User Reviews for Enbrel

7.9
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Enbrel reviews 108 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Enbrel

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am a 46 yr old female. I had my first flare at 19, but doctors couldn't figure out what it was. I wasn't diagnosed until 5 years ago. I have steadily gone downhill since the diagnosis. They tried me on all the medications they could before starting TNF blockers. I was put on Humira first and although it made me feel some better, my back measurements were getting worse. Then the rheumy changed it to Enbrel. I had terrible site reactions from Enbrel and also tremors. I now have a rx for Simponi but I can't start it until I finish a round of antibiotics for Sinusitis and Bronchitis. I'm so happy to read that some people are getting help from some of these medications and hope that Simponi is my answer to prayer and I'll get my life back!"

OregonNana (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am suffering from AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis) for the last 25 years. My doctor (a rheumatologist) prescribed me Enbrel 50 mg weekly injection, which I continued for 1.6 years. The effect was great for the first 1-2 months but after that the effect of Enbrel plateaued. In spite of that I felt much better and started to lead a better life for the next 1 year or so. But the good news is that after a gap of one year (when I was without the injection) I found that my upper spine which was a bit bow shaped started becoming straight (not fully but to a great extent). That was really dramatic to say the least. I am grateful to this medication and will not mind taking it once again. One last thing, do not stop doing all the stretching exercises."

Ranjanb (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was on steroid medication for almost a year, having tapering doses in between. My teeth enamel got disrupted due to side effects of steroid and my haemoglobin count decreased to 8gm%/dL.. After I ceased steroids, I became completely bed-ridden as all my joints were invloved excluding spine, not even able to move for a side change. My rheumatologist suggested Enbrel, and a single dose of Enbrel changed my entire life.. Infact I got a new birth! Now my four doses are done and I am as good as I was before this rheumatoid disorder. Very happy to have Enbrel. I would thank the inventor of Enbrel. Thank You !"

Shilpa M April 7, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been on enbrel with other meds then finally with metrotexato since I was about 19 years old. The other meds I took were strong (harsh). So before I start, the absolute first credit in recovery goes to God. Now about the med, Enbrel, It really has helped me out in living a normal life (just add exercise)... Big difference from not being able to get up to being able to run again. Yet lately each time an injection has been made on my upper left arm, it feels odd. I feel as if the fluid is running into my veins going towards my rib cage. One time it felt as if it was going directly to my heart. Later it would feel warm in those areas, but giving it a few minutes later it would feel cool, oddly fresh. I would like to know if others have had similar symptoms."

Age: 25 March 29, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Just had my first injection yesterday. I felt better right away. I was really surprise at the fast response!"

Anonymous February 11, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my twenties and was on methotrexate and indomethicine as well as occasional prednisone. While the drug regime helped, my arthritis was continuing to damage joints and was really debilitating. Going on Enbrel changed everything and gave me a new lease on life. No symptoms and I'm very active. I feel like methotrexate took me to 60% and Enbrel did the rest-I have to continue to take both to get the results."

Richard A February 8, 2015

For Plaque Psoriasis "I had psoriasis start around the age of 20 and was not living a healthy lifestyle. After less than two years, getting healthy and topical treatments it went away (clobetasol was the best and tanning). About a year ago it came back with a vengeance (26 years old). It was all over - scalp (a lot), chest, stomach, back, legs, arms. I was so depressed, scared to date anyone, and went back to topical treatment which did not work at all. I tried oral methotrexate, steroids shots to my scalp, prednisone (worked briefly), but nothing would take me back to the days of just having a tiny bit on my elbows and scalp. Enbrel worked! My skin is completely clear outside of a little on my scalp but it's the best my scalp has ever been. Thank you Enbrel."

Jenny S. January 17, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It helped but caused me to have elevated liver enzymes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Enbrel has worked well for me for about 4 years and it has been covered partly by my husband's former employer and Pfizer. It seems, however, that when I turn 65, it will barely be covered on Medicare and supplemental insurance due to Congress approving a renewal of the patent on Enbrel. Also, due to Medicare being a government program, it won't be covered. "

out of luck when I'm old November 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Have had rheumatoid arthritis for 5 years. Taking methotrexate for the whole time. It quit working as well. Just went on Enbrel 12 weeks ago, now have right arm swelling, pitting edema, trying to figure out what it is. I am 47 and shouldn't have any extremity swelling. Have never had any swelling of arms or legs. It is not DVT had ultrasound to rule that out. Common sense would say Enbrel triggered something. Hope it resolves and isn't anything serious."

shadbro (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2014

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have been on Enbrel for Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis for over 8 yrs. In the beginning my Psoriasis was the worst but after having to be off Enbrel for 7-8 months in order to take immunizations my Psoriatic arthritis had gotten the best of me. I have been back on Enbrel now for 5 weeks of one injection of 50mg. I totally feel everything is going back to where I was. The Psoriasis is almost gone (which is great considering I was 90% covered within two months of stopping) but the arthritis is taking just a little longer. This medicine saved my life years ago. I am almost 48 and have suffered with this since I was 13."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 11, 2014

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I had been suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis for quite a number of years. I had tried NSAID's with very little improvement, therefore I had no option but to trial Anti-TNF therapy as a last resort. I had originally tried Humira without much improvement at all. I then went on to try Simponi, which improved my physical condition dramatically within the first day of the injection, however seemed to have a psychotic effect on my brain over the couple of months of been on it. I did recover once I stopped the Simponi. I then got onto Enbrel around sometime after and seemed to have improvement within a couple of days of having the injection. I did have itchiness which in hindsight was a minimal problem."

Druza (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am so lucky I live in Denmark where it is free to get all kinds of medicines. Enbrel has been working quite well actually for the past 2.5 year, but recently my doctor recommend me to get out of it, and I started by pushing it with 3 days, and the 3 days made my knees swell up. Now I am back with the 7 days interval, but it wont really help as much as before. So, I guess it was too soon to get out of using it."

Asi (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in Feb. 2012 and started Enbrel the following September. I insisted on a biologic, as the methotrexate wasn't doing any good. I'm on 25mg twice weekly. I still have pain, my knees and left hip are the problem areas for me. I'm able to work, but still have to rest (ha ha! ) when I'm off. I would recommend Enbrel, the side effects have been minimal, compared to some of the other treatments."

still kicking (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "On it 9 weeks. Helps the rheumatoid arthritis, but I'm going bald very fast. Eliminated other DMARDs to confirm it is in fact the Enbrel. I can not lose all my hair, so I'm quitting it. It began falling out in clumps within the first week of shot #1. Too bad. Got the Enbrel card and it covered the cost."

no nick name (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2014

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I am soooo happy. After 3 weeks my skin looks healthy and my pain is gone. I feel alive again!"

Healthagain May 28, 2014

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "My daughter started weekly Enbrel injections, in combination with Methotrexate injections, about 6 months after she was diagnosed with Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. She continued them for about 3 years. During that time she barely had any side effects from the medication. Pain and redness at the injection site and occasional nausea after the injections for about 24 hours. It did seem to control her flare ups for most of the time. After about 2 1/2 years her arthritis became more aggressive and the medication was not as effective. Her doctor decided to change her medications. But over all, Enbrel was an effective medication for the first years of her arthritis."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 23, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Pain started 2005, diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis 2010. Cannot tolerate methotrexate, sulfa medicines and prednisone has severe negative psychological side effects. New Dr. in 2012 prescribed Enbrel. Took about 2 weeks to really kick on and then worked beautifully until recently. Now am having flares, swelling in AM, by mid week it wears off and I am hurting badly. At this point I am getting 2-3 good days out of 7 but I will continue as long as possible 2-3 out of 7 is better than 0-7. I miss when it worked all week. When Enbrel works it is awesome. I have used the Pfizer relief program and only pay $10 out of pocket. Without that it would have been too expensive even with our good insurance."

Bette64 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2014

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It gave me my life back and in the UK it's totally free."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Have been on Enbrel for 1 year and 3 methotrexate. Weekly 50mg injections. I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 15 years now and am 51 now. The Enbrel injections can be painful but I remove injection from fridge and wait 30 minutes before injecting. This helps with the pain when injecting the Enbrel. I have had headaches but the benefit is worth the side effects. I have my life back and am able to work and enjoy life. Life before Enbrel I was not active and missed work often. Hope this continues to work."

Ken K April 21, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had RA for 50 years (since 16 years old), and have been on gold injections, plaquenil, methotrexate, and now Enbrel with methotrexate. I have had multiple joint deformities, nodules and joint replacements. Each med helped at first, but then failed, except for Enbrel. Thank God for Enbrel! I have been on it for 10 years and it has allowed me to work full time, something I had previously never been able to do. I also work out at the gym every day, and am enjoying life!"

SQSunshine (taken for 10 years or more) March 29, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am 21 and have been fighting severe rheumatoid arthritis since I was 17, spending most of the past year in bed. I've been on Enbrel 5 weeks and I've been experiencing no pain relief, just constipation and lack of sleep. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Limited improvement after 6 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication."

Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 3 years. First on Methotrexate with Prednisone: got off the prednisone and went into remission after 8 months on methotrexate. Had a flare a year ago and have been fighting it ever since. I took Leflunomide, then Xeljanz and neither one worked and I was having to take 40mg of Prednisone just to handle the pain. Am now on Enbrel with prednisone; started out at 40-mg of prednisone and am now down to 10mg after 5 weeks. I am having a lot of rheumatoid arthritis nodules that started appearing during the flare, but so far since Enbrel there hasn't been any new growths appearing. Nodules are causing more pain (probably due to pressure on nerves) in my wrists then the rheumatoid arthritis in my finger joints. Hoping the Enbrel will improve my rheumatoid arthritis joint pain in my hands over time."

Vicki in Michigan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Amazing. First one I used lasted for the longest time frame. Only thing was the shots were annoying. After the Enbrel, each one I used or tried I had an allergic reaction to. About 6 different ones I finally gave into the prospect of having a premed to help accept the medication. Currently on Actemra with premed of Solumedrol. Helped for about 10 months the medicine was increased to maximum dose. 1st down and praying for continuing relief. I hope this helps. As each medication change the SULPHASALAZINE and methotrexate has always remained as a stable medicine treatment in my plan with only one exception."

HaveitURway (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 21, 2014