User Reviews for Nexium

GERD 52 reviews 208 medications

8.6
Erosive Esophagitis 4 reviews 111 medications

8.1
Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nexium reviews 71 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Nexium

For GERD "It worked great but made me really dizzy. Has anyone experienced this?"

Anonymous January 31, 2012

"I had two instances of stomach pain last year. I was administered Gas X and subsequently I was put on Nexium. After taking Nexium for 60 days I get relief but if I don't control diet I feel like having stomach pain again two months after discontinuing Nexium. I have gallstones. Nexium seems to work well to ward off stomach pain. "

Anonymous January 27, 2012

For GERD "Over the years I have taken it "as needed". I try to control the acid reflux by watching what I eat. Mayo, Chocolate, mints, tomato sauces really set it off. Sometimes I forget. I try to take it as infrequently as possible because I have heard it may be responsible for decreasing bone density (I"m 69) and there may be other side effects. I was averaging one every 4-5 days. If I'm very careful can go longer, but sometimes I want to splurge. Today I refilled a prescription and noticed it was for "DR" delayed release. Anxious to see if there is any difference."

mygerd December 17, 2011

For Erosive Esophagitis "This has been wonderful for me. No more excessive belching and burning and the pain in my chest has almost gone with the first treatment. I'm not scared to eat some of my favorite foods anymore."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

For GERD "Why wasn't I given this sooner."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Best for curing H. pylori "Nexium 20mg" half hour before breakfast and half hour before dinner also my doctor suggested me to use Frisium only at night time before sleep. Within 2 days I start feeling better and I used it for 1 month but Frisium I only took for one week."

sajjad August 10, 2011

For GERD "It is the only medicine for reflux that works for me. Right now I am on a different medicine because my insurance won't pay for it and I even have trouble eating basic foods (with a good reflux medicine you should only have problems when you make a really wrong food choice; not normal food at normal times). The same insurance has paid for it for 3 years and now I since the end of June, I have been having to go through too much red tape to get Nexium, that works for me."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

For GERD "Worked great now I am forced to take something else because my new insurance will NOT cover it at all."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "It helps so much. Before this, my life was miserable with the morning nausea then vomiting tons of acid straight from the stomach. It is not a way to live. We need to be grateful we have resources such as Nexium and other options to help and to treat these conditions. I know for sure in my case!"

GERDGAL May 20, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Was given Nexium after my H. pylori infection. Worked very well in healing my stomach, but I had to take it everyday for a number of years."

chromebags May 15, 2011

For GERD "This medication worked great, but insurance doesn't cover, can't afford anymore. Too bad now have to take something else."

maneysm April 14, 2011

For GERD "Nexium is great. Pantoprazole (Protonix) also works just as good."

choctawokie April 10, 2011

For GERD "After 3 days on Nexium my reflux is completely gone. But I now have nausea, body aches, constant mild headache, rash, tiredness, dizziness and worst ever stomach cramps."

Jeremy S February 17, 2011

For Barrett's Esophagus "I have been on Nexium for at least 3-4 years. It did take a change in medicine to two pills a day, but I have not changed my diet like I should have. Nexium cured my Barrett's and I am on a 2 year endoscopy check now so I love it."

Megala57 January 2, 2011

For GERD "I have been taking Nexium every morning for a few years now and I never get Heartburn. I can eat and drink anything that would usually cause Heartburn past."

len_d77 June 11, 2010

For Barrett's Esophagus "I was diagnosed with Barrett's about 3 years ago and went on Nexium. I take 1 x 40mg pill a day. A year ago I had a gastroscopy and my Barrett's was gone. I will continue to have a scopy every two years to monitor it. I will probably be on it forever. I have no side effects from taking it either."

Anonymous June 4, 2010

For GERD "I have taken NEXIUM for about 10 yrs. It works so good! Though the last 6 months I have used tums also. But the insurance says it isn't for acid reflux and won't let me have any more. Having a lot of trouble finding something that works! I want my Nexium back, it hurts so bad all of the time, even just a glass of water makes me hurt."

Anonymous May 15, 2010

For GERD "I started taking Nexium for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Found it helped keeping Rosacea under control. What a wonderful "side-effect""

MonteKat April 21, 2010

For Barrett's Esophagus "Became very constipated on this medication."

Anonymous April 21, 2010

For GERD "Diagnosed with acid hitting my throat (LPR). Have a small stomach hernia that is not allowing sphichter to close. It was a rough 6 month till I was diagnosed. 3 Doctors insisted I had allergies. Found another Doctor that finally that advised I had "silent acid reflux". Have cut out all the usual foods that cause more acid but in my case, my ears hurt (they tell me you have lots of nerves through the throat that go up to the ears and sinuses). Symptoms are: burning ears, flaring up through the sinuses, pain in the back of the neck up through the top of the back of my head. Have been on Nexium for 3 months. It helped but flaring returns 10-50%. Have come off Nexium to do the tests on how my GI is working. Nexium helped but lots of side effects."

Elena1 March 6, 2010

For GERD "I had excess acid all of my life including as a child. As an adult I was miserable because all of my friends and family could eat anything at any time. I often would sit up in bed for hours trying to sleep. I tried everything, then my doctor put me on Nexium. I has been heaven. I eat normally. I sleep normally. I don't hurt, belch, and/or throw up any more. No side effects after over two years. Love this stuff."

Anonymous February 20, 2010

For GERD "Excessive eating of chocolates and other sweets can lead me to have a sore throat. I asked my friend what to take and so she adviced me to take nexium. After a week of taking this medicine, my sore throat was gone. It was so amazing. I just love it!"

LOrina January 28, 2010

For GERD "I originally took this for three months a year ago. It worked great during the time with minimal side effects. Went off of it with no problem and had no heartburn for quite a long time. When I had an acid reflux episode last fall, I took it for about a week, where all these weird side effects happened. Developed lower right back pain, joints kept cracking when moving, and the occasional stomach pain in the lower left abdomen. Am disappointed since it was the only thing that really helped my reflux."

Anonymous January 25, 2010

For GERD "I was ticked at first when TRICARE Prime refused to pay for the Nexium I had been prescribed when on Active Duty. Tried the VA too and they said no too. VA prescribed omeprazole and after two weeks of 40mg/day taken before two meals, I'm fine! No reflux. OK so far. Good because I like saving money."

MarcO2 January 11, 2010

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Being on this medicine for the first 5 days was hard, felt sicker then ever with symptoms of mild diarrhea, some hives, worst nausea, fatigue. This started to improve day 6. After being on it for a week am almost back to normal. Felt like the drugs had to work on the H.Pylori, then the body had to work on getting the drug out of the body."

hpylori December 1, 2009