User Reviews for Zovia

Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zovia reviews 30 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Zovia

For Birth Control "I've been using Zovia for about almost four months now and so far I think it's been wonderful, besides a few things. This was my first time ever trying birth control and I wasn't to sure about it. When I first started Zovia my first month was great no side affects or anything. Then my second month came and that's when everything went down hill. I started to get bad cramps, was very depressed, and was always throwing up. Also, my periods have actually gotten heavier and still last a full week. Till this day I still throw up every month one day out of my second/third week before my period. I still experience some depression but other than that my cramps and everything else have gone away."

Betty3719739/0 April 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control going on 8 years. Never any weight gain or physical issues, but the occasional mood swings and PMS. Cant say if Ive had an increase in appetite. But totally worth it. Haven't gotten pregnant!"

Maria O. March 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Beyaz before switching to Zovia. I switched because my periods were so light that tampons were painful and pads were too much protection. On Zovia, my periods are even lighter, lasting a max of 2-3 days with an extremely light almost nonexistent flow, larger breasts, oily skin on my face, weight gain in my abdomen and thighs, & constant bloating. However, my acne has not reappeared since being on Zovia. Thinking about switching birth control. These light periods make me fear I'm pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2014

For Birth Control "I take birth control mostly to take care of my extremely heavy periods and hormonal acne. This is by far the best birth control I have been on for ME. I originally started on Zovia 1/35 (after already trying 2-3 different kinds of pills), which worked beautifully for a year until I began experiencing spotting and my DR recommended upping the estrogen and trying out the 1/50. When I first started it, I had horrible nausea because my body wasn't used to that amount of hormones, but that didn't last long. My skin was completely cleared up and periods were the lightest they've ever been. Really loved this pill but I'm on Mononessa now because my new gyno was scared of the amount of hormones I was putting into my body. Never had side effects on this."

shabak (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2014

For Birth Control "I took Zovia for about 6 months mainly to regulate as well as clear up my skin. It did those things wonderfully however, I had the WORST night sweats imaginable! I would wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet. I'd have to change my clothes & sleep on a towel. It was awful! This problem outweighed the benefits so I took myself off. I did get depressed before my period also."

strawberripug November 24, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been using it for a month and so far I like it. I switched from Mononessa because Mononessa was making me break out and I still would bleed heavily on it. My doctor switched me and now my periods are so so light. My first period on it started a couple of days ago and I was actually scared that it was implantation bleeding because it was so light. My acne has decreased so that is definitely a bonus. I do feel like my breasts are bigger (and being only 120lbs this was a plus for me). There is one thing I'm worried about. My weight fluctuates between 117-123... I have felt like my lower abdomen is full but not bloated. I'm active but the full feeling in the bladder makes me feel a little self conscious. Maybe that will go away soon though."

JennaMichelle480 (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

For Birth Control "I recently switched from Loestrin to Zovia. Loestrin make me cramp really bad when I spotted. And I took them everyday at the same time. I also would spot for about a week. When I started taking Zovia which has been for a month and a half it made nauseous and had/have tenderness of the breast. Nausea went away and my skin cleared up but I am still experiencing tenderness of the breast.. they hurt really bad and my nipples are sore. My breast have also enlarged to a cup size. I don't know if this will be for only a short time or will I continue having this soreness. But overall I like it minus my breast being sore and huge!!"

Alex :) December 12, 2013

For Birth Control "Zovia cleared my acne and helped regulate my period with no pregnancies. However, it caused huge mood swings around my period. I was very irritable and sometimes depressed. Also if I didn't take the pill at the exact same time (or within an hour) I spotted. "

Kelsey1124 August 21, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been very happy with the results: no unplanned pregnancies, consistent weight, very little mood swings, no acne, etc. I'm over 30, used Zovia for over 10 years and no big complaints. For a period of time my insurance didn't cover this formulary so I switched to another and while on that I noticed severe mood swings. As soon as I found out Zovia was covered again I requested my Doctor put me back on it and I felt much better immediately. However, the last few months I've noticed the week prior and during my period craving a lot more sweets. I don't know if they've made some changes to it recently or if its an increase in stress or my age influencing hormones & metabolism, but I don't feel the same."

Longtime Zovia user in WA August 18, 2013

For Birth Control "I'm 18 and I've been on Zovia for about a year. No weight gain, acne completely cleared up, and never gotten pregnant even if I did miss a couple! However, very bad PMS and irritability. My boyfriend of 2 years finds it very frustrating around the time of my period because I turn moody. Love it though."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on it for 2 months & have not gotten my period at all! And no I'm not pregnant! It may be good but I do get the slight panic each month. As of now, I don't think I've had any other side effects. Also, it is very cheap!"

C C January 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I recently switched to Zovia from Ortho Tricyclen. It's definitely doing what it's supposed to. The side effects that I've experienced since switching is slight weight gain (even though I'm active), B to C cup and some tenderness, nausea, and mood swings (and my boyfriend agrees with me -- this is the WORST side effect). What I do like about the Zovia is that it cleared my face up and made my periods EXTREMELY light and short. I think I like the Ortho Tricyclen better but only because I didn't have any side effects with it."

Anonymous December 5, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 3.5 years and it is my FAVORITE THING EVER. My periods are extremely light, I almost never have cramps or mood swings, and the only weight gain I experienced was welcome and came in the form of a cup size. I haven't had any problems during that time of the month or otherwise and overall, I think this is just a very nice, happy pill. I always use condoms because I'm paranoid but I'm scare-free also!"

sarahkay (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2012

For Birth Control "I would recommend this to anyone. I started using Zovia 1/35 in college 20 years ago for heavy periods and this fixed it! They were light, predictable, and only lasted 3 or 4 days, so great. I had virtually no side effects, just the breasts went from a B to a C. I'm now 43 years old and my body is changing so this prescription is not working as well for me, I may need to switch, but it's just due to age at this point."

gymgrrl (taken for 10 years or more) August 2, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on Zovia almost 10 years now. Its cheap and worked for the reason I was taking it which was to prevent pregnancy. I can't say whether it made me gain weight because I figure after ten years its bound to normalize. I can say I get pretty bad PMS but I'm not sure this pill was ever advertised to treat PMS symptoms. I experienced depression, bloat, irritability, anxiety and lethargy the week before every period. I attribute some to my family history of anxiety and depression though, and it was never something I brought up with my Doctor. Never thought there was any reason to change it until now. Recently I did find a side effect to be too much to bear; low libido. I don't even want a man to look at me let alone touch me it's so terrible."

needsahug (taken for 10 years or more) June 26, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Zovia for 4 months. I quickly gained 10 pounds, even though I workout 4 to 5 times a week and watch what I eat. I have gone from a B cup to a C cup, and I have developed horrible mood swings. I also experience bad acne about 4 days before and after my period."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Zovia for 11 months. The first 3 months I had alot of mood swings from: crying to anger, anger to crying, and happy to sad. It was the the most difficult 3 months of my life. I still have mood swings but not as much as in the beginning. It did make me gain weight but prevented me from getting pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2012

For Birth Control "My experience has been great so far. I have been taking this pill over 8 years now. I did experience weight gain which was a good thing. I do experience bloating before and during my period, my period tends to last for 3-4 days. I have missed a couple here and there and have not gotten pregnant thank God. I recommend this pill to anyone who is searching for a pill to try."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

"While taking this pill I became an emotional wreck, my face broke out, had spotting between periods, cramps got worse and developed fibroids. The list goes on."

Anonymous January 27, 2012

For Birth Control "I've been on Zovia for only TWO months. Since then I have been breaking out massively on my face. My breasts are extremely tender. It makes it very difficult for me to exercise due to the pain. I bloat before and during periods. I was told by doctors that this helps pimples, but it has done the total opposite. I am thinking about going back to Lutera."

pissedoff. December 4, 2011

For Birth Control "So after reading the reviews I feel a little bit better because after two weeks of taking this pill I have gained 5 lbs and my breasts went from a normal B cup to a large C cup..usually that would be a great thing, but it's very uncomfortable and the weight gain is upsetting because I work out 4-5 times a week and eat healthily. I used to be on the Nuvaring but it is too expensive so I tried a low dose birth control but on this I was spotting all the time and became very depressed. "

Anonymous November 1, 2011

For Birth Control "I started taking Zovia about 5 months ago and I could immediately tell the difference after the 1st month. I started gaining weight, my breasts got even bigger than they already were and they were constantly tender, my periods went from 3-4 days to 7-9 days with horrible cramps, my face became very oily and I started breaking out. I have never had a lot of acne or breakouts but after starting this birth control, it got bad. I have been an emotional wreck and cry all of the time and I'm normally not like that. I think I had every bad side effect a birth control can have so needless to say, my OB has called in a different birth control! Hopefully if you decide to use this birth control, you don't have any of the side effects like I have."

Anonymous October 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been taking Zovia now for a little over a month. My doctor prescribed this because I was having extremely heavy periods with severe cramps so he said this would help to regulate but since I've been taking it I haven't stopped bleeding at all. 33 days of bleeding is the worst and it hurts to wear a tampon so I have to wear pads only. My husband who is trying to be supportive is starting to get frustrated because we can't even have sex because of all this bleeding. I think I may stop using it."

not so good August 1, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Zovia for 3 months, and had side effects from the start. In the first month, I had a weight gain of 8 pounds. It caused a lot of nausea. It made me severely depressed. I'm switching to Nordette. On the positive side, it did regulate my extremely irregular periods."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Yasmin for a long time but began having break through periods after my third child. My doctor switched me to Zovia and within 3 weeks I gained inches on my hips and thighs. I work out twice a week and watch what I eat so this was concerning. I also developed a LOT of acne on my face. Big red sores that were painful. I have since switched back to Yasmin and my side effects have reversed. Thankfully. It may have been due to the increase in the amount of estrogen from the Zovia."

Anonymous February 10, 2011