User Reviews for Zovia

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zovia reviews 27 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Zovia

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was on Beyaz before switching to Zovia. I switched because my periods were so light that tampons were painful and pads were too much protection. On Zovia, my periods are even lighter, lasting a max of 2-3 days with an extremely light almost nonexistent flow, larger breasts, oily skin on my face, weight gain in my abdomen and thighs, & constant bloating. However, my acne has not reappeared since being on Zovia. Thinking about switching birth control. These light periods make me fear I'm pregnant.

December 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Review by strawberripug:

For Birth Control: I took Zovia for about 6 months mainly to regulate as well as clear up my skin. It did those things wonderfully however, I had the WORST night sweats imaginable! I would wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet. I'd have to change my clothes & sleep on a towel. It was awful! This problem outweighed the benefits so I took myself off. I did get depressed before my period also.

November 24, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by JennaMichelle480 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been using it for a month and so far I like it. I switched from Mononessa because Mononessa was making me break out and I still would bleed heavily on it. My doctor switched me and now my periods are so so light. My first period on it started a couple of days ago and I was actually scared that it was implantation bleeding because it was so light. My acne has decreased so that is definitely a bonus. I do feel like my breasts are bigger (and being only 120lbs this was a plus for me). There is one thing I'm worried about. My weight fluctuates between 117-123... I have felt like my lower abdomen is full but not bloated. I'm active but the full feeling in the bladder makes me feel a little self conscious. Maybe that will go away soon though.

November 3, 2014 5:05 PM

Review by Alex :):

For Birth Control: I recently switched from Loestrin to Zovia. Loestrin make me cramp really bad when I spotted. And I took them everyday at the same time. I also would spot for about a week. When I started taking Zovia which has been for a month and a half it made nauseous and had/have tenderness of the breast. Nausea went away and my skin cleared up but I am still experiencing tenderness of the breast.. they hurt really bad and my nipples are sore. My breast have also enlarged to a cup size. I don't know if this will be for only a short time or will I continue having this soreness. But overall I like it minus my breast being sore and huge!!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2013 9:07 PM

Review by Kelsey1124:

For Birth Control: Zovia cleared my acne and helped regulate my period with no pregnancies. However, it caused huge mood swings around my period. I was very irritable and sometimes depressed. Also if I didn't take the pill at the exact same time (or within an hour) I spotted.

August 21, 2013 9:35 PM

Review by Longtime Zovia user in WA:

For Birth Control: I've been very happy with the results: no unplanned pregnancies, consistent weight, very little mood swings, no acne, etc. I'm over 30, used Zovia for over 10 years and no big complaints. For a period of time my insurance didn't cover this formulary so I switched to another and while on that I noticed severe mood swings. As soon as I found out Zovia was covered again I requested my Doctor put me back on it and I felt much better immediately. However, the last few months I've noticed the week prior and during my period craving a lot more sweets. I don't know if they've made some changes to it recently or if its an increase in stress or my age influencing hormones & metabolism, but I don't feel the same.

August 18, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I'm 18 and I've been on Zovia for about a year. No weight gain, acne completely cleared up, and never gotten pregnant even if I did miss a couple! However, very bad PMS and irritability. My boyfriend of 2 years finds it very frustrating around the time of my period because I turn moody. Love it though.

March 30, 2013 12:25 AM

Review by C C:

For Birth Control: I have been on it for 2 months & have not gotten my period at all! And no I'm not pregnant! It may be good but I do get the slight panic each month. As of now, I don't think I've had any other side effects. Also, it is very cheap!

January 17, 2013 5:33 PM

For Birth Control: I recently switched to Zovia from Ortho Tricyclen. It's definitely doing what it's supposed to. The side effects that I've experienced since switching is slight weight gain (even though I'm active), B to C cup and some tenderness, nausea, and mood swings (and my boyfriend agrees with me -- this is the WORST side effect). What I do like about the Zovia is that it cleared my face up and made my periods EXTREMELY light and short. I think I like the Ortho Tricyclen better but only because I didn't have any side effects with it.

December 5, 2012 2:26 AM

Review by sarahkay (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I have been on this pill for 3.5 years and it is my FAVORITE THING EVER. My periods are extremely light, I almost never have cramps or mood swings, and the only weight gain I experienced was welcome and came in the form of a cup size. I haven't had any problems during that time of the month or otherwise and overall, I think this is just a very nice, happy pill. I always use condoms because I'm paranoid but I'm scare-free also!

October 20, 2012 3:43 AM

Review by gymgrrl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Birth Control: I would recommend this to anyone. I started using Zovia 1/35 in college 20 years ago for heavy periods and this fixed it! They were light, predictable, and only lasted 3 or 4 days, so great. I had virtually no side effects, just the breasts went from a B to a C. I'm now 43 years old and my body is changing so this prescription is not working as well for me, I may need to switch, but it's just due to age at this point.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2012 9:21 PM

Review by needsahug (taken for 10 years or more):

For Birth Control: I've been on Zovia almost 10 years now. Its cheap and worked for the reason I was taking it which was to prevent pregnancy. I can't say whether it made me gain weight because I figure after ten years its bound to normalize. I can say I get pretty bad PMS but I'm not sure this pill was ever advertised to treat PMS symptoms. I experienced depression, bloat, irritability, anxiety and lethargy the week before every period. I attribute some to my family history of anxiety and depression though, and it was never something I brought up with my Doctor. Never thought there was any reason to change it until now. Recently I did find a side effect to be too much to bear; low libido. I don't even want a man to look at me let alone touch me it's so terrible.

June 26, 2012 10:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on Zovia for 4 months. I quickly gained 10 pounds, even though I workout 4 to 5 times a week and watch what I eat. I have gone from a B cup to a C cup, and I have developed horrible mood swings. I also experience bad acne about 4 days before and after my period.

June 16, 2012 11:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have been on Zovia for 11 months. The first 3 months I had alot of mood swings from: crying to anger, anger to crying, and happy to sad. It was the the most difficult 3 months of my life. I still have mood swings but not as much as in the beginning. It did make me gain weight but prevented me from getting pregnant.

May 22, 2012 8:54 PM

For Birth Control: My experience has been great so far. I have been taking this pill over 8 years now. I did experience weight gain which was a good thing. I do experience bloating before and during my period, my period tends to last for 3-4 days. I have missed a couple here and there and have not gotten pregnant thank God. I recommend this pill to anyone who is searching for a pill to try.

February 2, 2012 12:12 PM

While taking this pill I became an emotional wreck, my face broke out, had spotting between periods, cramps got worse and developed fibroids. The list goes on.

January 27, 2012 10:00 AM

Review by pissedoff.:

For Birth Control: I've been on Zovia for only TWO months. Since then I have been breaking out massively on my face. My breasts are extremely tender. It makes it very difficult for me to exercise due to the pain. I bloat before and during periods. I was told by doctors that this helps pimples, but it has done the total opposite. I am thinking about going back to Lutera.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2011 4:11 AM

For Birth Control: So after reading the reviews I feel a little bit better because after two weeks of taking this pill I have gained 5 lbs and my breasts went from a normal B cup to a large C cup..usually that would be a great thing, but it's very uncomfortable and the weight gain is upsetting because I work out 4-5 times a week and eat healthily. I used to be on the Nuvaring but it is too expensive so I tried a low dose birth control but on this I was spotting all the time and became very depressed.

November 1, 2011 3:40 PM

For Birth Control: I started taking Zovia about 5 months ago and I could immediately tell the difference after the 1st month. I started gaining weight, my breasts got even bigger than they already were and they were constantly tender, my periods went from 3-4 days to 7-9 days with horrible cramps, my face became very oily and I started breaking out. I have never had a lot of acne or breakouts but after starting this birth control, it got bad. I have been an emotional wreck and cry all of the time and I'm normally not like that. I think I had every bad side effect a birth control can have so needless to say, my OB has called in a different birth control! Hopefully if you decide to use this birth control, you don't have any of the side effects like I have.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2011 8:15 PM

Review by not so good:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Zovia now for a little over a month. My doctor prescribed this because I was having extremely heavy periods with severe cramps so he said this would help to regulate but since I've been taking it I haven't stopped bleeding at all. 33 days of bleeding is the worst and it hurts to wear a tampon so I have to wear pads only. My husband who is trying to be supportive is starting to get frustrated because we can't even have sex because of all this bleeding. I think I may stop using it.

August 1, 2011 8:59 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Zovia for 3 months, and had side effects from the start. In the first month, I had a weight gain of 8 pounds. It caused a lot of nausea. It made me severely depressed. I'm switching to Nordette. On the positive side, it did regulate my extremely irregular periods.

June 10, 2011 11:01 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on Yasmin for a long time but began having break through periods after my third child. My doctor switched me to Zovia and within 3 weeks I gained inches on my hips and thighs. I work out twice a week and watch what I eat so this was concerning. I also developed a LOT of acne on my face. Big red sores that were painful. I have since switched back to Yasmin and my side effects have reversed. Thankfully. It may have been due to the increase in the amount of estrogen from the Zovia.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2011 12:16 PM

For Birth Control: I used to be on Yaz and really loved it but, I was worried about all it's latest bad reviews. I just switched to Zovia and my breasts are so tender. I thought it would be great to go up a size (I heard this from a friend) but it is really painful. I'm also very bloated which I'm not used to because you never get bloated or acne from Yaz. I get my period next week so still unsure if it will be as light as it was on Yaz.

October 25, 2010 8:03 PM

For Birth Control: I was on Zovia for about 4 years. I always took it on time. I never had any side effects. My periods only lasted about 4 to 5 days. The periods were pretty normal and no cramps. I missed one dosage and got pregnant. Granted it was my mistake. I recommend this drug to anyone as long as you don't forget to take it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2010 7:41 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on Zovia for 5 years, and haven't noticed ANY side effects. No weight gain, in my breasts or elsewhere. Before birth control, I had a very light 4-5 day period, on Zovia, it's nearly non-existant, a pantyliner is all I need. I haven't needed a tampon in 5 years. I take Zovia almost religiously on-time everyday, and 5 years and counting, no pregnancies! Other birth controls that I tried really messed with my emotions and I spent a lot of time crying for no reason, so I'm very, very happy with Zovia for not messing up my hormones to the extent that I experience mood swings.

February 28, 2010 12:54 PM