User Reviews for Lunesta

Learn more about Lunesta.

Insomnia 134 reviews 109 medications

7.2
Summary of Lunesta reviews 134 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Lunesta

For Insomnia "When I started Lunesta, I was SHOCKED by the price. 300-500 Dollars for 30 generic pills??? I don't have insurance, BTW. Then, my sister (who has 2 handicapped children and knows all the ins and outs of the medical industry) told me about a website that literally takes 4 minutes to sign up, qualify, and show you where to get your Lunesta at the biggest pharmacies in the country. I got my renewed today....the cost: $19.91 "

20DollarsFor30Pills (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Insomnia "I have been on and off ambien for 6 years. Well I decided to try lunesta 3 mg. It gave me a nasty metallic taste for a whole day. I couldn't go to sleep. It was horrible."

scarlettmple (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Insomnia "I used to take lunesta and it worked fine but I went back to ambien. Then I stopped both and my insomnia is back a year later. Personal issues. I decided to try lunesta because ambien would make me so tired I couldn't wake up in the morning. With lunesta I can wake up before my alarm clock. That's exactly what I needed. I haven't tried taking it for more than 2 months. Hopefully the effect doesn't wear off. If so I'll have to just go back to Benadryl."

Flickertheflame January 13, 2016

For Insomnia "l took this and it help me sleep because I had brain surgery to stop my seizures and all others have side effect of possibly causing seizure so I took this one. The one bad side effect was that I was alone and depressed and it made my depression worse. So don't take this if you r depressed. I was just glad my son phoned me"

epilefty (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Insomnia "I originally was prescribed 2mg, which stopped working after a few weeks. I then was upped to 3mg which worked like a charm, but then after a month or so, again stopped working. And if my sleep was interrupted it caused me to feel drunk. I still take this, but I take it now at a pill and a half. It's frustrating that tolerance builds up so quickly, but otherwise it works well if you follow exactly how to take it."

Katybwonder November 28, 2015

For Insomnia "Don't like it at all. the first time i took 1, 2mg pill, it made me sleep great. but after that, nothing. like taking a sugar pill.it also leaves this nasty copper taste on your mouth for a day or days. everything you drink and eat is bad. yuck. back to my ambien"

BILLYBOBB (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015

For Insomnia "10 days on Lunesta (generic). Not sure why doc suggested I try it, as I'd been on same low dose of ambien for 3 years, good results. Anyway, had the metallic taste, just annoying but I slept so ok. After a day or so waking up more, sleeping less. Took an extra 1/2 last night -total 4.5 mg. slept, but today all day major headaches and nausea. Not sure what to do tonight-wishing for backup benedryl. Calling doc tomorrow-will request back to ambien."

LDW29 November 20, 2015

For Insomnia "It definitely helps me go to sleep but keeping me asleep is where I run into issues. I wake up just as much as before. some morning nausea for the first few hours but other than that it is fine."

Timmmay November 14, 2015

For Insomnia "Ahhh LUNESTA! I absolutely love this stuff. I started taking it when I was put on an anti depressant that gave me severe insomnia as a side effect. That went away as my body got used to the AD, but I do get insomnia here and there and Lunesta is my drug of choice. I used to use either Benadryl or Melatonin for my occasional insomnia, however, I find Lunesta is the best at putting you in a nice peaceful sleep, and not make you too groggy in the morning. Most people criticize Lunesta for it's "metallic" taste, but I have a ridiculously simple solution: Don't let the pill touch your tongue! I fill my mouth with water first, push the pill through my closed lips, and then swallow. Never had the bad taste since doing that! Try it out!!"

Dee K (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015

For Insomnia "I just started Lunesta last night 3 mg and it did nothing for me so I took another and nothing. I have tried ambien 10mg and trazadone 500mg a and I felt like I had a cup of sugar my insomnia is really bad. Does anyone know of a really good sleep pill that actually works?"

mollyann43 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Insomnia "What you read about Lunesta's taste is so right. Lunesta is GROSS. Is took about 20 minutes for the "taste" that everyone complains about to show up. It did not help me sleep at all. I was half awake all night and when I was asleep I was having weird dreams. It's 12 hours later and every time I sip water or anything it still tastes like I chewed a tylenol or something. "Bitter" or "metallic" taste is an understatement. Did not work, tasted horrible. If I could give this back to the pharmacy I would. Back to Ambien for me."

39 in Ohio (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Insomnia "Did absolutely nothing for me. It was as if I had taken a sugar pill."

JoJo4785 (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

For Insomnia "Lunesta is now generic so the cost is low. I take 3 mg at night and sleep 7-8 hours. It's been such a godsend for me. I have terrible insomnia."

dizzylady1957 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2015

For Insomnia "Okay, the original lunesta was extremely effective, I received samples. For 330 month I couldn't get prescription. So years later they have a generic version. I got a months worth for 111$$. At 3 mg nothing......so I try 6mg.....nothing no bad or good to report! These pills are FRAUD!!!! I'm well accustomed to meds and the generic I took did nothing. I'd get more effect from sugar pill!! I'm getting this so others can see not all generics are equal. There are various companys. I didn't know this, so if you suspect your med isn't up to particular like it used to be.....check the maker!! I'm very upset about this. I'm out $111 for the month for a fake pill made by the company"

Reality generics September 23, 2015

For Insomnia "To be honest Lunesta has never worked for me. "

Clgly September 9, 2015

For Insomnia "Amazingly effective. Leaves me calm during the day as well. Great sleep with no side effects."

Mary O. August 28, 2015

For Insomnia "Well, Had an interaction with celexa and caused ocular migraines. Scared the hell out of me I though I had a stroke or brain aneurysm. Complete blindness in my right eye, that thank god came back gradually over a week. And when it did on bits of the ocular field would come in all statically. Trial and error, I tried it off and on twice over a month with the exact same out come."

TJ King (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

For Insomnia "Lunesta is helpful because it promotes a gentle rest state. I had changed from Ambian,which at times caused me to be cranky and jumpy.Lunesta will take some time in the evening to work,but I found some good sleep with this. Make sure you are monitored by your MD,Keep meds away from children and pets.If Lunesta is used responsibly it can be a good med for bad insomnia"

sleeplessinsuburbia (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

For Insomnia "Started ambein. Took for years. I built a tolorence. Now on lunesta at 3mg. Worked for about a month and now I am back to sleepless nights :("

sleepless in greenville July 26, 2015

For Insomnia "Works pretty well after using it for several years. Works best on a totally empty stomach. Have had a glass of wine after taking 3 mg and for some reason it doesn't work as well for me. I wake up after only a couple of hours. All in all, I think it works great. I don't have the memory loss that I sometimes experience with Ambien."

Labnightshift (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2015

For Insomnia "I took imovane for 2 months earlier this year to help with insomnia caused by anxiety from a health scare. It worked great in putting me to sleep in minimal time. The taste wasn't ideal but not a big issue, and I had no other side effects. But on stopping my underlying anxiety increased. I recommend it more for occasional use to avoid psychological dependancy."

mizzy83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2015

For Insomnia ""Wow"!! That pretty well sums it up. I have been an Ambien user for the past few years. As much as I hate to admit it I found myself abusing the medication. Even worse yet, I was sleep walking & sleep cooking almost every night with huge holes in my memory. I asked my doctor for a sample of Lunesta yesterday. He gave me the 3mg right from the start. The nasty taste hit my mouth within the first 15 minutes of taking it. I woke up 2x during the night due to an alarm on my dryer, but was able to fall right back to sleep. I did wake up with a horrible headache. Not sure if it was from the Lunesta or not. I will try again tonight and see what happens. I to would give this medication a 10 if it were not fo the nasty taste."

Katie H (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Insomnia "I took my 2nd Lunesta last night. It was the first time that I have slept through the night in over 5 years. And it was a good, pleasant, restful sleep. I was so happy this morning that I teared up. The horrendous metallic taste that lasted 15 hrs kept it from a 10. However, taking the pill with 24oz of water helped tremendously. After years of waking at 2am for hours at a time, I started Ambien but that didn't help so I moved to Ambien CR. I still woke up several times a night (2-4x), ate some crazy concoction but went right back to sleep. I was happy with that improvement. Due to insurance changes, I was thankfully forced to find another sleep medication. In hindsight, Ambien CR sleep was angry, forced, stressful."

Michelle102571 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Insomnia "I needed this to travel. In the past ambien and sonata did not work for me. Now I can look forward to my trips. Will take the bitter taste anytime, for a good nights sleep."

aprilr (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Insomnia "Helped to fall asleep, but woke up after 1-2 hours. Tried it for 2 weeks."

Hav1 April 3, 2015