User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem

Learn more about Estradiol.

Hypoestrogenism 5 reviews 81 medications

Atrophic Vaginitis 35 reviews 91 medications

8.1
Atrophic Urethritis 4 reviews 91 medications

Summary of Estradiol reviews 44 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Estradiol

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for : "I had one area inside my labia that bothered me after sex. The dr said he thought it was Lichen. He gave me a sample of Estrace cream. I only massaged a small amount in the affected area. It took a few days for the discomfort to fade. After a week I noticed that my labia was tighter, not so flabby. My libido increased too. I wish I could bathe in this! It's a "facelift" for your vagina."

India Anne June 1, 2015

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I stopped using Estring after the first 3 month ring. I gained 10 lbs during those 3 months. My hot flashes returned and I still had pain during intercourse. I regret ever trying it. I wish I had my $150.00 back!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Rootsgal, they generally say it takes 3-6 months to have full effects. It takes time to rebuild the vaginal tissues."

Angel47 April 30, 2015

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "I had a complete hysterectomy over 6 years ago. It has been a real battle trying to regulate my hormones. Testosterone pellets helped some but not worth the beard that comes with it. I don't know what is in this exactly but it has done wonders for my libido. My husband wants to make sure I never run out..."

Yorkie Lover (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2015

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I started taking Mimvy for severe hot flashes and it helped right away. About 2 years later, I started feeling stinging, after sex when I peed. I am 54 in menopause. It, did not get better using the Vag Fem pill, so I called back, once the dose was almost out. I was then prescribed Estrace, and I have been using it for about (3) weeks. We finally had sex, and it was a tiny bit better, but I felt like "the walls", are as thin as a balloon. Really painful throbbing afterwards. Does it take a certain amount of time, to achieve the best result? My OBGYN never said anything about any "length of time". Overall, I am about 20% better."

RootsGal March 24, 2015

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "USE IT OR LOOSE IT. Was prescribed Esctrace cream for dryness & painful sex. once a day for 2/weeks, then twice a week. 10 days and dramatic improvement. Here is the deal; waiting for 2 weeks before attempting sex. After 5 days I was able to do it with no problem. Not really enjoyable, but not painful at all. Best time was first in morning for a couple of minutes But if morning not an option, then a couple of minutes at night. but before inserting the cream so you don't accidentally take it all out."

Lola1964 January 30, 2015

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I have been using Vagifem 10mcg for 8-9 months and I just switched to Estrace vaginal cream 1gr. Vagifem kept my vagina healthy but the estrogen doesn't reach the external genital area which remains dry. With cream I'm able to use it in the vagina but I spread a little extra on the outside."

Cream is better November 28, 2014

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "No change in urinary frequency or urgency."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2014

Vagifem (estradiol) for : "This medicine helped my dryness greatly and I can once again enjoy great sexual relations, However, being a migraine sufferer to begin with, this medicine has really magnified my headaches and the number I get each month. I would love to continue using it for the effectiveness, but can't be nonfunctional due to the number of and severeness of my migraines."

old age?dryness (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Just posting an update from my last post a few months ago. The hypoallergenic estradiol (basically, a compounded version of Estrace from a compounding pharmacy) continues to be very effective for me - relieving vaginal burning/pain and urinary urgency/frequency. For women out there suffering those issues in perimenopause (when it hit me), know that it was suggested that I had interstitial cystitis and that I was off-base when I told doctors I was reacting badly to propylene glycol and glycerin, ingredients in many vaginal products. The compounded version of Estrace has been SO helpful for me and after many painful, difficult months, I feel myself again. "

Leyaleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2014

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "For the past 2 years I have suffered terribly with incontinence. A month ago I decided to go to the doctor and she prescribed Vagifem. It was an instantaneous result. I can even jog now without any leaking. It has changed my life. The only negative thing I find is that I gained 2kg or it can be water retention. But not having incontinence outweighs the water retention/weight gain."

dee1702 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2014

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "At 46, I began having UTI's, urinary frequency/urgency, and burning vaginal dryness. I was prescribed Estrace, but the standard formula caused me burning as well. However, a compounded version of estradiol in a hypoallergenic formula has been very helpful. My vaginal burning has stopped, and the urinary urgency/frequency has improved dramatically over the last 2+ months. I think Estrace can be very helpful, and if you're sensitive to it (the propylene glycol can be an irritant), a compounded version can be extremely helpful."

Leyaleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2014

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "completely stopped vaginal dryness."

dragon4 May 21, 2014

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I'm 48 years old, and my Doctor has recently prescribed me Estrace Vaginal Creme because intercourse was becoming unbearable. Very painful and I was tearing! Geez! So far, the vaginal pain and dryness seems to be decreasing, as I've been only using the creme for the past month. I have no side effects at all so far. That's a good thing! However, I do find the creme very expensive!"

Tennessee gal (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "My doctor gave me this cream for my vaginal dryness and pain and burning when I urinate. I'm 47 years old I don't have my period since this January, and started with the terrible dry vagina symptoms. I just started using the cream so far I haven't noticed the bad side effects yet and I hope I won't have it. I noticed when I urinate that the burning sensation is less. This morning when I woke up I feel my vagina less dry, but half of the day the dryness came back. I hope the more time I used the cream the symptoms of dry vagina go completely. I have avoided having sex with my husband because I'm afraid is going to hurt more. I'm very motivated reading the reviews I read before and maybe I can return to enjoy sex again."

Mrs. Flaming. April 4, 2014

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Vagifem truly changed my life. Intercourse was almost impossible for me before my doctor prescribed Vagifem. Intercourse felt like knives in my vagina and my tissues were so dry,raw, and painful that I was in constant pain. I have been using it now for about a month and the difference is unbelievable. No more pain or irritation. No side effects so far."

kappin March 31, 2014

Vagifem (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "No side effects and saw an immediate improvement, as well as a more peaceful state of mind, which may or may not be in my head, but I don't care. I felt great taking this medication, and it helped with the painful entry/sex that I was experiencing. Now, no problems!"

GoGirl62 February 17, 2014

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "Having severe hot flashes day and night my doctor prescribed Estrace within 2 days the hot flashes have disappeared it was amazing. I wished I had it months ago. No side effects use twice a week."

Flashesgone (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2014

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Urethritis: "Estrace was prescribed for urinary urgency and has worked very well indeed."

MOLAI (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2014

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I've had phenomenal experience with the Estring. My boyfriend refills the prescription, and he remembers when it is time to change it. I do worry about the belly fat, I did not know it was related to the Estring. "

Working Great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2013

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I am 50 yrs old and post menopausal - basically in full menopause.. I was prescribed this cream for thinning of the vaginal wall. I had increased urinary tract infections. I believe it helps with my libido which had dropped to zero! I hope this review helps. I didn't have dryness or pain with intercourse. My urologist prescribed it for me. It is really great to have doctors who "KNOW" what we are going through as females."

denah November 18, 2013

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Estring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "It's been working great but been having rapid heart rate on occasions with some migraine. Wondering could it be from the Estring ?? been on it for a few weeks and now I will inform my doctor may be it doesn't work well with my other medication I'm on. Hope it just my body need to adjust to it. It serve it purpose very well."

MrsWil9 September 16, 2013

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I'm 65 and had ovaries removed 11 years ago, along with uterus and cervix. Since that, I have almost no sex drive and intercourse was super painful. Estrace vaginal cream really helps, and I only have to use a pea sized dab every other day. Just using a finger to apply at bedtime works great. It seems to me that the dire warnings about using estrogens is misleading since no studies have been done on just vaginal estradiol rather than on oral estrogen, and much higher doses are still prescribed than are needed for maintenance. Without Estrace vaginal cream, intercourse would be impossible and husband would be very unhappy. "

letmepost654 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 16, 2013

197 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Soreness is gone. It makes me feel like a new woman again. And I have no side effects that I know of from it. But it is expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Estrace Vaginal Cream (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I'm 71 years old. The tearing and associated pain started a few months ago. Just hoped it would go away but it did not. I would not let my husband touch me. Spoke with 2 doctors I know and they said its normal but Estrace would help. It did. My prescription is dated 3/7/2013. Within 10 days the tearing stopped and all was healed. Use 1 gram 3 X a week. Nothing bad has happened. My libido near immediately was through the roof. I am amazed and nobody needs to try and take this medicine away from me! I'm loving it and my husband is happy too. Yes, my age up there is right."

Jlady May 28, 2013

213 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate