User Reviews for Enbrel

Ankylosing Spondylitis 30 reviews 123 medications

7.7
Summary of Enbrel reviews 125 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Enbrel

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Was on enbrel for seven years, got relief after first injection. I developed breast cancer this year and feel that enbrel played a part in bringing it on. I wouldn't change a thing though, I would have been crippled by now, I had good years enjoying life while on enbrel. I can no longer take enbrel, and my RA has gotten so much worse. Also taking prednisone, sulfasalazine, and methotrexate."

Lizzie Girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "The new color injectors suck. Harder to push the button and unpredictable on time of injection now tonight the damn thing after 35 seconds didn't retract. When I pulled it away it continues to spray my medicine across the room. Bring back the white sure click."

Shamus Horan (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been on Enbrel for about 2 1/2 years & have really had no relief. Prior I was on methotrexate & ended up having to see a liver transplant doctor because of an acute drug injury to my liver. I now have to see the transplant doctor every 3 months so I'd rather be on Enbrel than Methotrexate. But honestly I feel the Enbrel is just a waste of my time. I've also tried Cimzia, Celebrex, Vioxx, etc. Yet here I am at 42 unable to lift my grandchild & 2 shoulder surgeries & 2 toe replacements while on Enbrel."

CET December 10, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've had RA for 8 years. I still had much difficulty doing daily activities while on Methotrexate only. I've been on Enbrel for 15 months and now wouldn't be able to function without it. The Sureclick Autoinjector is a convenient method of administration, but is always quite painful and but fortunately over quickly. I'm so thankful to be on Enbrel."

desert dweller (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have suffered several forms of psoriasis for about 40 years. I have recently started biologicals, at last resort. I was on enbrel sure click for about 9 months. The stuff burns like hell in the legs. Enbrel did very little for me. I am now starting Humira."

Cookie_007 November 14, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Experienced 95% relief 24 hours after my 1st injection. I just had my 3rd injection and feel amazing. Before Enbrel I was taking 18 extra strength Ibuprofen daily and was still in pain at times throughout the day. Enbrel given me back my life. Every morning when I wake up and have no excruciating stiffness and pain I almost cry. It's almost like I'm dreaming and its just a matter of time before the pain returns. It hasn't. Thank You Enliven."

skyflakesq October 15, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was not diagnosed with RA for 6 years due to being overweight. So, after all the agonizing daily pain I went thru, I finally found a doctor that listened. Actually, I found a nurse practitioner that listened! So on went a 2 year stent of trying methotrexate/steroid combo of what came with no results. I was given Enbrel and a next option. It changed my life!!! By the next day I had 50% pain relief. I have been taking it for a couple of years now and I would say I'm about 80% pain free. I don't have joint swelling at all. But the main affected joints hurt when pushed past their limits. I was taken off enbrel for a short time due to insurance and put on Simponi. Within 1 week all the pain and joint swelling returned. I have no s/e also!"

Life saver!!! September 15, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had been suffering from psoriasis for 5 years and began to feel arthritis pain 3 years ago. The psoriatic symptoms and arthritis pain disappeared when I was pregnant but had since come back three fold. My debilitating arthritis pain in my hands and wrist, knees and hips prevented me from being the best mom I could be. I could not take it anymore. I'm relatively young (38) so I had to be very proactive in my diagnosis and treatment. I was sure that I did not want to take methotrexate and wanted a biological. I did my research and knew the risks. Enbrel is a miracle for me. The pain relief was instant, within 5 hours of the first shot. It's been three months and I have full movement, minimal to no pain. I am excited to ski again!"

EnbrelSuccessMegan September 3, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Had RA for 4 yrs after birth of my baby. I spent 2 years on various meds which did nothing for the pain Then put on Humira which worked wonders for nearly 2 years then started getting flare ups again so they put me on Enbrel 1st injection fine 2nd got small injection site reaction 3Rd injection got massive reaction at injection site & laryngitis Dr diagnosed cellulitis but after reading that laryngitis can be a symptom of allergic reaction I'm leaning towards an allergic reaction and am currently waiting a reply from my rheumatology team!"

The mad hatter (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Oh my god!! This medication is amazing. It's turned me into a brand new person. The debilitating swelling/stiffness in my knees, pain and grinding in my shoulders are ENTIRELY gone. The stiffness and lack of movement in my spine is very slowly getting better. I've been on it 3 weeks and I'm so much better. It took a very long time (3 years) and 6 Rheumatologists to finally get a doc to agree to trial me on a TNF inhibitor. The injection site reaction is super sucky. It have a big red itchy/burning rash where I inject for a 3-4 days after. I've made up a great cream to treat the symptoms, but gonna ask the Doc if I can switch to prefilled syringes."

smccormick22 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "15 year old that had severe plaque psoriasis, I tried everything from tropical ointments to solar treatment nothing worked. As soon as I started with enbrel I started to see results in about two weeks in less than 2 months I was 100% clear. Thank you enbrel (: !"

Wendy Mata July 21, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been on enbrel for about 2 years now. I can't go out in the sun because of the rash i get all over my chest and back ( side effect of enbrel) I never had any eye problems until I started using enbrel, now I need new glasses about every 6 months ( side effect of enbrel) . Do the benefits outweigh the side effects? In my case no! I'm done with enbrel."

RA patient 12345 July 17, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It was a miracle medicine for me, but it caused an extreme break of Pustular Psoriasis, and I had to discontinue the medicine. Apparently it is one of rare side effects of the drug."

garbane July 10, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I was diagnosed with AS about 2 years ago but felt the pain last 5 years. I have tried everything and absolutely nothing has worked for me, lastly trying Humira which I was on for about 4months and no pain relief and then trying Enbrel weekly for 4 works now and haven't felt any difference at all so far, maybe it may take a lot longer to kick in :("

Lozzy543 June 28, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I realize my review may be very premature, but I wanted to offer some insight from someone who just started taking Enbrel. My first shot was 3 days ago and I already feel like a new woman. In fact, there was a remarkable difference the next morning - less than 12 hours after my first shot! I have had RA for over 15 years; diagnosed at age 16. I have been on methotrexate, leflunomide, and even vioxx back when that was still on the market. Nothing provided the relief I needed, but I was terrified to go on a biologic drug because of all the possible side effects. I finally bit the bullet and started Enbrel because the pain was unbearable and caused terrible depression and even thoughts of suicide. At least for now, Enbrel is a God-send!"

Nicole MO June 20, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My husband has RA. His doctor sent him to the Indiana Heart Clinic to ensure he had no heart issues before they put him on it. In November 2012 Dr Daly released Tony saying he had NO heart issues so he started Emprel. In January 2013 Tony had a sizable aneurism on his aorta so he underwent heart surgery. In April due to infections he had a 14 Hour surgery to redo all he had done in January. He died on Mothers Day may 12, 2013 of infection. I'm saying that he had a good heart yet two month s after taking Emprel he doesn't. What are the odds? I would not recommend it. Just in case."

MLAdolay14 May 31, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I started Enbrel for AS 19 months ago. I had been diagnosed 46 years ago and had been taking Indocid SR and then when they stopped making the SR version switched to Voltaren. Even taking these potent drugs I was still with pain and problems as they only masked the symptoms. Within 6 hours of my first shot I was pain free and within 2 weeks was playing tennis again. I must say though that I do get sharp pains in my feet occasionally and I have put on about 20 lbs . all on the lower belly which my rheumatologist told me was a possible side affect. Another thing is my finger joints feel weaker and am having a bit of insomnia. But being pain free has helped my quality of life. I joined of a study group on it and share indo with others in it."

joe.sport May 26, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am a 46 yr old female. I had my first flare at 19, but doctors couldn't figure out what it was. I wasn't diagnosed until 5 years ago. I have steadily gone downhill since the diagnosis. They tried me on all the medications they could before starting TNF blockers. I was put on Humira first and although it made me feel some better, my back measurements were getting worse. Then the rheumy changed it to Enbrel. I had terrible site reactions from Enbrel and also tremors. I now have a rx for Simponi but I can't start it until I finish a round of antibiotics for Sinusitis and Bronchitis. I'm so happy to read that some people are getting help from some of these medications and hope that Simponi is my answer to prayer and I'll get my life back!"

OregonNana (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am suffering from AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis) for the last 25 years. My doctor (a rheumatologist) prescribed me Enbrel 50 mg weekly injection, which I continued for 1.6 years. The effect was great for the first 1-2 months but after that the effect of Enbrel plateaued. In spite of that I felt much better and started to lead a better life for the next 1 year or so. But the good news is that after a gap of one year (when I was without the injection) I found that my upper spine which was a bit bow shaped started becoming straight (not fully but to a great extent). That was really dramatic to say the least. I am grateful to this medication and will not mind taking it once again. One last thing, do not stop doing all the stretching exercises."

Ranjanb (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was on steroid medication for almost a year, having tapering doses in between. My teeth enamel got disrupted due to side effects of steroid and my haemoglobin count decreased to 8gm%/dL.. After I ceased steroids, I became completely bed-ridden as all my joints were invloved excluding spine, not even able to move for a side change. My rheumatologist suggested Enbrel, and a single dose of Enbrel changed my entire life.. Infact I got a new birth! Now my four doses are done and I am as good as I was before this rheumatoid disorder. Very happy to have Enbrel. I would thank the inventor of Enbrel. Thank You !"

Shilpa M April 7, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been on enbrel with other meds then finally with metrotexato since I was about 19 years old. The other meds I took were strong (harsh). So before I start, the absolute first credit in recovery goes to God. Now about the med, Enbrel, It really has helped me out in living a normal life (just add exercise)... Big difference from not being able to get up to being able to run again. Yet lately each time an injection has been made on my upper left arm, it feels odd. I feel as if the fluid is running into my veins going towards my rib cage. One time it felt as if it was going directly to my heart. Later it would feel warm in those areas, but giving it a few minutes later it would feel cool, oddly fresh. I would like to know if others have had similar symptoms."

Age: 25 March 29, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Just had my first injection yesterday. I felt better right away. I was really surprise at the fast response!"

Anonymous February 11, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my twenties and was on methotrexate and indomethicine as well as occasional prednisone. While the drug regime helped, my arthritis was continuing to damage joints and was really debilitating. Going on Enbrel changed everything and gave me a new lease on life. No symptoms and I'm very active. I feel like methotrexate took me to 60% and Enbrel did the rest-I have to continue to take both to get the results."

Richard A February 8, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had psoriasis start around the age of 20 and was not living a healthy lifestyle. After less than two years, getting healthy and topical treatments it went away (clobetasol was the best and tanning). About a year ago it came back with a vengeance (26 years old). It was all over - scalp (a lot), chest, stomach, back, legs, arms. I was so depressed, scared to date anyone, and went back to topical treatment which did not work at all. I tried oral methotrexate, steroids shots to my scalp, prednisone (worked briefly), but nothing would take me back to the days of just having a tiny bit on my elbows and scalp. Enbrel worked! My skin is completely clear outside of a little on my scalp but it's the best my scalp has ever been. Thank you Enbrel."

Jenny S. January 17, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It helped but caused me to have elevated liver enzymes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2014