User Reviews for Nexium

Learn more about Nexium.

Nexium Review Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Barrett's Esophagus.

Reviews for Nexium to treat Barrett's Esophagus

"On Nexium for 15 years"

Garfielduk (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2015

"Severe constipation"

Shitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2015

"Prior use of prescription Prevacid did not provide relief for 24 hrs. 1/day 40mg Nexium provides about 30 hr no acid sensations. My only side effect of Nexium is my stool usually has the consistency of peanut butter."

BruceA1234567 November 10, 2014

"I have taken Nexium for over 12 years. I have had a low Magnesium problem for 10 years and severe dry mouth for 3 years. My Doctor wants me to continue with Nexium but I cannot continue. The Mag problem is very serious and I have had emergency doses of Mag to get my levels back up. The dry mouth is causing me to have numerous Dental problems. I really have to quit Nexium."

Elgrodo May 20, 2014

"I was on Nexium for more than 4 years and the Barrett's esophagus that I have has been stable. I believe that Nexium has healing properties, but change in diet has to come with it. My husband's insurance now refuses to pay for it because it is supposedly for short term. "

grasshopper (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2013

"Constipation the worst on this medication."

fritzburger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

"I had been taking Nexium for about the last 10 years. While taking it, I had no problems at all. Prior to taking Nexium, I had difficulties with acid reflux even from something so simple as eating a slice of bread."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

"I have been on Nexium for at least 3-4 years. It did take a change in medicine to two pills a day, but I have not changed my diet like I should have. Nexium cured my Barrett's and I am on a 2 year endoscopy check now so I love it."

Megala57 January 2, 2011

"I was diagnosed with Barrett's about 3 years ago and went on Nexium. I take 1 x 40mg pill a day. A year ago I had a gastroscopy and my Barrett's was gone. I will continue to have a scopy every two years to monitor it. I will probably be on it forever. I have no side effects from taking it either."

Anonymous June 4, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Became very constipated on this medication."

Anonymous April 21, 2010