User Reviews for Enbrel

Learn more about Enbrel.

Enbrel Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Enbrel to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

"I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis in my twenties and was on methotrexate and indomethicine as well as occasional prednisone. While the drug regime helped, my arthritis was continuing to damage joints and was really debilitating. Going on Enbrel changed everything and gave me a new lease on life. No symptoms and I'm very active. I feel like methotrexate took me to 60% and Enbrel did the rest-I have to continue to take both to get the results."

Richard A February 8, 2015

"It helped but caused me to have elevated liver enzymes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2014

"I am soooo happy. After 3 weeks my skin looks healthy and my pain is gone. I feel alive again!"

Healthagain May 28, 2014

"It gave me my life back and in the UK it's totally free."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2014

"I'm diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. Have only scalp issues and joint swellings and pain in legs, knees, ankles, hand and fingers. Got approved for Enbrel and did 2 weeks ago the first shot. All went well other than I got a cough, night sweat and high blood pressure which it controlled. The second shot gave me a small red stain after 3 days of the size of a quarter which grew to the size my hand palm within a day. My cough is like crazy and my throat itchy. Blood pressure high... I went to the doctor who told me I have to get off I'm allergic to it and a next shot could be life threatening. Benadryl did not help, I got 20 mg Prednisone and it's slightly got better with the redness and pain. I will be changed to Humira."

PPRS (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2014

"In less than a few weeks I had noticeable changes in swelling and use of my hands . I used it for over 5 years before it's effectiveness began to wane. Nothing since has worked that well."

Bobstrock October 5, 2013

"I have got psoriatic arthritis all of my body, fingers, shoulders, knees, neck, but not on my skin. I just have a little psoriasis skin on my head. Had my first shot and within 12 hours my all pain gone. I can walk again. It's like magic."

Zynp (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

"Enbrel worked wonderfully controlling my moderately severe psoriasis clearing it up completely. My swollen and painful hands from psoriatic arthritis quickly had no more swelling, no more pain, and the joint damage was slowed to next to nothing. The injections can burn sometimes, but the pain was worth it. I had insurance to cover it for a year and a half. It is VERY expensive at almost $500 per shot. I needed one shot per week, sometimes two. Now, I have no insurance and my Enbrel will be running out. I am so worried about the future. Without Enbrel, my life will be painful and the joint damage will quickly progress as well as severe psoriasis again!"

8sjay August 30, 2013

"I've been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis (although I don't get psoriasis) and have had one injection of Enbrel. It's amazing. Worked straight away. I've been on multiple NSAIDs, DMARDs, etc. for many years and this is the first thing that's worked properly. Fingers crossed it continues."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2013

"Excellent , no need to say more. Life changing for me. I am happy and don't hurt anymore. I actually have knuckles and can close my hands. I wake up not hurting, since I just have got use to the pain I did not realize how bad my condition was. You have no CHOICE if you understand. I had taken all types of pills and creams, fish oil, vitamins and none helped. Third shot 12-11-2012."

Russ Wilson (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2012

"I have been using Enbrel for almost 5 years now, but before I started on it I was almost pushed into disability because I was not able to do my job anymore, now I am about to turn 48 and I am thinking about taking up golf again, which was the first thing that I had to give up. Enbrel gave me a few more years to enjoy my life and not have to think about using a walker or worse."

C Crim April 9, 2012

"I loved it. I had taken it for almost ten years. It got the arthritis under control almost 100%, and the psoriasis was almost gone but, after ten years, the doctors tell me I have built up an immunity to it. So we try some new medicines."

Anonymous October 3, 2011

"My first injection of Enbrel caused me more pain and stiffness then I had before I used the medicine. The right side of my body and my hands hurt so much... happens to be the side I injected. NO way is this for me, it made my skin red and so painful, my joints are stiff and I have so much more pain. My scalp is much more itchy. Also gave me chills and made me feel like I had the flu. I wish I could fine something to stop the pain and my joints from getting deformed."

inpain24 September 27, 2011

"Enbrel has worked wonders...although after being on it for a year now I feel as though I have hit a bit of a plateau. My joint pain has started to re-materialize. "

Anonymous May 27, 2011

"Just started taking it and it worked almost immediately. I have hope that I can live a normal life again. Love it."

klialder January 5, 2011

"I didn't want to take enbrel when my dr. first suggested it but I did take it and am very glad I did. It has made a big difference in my life. I don't have to live with the pain of RA and the horrible itching from PA. I hope it always continues to work for me. I don't even mind the injections any more but I know that I will feel better because of it."

Anonymous November 28, 2010

"I have used Enbrel since it was approved. I like the results much better than using Methotrexate alone. The psoriasis has been reduced from moderately severe to mild."

Anonymous August 1, 2010

"I have used Enbrel for Psoriatic Arthritis ever since it was approved. I just started with Simponi a few months ago. Some of the psoriasis has returned on my scalp. I like the idea of only one injection a month but I have a feeling I'll be going back to Enbrel."

Anonymous December 15, 2009

"This drug worked like magic for me, going from not being able to dress myself, tie shoelaces or buttons to being totally mobile again within 2 doses! Also worked wonders on psoriasis, all with no outward side-effects for more than a year now! Thank you!"

mobile again October 27, 2009

"Definitely works but I am very young to have this illness and the headaches and fatigue is killing me. Not sure if I want to try something new though. It helped about 90% "most" of the time, just wondering if there is anything to make me 100% again."

Anonymous September 20, 2009

"I have been taking enbrel for over a year now. It has worked wonders on my arthritis. I have tried everything, and this is the only thing that has worked."

Anonymous March 16, 2009

"I have used Enbrel for many years and it has been a lifesaver for my psoriatic arthritis! I am not only clear of psoriasis, but it has also improved the arthritis by 90%."

Anonymous July 1, 2008