User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Atrophic Urethritis 2 reviews 91 medications

Hypoestrogenism 4 reviews 81 medications

8.8
Atrophic Vaginitis 29 reviews 91 medications

8.2
Summary of Estradiol reviews 35 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Estradiol

Review by Leyaleo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: At 46, I began having UTI's, urinary frequency/urgency, and burning vaginal dryness. I was prescribed Estrace, but the standard formula caused me burning as well. However, a compounded version of estradiol in a hypoallergenic formula has been very helpful. My vaginal burning has stopped, and the urinary urgency/frequency has improved dramatically over the last 2+ months. I think Estrace can be very helpful, and if you're sensitive to it (the propylene glycol can be an irritant), a compounded version can be extremely helpful.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by dragon4:

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: completely stopped vaginal dryness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2014 6:57 PM

Review by Tennessee gal (taken for less than 1 month):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I'm 48 years old, and my Doctor has recently prescribed me Estrace Vaginal Creme because intercourse was becoming unbearable. Very painful and I was tearing! Geez! So far, the vaginal pain and dryness seems to be decreasing, as I've been only using the creme for the past month. I have no side effects at all so far. That's a good thing! However, I do find the creme very expensive!

May 15, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Mrs. Flaming.:

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: My doctor gave me this cream for my vaginal dryness and pain and burning when I urinate. I'm 47 years old I don't have my period since this January, and started with the terrible dry vagina symptoms. I just started using the cream so far I haven't noticed the bad side effects yet and I hope I won't have it. I noticed when I urinate that the burning sensation is less. This morning when I woke up I feel my vagina less dry, but half of the day the dryness came back. I hope the more time I used the cream the symptoms of dry vagina go completely. I have avoided having sex with my husband because I'm afraid is going to hurt more. I'm very motivated reading the reviews I read before and maybe I can return to enjoy sex again.

April 4, 2014 6:54 PM

Review by kappin:

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: Vagifem truly changed my life. Intercourse was almost impossible for me before my doctor prescribed Vagifem. Intercourse felt like knives in my vagina and my tissues were so dry,raw, and painful that I was in constant pain. I have been using it now for about a month and the difference is unbelievable. No more pain or irritation. No side effects so far.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2014 5:15 PM

Review by GoGirl62:

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: No side effects and saw an immediate improvement, as well as a more peaceful state of mind, which may or may not be in my head, but I don't care. I felt great taking this medication, and it helped with the painful entry/sex that I was experiencing. Now, no problems!

February 17, 2014 11:44 AM

Review by Flashesgone (taken for less than 1 month):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: Having severe hot flashes day and night my doctor prescribed Estrace within 2 days the hot flashes have disappeared it was amazing. I wished I had it months ago. No side effects use twice a week.

January 30, 2014 1:56 AM

Review by MOLAI (taken for less than 1 month):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: Estrace was prescribed for urinary urgency and has worked very well indeed.

January 7, 2014 10:19 PM

Review by Working Great (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I've had phenomenal experience with the Estring. My boyfriend refills the prescription, and he remembers when it is time to change it. I do worry about the belly fat, I did not know it was related to the Estring.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2013 10:39 PM

Review by denah:

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I am 50 yrs old and post menopausal - basically in full menopause.. I was prescribed this cream for thinning of the vaginal wall. I had increased urinary tract infections. I believe it helps with my libido which had dropped to zero! I hope this review helps. I didn't have dryness or pain with intercourse. My urologist prescribed it for me. It is really great to have doctors who "KNOW" what we are going through as females.

November 18, 2013 6:15 PM

Review by MrsWil9:

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: It's been working great but been having rapid heart rate on occasions with some migraine. Wondering could it be from the Estring ?? been on it for a few weeks and now I will inform my doctor may be it doesn't work well with my other medication I'm on. Hope it just my body need to adjust to it. It serve it purpose very well.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2013 2:50 AM

Review by letmepost654 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I'm 65 and had ovaries removed 11 years ago, along with uterus and cervix. Since that, I have almost no sex drive and intercourse was super painful. Estrace vaginal cream really helps, and I only have to use a pea sized dab every other day. Just using a finger to apply at bedtime works great. It seems to me that the dire warnings about using estrogens is misleading since no studies have been done on just vaginal estradiol rather than on oral estrogen, and much higher doses are still prescribed than are needed for maintenance. Without Estrace vaginal cream, intercourse would be impossible and husband would be very unhappy.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2013 12:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: Soreness is gone. It makes me feel like a new woman again. And I have no side effects that I know of from it. But it is expensive.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2013 9:49 PM

Review by Jlady:

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I'm 71 years old. The tearing and associated pain started a few months ago. Just hoped it would go away but it did not. I would not let my husband touch me. Spoke with 2 doctors I know and they said its normal but Estrace would help. It did. My prescription is dated 3/7/2013. Within 10 days the tearing stopped and all was healed. Use 1 gram 3 X a week. Nothing bad has happened. My libido near immediately was through the roof. I am amazed and nobody needs to try and take this medicine away from me! I'm loving it and my husband is happy too. Yes, my age up there is right.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by grets:

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: Doc gave me samples of Estrace cream 2 weeks ago. I use 2 x per week for dryness and help restore thinning vaginal lining (prolapse problems). Noticed right away more hair loss the day after I use it. I was told this would not affect me in any way and only work locally in the vagina. I can't afford to lose more hair. I'm going to watch it and try a couple more times and if I notice hair loss continues I'll stop. I also use an all natural menopause cream (just started last month) has estrogen and progesterone from all natural sources. It seemed to be helping hair loss and all around symptoms. My first time on hormone treatment after my total hysterectomy seven years ago.

March 22, 2013 10:07 AM

Review by GreatExperience:

Estring (estradiol) for : I had intercourse for the first time with my partner after inserting the Estring. I was well lubricated but was a little irritated during and afterwards. It even burned a little when I urinated afterwards. Hopefully, this will be a one-time experience. I'm contemplating removing the Estring the next time.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2012 11:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: It works for me, my insurance does cover some of it but since it is not generic I have to pay almost the whole thing..

August 19, 2012 1:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for : Too expensive.

July 24, 2012 10:56 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: At first I didn't have any side effects but the longer I have taken this medication I have been experiencing headaches. I never used to get headaches before and I have had bloating in my abdominal area.

May 6, 2012 6:22 PM

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: Vagifem greatly helps me with my atrophic vagnitis. I was having extreme burning and pain. I only wish I did not have to take this the rest of my life like my doctor advised me. The mediciation sometimes gives me a slight headache.

February 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Review by MQB2:

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I am a 57 year female, who started using Estrace for vaginal dryness, painful intercourse and almost immediately noticed falling hair. I asked my doctor who assured me that it would never cause hair loss. After 3 months my hair was so thin that a rubber band no longer stays put. I quit Estrace almost 2 months ago and the hair continues to fall.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2011 12:08 PM

Review by bicyclingemily:

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: I am a 50 year old woman who started menopause around 37. I've been prescribed this cream and did well on it, but if I stop taking it, I tend to go back to having vaginal dryness. My main concern is that I've never been bigger than a size 8 and now I can hardly fit into a 10. I think it's caused weight gain and if I stop taking it, the weight does not go away. Has anyone else experienced this?

October 7, 2011 5:25 PM

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for : I am 54 year old and postmenopausal, and have been using Estrace cream 1mg every night, for about a month for vaginal dryness. All of sudden I am experiencing itching and burning. I wonder I have an infection from this cream.

September 14, 2011 7:35 PM

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I am 59 and postmenopausal. Started using the Estrace cream yesterday. I have other health issues (Licken sclerosis) which are bothersome. The cream almost instantly increased my libido and relieved the dryness. I am prescribed 1/2 gram intravaginally once to twice weekly. I hope it continues to help my condition.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2011 11:53 AM

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: I am 54 years old and have been using the Estrace vaginal cream for two months. It has improved my vaginal dryness considerably.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2011 2:04 PM