gain (even though I'm active), B to C cup and some tenderness, nausea, and mood swings (and my boyfriend agrees with me -- this is the WORST side effect). What I do like about the Zovia is that it cleared my face up and made my periods EXTREMELY light and short. I think I like the Ortho Tricyclen better but only because I didn't have any side effects with it.

December 5, 2012 2:26 AM

Review by sarahkay (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 3.5 years and it is my FAVORITE THING EVER. My periods are extremely light, I almost never have cramps or mood swings, and the only weight gain I experienced was welcome and came in the form of a cup size. I haven't had any problems during that time of the month or otherwise and overall, I think this is just a very nice, happy pill. I always use condoms because I'm paranoid but I'm scare-free also!

October 20, 2012 3:43 AM

Review by gymgrrl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Birth Control: I would recommend this to anyone. I started using Zovia 1/35 in college 20 years ago for heavy periods and this fixed it! They were light, predictable, and only lasted 3 or 4 days, so great. I had virtually no side effects, just the breasts went from a B to a C. I'm now 43 years old and my body is changing so this prescription is not working as well for me, I may need to switch, but it's just due to age at this point.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2012 9:21 PM

Review by needsahug (taken for 10 years or more):

For Birth Control: I've been on Zovia almost 10 years now. Its cheap and worked for the reason I was taking it which was to prevent pregnancy. I can't say whether it made me gain weight because I figure after ten years its bound to normalize. I can say I get pretty bad PMS but I'm not sure this pill was ever advertised to treat PMS symptoms. I experienced depression, bloat, irritability, anxiety and lethargy the week before every period. I attribute some to my family history of anxiety and depression though, and it was never something I brought up with my Doctor. Never thought there was any reason to change it until now. Recently I did find a side effect to be too much to bear; low libido. I don't even want a man to look at me let alone touch me it's so terrible.

June 26, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on Zovia for 4 months. I quickly gained 10 pounds, even though I workout 4 to 5 times a week and watch what I eat. I have gone from a B cup to a C cup, and I have developed horrible mood swings. I also experience bad acne about 4 days before and after my period.

June 16, 2012 11:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have been on Zovia for 11 months. The first 3 months I had alot of mood swings from: crying to anger, anger to crying, and happy to sad. It was the the most difficult 3 months of my life. I still have mood swings but not as much as in the beginning. It did make me gain weight but prevented me from getting pregnant.

May 22, 2012 8:54 PM

For Birth Control: My experience has been great so far. I have been taking this pill over 8 years now. I did experience weight gain which was a good thing. I do experience bloating before and during my period, my period tends to last for 3-4 days. I have missed a couple here and there and have not gotten pregnant thank God. I recommend this pill to anyone who is searching for a pill to try.

February 2, 2012 12:12 PM

While taking this pill I became an emotional wreck, my face broke out, had spotting between periods, cramps got worse and developed fibroids. The list goes on.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2012 10:00 AM

Review by pissedoff.:

For Birth Control: I've been on Zovia for only TWO months. Since then I have been breaking out massively on my face. My breasts are extremely tender. It makes it very difficult for me to exercise due to the pain. I bloat before and during periods. I was told by doctors that this helps pimples, but it has done the total opposite. I am thinking about going back to Lutera.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2011 4:11 AM

For Birth Control: So after reading the reviews I feel a little bit better because after two weeks of taking this pill I have gained 5 lbs and my breasts went from a normal B cup to a large C cup..usually that would be a great thing, but it's very uncomfortable and the weight gain is upsetting because I work out 4-5 times a week and eat healthily. I used to be on the Nuvaring but it is too expensive so I tried a low dose birth control but on this I was spotting all the time and became very depressed.

November 1, 2011 3:40 PM

For Birth Control: I started taking Zovia about 5 months ago and I could immediately tell the difference after the 1st month. I started gaining weight, my breasts got even bigger than they already were and they were constantly tender, my periods went from 3-4 days to 7-9 days with horrible cramps, my face became very oily and I started breaking out. I have never had a lot of acne or breakouts but after starting this birth control, it got bad. I have been an emotional wreck and cry all of the time and I'm normally not like that. I think I had every bad side effect a birth control can have so needless to say, my OB has called in a different birth control! Hopefully if you decide to use this birth control, you don't have any of the side effects like I have.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2011 8:15 PM

Review by not so good:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Zovia now for a little over a month. My doctor prescribed this because I was having extremely heavy periods with severe cramps so he said this would help to regulate but since I've been taking it I haven't stopped bleeding at all. 33 days of bleeding is the worst and it hurts to wear a tampon so I have to wear pads only. My husband who is trying to be supportive is starting to get frustrated because we can't even have sex because of all this bleeding. I think I may stop using it.

August 1, 2011 8:59 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Zovia for 3 months, and had side effects from the start. In the first month, I had a weight gain of 8 pounds. It caused a lot of nausea. It made me severely depressed. I'm switching to Nordette. On the positive side, it did regulate my extremely irregular periods.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2011 11:01 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yasmin for a long time but began having break through periods after my third child. My doctor switched me to Zovia and within 3 weeks I gained inches on my hips and thighs. I work out twice a week and watch what I eat so this was concerning. I also developed a LOT of acne on my face. Big red sores that were painful. I have since switched back to Yasmin and my side effects have reversed. Thankfully. It may have been due to the increase in the amount of estrogen from the Zovia.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2011 12:16 PM

For Birth Control: I used to be on Yaz and really loved it but, I was worried about all it's latest bad reviews. I just switched to Zovia and my breasts are so tender. I thought it would be great to go up a size (I heard this from a friend) but it is really painful. I'm also very bloated which I'm not used to because you never get bloated or acne from Yaz. I get my period next week so still unsure if it will be as light as it was on Yaz.

October 25, 2010 8:03 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Zovia for about 4 years. I always took it on time. I never had any side effects. My periods only lasted about 4 to 5 days. The periods were pretty normal and no cramps. I missed one dosage and got pregnant. Granted it was my mistake. I recommend this drug to anyone as long as you don't forget to take it.

June 7, 2010 7:41 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on Zovia for 5 years, and haven't noticed ANY side effects. No weight gain, in my breasts or elsewhere. Before birth control, I had a very light 4-5 day period, on Zovia, it's nearly non-existant, a pantyliner is all I need. I haven't needed a tampon in 5 years. I take Zovia almost religiously on-time everyday, and 5 years and counting, no pregnancies! Other birth controls that I tried really messed with my emotions and I spent a lot of time crying for no reason, so I'm very, very happy with Zovia for not messing up my hormones to the extent that I experience mood swings.

February 28, 2010 12:54 PM

For Birth Control: I have been using Zovia for 3 months now to help regulate my period. So far the side effects have been larger breasts and breast tenderness, slight bloating before and during my period, and immediately after starting it I have been getting chest acne. I am not prone to body acne and have never gotten it before I started using the pill. Nothing would clear it up either (acne wash- spot cream). My doctor said it was probably because of the high estrogen. Besides the acne and bloating I don't have any other problems with it. It has started to regulate my period slowly, but not completely.

January 19, 2010 12:26 PM

Review by Happy Camper:

For Birth Control: I have been using Zovia for 2 months and I have really off periods so it's been able to keep my periods on track. Not too many side affects maybe a little nausea but other than that I like it. As long as you take it on time you are fine.

December 28, 2009 2:13 PM

For Birth Control: So far Zovia hasn't really been too bad as far as breast tenderness goes but it has made them big. My system is so messed up that I ovulate on birth control pills, so I'm hoping that Zovia will stop this since it's high in Estrogen.

August 8, 2009 11:33 PM