User Reviews for Escitalopram (Page 2)

Also known as: Lexapro

Learn more about Escitalopram.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 7 reviews 39 medications

Bipolar Disorder 30 reviews 33 medications

7.5
Summary of Escitalopram reviews 1275 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Escitalopram

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I was on Lexapro for close to 5 months - didn't work for me, it made me More anxious. Told my dr & weaned off of it. I would not recommend it."

JB129 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Been on escitalopram now for over a year. Have had dry mouth the whole time. Anyone else experience this?"

rock1 April 2, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I have been a heavy drinker in the past, and decided to completely quit drinking about 6 weeks ago for a variety of reasons. I had never really been depressed up to this point, but maybe I was dealing with my depression through drinking all along. I digress. I slid into a depression. I could not put one foot in front of the other. Work performance, sex life, hobbies, and social skills all seemed to suffer. My family and friends (some pharmacists and nurses) urged me to try an SSRI and see if it made a difference. They assured me that depression was common in early sobriety and that I may need a boost to get back to living a fulfilling life. I was prescribed Lexapro 10mg 2 weeks ago and I can already tell the difference. Everyday gets better"

Zackrey (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Lexapro for three years now. It has been a miracle. I have not had any panic attacks in over two years. I have a great outlook on life and am totally comfortable in my own skin. Before I started I had panic attacks regularly. They were so bad that I would have them while driving, at work, while I was trying to sleep. I was a mess. Much, MUCH better with Lexapro."

Helen215! March 31, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I took Lexapro for almost 4 weeks and quit because it was pure hell. I tried to push through the side effects but they never went away. Insomnia, couldn't eat, anxiety hit the roof, panic attacks every night, and crazy thoughts. Was not for me."

C dallas March 30, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been suffering from anxiety for 3 years now, was on citalopram for 2 years and slowly came off them up until a couple of weeks ago where my anxiety came back with a vengeance, my doctor recommended Escitilopram and apart from the first week of the drug getting into my system and causing a sicky feeling and a empty head, once I past that feeling after a week or so my anxiety had disappeared and is now non existant, now I can move on with my life"

Nickathome (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Depression: "I have suffered depression since I can remember but was determined never to take anti depressants. After a heart attack my depression worsened and even though my surgeon, doctor and psychologist recommended I try antidepressants I refused. Finally in desperation I went to my doctor and asked for some He prescribed escitalopram at 10 mg per day. Within 2 weeks I noticed a reduction in both anxiety and depression. It didn't remove the symptoms but did improve them to the extent I never want to go off them. I told my doctor who increased the dose to 20 mg per day. My anxiety and depression symptoms have continued to improve. I have put on about 3 ks in weight but no other side effects except dry mouth at night."

Jobe125 March 26, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "So to start, Im not affiliated with any med companies, nor is this some fake bs review. I was you, scanning reviews all night long, just two weeks ago. I have a HUGE personal phobia of medication, in dread of any adverse side effects... and my anxiety has also come back with a vengeance over the last 2 years, and began controlling my life. I started on 5mg generic. People say it's placebo at this dose....everyone is different. I can tell you a few things: The 9th day on it I had realized most of my anxiety was gone & all my emotions, sex drive, were all in tact. 1 major problem... Insomnia for every single night, and night sweats. Couldn't sleep for more than 3 hours a night. Helped, but not the right med for me due to this. Try it!"

AnActuallyHonestReview (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was on klonopin for 7 months but sometimes I would still notice I had anxiety so I decided to change to Zoloft. It made me so sick. When I switched to lexapro a few weeks later it made my anxiety kinda worse and nauseated. I will just stick to the klonopin for now."

Queenbee6234 March 24, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm on my 5th day taking Lexapro 10mg and the side effects have been horrible! The most I can put into my stomach is a breakfast essential shake in a whole day, I get heavy head aches, the back of my eyes hurt like hell, I wake up drenched in sweat, my whole body aches to the point where I can barely walk, I get very cold easily, and I sleep throughout the day.. I was told the side effects will stop after a week but will the loss of appetite stop too?"

Drew72366 March 24, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "Lexapro has been a lifesaver! Started on prozac for 8 weeks but did not work for me. Doctor switched me to Lexapro 3 weeks ago and I feel calm and relaxed for the first time in a long time. Only taking 20mg but really helps with sleep and making healthy rational decisions. I highly recommend and had no side effects."

Joanne075 March 24, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "Not great med. Gained lots of weight. 15mg I was like a zombie. Tired alot and twitching."

scott ryan March 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "For the past 3 years I've suffered from increasingly bad Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I also had mild OCD, by the end of the third year I was having regular panic attacks. I tried accupuncture, CBT, herbs, supplements and Lorazepam (I took about 5 pills over a year) but nothing worked. I was completely against taking anti-depressants until I just couldn't get out of bed for a week. I was prescribed Cipralex. I take 5mg a day. The change is amazing. I feel like my old self again. The tightness in my chest is gone. I do still get anxiety in the morning and especially on Mondays but I hear that will subside as the drug regulates in my system. I feel like I can handle my stresses again. I'm still doing CBT to work on stress."

Dandelion73 (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "As my nickname says I have been very quiet and most of my life. Always worried and anxious since a child, I came to the US when on my 30s and years later, I think the stresses of life and my personality put me in a severe anxiety with depression and several panic attacks. I was thinking I would die!. Went to Psychiatrist did not trust on him first time, I did not want to take the medicine and I got worse! I started taking lexapro 10 mg, it helped me so much, I had that hope on it that I didn't remember side effects. I used also the benzodizepines and ambien to be calmer and get some sleep. Like 3 months later didn't take more benzo ,and/or ambien. I have been in this medicine since March 2014, today is March 2016. Been reduced now to half"

Quiet Girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Lexapro has literally saved my life! Before starting the medication, I was terribly depressed & suicidal. I finally got the courage, with the help of my husband to talk to my physician. I initially began on the 10mg dosage. The first week was rough with bad headaches, nausea and extreme fatigue. By the second week, the only side affect I had was a little spaciness that I feel was from the fatigue that had continued. However; at week 2, I felt so much better. Now after 2.5 months and moving to a 20mg dose, I have my life back! I haven't felt this much peace in years. I can sleep. I can laugh. I can smile.....and I can't imagine taking my own life. Best of all: I can love others because I'm happy and at peace with myself. Worth it all!!!!"

FAV (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I rate this medication very highly. I had no history of anxiety or depression before being struck down with severe generalised anxiety (and subsequently its bff, depression). I've been on lexapro for 3 months now and my life is completely back to normal. If I still have side effects, they have normalised so that I no longer notice them. About a month ago I starting drinking wine again ( I got a reaction the first time, but was fine after that), and 3 weeks ago I started on coffee again (it made me hyperactive for the first week, then normalised). You just need to ease into it. Please don't give up on this med in the first week. It's a bit of a rough start but so worth it when you come through the other side."

Sass123 March 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "Been on 20 mg for a month and honestly I feel more depressed and more then before. I am also getting super sensitive. Doctor wants me to give it 2 more weeks and added Abilify. I start my first dosage tomorrow. Ugh"

scarlettmple (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Been on this medicine for around 5 weeks, 10 mg. Been the happiest I have been in awhile! I really love this medication, I have finally got myself out of the darker place I was before. So glad that it's working, and I'm feeling better day to day. Still some anxiety but I can deal with it, depression is completely gone, I can socialize no problem. terrific"

CalPAL March 22, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Saw my Dr on Thursday he suggested this drug for my anxiety issues that have came up the last few months. day 1 very sick anxiety through roof All day never stopped in a weird daze could focus on anything Day 2 scared to take another ate cereal put off all day had anxiety took it at 4 pm within hour hot flashes cold hands and sweaty cold feet rubbing legs rocking back and forth unaware of surroundings stood up fell to floor panick attack called pharmacy asked if safe to take Ativan slept 4 hrs then awake day 3 gagging at smell of food stomach sore anxiety still there.. Called dr. Said stop taking took all day But I believe anxiety is lower Wants me to try sister drug I don't think I can do this again... Any thoughts?"

Adot (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "Lexapro made my depression worse, and I had suicidal thoughts within 24 hours. I immediately quit. It was a free sample from my doctor."

Svenska (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I just started taking his medication yesterday. Ive read good teviews. I suffer from GAD and this is leading to severe depression. All i think about is my breathing which is causing me not to be able to Sleep. Im desperate and hope this med works."

Bmob2023 March 19, 2016

For Depression: "I took this for depression. I give all anti-depressants a 0 because they don't relieve depression naturally. escitalopram had some bad side effects. After taking it for a while I got lethargic and apathetic. It increased my appetite. I had a couple of times where I experience extreme rage which I think was because of it."

jeff.roach0 March 19, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "anxiety/panic Started 21st Dec 2015 on 5 mg after 2 wks went up to 7.5mg for a wk then up to 10 for the next 8 wks. I felt fatigued/nauseas/headaches quit the gym, unmotivated ,bitchy/moody zombie the whole time but I was hopeful and waited for time to pass to feel better but it never happened and I ended up more depressed so I upped my dose to 15 mgs for 4 days thinking I would wait for the bad side effects to pass again , had the increased anxiety and crying spells etc so I rapidly dropped down to 5mgs for another 4 days and then quit. I had some withdrawals but not worse than the feeling of beginning Lexapro anyway. I'm now laughing and happier again with the help of " the mood cure" book & I expect it to take 2 months b4 I feel100%"

Emmalizalee March 16, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I can't believe a drug like this exists. I've been suffering mentally and emotionally with OCD for so many years because I thought I was out of options. I've tried Paxil, Prozac, Wellbutrin, and trazadone. Most had side effects so bad, I couldn't keep taking them. But years later, I decided to try again. The first 9 days were awful with insomnia, flu like symptoms, loss of appetite, cold sweats and a general "loopy" feeling. I wanted to stop taking it so bad, but the reviews on this site made me want to keep trying because I really felt brand new mentally. When I woke up in the 10th day, I felt amazing! The impulsive thoughts are mild and manageable with the techniques from my therapist, and I feel better than I have in years."

ClassicAms (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on lexapro for about 8 months now. It's been so good for me! I am 24 and female. I am no longer depressed. Before I first started, I was waking up every morning with suicidal thoughts. Now all of those thoughts are gone! I am so much more social! I can talk to anyone without anxiety, and I actually want to talk to people! I have more energy and have the urge to excercize and cook myself meals. These are things I wanted to do before but depression kept me in my bed feeling hopeless. There's hope! Depression is real. Don't feel weak for taking antidepressants. It can be the first step to getting out of bed and living your life how you want to live it!"

Paigeminica March 14, 2016