User Reviews for Activella

Learn more about Activella.

Postmenopausal Symptoms 5 reviews 193 medications

8.6
Atrophic Urethritis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Atrophic Vaginitis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypoestrogenism 0 reviews 81 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Activella reviews 5 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Activella

Review by Diako:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I had experienced almost nonstop hot flashes for 3 years before asking my Dr. for help. I was a mess. I am on the lowest dose of this medication and it has been a life saver for me. Hot flashes gone, most of the irritability has gone away. I feel like my old self. It took about 3 weeks to notice the difference and have been taking it for 6 months now. I will have occasional breast pain, but it is nothing serious just a twinge. Well worth the relief!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2014 8:11 AM

Review by DrRiff (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I was prescribed this medicine for intractable migraines that seemed to be associated with decreased estrogen and for awful night sweats and insomnia. The migraines almost completely disappeared, and are now stopped with 50 mg Imitrex (that had previously gotten to the point where nothing stopped them). The nights sweats and insomnia completely stopped.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2013 10:16 AM

Review by Creston:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: I have been taking Activella for 4 months now. It immediately alleviated hot flashing and anxiety/nervousness/irritability. However, I think it is beginning to cause headaches. I've also had scalp acne which started when I was taking a generic form of Activella, but seems to be clearing now that I'm taking the actual brand name of the drug. Also, have noticed I am more emotional (tear up in a second) on this medicine. In the last month or so, I have become increasingly clumsy, dropping things I'm holding. Will update on this in 2 months.

August 21, 2011 11:09 AM

Review by Marie G.:

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: Hot flashes were relieved; however I suddenly (never before experienced) a migraine with some nausea after 2 months on this medicine. I used ES Tylenol and felt better in 3 hours. Since this is the only medication I was taking and my overall health is very good, I decided to reduce the dosage by taking the medication every other day. The hot flashes were still relieved and this half dosage was for one month. Last week I suffered another migraine and vomiting and was under the weather for an entire day. I have decided to go off the medication completely.

December 27, 2010 2:59 PM

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: This works great.

August 17, 2008 12:33 AM