User Reviews for Escitalopram (Page 2)

Also known as: Lexapro

Learn more about Escitalopram.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 8 reviews 40 medications

Bipolar Disorder 31 reviews 33 medications

7.4
Summary of Escitalopram reviews 1300 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Escitalopram

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "The time I been on lexapro I had mild side effects like yawning and insomnia really bad to the point I am only sleeping five hours or so...I can say it calms you but I haven't got the full effect of getting back to my old self again..."

Anonymous April 27, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I've been on this medication for 2 1/2 months now, so I'm not sure if that's long enough to judge this medication, but here I go. I am a 21 year old male, and I've had anxiety for as long as I remember, and on and off depression since I was about 15. This medication works FANTASTICALLY for both anxiety and depression. Both symptoms are at an all time low, and I love this medicine for that. Unfortunately, side effects are present, and for me, never went away. I ALWAYS feel tired on this medicine (as a result, caffeine is my best friend). Because of the side effects, I don't particular recommend this medicine, but everyone's body works differently, and it may be right for you."

asdflkjh3125t1353521 April 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm have been taking Lamotragine and have started on escitalopram for bipolar 2. What an amazing turn around. Where I used to be extremely reactive and explode in to a rage at any little thing I now feel calm and at peace with the world. I have actually started to feel happy. I always suffered from hypo-sexuality and it was so exhausting to be fighting with sexual thoughts and tension constantly. It's such a relief that since being on escitalopram this too has stopped. I now see everything from a much more rational perspective. I've even begun to really "feel" in love with my wife. Sure, it's one big drawback is that it is an orgasm killer, but I'm finding this is a small price to pay compared to all the benefits. It's given me my life back"

Mr Bean April 24, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hi I started lexapro 20 mg around Dec 2015, for generalized anxiety. I was scared to take any prescribed drug due to me not wanting to get hooked on meds. My anxiety so bad that I was unable to function at all. I have two children and there was no other option for me but to try something. The first week I had insomnia, slight tremors. I would wake up every morning at 6am with it seemed to be a empty stomach. I went to the ER twice in the first week. I felt like there was no end. My husband thought it was all in my head. By week 2 every side effect started to decrease day by day. I was able to get out of bed and clean my house. I felt like I was not confined anymore. Week 4 brand new me. Try this med, it saved me and could save you!!!"

michellejob (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I felt a positive difference within the first week. I also have generalized anxiety and it seems to have helped with it as well. Due to my epilepsy, I take the highest dosage that I can, which is 10mg. I feel better but I think 20 would work great."

koffepot (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I have taken Lexapro for 10 years. I had severe depression/anxiety and was put on Lexapro and xanax-(initially). If I skipped or I didn't take my Lexapro on time, I would have a bad bought of anxiety within a day. Too much or double up, and my brain was on fire and severe anxiety. But, it has been a life saver. I am totally myself with no weird thoughts or dreams and am happy! Your body will let you know when you should lower your dosage, but that will take a while, like years (headaches were my symptoms). Note for women, I still felt off right before my period. My doctor added the mini pill for the estrogen and now I am 100% all month. P.S. watch some of the generics, some have bad side effects!!!!"

jhappy! April 20, 2016

For Depression: "I am taking Lexapro for about 2 years. Recently I have started taking it from 5 mgr to 20. For sure this medicine works for my depression very well , however I am feeling very fatigue after using high doze and I cannot stay awake even during the day. I always take it in the morning. I am going to switch to the afternoon and hope it change my sleepy mood during the day. Does anyone take this in the evening to see the changes?"

Sara/mat April 19, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I personally didn't like this medication. The first intake had me feeling like a walking zombie. It made me deaf and nauseous."

nishiiiiiiie April 15, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Today is my 3rd day on medication. I was prescribed it for social anxiety (despite being a beautiful 6'2 male with no reason to be anxious about appearance) generalized anxiety and panic attacks. Talking to people in malls, convenience stores and being around large groups of people frighten me. I havent noticed much of a difference other than lack of sleep, crazy amazing lucid dreams for the first two nights and my jaw clenching. So far no effect on anxiety and took a benzo because Im feeling restless but still feeling restless right now. I pray this works as Im unable to work now due to my anxiety. Ive always had anxiety but after having mono for 2 months it has spiraled completely out of control. I will update this soon. Please work!"

anxietyruinslives100 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I have had three very good experiences with Lexapo. To any readers in deep depression and with anxiety, rule one is to not take bad experiences you read on the web as your future experience. Each time I have experienced major depression, I started on 10 mg and had to grind my way through at least 4 weeks to feel any positive effects and the worse side effects were gone. I was bumped up to 20mg and it took two weeks of living through hell again and than suddenly it was gone. Exercise, get out and face your demons, and remember it can and will get better (yes, hard to believe when they could scrape you off the wall but it will happen). Good luck ... you have my sympathy and encouragement."

Phantom III (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for : "I was prescribed lexapro after trying Zoloft. Zoloft did not work out for me. I've been taking lexapro for two weeks now and over all I feel much better. I occasionally have to take half a klonopin on bad days but over all, I am improving. There were some side effects but I was able to manage them even with school. Nothing I couldn't handle. I have a much better out look, and I have motivation to help others. I'm trying to exercise as well. I hope this medicine continues to help with my anxiety and depression:)"

Quince April 15, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "After four years my sweats are getting g worse and hope I don't have to stop taking this medication as it took the butterfly feel from my stomach"

thankfull (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Lexapro 10mgs for nearly 4 months because of anxiety and mild depression. I had about 5 days at first with some dizziness and nausea, after that things smoothed out. Almost immediately it cured my insomnia by 95%.I take it in the morning. In the past, if I woke up at night my thoughts would turn to things that kept me from falling asleep again. As far as anxiety, I am not worrying about things at work so much. I still have some social and anticipatory anxiety, but it is some better than before. Depression is much better; I frequently have a warm feeling of happiness and everything will be alright. Before I felt distressed and flat about the future. So, I would definitely recommend a trial with this medication."

poodlelover April 14, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been on this for 9 weeks now for anxiety and depression. Firstly may I say that I took Sertealine and had an awful experience so I put off taking any more medication for 8 months. When I finally tried Excitalopram the initial week was a bit grim but it has now evened out. I am definitely less anxious but depression is only just starting to lift now. Overall though I am hopeful that given time this will work more fully.Now a few points worth remembering ... 1. We are all different so what works for me may not work for you & vice versa. 2. Please give any medication a fair amount of time to get through the initial side effects ( 2 weeks ish) and to start to get to work ( 4-6 weeks) and to see its full effect 3 months. Hope this helps."

Half full (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Had to w/d from MAO (difficult) it worked well as I am medication resistant. Tried brintellix but "hyped" me up. Now on day five of Lexapro 5mgs. Feeling nauseated but not bad. Sedated but can't rest due to high anxiety. Does this improve. Feeling so desperate:("

Mdesp April 14, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on many medications through the years, and this is the first one I've been on a medication that didn't make me drowsy, and had side effects I could tolerate. Having Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, and Anxiety, but also having issues with psych medication side effects; I've been quite happy with this medication. It takes the edge off my negative moods, and at times renders me ambivalent-- which is better than before considering my PTSD anxiety was driving me to suicidal inclinations. However, if you aren't dealing with severe depression and anxiety, I'd suggest something less intense. Also, my medicaid covered this medication, but many insurance companies wont, and the original price is naught to scoff at."

Tia DeFye (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have taken Lexapro 20mg for two years now for anxiety and it has been great. I do feel tired through the day at times, but I gladly take that in comparison to panicking all day for no reason. This stuff can work if you give it a chance."

Jmuncie25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been on cipralex for 4 weeks now and my doc increased it to 40mg however when I was on 30mg I didn't have as mugh anxiety. I feel the drug has helped more with my depression but my anxiety is still severe. I take lorazepam also twice a day and seroquel at nite to sleep. I'm just hoping it gets better with my anxiety. I also take seroquel 25mg as a prn. I've been told to be patient but it's so hard when you don't feel good."

Shamaras April 9, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hello, I have been taking escitalopram 10 mg for the past 2 years. My story: I never considered myself as someone with GAD but all the sudden I broke down and had panic attacks and lost 20 pounds in 10 days because I couldn't eat anything. I was only living on water and maybe a yogurt per day. I always had the feeling of choking and that something is in my throat. I was in therapy for 2 years by then, but for other reasons: I felt lonely. I was far away from my family, 29 years old and felt being late with everything. Finishing school, not being married, no real friends... I think the circumstances were triggering. After 2 years of taking it I feel very good. Intense long dreams dry mouth are my side effects."

Am Molnar (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 8, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "So I absolutely adore my lexapro I'm the happiest I have been in years. I literally cannot function without it. I had went off of it for about a month however due to insurance issues and I went insane. Like literally. Hysterical crying episodes I left my husband. So be prepared to never ever skip it. (i am back with my husband,btw when I got my mind back)"

Yasss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I have been on 10mg valuim for 10 years. I started lexpro today. I am already feeling nauseous and feel my anxiety increasing. After reading these reviews I am willing to give a shot in really hope it works. Thanks for the reviews."

Dannie36 April 7, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm a 26 year old woman. After suffering from depression and anxiety for most of my life, I finally decided to seek help from my doctor and he recommended that I try Escitalopram for a month to see if it helps. I didn't ever think I would feel "normal" but this medication has literally saved my life. I had mild side effects when I first started taking it (gas, nausea, lack of appetite, excessive yawning, and my tongue went a little numb), but they have subsided now at two weeks and I'll I'm left with is feeling balanced! I feel wonderful. I do take it at night because I found it worked better for me and insomnia that I've suffered from for years has gone away. I have gotten my life back."

Sprucegoose89 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've had depression at times in my life. Took prozac with good effect. I'd been off meds for years. After a year of chronic stress, I got sick. I had lots of tests that were all normal. I developed panic attacks from worrying about feeling sick for over a month. When I realized my nausea, lack of appetite, excessive sleep and aches were likely due to stress, i started prozac. I was on it for a week but the panic was so bad my doc switched me to lexapro . I have been on it 3 weeks now and the panic has stopped and I feel pretty good. I, too, felt like I had 10 cups of coffee or speed when I started it, plus insomnia. I stuck it out thanks to these reviews. I'm glad I did. Hang in there. YouTube has good videos for anxiety help."

Panicky Pam (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Escitalopram has helped me tremendously with panic and anxiety! Want to give hope to others who've been combing forums as I have. Started having panic attacks 6 months ago for no apparent reason. Waited it out hoping they would stop, but only worsened and my life went downhill fast. Dr. gave me Escitalopram 10 mg. with Clonazepam to help with start up effects. The first 10 days were difficult: insomnia, loss of appetite, increased anxiety. These effects disappeared as I hoped and each day I noticed subtle improvements. I am now panic free! Still have small anxiety, but that is human and "normal". So happy that I took action, as I was very afraid. Give this med a chance and give it time to work. I'm sure glad that I did!"

c9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "After trying numerous antidepressants years back and having bizarre reactions and becoming a walking zombie I was prescribed "Cipralex" 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I started with only 1/4 of a tablet as I was apprehensive but beside a bit of an odd smell when going to the bathroom they are amazing. After only 1/4 pill the first day about 4 hours after I took it I found myself laughing for the first time in years and now feel calmer, and much more focused with more drive. A month ago I could barely read a paragraph without losing my concentration or re-reading it over and over,now I WANT to read and read. I feel so much more in control,then again I have been experiencing depression for about 20 years so do something about it now no regrets here!"

Henry Ateris April 3, 2016