User Reviews for Nexium (Page 2)

Learn more about Nexium.

GERD 62 reviews 224 medications

8.4
Summary of Nexium reviews 84 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Nexium

For GERD "I've been on Nexium off and on for about ten years now. Depending how it was covered under my insurance, I had to go off it at times since it was not covered. I have tried Protronix, Prilosec, Prevacid (30 mg daily and 30mg 2x a day). Prevacid gave me horrible diarrhea. Nexium has been the best. My latest insurance company wanted me to try Dexilant for a month before covering Nexium. Basically one 60 mg Dexilant is like taking two 30mg Prevacids. Didn't do anything but give me a cold after a month, and lots of diarrhea. I always come back to the Nexium. When things improve I ween off it taking it once every other day for a while to get off of it. I have been getting my calcium and magnesium levels check every 6 months, always normal."

Better Gut (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2013

For Barrett's Esophagus "Constipation the worst on this medication."

fritzburger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

For Erosive Esophagitis "I have been on this medicine for about three years with good effect. My problem has cleared up. However, for the last week I have woken at about 1.30 am with severe heartburn so obviously the medication no longer is working. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2012

For GERD "After suffering since 2008 a trip to the Emergency room Thanksgiving 2012 resulted in a prescription for Nexium. It has been a life saver, I have been on it less then a week. After having episodes of throwing up at least 5 times a week during the night and heartburn daily my throat was raw and I constantly had issues. It has been amazing to be able to again eat what I want without the repercussions. I was afraid to try it because of the cost pre-insurance but I printed a online discount card and used my insurance and it was very affordable and not to mention I am able to sleep through the night without having my head elevated and the other issues I was having. I have 7 ulcers diagnosed in 2008 and haven't had an issue all week. I LOVE NEXIUM!"

RMiller95 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2012

For GERD "I've had GERD since I was 14 and I had tried all sorts of OTC and prescription medicines. Most of them worked ok, but I would still have to pop a few Tums before I went to bed. After starting on Nexium I feel great! I've yet to have any signs of heartburn and I haven't had any side effects. This is the most expensive prescription I've had but the cost is well worth it."

Anonymous November 18, 2012

For GERD "Side effects increased over time, arrythmia, chest pain and muscle twitching."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2012

For GERD "Little to no heartburn after taking Nexium for 3 days now but high blood pressure, tingly cramps in my stomach that bring me to the verge of throwing up, light headache, difficulty sleeping, throats constrictive. Not sure if I can keep taking Nexium."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2012

For GERD "I started with really bad nausea and sick to my stomach when I went to my GI doctor I was diagnosed with due densities and chronic gastritis. I was so sick with nausea twenty four seven I literally felt like I was going to die. I actually told my GI to prescribe me Nexium 40 mg. My GI was hesitant but I insisted took it for a about a month and half and on my second endoscopy my chronic gastritis had gone down to mild gastritis and the nausea is almost gone. Nexium really helped me I don't know about the side effects since I took it at night. But the nausea was still persistent it's just now going away. I can tell you this is one of the best medicines. Stops the acid production by 95 percent something I had to find out on my own. Good luck."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2012

For GERD "Very effective. No heartburn or difficulty swallowing, or other symptoms during therapy."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 21, 2012

For GERD "Nexium was moderately effective at reducing my GERD symptoms, but the side effects made it not worth taking. I had trouble sleeping, felt very lethargic and fatigued, found it difficult to think through complex problems (which, in my job, is a serious concern). I felt constantly run-down and had no energy, but could not get a good night's sleep."

Anonymous February 27, 2012

For GERD "I am selecting GERD only because I can't get a correct diagnosis. Been taking Prilosec, Prevacid etc with no help, symptoms include pain that mimicked heart attack, anything I eat feels "Stuck" halfway down esophagus, vomiting almost everything I eat or drink, night time is a horror; acid runs right up into nose and vomit 4-5 times per night Nexium almost immediately stopped all symptoms with no side effects I'm not a Doctor but all I can say is it has been a miracle for me"

tomas090 February 17, 2012

For Barrett's Esophagus "I had been taking Nexium for about the last 10 years. While taking it, I had no problems at all. Prior to taking Nexium, I had difficulties with acid reflux even from something so simple as eating a slice of bread."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

For GERD "I have had GERD since I was 19 years. For some reason I eat Ketchup with everything. I am 31 now. I've use Nexium in the past and my acid reflux always went away. Recently I've had upper back pains, cold chills, stomach and heart burns and the worse belly pain ever after I ate. The doctor sent me for a blood test which came back negative for any infections. I was placed on Nexium. Within 2 days I felt much better. I would recommend this for anyone. Wish I tried it before I did the ultrasound of my kidney, liver and gallbladder together with a chest x ray. I guess you got to pay a high price for a good product like Nexium. But I don't mind. I feel much better now."

Anonymous February 12, 2012

For GERD "It worked great but made me really dizzy. Has anyone experienced this?"

Anonymous January 31, 2012

"I had two instances of stomach pain last year. I was administered Gas X and subsequently I was put on Nexium. After taking Nexium for 60 days I get relief but if I don't control diet I feel like having stomach pain again two months after discontinuing Nexium. I have gallstones. Nexium seems to work well to ward off stomach pain. "

Anonymous January 27, 2012

For GERD "Over the years I have taken it "as needed". I try to control the acid reflux by watching what I eat. Mayo, Chocolate, mints, tomato sauces really set it off. Sometimes I forget. I try to take it as infrequently as possible because I have heard it may be responsible for decreasing bone density (I"m 69) and there may be other side effects. I was averaging one every 4-5 days. If I'm very careful can go longer, but sometimes I want to splurge. Today I refilled a prescription and noticed it was for "DR" delayed release. Anxious to see if there is any difference."

mygerd December 17, 2011

For Erosive Esophagitis "This has been wonderful for me. No more excessive belching and burning and the pain in my chest has almost gone with the first treatment. I'm not scared to eat some of my favorite foods anymore."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

For GERD "Why wasn't I given this sooner."

Anonymous October 18, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Best for curing H. pylori "Nexium 20mg" half hour before breakfast and half hour before dinner also my doctor suggested me to use Frisium only at night time before sleep. Within 2 days I start feeling better and I used it for 1 month but Frisium I only took for one week."

sajjad August 10, 2011

For GERD "It is the only medicine for reflux that works for me. Right now I am on a different medicine because my insurance won't pay for it and I even have trouble eating basic foods (with a good reflux medicine you should only have problems when you make a really wrong food choice; not normal food at normal times). The same insurance has paid for it for 3 years and now I since the end of June, I have been having to go through too much red tape to get Nexium, that works for me."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

For GERD "Worked great now I am forced to take something else because my new insurance will NOT cover it at all."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "It helps so much. Before this, my life was miserable with the morning nausea then vomiting tons of acid straight from the stomach. It is not a way to live. We need to be grateful we have resources such as Nexium and other options to help and to treat these conditions. I know for sure in my case!"

GERDGAL May 20, 2011

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Was given Nexium after my H. pylori infection. Worked very well in healing my stomach, but I had to take it everyday for a number of years."

chromebags May 15, 2011

For GERD "This medication worked great, but insurance doesn't cover, can't afford anymore. Too bad now have to take something else."

maneysm April 14, 2011

For GERD "Nexium is great. Pantoprazole (Protonix) also works just as good."

choctawokie April 10, 2011