User Reviews for Ergocalciferol

Also known as: Calcidol, Calciferol, Drisdol, Vitamin D2

Learn more about Ergocalciferol.

Vitamin D Deficiency 6 reviews 19 medications

Hypoparathyroidism 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypophosphatemia 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Osteomalacia 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rickets 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vitamin/Mineral Supp...n and Deficiency 0 reviews 610 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ergocalciferol reviews 6 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Ergocalciferol

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "Was prescribed 50000 iu of Drisdol once a week for 12 weeks. I was reluctant to take it since OTC Vitamin D3 triggers migraines. My doctor assured me that, since Drisdol was Vitamin D2 NOT D3 it wouldn't cause headaches. Boy was he WRONG. With 24 hours after taking the first capsule I had a severe migraine that none of my usual meds even made a dent it. I ended suffering up in bed for three days. Oh, did I mention the horrible knee pain that came along with the migraine?? I guess I was lucky that I had to stay in bed since my legs hurt too bad to walk. Needless to say,I stopped the Drisdol. I'm sure my doctor won't be happy with my decision but if he had the reaction to Drisdol that I had I'm sure he would stop taking it too."

grumpymama59 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2015

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I was feeling sleepy all the time and just didn't want to do anything at all. I went to my doctor and had my blood work done to find out my vitamin D was very low. She put me on Ergocalciferol vitamin D. My hair has stop falling out I stay on the go now and back to my old self. Thanks for blood work that tells the truth!"

Lady V April 4, 2012

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "Leg/foot cramps stopped - hair stopped falling out - joint (knee) pain considerably better - more energy. I had no idea I was deficient since I live in Southern Arizona and am in the sun a LOT - plus I was taking 2,000IU of a good (Carlson) supplement. I highly recommend this product"

Anonymous October 10, 2010

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "I have had major surgery for osteochondrites dessicans when I was a young adult, and recently have begun to experience chronic Pain (bad) difficulty bending my Knee, and was prescribed 50,000 units once a week for 8 weeks, by my PCP not the orthopedic surgeon, and I am shocked my pain has dropped to almost non existent, knee bends fine."

crushing knee pain October 28, 2009

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) for Vitamin D Deficiency: "After years of chronic pain and depression that responded to nothing I finally asked for a Vitamin D blood test. BINGO. Low normal is 40 - I was a 4. After 8 weeks of once a week doses of 50,000 units, and a daily dose of 2000 units, I am feeling better than I have in years! I live in AZ - low D can happen anywhere!"

D-is-key October 18, 2009

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vitamin D Deficiency: "I had no idea my symptoms were from a Vitamin D deficiency. It's certainly not a quick fix but after a couple of months on this supplement, my symptoms are vanishing and my hair and skin are much much healthier. I'm thankful to my rheumatologist, who suggested the test and medication."

angiehedberg December 22, 2008

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate