User Reviews for Nexium

GERD 58 reviews 207 medications

8.5
Erosive Esophagitis 5 reviews 111 medications

8.2
Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nexium reviews 78 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Nexium

For GERD "Little to no heartburn after taking Nexium for 3 days now but high blood pressure, tingly cramps in my stomach that bring me to the verge of throwing up, light headache, difficulty sleeping, throats constrictive. Not sure if I can keep taking Nexium."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2012

For GERD "I started with really bad nausea and sick to my stomach when I went to my GI doctor I was diagnosed with due densities and chronic gastritis. I was so sick with nausea twenty four seven I literally felt like I was going to die. I actually told my GI to prescribe me Nexium 40 mg. My GI was hesitant but I insisted took it for a about a month and half and on my second endoscopy my chronic gastritis had gone down to mild gastritis and the nausea is almost gone. Nexium really helped me I don't know about the side effects since I took it at night. But the nausea was still persistent it's just now going away. I can tell you this is one of the best medicines. Stops the acid production by 95 percent something I had to find out on my own. Good luck."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2012

For GERD "Very effective. No heartburn or difficulty swallowing, or other symptoms during therapy."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2012

For GERD "Nexium was moderately effective at reducing my GERD symptoms, but the side effects made it not worth taking. I had trouble sleeping, felt very lethargic and fatigued, found it difficult to think through complex problems (which, in my job, is a serious concern). I felt constantly run-down and had no energy, but could not get a good night's sleep."

Anonymous February 27, 2012

For GERD "I am selecting GERD only because I can't get a correct diagnosis. Been taking Prilosec, Prevacid etc with no help, symptoms include pain that mimicked heart attack, anything I eat feels "Stuck" halfway down esophagus, vomiting almost everything I eat or drink, night time is a horror; acid runs right up into nose and vomit 4-5 times per night Nexium almost immediately stopped all symptoms with no side effects I'm not a Doctor but all I can say is it has been a miracle for me"

tomas090 February 17, 2012

For Barrett's Esophagus "I had been taking Nexium for about the last 10 years. While taking it, I had no problems at all. Prior to taking Nexium, I had difficulties with acid reflux even from something so simple as eating a slice of bread."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

For GERD "I have had GERD since I was 19 years. For some reason I eat Ketchup with everything. I am 31 now. I've use Nexium in the past and my acid reflux always went away. Recently I've had upper back pains, cold chills, stomach and heart burns and the worse belly pain ever after I ate. The doctor sent me for a blood test which came back negative for any infections. I was placed on Nexium. Within 2 days I felt much better. I would recommend this for anyone. Wish I tried it before I did the ultrasound of my kidney, liver and gallbladder together with a chest x ray. I guess you got to pay a high price for a good product like Nexium. But I don't mind. I feel much better now."

Anonymous February 12, 2012

For GERD "It worked great but made me really dizzy. Has anyone experienced this?"

Anonymous January 31, 2012

"I had two instances of stomach pain last year. I was administered Gas X and subsequently I was put on Nexium. After taking Nexium for 60 days I get relief but if I don't control diet I feel like having stomach pain again two months after discontinuing Nexium. I have gallstones. Nexium seems to work well to ward off stomach pain. "

Anonymous January 27, 2012

For GERD "Over the years I have taken it "as needed". I try to control the acid reflux by watching what I eat. Mayo, Chocolate, mints, tomato sauces really set it off. Sometimes I forget. I try to take it as infrequently as possible because I have heard it may be responsible for decreasing bone density (I"m 69) and there may be other side effects. I was averaging one every 4-5 days. If I'm very careful can go longer, but sometimes I want to splurge. Today I refilled a prescription and noticed it was for "DR" delayed release. Anxious to see if there is any difference."

mygerd December 17, 2011

For Erosive Esophagitis "This has been wonderful for me. No more excessive belching and burning and the pain in my chest has almost gone with the first treatment. I'm not scared to eat some of my favorite foods anymore."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

For GERD "Why wasn't I given this sooner."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Best for curing H. pylori "Nexium 20mg" half hour before breakfast and half hour before dinner also my doctor suggested me to use Frisium only at night time before sleep. Within 2 days I start feeling better and I used it for 1 month but Frisium I only took for one week."

sajjad August 10, 2011

For GERD "It is the only medicine for reflux that works for me. Right now I am on a different medicine because my insurance won't pay for it and I even have trouble eating basic foods (with a good reflux medicine you should only have problems when you make a really wrong food choice; not normal food at normal times). The same insurance has paid for it for 3 years and now I since the end of June, I have been having to go through too much red tape to get Nexium, that works for me."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

For GERD "Worked great now I am forced to take something else because my new insurance will NOT cover it at all."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "It helps so much. Before this, my life was miserable with the morning nausea then vomiting tons of acid straight from the stomach. It is not a way to live. We need to be grateful we have resources such as Nexium and other options to help and to treat these conditions. I know for sure in my case!"

GERDGAL May 20, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Was given Nexium after my H. pylori infection. Worked very well in healing my stomach, but I had to take it everyday for a number of years."

chromebags May 15, 2011

For GERD "This medication worked great, but insurance doesn't cover, can't afford anymore. Too bad now have to take something else."

maneysm April 14, 2011

For GERD "Nexium is great. Pantoprazole (Protonix) also works just as good."

choctawokie April 10, 2011

For GERD "After 3 days on Nexium my reflux is completely gone. But I now have nausea, body aches, constant mild headache, rash, tiredness, dizziness and worst ever stomach cramps."

Jeremy S February 17, 2011

For Barrett's Esophagus "I have been on Nexium for at least 3-4 years. It did take a change in medicine to two pills a day, but I have not changed my diet like I should have. Nexium cured my Barrett's and I am on a 2 year endoscopy check now so I love it."

Megala57 January 2, 2011

For GERD "I have been taking Nexium every morning for a few years now and I never get Heartburn. I can eat and drink anything that would usually cause Heartburn past."

len_d77 June 11, 2010

For Barrett's Esophagus "I was diagnosed with Barrett's about 3 years ago and went on Nexium. I take 1 x 40mg pill a day. A year ago I had a gastroscopy and my Barrett's was gone. I will continue to have a scopy every two years to monitor it. I will probably be on it forever. I have no side effects from taking it either."

Anonymous June 4, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For GERD "I have taken NEXIUM for about 10 yrs. It works so good! Though the last 6 months I have used tums also. But the insurance says it isn't for acid reflux and won't let me have any more. Having a lot of trouble finding something that works! I want my Nexium back, it hurts so bad all of the time, even just a glass of water makes me hurt."

Anonymous May 15, 2010

For GERD "I started taking Nexium for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Found it helped keeping Rosacea under control. What a wonderful "side-effect""

MonteKat April 21, 2010