User Reviews for Esomeprazole

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Learn more about Esomeprazole.

Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 42 medications

Erosive Esophagitis 5 reviews 111 medications

8.2
Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastritis/Duodenitis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 80 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Esomeprazole

For GERD: "I used this product as a free sample and it worked terrificly."

Melissa Bass (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I was on Aciphex for 4-5 yrs. but the expense of it shifted me over to Nexium. I have now been taking 20 mg. Nexium 4 yrs. & have not had a GERD attack in years. My concerns are now that you can buy it OTC, I am concerned it will not be strong enough? And secondly, why is it that most nutritionists & holistic doctors insist that these acid controlling pills are the worse thing to take for your body? I tried not taking it for 2 mos. & immediately had an attack which is horrible. Can someone answer my concerns please."

BK August 7, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Nexium has been very effective in resolving my Acid Reflux. I have been taking the medication for over five years, and now have to stop the medication. My bone density test showed third statistical deviation (3T) which reports that I have osteoporosis. I have been taking calcium and supplements with exercise for almost all my life, and it's hard to believe I have this disease. Nexium blocks the absorption by the body, thus the problem."

AMBIE3 July 30, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have now been using Nexium 24 for only 4 days but I am seeing the effects already! I have been able to enjoy many foods I have had to avoid in the past with little to no burn. I absolutely have hope that Nexium is the answer to all my problems and that in time it will eliminate the problems all together. I was lucky enough to receive my Nexium free from a mission and now I'm a dedicated customer. Thank you so much for this awesome product!"

AshleyHarris1987 July 28, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Although it seems to work for my mother, for me I had weird symptoms. I was only on the generic brand for 5 days before I had to stop taking the pills. I did not notice any difference to my actual reflux, but apparently it heals your esophagus and reduces the amount of acid. My symptoms included: Complete exhaustion even though I was getting the same amount of sleep and doing the same things during the day as before, I constantly had a dull ache in my stomach, I had a muscle spasm in my left arm for 2 days straight, constipation, feeling sick and completely unmotivated to do anything, I lost my appetite and hardly ate at all, I was easily hurting myself from barely moving (mostly in my back), extremely weak, headache, and swollen lips"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For : "I received Nexium 24 hour for free from Smiley360 to try. I just started taking it yesterday and I can already tell a huge difference. I am very satisfied with this product. The only reason I deducted a star is because after researching, it does appear a lottle pricey. But if it continues to work this well , it will be well worth each penny."

Laura Miracle (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "This works amazing. I have been on it for about 20 years. My GERD is gone, but all my bones shattered when I fell of bed. This drug makes your bones brittle like uncooked ziti."

Ralph E Cakes July 18, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I was prescribed Nexium after 4 months of trying every other prescription med out there, following 4 months of severe Gerd/ silent reflux symptoms. Within the first 2 days of taking Nexium the lump feeling in my throat started to go away. I am taking 40 mg of the TEVA generic Nexium and so far I feel way better. Hopefully it lasts. I was on Dexilant before 60mg once a day and it gave me about 50% symptom relief. Nexium is the best PPI I have tried for sure and I would recommend to anyone."

Anonymous June 3, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "After weeks medication notice severe mood change, very irritable."

rawls May 21, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "On Nexium for 15 years"

Garfielduk (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I suffered severe pain from GERD that I had to be hospitalized. The next day I bought the Nexium 24hr, not because I saw it was the top selling brand at Walmart, but because my mom said to get Prilosec lol. Anyway, within minutes the pain from my GERD disappeared. One con I've had so far though. The medicine states 24hrs, for me it's roughly 18-20 hrs and I start feeling the acid again. So keep that in mind."

Paul Bu. March 8, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Severe constipation"

Shitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2015

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I've been taking Nexium for about 18 years now. I suffered bad heartburn/reflux etc,, that was partly to do with 'trigger' foods I ate. Over the years I learned to avoid those foods, & I started on Nexium. This medicine reduced my severe heartburn/reflux from maybe each second night when I wasn't taking it, to only about 2 times a month when I was taking it, so overall, over 18 years, Nexium made a huge difference to my life. From having to sit upright till 4am in bed till the pain went away & I could finally lie down (without Nexium) to getting a good sleep most nights (with Nexium). I do thoroughly recommend Nexium to anyone who can take it. Tip - AVOID Trigger foods! some are - chocolate, cream, oily foods, chickpeas, horseradish, mustard."

Another Anon (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Prior use of prescription Prevacid did not provide relief for 24 hrs. 1/day 40mg Nexium provides about 30 hr no acid sensations. My only side effect of Nexium is my stool usually has the consistency of peanut butter."

BruceA1234567 November 10, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been using Miralax and psyllium every night for about a year and wanted to try Linzess, but my doctor was hesitant to let me try it. Possible side effects. Anyway, after some research, I realized the Nexium I have been using causes a Magnesium deficiency. So now I take a multi-mineral capsule and a 500mg Magnesium capsule 3 times a day with meals. I have been able to cut back on my prescribed medications and have some hope that I will be able to get off them completely by adjusting my mineral intake. Try this, because your bowels cannot function without enough minerals."

Johnin Portland (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 9, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I have been on Nexium for probably 10 years now and it works well. I can really notice a difference if I run out or take something else..the problem is the cost of this medication is outrageous!"

longtimeer (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I been taking Zegrid and Prilosec for years. I'm one week into Nexium and I feel way better! Whenever I drink something I feel awesome. No more little bit of discomfort. I'm amazed! Haven't had GERD, gas blockage in my chest or gall bladder. I feel like normal drinking cold and warm. I haven tried a soda yet but I did have a half a beer and the bubbles did not bother me at all! It's been years since 2007. I'm so happy and Nexium I thank you."

swisschz June 9, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I have taken Nexium for over 12 years. I have had a low Magnesium problem for 10 years and severe dry mouth for 3 years. My Doctor wants me to continue with Nexium but I cannot continue. The Mag problem is very serious and I have had emergency doses of Mag to get my levels back up. The dry mouth is causing me to have numerous Dental problems. I really have to quit Nexium."

Elgrodo May 20, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "The medicine works great but gives me headache, diaharrea, and nausea upon waking."

Bury5 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "Was on Prevacid for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped working. Tried Protonix, all I can say is never again. So then Dr. prescribed Nexium 40mg, been on it for about week, so far so good. No side effects that I can tell and acid is definitely under control."

angel16830 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

For Barrett's Esophagus: "Been taking Nexium 40 mg for ten years for Barrett's Esophagus. I have tried all the other proton pump inhibitor's on the market and nothing works as well. Even though my insurance will not cover it, I pay out of pocket because it's that good. No side effects at all. Best taken upon wake up 30 mins prior to any food intake. I also take a 75 mg Zantac at bedtime to insure no reflux while sleeping. Perfect combination. I have absolutely no issues and a stable endoscopy throughout my course of treatment. Hope this helps."

Silverfoxx June 17, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "I was on Nexium for more than 4 years and the Barrett's esophagus that I have has been stable. I believe that Nexium has healing properties, but change in diet has to come with it. My husband's insurance now refuses to pay for it because it is supposedly for short term. "

grasshopper (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: "I've been on Nexium off and on for about ten years now. Depending how it was covered under my insurance, I had to go off it at times since it was not covered. I have tried Protronix, Prilosec, Prevacid (30 mg daily and 30mg 2x a day). Prevacid gave me horrible diarrhea. Nexium has been the best. My latest insurance company wanted me to try Dexilant for a month before covering Nexium. Basically one 60 mg Dexilant is like taking two 30mg Prevacids. Didn't do anything but give me a cold after a month, and lots of diarrhea. I always come back to the Nexium. When things improve I ween off it taking it once every other day for a while to get off of it. I have been getting my calcium and magnesium levels check every 6 months, always normal."

Better Gut (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Constipation the worst on this medication."

fritzburger (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I have been on this medicine for about three years with good effect. My problem has cleared up. However, for the last week I have woken at about 1.30 am with severe heartburn so obviously the medication no longer is working. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2012