User Reviews for Escitalopram

Also known as: Lexapro

Learn more about Escitalopram.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 3 reviews 129 medications

Somatoform Pain Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Escitalopram reviews 1031 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Escitalopram

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "On my fourth day now taking this and I feel so much better. The first 2 days were hell for me. Side effects just like everybody else says. I felt like I was dizzy, nauseous, and had diarrhea. It just made me feel strange. But by the third day I felt amazing. I still felt a little weird at first but the side effects wore off quickly and then and began to stop overthinking things so much. It's almost as if I just started to feel at peace with everything like I was just laid back which is not how I ever was. No more of that chest pain or heavy breathing or sickening nervous feeling. Even my girlfriend could notice a difference in me as I was not so wound up about everything. just happy I can feel normal again"

N89 August 6, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "17. My mood before ranged from sad to completely neutral about everything. I was unmotivated, irritable, had chronic migraines, was constantly exhausted but unable to sleep without meds and felt like I had a huge weight on my shoulders. Now I've been taking Lexapro/ Cipralex for 1 week. I didn't get dry mouth thankfully. I feel lighter, wake up very alert, and less irritable. I had a bit of nausea and some pupil dilation the first couple nights and I feel a bit antsy overall. I found that with Seroquel for sleep, I would fall asleep within half an hour. Combined with Lexapro/Cipralex I can fall asleep within 15 minutes. I take it around 11pm and then I take the Seroquel whenever I want to go to sleep. So far it's been pretty good."

Kat_679 (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I encountered a bout of hypochondria when Doctors couldn%u2019t diagnose some pain I was having. Slight worry turned into full-blown panic attacks and daylong anxiety. With anxiety comes a bunch of physical symptoms and I was certain each one of those symptoms was more proof of me having some sort of undiscovered health condition, feeding into the anxiety. My physician suggested I try going on Lexapro for 6 months and I was at the end of my rope so I reluctantly agreed. Side effects were horrible but they went away and within 1 month of my first dose I was completley back to normal. I've now been off it for 6 months and its like my entire episode never happened. Lexapro saved my life."

RustyShackleford August 3, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I love this medication! I have been on it for about a year and it has made my life so much better. I had been living with severe anxiety and depression. After starting lexapro, I had some side effects such as the weird dreams, nausea, dizziness, and increased anxiety. After 2 weeks, I started to feel so much better! I now have less anxiety and I have not had a panic attack in 6 months! It is amazing how great I feel. Finally, I can live my life like a normal 24 year old! My advice to anyone who is on this medicine is to stay on it! It is worth it!"

Court court August 2, 2015

For Depression: "I'm currently on two benzodiazepines (xanax and klonopin) as well as lexapro, and lexapro is effectively useless. I've been on 20 mg for a while now and so far I am still extremely depressed and experience severe suicidal thoughts multiple times a week. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to get off of lexparo. I was better off when I wasn't on anything at all. The only thing that helps is lexapro in conjunction with 1 mg xanax, which, quite frankly, makes me feel stoned."

am23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on lexapro 4 days 5mg and found I have nausea and feel very restless and more anxiety I also have the a strange feeling in my leg not sure whether to keep going with medication. My heart feels like it is racing but that could be from the anxiety. Not sure I can rate this so early in taking it."

GeForce August 1, 2015

For Anxiety: "I'm a hypersensitive and socially anxious person. After reading a tons of information about my issue, i decided to try a SSRI, Lexapro especially. I began using Lexapro 10mg about two weeks ago. It's a miracle drug, after just 4-5 days, my hypersensitivity and social anxiety almost gone!. I also notice a significant improvement in my premature ejaculation, which's a positive side-effect to me. What most people didn't know about SSRI, is that they acually don't reduce anxiety alone, scientific research suggest that they actually reduce "neuroticism", which include anxiety, fear, moodiness, worry, envy, frustration, jealousy, and loneliness"

Mustapha$ (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I am 28. I have been on this medicine now for 6 months being treated for sever OCD and anxiety. In 6 months time I have gained 30 ish pounds, my Sex drive is gone, I can not sleep at night (horrible and weird dreams), and I still can not stop thinking of a million and one things before I go to bed (example: I need to make my bed, dishes done, kids set for the next day,) I am tired all the time and I have no energy anymore for anything. I feel like I'm a different person. However I am not as bad with my OCD as I was before taking it, I am actually calm at night rather than worried if something will happen, I am just all around calmer. I am up in the air with this drug because it does seem to work but am I too calm. I am not really myself."

Jessie lynn July 31, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Had been struggling with GAD, OCD and Depression for years, trying numerous drugs on the Australian market, and nothing would work. Side effects from most were enough to make me stop, as they were horrible, and did nothing to help the anxiety. Ive been on Loxalate 10mg for 8 weeks now, and woah. I had little to no side effects at all, and the over obsessing thoughts and feelings started to fade away almost instantly. I feel as though for the first time my thoughts are my own and not my anxieties or fears."

Larz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Prescribed for GAD. On .5 mg for a month. Constant yawning. Teeth grinding. Heavy head. Foggy. Zombie-like. Gained 9 lbs in the first month. Terrible!!! Terrifying! Took myself off without weaning and was violently sick for a week. Never again."

Murrrrrr (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Anxiety: "I started on lexapro about week and a half ago 10mg. I had anxiety and panic attacks so bad due to my job I couldn't even leave the house gripped in fear that I'll have another attack. I basically felt like my life as I knew it was coming to an end. My family was looking at me weird, close friends too. When I started this drug it increased my anxiety and I felt like I had the flu without the fever. The first 3 days were very hard to say the least, every side effect I felt. Then after about the 4th day I started to feel good. 7 days later I'm back to being me with no attacks, mild anxiety maybe twice every 10 hrs or so... So, I'm telling you to stick with it. You'll come out on the other end of things and start to feel some normalcy."

Bando (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I just finished reading all these reviews about Lexapro, just prior I was reading all the reviews from people trying to get off Lexapro.. Crazy the things people go thru to get on this medication and then just as crazy the things you go thru to get off it. So what to do???? I have been on Lex for approx. 18 months my Dr put me on when there was a lot going on in my life and i told 'I had shopping cart rage" :) among others issues. I too went thru all the crap in the beginning and felt just stick it out. I did and I survived and things seemed better. fast forward 18 months later I thought my life has calmed down and I wanted off the meds. I also have Ambien and Xanax that I take "as needed" which isn't often. I ask my Dr about getting off"

Anonymous July 28, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've just started taking Lexapro 10mg 4 days ago. I have the normal headaches, some nausea, but I also feel restlessness. I do not feel like I'm crawling out of my skin, but I feel like I can't sit still and I have some odd pain in my legs. It isn't cramping or sharp pains per say. It almost feels like a warm sensation. I also feel maybe a bit more anxiety as of now. Is the restlessness and feeling in my legs normal. I wouldn't say it is intolerable, just annoying. Should I continue through the first week? I know I can call my doctor and I plan to, but I would like to see if anyone else has experienced these side effects and if they subsided."

HeavybagsAndHope July 28, 2015

For Depression: "While this is the first medication I've been on it has made an exceptional positive impact on my life. The side effects are first for me a really unpleasant but they're totally worth working through because they did go away and it made everything in my life easier. My depression and anxiety are much better, sleeping better, eating better, motivation to get on with my life."

Just_Need_a_Name (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 28, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "Don't try it, withdrawal is horrible. 5 days, no relief."

Pacing (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was started in 5mg. No effect. Then went to 10 mg. Oh my god I feel absolutely fantastic. Intrusive thoughts are easier to brush off a little bit of increased appetite and tiredness and that's it!! Brilliant. This is the only one that's worked for me!! I have been on sertaline and prozac and they were no good. Fab drug. Will be staying on this one."

Melissaxoo July 27, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was diagnosed with GAD and PD, and then given this generic brand of Lexapro. Since this drug more potent than other SSRIs, I was relying on its efficiency to work quickly and with little side effects. I took 0.5mg of this every morning. The first two weeks I noticed an improvement in my mood. But I was feeling drowsy (a side effect) that made me lack energy and feel too foggy headed. By the third week, I was experiencing an increase in anxiety, extreme mood fluctuations, stronger feelings of fear, lack of appetite, and more symptoms of a panic attack. I talked to my therapist after 3 days of this continued torture and was advised to quit the Lexapro. It just isn't for me. Everyone experiences SSRIs differently! Keep looking!"

KatieYoga July 25, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm in my late twenties and I've been prescribed this medication for social anxiety and depression (I live in Canada). I had been in therapy for almost a year before starting taking it, and also doing yoga and meditation for a couple of years. I had basically tried every herb and supplement for anxiety over the years and was very stressed out and secretly suicidal when I went to my doctor. This medication saved me. At first I couldn't eat for about 10 days, no desire to put food in my dry mouth. I also felt a bit drugged and weird. After 2 weeks on the 10 mg dose I started feeling a lot better, and as the weeks went by my anxiety lowered a whole lot. I finally feel like myself, I can speak my mind and let my personality shine. I feel happy!"

xperfume (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "At the age of 55, I found the only drug that has worked for me in 35 years, I can't even begin to explain my childhood or experiences thereafter, as soon as I could, I sought medical attention with my limited finances. Before that, all I could do was drink and have a good time. I thank God I finally was given Lexapro, (Escitalopram.) I felt relief immediately, whereas NOTHING else did, and was happy, After all the drugs I tried, I have no side effects with Lexapro. I hope this gives hope to those who have been searching. God bless you above and beyond your dreams. With LOVE."

Carbini (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was initially put on Lexapro (5mg) at age 14 for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and it helped drastically and I took it for maybe 8 months. After becoming a victim of sexual assault at age 18 and spending five years in legal battles. I was then diagnosed with (in addition to OCD) Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, and Depression. I was on Celexa for about six months and felt extreme bursts of anger so my doctor had me switch to Lexapro as my body had adapted to it well as a teen. I was placed on 10mg of Lexapro and have been doing amazing for the last year I have taken it. The first month I vomited nearly every day and was unable to drive myself more than 5 minutes but it really was worth the month of struggle."

MilitaryWife (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2015

For Depression: "Been on lexapro for 6 weeks now. It has made a huge difference in my life. I'm calmer, more focused, sleeping better, I can manage my issues with a eater mind. It's almost like your a more improved version of yourself. However, I have slight side effects such as diarrhea. But I can deal with that! Good luck all! Please give this medication a chance to work before giving up on it."

Touchdown Tommy Rules July 20, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Depression: "I seriously used to cry everyday and wonder when my life would change. I felt like I was stuck and had no one to talk to that would understand the way I felt. I used to think of all different ways to end the pain but I knew suicide was not the answer. I felt empty inside and tried everything to make myself feel better. I would turn to food to make myself feel better and I felt I was spiraling out of control. I would isolate myself from everyone. I resulted in cutting myself and I felt a sense of relief. I knew I needed help immediately. I told my doctor everything I was experiencing with tears in my eyes. He prescribed me lexapro and after two weeks I felt like a different person. It made me feel so much better and I could recognize myself."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Anxiety: "I started to get anxiety when I went back to work. I was prescribed lexapro by my doctor and started 3 days ago. A lot of the reviews say to keep sticking with it so I plan too. As far as the side effects, I get the nausea and dizziness but it's not so severe that I can't function. I do however, feel like I'm constantly zoning out and just staring out into space sometimes. I do notice I yawn a lot too and my lower jaw feels really tense all the time. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm going to keep sticking with this drug. There is such good reviews once the side effects subside and your body adjusts to it."

IREJ July 19, 2015

Lexapro (escitalopram) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I have been taking two months now lexapro 10 mg and it helped with the insomnia I had due to anxiety.I was taking ambien for two years, but now with lexapro I didn't need ambien anymore to sleep."

elii July 17, 2015

For Depression: "Tried it for two weeks. Not bad first few days. Then headaches and felt like shit for the last 3-4 days. They say give it some time? How much time? When you feel like shit and do not want to do anything after two weeks thats it for me. I will say one thing about it, Sex is no problem. Cock is hard as a preachers dick. Two hour session yesterday and day before but no blast OFF. Wife loves loves the shit."

Sweet Willy (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015