User Reviews for Enbrel

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Enbrel reviews 96 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Enbrel

Review by Asi (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am so lucky I live in Denmark where it is free to get all kinds of medicines. Enbrel has been working quite well actually for the past 2.5 year, but recently my doctor recommend me to get out of it, and I started by pushing it with 3 days, and the 3 days made my knees swell up. Now I am back with the 7 days interval, but it wont really help as much as before. So, I guess it was too soon to get out of using it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by still kicking (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in Feb. 2012 and started Enbrel the following September. I insisted on a biologic, as the methotrexate wasn't doing any good. I'm on 25mg twice weekly. I still have pain, my knees and left hip are the problem areas for me. I'm able to work, but still have to rest (ha ha! ) when I'm off. I would recommend Enbrel, the side effects have been minimal, compared to some of the other treatments.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by no nick name (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: On it 9 weeks. Helps the rheumatoid arthritis, but I'm going bald very fast. Eliminated other DMARDs to confirm it is in fact the Enbrel. I can not lose all my hair, so I'm quitting it. It began falling out in clumps within the first week of shot #1. Too bad. Got the Enbrel card and it covered the cost.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 3, 2014 10:25 AM

Review by Healthagain:

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I am soooo happy. After 3 weeks my skin looks healthy and my pain is gone. I feel alive again!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: My daughter started weekly Enbrel injections, in combination with Methotrexate injections, about 6 months after she was diagnosed with Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. She continued them for about 3 years. During that time she barely had any side effects from the medication. Pain and redness at the injection site and occasional nausea after the injections for about 24 hours. It did seem to control her flare ups for most of the time. After about 2 1/2 years her arthritis became more aggressive and the medication was not as effective. Her doctor decided to change her medications. But over all, Enbrel was an effective medication for the first years of her arthritis.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Review by Bette64 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Pain started 2005, diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis 2010. Cannot tolerate methotrexate, sulfa medicines and prednisone has severe negative psychological side effects. New Dr. in 2012 prescribed Enbrel. Took about 2 weeks to really kick on and then worked beautifully until recently. Now am having flares, swelling in AM, by mid week it wears off and I am hurting badly. At this point I am getting 2-3 good days out of 7 but I will continue as long as possible 2-3 out of 7 is better than 0-7. I miss when it worked all week. When Enbrel works it is awesome. I have used the Pfizer relief program and only pay $10 out of pocket. Without that it would have been too expensive even with our good insurance.

May 18, 2014 7:07 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: It gave me my life back and in the UK it's totally free.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2014 2:08 PM

Review by Ken K:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Have been on Enbrel for 1 year and 3 methotrexate. Weekly 50mg injections. I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 15 years now and am 51 now. The Enbrel injections can be painful but I remove injection from fridge and wait 30 minutes before injecting. This helps with the pain when injecting the Enbrel. I have had headaches but the benefit is worth the side effects. I have my life back and am able to work and enjoy life. Life before Enbrel I was not active and missed work often. Hope this continues to work.

April 21, 2014 7:57 PM

Review by SQSunshine (taken for 10 years or more):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had RA for 50 years (since 16 years old), and have been on gold injections, plaquenil, methotrexate, and now Enbrel with methotrexate. I have had multiple joint deformities, nodules and joint replacements. Each med helped at first, but then failed, except for Enbrel. Thank God for Enbrel! I have been on it for 10 years and it has allowed me to work full time, something I had previously never been able to do. I also work out at the gym every day, and am enjoying life!

March 29, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 21 and have been fighting severe rheumatoid arthritis since I was 17, spending most of the past year in bed. I've been on Enbrel 5 weeks and I've been experiencing no pain relief, just constipation and lack of sleep.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 2:00 AM

Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Limited improvement after 6 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 12:49 AM

Review by Vicki in Michigan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 3 years. First on Methotrexate with Prednisone: got off the prednisone and went into remission after 8 months on methotrexate. Had a flare a year ago and have been fighting it ever since. I took Leflunomide, then Xeljanz and neither one worked and I was having to take 40mg of Prednisone just to handle the pain. Am now on Enbrel with prednisone; started out at 40-mg of prednisone and am now down to 10mg after 5 weeks. I am having a lot of rheumatoid arthritis nodules that started appearing during the flare, but so far since Enbrel there hasn't been any new growths appearing. Nodules are causing more pain (probably due to pressure on nerves) in my wrists then the rheumatoid arthritis in my finger joints. Hoping the Enbrel will improve my rheumatoid arthritis joint pain in my hands over time.

March 11, 2014 5:40 PM

Review by HaveitURway (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Amazing. First one I used lasted for the longest time frame. Only thing was the shots were annoying. After the Enbrel, each one I used or tried I had an allergic reaction to. About 6 different ones I finally gave into the prospect of having a premed to help accept the medication. Currently on Actemra with premed of Solumedrol. Helped for about 10 months the medicine was increased to maximum dose. 1st down and praying for continuing relief. I hope this helps. As each medication change the SULPHASALAZINE and methotrexate has always remained as a stable medicine treatment in my plan with only one exception.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2014 3:23 AM

Review by PPRS (taken for less than 1 month):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I'm diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. Have only scalp issues and joint swellings and pain in legs, knees, ankles, hand and fingers. Got approved for Enbrel and did 2 weeks ago the first shot. All went well other than I got a cough, night sweat and high blood pressure which it controlled. The second shot gave me a small red stain after 3 days of the size of a quarter which grew to the size my hand palm within a day. My cough is like crazy and my throat itchy. Blood pressure high... I went to the doctor who told me I have to get off I'm allergic to it and a next shot could be life threatening. Benadryl did not help, I got 20 mg Prednisone and it's slightly got better with the redness and pain. I will be changed to Humira.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by Sharon-22:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Was on Methotrexate and Mobic with no relief for 5 years. Took Enbrel and had a life again. Began golfing and bowling again. That suddenly stopped about 8 months ago the fatigue is unbearable and now the swelling and pain is back.

February 11, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Texas_Carrie (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) flare presented in 2006 after a traumatic wrist injury/surgery. Enbrel did not work for 6 months and then mostly worked. Until the end of 3 yrs. Developed Polymyositis in addition to RA. Creates total weakness in the large muscle groups, balance problems, and of course depression. Taking about 20 different medicines, including steroids afterwards. No significant relief except when on steroids greater than 20mg per day. High dose of steroids for past 2 years. Just tried Rituxin infusion therapy. First drip went fine. 2nd infusion caused an allergic reaction. Back to square 1.

February 7, 2014 3:20 AM

Review by johnboy72 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have been taking Enbrel for 6 months now and I haven't looked back. The side effects have been minimal. Without Enbrel I am quite sure I would be in a wheel chair. I was getting very depressed, I couldn't live a normal life and I couldn't walk. I would shuffle around and in great pain also. I can 100% recommend Enbrel to sufferers of Ankylosing Spondylitis. I was very scared of giving myself an injection every month but the discomfort is minimal. I wouldn't care if it cost me $1000 per month it is well worth it.

November 24, 2013 11:45 PM

Review by Lsnbc:

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Tried Enbrel several years ago. Took 3 months to notice positive changes and took 6 months to feel very good. After a year of feeling good, I stopped taking it due to fear. After a year I was miserable. It again took 3 months to think I was getting better and in 6 months I felt great. Just want some people to know it isn't always a quick acting drug. Be patient. But drug makes me feel almost normal and not a person with aches and pains in dozens of places in my body

November 3, 2013 10:32 PM

Review by Vicki Australia:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Started Enbrel 6 weeks ago and after 2 years of constant pain despite taking a variety of drugs - this week I can actually walk for at least a short distance without crippling pain. The remaining discomfort I think is due to lack of strength from years of forced inactivity which is going to take time to build up but oh - the joy of no pain! So far no side effects and hopefully I can regain my life again.

October 28, 2013 3:23 AM

Review by Ali Ji (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: I couldn't walk for a year from my very very sever arthritis that my doctor keeps renaming every now and then , see the first day I was approved for enbrel I took it with methotrexate on June 1 and I took my wheelchair to university , next day in the morning I could walk again and it kept getting better and then I stoped it for like two month and I woke up one day and I couldn't walk , took my injection next day boom I could walk

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2013 5:59 AM

Review by carl2son:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 31 years. During this time, I went through all the medicines given me. They might work somewhat for a few weeks, but then would fail or the side effects were too severe. I have been on "gold" injections (5 years) and Metotroxite, and Predisone for another 5 or 6 years. Eight years ago, I went on Humira for a few months. It was helpful only for a few days and then the rest of the week was too painful. I then switched to Enbrel, at first 25 mg twice a week, and now 50 mg once a week. It has been wonderful - I still have joint soreness if I over-do, and need to take a muscle relaxer at night, but I am so much better. I worry that it may start to be less effective, but so far, I'm loving it

October 22, 2013 6:13 PM

Review by Bill , Illinois (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: took Enbrel for 3 years and it took the joint pain away but did not take swelling bags away in wrist, switched to orencia and joint pain came back so once again went back to Enbrel with no joint pain but will have to live with the swelling in wrist, also a big difference in needle pain with Enbrel verses orencia, the orencia needle was nice and sharp with no pain, the Enbrel needles seem to be dull and needs to be sharper like the orencia needles, but at least there's no longer any joint pain, thankful for that.

October 19, 2013 10:41 PM

Review by mom of many:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 57 years old. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 3 years ago. During the past 3 years I have taken a variety of medications. I was unable to tolerate Methotrexate. Presently, I take 400 mg of Plaquenil daily, Protonix once daily, and 800-1600 mg of ibuprofen daily. My rheumatologist also prescribes Prednisone tapers for flares. I've been using the Enbrel Autoinjector 50 mg once per week for about 8 weeks. Sadly, I have not experienced any relief of arthritis symptoms. Thankfully, no serious side effects either so I plan to continue with Enbrel for a few more weeks. I'm wondering how long I should wait before giving up.

October 7, 2013 5:15 PM

Review by Northdallas4 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Plaque Psoriasis: Enbrel worked fantastic with near total clearing of all psoriasis for about the first 3 years, then acceptable but less complete clearing for the next 3, and finally stopped working altogether in year 7. Self-injecting with the pre-filled syringes was easy and overall I was pleased with the medicine and no side effects.

October 6, 2013 1:51 PM

Review by Bobstrock:

For Psoriatic Arthritis: In less than a few weeks I had noticeable changes in swelling and use of my hands . I used it for over 5 years before it's effectiveness began to wane. Nothing since has worked that well.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate