User Reviews for Nexium

GERD 57 reviews 207 medications

8.5
Erosive Esophagitis 4 reviews 111 medications

8.1
Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nexium reviews 76 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Nexium

For GERD "I had excess acid all of my life including as a child. As an adult I was miserable because all of my friends and family could eat anything at any time. I often would sit up in bed for hours trying to sleep. I tried everything, then my doctor put me on Nexium. I has been heaven. I eat normally. I sleep normally. I don't hurt, belch, and/or throw up any more. No side effects after over two years. Love this stuff."

Anonymous February 20, 2010

For GERD "Excessive eating of chocolates and other sweets can lead me to have a sore throat. I asked my friend what to take and so she adviced me to take nexium. After a week of taking this medicine, my sore throat was gone. It was so amazing. I just love it!"

LOrina January 28, 2010

For GERD "I originally took this for three months a year ago. It worked great during the time with minimal side effects. Went off of it with no problem and had no heartburn for quite a long time. When I had an acid reflux episode last fall, I took it for about a week, where all these weird side effects happened. Developed lower right back pain, joints kept cracking when moving, and the occasional stomach pain in the lower left abdomen. Am disappointed since it was the only thing that really helped my reflux."

Anonymous January 25, 2010

For GERD "I was ticked at first when TRICARE Prime refused to pay for the Nexium I had been prescribed when on Active Duty. Tried the VA too and they said no too. VA prescribed omeprazole and after two weeks of 40mg/day taken before two meals, I'm fine! No reflux. OK so far. Good because I like saving money."

MarcO2 January 11, 2010

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Being on this medicine for the first 5 days was hard, felt sicker then ever with symptoms of mild diarrhea, some hives, worst nausea, fatigue. This started to improve day 6. After being on it for a week am almost back to normal. Felt like the drugs had to work on the H.Pylori, then the body had to work on getting the drug out of the body."

hpylori December 1, 2009

For GERD "Took this a year ago for about 3 months, and seemed to work for the most part. Just had a little bit of stomach 'pain' due to the PPI's being blocked. Went off after that duration and had few issues. Later, I was on it for two weeks and it gave me strange side effects like lower abdominal aches in the back, a 'butterfly in the stomach' sensation that would not go away to the point where I would get 'attacks'. In the future, I'll only use this medicine for a week or so in case I really need it."

Anonymous November 30, 2009

For Erosive Esophagitis "Always works!! But I make sure I am not dependent on it. I use it after a pause of 3 months. Nexium has a acid rebound effect once stopped abruptly. If you bear this, it will disappear in 2 - 3 days."

Anonymous October 12, 2009

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "This medicine works very well for me. I highly recommend it, as it dramatically reduces the amount of acid in my stomach after a gastric ulcer bleed, which after being repaired, I do NOT want to experience that pain again."

Anonymous September 7, 2009

For GERD "I thought it was working until I developed severe stomach cramps that wouldn't go away. Got scoped and discovered I had fairly severe damage to the esophagus which had reduced the efficiency of swallowing down to 10%. Don't assume the medication is working unless you get checked. They switched me to omeprazole. "

Anonymous September 2, 2009

"It has been great for treating the stomach ulcers but my insurance will only pay for 90 days in a 6 month period."

Anonymous August 21, 2009

For GERD "I had severe dyspepsia. Fantastic results even taking one pill every 2-3 days, until 3-4 weeks in I began having diarrhea. "

Anonymous August 12, 2009

For GERD "The Purple Pill really does provide 24 hour heartburn relief!"

RussK July 31, 2009

For GERD "Nexium seemed to be the answer for the first 3 years but lately it has fallen short and all the pain has returned with vengeance. There always was the side effects of headaches, gas and elevated blood pressure."

Anonymous June 18, 2009

For GERD "After using Nexium for many years, I have abdominal pain and lots of wind and constant diarrhea. Loperamide did not control this. Now I am on a strict no carbohydrate, no dairy and no caffeine diet. It is working at this time, June 2009."

Anonymous June 1, 2009

For GERD "This drug is incredible. I had trouble every time I drank orange juice or lemonade. When I take Nexium I can drink both without pain. It's wonderful."

Anonymous April 30, 2009

For GERD "I started taking Nexium about 10 days ago and had instant relief."

Anonymous April 26, 2009

For GERD "I have used Nexium for 3 years because it is the only cure for gastroesophageal reflux disease. I have tried all the other drugs and non of them even provide 50% relief. Nexium is a gift from God."

dazzdave February 4, 2009

For GERD "Nexium worked great for me too. After two years of use I developed high blood pressure. Maybe related to Nexium (known rare side effect) or maybe not. Stopping the drug seems not possible. Heartburn comes back, and it is very severe. "

nexium addict February 2, 2009

For GERD "This medicine is wonderful!"

Anonymous January 28, 2009

For GERD "I have tried everything to ease the pain and discomfort of acid reflux. Then I was introduced to the "purple pill", Nexium, about three years ago and to my total surprise it worked. So now I'm a "firm believer" in the product. I'm very, very satisfied. Thank you Nexium!"

msladyluck January 10, 2009

For GERD "One word. Wonderful!"

Anonymous October 5, 2008

For GERD "It works great, but is expensive."

Anonymous August 28, 2008

For GERD "Excellent as long as I take it regularly. If I miss a dose I have heartburn right away. I wish there were some extended release form of this drug."

Anonymous June 19, 2008

For GERD "I have very severe acid refulx with esophagal ulcers. I have tried tons of other medications and this is the only one that has given me relief without needing to supplement with antiacids! I do experience headaches as a side effect but they are mild and worth the relief."

Anonymous May 29, 2008

For Erosive Esophagitis "nexium has been a Godsend for me, my acid reflux is gone. I can eat,go to bed, and not have any pain, the only side=effect I have had is a dull abdominal pain."

Anonymous May 22, 2008