User Reviews for Enbrel

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Enbrel reviews 88 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Enbrel

Review by SQSunshine (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had RA for 50 years (since 16 years old), and have been on gold injections, plaquenil, methotrexate, and now Enbrel with methotrexate. I have had multiple joint deformities, nodules and joint replacements. Each med helped at first, but then failed, except for Enbrel. Thank God for Enbrel! I have been on it for 10 years and it has allowed me to work full time, something I had previously never been able to do. I also work out at the gym every day, and am enjoying life!

March 29, 2014 8:04 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 21 and have been fighting severe rheumatoid arthritis since I was 17, spending most of the past year in bed. I've been on Enbrel 5 weeks and I've been experiencing no pain relief, just constipation and lack of sleep.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2014 2:00 AM
Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Limited improvement after 6 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2014 12:49 AM
Review by Vicki in Michigan (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 3 years. First on Methotrexate with Prednisone: got off the prednisone and went into remission after 8 months on methotrexate. Had a flare a year ago and have been fighting it ever since. I took Leflunomide, then Xeljanz and neither one worked and I was having to take 40mg of Prednisone just to handle the pain. Am now on Enbrel with prednisone; started out at 40-mg of prednisone and am now down to 10mg after 5 weeks. I am having a lot of rheumatoid arthritis nodules that started appearing during the flare, but so far since Enbrel there hasn't been any new growths appearing. Nodules are causing more pain (probably due to pressure on nerves) in my wrists then the rheumatoid arthritis in my finger joints. Hoping the Enbrel will improve my rheumatoid arthritis joint pain in my hands over time.

March 11, 2014 5:40 PM
Review by HaveitURway (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Amazing. First one I used lasted for the longest time frame. Only thing was the shots were annoying. After the Enbrel, each one I used or tried I had an allergic reaction to. About 6 different ones I finally gave into the prospect of having a premed to help accept the medication. Currently on Actemra with premed of Solumedrol. Helped for about 10 months the medicine was increased to maximum dose. 1st down and praying for continuing relief. I hope this helps. As each medication change the SULPHASALAZINE and methotrexate has always remained as a stable medicine treatment in my plan with only one exception.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 21, 2014 3:23 AM
Review by PPRS (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I'm diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. Have only scalp issues and joint swellings and pain in legs, knees, ankles, hand and fingers. Got approved for Enbrel and did 2 weeks ago the first shot. All went well other than I got a cough, night sweat and high blood pressure which it controlled. The second shot gave me a small red stain after 3 days of the size of a quarter which grew to the size my hand palm within a day. My cough is like crazy and my throat itchy. Blood pressure high... I went to the doctor who told me I have to get off I'm allergic to it and a next shot could be life threatening. Benadryl did not help, I got 20 mg Prednisone and it's slightly got better with the redness and pain. I will be changed to Humira.

February 15, 2014 11:07 AM
Review by Sharon-22: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Was on Methotrexate and Mobic with no relief for 5 years. Took Enbrel and had a life again. Began golfing and bowling again. That suddenly stopped about 8 months ago the fatigue is unbearable and now the swelling and pain is back.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 4:32 PM
Review by Texas_Carrie (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) flare presented in 2006 after a traumatic wrist injury/surgery. Enbrel did not work for 6 months and then mostly worked. Until the end of 3 yrs. Developed Polymyositis in addition to RA. Creates total weakness in the large muscle groups, balance problems, and of course depression. Taking about 20 different medicines, including steroids afterwards. No significant relief except when on steroids greater than 20mg per day. High dose of steroids for past 2 years. Just tried Rituxin infusion therapy. First drip went fine. 2nd infusion caused an allergic reaction. Back to square 1.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 7, 2014 3:20 AM
Review by johnboy72 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have been taking Enbrel for 6 months now and I haven't looked back. The side effects have been minimal. Without Enbrel I am quite sure I would be in a wheel chair. I was getting very depressed, I couldn't live a normal life and I couldn't walk. I would shuffle around and in great pain also. I can 100% recommend Enbrel to sufferers of Ankylosing Spondylitis. I was very scared of giving myself an injection every month but the discomfort is minimal. I wouldn't care if it cost me $1000 per month it is well worth it.

November 24, 2013 11:45 PM
Review by Lsnbc:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Tried Enbrel several years ago. Took 3 months to notice positive changes and took 6 months to feel very good. After a year of feeling good, I stopped taking it due to fear. After a year I was miserable. It again took 3 months to think I was getting better and in 6 months I felt great. Just want some people to know it isn't always a quick acting drug. Be patient. But drug makes me feel almost normal and not a person with aches and pains in dozens of places in my body

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 10:32 PM
Review by Vicki Australia: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Started Enbrel 6 weeks ago and after 2 years of constant pain despite taking a variety of drugs - this week I can actually walk for at least a short distance without crippling pain. The remaining discomfort I think is due to lack of strength from years of forced inactivity which is going to take time to build up but oh - the joy of no pain! So far no side effects and hopefully I can regain my life again.

October 28, 2013 3:23 AM
Review by Ali Ji (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: I couldn't walk for a year from my very very sever arthritis that my doctor keeps renaming every now and then , see the first day I was approved for enbrel I took it with methotrexate on June 1 and I took my wheelchair to university , next day in the morning I could walk again and it kept getting better and then I stoped it for like two month and I woke up one day and I couldn't walk , took my injection next day boom I could walk

October 23, 2013 5:59 AM
Review by carl2son: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had rheumatoid arthritis for 31 years. During this time, I went through all the medicines given me. They might work somewhat for a few weeks, but then would fail or the side effects were too severe. I have been on "gold" injections (5 years) and Metotroxite, and Predisone for another 5 or 6 years. Eight years ago, I went on Humira for a few months. It was helpful only for a few days and then the rest of the week was too painful. I then switched to Enbrel, at first 25 mg twice a week, and now 50 mg once a week. It has been wonderful - I still have joint soreness if I over-do, and need to take a muscle relaxer at night, but I am so much better. I worry that it may start to be less effective, but so far, I'm loving it

October 22, 2013 6:13 PM
Review by Bill , Illinois (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: took Enbrel for 3 years and it took the joint pain away but did not take swelling bags away in wrist, switched to orencia and joint pain came back so once again went back to Enbrel with no joint pain but will have to live with the swelling in wrist, also a big difference in needle pain with Enbrel verses orencia, the orencia needle was nice and sharp with no pain, the Enbrel needles seem to be dull and needs to be sharper like the orencia needles, but at least there's no longer any joint pain, thankful for that.

October 19, 2013 10:41 PM
Review by mom of many:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 57 years old. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 3 years ago. During the past 3 years I have taken a variety of medications. I was unable to tolerate Methotrexate. Presently, I take 400 mg of Plaquenil daily, Protonix once daily, and 800-1600 mg of ibuprofen daily. My rheumatologist also prescribes Prednisone tapers for flares. I've been using the Enbrel Autoinjector 50 mg once per week for about 8 weeks. Sadly, I have not experienced any relief of arthritis symptoms. Thankfully, no serious side effects either so I plan to continue with Enbrel for a few more weeks. I'm wondering how long I should wait before giving up.

October 7, 2013 5:15 PM
Review by Northdallas4 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Plaque Psoriasis: Enbrel worked fantastic with near total clearing of all psoriasis for about the first 3 years, then acceptable but less complete clearing for the next 3, and finally stopped working altogether in year 7. Self-injecting with the pre-filled syringes was easy and overall I was pleased with the medicine and no side effects.

October 6, 2013 1:51 PM
Review by Bobstrock: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: In less than a few weeks I had noticeable changes in swelling and use of my hands . I used it for over 5 years before it's effectiveness began to wane. Nothing since has worked that well.

October 5, 2013 11:04 PM
Review by Maria Rose, Fl.: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I started getting sick in August of 2008. After numerous trips to ER's, Dr.'s offices and hospitalizations, I finally got diagnosed with full skeletal rheumatoid arthritis. With it came Fibromyalgia, anemia, insomnia, depression and medicine induced diabetes. Was put on Humira for 2 years with continues Flare ups. Finally was put on Enbrel about 5 months ago and I just now am experiencing less pain and less swelling. I can even jump off the bed first thing in the morning, specially when my dog asked to be taken out. I'm only on 5mg of prednisone now, Enbrel once a week and few intakes of pain meds and muscle relaxants. I'm not sure how long will it work for me but I am thankful for the availability of the medicine and my having good insurance.

October 3, 2013 10:59 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I am 14 and I have been diagnosed with arthritis. Enbrel helped me for about a month or so but recently I have started feeling the pain again. I cannot get out of bed in the morning anymore. When I take the injections it hurts really bad.

September 22, 2013 11:36 PM
Review by Zynp (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I have got psoriatic arthritis all of my body, fingers, shoulders, knees, neck, but not on my skin. I just have a little psoriasis skin on my head. Had my first shot and within 12 hours my all pain gone. I can walk again. It's like magic.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 11, 2013 1:00 AM
Review by haggishunter (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I started just yesterday. It's 36 hours later. I feel like 200 lbs lifted off me in the last 3 hours. I can move! I'd tried Remicade...had a terrible reaction/anaphylactic reaction and it did nothing for me. So far this is a miracle, I hope this continues.

September 7, 2013 9:36 PM
Review by Karley: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: After about 7 months of weekly Enbel injections I began to experience severe psychological symptoms. I continued taking Enbrel for about five more months as my doctor didn't believe the symptoms were due to Enbrel. At this point we believed I was in remission and I was off treatment for several months. My side effects disappeared. When I had a flare up I was put back on Enbrel. The psychological side effects came back full force and many doctors saw that it was definitely a side effect of the medicine. Enbrel did wonderful things for my arthritis, but I can't take it again. My doctor has noted these symptoms in other patients.

September 6, 2013 12:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Plaque Psoriasis: I am finishing my second month of twice per week injections of Enbrel and it had worked wonders for me. I no longer have the plaque Psoriasis and I can finally wear short sleeves without being embarrassed. Going on job interviews was torture in the summer because I always wore long sleeves to hide my embarrassment of the psoriasis. Even some of my patients asked me if I was contagious because the scales got so bad. I am a nurse so giving the injections to myself was a whole lot different then giving shots to my patients. I rotate the sites around my body and have not had any site reactions. I don't think I've had any bad reactions to Enbrel and I hope I never do. As long as it keeps working I will keep taking the injections.

September 4, 2013 11:30 PM
Review by Sukhendu das (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I'm using ENBREL since last more or less than 3 years. During this time I was painless. It is stopped from last 6 months. Now I'm suffering from pains, pain has been started again after stopping it 2-3 months. As a result I feel should not stop it.

September 1, 2013 5:00 AM
Review by 8sjay: User Rating:

Enbrel (etanercept) for Psoriatic Arthritis: Enbrel worked wonderfully controlling my moderately severe psoriasis clearing it up completely. My swollen and painful hands from psoriatic arthritis quickly had no more swelling, no more pain, and the joint damage was slowed to next to nothing. The injections can burn sometimes, but the pain was worth it. I had insurance to cover it for a year and a half. It is VERY expensive at almost $500 per shot. I needed one shot per week, sometimes two. Now, I have no insurance and my Enbrel will be running out. I am so worried about the future. Without Enbrel, my life will be painful and the joint damage will quickly progress as well as severe psoriasis again!

August 30, 2013 3:43 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 Next

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here